View Full Version : What the fuck

Jauna
04-11-2018, 12:10 AM
is with the recent wave of bards who:
dont melee
sing one song
refuse to pull
selos and run at the sign of 3 or more mobs

From fucking unrest to CoM these are the only types of bards I have seen recently. Also stop using that fucking light blue armor with cha/dex because your fucking songs fizzle chance is based on your singing/instrument skill vs the level of the song. and your fucking mezzes only last like 18 seconds max and never fucking once did I ever have one break early on its own.

And stop charming all the fucking time, its annoying as fuck when you do it without a macro and the entire group stares at it and when it breaks it will bash your stupid fucking ass in. and by bash I mean stop your next song

And lull? no fuck you its mostly the mobs level vs your level. 255 or 75 cha it wont fucking matter if it cons red or yellow.

AND HYMN OF FUCKING RESTORATION IS ONE OF YOUR BREAD AND FUCKING BUTTER SONGS WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES FOR NOT TWISTING THIS UNTIL LEVEL 55?!

I dont give a shit if you seen that one bard on one of your fucking kael arena raids sit back with the healers casting and doing shit, because that shit is not always that shit.

melee
twist 4 songs
get used to pulling, a lot.
mez over charm
starting stats into stamina and get sta/hp gear

Phatez
04-11-2018, 12:22 AM
Cantana and afk

Jauna
04-11-2018, 12:34 AM
This. OP is some butthurt ranger/monk that doesn't want to do his job and pull when the group has no enchanter so the bard is forced to cantana literally inside of the healer's anus

Are you fucking kidding me? I love pulling on my fucking ranger.
Single/two pulls all the time every time
Cheap dick ass spells that allow me to go on for a long time before needing a break to med, fuck everything is there is a chanter, endless pulls
Cheap root so I can dump a mob in camp and start working for the next one or to give that warrior a chance at tanking
SoW

But monk I can understand, that sneak thing was so bad I just outright deleted my monk. Pulling for regular every day groups as a monk is like a warrior trying to tank, uphill battle and only really useful at max level.

Wonkie
04-11-2018, 12:35 AM
I'd roll a bard to troll OP but he gets mad enough on his own

Cantana and afk

Nexii
04-11-2018, 12:49 AM
Weren't you the bard that almost cost Rustle/Venerate an entire ring war because you aggroed the dwarves and ran all over Great Divide instead of taking your death? Everyone's a noob at some point..

isidian
04-11-2018, 12:51 AM
Groups ask a lot of their bards, and it is a difficult class to play. You seem to be focused on bard mechanics...why not try one out? You could end up being the next expert bard in the player pool.

Carkle Jackson
04-11-2018, 12:56 AM
dont melee
sing one song
refuse to pull

From fucking unrest to CoM these are the only types of bards I have seen recently. Also stop using that fucking light blue armor with cha/dex because your fucking songs fizzle chance is based on your singing/instrument skill vs the level of the song. and your fucking mezzes only last like 18 seconds max and never fucking once did I ever have one break early on its own.

And stop charming all the fucking time, its annoying as fuck when you do it without a macro and the entire group stares at it and when it breaks it will bash your stupid fucking ass in. and by bash I mean stop your next song

And lull? no fuck you its mostly the mobs level vs your level. 255 or 75 cha it wont fucking matter if it cons red or yellow.

AND HYMN OF FUCKING RESTORATION IS ONE OF YOUR BREAD AND FUCKING BUTTER SONGS WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES FOR NOT TWISTING THIS UNTIL LEVEL 55?!

I dont give a shit if you seen that one bard on one of your fucking kael arena raids sit back with the healers casting and doing shit, because that shit is not always that shit.

melee
twist 4 songs
mez over charm

Hey there. I agree with a lot of what you said. Bards can do so much more when played correctly. I do disagree with one thing you said though. Namely mez over charm. My choice of which to use is situational. I tend to charm whenever I have a single add. I like to put the mob to work. But yes, any decent bard should be able to mez down four mobs. Five mobs even but you'll get smacked around some.

Jauna
04-11-2018, 01:04 AM
Weren't you the bard that almost cost Rustle/Venerate an entire ring war because you aggroed the dwarves and ran all over Great Divide instead of taking your death? Everyone's a noob at some point..

