Legend of Zelda for SNES?

Dark World iirc.

Asher

Messianic
03-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Legend of Zelda for SNES?

Dark World iirc.

Asher

I know - but the medallion that fish guy is holding is the quake magic medallion =D

Otto
03-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Best zelda of any generation

Sargonax
03-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Best zelda of any generation

QFT!

Grizlor
03-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Indeed, fuck that stupid owl and the forest/water temples in Ocarina of Time. I never understood the fanboyism over that game.

Lazortag
03-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Majora's mask is the best by a longshot. Link to the past is a little better than Ocarina probably, but not by that much. They're both legitimately good games.

Drieddead
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Ocarina of time is my favoright one.... and its also the only one i played

Hobby
03-14-2011, 08:34 PM
You're full of shit... Majora's mask was the most annoying out of those 3 classics. The time-travelling bullshit got old FAST, the story involved with it was good though.

Ocarina of Time was amazing, down-played by the annoying owl who "tried to help at every new area" and the fact they made the water-temple 20x harder and more confusing than any other temple.

Link to the Past is simply the best out of all 3 of them...especially for its time. While the screen-scrolling gameplay & lack of 3d graphics definately hurts it, it still had some of the best gameplay and story lines through the Zelda line.

Although this is all opinion, to say MM was the best out of those 3 saddens me greatly.

Hobby
03-14-2011, 08:35 PM
I hated that time-travelling, having to restart every "3 days", yadda yadda bullshit :/ so annoying!

Stibe
03-14-2011, 08:47 PM
OOT = win.

Lazortag
03-14-2011, 10:58 PM
You're full of shit... Majora's mask was the most annoying out of those 3 classics. The time-travelling bullshit got old FAST, the story involved with it was good though.

Although this is all opinion, to say MM was the best out of those 3 saddens me greatly.
Majora's mask was amazing for me. Of all the Zelda games I have to say I consider Majora's Mask to be 'art' the most. I don't think I really appreciated it enough until I replayed it a couple of years ago. The game was intense and trippy and sometimes even emotional depending on what point of the game you were at. The game was far deeper than OoT and Link to the past, and I think it really shows that they put more work into it. Some parts I really liked were: the whole sidequest with the married couple (Anju and Kafei) where one of them was turned into a child, the mini-dungeons on the moon (the ones you need to complete to get the fierce deity mask), the quest to get the bunny hood (particularly the part where you have to turn all of the guy's chickens into adults so that he can see them grow up before the moon crashes and KILLS THEM), the time shortly before the moon crashes and everyone's evacuated except the postman (because he's so devoted to his job), etc.

There were some parts that weren't well done (the fourth boss was kind of stupid and not really fun, especially with the giant mask that you only use once in the game. The last boss was really silly if you had the fierce deity mask. Also the sidequest where you improve your sword was always confusing to me, and I felt wasn't very well done either), but overall the game was very solid.

I also thought the gameplay was just more clever. At the very least it was more complex. Unlike you I thought it was a very strong feature of the game's design to force the player to have to go back in time, so that they had limited time to complete each dungeon, and were heavily punished for screwups. I also think the game just made effective use of the whole "time travel" thing better than most games do (ie Chrono Trigger, though I imagine I will probably get flamed for this!). Having to use the different masks (particularly the transformation masks) to your advantage was a great way of making the player actually think, as well as making the gameplay very different with each dungeon, which was nice. Also, the dungeon designs were almost all really awesome - I don't think you can really deny that. I especially enjoyed the fourth dungeon, where I remember having to turn the dungeon upside down to be able to solve certain puzzles. The second dungeon was very involving too, and the boss fight was great (the one where you have to roll around as the goron). I have lots more to say, but I think I've said enough.

nalkin
03-14-2011, 11:04 PM
Majora's mask is the best by a longshot. Link to the past is a little better than Ocarina probably, but not by that much. They're both legitimately good games.

