PDA

View Full Version : Lord BoB and Tempest merger?

Hyjalx
05-16-2018, 07:34 PM
So here's a little story about Flickk and Bellringer. Both of them joined Lord BoB's discord last week, with the intentions of a merger between Lord BoB and Tempest. Of course, as old AW... I have much love for the guild, and I was open to the idea of working with them again in some compacity.... I still am.

Our discussion though... LOL... I wish I recorded it tbh. I'll get to that in a minute.

In the 2 years I was in Awakened.... I regularly helped organize ToV repop day. Making sure we had people on all the track toons, etc. I saw many players come and go. From Yumyum's first day tracking to Kelzaraz' first day. Many times this started at 2am... or 3am, etc. We had a great late night team. I was furthest from the best player out of the bunch, but organizing is what I do.

We had amazing players like Mizo, Fingerz, Mani, Kelzaraz, Kelzaraz, Yumyum (his playtime tracking was almost Kelzaraz like) Henrique, and a few others that made absolute certain that we would not lose targets due to time of day. I'm sure I am missing a few others (im sorry, you know who you are tho), but you guys were awesome.

Want to know the one thing I never saw? Bellringer or Flickk help with a pull or track or lead anything whatsoever. Infact, before I left AW... neither of them had ANY tracking DKP whatsoever or performed a pull.

Infact, the ONLY tracking or pulling either of them had was from Flickk. During the last 2-3 weeks of the FTE race days, she soaked DKP sitting on the stairs to ensure Knowmercy couldn't pass her on obtaining Vulak Robe. I wouldn't be shocked if that was the last time either of them tracked or pulled before AW disbanded either.

So back to the story..... So Bellringer and Flickk both come into Discord to discuss a merger between BoB and Tempest after the server-wide PUG took their Cekenar, Sevelak, and wiped on their rotated Lady Nev (We would have been 3/3 against Tempest at that point if it wasn't for a bard dispelling slow at 85%), and attempted our first Zlexak against them. We won the Zlex COTH race, but died during our first ever battle with him (all in the same 24 hours).

Within the first minute you can tell they just had no idea what they were doing. First, neither of them were on the same page. Bellringer, right off the rip starts going into the every detail of my infamous Vulak, while Flickk is trying to figure out why we are talking about history rather than the merger (bless her heart).

So quickly after Bellringer's rant, he turns to Lord BoB officers and says " Tempest will merge into BoB, but only if Hyjal is removed". This was basically after nothing was discussed, lol.

I think the next words that were said came from Nayrue.

"Thanks for coming guys, and we hope to see you in ToV again"

Maybe Bellringer and Flickk should use all that DKP they earned tracking, pulling and developing their pull team on something more productive rather than burning bridges with the last people that actually care about them.

And this is your new leadership, Awakened? .... Yikes.

branamil
05-16-2018, 07:48 PM
wow

Endonde
05-16-2018, 07:57 PM
Your past and their merger stipulations seem to line up pretty well. Need me to spell that one out for you?

Marsupial
05-16-2018, 08:14 PM
a merger between tempest and your coalition of guilds would actually make the server fun for a bit again. but of course you're too full of yourself and take your dumbass Lord Bob eq accomplishments too seriously to actually work out an agreement without a flickk electronic pityfuck

Wonkie
05-16-2018, 08:22 PM
welcome to libtard america

Ravager
05-16-2018, 08:39 PM
I hope a merger happens. This server needs more FTE without logic or fairness.

Daloon
05-16-2018, 09:02 PM
Random spacing after each paragraph ruins this thread

Littul Jonn
05-16-2018, 09:21 PM
Each one of those spaces represents a Hyjal daydream in which he's relevant in the p99 raid scene.

Rofl spit out my beer hahahaha

Hyjalx
05-16-2018, 09:24 PM
rofl, that was pretty good actually, lol. I was trying to draw attention to the content in the middle, not my daydreams. haha

Patriam1066
05-16-2018, 09:35 PM
This server has gone to shit.

kotton05
05-16-2018, 09:45 PM
I hope a merger happens. This server needs more FTE without logic or fairness.

By any means

icedwards
05-16-2018, 10:48 PM
I would counter-offer that Lord Bob will only consider a merger with Tempest if Bellringer is loaded in a cannon and fired into the sun.

