PDA

View Full Version : "Competition", "Skill", Cognitive Dissonance, and You.

splose
05-13-2018, 11:46 AM
Never played on P99, but I do occasionally lurk the forums as I find RnF very entertaining. I just wanted to address a few things that I've noticed over the years and hopefully get some introspection going in the twisted maze that is the hardcore raider of the Velious expansion in 2018.

I see the words competition and skill thrown out a lot around these forums, especially when it comes to from what I understand to be the two top raid guilds, Aftermath and Awakened. I am here to make the argument that neither guilds, or anyone who raids in EverQuest for that matter is particularly skilled at all.

However before I do that, I'd like to first touch on the "competition" of the raid scene here. My understanding is that the first person on the aggro list of a raid mob triggers a zonewide "FTE" message. Obviously none of the content on this server is instanced. That, combined with these FTE messages leads me to believe that the competition most of you guys are talking about is who can login to a parked character and claim a raid mob first. When I was a teenager I enjoyed cockblocking other guilds and feeling good about myself knowing that they would never be as "good" as I was. But then I realized, if each party doesn't have equal opportunity to engage in the content, is there really any competition?

With that out of the way I'd like to get down to the meat of this argument and that would be the skill part. I think this really boils down to two things. How well you can play your character, and how well you can traverse each raid encounter and the specific mechanics of each boss. Playing your character in classic EQ basically boils down to pressing a couple buttons here and there. Do you press your backstab button as a rogue with such passion that it makes you better than someone else? Boss mechanics in EQ means running a ranger into a DT mob and having 10 or so clerics press one button every so often.

While all of you like to talk about how carebear WoW is, and I tend to agree that most things in the game are compared to classic EQ, the raiding scene in that game is definitely not. A fight like 100+ man AoW, vs a fight like Heroic 25m Lich King really outlines these differences. The Lich King, and pretty much any Mythic encounter of recent expansions, had/have multiple abilities that gave one person the ability to wipe your raid instantly. I cant think of anything like that in EQ short of somebody training something into the raid. Now I know that the average RnF'er on this forums has the attention span of a goldfish so I'm going to ask a few questions directed towards the members of these two guilds specifically and anyone else who is in the cutting edge competitive hardcore super serious raid scene that is Velious in 2018.

Do you, in good conscience, feel like you are skilled when you are killing ~20 year old raid mobs with an insane amount of players?
Do you feel like there is real competition on P99?
Given that WoW is generally considered easier than Classic EQ, do you think that AM/AW could compete in a raid scene that everybody has an equal shot, and statistics on individual performance can be looked up for literally anything?

It has taken me about 7 years to ask these hard hitting questions so I expect some Shakespeare quality answers. Looking forward to it.

Argh
05-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Never played here, but you've been lurking forums since 2011?

Thoughts and prayers.

splose
05-13-2018, 12:02 PM

Thoughts and prayers.

Yup I've been around the EQEmu community since before this project was released. I have ran a few servers in the past and have helped others with their projects as well. Not a fan of classic EQ for a few of the reasons I outlined above and more.

I still appreciate your thoughts and prayers though.

Teako
05-13-2018, 12:27 PM
I wish I could down vote your posts because they're bad and you should feel bad.

Swish2
05-13-2018, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the upper echelons of the forums

Bboboo
05-13-2018, 12:38 PM
Could someone read that for me, thanks.

splose
05-13-2018, 12:54 PM
Could someone read that for me, thanks.

This dude has almost every class to max level on a 20 year old emulated elfsim but is trying to say reading my thread isn't worth his time. You read it and you're not fooling anyone my man.

loramin
05-13-2018, 01:12 PM
Never played on P99, but I do occasionally lurk the forums as I find RnF very entertaining.

Got this far and stopped reading. If I went on a my little pony website and said "I've never played with a my little pony in my life, but you're all wrong with your theories about why certain ponies have dessert-related names, allow me to share the correct theory with you ..."

... well, I'd kill myself in shame. But if I (as a white person) went to a Black Lives Matter meeting and started telling everyone there "you don't understand racism, so allow me to explain it to you ..."

... well, I might actually get killed by an angry mob.

I guess my point is, if I acted like you and somehow didn't wind up dead, I'd still be incredibly embarrassed to be lecturing a community of people that I'm not a part of about something I have no experience with.

Wonkie
05-13-2018, 01:19 PM
thank you weird lurker dude

splose
05-13-2018, 01:26 PM
Got this far and stopped reading. If I went on a my little pony website and said "I've never played with a my little pony in my life, but you're all wrong with your theories about why certain ponies have dessert-related names, allow me to share the correct theory with you ..."

... well, I'd kill myself in shame. But if I (as a white person) went to a Black Lives Matter meeting and started telling everyone there "you don't understand racism, so allow me to explain it to you ..."

I guess my point is, if I acted like you and somehow didn't wind up dead, I'd still be incredibly embarrassed to be lecturing a community of people that I'm not a part of about something I have no experience with.

Terrible comparisons. Just because I don't play on this specific box doesn't mean I've never played classic through velious before.

Still awaiting answers for my questions.. overall unimpressed with the replies so far. If you guys are gonna attempt to derail and/or be condescending I think you guys can do better.

branamil
05-13-2018, 01:28 PM
It’s very weird to not participate in a community for years until one day you snap and post a manifesto. Do you live in a cabin in Montana too?

aaezil
05-13-2018, 01:28 PM
cringe level 5000 ??

splose
05-13-2018, 01:39 PM
It’s very weird to not participate in a community for years until one day you snap and post a manifesto. Do you live in a cabin in Montana too?

Do you know what a manifesto is?

I tend to lump the EQEmu community and the p99 one together and I'd venture to say I have participated in the combined communities more and longer than you have just in a different way.

Getting more unimpressed as the replies roll in. I'm genuinely sorry if you guys feel I'm attacking your safe space but I'm really trying to delve into the mind of a hardcore p99 raider. I'm assuming that most of you don't even raid here anyway.

Ella`Ella
05-13-2018, 01:43 PM

Thoughts and prayers.

This is arguable a more severe illness than P99 PixelSickness

splose
05-13-2018, 01:44 PM
This is arguable a more severe illness than P99 PixelSickness

You might be right but I get a fuzzy feeling from skimming all the drama that goes on here every once in awhile.

radda
05-13-2018, 01:49 PM
Lol, get the f out of here.
Not falling for this one

splose
05-13-2018, 01:59 PM
1) didn't read

2) OP is a pixel peasant. due to his low place in the dominance hierarchy of elf sim addicts, his serotonin levels are low and he is in a state of emotional disregulation. he cannot control his nervous system. Sad! Bitch!

get fucked dude :)

*clicks cobalt legs and disappears*

Projecting?