Gad, worst N64 game ever. I was so pumped after ocarina of time cause Ocarina was so effing good. Opened it up for christmas and started playing... so effing bad. I hated it so much I couldn't even figure out how to get past the beginning. Game was so horrible compared to ocarina of time.

What about that gameboy zelda game that was pretty good wasn't it? The one with the rupbees on the belt and you could grab it with the claw hand. What game was that?

xshayla701
03-14-2011, 11:07 PM
OOT = win.

qft

Xeldrakka
03-14-2011, 11:11 PM
AHAHAHAHA! Great post man. A Link to the Past was one of my favorite games.. but it always left me feeling like there was something missing. I beat the game numerous times over the years (still the only SNES game I own a physical copy of) and I've felt that there was some element of the story that I missed, that wasn't developed.

What I'd really like to see is a remake of Ocarina of Time for the Wii. I'd also like to see an official time line that links the games to one another in a very loose manner.

Hobby
03-14-2011, 11:12 PM
If there wasnt a forced restart, the game would definately be alot more enjoyable. Most every other aspect of it was respectable and enjoyable.

However, Twilight Princess was very enjoyable although it had some shit moments as well.

Zelda in general has almost always been a great series (windwalker or waker or whatever was dumb as shit, as well as 1 or 2 others).

I am anxiously awaiting the new game :

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2dYgrMz_XBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

xshayla701
03-14-2011, 11:13 PM
What I'd really like to see is a remake of Ocarina of Time for the Wii.

I feel like I have this... but I could be wrong.

Hobby
03-14-2011, 11:14 PM
And yeah, I think that is why LttP was so fucking good....something was missing and you can just imagine the story line. Hell, I only wish theycould of added more story-line to it and expanded on it today. The classic LttP and OoT could both be remade and expanded upon and I'd buy a copy immediately.

Savok
03-14-2011, 11:20 PM
A Link to the Past > any other Zelda game bar none. I love having it to play whenever I like on my PC/Wii/Android phone. Just about to hit Ganon's tower in Dark World in a min..

Otto
03-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Windwaker was under-rated.

Aside from the stupid sailing around, the game was fabulous.

1. Link to the Past
2. Ocarina of Time
3. #1 for NES
4. Wind Waker
5. Twilight Princess
6. Majora's Mask
7. #2 for NES (The adventures of Link?)

I am omiting the Gameboy games since I've never been much of a portable gamer.

Auvdar
03-14-2011, 11:51 PM
From some reason I have a huge sweet spot for Twilight Princess (gamecube version, to hell with the Wiimote +Nunchuck). Im not sure why, it just always grabs me. Also never cared for Wind Waker, but then again I never gave it much of a shot with the cell shaded graphics.

LttP ---> OoT ---> Original(I can still beat this guy in a little over an hour, full complete :D) ---> Twilight Princess ---> Zelda 2 ----> MM.

Hobby
03-14-2011, 11:52 PM
the 2nd NES game is just horrible..i bought it for WII and i have hated it lol...i definately agree with the rank :p

and wind waker had its moments, but twilight had more, id swap those two.

Ashimar
03-15-2011, 12:30 AM
I've never played any of the Zelda games besides A link to the Past. its a cult classic
to me. The story line was just too great. But my favorite thing was the MUSIC. The overworld of the Light world was my fave,

KilyenaMage
03-15-2011, 12:56 AM
And yeah, I think that is why LttP was so fucking good....something was missing and you can just imagine the story line. Hell, I only wish theycould of added more story-line to it and expanded on it today. The classic LttP and OoT could both be remade and expanded upon and I'd buy a copy immediately.

The problem is that they remake a classic like OoT and it raises the bar that future NEW titles have to reach; at least that's my take on it.

