PDA

View Full Version : CC

Frudrura
04-08-2018, 01:34 AM
Why do so many people call that they are camping something when they aren't even near the camp. And also nobody responds to CC anymore. Everything is backwards.

BirryDaKir
04-08-2018, 01:46 AM
Lodi and king camped for the next 40 days

Swish2
04-08-2018, 01:49 AM
One random day in Sebilis...

Frudrura, says ooc "CC"
Soandso, says ooc "NG"
Frudrura says, "Dude you're right here at the zone line"
Soandso says, "Yeah but we're clearing to there, just waiting on the cleric to zone in"
Frudrura says, "Where is he?"
Soandso says, "He's just getting a port from WC now"

P99 CCs in a nutshell

NachtMystium
04-08-2018, 02:24 AM
CC is just a courtesy, always check the actual camp after CCing.

Having said that, anyone who actually tries to defend a camp that is not technically camped is scum. Also having said that, always claim camps upon CC even if you're not there to deter the lazy ones who don't verify it.

applesauce25r624
04-08-2018, 02:48 AM
just take those camps over and record everything. Fuck those plebs

Foxplay
04-08-2018, 02:54 AM
I personally don't even bother asking I just go and verify. Keeps ppl honest

Not in camp?
All spawns up?

Congrats it's your camp now

Sadiki
04-08-2018, 03:37 AM
Almost every time I kill something in any zone, with every mob being up and no one in the area.

"That was camped, why doesn't anyone ask?"

That's not how camps work, buckos.

wagorf
04-10-2018, 05:52 AM
CC is for honest players and honesty gets you shit on p99

commongood
04-10-2018, 07:07 AM
Had someone get quite annoyed with me in PoM the other day. I show up at A4 and everything is down but no one is in any of the A4 rooms. Not in TwentyTwo's room, not in Halfings' room, not with Gorilla or Rat. I summon a pet and sit and wait 5 full minutes waiting for some chanter to come back with a pet or something else.

After the 5 minutes I "/ooc I've been sitting alone in A4 for more than 5 minutes now. Claiming it."

I then swiftly get a response in /ooc to the effect of "I was camping it but am just out killing other stuff now - the rest of the Alice stuff (A1-A3 presumably)".

I go on to explain that you can't just leave your camp and go kill other things in the zone while mobs are down (mobs have 72 min respawn time in PoM for those that might not know). The response is: like I'm gonna sit on my butt for 60 mins and just wait?

Umm yeah...

I then got chastised for not asking for a CC before moving in. And yeah I suppose I could have done that but honestly that would just be a way to facilitate the holding down camps without being there. If I had asked in CC the player in question would have just said "A4" and when pressed would just say "I'm omw back".

By the time the discussion was somewhat concluded more than 10 minutes had elapsed and I was still alone at A4 btw.

raato
04-10-2018, 07:31 AM
Had someone get quite annoyed with me in PoM the other day. I show up at A4 and everything is down but no one is in any of the A4 rooms. Not in TwentyTwo's room, not in Halfings' room, not with Gorilla or Rat. I summon a pet and sit and wait 5 full minutes waiting for some chanter to come back with a pet or something else.

After the 5 minutes I "/ooc I've been sitting alone in A4 for more than 5 minutes now. Claiming it."

I then swiftly get a response in /ooc to the effect of "I was camping it but am just out killing other stuff now - the rest of the Alice stuff (A1-A3 presumably)".

I go on to explain that you can't just leave your camp and go kill other things in the zone while mobs are down (mobs have 72 min respawn time in PoM for those that might not know). The response is: like I'm gonna sit on my butt for 60 mins and just wait?

Umm yeah...

I then got chastised for not asking for a CC before moving in. And yeah I suppose I could have done that but honestly that would just be a way to facilitate the holding down camps without being there. If I had asked in CC the player in question would have just said "A4" and when pressed would just say "I'm omw back".

By the time the discussion was somewhat concluded more than 10 minutes had elapsed and I was still alone at A4 btw.

Here are server rules: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132299

There it says:
In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

So according to the server rules you can go kill other things while you keep the camp down. However you have to return to the camp and maintain a presence when someone else expresses their interest to contest that camp.

commongood
04-10-2018, 07:35 AM
Here are server rules: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132299

There it says:

So according to the server rules you can go kill other things while you keep the camp down. However you have to return to the camp and maintain a presence when someone else expresses their interest to contest that camp.