Nagoya
05-13-2018, 02:07 PM
Getting more unimpressed as the replies roll in. I'm genuinely sorry if you guys feel I'm attacking your safe space but I'm really trying to delve into the mind of a hardcore p99 raider. I'm assuming that most of you don't even raid here anyway.

Dude raiding on p99 is a full time occupation, it's like being the owner of your own small business + being a full-time mom, these guys don't have no time for your crap let alone write a post on a forum! Everything you'll get from this forum is answers from no-lifers trolls (myself included /o/); you already got some of the best of the best lamers to post on your thread, now it's only going downhill ^^

the real question is, why do you care if people think it's competition or not what they do? you don't like them bragging about their achievements on p99? what does it do to you personnally, a self-admitted lurker from afar?

If you want "us" to acknowledge that raiding/playing on p99 is a mental disorder i think we're all very aware of this thank you very much. I think we actually embrace it flamboyantly.

Wonkie
05-13-2018, 02:27 PM

this is good bait tho

Heebs13
05-13-2018, 02:30 PM
Dude you can't just go around telling people on p99 that p99 doesn't matter and winning pixels doesn't make them actual winners. The idea that the p99 raid scene doesn't make someone an olympic videogame champion is a threat to some very fragile egos on these boards, and you will be met with nothing but an equal amount of hostility for even suggesting it.

splose
05-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Dude raiding on p99 is a full time occupation, it's like being the owner of your own small business + being a full-time mom, these guys don't have no time for your crap let alone write a post on a forum! Everything you'll get from this forum is answers from no-lifers trolls (myself included /o/); you already got some of the best of the best lamers to post on your thread, now it's only going downhill ^^

the real question is, why do you care if people think it's competition or not what they do? you don't like them bragging about their achievements on p99? what does it do to you personnally, a self-admitted lurker from afar?

If you want "us" to acknowledge that raiding/playing on p99 is a mental disorder i think we're all very aware of this thank you very much. I think we actually embrace it flamboyantly.

I don't like or dislike people bragging about their p99 achievement because as you allude to it really doesn't affect me at all. I am.merely trying to understand whether people actually believe that competition and skill.is what is displayed here or if it is a game played simply to troll each other on the forums.

This forum is like a gaming 4chan. Without their mental disorders it would be a lot less entertaining. I think the entertainment I get from here stems from more modern games being censored to hell. You really don't get the unfiltered mental infirmities and drama in other communities anymore.

I guess I'd compare this forum to watching Jerry Springer or seeing a car accident on the side of the road.

splose
05-13-2018, 02:33 PM
Dude you can't just go around telling people on p99 that p99 doesn't matter and winning pixels doesn't make them actual winners. The idea that the p99 raid scene doesn't make someone an olympic videogame champion is a threat to some very fragile egos on these boards, and you will be met with nothing but an equal amount of hostility for even suggesting it.

I am seeing that which is why I apologized for invading their safe space. When the next raid mob pops and they're mobilizing a 200 man force they'll forget all about this thread. It will all be okay.

khysanth
05-13-2018, 02:42 PM
op was right actually

loramin
05-13-2018, 02:49 PM
I am seeing that which is why I apologized for invading their safe space. When the next raid mob pops and they're mobilizing a 200 man force they'll forget all about this thread. It will all be okay.

I was dead serious when I said I didn't read the rest of your post, and I'm sure many others did the same. The attacks on you aren't a defense of the P99 raid scene in anyway, they're 100% attacks on you, and the fact that you have the cajones to tell a bunch of people you don't know that you know better than them even though you've never played here.

I suggest you pretend your name doesn't have an "L" in it, and then watch this music video to see how you come across: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYws8biwOYc.

Champion_Standing
05-13-2018, 02:54 PM
This is the kind of guy that tries to hang around on the airplane after landing so he can give the pilot tips.

splose
05-13-2018, 02:59 PM
I was dead serious when I said I didn't read the rest of your post, and I'm sure many others did the same. The attacks on you aren't a defense of the P99 raid scene in anyway, they're 100% attacks on you, and the fact that you have the cajones to tell a bunch of people you don't know that you know better than them even though you've never played here.

I suggest you pretend your name doesn't have an "L" in it, and then watch this music video to see how you come across: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYws8biwOYc.

Is there something different about the p99 raid mobs than the live game years ago that I'm missing here? Like I said I've played through all the content that is on this server at the time it was actually relevant.

To go back years later with all the knowledge gained and inflated raid forces and claim you are skilled and in it for the competition is crazy. You don't have to play here to realize that. Also having trouble seeing how this is an L. All these people.claiming to not care or haven't read my post still keep coming back and posting.

Yikes.

Holyhawk
05-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Judging by the salt in this thread, I'd say OP is really hitting on something. He forgot to mention how success in top-end raiding directly correlates to how much you (or your accounts' previous owners) abused the experience exploits that were available on this server for years and years. Skill really has nothing to do with it, unless having no life is a skill.

radda
05-13-2018, 06:14 PM
The girls achievers in game give the same satisfaction as if they We’re auueves in real life. It’s a drug for one, but it’s social and memics real life. As long as you use your skills from p99 in real life and are aiming to stay in the up-tic, I’d say no shame in my game. So once’s again, get the hell out of here noob

Jimjam
05-13-2018, 06:19 PM
Projecting?

Project 1999ing, unlike you (apparently)

Detoxx
05-13-2018, 06:20 PM
OP claims he doesn't play here and that this server requires no skill while spamming f5 and replying to any post in record times.

Seek help.

FungusTrooper
05-13-2018, 06:46 PM
This is the kind of guy that tries to hang around on the airplane after landing so he can give the pilot tips.

After [/i]landing[/i]? He waits in the airport, he doesn't actually get on a plane. Gross.

Ravager
05-13-2018, 08:03 PM
Many jimmies rustled by cold truth.

Bboboo
05-13-2018, 08:37 PM
Fun fact, May is mental health awareness month.

Vormotus
05-13-2018, 09:11 PM

Ahhhh this is a superb answer :)

regardless of the low hanging fruit bait op posted, on another line of thought , one of the things I really enjoy of classic everquest raiders, players and communities is this amazing frankness.

What others seem to misconstrue as allegorical concepts I find simply to be honest frankness.

Elfsim Pixel Simulator is a wonderful phrase, full of flavor and delights.

The new counter culture is indeed one of responsibility, and this starts with being honest :).

