PDA

View Full Version : Paradigm Shit

Fatty Jay
04-15-2018, 02:48 AM
I find it hilarious that all the 2nd rate players have banded together to create this emulsion that is "Paradigm Shift". This guild is nothing more than people with 2nd place tickets hoarding them together in massive numbers; It has been done before, but usually with player with some skill set or another. Not 'Paradigm Shift', they will take your tired, your weak, your hungry, use them, and then according to their so called 'Loot Council', use you and your friends to gear them and their alts. If you want to even 'appear' to be a legitimate guild, BY ANY STANDARD, 3 people deciding to whom the loot goes, is an absolute joke. It has worked well for you all, but it is time that the community sees what actually happens behind closed doors.

Skew
04-15-2018, 03:36 AM
Its Paradiggum.

People still join LC guilds?

Phatez
04-15-2018, 04:18 AM
Diggum

Pyrrhica
04-15-2018, 05:10 AM
LC really only works when my alts get all the loot.

Nibblewitz
04-15-2018, 05:40 AM
LC is fantastic!

Nagoya
04-15-2018, 09:47 AM
Loot Council is caca.

Wonkie
04-15-2018, 10:21 AM
you're describing BDA

pogs4ever
04-15-2018, 11:10 AM
go closed bid dkp. No collusion.

Foxplay
04-15-2018, 11:32 AM
Loot council works amazing if you lack a gag reflex like me

Zal22
04-15-2018, 11:38 AM
@OP! There is a button to preview post before you submit.

Zal22
04-15-2018, 11:45 AM
Its Paradiggum.

People still join LC guilds?

I get that (maybe) you are trying to be funny, but honestly I think you pronounce it that way irl because you are stupid.

Argh
04-15-2018, 11:49 AM
What item did you not get before making this thread?

Arkanjil
04-15-2018, 01:18 PM
You need to give more details, like the item you got passed over on, how amazing your contributions to the guild have been, and how you’ve always remained calm and cool...

jilena
04-15-2018, 01:40 PM
Paradiggum Shits is a guild built on the principals of slave labor and greed. No one is having fun and their general lack of self worth is used to keep the plebs shackled to the cruel machine churning through second rate content to gear the alts of their loot council masters. If these losers had any self respect they would join Aftermeth and compete at the highest levels of p1999 raiding with all of the other top tier guilds who can field 50 players at 11am any given Tuesday. The fact that they stick around is just proof of their debilitating lack of self esteem and real life virgin status. Hopefully more heroes like Fatty Jay will step up to free these poor lost souls from the bonds of Everquest servitude and shine a much needed light on the evil machinations of the Shitters loot council. Thank you sir for your bravery and selflessness! Hopefully someone finally recognizes your contributions to the greater good and councils some loot your way.

Foxplay
04-15-2018, 02:05 PM
Paradiggum Shits is a guild built on the principals of slave labor and greed. No one is having fun and their general lack of self worth is used to keep the plebs shackled to the cruel machine churning through second rate content to gear the alts of their loot council masters. If these losers had any self respect they would join Aftermeth and compete at the highest levels of p1999 raiding with all of the other top tier guilds who can field 50 players at 11am any given Tuesday. The fact that they stick around is just proof of their debilitating lack of self esteem and real life virgin status. Hopefully more heroes like Fatty Jay will step up to free these poor lost souls from the bonds of Everquest servitude and shine a much needed light on the evil machinations of the Shitters loot council. Thank you sir for your bravery and selflessness! Hopefully someone finally recognizes your contributions to the greater good and councils some loot your way.

Why bother being in any guild when you can be part of the swarm?

For the overmind!

Not everyone picks Zerg some players prefer protoss or terran

slurm3
04-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Yeah but where are the green scales?

Sonderbeast
04-15-2018, 02:48 PM
Yeah but where are the green scales?

on ebay

jag2kk
04-15-2018, 03:12 PM

LOL

24kanthony
04-15-2018, 03:28 PM
Yeah! We need to expose this stuff!
I've been a regular member since October and all I've gotten is crown of nerandi, SK epic, Cleric epic, full SS armor, sow sword, great spear of dawn, vindi BP, blood ember BP, mask of venom, necklace of nightstalking, cloak of purity, a trakanon tooth, resist gear, raid expendables and free recharges.
What am i having to do in return for these meager wages? I slave away tagging raid mobs in to camp, backup tanking, sky every sunday and even some pet tracking!
Its blatant extortion up in here!

jilena
04-15-2018, 04:35 PM
all I've gotten is crown of nerandi, SK epic, Cleric epic, full SS armor, sow sword, great spear of dawn, vindi BP, blood ember BP, mask of venom, necklace of nightstalking, cloak of purity, a trakanon tooth....

Clearly a loot council alt and/or sympathizer. You should be ashamed of yourself.

kaev
04-15-2018, 04:37 PM
You need to give more details, like the item you got passed over on, how amazing your contributions to the guild have been, and how you’ve always remained calm and cool...

jag2kk
04-15-2018, 04:39 PM
Yeah! We need to expose this stuff!
I've been a regular member since October and all I've gotten is crown of nerandi, SK epic, Cleric epic, full SS armor, sow sword, great spear of dawn, vindi BP, blood ember BP, mask of venom, necklace of nightstalking, cloak of purity, a trakanon tooth, resist gear, raid expendables and free recharges.
What am i having to do in return for these meager wages? I slave away tagging raid mobs in to camp, backup tanking, sky every sunday and even some pet tracking!
Its blatant extortion up in here!

I've been a member for a few short months and all I've gotten is Ring 10. >:(

Shinko
04-15-2018, 05:05 PM
sky every sunday

HARD PASS

jilena
04-15-2018, 05:24 PM
sky every sunday

HARD PASS

This level of Everquest wisdom is only achieved after years of practice.

kaev
04-15-2018, 05:32 PM
sky every sunday

Sunday isn't the problem, it's the am part of it. I need time to recover from saturday night before i start drinking again.

Baylan295
04-15-2018, 05:48 PM
Sunday isn't the problem, it's the am part of it. I need time to recover from saturday night before i start drinking again.

Pretty sure everyone in sky is hungover every Sunday.. I usually am.

skarlorn
04-15-2018, 06:07 PM
It's not Sunday. It's not hangovers. It's not AM.. It's doing sky in 2018 that is the problem.

kaev
04-15-2018, 06:19 PM
It's not Sunday. It's not hangovers. It's not AM.. It's doing sky in 2018 that is the problem.

Are you sure? I mean, posting on an elfsim message board is already pretty much peak 1999 as it is.

24kanthony
04-15-2018, 06:22 PM
As i stated in guild chat, the real crime here is the PS plug channel. My solid picks are being bumped for backstreet boys and eastern european jams.

Baylan295
04-15-2018, 06:25 PM
As i stated in guild chat, the real crime here is the PS plug channel. My solid picks are being bumped for backstreet boys and eastern european jams.

I want it that way...

Nexii
04-15-2018, 07:05 PM
Loot council is bad. I much prefer Reetox bucks

Wonkie
04-15-2018, 07:37 PM
potty fox has discovered the secret of aggressively homosexual content

this is your next superstar

skarlorn
04-15-2018, 08:05 PM
potty fox has discovered the secret of aggressively homosexual content

this is your next superstar

This is one of my favorite styles in existence.

Wfrench1234
04-15-2018, 09:36 PM
Paradigm Shift drinks appletinis

mattydef
04-15-2018, 10:40 PM
Can we focus on how PS harbors RMTers, account buyers and people who get booted from guilds for selling AOW loot?

24kanthony
04-15-2018, 10:54 PM
Can we focus on how PS harbors RMTers, account buyers and people who get booted from guilds for selling AOW loot?

No, not really. Part of being in PS is doing everything on the up and up. Anything else will and has gotten people booted.

jilena
04-15-2018, 11:36 PM
Mattydef confirmed PS insider whistleblower.

Pint
04-16-2018, 09:32 AM
An emerging competitive guild taking shit in RnF is a rite of passage. Baptism by fire, if you will.

Welcome to the big time, PS.

Turn back now

Baylan295
04-16-2018, 10:16 AM
An emerging competitive guild taking shit in RnF is a rite of passage. Baptism by fire, if you will.

Welcome to the big time, PS.

It’s not even good RnF shit. We need some curse words, names, and actual anger for this to qualify as more than a C- troll attempt by someone outside PS, or someone in the guild that just wants something to talk about for a bit.

reevesz
04-16-2018, 12:16 PM
Yes. Name and shame! Screenshots are even better!

Kesselring
04-16-2018, 01:32 PM
I've been a member for a few short months and all I've gotten is Ring 10. >:(

How dare they! Just ring 10? I would ask for more thats not right.

Sonderbeast
04-16-2018, 02:11 PM
Perfect example of entitlement right there lol

Teppler
04-16-2018, 04:52 PM
Paradigm Shift is the only guild in the game I will hesitate in dealing with their members when I see the tag.

Not good people from my experience.

Teppler
04-16-2018, 05:13 PM
I heard most of their Shamans can solo crypt. What say you?

I've seen their shaman try. Not capable.

Marhaus
04-16-2018, 06:05 PM
Paradigm Shift is the only guild in the game I will hesitate in dealing with their members when I see the tag.

I use a trusted third party when even trading with myself.

ZiggyTheMuss
04-16-2018, 06:10 PM

Coming from the biggest retard in R & F that sounds like a pretty solid endorsement! I think I will app today!

