PDA

View Full Version : Aftermath: tip your porter

weaseal
04-29-2018, 02:32 PM
I know you're in a hurry to make your earthquake / batphone raids, but not tipping is the fastest way to find a Dial a Port /ignore list.

weaseal
04-29-2018, 02:37 PM
are you Barein?

nope

Wonkie
04-29-2018, 02:49 PM
if you tip DaP druids you're complicit in tupakks evil

Argh
04-29-2018, 03:13 PM
Seems like it's actually the fastest way to get an anonymous rnf thread made about your guild. How do we know who to tar and feather if you don't name and shame them?

Jimjam
04-29-2018, 03:41 PM
AM: don't be bullied into being obliged to make payment where no formal contract beyond provision of relocation service has been drawn up.

If it's a group port one of your colleagues will cover for you.

Bedge89
04-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Well... I had an Ikky ...(poor bastard) Ask for a port in FoB to NK . I was quaddin in CS at the time and just got a C2. I just logged on so np I can pop over, Egress to FoB port the guy to NK No problem at all. Usually when someone asks something like that you expect a tip... Mind you this Ikky had a nice little get up (twinked). I had to run to his B#### ass. He asked me for all the buffage I can muster...Once I port him to NK all I get is a GLuck mate!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck...charity port I guess.. but Damn!!!!

katrik
04-29-2018, 04:05 PM
name/shame OP

Vheran
04-29-2018, 04:14 PM
Bump for names for teh shames

Kubaton
04-29-2018, 04:26 PM
Barein is a good dude. If he didnt sow you - its probably b/c you ran the fk off like an idiot.

weaseal
04-29-2018, 04:46 PM
I hear all your name/shame requests and I don't like to call people out like that. In retrospect I shouldn't have named a guild either, it's not always limited to AM. Today right after the earthquake I got stiffed by 3 AMs in a row, but then shortly after I posted this one hit me with a properly huge tip, so we are good.

SamwiseRed
04-29-2018, 05:02 PM
why tip someone who will do it for free?

Bboboo
04-29-2018, 05:09 PM
i paid barein 50pp for a port to Lava and he did not sow me

wtf?

To bad DaP leadership is in the shitter atm or this wouldn't be an issue.

NachtMystium
04-29-2018, 05:11 PM
I never understood the "Porting for tips, then get mad about no tip" Why dont you just /auction a port instead? We all know you don't expect a free ride.

Jokesteve
04-29-2018, 05:13 PM
I never understood the "Porting for tips, then get mad about no tip" Why dont you just /auction a port instead? We all know you don't expect a free ride.

If you pay attention closely, Dial a Port'ers never /ooc for tip's, as its a known paid for service. Its strictly prohibited to ever use the word 'tip' in your porting messages.

NachtMystium
04-29-2018, 05:16 PM
If you pay attention closely, Dial a Port'ers never /ooc for tip's, as its a known paid for service. Its strictly prohibited to ever use the word 'tip' in your porting messages.

Very nice, i'm always a good tipper, but on my porter I never do the "porting for tips" I straight up take the "selling ports" route, that's just me though

Jokesteve
04-29-2018, 05:21 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/nqo1ua.jpg

tsuchang
04-29-2018, 05:35 PM
Ports for sale? Shoot, I'm gona change my message from tips next time I log on the druid.

Mead
04-29-2018, 07:04 PM
server needs a couple of more years to stimulate the economy

Wonkie
04-29-2018, 07:13 PM
mead are you on drugs

Mead
04-29-2018, 07:17 PM
mead are you on drugs

quite the opposite

but thank you for the chuckle

:D

Wonkie
04-29-2018, 07:20 PM
dealing with withdrawal is tough, but i think you can find something better than forum yelling

wishing you well :)

Swish2
04-29-2018, 07:25 PM
Pretty simple, don't port until they've paid you.

Mead
04-29-2018, 07:28 PM
dealing with withdrawal is tough, but i think you can find something better than forum yelling

wishing you well :)

you're going to have to try harder than that to troll me pally

Swish2
04-29-2018, 07:51 PM
you're going to have to try harder than that to troll me pally

You responded, gg.

Mead
04-29-2018, 07:52 PM
You responded, gg.

:(

Daloon
04-29-2018, 09:07 PM
I'll personally be reducing my tip amount by 10 platinum pieces in 2018 due to this toxic thread.

weaseal
04-29-2018, 09:35 PM
I'll personally be reducing my tip amount by 10 platinum pieces in 2018 due to this toxic thread.
unfortunately the game will not allow you to tip negative

Triiz
04-29-2018, 09:37 PM
Probably was the same guys always bitching about how everyone else is entitled that stiffed this poor Druid just trying to put some Iron Rations on the table for his Halfling step children. For shame.

