PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Person

garysmoot
05-21-2018, 11:57 AM
In light of the fact that this insane person continues to bully his way around the bear pits (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298369), I present to you my encounter with Lickity: The Worst Person.

garysmoot
05-21-2018, 11:58 AM

rictus204
05-21-2018, 12:02 PM
mmhmm, i see.

zati
05-21-2018, 12:09 PM
./ignore gloosh /ignore lickity /ignore toastygril

thanks OP

MagpieRockyl
05-21-2018, 12:12 PM
op delivered

didnt read

please give us a little summary it's a lot of tells to read thanks op

Raavak
05-21-2018, 12:14 PM
Lickity triggered. Needs a safe space ASAP.

ZiggyTheMuss
05-21-2018, 12:18 PM
this makes me want to dust off my 60 dr00d and take him back to the pits.

Daloon
05-21-2018, 12:23 PM
Thanks OP I have blacklisted that person

Mblake81
05-21-2018, 12:35 PM
Likkity managed to consume OP for 25 minutes.

Would you have put up with that in real life standing face to face.. you would probably say "ok that's enough".

[If you are going to converse with the crazy that are just good enough to be dangerous because trolling is so cool errybody does it.](https://youtu.be/9w2sAfkoDfE?t=28s)

garysmoot
05-21-2018, 12:41 PM
please give us a little summary it's a lot of tells to read thanks op

Sure. Yeah, it's a lot. I'll give a very quick summary.

So a buddy and I did bear pits for 2-3 hours--the whole thing. No one was there but us, no one said a word. It was our first time. Eventually, Toastygril came and asked if we would mind giving her the lower bears. We said sure, we were about to stop anyway. Also we didn't realize there were multiple camps in the bear pits. So then we left. As we left, I noticed that Lickity claimed one of the bear pit camps in OOC. So I gave him a tell to let him know to check with Toastygril--that's where my screenshots begins. All the /tells happened after we zoned out completely.

So there's a lot of ground to cover in the actual screenshots, but basically, Lickity was really angry that we were doing the pits "wrong" and killing multiple bear camps. He said he confronted us multiple times about it while we were there, and we ignored him. I didn't recall anyone confronting us at all during our time there... like, no one said anything whatsoever, in any form. It was silent. But I was still worried that I missed it, and I felt bad, so I checked my logs. I grepped for all instances of his name for like the last week of gameplay, and all I found was an ooc message from him days ago wishing my guild good luck in a kill.

He then accused me of altering my logs (!!) and that I was lying. He also said that he *couldn't* have been online and wished my guild good luck, as he hadn't played his character in a month or something.

He said the only way to prove that I was sorry was to give up all the XP I gained during my time there.

After the first page or so, my thought was to simply /ignore this person who I assumed was trolling me. But the intensity of his insanity incited me to push on.

There's really no way for me to summarize the conversation and do it any justice. You really need to read it for yourself. It's fucking crazy town.

Mblake81
05-21-2018, 12:41 PM
OP you need a set of false teeth to put in that are sharper than his.. if you are not literally making that fool leave the zone with repeated tells from him saying "you're so dumb lol" than you are doing it wrong.

Some fool can only respect and understand a hammer crushing their thin skulls.

garysmoot
05-21-2018, 12:43 PM
Likkity managed to consume OP for 25 minutes.

There were multiple points where I had /ignore typed out and ready to press enter, but part of me realized I was witnessing something truly unique. Like how astronomers yearn to capture a supernova. You'd be foolish to move your telescope at that point, you know?

paroxym
05-21-2018, 12:50 PM
Wow what a lunatic lol

MagpieRockyl
05-21-2018, 12:52 PM
indeed garysmoot don't let any naysayers in this thread discourage you. you have performed admirably. welcome to the Council.

garysmoot
05-21-2018, 01:03 PM
indeed garysmoot don't let any naysayers in this thread discourage you. you have performed admirably. welcome to the Council.

Ha, thanks. Yeah it's weird that people complain a rant is too long, when part of the definition of a rant is that it's long. Also let's not kid ourselves: this is classic stuff. This is gravy.

garysmoot
05-21-2018, 01:04 PM
OP delivered. Welcome to Rants & Flames. You belong here. With us.

I'm honored and terrified.

Wonkie
05-21-2018, 01:10 PM
highlights?

