PDA

View Full Version : Daybreak assets been frozen

Devlin666
04-24-2018, 03:42 PM
I heard that Daybreak games parent company had their assets frozen!! Could this be the end of EQ & EQ2??? Prepare for a flood of people to come over here ....possibly???:(

Tupakk
04-24-2018, 03:43 PM
Roegan what did you do ��������.

I feel a green server INC.

Chintofv
04-24-2018, 03:48 PM
This seems unlikely since Daybreak's parent company is still under Sony.

Devlin666
04-24-2018, 03:49 PM
http://massivelyop.com/2018/04/24/daybreaks-russian-parent-companys-assets-are-frozen-by-the-u-s-government/#comments

Devlin666
04-24-2018, 03:51 PM
Still slot of confusion going on ....but we'll see!! It's possible...

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2018, 03:56 PM
This seems unlikely since Daybreak's parent company is still under Sony.

Epstein bought SOE in full. Daybreak no longer has anything to do with Sony. SOE was renamed Daybreak after the buyout.

Devlin666
04-24-2018, 03:57 PM
A lot of conversation going on in this post as well!! https://forums.eq2wire.com/threads/will-daybreak-games-shut-down-in-2-months.223686/

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2018, 03:58 PM
Any idea why Columbus Nova is getting SHrekt?

It's a Russian oligarch backed investment group. Or Ukrainian I forget which. Pretty sure Russian nationals make up the "money men" of Columbus Nova.

Sanctions and/or extra scrutiny could be reasons why.

Wonkie
04-24-2018, 04:05 PM
they were bleeding cash anyway since h1z1 dried up

Wonkie
04-24-2018, 04:11 PM
its because Trump was elected i mean that literally is why.

could you have him issue a fatwa to bring back the mac server?

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2018, 04:12 PM
they were bleeding cash anyway since h1z1 dried up

EQ3 is in production at Daybreak.

Still in the hiring phase, or towards the end of the hiring phase I guess now since its been 2-3 months since hiring started, but its "greenlit" again.

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2018, 05:06 PM
funny how russia was responsible for taking over Nostalrius and also EQ

hmmm maybe russians know where its at when it cums to games

*packs his bags and gets ready to CHEEKI BREEKI STALKER*

I think they just have a genetic disposition to being more open-minded about stuff other tribes shun. They're more inclusive.

In America you could NEVER get an American investment group to invest in a video game or online game. Not 1 fucking time in 20-30 years.

Curt Schilling had to go to the state to get an investment after 100 VC meetings and flying out to California and Chicago and NYC 100 times lol. 0 VC's asked for a followup meeting with Curt. Not one single "second meeting".

Brad also tried to get investment in Vanguard after Microsoft dropped him. 0 investment. Met with several American VCs in 2005.

Russian venture capital groups are willing to do what venture capital was created for, take large calculated risks with large returns on investment.

loramin
04-24-2018, 05:16 PM
The real question is, if they fold and wind up in bankruptcy court, will they split up their assets and sell them off in parts by game, or will they just sell the whole company? And if they do sell it all as one piece, what are the odds the new owner would be willing to sell off just the EQ rights?

Because personally I'm ready to start a GoFundMe/KickStarter/whatever to buy the rights to EQ1 and give them to Rogean :)

Triiz
04-24-2018, 06:16 PM
The real question is, if they fold and wind up in bankruptcy court, will they split up their assets and sell them off in parts by game, or will they just sell the whole company? And if they do sell it all as one piece, what are the odds the new owner would be willing to sell off just the EQ rights?

Nah. My friend said he knows a guy whose wife that is cheating on him with an executive at Daybreak and she said Daybreak is blaming their downfall on p99. Now Daybreak is planning to demand the lords of p99 pay them a large lump sum of Rubles or they are going to cast annul magic on their agreement with P99 and demand a shutdown of the servers, and even worse, the forums. All hope is lost.

branamil
04-24-2018, 06:22 PM
They are going to have to liquidate certain EQ assets. Zones Runneye, Najena, Lake Rathe, the midi sound File that plays in Felwithe, all gems dropped by wyverns and all Froglok-based models will be sold to Another game company so that daybreak can remain profitable.

shuklak
04-24-2018, 08:26 PM
Planes of Power launches tomorrow.

Metham
04-24-2018, 08:53 PM
If daybreak folds, does that mean the suspension deal on green is lifted?

Canelek
04-24-2018, 09:14 PM
If daybreak folds, does that mean the suspension deal on green is lifted?

Unless something dramatic has happened in the last few months, daybreak has nothing at all to do with the Green99 initiative. There was some unfounded rumor-spreading a ways back by a couple people, but I think they were just trolls or Agnarr recruiters. You can blame the Russians or Hannity as you like.

Swish2
04-25-2018, 01:33 AM
Teams pvp will finally launch.

Praying for Daybreak's collapse.

Swish2
04-25-2018, 01:38 AM
Green won't solve blue's problems.

Teams pvp will likely solve red's problems.

See you there whenever H1Z1 hits rock bottom and they have to sell IPs.

AzzarTheGod
04-25-2018, 06:54 AM
Green won't come before blue is finished but I do believe DBG permitted blues continued existence only if Rogean wouldn't put up new servers

Accurate. I've read the full agreement that was leaked from other staff.

