PDA

View Full Version : Censorship

Wudan
03-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Is it ok to censorship (delete) polite thread? I was born in communism and it makes me kinda sad to see such a thing on a game forum. Should I fear secret police to storm my door too? Bleh!

Im even posting it here rather than server chat, which is a result of your censorship! Dont wanna get banned for no reason (already happened to me on live). Really nice job!

:confused::mad::eek:

mitic
03-14-2011, 07:07 AM
relax and just have fun on this server without going into drama mode, especialy not vs. the gms/devs.

its a private server after all with less rights than on a server where u pay a monthly subscription fee.

thats the only advice i can give you in this matter

Messianic
03-14-2011, 07:44 AM
There is no parallel of this server/forums to a legitimate governmental system. There are simply too many differences for an analogy to exist.

If your thread/post was deleted, figure out why - politely - and change your behavior.

Wudan
03-14-2011, 08:52 AM
relax and just have fun on this server without going into drama mode, especialy not vs. the gms/devs.

its a private server after all with less rights than on a server where u pay a monthly subscription fee.

thats the only advice i can give you in this matter

I do have a lot of fun and I am grateful for it - as I said in deleted thread - but that is not the point. The point is censorship is BS and should not happen unless there is serious reason.

There is no parallel of this server/forums to a legitimate governmental system. There are simply too many differences for an analogy to exist.

If your thread/post was deleted, figure out why - politely - and change your behavior.

I think that certain rules apply no matter who runs the server. Do they have the right to delete the thread? Yes. Is it ok when there is no obvious reason? Hell no! You tell me to change my behaviour, but I did noting wrong.

All i said was that I think something should be done with overpowered classes giving specific example of me 18druid not being able to solo db mobs that 12lvl mage can solo easily - and that was BEFORE the nerf. Is that rude? Not polite enough?

Censorship is bad no matter what you think or say. All I wanted to say. Im finished with this.

Toony
03-14-2011, 08:56 AM
I do have a lot of fun and I am grateful for it - as I said in deleted thread - but that is not the point. The point is censorship is BS and should not happen unless there is serious reason.

No censorship occurred here. And, they need NO reason to administer their private forum as they see fit.

Rasah
03-14-2011, 09:44 AM
All i said was that I think something should be done with overpowered classes giving specific example of me 18druid not being able to solo db mobs that 12lvl mage can solo easily - and that was BEFORE the nerf.Cast skin, cast damage shield, nuke mob. Melee mob as it beats on you. Cast another nuke mid fight. Beat on mob until it dies. Cast Treeform. Med to full and regen to full health.

Repeat, adding or subtracting nukes so that your health and mana hit full at the same time. Easy as pie.

The reality is that mages will kill 3 times as fast as druids. If that appeals to you, create a mage. I did. But that is classic everquest, which is the game you signed up for.

Messianic
03-14-2011, 10:31 AM
I think that certain rules apply no matter who runs the server.

Please define those rules. I'll probably find them quite hilarious if they're anything except "The Devs may not use your private information to destroy any of your private property" - because that is the only applicable rule.

Is it ok when there is no obvious reason? Hell no!

Of course it is. You aren't entitled to a reason. You aren't entitled to even debate whether their reason was good or bad. The reason is irrelevant. It's very good of them if they provide one and it's much better practice, but it's not "wrong" for them to delete a thread or post and not provide a reason.

You tell me to change my behaviour, but I did noting wrong.

Do you go into someone else's house and tell them what right and wrong behavior is? Do you have a right to touch any piece of their property - even if only putting your index finger on it - if they tell you not to? Do they have a right to kick you out of their house without an explanation?

How can you possibly thing you're entitled a reason your online post in an online forum got deleted?

Censorship is bad no matter what you think or say. All I wanted to say. Im finished with this.

Societal censorship is bad. If you were asked in a private home not to cuss and would be shown the door if you did, would you tell the host that you were being censored?

Get a freaking clue.

nilbog
03-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Have no idea wtf you're talking about, but usually things aren't removed unless they are in the wrong fucking place, or way out of line.

Cyrano
03-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Have some sympathy, this guy has been a victim of censorship since he was born in the USSR! He clearly has a track record of being victimized by the ruthless powermongering overlords of MMOs, as evidenced by his baseless banning on EQ live, and thus is deserving of our tears.

To the OP, might I suggest you read or watch (there is a film version!) The 120 Days of Sodom. The Marquis did a phenomenal job of satirizing the actions of French society's elites at the time and I feel there are enough parallels here to warrant a similar type of manuscript. Might I suggest starring Rogean, Nilbog, Uthgaard, and Cyrano as the four libertines.

I patiently await the document and offer a hearty 'Bravo!' as I trust you will leave none of the tragedy and shame you have endured on these forums absent in your documentation of events.

Kassel
03-14-2011, 12:34 PM
in communist Russia, dark blues solo you !

Wudan
03-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Have some sympathy, this guy has been a victim of censorship since he was born in the USSR!

priceless. now you are just being ignorant ;) u can go fuck yourself with russia ;)

Humerox
03-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Wudan.

This place is situated in Ongniud Qi, Nei Mongol Zizhiqu, China, its geographical coordinates are 42° 56' 4" North, 119° 1' 26" East and its original name (with diacritics) is Wudan (http://www.maplandia.com/china/nei-mongol-zizhiqu/ongniud-qi/wudan/).

welcome to P99, btw.

:D

Aarone
03-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Have some sympathy, this guy has been a victim of censorship since he was born in the USSR! He clearly has a track record of being victimized by the ruthless powermongering overlords of MMOs, as evidenced by his baseless banning on EQ live, and thus is deserving of our tears.

To the OP, might I suggest you read or watch (there is a film version!) The 120 Days of Sodom. The Marquis did a phenomenal job of satirizing the actions of French society's elites at the time and I feel there are enough parallels here to warrant a similar type of manuscript. Might I suggest starring Rogean, Nilbog, Uthgaard, and Cyrano as the four libertines.

I patiently await the document and offer a hearty 'Bravo!' as I trust you will leave none of the tragedy and shame you have endured on these forums absent in your documentation of events.

Ignatius J. Reilly would be proud of you, Cyrano!! :D:D:D

Cyrano
03-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Ignatius J. Reilly would be proud of you, Cyrano!! :D:D:D

He's the reason I have a valve.

BTW Wudan sorry for assuming you were born in the USSR. However if there ever was a country I would probe myself with it would probably be Russia.