NegaStoat
05-21-2018, 01:14 PM
Read the whole thing. It was worthy RnF material. If a Guide dares to enter this thread to comment, the only thing I want out of them is confirmation or a correction of the 1 in 5 ratio of insane antisocial players. They'd know the real number.

MiRo2
05-21-2018, 01:16 PM
most assholes doesnt see them being an asshole as being an asshole

Ella`Ella
05-21-2018, 01:34 PM
This is good. But it's not great.

DinoTriz
05-21-2018, 01:59 PM
I can't stand people who send about 6-8 separate messages to form one sentence.

d3r14k
05-21-2018, 02:03 PM
I'm guilty of doing this a LOT ^ ... especially when quadding.

I had a suspicion that it was annoying, but now it is confirmed. Now when I receive a /tell I have to answer and I'm in the middle of a quad:

https://i.imgur.com/KaIUrwE.png

Raavak
05-21-2018, 02:09 PM
NUM LOCK run and hope you don't hit a tree or the zone-wall before you're done typing. A lot of times I just say "f-it" and gate to do the convo.

MagpieRockyl
05-21-2018, 02:10 PM
This is good. But it's not great.

agreed; however it receives a boost because Op delivered. the deliverance of OP content cannot be underscored enough in Anno Domini 2018

DinoTriz
05-21-2018, 02:15 PM
I'm guilty of doing this a LOT ^ ... especially when quadding.

I had a suspicion that it was annoying, but now it is confirmed. Now when I receive a /tell I have to answer and I'm in the middle of a quad:

But you probably don't do it consistently like the guy does in the screenshots.

Obeast44
05-21-2018, 02:30 PM
Lickity got GLOOSHED all over his face!

Canelek
05-21-2018, 02:35 PM
Damn. I do not think I could unravel that person's insane babbling. Thanks for the TL;DR, OP.

Argentate
05-21-2018, 03:01 PM
OP failed. Can't see !@(*&)$*

fan D
05-21-2018, 03:08 PM
yeah only red server has retards

https://i.imgur.com/cbKgdKp.gif

Mblake1981
05-21-2018, 03:10 PM
It's fucking crazy town.

but part of me realized I was witnessing something truly unique. Like how astronomers yearn to capture a supernova. You'd be foolish to move your telescope at that point, you know?

See your point but.. ugh Idk man, I have seen too much of this looney on the net and for whatever reason it bothered me today when I read some of the conversation.Twitty is RnF, Likkity is insane. (https://eatingbees.wordpress.com/the-wayback-machine/try-being-a-guide-you/) FWIW Jauna had some decent RnF recently. Suggest changing the subs name to Rants, Flames and The Insane.

Foxplay
05-21-2018, 03:32 PM
do these bears / wolves / spiders, drop cocaine or something? This dude is super serial about a single exp camp

Womp824
05-21-2018, 03:43 PM
This was most definitely worth it. Thanks for delivering OP. Quality shit right here

Tenderizer
05-21-2018, 03:49 PM
Didnt read, seems like a waste of forum space. So, when are you 2 gonna date?

Mblake1981
05-21-2018, 04:00 PM
Do you think Likkity is actually convinced that he is in the right, and was actually traveling for the last 7 months? Or is he in fact just a lying piece of shit?

If you take that angle you "don't get it lol".. orum culture you mad bro. He knows he is saying stupid things, that's the gag. This is the amusement.

Did OP get him or did he get OP.. you would like to side with reason and say OP got him but it depends on which ruleset you are following. OP seems to admit he was playing him out to get more insane talk so it would stand to reason OP was in control.

But likkity still wasted his time and made a name for himself in RnF&I, I can't recall OPs name without looking.

Womp824
05-21-2018, 04:40 PM
But if that's the name of the game, Lickity might have been looking for attention and OP was just having a giggle at his expensive for personal satisfaction. Are both #winning or did they both lose The Game?

paulgiamatti
05-21-2018, 04:55 PM
Lickity is an unhinged delusional idiot with no life

OP is a masochist

garysmoot
05-21-2018, 04:56 PM
But if that's the name of the game, Lickity might have been looking for attention and OP was just having a giggle at his expensive for personal satisfaction. Are both #winning or did they both lose The Game?

It's true, I've thought about The Game a lot after that encounter. AKA who is the bigger sociopath? Who is most laid-back, the most amused, the most detached of all?