I guess I would have lost in petitionquest then. The fact that mobs are down for so long at A4 seems to collide somewhat with that rule and it does say 'In general'.

I think it's somewhat unfair to pull that off in PoM. In that way a single player can hold down several camps in the zone due to the long respawn time.

Maybe others feel differently?

raato
04-10-2018, 07:43 AM
I guess I would have lost in petitionquest then. The fact that mobs are down for so long at A4 seems to collide somewhat with that rule and it does say 'In general'.

I think it's somewhat unfair to pull that off in PoM. In that way a single player can hold down several camps in the zone due to the long respawn time.

That is why there also reads "You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up."

commongood
04-10-2018, 07:46 AM
Well you know what I guess I got a bit caught up with how I thought PoM worked / ought to work. I guess I would never myself want to risk A4 by leaving it open to go kill lesser stuff in between but it would actually be permitted. There ya go.

ZiggyTheMuss
04-10-2018, 03:54 PM

Others definitely feel differently. I can't understand people who think it should be the way you are saying.

If I am the only person in PoM, how does it make sense for me to just stick to one camp only? Of course I can camp as much shit as I want. I shouldn't need to stick to one camp just in case someone wants to zone in and start claiming stuff.

I don't know if this is what you mean, but I actually did have a guy get all butthurt at me before when I was camping polar bears in Perma on my druid. I was killing upper pits and then some of lower pits. I was the only person in zone for a while. Some other druid shows up and he actually gets pissy at me for killing some of lower because his spawns are in a different order now... Repeat, I was the only person in zone for a long time before he showed up. So yeah, that mentality seems to just defy logic.

Sadiki
04-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Agreed. If the mobs are dead, I give benefit of the doubt to the person that says they're camping it. It's the people that call camps that are fully spawned and aren't even remotely close to that really get to me. No one on this server is honest.

Jimjam
04-10-2018, 04:27 PM
No one on this server is honest.
You've just nailed the true value of CC; gauging how trustworthy other players are and how to manage them in the future.

Ravager
04-10-2018, 04:53 PM
If you want something... TAKE IT
Or send packets.

loramin
04-10-2018, 05:58 PM
Others definitely feel differently. I can't understand people who think it should be the way you are saying.

If I am the only person in PoM, how does it make sense for me to just stick to one camp only? Of course I can camp as much shit as I want. I shouldn't need to stick to one camp just in case someone wants to zone in and start claiming stuff.

You're misunderstanding: the camp rules only apply at the moment two players both want the same spawn. This means that when you have a zone or area to yourself you can camp that entire zone/area to your heart's content and it's 100% legal.

Then when someone shows up in the zone and says "I want mob X", you have a choice: you can keep mob X, or you can let the guy have it and say you're camping mob Y.

Let's say you keep X, so the guy takes Y (or you keep Y and they take X, same difference). Both of you each get to claim ONLY Xor Y. Every other mob in the entire zone is now FTE (First to Engage).

The rules seem pretty fair to me: everyone gets only one guaranteed (ie. protected by petitions/GMs) mob at a time. If you're there first you get to choose which mob you want, because you were there first. You can then continue to clear any mobs you want throughout the entire zone (except for the one mob they claim), as long as you can beat the other guy to them.

ZiggyTheMuss
04-10-2018, 06:05 PM
No, I understand how it works and that is how it should be IMO. I just felt like adding my anecdote to show that there are some really warped views that exist as far as what is "fair" and what is not.

Freakish
04-10-2018, 06:28 PM
I want a Larrikan's Mask.

paulgiamatti
04-10-2018, 08:52 PM
My personal peeve is when shamans call crypt or CE on camp checks when they're only entitled to one of the four rooms. Very few know about this rule so even if someone's privy to the information that it's a single shaman neckbearding it up down there, they'll usually assume it's illegal to barge in and start clearing the other spawns.

Solo shamans: don't be a dick, say "hiero" on camp checks.

98bcobra
04-10-2018, 10:21 PM
When I was the only one in PoM I would have multi people gate in to A4 because they are bound there and claim it while I was off killing 22/chest ect. Some people seems think each room of Alice is a single camp ect. And you have to sit there for over an hour waiting on repops. I left a while ago since it got is so populated so I am not sure how it is now.

98bcobra
04-10-2018, 10:23 PM
My biggest pet peeve now is when other enchanters come face rolling into BM without asking a CC