PDA

View Full Version : <Tempest> Allowed to raid in the near future??

Barcelona
04-24-2018, 12:05 PM
Will the entire guild of <Tempest> be able to raid after 12:01am EST May 18, 2018??

This is in regards to the shenanigans with a more recent Vulak right after the last suspension that lead to some wyverns being trained. (seen here: Our neighbor Detoxx, or is it, Mr. Toxxic? (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295118)

If Awakened is suspended yet again, but no Awakened guild and prior guild leadership exists, then should the Tempest branch (that is, all members who were flagged <Awakened> as the time of the infraction also be punished for what could be 50 more days if what people say is true??) Honestly I think enough is enough.

Why beat a dead horse?

Also wasn't Tempest a failed Red99 guild? Something a little more unique to Project 1999 would be greatly appreciated.

Asking for a friend.

spanky_kc
04-24-2018, 12:30 PM
How could anyone agree to be called Tempest? like what the actual f... is going on with them.

Wonkie
04-24-2018, 12:31 PM
i recommend beans n eggs to brew a tempest

Irulan
04-24-2018, 12:34 PM
i recommend beans n eggs to brew a tempest

5 star reply

kotton05
04-24-2018, 12:36 PM
Also wasn't Tempest a failed Red99 guild? Something a little more unique to Project 1999 would be greatly appreciated.

Asking for a friend.

i lol'd.

Endonde
04-24-2018, 12:37 PM
I think precedent states a full dkp wipe is needed to be considered a new raiding entity

mattydef
04-24-2018, 01:51 PM
What's wrong with Tempest? Seems better than Awakened imo.

Wonkie
04-24-2018, 02:04 PM
What's wrong with Tempest? Seems better than Awakened imo.

there's nothing wrong with it

but i will take delight in calling them <fart guild>

Barcelona
04-24-2018, 02:23 PM
Their guild name needs to start with an A so that neckbeard guilds can continue to be referred to as A/A.

How about <Always Suspended>?

I am a huge fan of T&A , I imagine there are plenty who are too :D

Triiz
04-24-2018, 02:32 PM
An obvious attempt by Awakened to elicit sympathy by having such a terrible name that GM's feel bad about banning them in the future.

Argh
04-24-2018, 02:43 PM
This isn't just a name change (they have also jettisoned their former leaders [Eratani/Breaken]) but yes, anyone who was in Awakened for the suspension will still be raid suspended and a new guild tag won't change that.

I assume that they will still be treated as the same entity; however, they will probably be able to avoid more dramatically escalating suspensions since their entire strategy for handling disputes will likely no longer be to just ignore whoever is asking for the concessions and roll the dice with the staff.

Comoc1
04-24-2018, 03:15 PM
Damn. Wouldn’t it be crazy if Tempest got raid suspended before the even ever got to raid.

Arkanjil
04-24-2018, 03:26 PM
Damn. Wouldn’t it be crazy if Tempest got raid suspended before the even ever got to raid.

Well...technically they still are raid suspended...

Barcelona
04-24-2018, 03:36 PM
[QUOTE=Argh;2695758]yes, anyone who was in Awakened for the suspension will still be raid suspended and a new guild tag won't change that.
QUOTE]

This is understandable for a suspension that is currently active.

However, Does the same go for Suspensions not yet handed out? (i.e. in review/being held onto until the current suspension expires)

kjs86z
04-24-2018, 04:16 PM
<Tempted DiceRoll>

Dman2701
04-24-2018, 04:29 PM
Serious question, will this become a tactic for guilds that get repeat suspensions? get to 40 days than cycle to new name so you reset back to 10 days?

arsenalpow
04-24-2018, 07:17 PM
The name is fine. Every guild name is dumb, I doubt they consulted RnF because the suggestion would have been BushTowerCucks or some derivative of that.

Nibblewitz
04-24-2018, 07:20 PM
I like <Fart Guild>.

Freakish
04-24-2018, 07:21 PM
IB -> Rampage, avoided suspension handed down to IB. Already been done and it works!

arsenalpow
04-24-2018, 07:24 PM
IB -> Rampage, avoided suspension handed down to IB. Already been done and it works!

You mean TMO trying to rebrand as Forsaken as circumvent a suspension? I had to yell at Sirken at actually investigate, but he got around to it and enforced the suspension on Forsaken as well.

Freakish
04-24-2018, 07:42 PM
You mean TMO trying to rebrand as Forsaken as circumvent a suspension? I had to yell at Sirken at actually investigate, but he got around to it and enforced the suspension on Forsaken as well.