Rang
04-25-2018, 09:11 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Bb0aTQf.jpg

Geomance22
04-25-2018, 09:41 AM
I think they just have a genetic disposition to being more open-minded about stuff other tribes shun. They're more inclusive.

In America you could NEVER get an American investment group to invest in a video game or online game. Not 1 fucking time in 20-30 years.

Curt Schilling had to go to the state to get an investment after 100 VC meetings and flying out to California and Chicago and NYC 100 times lol. 0 VC's asked for a followup meeting with Curt. Not one single "second meeting".

Brad also tried to get investment in Vanguard after Microsoft dropped him. 0 investment. Met with several American VCs in 2005.

Russian venture capital groups are willing to do what venture capital was created for, take large calculated risks with large returns on investment.

inclusive russians, this is likely the stupidest thing I'ver ever read

Geomance22
04-25-2018, 09:42 AM
p99 has been obviously dead ever since DBG acquired the IP, if you haven't connected the dots that they are obviously cucking wipes or a new server here you are pretty dumb

Geomance22
04-25-2018, 09:43 AM
but I guess since you've only been here 2 years you have no idea what it was like when it was actually alive

Nagoya
04-25-2018, 09:45 AM
I don't believe this is how deals & selling/buying companies work.
I am not American, but usually if you buy a business, it includes all the contracts/deals that comes with it. You are free to renegotiate them, or terminate them in a legal way, but it does not magically void them just because it changed owners!
Also, an oral contract, an email contract, hell a skype conversation or on facebook chat or whatever, is legally exactly as valid as an "official" notary signed contract, so the nature of Rogean's deal should not be of any importance either. It is just sometimes harder to prove. But you don't have to prove anything unless you go to court. As they can't just "pull the plug" on p99, they would have to be the one to sue P99 to start with, go to court, and P99 to lose/fail to prove it had/has an agreement. That seems very unlikely.

Same goes for "Green99" if what's holding it is any kind of conditional agreement they have, then that wouldn't magically change either. Could be renegociated with fresh people however.

Valrok
04-25-2018, 09:51 AM

Well, this was easily researched and not true. Sequoia Capital [1] (https://www.sequoiacap.com/), Accel Partners [2] (https://www.accel.com/), 500 Startups [3] (https://500.co/), Insight Venture Partners [4] (https://www.insightpartners.com/). These are just a few of the MANY that are easily found online, all based in the United States and all have invested in video game developers in the last five years.

Curt Schilling's company 38 Studios defaulted on the $78 million dollar loan from the state of Rhode Island. Not only did he default on the loan but encouraged employees to continue coming to work after the money had dried up leading them on. The employees later found out when their payroll was missing from their individual bank accounts. In the end Curt's company was $151 million in debt with only $22 million in assets and had to file chapter 7 bankruptcy. [5] (https://www.bostonmagazine.com/2012/07/23/38-studios-end-game/) I would say that the investors that as you say "wouldn't have a second meeting with him", were smarter than you are.

Microsoft dropped Sigil Games (Brad's Company) only after multiple disputes and changes within Microsoft.

"... there was a regime change at Microsoft where they reorganized a lot of their game studios. The people who were in charge of the Vanguard project on the Microsoft side went elsewhere and a completely new group of people were put in place. In that new group of people, the upper management side were also in charge of getting the Xbox 360 out the door. So, the PC games at the time were not receiving a lot of support and I don't blame Microsoft for this at all." - Brad Mcquaid

Sigil also had infighting within the company concerning the direction of Vanguard which also concerned Microsoft. They funded Sigil Games somewhere to the tune of $30-$40 million before deciding not to continue and this also was partly due to the rise of World of Warcraft and the similarities that Microsoft believed Vanguard had to the very successful MMO. It was after this that he simply returned to his old publisher SOE. Also, this all happened in late 2006.

It also would seem in retrospect that Microsoft made a solid decision dropping them. They ended up only selling around 200,000 copies of Vanguard, ultimately getting squashed by World of Warcraft. In the end Sigil game's director Andy Platter fired all of its employees in a meeting held in the company's parking lot. SOE tried to revive the game more than once and failed in the end losing millions.

I guess what I am trying to say here is that you are full of shit.

kjs86z
04-25-2018, 10:33 AM
If they sell off EQ the deal Rogean has I would imagine is voided and the new owner could come and shut down P99 for infringing on their newly acquired intellectual property.

I hope young lawyers are assembled and ready when that happens.

Same thing ultimately happened w/ Asheron's Call.

Turbine sold to WB. WB let Asheron's Call falter for a while then decided it wasn't worth the money.

They pulled the plug and slapped the sh*t out of anyone trying to make a private server with any real steam.

Irulan
04-25-2018, 11:37 AM
The world needs new IP.

loramin
04-25-2018, 11:45 AM
Accurate. I've read the full agreement that was leaked from other staff.