Wonkie
04-29-2018, 10:16 PM
(sorry you didn’t get paid)

Kubaton
04-29-2018, 10:59 PM

#1 Barein isn't a Dial a Porter
#2 He got brought up by an idiot over a sow.
#3 I just spoke to Barien said "Oh yeah I remember that guy, he ran off so I canceled sow and started to gate. He asked for sow and started running back. Gate finished casting... Then I was going to go back and sow the guy, but he said "no sow gdi" and left the group... So, tough shit.. sounds like a cry baby"

Tupakk
04-29-2018, 11:04 PM

Hardly, but thanks for your service while you weren’t a jaded bitch. *muah*

Arkanjil
04-30-2018, 01:10 AM
I heard a DaP tagged toon ninja looted the AOW helm that dropped today...seems like someone made up for being stiffed!

Detoxx
04-30-2018, 01:17 AM
I heard a DaP tagged toon ninja looted the AOW helm that dropped today...seems like someone made up for being stiffed!

Can confirm true. Making RnF thread pinning all DaP people ninja looters, brb.

Tupakk
04-30-2018, 01:20 AM

And I dealt with that as soon as I heard about it.

Doesn’t negate the fact that from what I heard a lot of y’all were porting and not paying.. Maybe we will start charging y’all DKP for porting if you don’t pay.

Arkanjil
04-30-2018, 01:22 AM
And I dealt with that as soon as I heard about it.

Doesn’t negate the fact that from what I heard a lot of y’all were porting and not paying.. Maybe we will start charging y’all DKP for porting if you don’t pay.

Shrug, I always tip 60-80pp. Some people are terrible people. Blacklist them.

Phatez
04-30-2018, 02:25 AM
Backfire thread written by a guild harboring ninja looters.

matticas
04-30-2018, 02:36 AM
I'm in AM and tip 50p every time unless they make me wait longer than 10 minutes, then it's 40-45 but never lower. I'm not rollin in the no-pants $$$ like DMX so won't be tipping 80p =P

weaseal
04-30-2018, 02:47 AM
I'm in AM and tip 50p every time unless they make me wait longer than 10 minutes, then it's 40-45 but never lower. I'm not rollin in the no-pants $$$ like DMX so won't be tipping 80p =P10 minutes?? no one would blame you for stiffing after that long.

matticas
04-30-2018, 02:52 AM
10 minutes?? no one would blame you for stiffing after that long.

it's not uncommon. Seems DaP has fewer and fewer people porting and I play odd hours, so the wait can be awhile.

Foxplay
04-30-2018, 03:01 AM
Only been stiffed a handful for times, although I cant really remember names or guilds simply because I have enough plat that its not worth my time to really care about it

That said raid guild members in my experience are on average better tippers -- some of them have been around for a long time and seem to have more plat than they know what to do with

Bboboo
04-30-2018, 07:02 AM
it's not uncommon. Seems DaP has fewer and fewer people porting and I play odd hours, so the wait can be awhile.

Nah it's more like some keep their tag up even when OOM and let their list backup. Had this happen a few times and told them they should go /anon to get mana before taking up more tells. One of them told me they didn't really care.

matticas
04-30-2018, 07:08 AM
Nah it's more like some keep their tag up even when OOM and let their list backup. Had this happen a few times and told them they should go /anon to get mana before taking up more tells. One of them told me they didn't really care.

Ah ya hadn't thought of that but it makes sense. could be worthwhile to put my druid in DaP for awhile, just to see how it feels on the other side :)

mcoy
04-30-2018, 10:11 AM
If you're porting you need to switch it up once in a while. You can taste the confusion when you drop people off and then gate out before they can open a trade window with a "thanks! good luck!" /disband.

Then there're the people who make use of the /split command. Those are insidious and hard to avoid... Be one of them! Ain't noone got time to click accept let alone having to kneel down to reach a hobbit!

-Mcoy

Wonkie
04-30-2018, 10:15 AM
Only been stiffed a handful for times,

have you noticed any pattern or correlation to this and wearing your costume?

asking for a friend

Mead
04-30-2018, 10:22 AM
can we at least name and shame the AM individual too cheap to tip

Jimjam
04-30-2018, 12:14 PM

Alot of them don't drop tag while they are on a job, and instead create a backlog of jobs, making clients wait in a queue (when the client would otherwise be able to find a different, more immediate porter instead).