Teppler
04-16-2018, 06:42 PM
Coming from the biggest retard in R & F that sounds like a pretty solid endorsement! I think I will app today!

Damn dude, I just looked at like your last 20 posts and the bulk of them are raging hard at me. I don't even know who you are. Seek help.

ZiggyTheMuss
04-16-2018, 08:39 PM
Damn dude, I just looked at like your last 20 posts and the bulk of them are raging hard at me. I don't even know who you are. Seek help.

You are a sub human piece of garbage and you should be removed from the gene pool before you can pollute it. <3

Wonkie
04-16-2018, 09:16 PM
You are a sub human piece of garbage and you should be removed from the gene pool before you can pollute it. <3

what's he gonna do, release his spores?

ZiggyTheMuss
04-16-2018, 09:22 PM
We can only hope there is still time to stop him...

kjs86z
04-17-2018, 09:06 AM
https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/30705639_10104301040063046_7939550327181672448_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1314905b4f35d48abbdfb9eed256ff06&oe=5B72914C

Troxx
04-17-2018, 11:50 AM
What item did you not get before making this thread?

Sadiki
04-17-2018, 11:55 AM
Agreed, I've never gotten any items from Paradigm Shift.

But I'm also not in their guild, so maybe that makes sense.

Shea
04-18-2018, 06:34 AM
Ironic thread considering this guild was founded on the back of other people's work and the inability of PS's leaders to listen to the previous iteration's loot council. So they cried and formed their own guild. Seems like it's come full circle.

These are some greedy players, do yourself a favor and stay away.

waltjig
04-18-2018, 09:08 AM
Ironic thread considering this guild was founded on the back of other people's work and the inability of PS's leaders to listen to the previous iteration's loot council. So they cried and formed their own guild. Seems like it's come full circle.

Put the drugs down. The core of PS is the least greedy people on the box and have been burned for it by plenty of greedy losers in the past

jilena
04-18-2018, 10:05 AM
Teppler is the only player in the game I will hesitate in dealing with when I see his name.

Not a good player from my experience.

How can you even say that I've heard he can solo crypt.

jilena
04-18-2018, 10:18 AM

Finally someone who understands the truth of the situation. I don't know where PS would be today if it hadn't been for such a strong foundation of occasionally farming halls of testing with a skeleton crew and mastering the nigh insurmountable 6 neck dragons. These losers need to show some respect to those who's hard earned strategies they discarded many months (years?) ago on their way to their weekly greed based alt gearing pick 3 halls of testing and acquisition of the much coveted 6 necks for level 5 alts. I even heard that these greedy fucks run to the west wall when they zone into fear. Were they just born knowing these strats? I think not.

Thank you sir for having the courage to step forward and imply that these thankless bastards would never have accomplished the things that they never accomplished while affiliated with you if it hadn't been for you. It's perfectly clear to me that everything this guild has done without your guidance would have been impossible without your guidance. It's time they step up and be the quality individuals they claim to be and admit this to be true.

Achromatic
04-21-2018, 03:58 PM
Finally someone who understands the truth of the situation. I don't know where PS would be today if it hadn't been for such a strong foundation of occasionally farming halls of testing with a skeleton crew and mastering the nigh insurmountable 6 neck dragons. These losers need to show some respect to those who's hard earned strategies they discarded many months (years?) ago on their way to their weekly greed based alt gearing pick 3 halls of testing and acquisition of the much coveted 6 necks for level 5 alts. I even heard that these greedy fucks run to the west wall when they zone into fear. Were they just born knowing these strats? I think not.

Thank you sir for having the courage to step forward and imply that these thankless bastards would never have accomplished the things that they never accomplished while affiliated with you if it hadn't been for you. It's perfectly clear to me that everything this guild has done without your guidance would have been impossible without your guidance. It's time they step up and be the quality individuals they claim to be and admit this to be true.

QFT

Rainik Stormseeker
04-23-2018, 04:36 AM
I enjoy my sanity too much to implement a loot council.

Rainik Stormseeker
04-23-2018, 04:38 AM
...and my conscience; gotta give everyone with skin in the game an equal shot.

kaev
04-23-2018, 02:34 PM
Guess they are inviting more and more toxics to the guild to compete with AM.

A guild's gotta do what a guild's gotta do. PS stepping up to the big time now, what with Awakened off in the wilderness for their 40 day furry convention.

TheWord
04-23-2018, 07:21 PM
So thought about doing a fresh start but wanted to see how P99 and the guilds were doing. I was in Paradigm Shift for roughly 8 months but keep in touch with some of the people that still play. Here's my aspect of Paradigm Shift before I left.

Outside looking in, Paradigm Shift is a great guild that does some pretty big named mobs with minimum personnel but there are some turmoil brewing inside.

Paradigm Shift is a Loot Counseling guild (Lulz). So there is "Inner Circle-Jerk" decides who gets what. You could be tracking, pulling, tanking, be raid ready with the Reavers, Debuff Wands, Soulfires, DA Idols, etc. But that does not account for any awards that you have submitted to the Higher Echelon. You could have 90% or higher raid attendence, and some new guy who comes in and does nothing will receive the item because he has not received one yet.

Loot Counseling has backfired on several occasions. For a couple examples:
*Wrekka (DPS Monk) - Awarded the Shovel of the Harvest. NEVER SEEN AGAIN
*Denzallo (DPS Monk) - Awarded Grey Suede Boots and Shawl of Protection. NEVER SEEN AGAIN.

A previous post mentioned something along the lines of how the Officer Core looks out for themselves. So here are the best items that guild has received based on their ranking:
1) Harmacy (Pyrrhica Alt Guild Lead) - Serrated Dragon Tooth *Was not there for the kill and still looted the item for MQ*
2) Pyrrhica (Guild Lead) - Flayed Barbarian Skin Mask
3) Arcler (Guild Second Lead) - Buckler of Insight *Arcler was changed to a main (60 day probation with no loot) and the next day received the MQ for the item, also believed to have received King Tormax Head*
4) Ruiken (Officer) - Received Abashi 2H from Vulak
5) Jaafaar (Officer) - Received Brain of Cazic Thule
6) Rhovanion (Officer) - Received KT Head and Shroud of Veeshan
7) Csisu (Officer) - Received Dain's Head on first Dain Kill
8) Gnorbet (Officer) - Received Eye of Cazic Thule
9) Isthmus (Officer) - Received Flayed Barbarian Skin Leggings

So yes, the Inner Circle does look out for their own. If you are a guild member and contradict any of their decision, GOOD LUCK ON GETTING AN ITEM.

Paradigm Shift can be a really good guild but needs a major revamp on some of the leadership or I am afraid those that put in the time and effort will seek other guilds that will reward individuals for the contributions.

khysanth
04-24-2018, 01:44 PM
You need an impartial and selfless person on the loot council like me to make things work

mattydef
04-24-2018, 01:54 PM
My cousin back on live was in a LC guild. Poor guy, we used to call him "left over boy" because he never got any of the new loot that dropped, it would all go to officers. He would only ever get the loot that was rotting.

Pyrrhica
04-24-2018, 02:17 PM
So thought about doing a fresh start but wanted to see how P99 and the guilds were doing. I was in Paradigm Shift for roughly 8 months but keep in touch with some of the people that still play. Here's my aspect of Paradigm Shift before I left.

Outside looking in, Paradigm Shift is a great guild that does some pretty big named mobs with minimum personnel but there are some turmoil brewing inside.

Paradigm Shift is a Loot Counseling guild (Lulz). So there is "Inner Circle-Jerk" decides who gets what. You could be tracking, pulling, tanking, be raid ready with the Reavers, Debuff Wands, Soulfires, DA Idols, etc. But that does not account for any awards that you have submitted to the Higher Echelon. You could have 90% or higher raid attendence, and some new guy who comes in and does nothing will receive the item because he has not received one yet.

*Denzallo (DPS Monk) - Awarded Grey Suede Boots and Shawl of Protection. NEVER SEEN AGAIN.

A previous post mentioned something along the lines of how the Officer Core looks out for themselves. So here are the best items that guild has received based on their ranking:
1) Harmacy (Pyrrhica Alt Guild Lead) - Serrated Dragon Tooth *Was not there for the kill and still looted the item for MQ*
3) Arcler (Guild Second Lead) - Buckler of Insight *Arcler was changed to a main (60 day probation with no loot) and the next day received the MQ for the item, also believed to have received King Tormax Head*

So yes, the Inner Circle does look out for their own. If you are a guild member and contradict any of their decision, GOOD LUCK ON GETTING AN ITEM.

Paradigm Shift can be a really good guild but needs a major revamp on some of the leadership or I am afraid those that put in the time and effort will seek other guilds that will reward individuals for the contributions.

You forgot to mention the guild first SoW Sword I counciled to my bard. /s

Your info is wrong and you do not mention the HUNDREDS of amazing items our guild members have picked up over the last year of raiding. Sorry you didn't get picked.

jilena
04-24-2018, 03:27 PM

Wow! Yet another brave soul steps forward with another courageous anonymous posting! The truth in this is undeniable (minus a few unimportant untruths). The criminal audacity of these circle jerk fucks thinking they can just award the best loot to the core individuals who have attended the most raids, put in the most effort, been around the longest, organized all the things, etc etc. I can't imagine that people would stand for this for long so something else must be afoot. Which brings me to my next point...