:rolleyes:

Wonkie
04-25-2018, 12:04 PM

loramin is progessing nicely

Sirken
04-25-2018, 01:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IQPGqEo.gif

so much stupid and wrong in this thread. but ty for the entertainment <3

Nexii
04-25-2018, 01:03 PM
Daybreak Games is done for

branamil
04-25-2018, 01:11 PM
Is daybreak going to seize our plat? They can't log into our banks can they??!

Wonkie
04-25-2018, 01:46 PM
http://massivelyop.com/2018/04/25/daybreak-update-chief-publishing-officer-laura-naviaux-has-left-the-company/

loramin
04-25-2018, 01:58 PM
http://massivelyop.com/2018/04/25/daybreak-update-chief-publishing-officer-laura-naviaux-has-left-the-company/

Daybreak's response has been shady as fuck, but I do think the Standing Stones guy has a point:

There’s been a little kerfluffle in the news that really doesn’t involve Standing Stone Games […] So in regard to some kind of state department-issued thing with Columbus Nova and all that sort of thing, we’re not really involved.

From the perspective of a corporate subsidiary, a change in your corporate overlords often has very little impact ...

... but I'm still holding out hope that by the time this whole saga finished unfolding the rights/code for EQ will somehow get put up for sale, and that the player community will get an opportunity to purchase them via a GoFundMe or something.

Nexii
04-25-2018, 02:25 PM
If they sell off EQ the deal Rogean has I would imagine is voided and the new owner could come and shut down P99 for infringing on their newly acquired intellectual property.

I hope young lawyers are assembled and ready when that happens.

Finding a new owner would not invalidate any existing deals. This is basic business law. Of course if nothing of the deal is written/documented, that could be bad for P99.

It's also possible the new owner would take the same stance.

Shrubwise
04-25-2018, 02:35 PM
It is also possible the new owner could think Project 1999 is super cool, buy the P99 source code from Rogean and crew, wipe all the live servers and roll out classic-only boxes.
I think Heartbrand is some sort of EQ-playing millionaire IIRC, he should buy out Daybreak IMO.

Teppler
04-25-2018, 02:45 PM
I still want the 1 death pvp discord server that lasts like a month. Although it was rampant with hackers when it was on live it was the most fun I’ve ever had playing Everquest. Lots of adrenaline rushes.

AzzarTheGod
04-25-2018, 03:50 PM
Well, this was easily researched and not true. Sequoia Capital [1] (https://www.sequoiacap.com/), Accel Partners [2] (https://www.accel.com/), 500 Startups [3] (https://500.co/), Insight Venture Partners [4] (https://www.insightpartners.com/). These are just a few of the MANY that are easily found online, all based in the United States and all have invested in video game developers in the last five years.

Curt Schilling's company 38 Studios defaulted on the $78 million dollar loan from the state of Rhode Island. Not only did he default on the loan but encouraged employees to continue coming to work after the money had dried up leading them on. The employees later found out when their payroll was missing from their individual bank accounts. In the end Curt's company was $151 million in debt with only $22 million in assets and had to file chapter 7 bankruptcy. [5] (https://www.bostonmagazine.com/2012/07/23/38-studios-end-game/) I would say that the investors that as you say "wouldn't have a second meeting with him", were smarter than you are.

Microsoft dropped Sigil Games (Brad's Company) only after multiple disputes and changes within Microsoft.

"... there was a regime change at Microsoft where they reorganized a lot of their game studios. The people who were in charge of the Vanguard project on the Microsoft side went elsewhere and a completely new group of people were put in place. In that new group of people, the upper management side were also in charge of getting the Xbox 360 out the door. So, the PC games at the time were not receiving a lot of support and I don't blame Microsoft for this at all." - Brad Mcquaid

Sigil also had infighting within the company concerning the direction of Vanguard which also concerned Microsoft. They funded Sigil Games somewhere to the tune of $30-$40 million before deciding not to continue and this also was partly due to the rise of World of Warcraft and the similarities that Microsoft believed Vanguard had to the very successful MMO. It was after this that he simply returned to his old publisher SOE. Also, this all happened in late 2006.

It also would seem in retrospect that Microsoft made a solid decision dropping them. They ended up only selling around 200,000 copies of Vanguard, ultimately getting squashed by World of Warcraft. In the end Sigil game's director Andy Platter fired all of its employees in a meeting held in the company's parking lot. SOE tried to revive the game more than once and failed in the end losing millions.

I guess what I am trying to say here is that you are full of shit.

Cringed @ point 2 and 3 where you restated exactly what I said. You need help.

AzzarTheGod
04-25-2018, 03:53 PM
Passing the 4th grade would be a start. I've never heard of a 4th grade dropout, but lo and behold.

Wonkie
04-25-2018, 04:20 PM
Robert Mueller will lead us through the long night

Nagoya
04-25-2018, 04:48 PM
Stopped reading right here - your argument is invalid

my post didn't contain an argument.
but i guess you are weak at reading, it's okay.

Sirken
04-25-2018, 05:04 PM
nice triple post ;)

also,

closing threads without info doesn't entirely leave the great impression you seem to think it does
i'm very sorry you feel that way.

Oleris
04-25-2018, 05:28 PM
Mueller can't find anything on Trump, but is going to shut down everquest. :eek::eek::eek:

Foxplay
04-26-2018, 03:32 AM
Good

Somebody else deserves the IP than daybreak

Question is, what happens if nobody wants the IP at all? or nobody has the funds for what they ask for the IP?