Bellringio delenda est

Wonkie
05-16-2018, 11:16 PM
if its allowed, i will forumquest for tempest for a fungi

pay.the.cuck.tax.

kb2005
05-17-2018, 12:53 AM
I think the next words that were said came from Nayrue.

"Thanks for coming guys, and we hope to see you in ToV again"

I like that. Class act.

Argh
05-17-2018, 02:06 AM
Last Lord Bob merger led to TMO dying within a month.

Kit
05-17-2018, 03:24 AM
Want to know the one thing I never saw? Bellringer or Flickk help with a pull or track or lead anything whatsoever. Infact, before I left AW... neither of them had ANY tracking DKP whatsoever or performed a pull.

I was in Awakened for 2.5 months and passed Bellringer's lifetime tracking DKP in that time.

shuklak
05-17-2018, 07:18 AM
The strength in one's EQ career lies solely in the weakness of their offline career.

-Brett Favre

Jonabis
05-17-2018, 10:01 AM
Can't really blame them for not wanting to be associated with you though Hyjal. Didn't you intentionally train competition in TOV before which got AW banned? You seem like the opposite of the type of persona Tempest is trying to have represent them. Maybe they would merge with your guild(s) if you weren't in the mix? Generate should just kick Hyjal and go back to the table probably. Dudes got passion, but it's the dangerous crazy girlfriend sort.

Oleris
05-17-2018, 10:24 AM
What a twist.

Elerial
05-18-2018, 02:46 AM
Nobody noticed Kelzaraz was mentioned in the same sentence twice? I guess there's two of them, identical twins with same names...

Pint
05-18-2018, 08:46 AM
I looked at his signature after he got his final BiS item with the total tracking hours he wracked up. Over a year it averaged out to I think 6 hours per day every day for 365 days. That's more than a full time job and it was all spent staring at walls not even playing the game.

Top tier P99ing is only for a very select group of neckbeards.

That is terrifying

Rygar
05-18-2018, 08:51 AM
I looked at his signature after he got his final BiS item with the total tracking hours he wracked up. Over a year it averaged out to I think 6 hours per day every day for 365 days. That's more than a full time job and it was all spent staring at walls not even playing the game.

Would be interesting if you had like 6 friends that loved EQ but had staggered work hours, and rather than focusing on individual characters each, you pooled resources and shared an account for a single character to achieve the utmost in greatness.

You could essentially play the character around the clock and get full DKP + Exp Time + Farm camps.

I choose to believe this, impossible for a single person to be so immersed. The layers of dead, unwashed skin would make him more beast than man.

raato
05-18-2018, 09:18 AM
Pretty sure he did most of the off-hours tracking with repeat macros and gina audio triggers, but can't deny the fact that he still played insane amounts.

kjs86z
05-18-2018, 09:35 AM

mother of god

Raavak
05-18-2018, 09:38 AM
Pretty sure he did most of the off-hours tracking with repeat macros and gina audio triggers, but can't deny the fact that he still played insane amounts.Good players use all the legal tools at their disposal. But he still had to be there, even if his eyes were on Netflix a majority of the time.

raato
05-18-2018, 10:11 AM
Good players use all the legal tools at their disposal. But he still had to be there, even if his eyes were on Netflix a majority of the time.

Dunno how legal it is to macro repeated button presses on infinite loop with keyboard software. Afaik it isn't. You can even be sleeping while tracking with loud enough audio triggers.

evilkorn
05-18-2018, 10:13 AM
Would be interesting if you had like 6 friends that loved EQ but had staggered work hours, and rather than focusing on individual characters each, you pooled resources and shared an account for a single character to achieve the utmost in greatness.

You could essentially play the character around the clock and get full DKP + Exp Time + Farm camps.

I choose to believe this, impossible for a single person to be so immersed. The layers of dead, unwashed skin would make him more beast than man.

My RL friend did this on live. We were in HS and his older brother was not and worked at night so the character was on basically all the time.

He ended up selling that BiS rogue for 3k on ebay in 2004/5 after we graduated.

kjs86z
05-18-2018, 10:18 AM
Once you get afflicted with the Pixel Pox you convince yourself it's worth sitting around for 16 hours waiting for King Tormax to spawn for a chance at those sweet sweet pixels. But there are better ways. I hope P99 realizes this and goes full rotation in 2018. This could be the year you destroy the batphone everyone.

One can dream right?

Dreenk317
05-18-2018, 11:26 AM
He literally slept on his couch infront of his computer for a year straight so he could maintain 100% RA

Why not just get a lap top and play in bed.... Or move your computer into your room... and sleep in bed....