It's becoming increasingly clear to me that Paradigger Schwartz is actually a cult. They have a small handful of charismatic leaders duping the unwashed masses of their pleb soldiers into thinking that the lord Jezeus has given only them the power to see where the loot should go. They keep the masses docile by throwing them scraps of Halls of Testing armors while deliberately hoarding all of the tenderest cuts of loot for themselves. Only after completely anointing themselves in the armors of testing can the plebs proceed to Operating Thetan 3 and have hopes of affixing a useful piece of loot to their person. This is sickening. Someone needs to do something.

Enter TheWord. A shining example of free thought and strength, he/she/it/please provide your preferred pronoun has shaken off the yoke of loot based oppression and sees the truth clearly. Why should anyone be fucked into upgrading with some pleb ass Halls of Testing garbage when they could be jumping straight from their hard earned guk loots into something BiS. It's dreadfully unfair that equal consideration is not given to all members large and small regardless of how little they have actually done to deserve anything. I think now that this truth has been brought to light we shall surely see a mass opening of eyes followed by an exodus of players newly awoken to the evil machinations of the cult council. I only hope it's not a case of too little too late.

Also, I'm truly sorry you did not get whatever item you were surely most deserved of. I'm sure only the horrible unfairness of it all allowed you to break the spell you were under and escape. Oh what's that? You're staying anyway? You have to suffer further so you can spread the truth from inside? Well good luck to you my friend! I know it can't be easy to sit there being unjustly denied the loot you clearly deserve so much more than those greedy fucks it was awarded to! Just watching those assholes walking around with their shiny BiS items with their noses in the air has to be unbearable. Now surely no one can deny that the struggle is real.

Wonkie
04-24-2018, 03:37 PM
~not hiding behind my forum account~
blue: zarina - cleric / gumby - necromancer / park - ranger / lulls - enchanter / kiss - monk / pamela - shadowknight / barbarous - shaman / dolemite - paladin / patsy - bard / tick - wizard / cupid - rogue / jilena - warrior / magine - mage
red: trolling - shaman / lust - necro

perhaps you should

Baylan295
04-24-2018, 03:40 PM
perhaps you should

Jilena is the most entertaining part of this thread and a HQ plug.dj coordinator. Jilena for president.

Pyrrhica
04-24-2018, 03:42 PM
Jilena biggest loot whore

Dman2701
04-24-2018, 04:19 PM
So member of PS here, been with the guild about 2 months. This is a quick summary of the loot which is all displayed on our website for everyone to see. 29 item went to Non-officers and 7 items went to officer. ( to the best of my knowledge) .
Yes some of the best items went to officers..also some of the best didn't. They also put in vastly more work than majority of the members. TheWord must have felt entitled to an item that they got passed on and rage quit. So far i feel that PS has done an incredible job with loot council but it's obviously not for everyone, if your not thick skinned enough to do loot council there are plenty of guilds that do DKP.

Strux (non-officer) on Shield of Elders and Pyrrhica (Officer) on Claw of Phara Dar!
Tripsy (non-officer) on Grey Suede Boots, Bullie (non-officer) on Sword of the Shissar, Jilena (non-officer) on Veldrak's Shortblade
Rikyr (non-officer) on Beldron's Vambraces of Impiety (/jealous) and Stabithaa (non-officer) on Amulet of the Storm!
Isthmus (Officer) on Boots of the Destroyer and Baylan (non-officer) on Ancient Wurm Hide Robe!
Jigabyte (Officer) on Eye of Rigtorgn, Vortano (non-officer) on Circlet of Silver Skies and Segador (non-officer) on Cloak of Silver Eyes!
Badga (non-officer) on Crown of Resiliance from Jorlleag!
Snusnus (non-officer) and Bendain (non-officer) on Chestplate of Vindication and Ciniel (non-officer) on a pair of long-awaited Boots of the Vindicator
Aconite (Officer) on her shiny new Ring of Superiority
Greyfox (non-officer) on Hammer of Battle and Jacques(non-officer) on Reaver.
Firenze (non-officer) on War Bow of Rallos Zek
Runyan (Officer) on Ring of Dain Frostreaver IV, Cudle (non-officer) on Faceguard of Bentos the Hero and Ugaboog (non-officer) on Narandi's Lance!
Bullie (non-officer) on Green Dragon Scales from Severilous, Teml (non-officer) on Deepwater Breastplate from a five-toothed Trakanon and Greyfox (non-officer) on Runed Bolster Belt
Rhovanion (Officer) I think … on Shroud of Veeshan, Edric (non-officer) on Yunnb's Earring and Grimmand (non-officer) on Shield of Elders from Phara Dar!
Edric (non-officer) on Shissar Focus Staff from Druushk!
Gnorbet (Officer) on Eye of Cazic Thule
Baylan (non-officer) on Zombie Flesh Bracer and Happily(non-officer) on Berserkers Ring from Dracoliche!
Tattersail (non-officer) on Tvenken's Slippers of Silence
Strux (non-officer) on Transparent Eyepatch and Gummo(non-officer) on True Mithril Breastplate
Wishfulhopen (non-officer) on Ring of Dain Frostreaver IV

Wonkie
04-24-2018, 04:27 PM
So member of PS here, been with the guild about 2 months. This is a quick summary of the loot which is all displayed on our website for everyone to see. 29 item went to Non-officers and 7 items went to officer. ( to the best of my knowledge) .
Yes some of the best items went to officers..also some of the best didn't. They also put in vastly more work than majority of the members. TheWord must have felt entitled to an item that they got passed on and rage quit. So far i feel that PS has done an incredible job with loot council but it's obviously not for everyone, if your not thick skinned enough to do loot council there are plenty of guilds that do DKP.

Strux (non-officer) on Shield of Elders and Pyrrhica (Officer) on Claw of Phara Dar!
Tripsy (non-officer) on Grey Suede Boots, Bullie (non-officer) on Sword of the Shissar, Jilena (non-officer) on Veldrak's Shortblade
Rikyr (non-officer) on Beldron's Vambraces of Impiety (/jealous) and Stabithaa (non-officer) on Amulet of the Storm!
Isthmus (Officer) on Boots of the Destroyer and Baylan (non-officer) on Ancient Wurm Hide Robe!
Jigabyte (Officer) on Eye of Rigtorgn, Vortano (non-officer) on Circlet of Silver Skies and Segador (non-officer) on Cloak of Silver Eyes!
Badga (non-officer) on Crown of Resiliance from Jorlleag!
Snusnus (non-officer) and Bendain (non-officer) on Chestplate of Vindication and Ciniel (non-officer) on a pair of long-awaited Boots of the Vindicator
Greyfox (non-officer) on Hammer of Battle and Jacques(non-officer) on Reaver.
Firenze (non-officer) on War Bow of Rallos Zek
Runyan (Officer) on Ring of Dain Frostreaver IV, Cudle (non-officer) on Faceguard of Bentos the Hero and Ugaboog (non-officer) on Narandi's Lance!
Bullie (non-officer) on Green Dragon Scales from Severilous, Teml (non-officer) on Deepwater Breastplate from a five-toothed Trakanon and Greyfox (non-officer) on Runed Bolster Belt
Rhovanion (Officer) I think … on Shroud of Veeshan, Edric (non-officer) on Yunnb's Earring and Grimmand (non-officer) on Shield of Elders from Phara Dar!
Edric (non-officer) on Shissar Focus Staff from Druushk!
Baylan (non-officer) on Zombie Flesh Bracer and Happily(non-officer) on Berserkers Ring from Dracoliche!
Tattersail (non-officer) on Tvenken's Slippers of Silence
Strux (non-officer) on Transparent Eyepatch and Gummo(non-officer) on True Mithril Breastplate
Wishfulhopen (non-officer) on Ring of Dain Frostreaver IV

*reads list of officer alts*

kaev
04-24-2018, 05:05 PM
how many officers are in PS versus how many regular members?

29 loots to non-officers ... how many TOTAL non-officers are there

7 loots to officers ... how many TOTAL officers are there

I bow to you master, I hadn't realized Chest was in the thread.

Not one raid that I have attended since I rejoined PS has failed to award me loot, thank you Pyrrhica & Arcler!

Also, and this is a truly important note, DKP sucks necrotic donkey balls.

Wojtekd33
04-24-2018, 05:06 PM
i hate runyan

kaev
04-24-2018, 05:08 PM
i hate runyan

I am sad to say that I have only let Runyan die twice. Worse, it pains me to admit that I missed a perfect opportunity to get my hat trick during a joint raid when I was in Kittens.

Baylan295
04-24-2018, 05:10 PM
*reads list of officer alts*

We are all officer alts.

But seriously, this whole thread is people trying to shit on or figure out whether PS members are happy with loot. If they aren’t, they will leave or complain. If enough people leave or complain, the system will change or the guild will fold. For now, I’m just here to kill some dragons.

That being said, of the AM list this week, we were involved in or solo killed all but KT, ST, Vox and Naggy, and we picked up some mobs not on the list. Maybe I’ve benefitted from the way we do loot, and I haven’t been tagged long, but I haven’t had any objections about the allocation of loot. Sometimes things benefit long term and hard working members, sometimes they benefit the noobs like me. Either way, I’ll plan on hanging out in plug and doing fun shit with this group because it’s fun to kill dragons with them.

jilena
04-24-2018, 05:20 PM
This thread is way too serious. More shitposting please.