Just facts
04-26-2018, 03:57 AM
What does this mean for p99 and the agreement?

Swish2
04-26-2018, 06:16 AM
tracking still broken on r99 btw, might have escaped attention in the 3-4? years people have been reporting it consistently

Duck/cancel before its time on blue was never fixed but we had to have guild names parallel with character names in line with the patch notes.

I don't know sometimes, the forces at work are mystical arent they? :p

Swish2
04-26-2018, 06:27 AM
Also, still applies...

https://i.imgur.com/jEP4pKk.gif

Nexii
04-26-2018, 07:56 AM
Good

Somebody else deserves the IP than daybreak

Question is, what happens if nobody wants the IP at all? or nobody has the funds for what they ask for the IP?

They're forced to sell by June 5. So that won't be an issue.

jolanar
04-26-2018, 08:14 AM
I hope they shut down EQ and P99 tbh.

loramin
04-26-2018, 10:43 AM
and since they can't open new servers

Lammy
04-26-2018, 11:02 AM
I heard Visionary Realms is considering purchasing the IP

derpcake2
04-26-2018, 11:27 AM

you'll let me know when staff makes public statement, that isn't some vaguely formed attempt at ad hominem towards the person doubting them, but actually explains what happened to the discord plan

keep rolling your eyes until that day comes

Tupakk
04-26-2018, 11:54 AM
P99 won’t sell out. If there is one thing that this staff is they aren’t sell outs for profit. I think if the new owners try to put the kiabash on p99 Roegan will move the servers to Switzerland and the UK will get better ping.

And we will truly become pirates.

loramin
04-26-2018, 12:47 PM
P99 won’t sell out. If there is one thing that this staff is they aren’t sell outs for profit. I think if the new owners try to put the kiabash on p99 Roegan will move the servers to Switzerland and the UK will get better ping.

This. Although honestly I wouldn't expect any future owner of the rights to waste money on trying to get rid of an emulator. For one thing lawsuits aren't cheap, and it would be far from a sure case. P99 doesn't use anyone else's code on the server, and there's a very good reason why they don't distribute the Titanium client, so that would leave the rights holders with only the IP of stuff like the word EverQuest (and even then there are fair use considerations).

But even if Microsoft or Google, with their armies of lawyers, were to purchase the rights, and then they decided "we don't care how many millions we waste" and sued P99 into oblivion, they would still lose. There's a reason why Daybreak made an agreement with P99: it's not that they are kind and loving people, it's that their relationship is mutually beneficial.

Every time a new progression server is released a bunch of emulator players go pay to try it out. f the emulators went away those people would probably play other games and not hear or care about the new progression server. So if a rightsholder shut P99 and other emulators down they would literally be destroying some of their own customer base.

Shinko
04-26-2018, 01:00 PM
P99 is a mod of a game yo

AzzarTheGod
04-26-2018, 04:18 PM

yea ok bud.

http://massivelyop.com/2018/04/26/daybreak-has-now-been-hit-with-layoffs/

people who have been at EQ for 18+ years since 1999 are being shown the door as of today. this marks the end of an era.

things are changing. you might want to check the developers who are being laid off and the Daybreak/EQ executives who are being laid off before you think its not being sold.

Its being sold.

Mead
04-26-2018, 05:13 PM
Dear Daybreak Community,

There has been some confusion concerning Daybreak’s ownership and rumors about the state of the company that have circulated from a few online game websites, and we want to set the record straight. We assure you that these rumors are entirely false and that there’s no impact on our business or games in any way whatsoever.

From the get-go, Daybreak has been primarily owned by Jason Epstein, a longtime investor who also has investments in a variety of media properties. Jason acquired Daybreak (formerly SOE) in February 2015 and has been the executive chairman and majority owner of the company since that time.

We’re well aware of prior statements from Daybreak indicating our company was acquired by Columbus Nova. We have since clarified that the company was acquired by Jason Epstein when he was a partner at Columbus Nova, which he left in 2017. We’ve also taken steps to clarify those facts on our website and on third-party internet sites to ensure that all of the information currently made available is consistent and accurate.

We apologize for the previous miscommunication and hope that this clears up any confusion. As always, we greatly appreciate your continued support for our games, and we'll continue to work hard to bring the best experiences to you.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/regarding-daybreak%E2%80%99s-ownership.248981/

Wonkie
04-26-2018, 05:47 PM
it's not a lie if you say it 5 times

jolanar
04-26-2018, 05:50 PM
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/regarding-daybreak%E2%80%99s-ownership.248981/

Hasn't that been proven to be a lie?

Either way they are already laying off people so it doesn't look good. Probably a skeleton crew left just to keep the lights on at this point.

AzzarTheGod
04-26-2018, 06:00 PM
Hasn't that been proven to be a lie?