No. Every ring war I invite 4 dps and a druid/sham. If I remember right a chanter did something in the dwarf control group, a sham healed them, snowball effect happened.

branamil
04-11-2018, 01:09 AM
Bard melee is next to worthless. It's just a vanity if you're very bored and don't want instrument modifiers on your songs.

Argh
04-11-2018, 01:18 AM
In a random chef group in seb somewhat recently I grouped with a bard named Syrigar--he was honestly one of the best bards I've played with here. The man did it all.

Phatez
04-11-2018, 01:36 AM
Bard melee is next to worthless. It's just a vanity if you're very bored and don't want instrument modifiers on your songs.

Or have epic

Zal22
04-11-2018, 01:40 AM
OP has 3 threads on page one. Not trolling...actual rants.
He is one to watch!

Jauna
04-11-2018, 01:52 AM

Stop trying to justify your laziness to get your tank 10 more strength.

oh but 10 strength over math divided by
no, many important songs are Singing.

Jauna
04-11-2018, 02:05 AM
60 with rondo, psalm and puretone/epic

Arkanjil
04-11-2018, 02:07 AM
A well-played bard is a thing of beauty :)

branamil
04-11-2018, 02:12 AM
Stop trying to justify your laziness to get your tank 10 more strength.

Looks like someone is sad they wasted all their money on a Breath of Harmony

Jauna
04-11-2018, 02:14 AM
Looks like someone is sad they wasted all their money on a Breath of Harmony

That beautiful thing with the wonderful click effect that gives off the illusion I can sing 5 songs?

Wait what was your argument, again?

Octowhisp
04-11-2018, 03:13 AM
I hope I get a chance to group with OP one day... Or maybe not.. judgement will be really high with this one...

Main problem I always found or not found was solid information about the Bard class... Everything on the wiki is about swarming, which is amazing but group bard is so much more rewarding... I truly started learning more once I allowed myself to be coached...

Majym Myjam <Aftermath> Epic 60 Bard

radda
04-11-2018, 03:20 AM
Jauna, I know your frustration. Some bards are just part of the alt game. Some people don’t play alts to their full. We bards that know a thing are deff around.

Sadiki
04-11-2018, 03:49 AM
This accurately describes P99 bards.

Saludeen
04-11-2018, 04:19 AM
Must, not, reinstall

matticas
04-11-2018, 06:24 AM
I hope I get a chance to group with OP one day... Or maybe not.. judgement will be really high with this one...

Main problem I always found or not found was solid information about the Bard class... Everything on the wiki is about swarming, which is amazing but group bard is so much more rewarding... I truly started learning more once I allowed myself to be coached...

Whoa whoa whoa, there's no place for humble learner type comments here bud...this is RNF. You get that mature adult attitude way of discussing things OUT of here

Octowhisp
04-11-2018, 06:40 AM
Bards are the Master Class.... Most players can't even begin to understand the class.... So they just play Mana song and afk....

wagorf
04-11-2018, 07:00 AM
rant goes the same with chanters who

(1) dont fuckin charm when he doesn't need to slow and there are plenty of mobs to charm
(2) cry when mez getting broken (just fuckin use lvl 4 mez, u dont need enthrall/dazzle in most groupings)
(3) don't have ae mez memmed in groups
(4) doesn't prioritize hp gears (opalline ears is the dumbest shit to gear ur chanter)
(5) doesn't have ae stun memmed
(6) tash too early
(7) charms a pet but sends in late when mob is already at 50%, this goes to any pet class

Terrel
04-11-2018, 07:08 AM
Main problem I always found or not found was solid information about the Bard class... Everything on the wiki is about swarming, which is amazing but group bard is so much more rewarding...

The guide by Thrasos, on the wiki, is excellent! I reread it several times as I was leveling, as I kept picking up tidbits I'd missed the first few times.

And no, once your in your late 20's, don't bother melee'ing until you get your epic. It ain't the "10 extra str" you do that for, it's the doubling of Hymn of Restoration, Niv's, Shield of Song, damage shields, etc...that more than outweights the pitiful melee damage.