Littul Jonn
05-18-2018, 11:34 AM
The guy had the most valuable attributes in EQ. Lots of free time and willingness to research on your own.

His BiS gear a testament to the former and the way he set up his UI and GINA are a testament to the later. I wouldn't say he was just some wall starer, he was good at EQ but P99 can turn some of those good at EQ players into pixel zombies.

Once you get afflicted with the Pixel Pox you convince yourself it's worth sitting around for 16 hours waiting for King Tormax to spawn for a chance at those sweet sweet pixels. But there are better ways. I hope P99 realizes this and goes full rotation in 2018. This could be the year you destroy the batphone everyone.

I dont think this server will ever go full rotation. Even being on the outside looking in, a contested kill is much more thrilling than logging in to collect loot. These encounters aren't that hard or only require a few people to really do the hard work, the rest is numbers. So competing against other guilds or pulling out a surprise win against AM is fun imo.

Joyelle
05-18-2018, 01:06 PM
It’s just too bad that the Taken leadership decided it was worth it.

I remember bringing up the idea of limiting consecutive tracking hours because wallstaring for that long is extremely unhealthy, both physically and mentally. He lost his fucking mind and berated me for even suggesting it. I always love a good "I told you so" moment though.

loramin
05-18-2018, 01:14 PM
Dunno how legal it is to macro repeated button presses on infinite loop with keyboard software. Afaik it isn't. You can even be sleeping while tracking with loud enough audio triggers.

It is definitely not legal (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132299), and doing it can get you perma-banned:

3. You may not use third-party programs on Project 1999.

The use of any third-party programs on Project 1999, including but not limited to, Macroquest/Macroquest2(MQ/MQ2), ShowEQ(SEQ), or any other program that interacts with the Everquest Titanium Client, is strictly prohibited. Use of any third-party programs will be detected and will result in the permanent banning of your account(s). No exceptions will be made, and once a ban has been enacted for violation of this rule it will not be reversed.

This is not limited to programmable keyboards or other input devices that creates multiple inputs for a single keystroke or automated task.

Pint
05-18-2018, 01:22 PM
hopefully all of his dreams came true

branamil
05-18-2018, 01:23 PM
Imagine being 80 years old and reflecting back on your youth. “I’m so glad I gave up a year in my thirties so that I could get all best in slot on private emulation of a 1990s fantasy MMORPG”

Rang
05-18-2018, 01:31 PM
Imagine being 80 years old and reflecting back on your youth. “I’m so glad I gave up a year in my thirties so that I could get all best in slot on private emulation of a 1990s fantasy MMORPG”

https://i.imgur.com/q4eCNdH.gif

Ella`Ella
05-18-2018, 01:33 PM
Wow... Detoxx actually won P99.

Gozuk
05-18-2018, 01:48 PM
SKILL

fan D
05-18-2018, 02:14 PM
I dont think this server will ever go full rotation. Even being on the outside looking in, a contested kill is much more thrilling than logging in to collect loot. These encounters aren't that hard or only require a few people to really do the hard work, the rest is numbers. So competing against other guilds or pulling out a surprise win against AM is fun imo.

no, its not

if you think staring at a wall for 16hours for a chance to auto attack a dragon is fun, you got something wrong with you

fan D
05-18-2018, 02:16 PM
however I will say guild leaders/officers spending 0 time tracking/pulling and getting all the loots has always happened on p99

so has female players who have zero chance at fte sitting on all day to collect dkp to get the best items

fan D
05-18-2018, 02:27 PM
i once coth > duck'd for 3h 45minutes for a talendor and when it popped the guy I coth'd aggrod talendor and didnt DA. he fied, it was all for nothing

now i play red and raid tov with 30-35 people and its alot mor fun

Argh
05-18-2018, 06:05 PM
I imagine Lord Bob was pestering Tempest's leadership about allying for certain mobs, they finally discuss it in discord and Lord Bob brings up a potential merger, at which point Bellringer laughs at the notion of Hyjal being a part of any merger.

radda
05-18-2018, 10:43 PM
I love my time here.
Ain’t no shame in my game

FoxwoodEQ
05-19-2018, 05:13 PM
You guys are all here passing judgement on the lifestyle of Kelzaraz, like you are all so damn perfect. Let people do their thing.

He was a superstar and p99 was better with him around.