Baylan295
04-24-2018, 05:32 PM
This thread is way too serious. More shitposting please.

More peaches in plug plz

dromar
04-24-2018, 05:53 PM

For full transparency Gnorb and Aconite aren't officers. Sucks for them since they could have had triple the loot if they were!

reevesz
04-24-2018, 09:41 PM
If legday could count, he'd be furious at how many green scales PS has banked

Which is one, so I wouldn't flaunt that around..lol

Detoxx
04-24-2018, 09:49 PM
If legday could count, he'd be furious at how many green scales PS has banked

Grats on you Sev lockdown. Lol

Argh
04-24-2018, 10:53 PM
Quick to sweep that back under the rug.

Pezy
04-24-2018, 11:13 PM
Might be time for evil Aftermathians to start 4 manning Sev again???

Womp824
04-25-2018, 08:51 AM
I've always liked Paradigm Shift, but over the last few days on my EC mule Stabbitha and Scaledup have both sent me a message, then raged at me because I wouldn't lower the price of an item.

Guess they are inviting more and more toxics to the guild to compete with AM.

lol wat? Scaledup here, recently got back from about 5 months off and have been tunnelquesting as I figure out who I want to play. I've had dozens of deals over the past couple of weeks and the only discussion that stands out as a negative was some guy who was trying to sell 3 bard weapons as a package deal only, and over charging for them. When I commented on the price he went off on me saying I should pay MORE for convenience. I had to end up putting him on ignore. So if that was you, kudos for being stupid and then twisting it around in your mind.

24kanthony
04-25-2018, 01:18 PM
I fail to see how our officers, whom put in so much time and work, would have any less loot in a dkp system. Seems to me like they earn what they take but whatever.

Kesselring
04-25-2018, 03:34 PM
Holding loot for a week to make a decision is greasy and ridiculous. If youre participating in a "raid" or whatever, give it to someone who's actually there.

Does paradigm not award loot to the people there? Because every other guild pretty much does. The only exceptions are if they were ninja looted or rotted accidentally I would assume.

Pyrrhica
04-25-2018, 05:04 PM
Does paradigm not award loot to the people there? Because every other guild pretty much does. The only exceptions are if they were ninja looted or rotted accidentally I would assume.

Items are awarded to those present. If no one needs an item it is awarded later, typically. The one exception is something like Green/White Scales.

mattydef
04-25-2018, 05:14 PM
Items are awarded to those present. If no one needs an item it is awarded later, typically. The one exception is something like Green/White Scales.

Makes sense. Just out of curiosity, if a member were to turn around and sell the green scale for profit, how would you guys handle that? Would you guys want to be guilded with a person like that?

Goodest
04-25-2018, 05:14 PM
Noun
: a philosophical and theoretical framework of a scientific school or discipline within which theories, laws, and generalizations and the experiments performed in support of them are formulated the Freudian paradigm of psychoanalysis; broadly : a philosophical or theoretical framework of any kind
Short
a framework containing the basic assumptions, ways of thinking, and methodology that are commonly accepted by members of a scientific community.
Verb:
to get along by indirect methods; use any expediency, trick, or evasion to get along or succeed:
Noun:
a change or transfer from one place, position, direction, person, etc., to another:

Goodest
04-25-2018, 05:16 PM
Makes sense. Just out of curiosity, if a member were to turn around and sell the green scale for profit, how would you guys handle that? Would you guys want to be guilded with a person like that?

WTT green scales for earth staff quick before the officers find out.

24kanthony
04-25-2018, 08:55 PM

Awarded gear is not to be turned around and sold without at least going over it with the officers first. If you got a scale, you also got "grats on your epic" tells from the whole guild.
We have a whole rules section on our website for anyone interested.

maskedmelon
04-25-2018, 09:59 PM
Awarded gear is not to be turned around and sold without at least going over it with the officers first. If you got a scale, you also got "grats on your epic" tells from the whole guild.
We have a whole rules section on our website for anyone interested.

do you hafta return your droppables when you leave the guild too?

slurm3
04-26-2018, 10:52 AM
Pyrrhica is a piece of water trash who does nothing but steal loot that is rightfully mine. PD claw will not be forgotten

jilena
04-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Pyrrhica is a piece of water trash who does nothing but steal loot that is rightfully mine. PD claw will not be forgotten

You take back what you said about the great leader you ghoulboy fuck! Paradise Shirts loot council is always right and you should accept their word as if it were the word of god.

branamil
04-26-2018, 04:55 PM
remember when AM wiped to vindi twice in an hour last week?

FALSE.

It took about 90 minutes to recover and wipe again.

Pezy
04-26-2018, 07:34 PM
remember when AM wiped to vindi twice in an hour last week?

No I wasn't there, pretty sad though if true.

Xanzin
04-26-2018, 09:37 PM
I loved Zarina before this thread... Now "love" doesn't do the feels justice.

maskedmelon
04-27-2018, 09:58 AM
Jilena is mad.
All of these posts do not lie.
It makes me so sad.

Robbintha Hood
04-27-2018, 12:44 PM
Jilena is mad.
It makes me so sad.

Maskedmelon is wrong.
Filbus is a cock monger.
Y’all can suck my dong.

Wfrench1234
04-27-2018, 06:00 PM

This is Denzallo...first off I have been in this guild since the very very start. Yes I did get a Shawl, but I never got Grey Suede Boots. In over a year I got one item. Sue me. And I played every day for months after I got the shawl of protection. Never seen again? You asshole, I just had my second kid the first week of March and am prioritizing sleep over elf sim currently, something which i have been transparent with the guild about...your info is pretty classic , if only it were true. Wish I knew a toon name to associate with this swill.

jilena
04-27-2018, 06:12 PM
Jilena is mad.
It makes me so sad.

Maskedmelon has
Uncovered my raging.
Refrigerator.

Robbintha Hood
04-27-2018, 06:40 PM
Maskedmelon has
Uncovered my raging.
Refrigerator.

Skuc
04-27-2018, 09:00 PM
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Some of you may be really good EQers and smash p99's guts out, but as human beings you need to go back to the drawing board. I'm incredibly proud of PS for what it is *not* and you don't get the right to claim we are anything, until you come see for yourself.

Our actions are interactions. Judge someone by their actions, sure. But civil communications are paramount in understanding anyone. Come do shit with me, I'm bored.

js

And Aalpha cannot have Sky thanks. Was fun to see Pint's name again, so thanks OP <3

Fatty Jay
04-29-2018, 04:06 AM
I am hearing a lot of good and bad, but really I see no solid evidence that supports loot council...
DKP is a fair system, loot council is fair from a biased perspective.

AmazingLoot
04-29-2018, 07:08 AM
First, if you look at any guild on this server, the top brass of the guild (leader and officers) are some of, if not the, best geared within their respective guilds, regardless of loot distribution system. So, saying LC guild awards best items to its officers is a moot point. That's like saying Aftermath DKP system is unfair because Detoxx, Alde, et all. have amazing gear, or Awakened DKP system is biased because Eratani, Kelz, and Happyhealz have amazing gear. Or that DKP systems are crazy in that a druid won the very first Yelinak head in BG (oh, he also happened to be the guild leader... hmm....)

Truth is, any loot distribution system is only fair if the leadership designs it so, and people support it. There's plenty of people who complain about unfair stuff in DKP guilds. I've had people in some DKP guilds complain to me that officers hog all the best DKP generating tracking/activities, or that officers do spot awards of DKP to make sure their favored crew always have the DKP they need for any item they want.

Or, your guild is struggling on an encounter, and you spend 5 hours pulling and clearing but earn the same DKP as the dude who logs in 2 minutes before the kill and earns the same amount of DKP (because it's dragon kill points, after all)? Or you are actively working to make sure your force is ready or pulling a dragon, and I'm the DPS monk playing PUBG or Dota2 with EQ minimized and GINA triggers for when someone checks to see if I'm really just AFK?

On almost every guild on this server, DKP never decays, so what about the dude who earned a ton of DKP two years ago doing small, easy stuff (because at that point, the guild was smaller/less skilled and was rewarding more DKP for easy stuff) randomly reappears and has more DKP than the folks who've spent months trying to down more difficult content but with less DKP to show for it?

And that's just earning DKP. How about spending it? Is it really fair that that you and I both want the same item, I have 1900 DKP and you have 1700, so the first time it drops, you bid 1700, forcing me to bid 1701 to get it, then the 2nd time it drops, I snag it for 5 DKP because no one else bid? If 1 dkp = 1 hour of raiding or 1 kill, didn't you just have to do way, way more work to get the same item? How's that fair? What about the dude who (because it never decays), logs in after a 6 month hiatus because he sees a Vulak batphone and blows his DKP and gets the item over the people who worked to make sure his guild could even kill Vulak?

Or, I play a rarely played class (ie: paladin or shadowknight), so I can pick up a ton of class-specific but amazing gear for very little DKP, and thus have plenty of DKP left to outbid others for all/all stuff (so I get more of the best all/all items simply because I can save more than say, a monk or warrior who has a lot of competition.) Granted, you have to play one of those classes, so I guess there's fairness in that.

A LC system can account for, and solve, for all of the problems above. In truth, so can a DKP system if the people running it are fair and sane. It all comes down to trust in the leadership and how the system is designed. Both DKP and LC can work, or fail, as they have, did and do on classic EQ, on p1999, and on any other MMORPG out there.