Ruhtar
04-11-2018, 07:52 AM
rant goes the same with chanters who

(1) dont fuckin charm when he doesn't need to slow and there are plenty of mobs to charm
(2) cry when mez getting broken (just fuckin use lvl 4 mez, u dont need enthrall/dazzle in most groupings)
(3) don't have ae mez memmed in groups
(4) doesn't prioritize hp gears (opalline ears is the dumbest shit to gear ur chanter)
(5) doesn't have ae stun memmed
(6) tash too early
(7) charms a pet but sends in late when mob is already at 50%, this goes to any pet class

If you're referring to lvl 60's only, this makes sense. Otherwise this is just nitpicky shit. Also, if people aren't assisting the tank, that's far worse than a chanter bitching.

kjs86z
04-11-2018, 09:30 AM
Bards are one of (if not THE) worst classes on P99 and its really not even close. Their effectiveness increases the sh!ttier the group is. Have a terrible group? Bard will probably be a great edition. Have an excellent group? Probably should get anything besides a Bard.

Their songs are all level caped, most of their songs suck, and god forbid they do get agro because Bards can not tank for sh!t.

If someone is paying close attention and playing to their maximum ability they can make ANY CLASS LOOK GOOD! STOP WITH THIS BULL SH!T THAT ONLY BARDS REQUIRE SKILL TO PLAY. THEY DONT, THEY REQUIRE ACTIVE PLAY THE SAME WAY LITERALLY ALL CLASSES REQUIRE. The only difference is when you slack even a little as a Bard you become a glaring pimple of the ass of the group because the class fundamentally sucks. Minimal upside, massive downside - story of the P99 Bard

I had a bard alt until I read this.

Just deleted it.

Legidias
04-11-2018, 09:51 AM
Originally Posed by NecroP99
Blah blah blah mad cuz berds stole muh merbs

Obviously never groups as a necro, 100% has no insight into group dynamics

Sonderbeast
04-11-2018, 10:05 AM
The entire thread is based on a misconception that bards did more than afk with one song on I'm group. It's classic, just like stat-warrior and ranger tanks.

Just facts
04-11-2018, 10:11 AM
dont melee
sing one song
refuse to pull

melee
twist 4 songs
mez over charm

Hate to say it but from a cleric's perspective during classic, can't say I noticed them doing anything other than look pretty playing one song in the corner out of harm's way... Is it's just classic..

Legidias
04-11-2018, 10:12 AM
Still a necro, still doesn't group? Being the best at not grouping still doesnt help your opinion about group setups.

Sonderbeast
04-11-2018, 10:13 AM
I can name 10 necromancers who would kick your ads 1v1

Troxx
04-11-2018, 10:47 AM
Bards are one of (if not THE) worst classes on P99 and its really not even close. Their effectiveness increases the sh!ttier the group is. Have a terrible group? Bard will probably be a great edition. Have an excellent group? Probably should get anything besides a Bard.

Their songs are all level caped, most of their songs suck, and god forbid they do get agro because Bards can not tank for sh!t.

If someone is paying close attention and playing to their maximum ability they can make ANY CLASS LOOK GOOD! STOP WITH THIS BULL SH!T THAT ONLY BARDS REQUIRE SKILL TO PLAY. THEY DONT, THEY REQUIRE ACTIVE PLAY THE SAME WAY LITERALLY ALL CLASSES REQUIRE. The only difference is when you slack even a little as a Bard you become a glaring pimple of the ass of the group because the class fundamentally sucks. Minimal upside, massive downside - story of the P99 Bard

Spoken like a true idiot.

This post made me chortle.

Triiz
04-11-2018, 10:53 AM
OP isn't wrong, there are a lot of terrible bards.

The guy that said there are a lot of terrible Enchanter's is also not wrong. If you refuse to charm and don't have AOE stuns/mez mem'd almost all the time and you should reroll Wizard.

Last alt I leveled I grouped with multiple Enchanter's that wouldn't charm even when the group was in desperate need of DPS and the group asked the enchanter to charm. Sad times.

Zal22
04-11-2018, 10:57 AM
NecroP99 is Spyder73 on his alt account.

