Managing the Masses can be difficult at times

https://vimeo.com/272149393

Swish2
05-28-2018, 12:43 AM
dum

Mr "No Content" passes judgement on others

Wonkie
05-28-2018, 12:46 AM
i like it because its meta(i don't know what this is)

jamesaberson
05-28-2018, 12:57 AM
100/10 that was great

Tupakk
05-28-2018, 01:08 AM
I laughed out loud. So hard.

Vormotus
05-28-2018, 03:04 AM
Perfect! Like this family picture :D

https://i.imgur.com/9PPJvKq.jpg

MilanderTruewield
05-28-2018, 03:09 AM
First thought that comes to mind when viewing that picture:

Is this some kind of ritualized family suicide pact?

Jimjam
05-28-2018, 03:33 AM
I think she just had a water birth so the family is sitting in a soup of blood, piss, shit and other such delightful fluids.

Canelek
05-28-2018, 03:41 AM
Word. Solid soak!

Swish2
05-28-2018, 08:06 AM
Perfect! Like this family picture :D

https://i.imgur.com/9PPJvKq.jpg

No joke I'd wager I'd have got a ban for gore or something on that photo from BDA petitions.

Bboboo
05-28-2018, 09:44 AM
Content

rictus204
05-28-2018, 12:03 PM
lol i see alot of people rumbling about a green server recently... has there been any official word on it besides that one time sirken mentioned the idea during one of his sirkensuperstreams years and years ago?

Tenderizer
05-28-2018, 12:42 PM
would be cool but theirs lips are pretty tight about everything.

Swish2
05-28-2018, 07:09 PM
lol i see alot of people rumbling about a green server recently... has there been any official word on it besides that one time sirken mentioned the idea during one of his sirkensuperstreams years and years ago?

People just hope if they make enough threads it'll happen. I'm sure that's how it works.

Tenderizer
05-28-2018, 07:22 PM
chardok first!

loramin
05-28-2018, 07:33 PM

Its just the entire point of all of Project 1999. Technically I've never heard the staff call it "Green", but they've been discussing the concept for true classic (not beta/Blue) for years.

loramin
05-28-2018, 07:35 PM

Its just the entire point of all of Project 1999. Technically I've never heard the staff call it "Green", but they've been discussing the concept of a true classic (not beta/Blue) for years.

Mead
05-28-2018, 07:36 PM
Loramin not giving up on green99

At what point do you admit that it’s not going to happen?

3 years? 5 years? 10 years?

Jimjam
05-28-2018, 07:37 PM
People gave up on velious.

Mead
05-28-2018, 07:41 PM
People gave up on velious.

?

loramin
05-28-2018, 07:44 PM
Loramin not giving up on green99

At what point do you admit that it’s not going to happen?

3 years? 5 years? 10 years?

Velious took how many years? We still don't even have Chardok 2.0 yet, let alone the patches after, so Green's still a long way off.

I'd say three years after the last patch, then I'll truly give up hope, although I'll start being bummed a year after. But until then my money is on the people who have spent a decade working on this project not deciding to just pack up and quit when they've finally gotten so close to their goal.

Mead
05-28-2018, 07:52 PM
Velious took how many years? We still don't even have Chardok 2.0 yet, let alone the patches after, so Green's still a long way off.

I'd say three years after the last patch, then I'll truly give up hope, although I'll start being bummed a year after. But until then my money is on the people who have spent a decade working on this project not deciding to just pack up and quit when they've finally gotten so close to their goal.

Your pals in rnf will be here to comfort you

Tenderizer
05-29-2018, 09:55 AM
Release Luclin

P2002 will get you your luclin.

lots of chores to do before a new server anyways. website needs a facelift, decisions on how a new server would best suite the server i.e. form a progression reset server with a legacy blue and/or red, list goes on.

I would love to see the to do list thats hanging up in the office.... but even when all is said and done there will still be people screaming "Luclin!, custome content!, fuck gm's!"

loramin
05-29-2018, 11:29 AM
P2002 server sucks. The community is no where near as socially active as p99

Isn't 2002 a boxing server?

There's a huge lie that the people behind all boxing servers tell themselves. They think "we don't have enough players, but we want our server to grow, so we'll allow boxing to make it seem like we have more players ..."

... but the reality, as you noted, is the exact opposite: the boxers just wind up playing with themselves, which makes the server seem even emptier and ensures that it will never grow/succeed.

sereal
05-29-2018, 01:05 PM
Exactly. That's why i think p99 would thrive with Luclin simply because we're not a box server.

I'm betting a lot of people would leave the server if luclin came out. Lot of people would be upset I think.