That being said, I personally know that the LC at PS had the audacity to give someone an amazing item off the Statue of Rallos Zek - to a dude who is not even 60, rarely raids and plays a scrub class no one thinks has a purpose (other than dying). Said dude logs in infrequently and has limited playtime, yet wastes his time helping guild members farm consumables, tracking down winged horses and random frogs and asking in /gu if anyone needs the services of his (useless) class. Officer favoritism at its worst.

shortshot444
04-29-2018, 07:55 AM
They never claimed it was fair, take it or leave it that is up to you. Paradigm is a guild in a game you can choose to join(given they accept) or leave when you please. PS leadership enjoys loot council and that is their call. I personally enjoyed my time in paradigm and there are many many great people in the leadership and the guild as a whole. But loot council is a system in which you have little to no control and the guild "leader" may and will be given whatever he pleases and continue to brag/mock as you can see in threads such as this. At the end of the day paradigm is a a great guild but loot council is inherently flawed because we are human at the end of the day. I wish paradigm the best of luck you guys will be fine without whomever has issue with things silly as this myself included. I do remember a time when paradigms leadership supposedly lead by example, loot included but as paradigm progressed as a guild and moved on those ideals faded FAST!

Jokesteve
04-29-2018, 09:47 AM
how many officers are in PS versus how many regular members?

29 loots to non-officers ... how many TOTAL non-officers are there

7 loots to officers ... how many TOTAL officers are there

This shit right here.

Pyrrhica
04-29-2018, 11:44 AM
I bet PS would have picked up far more AW members if they were using dkp.

Most likely, but who says we even wanted to. No offense to A/A but we play the game our way and it has brought us some relative success. We're in no rush to conquer Velious with zerg and the people in this guild give far too few fucks to dominate anything. We get what we get and have fun doing it.

They never claimed it was fair, take it or leave it that is up to you. Paradigm is a guild in a game you can choose to join(given they accept) or leave when you please. PS leadership enjoys loot council and that is their call. I personally enjoyed my time in paradigm and there are many many great people in the leadership and the guild as a whole. But loot council is a system in which you have little to no control and the guild "leader" may and will be given whatever he pleases and continue to brag/mock as you can see in threads such as this. At the end of the day paradigm is a a great guild but loot council is inherently flawed because we are human at the end of the day. I wish paradigm the best of luck you guys will be fine without whomever has issue with things silly as this myself included. I do remember a time when paradigms leadership supposedly lead by example, loot included but as paradigm progressed as a guild and moved on those ideals faded FAST!

You'll always have outliers with any loot system where people rage out after not getting what they want and make silly anonymous RnFs. Members by and large seem pretty happy with things. If they weren't happy the guild would die or the system would change. We've had a small handful of people leave over loot the past two years and you were (surprisingly) one of them.

Sorry you didn't get picked, Funz.

jilena
04-29-2018, 11:52 AM
This shit right here.

To be fair any thread like this where the OP is clearly crying about pixels he no doubt deserves more than whatever deceitful lying bastard officer who ended up with them can really only be answered with mockery. Preferably in haiku.

No loots for you bitch.
Cry some more in rants and flames.
Thank you officers.

roziak87
04-29-2018, 12:00 PM
I understand the distrust a lot of people have towards LC. Sure, it's definitely open to corruption-whatever. But from my perspective it seems fair; and for me, that's enough. I have way more fun killing shit and hanging out with people to really care about what rogue got passed up on this BIS item, or what warrior is fucking raging because they didn't get the armor they wanted. Sorry you don't get an extra 15 HP dude, it's fucking heartbreaking I know.

Wonkie
04-29-2018, 12:15 PM
love it or leave it is a piggish sentiment, PS officers

stront
04-29-2018, 12:24 PM
love it or leave it is a piggish sentiment, PS officers

Oink, Oink.

-Strux

Jokesteve
04-29-2018, 12:35 PM
I understand the distrust a lot of people have towards LC. Sure, it's definitely open to corruption-whatever. But from my perspective it seems fair; and for me, that's enough. I have way more fun killing shit and hanging out with people to really care about what rogue got passed up on this BIS item, or what warrior is fucking raging because they didn't get the armor they wanted. Sorry you don't get an extra 15 HP dude, it's fucking heartbreaking I know.

You can hang out with people with a DKP system all the same, except without favoritism of a loot council - heartbreaking I know.

jilena
04-29-2018, 01:26 PM
You can hang out with people with a DKP system all the same, except without favoritism of a loot council - heartbreaking I know.

That is a lie. That is a goddamned lie.

arsenalpow
04-29-2018, 05:36 PM
LC works fine, otherwise you have necros trying to bid on Abashi’s and shit.

Fabby
04-29-2018, 11:22 PM
Thank you OP! Not for being a pixel whore bitch baby but for making a thread that actually got some good dialog going. I appreciate it!

Nibblewitz
04-29-2018, 11:34 PM

The necro should get the abashi's if they are tracking and pulling. If the monks don't want the necro to get the abashi's then they step the fuck up.

Spearheads sharpening spearheads.

Detoxx
04-30-2018, 01:23 AM

Worked well for you guys, eh?

kjs86z
04-30-2018, 12:13 PM
First, if you look at any guild on this server, the top brass of the guild (leader and officers) are some of, if not the, best geared within their respective guilds, regardless of loot distribution system. So, saying LC guild awards best items to its officers is a moot point. That's like saying Aftermath DKP system is unfair because Detoxx, Alde, et all. have amazing gear, or Awakened DKP system is biased because Eratani, Kelz, and Happyhealz have amazing gear. Or that DKP systems are crazy in that a druid won the very first Yelinak head in BG (oh, he also happened to be the guild leader... hmm....)

Truth is, any loot distribution system is only fair if the leadership designs it so, and people support it. There's plenty of people who complain about unfair stuff in DKP guilds. I've had people in some DKP guilds complain to me that officers hog all the best DKP generating tracking/activities, or that officers do spot awards of DKP to make sure their favored crew always have the DKP they need for any item they want.

Or, your guild is struggling on an encounter, and you spend 5 hours pulling and clearing but earn the same DKP as the dude who logs in 2 minutes before the kill and earns the same amount of DKP (because it's dragon kill points, after all)? Or you are actively working to make sure your force is ready or pulling a dragon, and I'm the DPS monk playing PUBG or Dota2 with EQ minimized and GINA triggers for when someone checks to see if I'm really just AFK?

On almost every guild on this server, DKP never decays, so what about the dude who earned a ton of DKP two years ago doing small, easy stuff (because at that point, the guild was smaller/less skilled and was rewarding more DKP for easy stuff) randomly reappears and has more DKP than the folks who've spent months trying to down more difficult content but with less DKP to show for it?

And that's just earning DKP. How about spending it? Is it really fair that that you and I both want the same item, I have 1900 DKP and you have 1700, so the first time it drops, you bid 1700, forcing me to bid 1701 to get it, then the 2nd time it drops, I snag it for 5 DKP because no one else bid? If 1 dkp = 1 hour of raiding or 1 kill, didn't you just have to do way, way more work to get the same item? How's that fair? What about the dude who (because it never decays), logs in after a 6 month hiatus because he sees a Vulak batphone and blows his DKP and gets the item over the people who worked to make sure his guild could even kill Vulak?

Or, I play a rarely played class (ie: paladin or shadowknight), so I can pick up a ton of class-specific but amazing gear for very little DKP, and thus have plenty of DKP left to outbid others for all/all stuff (so I get more of the best all/all items simply because I can save more than say, a monk or warrior who has a lot of competition.) Granted, you have to play one of those classes, so I guess there's fairness in that.

A LC system can account for, and solve, for all of the problems above. In truth, so can a DKP system if the people running it are fair and sane. It all comes down to trust in the leadership and how the system is designed. Both DKP and LC can work, or fail, as they have, did and do on classic EQ, on p1999, and on any other MMORPG out there.

That being said, I personally know that the LC at PS had the audacity to give someone an amazing item off the Statue of Rallos Zek - to a dude who is not even 60, rarely raids and plays a scrub class no one thinks has a purpose (other than dying). Said dude logs in infrequently and has limited playtime, yet wastes his time helping guild members farm consumables, tracking down winged horses and random frogs and asking in /gu if anyone needs the services of his (useless) class. Officer favoritism at its worst.

Great post.

Baylan295
04-30-2018, 12:27 PM

I don’t think I was tagged for when this happened, but Lano for President.

jilena
04-30-2018, 09:02 PM
The greatest difference between LC and DKP, is that LC places individuals' fates in the hands of a select few. DKP places it with the individual. Both are corruptible, but the fundamental difference is a deferrence to authority and preference or lack thereof for an even playing field.

LC also functions more closely as a skinner box promoting addictive behavior by randomizing rewards. Keep pressing the button and you might receive a reward when someone feels you deserve it. You can't plan for it or manage your time to achieve it, you just hafta keep pulling the lever and hope the numbers line up :c

not an indictment on PS, lotta nice people in there.

LC also gives a small up and coming guild the ability to put gear where it really counts to push through increasingly more difficult content. While it's not "fair" that the main tank(s), dps, and clerics get geared out quicker than anyone else... It certainly makes it possible to kill harder targets faster. If you start with DKP the loot distribution is certainly more "fair" but handing out a single piece of loot to everyone in the guild before one person gets a second piece it's going to take longer to progress than if you quickly gear up your tanks/healers/rogues/etc.