Pezy
05-19-2018, 08:21 PM
The fact that he kept limping back to Awakened like a whipped dog will forever tarnish his reputation.

Mead
05-19-2018, 08:34 PM
You guys are all here passing judgement on the lifestyle of Kelzaraz, like you are all so damn perfect. Let people do their thing.

how does one become elf sim superstar status?

fan D
05-19-2018, 10:17 PM
is breaken gone atleast?

that was maybe the fattest sounding man i've ever heard in voice chat

Supreme
05-20-2018, 12:27 AM
Sometimes i think you guys take this all way too serious.

Arkanjil
05-20-2018, 06:09 AM
Sometimes i think you guys take this all way too serious.

Swish2
05-20-2018, 06:41 AM
no, its not

if you think staring at a wall for 16hours for a chance to auto attack a dragon is fun, you got something wrong with you

syrox
05-20-2018, 09:57 AM

Can confirm. I will oppose any / all agreement / rotation unless prohibited by Sirken, for the above reason. Competing for mobs in P99 is one of the most interesting experiences in MMOs.

Just facts
05-20-2018, 11:16 AM

If with Superstar you mean someone that needed 10x wortpotion one DA idol and just about every other clickie you can imagine to pull a vindi, even then it would be a dirty pull most times.
And would throw a fit if anyone found a better way to pull something with out all that crap needed.
Yupp he was a two boxing star that couldn't understand what he did wrong.
Not so sure about the super part but a boxing star sure I give you that.
And he was a great people person made friends everywhere....., don't think he ever left a guild on good terms.

Zal22
05-20-2018, 12:10 PM
Its not that hArd to Do, really. For the most part most of my tracking was Done in 2-4 hour stretchEs, and rarely ever more than twice a week duRing windows. Not everybody trAcks for the infamous 16 hour window stretch. Most peopLe never even realLy track.

You will always be a smug piece of trash.

Posts like this prove it. Continue!

MagpieRockyl
05-20-2018, 01:19 PM
You will always be a smug piece of trash.

Posts like this prove it. Continue!

this guy skips leg day

Littul Jonn
05-21-2018, 09:37 AM
I can understand your viewpoint as I once shared it. You may find yourself down the road thinking differently after your guild or your competitions guild is suspended from raiding for what often amounts to little more than giving the casuals a break. You missed any real form of competition by 2 years in Velious. Today rotations exist to prevent competitors from needlessly removing themselves from other competitive mobs.

I think there's some truth to that. Competition doesnt have to be coth ducking for hours as someone else was saying. Going for CT yesterday was a fun engage, even if we wiped at 40ish %.

If there's no competition and we just go to rotations, loot on Vulak will turn into scout. 45 people logging in for 5 minutes then going back to their LoL or Fortnight game.

Hyjalx
05-21-2018, 10:35 PM
My biggest concern for many of Tempest is if they are even having fun anymore. How anyone could have Bellringer's back after he removed long standing membership is beyond me.

Its guild suicide.

I'd also fare to wager Bellringer has more tracking and FTE hours within the last 2 weeks, than he has his entire p99 career. He has never had anyone's back and never will. When the pressure becomes too great, he will fold like a lawn chair and the player base will be expected to do all the heavy lifting.

If I was in Tempest, I'd be spending my DKP and fast.

UNTZ

Endonde
05-21-2018, 11:36 PM
If I was in Tempest, I'd be spending my DKP and fast.

UNTZ

You should make your own guild and show them who's boss...

Lammy
05-22-2018, 12:45 PM
Bring back FTE races and watch a new and exciting era of P99 emerge!

Wonkie
05-22-2018, 12:56 PM
I think he should just bring together a loose-knit group of assorted retards and they can all experience a shared mass delusion together.

https://i.imgur.com/KGdFRXq.jpg

:)

rictus204
05-22-2018, 01:40 PM
at least we'll have juice.

Shinko
05-22-2018, 03:19 PM
however I will say guild leaders/officers spending 0 time tracking/pulling and getting all the loots has always happened on p99

so has female players who have zero chance at fte sitting on all day to collect dkp to get the best items

I got lots of fte and tracking hours when I was GL of FE and I got loot

So did the females of our guild

Argh
05-22-2018, 04:40 PM
If I was in Tempest

Didn't you make this thread because they won't let you in?

Kit
05-22-2018, 06:57 PM
Didn't you make this thread because they won't let you in?

0/10 Would not read this comment again.