Either way they are already laying off people so it doesn't look good. Probably a skeleton crew left just to keep the lights on at this point.

we raw see pappa. feel a thousand deaths when i drop ya,

bars

Update #3
MMORPG.com says it has a source claiming that Daybreak is currently in acquisition talks with a number of studios, including Ashes of Creation company Intrepid Studios.
Update #4
In speaking on background with our sources this afternoon, we are given to understand the number of people laid off was around 70, not 100 as earlier suggested. At least one source believes the layoffs are completely unrelated to the ongoing Columbus Nova shenanigans and instead are a direct result of H1Z1’s poor performance and in fact have been planned for a while, which does make a certain amount of sense (we’ve been tracking H1Z1’s downward trajectory for months now).

Issa wrap.

AzzarTheGod
04-26-2018, 06:01 PM
im dippin in and out of Valrok. yee

https://www.mmorpg.com/columns/rumor-daybreak-games-in-talks-for-possible-acquisition-1000012677#KmEJM7ZmM30pyKXl.99

I get real in depth if ya boy really real enough. hahAA

AzzarTheGod
04-26-2018, 06:05 PM
Daybreak went home for the day after layoffs. Office is literally emptied out after the layoffs.

Whether it means anything, I dont know. home for the day around noonish.

kotton05
04-26-2018, 06:06 PM
Sirkbro already said a bunch of crazy going on here... but dam is that article pretty suggestive

AzzarTheGod
04-26-2018, 06:09 PM
Sirkbro already said a bunch of crazy going on here... but dam is that article pretty suggestive

yea i mostly just wanted to plank on valrok's wikipedia cut and paste ase.

the info I post is stuff you can't visit a wikipedia page for. Its literally breaking news or reddit leaks.

Swish2
04-26-2018, 06:27 PM

There's nothing behind the curtain u guys if Sirken said there isn't <3

AzzarTheGod
04-26-2018, 06:32 PM
There's nothing behind the curtain u guys if Sirken said there isn't <3

Sirken in realtime.

https://i.imgur.com/2YzIJ1o.jpg

Freakish
04-26-2018, 06:35 PM
Nothing is wrong comrade.
The assets have not been seized, dah?
Do not panic, this is a planned stock sell off for charity.

AzzarTheGod
04-26-2018, 06:37 PM
Intrepid Studios has been showing their MMO Ashes of Creation at recent events such as PAX West, GDC, and PAX East. The company has made a strong commitment to revitalizing the MMO genre. Founded in 2015 by entrepreneur and game fanatic Steven Sharif, is there a chance here for Intrepid to step in and revitalize all of these classic titles? It’s worth noting that the majority of Intrepid’s workforce are former SOE and Daybreak employees.
Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/columns/rumor-daybreak-games-in-talks-for-possible-acquisition-1000012677#6Jw02dvTAJMxwRJ0.99

Rogean likely met some of the future developers and owners of the EverQuest IP at PAX EAST.

If he stopped by the Ashes of Creation guys or Intrepid Studios booth, then he met the men who are going to be attempting to acquire Daybreak games or at least the Everquest IP.

Swish2
04-26-2018, 06:42 PM
If Daybreak are reading this and looking for a buyer, PM me - would love to stipulate P99's future <3

(its pvp folks)

Mead
04-26-2018, 07:07 PM
If Daybreak are reading this and looking for a buyer, PM me - would love to stipulate P99's future <3

(its pvp folks)

you going to run another marathon to fund it?

maskedmelon
04-26-2018, 08:32 PM
Daybreak Games
Official News
Dear Daybreak Community,

There has been some confusion concerning Daybreak’s ownership and rumors about the state of the company that have circulated from a few online game websites, and we want to set the record straight. We assure you that these rumors are entirely false and that there’s no impact on our business or games in any way whatsoever.

From the get-go, Daybreak has been primarily owned by Jason Epstein, a longtime investor who also has investments in a variety of media properties. Jason acquired Daybreak (formerly SOE) in February 2015 and has been the executive chairman and majority owner of the company since that time.

We’re well aware of prior statements from Daybreak indicating our company was acquired by Columbus Nova. We have since clarified that the company was acquired by Jason Epstein when he was a partner at Columbus Nova, which he left in 2017.

ruh roh, who da other shareholders? maybe managing partners at Columbus Nova?

AzzarTheGod
04-26-2018, 08:46 PM
ruh roh, who da other shareholders? maybe managing partners at Columbus Nova?

its fake news daybreak is just CYA. anything u read from daybreak is fake right now.

they are deleting and doing damage control.

3-4 tax returns posted on another site...not looking good. there could be criminal indictments coming if they dont stop the shenanigans.

d3r14k
04-26-2018, 09:18 PM
its fake news daybreak is just CYA. anything u read from daybreak is fake right now.

they are deleting and doing damage control.

3-4 tax returns posted on another site...not looking good. there could be criminal indictments coming if they dont stop the shenanigans.

https://i.imgur.com/muP6mKX.jpg

Wonkie
04-26-2018, 09:21 PM
real bootlicker shit deriak

Swish2
04-26-2018, 09:23 PM
you going to run another marathon to fund it?

do you want me to? :)

d3r14k
04-26-2018, 09:24 PM
real bootlicker shit deriak

Thank you bad Anakin.

Sirken
04-27-2018, 01:14 AM
P99 future definitely getting a little grey now.

how exactly do you figure that?