Then of course the bigger you get the more of a clusterfuck LC becomes and the more appealing DKP becomes. So I think LC to start with transition into DKP is the powerplay. Preferably after all officer alts are geared of course.

Wonkie
04-30-2018, 09:42 PM
LC also gives a small up and coming guild the ability to put gear where it really counts to push through increasingly more difficult content. While it's not "fair" that the main tank(s), dps, and clerics get geared out quicker than anyone else... It certainly makes it possible to kill harder targets faster. If you start with DKP the loot distribution is certainly more "fair" but handing out a single piece of loot to everyone in the guild before one person gets a second piece it's going to take longer to progress than if you quickly gear up your tanks/healers/rogues/etc.

Then of course the bigger you get the more of a clusterfuck LC becomes and the more appealing DKP becomes. So I think LC to start with transition into DKP is the powerplay. Preferably after all officer alts are geared of course.

rogue gear is extremely pointless other than primals.

cleric gear, too. adding 1 more cleric is more valuable than 3 months of farming.

hope this helps!

Wfrench1234
04-30-2018, 10:19 PM
I don’t think I was tagged for when this happened, but Lano for President.

God forbid a nice human being get rewarded for being a nice human being. Guy would be 60 ten times over if he wasn’t always donating his time to help others. 9 out of 10 PS members owe their levi cloak to him.

Wonkie
04-30-2018, 10:48 PM
Lmao so true

Nothing like loot council to saturate your raid force with necro and druid mains bc mains get priority

With DKP you can show up on your useful raid toon and bid your your cuck alt

Fucking retards

she's 2/3 wrong so she's dumber than 3/5ths ppls

Swish2
05-01-2018, 01:35 AM
BDA needs to come back to P99 so Lord Bob can have a guild to consistently shit on.

That's why you won't see them :rolleyes:

Detoxx
05-01-2018, 06:18 AM
That's why you won't see them :rolleyes:

BDA has proven they suck whether content is rotated or contested. They sucked here, they sucked on Progression servers.

shortshot444
05-01-2018, 06:26 AM
Naww not to much druid love in PS LC, i had to try wayyy to hard to get an item such as Elder Spirits off 40th track (Sold for Guildbank) . Let alone win a LC on non-druid only item. But i am not sour like i said previously any participation in a loot council guild such as PS, and like any other guild out here is voluntary. And i sure did't leave the guild because i didn't receive and item. I didn't expect to win said item (I expected someone whos name starts with a G to be up for this one HONESTLY) , i left because of WHO won said item. Being in a system with no control and losing 3 large LC items in a row to the same individual in a relatively short period of time. Call me and others a loot whore all you would like, and laugh. That sure is convent i guess. I dont deny the position im taking is one of entitlement sure i can admit that in some part. Im sure some of you know who i am and i will tell you my best item left from parting is the many good memories. ( Oh Shiz and the track bp i click it daily even tho some may not see the value.)

For my time in the guild LC worked pretty well for the mostt part.... Killing with a great smaller core of people you get to know them well. In an environment such as it was back then a system like this can work much more efficiently. At the end of the day only those in the guild really need care about the system. Good Luck Paradigm Shift on recent big killz and gratz on the AG PS kill tonight ! We used to joke about how a good RNF is just how you know you have hit the "scene" as a way of putting it. This is my 2nd rants and flames post ever so.... not sure if its fun? i think not? Can i Win... No never not in RNF.... It could be said once you enter RNF nobody wins :P . Its easy to Rant and Flame, but i am sure some of you know how much work these "loot systems" take i have not done it personally , but let me say its a thankless job and should not be perceived as a easy task . I way always happy to see other very deserving members beat me on items, but you know the 3 peat... ya know the first time then he heating up then hes on FIRE and you cant stop someone once they are on fire if NBA jam taught you annnything comeon.

Treelord - If you dont know mee oooooo well enjoy! :)

shortshot444
05-01-2018, 07:01 AM
Correct me if im wrong but Paradigm Shift as a guild was founded because of Loot dispute, not unlike this one. Where they or we all loot whores? where they or are we crying about loot. In this Way you Can see things go full circle i am sure Sheys? can respect the irony.

jilena
05-01-2018, 10:03 AM
I don't think having a DKP system would have really changed any of this. Whatever can be said of officer loot distribution in PS... The majority of the officers are also the core of the raid force. Attending pretty much every raid would result in higher DKP anyway unless they are just constantly spending it picking up items (which doesn't seem to be the case).

Also to my previous comments about loot... Certainly if you have unlimited bodies to kill any given target the loot distribution matters less. More dps/healers is likely more effective than better geared dps/healers. When numbers are limited though it seems like having gear based improvements where it matters most has the biggest potential impact. *shrug*

valaka
05-01-2018, 10:39 AM
There are issues with both systems imo. The best system I have been a part of was a simple dkp system where every item has a set price and the person who has the highest total dkp that put in for the item wins it for a specific price.

Argh
05-01-2018, 11:09 AM
Also, Rampage had a loot council. Can't say it worked out for everyone, but it definately worked out for me. When one guild gets every loot in Velious a new warrior can end up with 20+ raid items looted in 3 months. #goodoldays

Rampage also kept track of DKP, which made most of the decisions easier (and quantifiable) and much more transparent, as members could see the same information the officers were using to make the decisions.

I think the main reason loot council worked well in Rampage was simply because of the sheer amount of loot rampage got.

Wonkie
05-01-2018, 11:22 AM
I don't think having a DKP system would have really changed any of this. Whatever can be said of officer loot distribution in PS... The majority of the officers are also the core of the raid force. Attending pretty much every raid would result in higher DKP anyway unless they are just constantly spending it picking up items (which doesn't seem to be the case).

Also to my previous comments about loot... Certainly if you have unlimited bodies to kill any given target the loot distribution matters less. More dps/healers is likely more effective than better geared dps/healers. When numbers are limited though it seems like having gear based improvements where it matters most has the biggest potential impact. *shrug*

if numbers are limited, its a recruiting issue.

examining your loot policy may help with that

Baylan295
05-01-2018, 12:04 PM

I don’t think PS does much active recruiting. I found it because I grouped with someone’s alt (who has logged on like twice since he told me I should consider it...). I’m pretty sure that’s how 95% of the people I’ve seen join have done so. There is... not much content we can’t do solo - and we do team ups when appropriate for that content.

Pyrrhica
05-01-2018, 12:07 PM
Correct me if im wrong but Paradigm Shift as a guild was founded because of Loot dispute, not unlike this one. Where they or we all loot whores? where they or are we crying about loot. In this Way you Can see things go full circle i am sure Sheys? can respect the irony.

You're wrong. Paradigm Shift wasn't formed over loot drama. Some of the early core of the guild left Ill Tempered Sea Bass after the guild leader (Shea) threw one too many tantrums including an epic meltdown in ToV that saw half the guild disband on the spot after he began accusing members of being "Taken spies" when we bumped up against a scheduled Taken HoT raid.

The guild today has no connection to events from 2.5 years ago outside of maybe half a dozen active players that were in ITSB together.

If you wanna drink the Shea/Fountree crazy Kool-Aid have fun with that tho.

Supaskillz
05-01-2018, 12:49 PM
I love the whole "spy" thing. What are these secret agents learning? Raid strategies that have not been thought of in the past 17 years? Death timers with two quakes/mo creating a short window when every mob dies ? What are these closely guarded secrets ?

jilena
05-01-2018, 01:05 PM

Now you are just talking nonsense. If you recruit a bunch of plebs the amount of loot required to keep the masses from revolting increases and there is less loot to spread between the officer alts.

Wonkie
05-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Now you are just talking nonsense. If you recruit a bunch of plebs the amount of loot required to keep the masses from revolting increases and there is less loot to spread between the officer alts.

did i pass the bar?

Robbintha Hood
05-01-2018, 01:55 PM
I heard that's the core of PS was kicked from ITSB for being Taken spies and then when Taken/Rampage merged they would not let you guys join in order to keep the secret - Only at that point was PS formed. Pretty pathetic/sad if you ask me.

I heard this from a couple ppl in the know as well

jabic
05-01-2018, 03:04 PM
This is my first post to an RnF thread.

I have been on this server for several years now (since mid-late Kunark), played both hardcore and casually in a number of guilds (such as Indignation, Super Friends, Radiant), done a decent job gearing my main in that time, and several months ago joined PS when I came back to P99 for a stint (I had found a number of my former guildies tagged in PS).

Although I am in PS, I am not (and will never be) part of the core, regular player base, mostly because of work and life demands and, frankly, the fact that I have been playing P99 long enough that I only enjoy the game in smaller doses at this point, so only a small percentage of my free time goes to P99. Having said that, I believe that I have had the opportunity to see the innerworkings of PS, including its culture and officers' administration of loot council.

Frankly, the culture is pretty damn sane. I have found it to be a fine place for a dusty old shadow knight to spend his semi-retirement--where he can see all of the end-game content and play as little or as much as he likes in a relatively relaxed environment. On behalf of the guild, I have seen officers take the high ground a number of times when the guild finds itself in tough spots--for instance, by teaming up with other guilds to avoid train/petition-fests or conceding a mob out of an abundance of caution. I have never heard an officer berate a member on TS3 or in guild chat. Yes, here and there a critical comment will be made when things are not going swimmingly, but the comment will be constructive and made in a calm voice or, in the case of guild chat, a matter-of-fact, unmalicious style. I do not consider myself to be "friends" with any of the officers or, honestly, the vast, vast majority of the members, but I have found the bulk of PS folks to be levelheaded and to possess a healthy dose of perspective.