Keep getting trolled.

Zal22
04-11-2018, 11:00 AM
Also above average necro

Phatez
04-11-2018, 11:25 AM
A necro and a bard duo can kill anything in the game that a monk shaman duo can.

Legidias
04-11-2018, 11:31 AM
That thread highlights why bards are awesome? Thanks for the refresh on all the bard strats =D. Saves me time of re writing same things.

Necros exist just to get yelled at in raids to not skelly dot things.

Sadiki
04-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Playing Cantina and AFKing is literally 70%-90% of a Bards job
Shit - I wasn't aware of this. I'm going to submit this to my guild and go AFK immediately. Thank you for saving me from wrist pain!

Sonderbeast
04-11-2018, 12:15 PM
I personally identify with my class in Everquest and get offended if you degrade it or point out any flaws whatsoever.

R

O

F

L

skarlorn
04-11-2018, 12:39 PM
the problem with bards is that most bards are piloted by very dumb players. I don't say this to flame, or troll, I mean it. I have grouped with many bards over the years. Most bards pick bard because they want to earn more platinum when they use the vendor and they know bard will have high CHA gear. I get it, but now I have to carry your ass in group? Yes bards have a lot of subpar utility. They're sort of like druid, but less efficient. The real problem with a bard is that 99% of bards have no idea how to play the class except sitting in camp playing Wonderwall on the lute and asking how the clerics like cantana. They don't like doing a lot of twisting because it's hard on the wrists, but really they don't know how. If you have a bard in the group, you have to type him instructions for every song you want played, immediately. I have an entire macro page for bard instructions because bards are played by literal retards IRL (sorry, but it's true!). If you like micro-managing and spamming instructions, you'll like having a bard in group. otherwise just don't invite them to your party.

Carkle Jackson
04-11-2018, 01:26 PM
the problem with bards is that most bards are piloted by very dumb players. I don't say this to flame, or troll, I mean it. I have grouped with many bards over the years. Most bards pick bard because they want to earn more platinum when they use the vendor and they know bard will have high CHA gear. I get it, but now I have to carry your ass in group? Yes bards have a lot of subpar utility. They're sort of like druid, but less efficient. The real problem with a bard is that 99% of bards have no idea how to play the class except sitting in camp playing Wonderwall on the lute and asking how the clerics like cantana. They don't like doing a lot of twisting because it's hard on the wrists, but really they don't know how. If you have a bard in the group, you have to type him instructions for every song you want played, immediately. I have an entire macro page for bard instructions because bards are played by literal retards IRL (sorry, but it's true!). If you like micro-managing and spamming instructions, you'll like having a bard in group. otherwise just don't invite them to your party.

I agree with you that a majority of bards are just like you describe. I'll sum up your description with "followed the path to easy money and don't know a lick about using their bard in a group effectively". But not all bards are like that. Some are absolutely amazing. The problem is knowing which is which BEFORE you invite them to the group.

Sadiki
04-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Hey, stop picking on bards. It's not that bards are bad, it's that everyone is terrible, regardless of class. Jerks.

Moerne
04-11-2018, 02:49 PM
Bards are a no half-ways kind of class. You can be a mediocre cleric, war, rogue, etc. and still do a decent enough job that most people will never really notice any deficiencies. But Barding is a challenging enough job that most people are going to be either really amazing or completely sub-par. I think we see a lot more the sub-pars on P99 because of the ease of leveling a bard in swarm kites, something I don't remember seeing until at least Luclin on live. Live bards were usually very desirable in groups because they were strong pullers, could mez, keep mana song running and dps at the same time. (I don't remember bards or enchanters ever regularly charming on live). They leveled up via grouping rather than swarm kiting and were forced to develop those abilities.