Wonkie
05-29-2018, 01:07 PM
Isn't 2002 a boxing server?

There's a huge lie that the people behind all boxing servers tell themselves. They think "we don't have enough players, but we want our server to grow, so we'll allow boxing to make it seem like we have more players ..."

... but the reality, as you noted, is the exact opposite: the boxers just wind up playing with themselves, which makes the server seem even emptier and ensures that it will never grow/succeed.

you keep saying this and i keep telling you - shits classic.

sereal
05-29-2018, 01:12 PM
There would be a lot of people who leave. But you better believe there would be just as many who return.

I mean it's a unknown. Considering p99 has a pretty healthy population i'm not sure it would be worth the risk. I say this as someone who would like things to go up to PoP.

Mead
05-29-2018, 01:26 PM
the luclin convo again

nice

even better than green99

https://i.imgur.com/AHyjww3.gif

sereal
05-29-2018, 01:34 PM
I mean, we could do another 4 years of velious, that sounds really fun. Luclin would give the server a lot of breathing room imo. Imagine all the happy rangers with AM3 and Endless Quiver.

We probably will get another 4 years of velious.

Mead
05-29-2018, 02:04 PM
We probably will get another 4 years of velious.

Probably a good bet since the server is locked at velios

Tenderizer
05-29-2018, 03:07 PM
Luclin would give the server a lot of breathing room imo. Imagine all the happy rangers with AM3 and Endless Quiver.

Breathing room? There are a hood but of zones and places devoid of players on p99 now. Mostly lower lvl. Adding more space with out a major, sustained population increase would be a disaster

sereal
05-29-2018, 05:59 PM
Breathing room? There are a hood but of zones and places devoid of players on p99 now. Mostly lower lvl. Adding more space with out a major, sustained population increase would be a disaster

The main benefit is top guilds would have new stuff to contest and smaller more casual guilds would have a chance to do stuff currently on lock down.

That probably isn't a good reason to go up to luclin.

Tenderizer
05-29-2018, 06:09 PM
The main benefit is top guilds would have new stuff to contest and smaller more casual guilds would have a chance to do stuff currently on lock down.

That probably isn't a good reason to go up to luclin.

If they dont have content or fun to be had anymore thats on the neckbeards. Maybe another year and more stuff will be on rotation or left alone completely for more to enjoy.

Mblake1981
05-29-2018, 06:42 PM

Agreed. Added another expansion just so a couple guilds can have new content to monopolize is not exactly appealing, the idea that lower tier gear can get BIS and conquer new content loses focus when its no longer BIS and top content. They complaints and crying will still be there but it will be crying and complaints about Luclin. After a while the discontents will be here on the forums asking for PoP. Might as well remove some of the classic zones no one is using.. you guys really want to play a progression server. We came here to get away from Luclin+. Its not that I am against further progress but the MMO lost its way around that point.

I like playing with the idea that 5 continents is plenty of space, considering Kunark and Velious are mostly wastelands. Put stuff there to do and add more to existing vanilla zones to keep high level people around lower level people for buffs and chatting. Both Kunark and Velious are out of place.. Giants are supposed to be dumb but they built a city and managed to kill dragons.. not to mentioned giants both look different in each compared to classic.. because sweet new graphics abilities mang. Lack of cohesion started with the leezards.

Vormotus
05-29-2018, 10:52 PM
There is a well known axiom, that states, more or less, that ANYTHING done in the spirit to help certain underprivileged groups or factions to try to equate them to bigger groups or factions, ends up just furthering the gap between them as the already big factions or groups hog these allocated resources for them due to their expertise, numbers or elite access to information.

Though I disagree with the idea of Luclin, I can understand some reasons for it.

Saying it is for "breathing room" is ... something that really has no logical place in my own personal opinion.

EVERY single time in EVE Online (I come from there) any kind of mechanic or xpac was aimed at beginners or underdogs, it ended up being hogged down by the bigger alliances by sheer numbers and power, which is logically what would occur here.

We do not need breathing room, there is no need to change, there is no need to rush, to grab this model of BiS gear as the ultimate paragon of existence and then apply it as a lever to push content out.

The game and server as it is right now , does not NEED it at all.

Honestly P99 is awesome as it is ... ;)

A fixed state permalocked "classic" server is sublimely beautiful and absolute perfection.

It is bliss in stasis, a monument to a moment that is no more and yet ... is.

You can feel it, breathe it, sense it and play it ....

Conceptually it is a Diamond, cut and polished.

It is here, it is NOW. :)

Seeing it as something else than what it already is , is wrong.