The worst is when they claim they are 'on their way' but you can see on /who all they are taking a very indirect route.

aaezil
04-30-2018, 12:18 PM
Someone in dap plz compile a list of all AM members who don't tip so we can all make fun of them.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Argh
04-30-2018, 12:43 PM
I don't care about not getting tipped, but if you don't say thank you after I've done something for you, you are on a list and can expect petty and vindictive retribution.

Kubaton
04-30-2018, 12:58 PM
Friend of mine is telling me that a guild called Dawn Believers has the worse/most-rotten people in it since P99 was launched. Says he refuses to port anyone with that tag... Is this true?

Valakut
05-02-2018, 11:09 AM
aftermath get your shit together and tip your porters. entire raid discussion forum is like 20 threads of aftermath suspensions and now you're getting the lifeblood of our server dial a port in trouble for your own mistakes.

be a man, woman, or non-binary and own your mistakes

Kesselring
05-02-2018, 12:02 PM
Fumanshu didn't tip me, just links his BiS pants and quotes Shakespeare. I'm ok with it.

Sad part is i think i did forget to tip someone this morning. I sorry whoever that was.

Moerne
05-02-2018, 12:40 PM
Fumanshu didn't tip me, just links his BiS pants and quotes Shakespeare. I'm ok with it.

I know someone else who thinks it's funny to link pants to tease poor folks who don't have them :P

tylercanuck
05-02-2018, 01:51 PM
Only been stiffed a handful for times, although I cant really remember names or guilds simply because I have enough plat that its not worth my time to really care about it

That said raid guild members in my experience are on average better tippers -- some of them have been around for a long time and seem to have more plat than they know what to do with

When do you have time to port people? :confused: You spend most of your waking hours boxing alts in Wakening Lands. Oh, right... your "boyfriend" runs to the vacant computer when a GM shows up.

Daloon
05-02-2018, 02:27 PM
I have a created a template that you can copy/paste after receiving a port from DaP.

Thank you for the port. I'd normally donate 50pp, but due to the toxic behavior in RNF from various Dial-A-Port members, as well as ninja looting raid items from other guilds, I have refrained from tipping at this current moment. Thanks again.

RaefLaFrenz
05-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Just dont port AM anymore DAP.

Let them be douchebags who have to walk.

Triiz
05-02-2018, 03:25 PM
Just dont port AM anymore DAP.

Let them be douchebags who have to walk.

Nah, DAP should port them to a random zone and copy/paste this template while gating

Thank you for requesting this port. I'd normally port you to your desired destination, but due to the toxic behavior in RNF from various Aftermath members, as well as a lack of tips from your guild in the past, I have refrained from porting you to your desired destination at this current moment. Thanks again.

Moerne
05-02-2018, 04:06 PM
So I guess as a (newer) AM member who also has a druid in DaP, I'll have to start refusing to port or tip myself. Next time my druid ports herself, she's going to /rude herself and then run off as fast as she can. Then she'll complain in guild chat about the latest AM exploitation. In the future she will duck her ports when she realizes she's porting that AM witch again. In retaliation, my cleric will refuse to rez herself, because dirty DaP'ers don't deserve rezzes.

I think my head is going to crack open after trying to imagine that kind of schizophrenia :p

Moerne
05-02-2018, 04:33 PM
Moe you need to stop boxing asap ur not Muhammad Ali

Draco, you know I can't even manage to do a SS MQ without screwing it up, do you really think I'm coordinated enough to box?

jakerees
05-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Draco, you know I can't even manage to do a SS MQ without screwing it up, do you really think I'm coordinated enough to box?

Sounds like you are if you are talking about porting yourself, which you could only do if you are boxing. Stop breaking the rules.

Moerne
05-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Sounds like you are if you are talking about porting yourself, which you could only do if you are boxing. Stop breaking the rules.

Hehe kinda, but you didn't read it quite right. I was talking about my druid porting herself, not porting my other chars.

Bisonzabi
05-05-2018, 01:11 AM
Can you imagine if EQ was a sandbox game and one day you find yourself being stalked by a disgruntled druid taxi driver just to have your entire house surrounded by a union of tax drivers ready to burn it down?

Dumluk
05-05-2018, 06:14 AM
I have a DaP toon. I have found that larger raiding guilds tip less if at all.

While I do see them taking advantage of DaP, I continue to port. That's just me though.

24kanthony
05-05-2018, 09:54 AM
I know this is 8 pages in but did you check to see if they donated with /split instead of using the trade window? Ive had a few people ask me if i was going to tip them and had to point oit that i already did a /split 120

Dumluk
05-05-2018, 01:34 PM
I know this is 8 pages in but did you check to see if they donated with /split instead of using the trade window? Ive had a few people ask me if i was going to tip them and had to point oit that i already did a /split 120

Never happened to me.