And it's cool, that's all fine. But I guess the issue for me was after this guy started actively bullying people (maybe in the name of The Game), perhaps that's when The Game stops being fun? In my case, admittedly, I did technically start the conversation (though I expected maybe 2 lines of text total to come from it). But in the insane OOC conversation I linked to originally, he was just being an outright aggressor--pouncing on someone for playing the game in a way that he disapproved of. It's like how Omar in The Wire never fucked with anyone who wasn't in The Game. Everyone's gotta have a code.

So if this entire thread and everything that results from it adds up to him #winning, that's fine, he can #win. But my point is that he shouldn't be allowed to play anymore.

garysmoot
05-21-2018, 04:57 PM
Lickity is operating from a post modernist viewpoint.

OP is operating from a reality/common sense viewpoint.

/thread

Yeah, this is exactly right. Trying to reconcile the two is like comparing apples to the concept of love.

Mblake1981
05-21-2018, 05:07 PM

https://i.imgur.com/sSATwJM.png

Are we venturing into charlie sheen #winning, I don't see #TigerBlood

Were they winners because both are satisfied, did Likkity truly get the attention he desired or was his angle simply to be an annoyance?

Were they losers because there was no #concede?

More questions and less answers. Yes, No and Maybe are flirty with the Plane of Insanity.

Mead
05-21-2018, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't have given this guy 3 seconds of my time

I love being me

Stormfists
05-21-2018, 05:39 PM
Amazed OP responded for that long.

I'd have aoe feared his shit and told him to suck a meaty chode.

Rang
05-21-2018, 05:53 PM
What all the ruckus, Lickity?

https://i.imgur.com/kB9ewzJ.jpg

MagpieRockyl
05-21-2018, 06:25 PM
Lickity is operating from a post modernist viewpoint.

go on...

kaluppo
05-21-2018, 06:49 PM
do these bears / wolves / spiders, drop cocaine or something? This dude is super serial about a single exp camp

They give XP and that's it. No loot, No PP, No rez available if you die. But all these mobs are paired in two's and can be druid/enchanter charmed to fight the mob next to them. Break charm when both mobs are below 5% health and you can finish both off for full XP with dungeon bonus. For a Druid I doubt there is a faster way to grind 52-60. I was halfway into 55 on Friday and I am 1 gold into 57 today from a weekend at that camp.

Lickity is a jerk. He tried to bully me out of my camp this weekend but I refused to let him run me off. At least I'm not the only one cause misery loves company.

Holyhawk
05-21-2018, 07:44 PM
"We are all very polite about this camp" -Lickity <Blood Guard>, 2018

FungusTrooper
05-21-2018, 08:06 PM
Christ. Do you think he really believes the whole fake log/Argentina thing? I think he might be actually sick :(.

Mead
05-21-2018, 08:19 PM
he makes detoxx and fingerz look like prophets of the lord

garysmoot
05-21-2018, 09:03 PM
Christ. Do you think he really believes the whole fake log/Argentina thing? I think he might be actually sick :(.

Exactly. This is exactly what I'm saying.

Swish2
05-21-2018, 09:24 PM
Ban Lickity, the community doesn't need him.

Grimjaw
05-21-2018, 09:25 PM
"stop condescending me, kid"

Tethler
05-22-2018, 01:42 AM
If he spends all his time in Antarctic bore-holes, that explains his amazing social skills.

Jimjam
05-22-2018, 02:31 AM
When you've spent so long in permafrost you mistake the experience for being a polar miner irl...

Canelek
05-22-2018, 02:41 AM
he makes detoxx and fingerz look like prophets of the lord

We don't need anymore lords. That dipshit jesus has been attempting to lord over us all for centuries now, and will keep trying since "he" has most of the southern US and other fodder landplots sorted in "his" favour.

No more, I say! No more! :D

jackd104
05-22-2018, 10:23 AM
This is longer than any real life conversation, discussion,or argument I’ve ever had. I’m both impressed and disturbed by your ability to remain engaged in such a pointless exchange for so long.

joppykid
05-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Nobody condescends Likkity!! It's like he just learned about the word in school and can't stop using it.

Mead
05-22-2018, 11:01 AM
don't condescend me bro

MagpieRockyl
05-22-2018, 11:48 AM
He is offended by every perceived slight, he operates from a position where every single person(except those in protected classes) is making decisions solely out of an attempt to grab or maintain power.

An example would be if you are walking into a retail location at the same time as someone else, one of you goes in first because you let them or they sped up. A post modernist would think if they beat that person in the store they would be oppressing the other, so they let the person go first. The non-lunatic doesn’t think twice about this interaction. The post modernist is likely to spiral into a rage about being oppressed over something incredibly inane(polar bear camp).