As for loot council, I really have not kept track of the officer-member distribution of items during my couple of stints on P99 since joining PS. But, nothing has struck me as outrageous or piggish. I do know that the officers have made detailed posts in the members forums explaining their loot council process and inviting comments and questions on general and particular loot decisions. I do know that I have seen phenomenal items go to both core and casual/new players. Case and point for the latter: I was awarded my first piece of loot in PS the other day, a beautiful 41% haste two-hander off a ToV dragon. Maybe it was contested, maybe it was going to be alt fodder, who knows/cares? But, it was a nice gesture, and more than a few officers and members alike took the time to congratulate me via /tell over the next day or so, despite my residence at the relative margins of the guild and my very-recent return to active playing.

I guess what I am getting at is that I have seen the gamut of raid guilds come and go since mid-late Kunark--and been part of a couple of them--and PS is really just its own thing, and a pretty quality thing at that, particularly by P99 standards. Its not perfect for everyone, but it is solid and fitting for a fair number of someones. Coming from a fairly fringe PS member with little to gain or lose in the guild by what he says, some of the demonization here seems--based on my experience with PS--sensationalist at best and, well, dishonest at worst.

-Greevtox/Orremis

kjs86z
05-01-2018, 03:14 PM
This is my first post to an RnF thread.

I have been on this server for several years now (since mid-late Kunark), played both hardcore and casually in a number of guilds (such as Indignation, Super Friends, Radiant), done a decent job gearing my main in that time, and several months ago joined PS when I came back to P99 for a stint (I had found a number of my former guildies tagged in PS).

Although I am in PS, I am not (and will never be) part of the core, regular player base, mostly because of work and life demands and, frankly, the fact that I have been playing P99 long enough that I only enjoy the game in smaller doses at this point, so only a small percentage of my free time goes to P99. Having said that, I believe that I have had the opportunity to see the innerworkings of PS, including its culture and officers' administration of loot council.

Frankly, the culture is pretty damn sane. I have found it to be a fine place for a dusty old shadow knight to spend his semi-retirement--where he can see all of the end-game content and play as little or as much as he likes in a relatively relaxed environment. On behalf of the guild, I have seen officers take the high ground a number of times when the guild finds itself in tough spots--for instance, by teaming up with other guilds to avoid train/petition-fests or conceding a mob out of an abundance of caution. I have never heard an officer berate a member on TS3 or in guild chat. Yes, here and there a critical comment will be made when things are not going swimmingly, but the comment will be constructive and made in a calm voice or, in the case of guild chat, a matter-of-fact, unmalicious style. I do not consider myself to be "friends" with any of the officers or, honestly, the vast, vast majority of the members, but I have found the bulk of PS folks to be levelheaded and to possess a healthy dose of perspective.

As for loot council, I really have not kept track of the officer-member distribution of items during my couple of stints on P99 since joining PS. But, nothing has struck me as outrageous or piggish. I do know that the officers have made detailed posts in the members forums explaining their loot council process and inviting comments and questions on general and particular loot decisions. I do know that I have seen phenomenal items go to both core and casual/new players. Case and point for the latter: I was awarded my first piece of loot in PS the other day, a beautiful 41% haste two-hander off a ToV dragon. Maybe it was contested, maybe it was going to be alt fodder, who knows/cares? But, it was a nice gesture, and more than a few officers and members alike took the time to congratulate me via /tell over the next day or so, despite my residence at the relative margins of the guild and my very-recent return to active playing.

I guess what I am getting at is that I have seen the gamut of raid guilds come and go since mid-late Kunark--and been part of a couple of them--and PS is really just its own thing, and a pretty quality thing at that, particularly by P99 standards. Its not perfect for everyone, but it is solid and fitting for a fair number of someones. Coming from a fairly fringe PS member with little to gain or lose in the guild by what he says, some of the demonization here seems--based on my experience with PS--sensationalist at best and, well, dishonest at worst.

-Greevtox/Orremis

Well said. Hit the nail right on the head.

PS really is a great group of level headed folks. I enjoy the light-hearted chat in both /gu and teamspeak.

jilena
05-01-2018, 03:48 PM
did i pass the bar?

Yes. You are now a young lawyer. Please use your powers for good.

Mead
05-01-2018, 04:05 PM
19 pages and I just realized it said paradigm shit

phatogre
05-01-2018, 04:44 PM
i have done well with PS loot council, and the leadership is great, but that does not meant it isn't fundamentally flawed system. Just like a dictatorship can be benevolent and prosperous, but at high risk of corruption/damage/mutiny, the loot council system puts a huge human element into the loot distribution, wehereas DKP keeps a players fate in their own hands. i would not want to go to my job every week if my boss decided if I got goods that week or not, i would rather earn money and spend it as I see fit. whether or not the PS loot council is corrupt is really beside the point, what it does by default is add a lot of "feeling" and emotionalism into a process which should really be mechanical.

The other problem is that it creates a sort of "we are not worthy" culture from members around the leadership (probably not intended) because you really want to stroke the ego/not offend the people who decide what loot you get when you may spend 20-30 hours raiding per week. i would prefer officers were involved in leadership only, and let DKP decide loot. For exsample, we did PoG yesterday and got terrible lootz from Tunare and spent 8+ hours there, and if you did not get a drop pretty much all that time was wasted unless you worked on Officer Faction during the raid (be as talky as possible/be a useful class). it really just isn't pleasant for a end game raiding guild, even with the flaws dkp systems has.

jilena
05-01-2018, 06:27 PM
The other problem is that it creates a sort of "we are not worthy" culture from members around the leadership (probably not intended) because you really want to stroke the ego/not offend the people who decide what loot you get when you may spend 20-30 hours raiding per week. i would prefer officers were involved in leadership only, and let DKP decide loot. For exsample, we did PoG yesterday and got terrible lootz from Tunare and spent 8+ hours there, and if you did not get a drop pretty much all that time was wasted unless you worked on Officer Faction during the raid (be as talky as possible/be a useful class). it really just isn't pleasant for a end game raiding guild, even with the flaws dkp systems has.

What the fuck are you talking about? This is hands down the best part of PS. Kicking back, watching all the greedy fucks nutriding the shit out of the officer pool... Then seeing them all butthurt and posting on RNF with some throwaway account when it doesn't work out for them. This is what makes PS a magical place. You can earn dragon bucks to soullessly accumulate loot just about anywhere on P99. Why would you want to kill the human element of PS and the joy to be had in all the tears it brings?! Take your cold lifeless fairness and shove it up your ass! Bring me the tears of lootwhores!

phatogre
05-01-2018, 06:40 PM
What the fuck are you talking about? This is hands down the best part of PS. Kicking back, watching all the greedy fucks nutriding the shit out of the officer pool... Then seeing them all butthurt and posting on RNF with some throwaway account when it doesn't work out for them. This is what makes PS a magical place. You can earn dragon bucks to soullessly accumulate loot just about anywhere on P99. Why would you want to kill the human element of PS and the joy to be had in all the tears it brings?! Take your cold lifeless fairness and shove it up your ass! Bring me the tears of lootwhores!

actually u r right, keep it the same

Detoxx
05-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Rampage also kept track of DKP, which made most of the decisions easier (and quantifiable) and much more transparent, as members could see the same information the officers were using to make the decisions.

I think the main reason loot council worked well in Rampage was simply because of the sheer amount of loot rampage got.

Was the same system TMO used. I was in TMO during the 2.5 years uncontested. There was very very few issues with LC when you kill everything. Its when you start losing that it becomes an issue or when you barely kill anything at all.

Ella`Ella
05-01-2018, 09:51 PM
For exsample, we did PoG yesterday and got terrible lootz from Tunare and spent 8+ hours there, and if you did not get a drop pretty much all that time was wasted unless you worked on Officer Faction during the raid (be as talky as possible/be a useful class). it really just isn't pleasant for a end game raiding guild, even with the flaws dkp systems has.

If you played the game for 8 hours and feel like the time was wasted because you didn't get any loot, then you truly are wasting time.

They say "time spent doing something you enjoy isn't time wasted"

...You should rethink your choices...

Skuc
05-02-2018, 09:25 AM
Here's the visual I keep getting from these trolls with the lame insults. It's like someone challenged them to a breakdance fight, and:

https://i.imgur.com/YF2LLFX.gif

By all means don't stop, but you do know you look like a fool, right?

Baylan295
05-02-2018, 09:34 AM
i have done well with PS loot council, and the leadership is great, but that does not meant it isn't fundamentally flawed system. Just like a dictatorship can be benevolent and prosperous, but at high risk of corruption/damage/mutiny, the loot council system puts a huge human element into the loot distribution, wehereas DKP keeps a players fate in their own hands. i would not want to go to my job every week if my boss decided if I got goods that week or not, i would rather earn money and spend it as I see fit. whether or not the PS loot council is corrupt is really beside the point, what it does by default is add a lot of "feeling" and emotionalism into a process which should really be mechanical.

If you go to PoG you know that there are only going to be like 4-5 drops max in 8 hours. 1-2 off Prince, 1-3 off Tunare. Everything else drops Thurg quality Velious armor. I think I’ve seem that 40 hp/40 mana belt drop once in two trips (and I was there for most of both clears...). You go to PoG because it’s cool and there are a couple of AMAZING drops, not because you want to maximize loot/time. That happened the day before when we got something like 35 pieces for 50ish people in 8-9 hours during the earthquake.