A hug to you and all of the other awesome p99ers from the far shores of the isthmus ;)

Darkatar
05-13-2018, 09:14 PM
If I went on a my little pony website and said "I've never played with a my little pony in my life, but you're all wrong with your theories about why certain ponies have dessert-related names, allow me to share the correct theory with you ..."

... well, I'd kill myself in shame.

https://i.imgur.com/BpkagsK.png

FoxwoodEQ
05-13-2018, 09:17 PM
Man this is RNF, home of debates of the highest quality. Find some place else to talk about WoW.

Speedi
05-13-2018, 09:40 PM
Never played on P99, but I do occasionally lurk the forums as I find RnF very entertaining. I just wanted to address a few things that I've noticed over the years and hopefully get some introspection going in the twisted maze that is the hardcore raider of the Velious expansion in 2018.

I see the words competition and skill thrown out a lot around these forums, especially when it comes to from what I understand to be the two top raid guilds, Aftermath and Awakened. I am here to make the argument that neither guilds, or anyone who raids in EverQuest for that matter is particularly skilled at all.

However before I do that, I'd like to first touch on the "competition" of the raid scene here. My understanding is that the first person on the aggro list of a raid mob triggers a zonewide "FTE" message. Obviously none of the content on this server is instanced. That, combined with these FTE messages leads me to believe that the competition most of you guys are talking about is who can login to a parked character and claim a raid mob first. When I was a teenager I enjoyed cockblocking other guilds and feeling good about myself knowing that they would never be as "good" as I was. But then I realized, if each party doesn't have equal opportunity to engage in the content, is there really any competition?

With that out of the way I'd like to get down to the meat of this argument and that would be the skill part. I think this really boils down to two things. How well you can play your character, and how well you can traverse each raid encounter and the specific mechanics of each boss. Playing your character in classic EQ basically boils down to pressing a couple buttons here and there. Do you press your backstab button as a rogue with such passion that it makes you better than someone else? Boss mechanics in EQ means running a ranger into a DT mob and having 10 or so clerics press one button every so often.

While all of you like to talk about how carebear WoW is, and I tend to agree that most things in the game are compared to classic EQ, the raiding scene in that game is definitely not. A fight like 100+ man AoW, vs a fight like Heroic 25m Lich King really outlines these differences. The Lich King, and pretty much any Mythic encounter of recent expansions, had/have multiple abilities that gave one person the ability to wipe your raid instantly. I cant think of anything like that in EQ short of somebody training something into the raid. Now I know that the average RnF'er on this forums has the attention span of a goldfish so I'm going to ask a few questions directed towards the members of these two guilds specifically and anyone else who is in the cutting edge competitive hardcore super serious raid scene that is Velious in 2018.

Do you, in good conscience, feel like you are skilled when you are killing ~20 year old raid mobs with an insane amount of players?
Do you feel like there is real competition on P99?
Given that WoW is generally considered easier than Classic EQ, do you think that AM/AW could compete in a raid scene that everybody has an equal shot, and statistics on individual performance can be looked up for literally anything?

It has taken me about 7 years to ask these hard hitting questions so I expect some Shakespeare quality answers. Looking forward to it.

1. No
2. Yes and no

Yes, when it comes to who can log on the required number of toons the fastest and work together to kill X target the quickest.

No, when it comes to true difficulty. The game has been out so long and all encounters have been done many times before by many different people.

3. Some players in both guilds you mentioned could make the adjustment, and some couldn’t.

WoW is considered easier than EQ for one the ease of leveling to max level and also because of its marketing, some call it pay to win. But I would be willing to bet most guilds on p99 could kill most raid targets, what makes raiding on p99 different is because the amount of time a guild has to invest to get a shot a target.

With that said I understand where you’re coming from. Heroic encounters (now mythic I think?) on WoW is much tougher than classic EQ. What makes classic EQ stand out (and IMO better) is real players in a true simulated world vs instanced content where you can just restart the instance and keep going again and again till you win.

Keep in mind this is coming from a former WoW raider/PvPer (during WotLK expansion as well) and former p99 raider.

solleks
05-13-2018, 10:49 PM
How can you be mad about something you don't care about so much. Very cool

Wonkie
05-13-2018, 11:22 PM
right or wrong op is still a big weirdo :)

Raev
05-13-2018, 11:29 PM
OP, I congratulate you on obtaining a truly epic level of autism. A child of three would realize this thread would backfire.

Mead
05-13-2018, 11:42 PM
stick to lurking, pal

you were better at it

Nexii
05-14-2018, 12:15 AM
People don't play primarily for the skill or challenge involved. Maybe those that don't get social interaction like OP. Most people play to have fun with their friends and have a sense of progression. Nothing more really.

Re: WOW vs EQ, WOW was the better game in terms of mechanics and depth. But at the same time, WOW stripped out too much of the aspects that led to social interaction, leaving it about as fun as EQ overall. I've raided both about equally over the years.

Swish2
05-14-2018, 12:17 AM
stick to lurking, pal

you were better at it

Ever take your own advice? lol

Mead
05-14-2018, 12:24 AM
Ever take your own advice? lol

I've conquered you pal, and it's satisfying

put in any petitions lately? :)

Swish2
05-14-2018, 12:29 AM
I'll take that as a no then, try practicing what you preach ;)

splose
05-14-2018, 02:17 AM
Project 1999ing, unlike you (apparently)

Definitely the best post in this thread so far.

1. No
2. Yes and no

Yes, when it comes to who can log on the required number of toons the fastest and work together to kill X target the quickest.

No, when it comes to true difficulty. The game has been out so long and all encounters have been done many times before by many different people.

3. Some players in both guilds you mentioned could make the adjustment, and some couldn’t.

WoW is considered easier than EQ for one the ease of leveling to max level and also because of its marketing, some call it pay to win. But I would be willing to bet most guilds on p99 could kill most raid targets, what makes raiding on p99 different is because the amount of time a guild has to invest to get a shot a target.

With that said I understand where you’re coming from. Heroic encounters (now mythic I think?) on WoW is much tougher than classic EQ. What makes classic EQ stand out (and IMO better) is real players in a true simulated world vs instanced content where you can just restart the instance and keep going again and again till you win.

Keep in mind this is coming from a former WoW raider/PvPer (during WotLK expansion as well) and former p99 raider.

I suppose I can concede to the bolded point. I just feel it is a bit watered down competition compared to a game where everybody has a fair shot, and it doesn't come down to who can batphone their people the most efficiently.