Abacab "The REAL truth"
03-15-2011, 03:35 AM
http://sydlexia.com/imagesandstuff/nes100/zelda2.png

the best

Messianic
03-15-2011, 08:22 AM
http://sydlexia.com/imagesandstuff/nes100/zelda2.png

the best

That game was friggin hard. So many of those NES original games were so incredibly unforgiving and difficult - anyone ever tried beating any of the Ninja Gaiden series without save-state on an emulator?

I was actually really impressed by The Wind Waker on gamecube. Yeah, it was cartoony and childish, but the game mechanics were actually kind of cool.

Mcbard
03-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Ocarina of time > Link to the past > the rest

imo

Just re-downloaded A Link to the Past on my wii for 800 points about a month ago. Thought I would mention that for those of you with a Wii who are interested. :)

They also have Ocarina for download, I think it costs 1200 points.

Mcbard
03-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Windwaker was under-rated.

Aside from the stupid sailing around, the game was fabulous.

1. Link to the Past
2. Ocarina of Time
3. #1 for NES
4. Wind Waker
5. Twilight Princess
6. Majora's Mask
7. #2 for NES (The adventures of Link?)

I am omiting the Gameboy games since I've never been much of a portable gamer.

I think you should really check these out sometime, especially if you're a fan of the oldschool NES Zelda and Link to the Past. They are very similar play styles. The only ones I've actually played were Link's Awakening and Oracle of Seasons, but I was mega impressed with both of them!

Blancah
03-15-2011, 10:25 AM
I remember when I first got my Wii, first thing I did was buy Link to the Past. I sat in a hotel during some training and had last saved after the first boss. I played all the way through to the last boss, died on him and then my game restarted. I was forever sad and have not touched it since. I don't know how many times I have played through OOT. I did manage to pick up all the NES/N64 games when they put out the editions on Gamecube.

Thanks guys, I think I may be sinking all my time into Zelda until Kunark now.

Rael
03-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Links Awakening is definitely up there with OOT and ALTTP

Kuriin
03-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Majora's Mask is getting a lot of flack which is kind of disappointing and yet, not surprising. I thought it was one of the better ones; but, not the best in the entire series.

Link to the Past -> Ocarina of Time -> Link's Awakening -> Wind Waker -> Majora's Mask -> Twilight Princess

Otto
03-15-2011, 02:58 PM
I think you should really check these out sometime, especially if you're a fan of the oldschool NES Zelda and Link to the Past. They are very similar play styles. The only ones I've actually played were Link's Awakening and Oracle of Seasons, but I was mega impressed with both of them!

I tried the Minnish cap one and that was ok, but I really should go back and complete the series.

Extunarian
03-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Link to the past was the first game I ever faked an illness for in order to skip school and keep playing.

The 2nd NES game was actually pretty fun once I played it on an emulator and could SS. I finally finished the game one day in highschool with 2 other friends when we realized we could all save/load the same state if we pointed at a network drive. Whoever beat a hard part would save and the other two would reload :)

Auvdar
03-15-2011, 10:13 PM
The sense of accomplishment you get from beating Zelda 2 on a classic NES/Cartridge (no emulation/SS's) and not being cheap on Shadow Link is amazing. Not sure what dev. on that game thought making the second hardest stage (death mountain) being right after the FIRST DAMNED DUNGEON was a good idea, but oh man once you bust that rock to clear the path so you never have to run through death mountain... win!

I can do a full complete on LttP in like 12 or so hours in one sitting. That and OoT are almost on the same level to me.

Daliant17447
03-16-2011, 02:41 AM
http://www.diygamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/lolo1.jpg

Lolo (Lake of Ill Omen)

Rhambuk
03-16-2011, 02:48 AM
^^ Totally runnyeye basement

What about that gameboy zelda game that was pretty good wasn't it? The one with the rupbees on the belt and you could grab it with the claw hand. What game was that?

Links awakening is what I think you're thinking of, where the whole thing is just a dream!

yaaaflow
03-16-2011, 03:00 AM
^omg spoilers!

There's also a zelda game for the DS that is very similar to LttP graphics/gameplay which is awesome too.