At worst, we go back to the situation we were in before DBG acquired EQ and we can do all the same things we've been doing since P99 was created by nilbog. At best, nothing changes and we can still do all the same things we've been doing since P99 was created by nilbog.

you nerds and your tin foil are overly amusing

derpcake2
04-27-2018, 01:40 AM
pretty sure most people realise there is a third scenario where EQ gets sold and the new party doesn't want p1999 around

Swish2
04-27-2018, 01:53 AM

At worst, we go back to the situation we were in before DBG acquired EQ and we can do all the same things we've been doing since P99 was created by nilbog. At best, nothing changes and we can still do all the same things we've been doing since P99 was created by nilbog.

No green server guys, just reading between the lines here :(

AzzarTheGod
04-27-2018, 02:02 AM
No green server guys, just reading between the lines here :(

old news. they can do it but requires permission/coordination

Zal22
04-27-2018, 04:08 AM

You talk in riddles. There was a simple way to just type it out plain as day - Why not do that?

jolanar
04-27-2018, 07:00 AM

You are delusional if you think they couldn't shut down p99 if they wanted to.

Foxplay
04-27-2018, 07:21 AM
You are delusional if you think they couldn't shut down p99 if they wanted to.

blizzard cant shut down a majority of WoW emulator's with all their money and clout. Daybreak has neither of those 2 things.

Foxplay
04-27-2018, 07:22 AM
Blizzard cant(or is unwilling to persue) shut down a majority of WoW emulator's with all their money and clout. Daybreak has neither of those 2 things.

Zal22
04-27-2018, 07:29 AM
Still laughing at Sirken calling people nerds. Is this not full time for you?

If not your tin foil crown is overly amusing.

jolanar
04-27-2018, 09:03 AM
blizzard cant shut down a majority of WoW emulator's with all their money and clout. Daybreak has neither of those 2 things.

Pretty sure the ones hosted in western countries got shut down, as there was a huge stink about it. Unless p99 is hosted in Russia they are ultimately at the mercy of whoever buys the rights to EQ. Not saying it will happen, just saying we are all kidding ourselves if we think it can't happen.

maskedmelon
04-27-2018, 09:53 AM
This isn't a problem.
The project will not falter.
We are safe for now ^^

Oleris
04-27-2018, 11:46 AM
Even if they go bankrupt and all hell breaks loose they would sell their assets via bankruptcy court or another way. I wonder if Blizzard would buy the rights to Everquest.

Sirken
04-27-2018, 12:13 PM
you know what? this is what i deserve for posting in RNF.

back to your regular scheduled tinfoiling

Canelek
04-27-2018, 12:19 PM
you know what? this is what i deserve for posting in RNF.

back to your regular scheduled tinfoiling

Expecting more than jibbering, screeching, and shouts of, "fake news!" is where you went wrong here. :)

Tecmos Deception
04-27-2018, 01:54 PM
- at best, we have a giant car wash and raise enough money to buy the EQ IP as a collective and shut down live and P99 becomes the only available place to play EQ

That'd be such a sweet thing to crowdfund. Lol.

Swish2
04-27-2018, 02:10 PM

Watch the $$$ pour in if there's promises of a !raffle

Nexii
04-27-2018, 02:22 PM

Nice idea but the IP for Everquest will be worth orders of magnitude more money than what this community could crowdfund.

Baylan295
04-27-2018, 02:24 PM
Nice idea but the IP for Everquest will be worth orders of magnitude more money than what this community could crowdfund.

I bet there would be a fair chunk of change that would come out if there was a promise of green and/or blue continuing to exist without fear of being toppled. People love their pixels.

I have no idea what value the Everquest IP has though

Izmael
04-27-2018, 02:29 PM

Until Jibekn's crypto billions kick in.

Argh
04-27-2018, 02:32 PM
I bet there would be a fair chunk of change that would come out if there was a promise of green and/or blue continuing to exist without fear of being toppled. People love their pixels.

I have no idea what value the Everquest IP has though

Daybreak will be acquired in its entirety by another development company for a few hundred million dollars. Not something people here are going to be able to crowdfund.

Baylan295
04-27-2018, 02:41 PM
Daybreak will be acquired in its entirety by another development company for a few hundred million dollars. Not something people here are going to be able to crowdfund.

I don’t know jack about Daybreak, but I am curious about the actual value of the EQ IP. That would be an interesting and fun conversation to fly speck

Nexii
04-27-2018, 03:44 PM
Everquest IP, most of the worth would be in existing TLP revenues. I can't think that a company would pay much more than a million just for the Everquest name. Developing a modern MMO is super expensive and while could be a thing, it might not be.

A rough estimate of 10k TLP subs would be almost 2 mill annual gross with relatively low operating expenses. Can't see it costing much more than 500k to run those servers

I'd say 10 miliion give or take

kotton05
04-27-2018, 03:46 PM
once we buy the EQ IP , im taking everyone to the California pizza kitchen!

Baylan295
04-27-2018, 03:46 PM
Everquest IP, most of the worth would be in existing TLP revenues. I can't think that a company would pay much more than a million just for the Everquest name. Developing a modern MMO is super expensive and while could be a thing, it might not be.