I also agree with you that you do get a much different feeling out of a true simulated world vs resetting an instance. For what it's worth I want to make it clear that I only used WoW as an example because that's what I have experience with raiding at the top tier past EverQuest. I'm sure my argument is applicable to most modernized MMOs vs EQ. I am sure that some players could make the switch but I doubt the majority could.

OP claims he doesn't play here and that this server requires no skill while spamming f5 and replying to any post in record times.

Seek help.

Is that him? The gatekeeper of antique pixels himself?

Anyone in this thread can say what they want, but the mental illness I've been trying to learn more about has manifested as a person and posted in my thread.

Definitely satisfied now.

branamil
05-14-2018, 02:27 AM
Everyone has a mental illness except me

indiscriminate_hater
05-14-2018, 03:53 AM
Thought I'd seen everything this 28-y.o. elf sim has to offer but then wham - this comes along. Estimated page number where OP claims he was trolling all along: 14

Rygar
05-14-2018, 07:32 AM
I played Classic EQ from day 1 release and then on and off until partway through Planes of Power. I also played WoW from Burning Crusade to Lich King (almost to cataclysm).

So at first, WoW was like the most amazing thing since sliced bread. Easy quests that give great exp, ability for any class to solo to max level by repeating these quests, no exp loss from death, lucrative tradeskills, skill trees to diversify your class, awesome raid encounters that force you to pay attention to succeed, etc etc etc.

However, what ultimately drew me away from WoW was the systematic watering down of content.
-Oh you needed a reagent to use this cooldown ability? Patch that out, need to make things easier.
-Oh, you don't want to grind heroics for epic gear? Let's just create a mini-instance in Lich King that gives like 9 epics out in a 5min instance that is basically tank and spank.
-Shaman magma totem drawing too much agro? Hmm... lets make it zero agro, stupid mobs taking 10k damage from the thing and they don't think to hit it anymore.
-People don't want to progress up and run to Ogrimmar anymore cause it takes too long? Let's add a blimp path.
-Mages frustrated that their mez (sheep) are getting broke by players not paying attention? Remove the 1 damage break mez restriction

It would just keep getting easier, and easier, and easier... It became apparent that they were catering to the 13 year old demographic who couldn't bare to be inconvenienced by the slightest else risk cancelling their subscription.

That is what drew me back to EQ and finding P99. Not any skill or competition, just a more punishing MMORPG world where there are consequences. Delayed gratification is what keeps a lot of people playing IMO

shuklak
05-14-2018, 08:33 AM
The problem with eq is you only need like 1 skilled player to carry 30. So if you zerg something with 100... at best you need 4 people who don't suck. The rest need only press their one or 2 buttons.

Wonkie
05-14-2018, 11:23 AM
This guy knows who Jordan Peterson is.

a lobster that's also a misogynist

Ruhtar
05-14-2018, 01:17 PM
1. No one here is skilled for killing a mob. The only skill here comes from the pulls, overall knowledge of the game and zones, and the amount of time willing to put toward the game.

2. Depends on your definition of competition. Guilds do compete for FTEs, but there is usually a top dog(s) at any given time and they're continually funneled new apps because of the loot pinatas they're able to hit.

3. The "good" players on P99 are usually split into two categories. You have those that would perform well in the WoW or FFXIV raid scenes (or previously did) and those who have enough experience killing and raid leading the deaths of dragons that they don't need to rely on their reflexes to save an encounter. The latter are able to make the right decisions because they've seen every possible scenario play out. Similar to those who have done 100+ attempts on a boss in WoW.

Someone earlier in the thread said that people play here for friends and fun or some other horseshit. That may be true for smaller guilds and non-raiding casuals, but people don't join AM for friends and fun, they join for loot. People don't stare at walls for 16 hours for friends and they aren't waking up to 3am batphones for fun.

I think most people play here for the nostalgia and how unattainable some items seem to be or the grueling lengths of time one must spend trying to achieve those items. There is also a higher demand of social interaction between players to get things done and since everything takes forever to get, you can create some pretty strong relationships between people due to shared hardship.

So overall, no the game does not skill. Though, if dungeons or bosses were instanced, getting loot would feel a lot less rewarding and would eventually kill off any form of an end game that P99 currently offers, especially being locked at Velious.

Runningfish
05-14-2018, 02:20 PM
I am sure that some players could make the switch but I doubt the majority could.

Lol you honestly think that the majority of high end raiders here couldn't make the switch to WoW if they spent just as much time playing it? Get off your high horse.

If your saying they couldn't just jump on WoW and beat mythic encounters then yea no way. However I doubt any WoW player could jump on EQ and do some of the pulls/other crap that some classes have to do without experience either.

You name the 2 classes with the most simple jobs in raiding as your examples. No one here thinks the mechanics of EQ mobs are as difficult as WoW raids. The difficulty in EQ comes from other factors.

But yes WoW raid mechanics are harder.

b4c0nhunt
05-14-2018, 02:33 PM
This thread is shit, you need some pointers on how to make a troll thread hit me up.

Sadiki
05-14-2018, 02:40 PM
I've honestly never played a MMO that requires less skill than EQ. Most classes are one-button-spammers, and most people can't even handle doing that while paying attention for 2 minutes to kill a copy-pasted, generic dragon fight. It blows my mind that people struggle with EQ mobs while there's people in GW2 doing 70 ability rotations while dodging absurd amounts of telegraphed abilities. This is a server of lazy rejects, and yeah I say that while being someone who chooses to play here.

The only challenge is in that everyone here fights with each other and tries their hardest to block each other out of gear and numbers to be able to do anything. It's already been proven almost any guild can kill anything up to Vulak, with the exception being Klandi/Zlandi/etc. None of this barely passes as competition at all, and the term is only used when it's convenient anyways. This be the land of trolls and delusions.

Also, lol @ WoW comparisons. Difficulty aside, WoW has, y'know, actual mechanics and you play the game when you launch it. EQ only has timed AEs and most people don't even "play" P99, it just hides behind their Netflix window.

DinoTriz
05-14-2018, 03:03 PM
I never have raided before.

All I do on P99 is re-live my old Everquest days that I experienced when I was a prepubescent boy.

I create a blond dwarf cleric, level it to 14 (melee only) and call the nearest Erudite the N word and then I delete my character and start over again.

splose
05-14-2018, 03:17 PM
I've honestly never played MMO that requires less skill than EQ. Most classes are one-button-spammers, and most people can't even handle doing that while paying attention for 2 minutes to kill a copy-pasted, generic dragon fight. It blows my mind that people struggle with EQ mobs while there's people in GW2 doing 70 ability rotations while dodging absurd amounts of telegraphed abilities. This is a server of lazy rejects, and yeah I say that while being someone who chooses to play here.