No, I'm talking about when IB got a suspension for conceding Talendor, killing it. Reforming as Rampage and Sirken saying that it was fine for Rampage to raid during IB suspension.

Barcelona
04-24-2018, 07:49 PM
Some half-hearted lawyerquesters in here for sure. Ella can we get your take on this ruling and previous cases?

Ella`Ella
04-24-2018, 09:14 PM
This isn't just a name change (they have also jettisoned their former leaders [Eratani/Breaken]) but yes, anyone who was in Awakened for the suspension will still be raid suspended and a new guild tag won't change that.

I assume that they will still be treated as the same entity; however, they will probably be able to avoid more dramatically escalating suspensions since their entire strategy for handling disputes will likely no longer be to just ignore whoever is asking for the concessions and roll the dice with the staff.

P99 legal precedent states that in order to be considered an entirely new guild for the purpose of resetting your suspension counter you need to turnover the majority of the leadership and also have a significant turnover or addition to your general member base.

See IB + A-Team

Ella`Ella
04-24-2018, 09:15 PM
Some half-hearted lawyerquesters in here for sure. Ella can we get your take on this ruling and previous cases?

Should have quoted this young squire...

Detoxx
04-24-2018, 09:55 PM

You mean circumvent going back to Class R where you knew youd get even more shitstomped? Although that was not the intent, as we talked to Sirken to see if we could use the class system as it was intended. You know, start at R, get some ground and move on to C instead of "spearheading rotations" for 15 guilds then hogging all the content between said guilds lol.

You did good Chest, I didnt know you had it in you to fuck over the smaller guilds but, you did, along with you homeboys in Taken. Thats your crowning achievement here, but in the end you still got cucked off this server and any server BDA has ever been a guild tag on.

Pras

Nibblewitz
04-24-2018, 10:02 PM
BDA hogged 1 out of every 15 Venril Sathirs. It was good times.

Uuruk
04-24-2018, 10:03 PM
2018 and y'all still raiding Velious.

Vianna
04-25-2018, 09:56 AM
Their guild name needs to start with an A so that neckbeard guilds can continue to be referred to as A/A.

How about <Always Suspended>?

Well if they do neckbeard now the Raid guilds will be T&A

Vianna
04-25-2018, 10:00 AM
If they got rid of that broken leadership I wish them the best.

Wonkie
04-25-2018, 10:26 AM
T&A isn't associated with neckbeards though. AA is a lot more relevant to neckbeards.

Daldaen right now (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UIkijptBkA)

Maner
04-25-2018, 10:15 PM
did they wipe their dkp too?

Fengxi
04-25-2018, 11:40 PM
How could anyone agree to be called Tempest? like what the actual f... is going on with them.

Agreed. Name sucks.

maskedmelon
04-26-2018, 08:00 AM
Well if they do neckbeard now the Raid guilds will be T&A

A pretty insensitive and rather tasteless message here from the p99 community,

"if you wanna get raid on p99, nothing matters butt T&A."

Also, gonna guess they selection was meant to suggest "a storm is coming."

maskedmelon
04-26-2018, 10:11 AM
<Tempiss>

<Cuckpest>

<BushDid911>

i liek cuckpest tbh. it is degrading and dismissive all at once. it says, "your regular appeals to lack of self worth is not only bothersome, butt contemptible."

can we please make this new default slur in RNF combat?

Barcelona
04-26-2018, 11:49 AM
did they wipe their dkp too?

No, as I heard it from one of the guild leaders, all DKP was transitioned over to the "new" guild.

Which brings me to this:

P99 legal precedent states that in order to be considered an entirely new guild for the purpose of resetting your suspension counter you need to turnover the majority of the leadership and also have a significant turnover or addition to your general member base.

See IB + A-Team

Are Tempest's only chances to raid on P99, to absorb some other smaller guild entity and forfeit all prior Awakened DKP's?

On another sidenote, if Forsaken was being brought into this, did they not award DKP "signing on bonuses" to prior TMO members when they formed? I am sure this is all a different scenario, but I am curious to know how these things work from prior cases of guild formation/re-creation

I do sometimes wish more Guild mergers would happen here. I remember on live being a part of a merged guild, and immediately increasing our guild standing.

Also:

"if you wanna get raid on p99, nothing matters butt T&A."

THIS PERFECTLY SUMS IT ALL UP! (assuming Tempest ever gets to raid of course)

Barcelona
04-30-2018, 02:49 AM
I am going to guess that this is a Project 1999 first, a guild raid suspension, and in thid case all prior members of said guild, lifted early by staff.

See here: Awakened 40 day Raid Suspension lifted Early (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2698944&postcount=3)