Some of the most amazing and skilled players I can recall from live were bards. (Also two of my all-time favorite raid leaders).

skarlorn
04-11-2018, 02:54 PM
bards are

mediocre pullers (monk or gtfo)
terrible dps
if played properly, unable to contribute to fun party chat due to autistic song weaving
literally post-men of norrath (aka government employees/peasants)
worse than necro at mana regen (not to mention enc)
worse at charming than a druid tbh
worse at cc than even a skilful wizard
major exp drain due to hybrid penalty (enjoy never hitting 60 lmao)
ruined the server with swarm kiting

Legidias
04-11-2018, 03:01 PM
As much as some people here hate on bards, at least they're not as bad / hated as halflings

Triiz
04-11-2018, 03:04 PM
bards are

terrible dps
if played properly, unable to contribute to fun party chat due to autistic song weaving
literally post-men of norrath (aka government employees/peasants)
worse than necro at mana regen (not to mention enc)
worse at charming than a druid tbh
worse at cc than even a skilful wizard
major exp drain due to hybrid penalty (enjoy never hitting 60 lmao)
ruined the server with swarm kiting

A lot of that is true, but bard just playing mana songs is like 27 mana a tick and C2+GOB is 13 a tick. Hybrid xp penalty isn't a thing anymore.

Supreme
04-11-2018, 03:09 PM
Fasttimes is my hero.

beargryllz
04-11-2018, 03:41 PM

9.7/10 almost perfect troll

Phatez
04-11-2018, 08:02 PM
If you want bards to improve their performAnce in groups I would suggest going to common bard swarming areas and rooting all the full hp mobs in their swarms. If you are lucky they will get stunned and die. I don’t believe it’s illegal to engage a mob that is 100% hp if the person it is on has more than 4 mobs.

If you prevent them from gaining dp swarming they will be forced to group and learn their class.

Sonderbeast
04-11-2018, 08:16 PM
Please root my mobs so i can DA and kill you thanks in advance.

Ok

Phatez
04-11-2018, 08:16 PM
Please root my mobs so i can DA and kill you thanks in advance.

But I rooted them on a cleric so I DA after you DA and then now what who wins see get owned nub, but your bard is 60 so wouldn’t happen K fastimes? Runon sentence. I have double DA get owned.

Sonderbeast
04-11-2018, 08:18 PM
But I rooted them on a cleric so I DA after you DA and then now what who wins see get owned nub, but your bard is 60 so wouldn’t happen K fastimes? Runon sentence. I have double DA get owned.

O

K

Xanthias
04-11-2018, 08:18 PM
So I one thing out of this confuses me...

Bards can melee?

Huh who knew...

/sarcasm

Phatez
04-11-2018, 08:19 PM
O

K

K

O

Xanthias
04-11-2018, 10:10 PM
OMG! Xanthias come back!!! You were the best at taking harm touch and early charms back in the dawn of vp. Now with Weaponshield Discipline you'll be a god. Or did you let internode or froovy use your toons?

Nope, they are my toons and mine alone. They were where I left them heh.
But I am semi-back

Bigmoneybabybaby
04-11-2018, 10:17 PM
Bards are great, sounds like most of you must see shit Bards.

Ennewi
04-13-2018, 03:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HqD_MyiLN4

LostCause
04-13-2018, 05:26 AM
dont melee
sing one song
refuse to pull

melee
twist 4 songs
mez over charm

twist manasong and afk what? ok

Ravager
04-13-2018, 06:13 AM
If I'm going to have any bard in my groups, I'd rather have the one that plants his ass on the ground and only runs the level 6 heal song with a lute. The ones who think they're good at the game are insufferable prats who work way to hard to try and impress you with their knowledge and mad skillz, or they get the group in trouble constantly by trying to do more than they're capable.

kb2005
04-13-2018, 08:31 AM
bards are

Two of my recent KC/LCY groups had a bard puller, and both of them were crushing it. One was using singing steel helm, the other just ran around full selos. Both provided a constant string of mobs without overwhelming the group, and if it did get dicey they both knew how to CC. We actually got trained pretty hard one of those times and bard just turned it into a mini swarm / kited 'em around while we picked 'em off one by one. Lasted about 15 minutes. Some of the best XP I've had recently.

Ravager
04-13-2018, 01:49 PM
Nice.

trite
04-13-2018, 02:07 PM
The OP has a point about how DEX and CHA, the stats that are supposed to matter for this class, seem to do nothing on this server by all accounts. I guess dex for the proc chance once you have the best end game weapons that proc the epic haste and song of the deep sea's lol...