The only challenge is in that everyone here fights with each other and tries their hardest to block each other out of gear and numbers to be able to do anything. It's already been proven almost any guild can kill anything up to Vulak, with the exception being Klandi/Zlandi/etc. None of this barely passes as competition at all, and the term is only used when it's convenient anyways. This be the land of trolls and delusions.

Also, lol @ WoW comparisons. Difficulty aside, WoW has, y'know, actual mechanics and you play the game when you launch it. EQ only has timed AEs and most people don't even "play" P99, it just hides behind their Netflix window.

Exactly what I've been saying.

Whoever mentioned FFXIV and said if the players here spent the same amount of time playing that or WoW that they could compete in the Mythic or high end scene in FF not sure if I can agree with that. Like I said some would be able to but I doubt they could fill a full 20 man mythic raid.

The challenge being that everyone is cockblocking each other was already conceded but like I said. We're talking about the difference between actually progressing on X boss with mechanics (most unforgiving to the point where one person standing in fire for a second or two will wipe your raid) and who has the most efficient batphone.

The thickest neckbeards of the highest level of pixel degeneracy have posted here and didn't seem to want to answer my questions so that in itself is very telling.

I'm glad we got this out in the open and I'm sure some self awareness has been gained from this thread even if some are afraid to admit it.

Back to lurking I go.

Mead
05-14-2018, 03:47 PM

Whoever mentioned FFXIV and said if the players here spent the same amount of time playing that or WoW that they could compete in the Mythic or high end scene in FF not sure if I can agree with that. Like I said some would be able to but I doubt they could fill a full 20 man mythic raid.

The challenge being that everyone is cockblocking each other was already conceded but like I said. We're talking about the difference between actually progressing on X boss with mechanics (most unforgiving to the point where one person standing in fire for a second or two will wipe your raid) and who has the most efficient batphone.

The thickest neckbeards of the highest level of pixel degeneracy have posted here and didn't seem to want to answer my questions so that in itself is very telling.

I'm glad we got this out in the open and I'm sure some self awareness has been gained from this thread even if some are afraid to admit it.

Back to lurking I go.

This isn't the first time this debate has been brought up. And nowhere that I saw in this thread did anyone mention age. Some folks playing eq in their 50s and 60s. The only mythic they're getting is a mythic sized bottle of beta blockers. I'm sorry inform you but not 1 person here became enlightened because of your thread.

Enjoy your lurking

Detoxx
05-14-2018, 05:38 PM
So dodging flames and lich kings defile or mobs grabbing you and pulling you off the ledge if they come near you is somehow...hard?

Oh, lets not forget that there is a mod that tells you when all these things are going to happen. In wow you literally just need to be able to read and memorize encounters. Sounds tough.

Mythics are the same thing except the mobs have more hp. Sounds real tough.

Know what classic eq has that wow never had? Dynamic. There is simply no dynamic to any fight. Every fight in classic eq anything can happen on any fight and at any given time. Also, running thru 25 man LFRs without a single word being spoken to by anyone sounds like a real blast.

ZiggyTheMuss
05-14-2018, 06:20 PM
talks about video game "skillz" and somehow finds the time to lurk the forums of a game he doesn't even play, lol what a fucking nerd

Swish2
05-14-2018, 06:34 PM
talks about video game "skillz" and somehow finds the time to lurk the forums of a game he doesn't even play, lol what a fucking nerd

He's definitely the only one who does this :rolleyes:

BallzDeep
05-14-2018, 06:51 PM
Not that I don't agree that EQ is pretty trivial but, I have to point out the obvious that OP is NOT someone who just lurks.

He was obviously slighted out of pixels for a long time and is very upset about it. Funny someone who lurks cares to follow that many rules, knows who is the GL of what and what guild does what.

If you were "helping" with projects, which might I ask and can anyone confirm that story of yours?

If you care that much about a server you don't play, and don't really understand the frame of mind or ruleset people who are playing are in, and your sole grip is to come here and push that WoW is more of an opportunity than any a game you don't play than you are worse off than most here.

BallzDeep
05-14-2018, 06:56 PM

Back to lurking I go.

Also I'd say majority of players here have also played WoW at some period of time and majority of them were raiding. Most people come back here because of many factors. Some people enjoy corpse runs, no maps, and a hard level grind. The only good thing about WoW Classic since we are referencing a classic game here, is PVP and AQ.

Heebs13
05-14-2018, 06:57 PM
Certain key roles in P99 raids take skill, such as pulling or leading. If shit hits the fan, a skilled chanter, or offtank / healer combo can save the raid before things snowball out of control. For the most part though, most p99 raiding is decided by who had more people show up faster. That's not really skill, that's dedication.

It's dedication to wake up at 3am for a batphone. It's dedication to farm for hours to get clickies or plat to recharge clickies. It's dedication to poopsock a mob for a 16 hour window, or coth duck for 16 hours straight. It's dedication to be within arms reach of your computer for 16 hours so that you can log in at a moment's notice when the batphone hits. But it's not skill. Dedication and skill are two different things, and I'd argue p99 raiding is mostly dedication with bits of skill sprinkled throughout.

branamil
05-14-2018, 07:00 PM
really sad that op thought this would be a bombshell. Very passé. It feels like it’s about 2 years behind the conversation. I guess not participating until the day you snap makes you an out of touch weirdo

Tecmos Deception
05-14-2018, 07:05 PM
I am here to make the argument that neither guilds, or anyone who raids in EverQuest for that matter is particularly skilled at all.

skill
skil/
noun
noun: skill

the ability to do something well; expertise.

ex·per·tise
ˌekspərˈtēz,ˌekspərˈtēs/
noun
noun: expertise

expert skill or knowledge in a particular field.

knowl·edge
ˈnäləj/
noun
noun: knowledge; plural noun: knowledges

facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.

If you don't understand why your argument fails by reading a few simple definitions of common words, then you're one of those people I know better than to argue with on the internet.

Ravager
05-14-2018, 07:18 PM
Certain key roles in P99 raids take skill, such as pulling or leading. If shit hits the fan, a skilled chanter, or offtank / healer combo can save the raid before things snowball out of control. For the most part though, most p99 raiding is decided by who had more people show up faster. That's not really skill, that's sickness.