This produces a human being who is so damaged from years of perceived but not real oppression. They lose all ability to interact with society on any functional level.

https://i.imgur.com/jdzdVB6.gif

Wonkie
05-22-2018, 12:03 PM
He is offended by every perceived slight, he operates from a position where every single person(except those in protected classes) is making decisions solely out of an attempt to grab or maintain power.

An example would be if you are walking into a retail location at the same time as someone else, one of you goes in first because you let them or they sped up. A post modernist would think if they beat that person in the store they would be oppressing the other, so they let the person go first. The non-lunatic doesn’t think twice about this interaction. The post modernist is likely to spiral into a rage about being oppressed over something incredibly inane(polar bear camp).

This produces a human being who is so damaged from years of perceived but not real oppression. They lose all ability to interact with society on any functional level.

https://i.imgur.com/fsTgfJr.jpg

ZiggyTheMuss
05-22-2018, 12:23 PM
no one is talking about the most bizarre thing of all: lickity's request for OP to lose the exp he unfairly gained to show that his apology is sincere! like... wtf? whose brain works like that?

Dumluk
05-22-2018, 01:39 PM
Where is this camp?

I'm gonna bring BBQ wings and beer the next time Lickity is online and in zone.

Behlen
05-22-2018, 01:54 PM
Oh my god I am tangentially famous!

Sadiki
05-22-2018, 02:09 PM
The Worst Person
Had to click on this thread to make sure it wasn't me.

ZiggyTheMuss
05-22-2018, 02:12 PM
Trying to decide who the bigger psychopath is. Likkity or Teppler. I'm leaning towards Likkity at the moment however I must admit that I have a small amount of respect for Likkity. He (at least) seems to know how to play his class. Teppler has level, spells, and gear yet dies to a roamer.

As far as who is more mentally ill? definitely lickity. teppler is just a greedy piece of shit with some possible social retardation.

kjs86z
05-22-2018, 02:31 PM
no one is talking about the most bizarre thing of all: lickity's request for OP to lose the exp he unfairly gained to show that his apology is sincere! like... wtf? whose brain works like that?

MagpieRockyl
05-22-2018, 04:13 PM
teppler isn't a psychopath

i've actually had a nice conversation with him in different threads

he's just a cunt

bigT88
05-22-2018, 04:15 PM
Had to click on this thread to make sure it wasn't me.

Different thread

Troxx
05-22-2018, 04:41 PM
As far as who is more mentally ill? definitely lickity. teppler is just a greedy piece of shit with some possible social retardation.

I suspect Teppler is on the autistic spectrum.

I say this not with the intent to insult ... it’s just an honest objective observation.

Supreme
05-23-2018, 12:20 AM
Is this ...Unicity?

Dumluk
05-23-2018, 05:51 AM
Oh my god I am tangentially famous!

You are!

Whirled
05-23-2018, 10:05 AM
toastygril as in good bbq or as in nasty muckmouth?

Bordsythenewb
05-23-2018, 03:21 PM
dude..... holy hell. why did you talk to him for that long? After the second word../ignore.
done.

Dumluk
05-23-2018, 05:13 PM
dude..... holy hell. why did you talk to him for that long? After the second word../ignore.
done.

Can't do that. Then you would be denying others this entertainment.

raski
05-23-2018, 05:17 PM
excelent berg job by lickity 5stars

Zippit
05-23-2018, 05:39 PM
this is the direct result of people who spend there lives locked in a dark room, staring at pixels all day. Nothing new~

garysmoot
05-24-2018, 10:57 AM
I just couldn't pull myself away!

Mr.Specter
05-25-2018, 01:16 AM
Solution: Play on RED so you can do something about it. If not, then stfu and stop whining like a little bitch.

Vheran
05-25-2018, 06:42 AM
Solution: Play on RED so you can do something about it. If not, then stfu and stop whining like a little bitch.

I wonder how many people you'll recruit to come to your empty box by spamming "little bitch" all over the forums

Jimjam
05-25-2018, 10:19 AM

So you're saying red players are whiny little bitches.

garysmoot
05-25-2018, 10:23 AM

The entire purpose of this forum is to whine like a little bitch.

Vormotus
05-26-2018, 10:39 PM
The entire purpose of this forum is to whine like a little bitch.

I find it an interesting place though, and I must beg to differ on that assessment random colleague.