I know not everyone walked away with something on Sunday, but man there was a lot of loot.

Just facts
05-02-2018, 10:16 AM
If you played the game for 8 hours and feel like the time was wasted because you didn't get any loot, then you truly are wasting time.

They say "time spent doing something you enjoy isn't time wasted"

...You should rethink your choices...

/what he said

phatogre
05-02-2018, 11:40 AM
If you go to PoG you know that there are only going to be like 4-5 drops max in 8 hours. 1-2 off Prince, 1-3 off Tunare. Everything else drops Thurg quality Velious armor. I think I’ve seem that 40 hp/40 mana belt drop once in two trips (and I was there for most of both clears...). You go to PoG because it’s cool and there are a couple of AMAZING drops, not because you want to maximize loot/time. That happened the day before when we got something like 35 pieces for 50ish people in 8-9 hours during the earthquake.

I know not everyone walked away with something on Sunday, but man there was a lot of loot.

you are misunderstanding me, i am not saying PoG should be a loot fest, what i am saying is that AG had exaxtly the same experience as PS EXCEPT they also earned DKP during the raid which could go to somethign else. as in, you can have the same cool raids with amazing drops but on a different system.

@Ella`Ella/Just Facts: i meant the time was wasted versus doing it with any other raiding guild, as in my return on investment of time is ambiguous rather than transparent. let's not pretend that everything you do on raids is a super great rewarding fun time (wipes, stress, mistakes, loot drama, etc). the game is still very enjoyable and so is raiding PoG with PS but from the perspective of loot council vs DKP it is a frustrating example is all.

Supaskillz
05-02-2018, 04:11 PM
I am also a little confused why braid is considered bad loot off of Tunare unless you just mean it was bad b/c only 1 real drop. That item seems pretty legit to me especially when there are definitely some worse options on Tunare's loot table like a Pal/SK sword.

Baylan295
05-02-2018, 04:25 PM
you are misunderstanding me, i am not saying PoG should be a loot fest, what i am saying is that AG had exaxtly the same experience as PS EXCEPT they also earned DKP during the raid which could go to somethign else. as in, you can have the same cool raids with amazing drops but on a different system.

@Ella`Ella/Just Facts: i meant the time was wasted versus doing it with any other raiding guild, as in my return on investment of time is ambiguous rather than transparent. let's not pretend that everything you do on raids is a super great rewarding fun time (wipes, stress, mistakes, loot drama, etc). the game is still very enjoyable and so is raiding PoG with PS but from the perspective of loot council vs DKP it is a frustrating example is all.

That’s fair - though I don’t consider that time wasted. I wasn’t planning on coming, but we needed more of my class and I’m always happy to help when I can - probably to my own detriment sometimes. Guess we’ve got different perspectives on it - and that’s alright.

Baylan295
05-02-2018, 04:27 PM
I am also a little confused why braid is considered bad loot off of Tunare unless you just mean it was bad b/c only 1 real drop. That item seems pretty legit to me especially when there are definitely some worse options on Tunare's loot table like a Pal/SK sword.

She can, and sometimes does, drop just BPs, too. /cringe

phatogre
05-02-2018, 05:45 PM

u are right, braid is still really good, but in the context of what she can drop/multiple drops it is not great for the time invested by two guilds.

Wfrench1234
05-02-2018, 05:45 PM
paradumb shit

You really are a toxic dumpster fire of a human being.

“Look at me, look at me, I’m saying edgy stuff again!”

Robbintha Hood
05-02-2018, 06:01 PM
You really are a toxic dumpster fire of a human being.

“Look at me, look at me, I’m saying edgy stuff again!”

What more can you expect from a mongoloid that consistently blows the dicks of the Mayor and Sheriff of Rivervale? The immersion has become Filbus' reality.

Shea
05-02-2018, 06:34 PM
You're wrong. Paradigm Shift wasn't formed over loot drama. Some of the early core of the guild left Ill Tempered Sea Bass after the guild leader (Shea) threw one too many tantrums including an epic meltdown in ToV that saw half the guild disband on the spot after he began accusing members of being "Taken spies" when we bumped up against a scheduled Taken HoT raid.

The guild today has no connection to events from 2.5 years ago outside of maybe half a dozen active players that were in ITSB together.

If you wanna drink the Shea/Fountree crazy Kool-Aid have fun with that tho.

I don't really play anymore but I'd like to correct some things here w/ your post Pyrrhica. Before I start, I've always had respect for you as a player and person. You were excellent at tracking and pulling dragons and helped grow Seabass tremendously.

Fact is, Rhovanion was tagged in Taken during this HoT raid you speak of. 100% truth. His alts were in Seabass sure. The "epic meltdown" you're talking about acctually was just me kicking Rhovanion out of the guild. Yes, drama ensued.

The reason I kicked him was because I awarded Csisu a Torpor off of Faydedar on the condition that she would trade in a Fungi tunic to help Tripsy out. When she refused and cried, I relented, and said OK.

There was a condition though... that Rhovanion and Csisu would show up to ITSB raids and help us grow instead of raiding with their mains in Taken. We had a planned HoT raid literally like the next day IIRC, and Rhovanion was there literally rubbing it in my face , raiding with Taken, while his wife and rl buds in the guild insisted there was no connection. What else could I have done? The entire guild at that point were all RL friends of his. Of course they all left when I kicked him. But I did the right thing.

You all seem to forget how much work was put into forming the core of what has become Paradigm Shift, the powerleveling, and the friendships. I played with Rhov and Csisu for years on live. It took a lot of BS to break that, and it sucks. Oh well. I'm long retired and wanted nothing then and want nothing now. I'm not even that great of a player. I just like playing the game at this point, been thru enough drama trying to do the right thing over the years to create something new, fun and exciting.

Enjoy your guild, but people deserve to know the truth.

jilena
05-02-2018, 07:05 PM

No matter how much DKP you earn the same number of drops get spread around amongst "friends". Seems to me your complaint is WHAT HAS PARTIALDUCK SLITS DONE FOR **ME** LATELY. Sorry you didn't get special notice for your time.

Kit
05-02-2018, 09:07 PM
What really interests me about this thread is that despite 99.99% of this server having the mechanical competence of a dead muskrat, the focus is yet again on gear. A few more Eashen drops isn't making any of you less bad at the game.

jilena
05-02-2018, 09:29 PM
What really interests me about this thread is that despite 99.99% of this server having the mechanical competence of a dead muskrat, the focus is yet again on gear. A few more Eashen drops isn't making any of you less bad at the game.

People play Everquest to show off how good they are at video games? All this time I thought I was here for some weird addiction to gaining fake social status through randomized loot drops to make up for a sad real world existence. I guess I'll have to take up sipping something expensive while enjoying some overpriced view between banging 10/10s like all the good players : (

Wfrench1234
05-02-2018, 09:46 PM
Same goes to u

Hope this helps man!

Nothing you say helps, you just talk trash about people you don’t know for no reason. I get that it’s rants and flames, but do you really need to post some un-funny trash every two pages to get that dopamine release?

Hope you get help.

Wonkie
05-02-2018, 10:15 PM
wfrench is an expert on unfunny :-)

Argh
05-02-2018, 11:48 PM
The answer is wfrench
https://i.imgur.com/Z4EdTU6.png

Rainik Stormseeker
05-02-2018, 11:55 PM
^ I lol'd

Wfrench1234
05-03-2018, 08:05 AM
What's worse: the person who relentlessly shit posts on rnf

Or the person who relentlessly complains about shit posting on a shit posting board?

The answer is wfrench

I’m not complaining about shitposting, this is RNF. I’m just pointing out you’re no good at it, despite how often you do it. Hope this helps.

See what Argh did? That’s how you shitpost. Quality and funny. Take notes.

Wonkie
05-03-2018, 10:27 AM
i checked and wfrench is somewhat funny when he's not being mad at skarlorn since february

whatever

Wfrench1234
05-03-2018, 03:47 PM
nice cognitive dissonance dude cum back to us when you have accepted the fact that you want to be a shit posting troller too okay bye!

Nice meltdown.

AtomicFrog
05-03-2018, 03:58 PM
Skarlorn and Wfrench need to get a room already

Rygar
05-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Skarlorn and Wfrench need to get a room already

Hmmm...

Writes down a note for future homo-erotica expansion tales

Goodest
05-03-2018, 04:10 PM
People play Everquest to show off how good they are at video games? All this time I thought I was here for some weird addiction to gaining fake social status through randomized loot drops to make up for a sad real world existence. I guess I'll have to take up sipping something expensive while enjoying some overpriced view between banging 10/10s like all the good players : (

*Kicks back in his expense hand me down office chair at work Sipping on some tap water enjoying RnF reads... with these 2/10 asking me about my relationship status..**

d3r14k
05-03-2018, 05:05 PM
Hmmm...

Writes down a note for future homo-erotica expansion tales

I would contribute somehow for this to be made into a reality.

24kanthony
05-04-2018, 04:59 PM
You can tell a guild's whistle is clean when its RnF thread quickly devolves into another circle jerk of the Off Topic retards.

Wonkie
05-04-2018, 06:15 PM
you can man up and compete if you don't like it!

Wonkie
05-04-2018, 10:31 PM
It's a competition? I can't even imagine what the "winner" gets.

i've gotten nudes a couple times