It's sickness to wake up at 3am for a batphone. It's sickness to farm for hours to get clickies or plat to recharge clickies. It's sickness to poopsock a mob for a 16 hour window, or coth duck for 16 hours straight. It's sickness to be within arms reach of your computer for 16 hours so that you can log in at a moment's notice when the batphone hits. But it's not skill. Sickness and skill are two different things, and I'd argue p99 raiding is mostly sickness with bits of skill sprinkled throughout.
Fixed for nuance.

Wonkie
05-14-2018, 07:42 PM
lol at bda agreeing with the brokebrained lurker

(am i doing papas gimmick right?)

Swish2
05-14-2018, 07:47 PM
lol at bda agreeing with the brokebrained lurker

(am i doing papas gimmick right?)

He could learn a thing or two from this post actually ^^

(got em)

Mead
05-14-2018, 08:11 PM
swish gearing up for another autistic meltown / 15th ban

Swish2
05-14-2018, 08:31 PM
swish gearing up for another autistic meltown / 15th ban

Actually you're the one that's rustled here :o

You and Papa real close eh? Cute <3

canaabyte
05-14-2018, 09:01 PM
holy shit mass triggering lmao

kb2005
05-15-2018, 02:28 AM
I played Classic EQ from day 1 release and then on and off until partway through Planes of Power. I also played WoW from Burning Crusade to Lich King (almost to cataclysm).

So at first, WoW was like the most amazing thing since sliced bread. Easy quests that give great exp, ability for any class to solo to max level by repeating these quests, no exp loss from death, lucrative tradeskills, skill trees to diversify your class, awesome raid encounters that force you to pay attention to succeed, etc etc etc.

However, what ultimately drew me away from WoW was the systematic watering down of content.
-Oh you needed a reagent to use this cooldown ability? Patch that out, need to make things easier.
-Oh, you don't want to grind heroics for epic gear? Let's just create a mini-instance in Lich King that gives like 9 epics out in a 5min instance that is basically tank and spank.
-Shaman magma totem drawing too much agro? Hmm... lets make it zero agro, stupid mobs taking 10k damage from the thing and they don't think to hit it anymore.
-People don't want to progress up and run to Ogrimmar anymore cause it takes too long? Let's add a blimp path.
-Mages frustrated that their mez (sheep) are getting broke by players not paying attention? Remove the 1 damage break mez restriction

It would just keep getting easier, and easier, and easier... It became apparent that they were catering to the 13 year old demographic who couldn't bare to be inconvenienced by the slightest else risk cancelling their subscription.

That is what drew me back to EQ and finding P99. Not any skill or competition, just a more punishing MMORPG world where there are consequences. Delayed gratification is what keeps a lot of people playing IMO

This.

Also why I lost interest in live EQ when they put in PoK/The Bazaar.

splose
05-15-2018, 03:12 AM
If I knew the replies were gonna get so much tastier I wouldn't have said I was leaving! So let's get back into it.

So dodging flames and lich kings defile or mobs grabbing you and pulling you off the ledge if they come near you is somehow...hard?

Oh, lets not forget that there is a mod that tells you when all these things are going to happen. In wow you literally just need to be able to read and memorize encounters. Sounds tough.

Mythics are the same thing except the mobs have more hp. Sounds real tough.

Know what classic eq has that wow never had? Dynamic. There is simply no dynamic to any fight. Every fight in classic eq anything can happen on any fight and at any given time. Also, running thru 25 man LFRs without a single word being spoken to by anyone sounds like a real blast.

First, the mechanics you outlined for the LK encounter shows that if you've ever done it you've only done it on normal mode. I am talking about Heroic (which is now equivalent to Mythic mode).

Second, yes the addon you're referring to bigwigs/DBM does exist. You are wrong about Mythic and old school Heroic just being scaled up higher in terms of HP. This tier adds in new boss mechanics in 99% of encounters. I feel it necessary to also note that most zones in that game have maybe 10 encounters on average. With the first couple being easier and ramping up as you progress further. You are also being a bit disingenuous about the HP upgrade as well seeing as it is tuned in such a way that all of your DPS need to be executing their rotations near perfectly to beat the DPS check of these fights. Your healers need to be on point. Tanks need to be using their active mitigation, etc.

Is raiding these modernized MMOs rocket science? Absolutely not, but compared to pressing your 1 or 2 buttons on EQ it is. I also feel it necessary to note that WoTLK is 10 years old by now. The average difficulty of raids has gone up with time. As far as your LFR comment nobody is talking about LFR. I have only ever talked about the highest tier which would be Heroic back in the day and now Mythic.

Here is my proposition for you. Bring 20 of your best members over to WoW for the new expansion releasing in August. Since your top RMT crew just got BTFO I'm sure you will need a new source of income. IF you and your best 20 can achieve top 100 US on over 75% of the encounters in the first raid zone for the new expac I will paypal you $100 for each encounter that is in the top 100.

The chances of you doing this are obviously zero because like I've tried to stress from the first post in this thread. You and your guild and others like you don't want competition. I think there is a much needed detox from Velious in your guild.

Not that I don't agree that EQ is pretty trivial but, I have to point out the obvious that OP is NOT someone who just lurks.

He was obviously slighted out of pixels for a long time and is very upset about it. Funny someone who lurks cares to follow that many rules, knows who is the GL of what and what guild does what.

If you were "helping" with projects, which might I ask and can anyone confirm that story of yours?

If you care that much about a server you don't play, and don't really understand the frame of mind or ruleset people who are playing are in, and your sole grip is to come here and push that WoW is more of an opportunity than any a game you don't play than you are worse off than most here.

I'm not sure what rules you're talking about but I can assure you I have never played P99. Reading RNF for 5 mins you will be able to tell who the top guilds are and I've read all the reetox threads. Quality shit.

As for your bolded question sure I'll bite. I have gone by the name Kenej/Splose over the years. The projects I have been the owner/operator of are as following:

EQDestiny (My entry into EQEmu development I took over this server after the owner didn't want to do it anymore)
Erollisi Marr
Kenej's Custom Progression
EQTownship

I have helped out Scars of Amerous and briefly was in the process of revamping Akka's Funhouse but that was pretty much called off after Hunter passed away and Akka went to go run the EZ server. I have only ever really been interested in custom content.

A few quick searches of the EQEmu forums can confirm this.

Also I'd say majority of players here have also played WoW at some period of time and majority of them were raiding. Most people come back here because of many factors. Some people enjoy corpse runs, no maps, and a hard level grind. The only good thing about WoW Classic since we are referencing a classic game here, is PVP and AQ.

One important distinction is that I am not saying that simply playing P99 is an illness. Far from it. The points I've made and people I'm talking about have been very clear. The "hardcore" super skilled competition seekers of the Velious expansion in 2018.