For me it is an interesting place to explore ideas that can be safely taken out of their extremes due to the nature of the subforum itself.

I find people more honest despite the crass aspect, and see behind the veneer of hostility and passive aggressive to and fro a wonderful field of ideas and self introspective ground for new paths to explore and analyze.

Where you see whines I see sometimes, not always of course, we all are only human after all, some cries of anguish that cater to deeper needs, deeper wants, deeper unresolved introspections.

I worked for years in a Psychiatric Ward, and due to its nature , there was a moment when I simply began to listen...

It is amazing the things you can listen to when you really sit to ... listen.

Apply this to the written form and you get even deeper glimpses into the mind of people, fascinating subjects considered taboo elsewhere can be vented out without compunction in written form!

As you age, or at least in my experience, there comes a moment of your life where you need to actually understand your own path by trying , in a consensus of sorts, measure it out by the people you left behind and the people that in a way, resonate with you in as many levels as possible.

Your friends, your colleagues, your messes all strewn behind you as you keep walking ahead.

The forum itself, not this subforum is amazing! So rich, so varied, so silly and sometimes so complex.

I find a solace of sorts, when decrepitude itself rears its ugly head and haunts you, sometimes all you have is a small window into places you can not physically go anymore ... and this helps you define your life, as it keeps going, even when your body is no longer able.

So for me, the more people complain, whine, post silly stories of sexuality, weird screenshots or rants over the ownership of virtualized goods and concepts, all I can do is sit, relax a bit and smile :)

I love it! I really do!

A window in my tiny jail, even if it sometimes only shows other jails and bare rooms, sometimes it also shows brightly lit ones, filled with hope, sorrow and humanity.

Much love to you, just a bit verbose today, been a while since I felt writing more concise replies.

Many hugs from the Isthmus! ;)

MagpieRockyl
05-26-2018, 10:53 PM
Big post above

Vormotus
05-26-2018, 11:12 PM
To OP

https://i.imgur.com/bOPU1el.gif

Wonkie
05-26-2018, 11:20 PM
I find it an interesting place though, and I must beg to differ on that assessment random colleague.

For me it is an interesting place to explore ideas that can be safely taken out of their extremes due to the nature of the subforum itself.

I find people more honest despite the crass aspect, and see behind the veneer of hostility and passive aggressive to and fro a wonderful field of ideas and self introspective ground for new paths to explore and analyze.

Where you see whines I see sometimes, not always of course, we all are only human after all, some cries of anguish that cater to deeper needs, deeper wants, deeper unresolved introspections.

I worked for years in a Psychiatric Ward, and due to its nature , there was a moment when I simply began to listen...

Apply this to the written form and you get even deeper glimpses into the mind of people, fascinating subjects considered taboo elsewhere can be vented out without compunction in written form!

As you age, or at least in my experience, there comes a moment of your life where you need to actually understand your own path by trying , in a consensus of sorts, measure it out by the people you left behind and the people that in a way, resonate with you in as many levels as possible.

Your friends, your colleagues, your messes all strewn behind you as you keep walking ahead.

The forum itself, not this subforum is amazing! So rich, so varied, so silly and sometimes so complex.

I find a solace of sorts, when decrepitude itself rears its ugly head and haunts you, sometimes all you have is a small window into places you can not physically go anymore ... and this helps you define your life, as it keeps going, even when your body is no longer able.

So for me, the more people complain, whine, post silly stories of sexuality, weird screenshots or rants over the ownership of virtualized goods and concepts, all I can do is sit, relax a bit and smile :)

I love it! I really do!

A window in my tiny jail, even if it sometimes only shows other jails and bare rooms, sometimes it also shows brightly lit ones, filled with hope, sorrow and humanity.

Much love to you, just a bit verbose today, been a while since I felt writing more concise replies.

as the prophet kaino foretold

hijra
05-26-2018, 11:32 PM

I love it! I really do!

wow

Jimjam
05-27-2018, 02:28 AM
Flawed post assumes p99ers walk ahead in their lives, not in circles. I find it an interesting place though, and I must beg to differ on that assessment random colleague.

I love it! I really do!

dennardscott86
05-27-2018, 03:53 AM
This Lickity cunt has too many people trying to take the wheel in his head. SIR JUST REMAIN CALM AND PUT THE KEYBOARD DOWN AND BACK AWAY FROM IT SLOWLY.

garysmoot
05-28-2018, 11:36 AM
To OP

Thanks for clearing that up.