A rough estimate of 10k TLP subs would be almost 2 mill annual gross with relatively low operating expenses. Can't see it costing much more than 500k to run those servers

I'd say 10 miliion give or take

C’mon, someone’s gotta be a billionaire in here with all the skilled EC flippers. Someone’s been shorting the market appropriately and making bank....

Vheran
04-27-2018, 07:32 PM
Nerds in this thread with their tin foil: https://i.imgur.com/jEB9dx1.gifv

Vheran
04-27-2018, 07:38 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jEB9dx1.gif

AzzarTheGod
04-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Nerds in this thread with their tin foil: https://i.imgur.com/jEB9dx1.gifv

n its all sourced n its all sourced

u callin MMORPG tinfoil usa busta

more like a customer

u knockin on doors trying to cop usa knock

Bisonzabi
04-28-2018, 02:47 AM

Unfortunately the EQ franchise isn't worth that much compared to their other franchises that have accumulated a lot more revenue in the past 8ish years. Though that's going to pop soon as H1Z1 is rapidly dying out fast due to the emergence of new generations of battle royales meanwhile PS2's gimmick of large scaled fights is about to get robbed as new server tech is utilized by games like Maverick which will allow 400 players to run around in one instance with no PS2 lag and things like footprints and vehicle trails with stable framerate.

EQ's biggest problem is that SoE/DBG bankrolled on the MMO genre entirely despite glaring issues surfacing a decade ago of waning popularity, it was as foolish of a move as Blockbuster relying on brick and mortar rentals. Norrath should've expanded more into singleplayer games to keep the interest of the world of Norrath into the minds of gamers. That's not happening. EQNext's official trailer couldn't even hit past a million views before it was taken down over a year or two ago following its cancellation. That should give you an idea of just how 'popular' this franchise is overall. And I don't say this with pride either, I've always wanted the franchise to expand and improve itself, but under the leadership of both SoE and DBG, it's gone to rot in a corner completely forgotten outside of hardcore fans.

Swish2
04-28-2018, 05:14 AM
They dropped the ball on EQ Next, the gap between the opening trailer and what was being developed was huge. When I saw the first example of EQ Next pvp it looked really bad, made EQ1 pvp mechanics look modern.

Should have invested into it rather than trying to do a big game like that on a budget.

Foxplay
04-28-2018, 06:03 AM
They dropped the ball on EQ Next, the gap between the opening trailer and what was being developed was huge. When I saw the first example of EQ Next pvp it looked really bad, made EQ1 pvp mechanics look modern.

Should have invested into it rather than trying to do a big game like that on a budget.

Assuming Everquest Next was ever actually a game... and not just a mock up cinematic ran in EQ Landmark

it was never real

AzzarTheGod
04-28-2018, 06:19 AM
you cant deny Massively journalists as a source either.

"massively is tinfoil"

cringe @ the nerds here. room temperature IQs

Swish2
04-28-2018, 07:11 AM
Assuming Everquest Next was ever actually a game... and not just a mock up cinematic ran in EQ Landmark

it was never real

The development was real, the videos have been pulled down by Daybreak now but you see a mock up of their provisional pvp footage then cut to the EQ Next trailer...funny as hell for a comparison :o

Feel bad for anyone who invested in Landmark, think there were genuinely some people out there that planned to legally RMT their building designs.

d3r14k
04-28-2018, 08:40 AM
For sure Landmark was a great concept: User created content, and attempting to pay people for their creations? Genius. With games in the last 10 years like Minecraft and seeing the amount of time people are willing to invest in creating something. Funneling that kind of personal originality and directing it towards something like an MMO, where a massive amount of content is needed, is a pretty revolutionary concept. There may have been other games that have followed the user-created content to some degree, but I think Landmark really upped the scale in that regard. But yeah, they were selling those "adventurer packs" for $150 or something egregious. I do feel bad for people who invested thinking they were going to get a good payoff (monetarily or otherwise) somewhere down the road.

Next was going to be super ambitious... emergent AI, destructive atmospheres in an MMO, all set in Norrath? I was super excited for this game and remember watching a 3 hour long video of some presentation and being amazed at the complexity they were going for.

Welp... maybe Pantheon will deliver? At this point I'm pretty content with what P99 offers, it's basically what I want a modern MMO to recreate anyway.

Vheran
04-28-2018, 08:51 AM
DAoC had the best mmorpg PvP and red eq will never be as fun change my mind actually ya cant

paulgiamatti
04-28-2018, 09:16 AM
I already had this argument with Rogean last year: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263084&page=2

And I still stand by everything I said w/r/t elf sim legality. P99 isn't going anywhere because there was an agreement struck which will survive any leadership change within DBG, at least so long as the terms of that contract are still valid (they are). But yes, in some sense P99 is ultimately beholden to the EQ franchise IP owners. That's why there was an agreement in the first place.

Mead
04-28-2018, 11:20 AM
you guys got nothing better to do than tinfoil about this bullshit lol?

cringing hard

Bisonzabi
04-28-2018, 03:24 PM

I've seen countless dev/publisher conferences and stage debuts ranging from E3, PAX ect to small individual ones. SoE Live's EQNext debut we saw in 2013 was so embarrassingly bad and such an incoherent fucked up mess, probably one of the worst I ever saw in terms of how one is managed and performed and I seen a LOT. For the first 20 mins they had someone fuck around with glitter or some shit and then pulled it off the screen early because people were scratching their heads not knowing what the fuck was going on and getting restless. And then the rest of the conference was Smedley being this awkward idiot bumbling back and forth on the stage.