Also, I don't think comparing WoW classic is fair either because classic's raids were pretty much the same as EQ. Barely any mechanics and mostly tank and spank with maybe 1 or 2 jobs. Scaled to 40 mans. When you have that many numbers the difficulty automatically goes down, which is why Heroic 10man raiding was the hardest in the game for the longest time. However the majority of serious guilds were raiding 25m so they decided to cut 10m and scale 25 back to 20.

splose
05-15-2018, 03:14 AM
skill
skil/
noun
noun: skill

the ability to do something well; expertise.

ex·per·tise
ˌekspərˈtēz,ˌekspərˈtēs/
noun
noun: expertise

expert skill or knowledge in a particular field.

knowl·edge
ˈnäləj/
noun
noun: knowledge; plural noun: knowledges

facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.

If you don't understand why your argument fails by reading a few simple definitions of common words, then you're one of those people I know better than to argue with on the internet.

I forgot to quote this in my post above, but it's probably best since you literally have made no argument. You just want to play semantics.

B4EQWASCOOL
05-15-2018, 03:55 AM
OP is obese.

Fat.

B4EQWASCOOL
05-15-2018, 03:56 AM
Swish, where did your account go that had 20k posts?

Jimjam
05-15-2018, 04:38 AM
In fairness in EQ you just need to be able to read the word 'assist' (easy mode) or the cheal chain broadcast preceding yours (hard mode) and then press the appropriate button.

matticas
05-15-2018, 04:58 AM

Nailed it

kjs86z
05-15-2018, 07:23 AM
Previous WoW world first racer here.

Does anyone actually think EQ is harder than WoW from a mechanics standpoint? No. Not even close. I would say P99 raiding is far more about preparation, game / zone knowledge, and truly dedicated (to the point of mental illness) leadership.

Its just a different flavor. I had never played EQ before I started P99 a bit over three years ago. I had been done with WoW for a while, had my "successes" in the high end raid scene, and found the community and experiences here to be refreshing. It reminded me of my old Asheron's Call days where you actually had to form relationships with people on the server instead of just entering a queue and not having to communicate with anyone.

WoW has become a homogenized abomination that caters to the snowflake generation. Sure, the upper echelon / bleeding edge mythic raiding is challenging...but the rest of the game is severely watered down nonsense. It has zero appeal to me as an older gamer.

I don't necessarily get off on my games being uber hard anymore. We're not 17 years old with amazing reflexes and nearly unlimited hours to practice / perfect our skills. I've boiled myself down to ARAMs (LoL) and casual P99 these days. I quite enjoy that in my limited time I have in front of the computer.

We're all shitters for playing video games in the first place.

Kich867
05-15-2018, 08:36 AM

This is hilariously ironic--how exactly could 13 year olds wave their wallet around? Did they all join up together during study hall and write their local Blizzard rep, "We want things easier!"? The demo with no responsibility, no disposable income, highest capacity for investing time due to point 1, highest capacity to learn new things? They're the ones that dumbed the game down?

It couldn't possibly be the wave of moms and dads who could only play 1-2 hours a day and were pissed a bunch of 16 year olds were dominating servers and were grinding mats all day during the summer while they were at their shitty 9-5?

This is like the biggest lie old people tell themselves in the gaming community, and I get it, blaming little kids who have no capacity to actually encourage this change themselves is really easy and maybe intuitive to you, but you should recognize that these changes purely benefit casual moms and dads who can't play that often. Every single change caters to them. It's harder for them to handle intricate rotations so lets dumb those down, they don't have a lot of friends so LFR is the only way to experience that content, they don't have time to gather mats so get rid of those, walking takes too long so eliminate travel time...the list goes on. Every single change was directed at working class adults.

Older people that actually enjoy this kind of game (EQ) are the gross, gross minority compared to the millions that enjoy being able to login to WoW in their very short time frame to play the game. Their target demo isn't teenagers who can't actually buy shit, it's adults who will keep paying for those 60$ max level characters just to avoid having to spend the time to level them.

Jimjam
05-15-2018, 09:53 AM
Everquest isn’t hard because of the PVE. Everquest is hard because of the other players, and that’s what wow doesn’t have.

I too have dabbled in autism and struggle with human interaction.

DinoTriz
05-15-2018, 09:54 AM
Why even argue about difficulty?

P99 > WoW, easily and that's an undisputed fact.

If you disagree, get Thrall. I'll kick his ass all over my front lawn.

Littul Jonn
05-15-2018, 10:00 AM
Everquest isn’t hard because of the PVE. Everquest is hard because of the other players, and that’s what wow doesn’t have.

Rygar
05-15-2018, 10:06 AM
This is hilariously ironic--how exactly could 13 year olds wave their wallet around? Did they all join up together during study hall and write their local Blizzard rep, "We want things easier!"? The demo with no responsibility, no disposable income, highest capacity for investing time due to point 1, highest capacity to learn new things? They're the ones that dumbed the game down?

It couldn't possibly be the wave of moms and dads who could only play 1-2 hours a day and were pissed a bunch of 16 year olds were dominating servers and were grinding mats all day during the summer while they were at their shitty 9-5?

This is like the biggest lie old people tell themselves in the gaming community, and I get it, blaming little kids who have no capacity to actually encourage this change themselves is really easy and maybe intuitive to you, but you should recognize that these changes purely benefit casual moms and dads who can't play that often. Every single change caters to them. It's harder for them to handle intricate rotations so lets dumb those down, they don't have a lot of friends so LFR is the only way to experience that content, they don't have time to gather mats so get rid of those, walking takes too long so eliminate travel time...the list goes on. Every single change was directed at working class adults.

Older people that actually enjoy this kind of game (EQ) are the gross, gross minority compared to the millions that enjoy being able to login to WoW in their very short time frame to play the game. Their target demo isn't teenagers who can't actually buy shit, it's adults who will keep paying for those 60$ max level characters just to avoid having to spend the time to level them.

Keep telling yourself that. Feel free to tear apart the '13 year old' number, it is merely an expression for the younger teen crowd. Fact of the matter is younger players change games a lot, they don't have the loyalty as an older gamer, so they want to keep them interested and make them an older, loyal gamer.

And if you played WoW and did a bunch of pick up groups / raids it is heavily, heavily apparent that most everyone in Vent is prepubescent. Of course I'm speaking from like 10 years ago, so maybe times have changed.

I found it ironic when Kung-Fu Pandas became a thing in WoW, really trying to target the 'nostalgia' of that younger demo.

splose
05-15-2018, 11:06 AM
Previous WoW world first racer here.

Does anyone actually think EQ is harder than WoW from a mechanics standpoint? No. Not even close. I would say P99 raiding is far more about preparation, game / zone knowledge, and truly dedicated (to the point of mental illness) leadership.

Its just a different flavor. I had never played EQ before I started P99 a bit over three years ago. I had been done with WoW for a while, had my "successes" in the high end raid scene, and found the community and experiences here to be refreshing. It reminded me of my old Asheron's Call days where you actually had to form relationships with people on the server instead of just entering a queue and not having to communicate with anyone.

WoW has become a homogenized abomination that caters to the snowflake generation. Sure, the upper echelon / bleeding edge mythic raiding is challenging...but the rest of the game is severely watered down nonsense. It has zero appeal to me as an older gamer.

I don't necessarily get off on my games being uber hard anymore. We're not 17 years old with amazing reflexes and nearly unlimited hours to practice / perfect our skills. I've boiled myself down to ARAMs (LoL) and casual P99 these days. I quite enjoy that in my limited time I have in front of the computer.

We're all shitters for playing video games in the first place.

I've had a hard time getting back into the game myself for the same reasons you outlined. I do go back every expansion just to see what is going on but that's about it.

I dont know, the average player is pretty bad in every video game.

Why even argue about difficulty?

P99 > WoW, easily and that's an undisputed fact.

If you disagree, get Thrall. I'll kick his ass all over my front lawn.

I would but the last time I played we didn't know where Thrall went.

wow my holy name is getting call outs in this thread, people truly have been triggered by op's truth

myself included, i was also triggered once, but have since found unhealthy peace w/ my relationship to elf simulators

I'm only trying to help people find the peace that you have found. They'll thank me one day.

splose
05-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Good players rarely make Everquest harder, it is the bad players who do.

I understood what you were saying. But you said that WoW doesn't have that. I was saying that it is exactly the same in any other game.

Wonkie
05-15-2018, 11:30 AM
wow my holy name is getting call outs in this thread, people truly have been triggered by op's truth

myself included, i was also triggered once, but have since found unhealthy peace w/ my relationship to elf simulators

nuh uh! i just think you can do better than the obnoxious goon thing all the time

:(

splose
05-15-2018, 12:03 PM
woah, last page pretty embarrassing and i didn't even read it (o^^o)

I feel as though I should give you a reaction because nobody else in this thread has tried as hard as you.

Here you go.

katrik
05-15-2018, 01:27 PM
Terrible comparisons. Just because I don't play on this specific box doesn't mean I've never played classic through velious before.

Still awaiting answers for my questions.. overall unimpressed with the replies so far. If you guys are gonna attempt to derail and/or be condescending I think you guys can do better.

This guy is good lol

Mead
05-15-2018, 04:19 PM
I have to point out this dude admitted he was a dev for 4-5 different eqemu projects and is trying to win some prize in rnf for showing eq nerds truth

Post rl pic and I will point out some truths

splose
05-15-2018, 04:40 PM
I have to point out this dude admitted he was a dev for 4-5 different eqemu projects and is trying to win some prize in rnf for showing eq nerds truth

Post rl pic and I will point out some truths

What's your point? My experience with EQEmu was relevant as to how I got to this forum since a lot of people seemed to think I just stumbled upon it somehow. Then I was specifically asked.

If you'd really like to point out some truths maybe start by telling us why you're so upset and we can go from there.

Mead
05-15-2018, 04:48 PM
What's your point? My experience with EQEmu was relevant as to how I got to this forum since a lot of people seemed to think I just stumbled upon it somehow. Then I was specifically asked.

If you'd really like to point out some truths maybe start by telling us why you're so upset and we can go from there.

I'm furious

Mead
05-15-2018, 04:55 PM
I'm not proud enough to admit I actually agree with you 100%. Most EQ players wouldn't survive in high end WoW, and especially not competitive WoW PVP. Anyone who thinks so is in denial or just ignorant due to not knowing what it takes to be competitive.

I have to laugh that you're looking to be some sort of savior on these boards for pointing this out. Shits been known for a long time. This is an old debate. I do have to laugh at you for thinking you were the first or believe you posses some sort of superior insight.

You're wasting your time bub because nobody here cares. They're still going to continue farming fear golems in 2018 and continue to believe they posses some great skills.

Canelek
05-15-2018, 05:54 PM
Some sort of Elfsim West Side Story?

Sure, why not...

radda
05-15-2018, 06:34 PM
Lawl

DinoTriz
05-16-2018, 09:37 AM
Most EQ players wouldn't survive in high end WoW, and especially not competitive WoW PVP. Anyone who thinks so is in denial or just ignorant due to not knowing what it takes to be competitive.

Maybe right off the bat, sure. But being successful in basic WoW raiding only requires watching a few YouTube videos on boss mechanics.

Nothing these poop-socking neckbeards can't handle.

I will say WoW often gets unfairly criticized for being too easy.

Yeah, getting to level cap, dungeons, and LFR are all face-rolling easy but Mythic+ and higher end raiding can be difficult. One person can essentially wipe the group if not careful.

Champion_Standing
05-16-2018, 08:18 PM
After [/i]landing[/i]? He waits in the airport, he doesn't actually get on a plane. Gross.

Disgusting

BallzDeep
05-20-2018, 11:17 AM

I think he is just trying to point out the elephant in the room that you came here to tell people they need help, which most do. But, in doing that, you've also revealed you came here to help these people, while stalking the forums since 2011. You are also involved in 5 or more shit projects that seem like they had very little social interaction. You've done this several times over with little success - the definition of insanity.

If you're upset people aren't joining your custom content and prefer Project1999, you might want to ask in a less condescending way.

nhdjoseywales
05-20-2018, 12:26 PM
Fucking epic OP :)
Nailed it completely. This is not a skill contest, its a who has no life and can log in at 4 am to kill random 20 year old target contest. Even later xpacs on real eq servers where one person can wipe the raid is trivial with gina and tools like that. The only hard part was figuring that shit out 17 years ago with no instances and actual competition for a chance at attempting killing shit that you didnt know how it worked yet. If you arent in the overwatch league or some other professional organization, you probably should not hang your hat on your video game laurels

Zeebraboy
05-20-2018, 02:01 PM
you probably should not hang your hat on your video game yannys

Fixed

loramin
05-20-2018, 02:23 PM
If you arent in the overwatch league or some other professional organization, you probably should not hang your hat on your video game laurels

https://i.imgur.com/1t0jJKZ.gif