It's amazing how much development crew they pulled off from the likes of EQ1 and EQ2 just to try and create this mess. Incompetence and a constant need to micromanage and coat tail other studios has always been a huge issue at SoE.

Mead
04-28-2018, 08:39 PM
You fucking love it

if I didn't I wouldn't be here

I'm glad people actually care about dumb shit for my amusement

AzzarTheGod
04-29-2018, 12:09 AM
Massively is tinfoil

Cringe

Wonkie
06-04-2018, 02:18 PM
Columbus Nova, you may recall, is the parent company of Daybreak Games. The U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control has given Renova and other Russian companies until June 5th to “wind down operations, contracts, or other agreements” involving these figures.

see you at midnight friends

MagpieRockyl
06-04-2018, 02:32 PM
June 5 is a big day. I'm getting my teeth cleaned and also going to recite some poetry at a bar.

Oleris
06-04-2018, 02:35 PM
I see no recent news on the June 5th. Didn't DBG say the current owner used to be part of the group and is not part of the crackdown?

Mead
06-04-2018, 02:40 PM
lots of government officials playing on tlp

eq not going anywhere

Wonkie
06-04-2018, 02:45 PM
lots of government officials playing on tlp

eq not going anywhere

that violates the logan act!

loramin
06-04-2018, 03:08 PM
that violates the logan act!

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized persons with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States.

Does the government of Qeynos have a dispute with the United States? Honestly, after pissing off just about every other government on our planet, I wouldn't put it past Trump to piss of the Bayles also ...

Vheran
06-04-2018, 03:11 PM
It's exactly one week before my birthday I will be bathed in the well flowing, not trickling, Waters of New

I will also be at fucking work tho

Vheran
06-04-2018, 03:14 PM
June 5 is a big day. I'm getting my teeth cleaned and also going to recite some poetry at a bar.

I got laid a few times from being a regular slam poetry and open mic night performer in Monterey California under the pseudonym "Nikolai"

Bisonzabi
06-04-2018, 07:31 PM
Honestly, after pissing off just about every other government on our planet.

Get over yourself, what major countries has Trump 'pissed off' outside Iran? The same man who's the closest and most likely to meet the leader of the most hostile and isolated regime on the planet in presidential history in a few weeks and even South Korea and Australia advocated for him getting a noble peace prize for it.

loramin
06-04-2018, 08:10 PM
Get over yourself, what major countries has Trump 'pissed off' outside Iran?

Trump faces isolation at upcoming G-7 meeting of world leaders in Canada (https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/nation-now/trump-faces-isolation-at-upcoming-g-7-meeting-of-world-leaders-in-canada/465-08451d9b-4df8-4e8c-9c87-63617318d898)

Wfrench1234
06-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Trump faces isolation at upcoming G-7 meeting of world leaders in Canada (https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/nation-now/trump-faces-isolation-at-upcoming-g-7-meeting-of-world-leaders-in-canada/465-08451d9b-4df8-4e8c-9c87-63617318d898)

Doesn’t everyone face isolation in Canada?

Swish2
06-04-2018, 09:26 PM
EQ is a dead IP at this point, let the emulator devs across all of EQemu do their thing and we can get on and enjoy a good pvp teams server like everyone wants.

Wonkie
06-05-2018, 09:04 AM
did anything happen

Rang
06-05-2018, 03:39 PM
Nozing happen comrade

https://i.imgur.com/io58kQ6.jpg

chadtwoke
06-06-2018, 03:38 PM
I got laid a few times from being a regular slam poetry and open mic night performer in Monterey California under the pseudonym "Nikolai"

jesus christ

Mead
06-06-2018, 04:01 PM
looks like the department of the treasury gottem

https://i.imgur.com/eik13hj.jpg

Champion_Standing
06-07-2018, 02:21 PM

Yeah...They'll be pulling out of trade deals and refusing to do business with the US in no time. Or maybe they'll just kiss trumps ass like they do every president to keep getting those sweet dollars. I'm gonna bet on the later.

loramin
06-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Yeah...They'll be pulling out of trade deals and refusing to do business with the US in no time. Or maybe they'll just kiss trumps ass like they do every president to keep getting those sweet dollars. I'm gonna bet on the later.

Hey, I never said Trump changed fundamental geopolitical realities ... I just said he pissed a bunch of countries off.

DinoTriz
06-07-2018, 02:52 PM
Hey, I never said Trump changed fundamental geopolitical realities ... I just said he pissed a bunch of countries off.

So countries went from hating us to hating us a little bit more.

aaezil
06-07-2018, 02:59 PM
where are the tin foil hat people are daybreak out of business yet?

Champion_Standing
06-07-2018, 03:05 PM
where are the tin foil hat people are daybreak out of business yet?

No, Kronos from banned P99ers on progression servers still barely keeping them afloat.