PDA

View Full Version : What you guys think about that 1h lockouts on FTE?

RedXIII
04-07-2018, 03:15 PM
Yo, posting this on RnF just so people can flame, rant and cuss me or the proposition freely.

So, i was thinking that the best moments competition i had on server lately was during the 1h lockouts. FTE races was cool and a good way to avoid the pulling/training drama that goes on when insta engages that we have atm.

With 1H lockouts we don't need to rotate shit anymore because the drama and petitionquest would be much lesser since you have 1h freely to plan and kill ur thing.

In my eyes it would also help casual guilds since they suck at rushing to kill the mobs and would give them time to coordinate and etc.

I think the FTE Races by foot is something that we need to address thou, since the FPS lowering tecniques is a thing and its hard to police... but maybe make it into a CoTH MAGE FTE race? since its probably less exploitable (if you coth duck, you are a loser even if you "win" the fte.

In my perfect world i would keep things as they are and just freely compete but sadly when 2-3 guilds are trying to pull the same mob to the entrance lots of shit happens. Train each other, train up when the FTE is not even yours to cockblock the other team and lots of other shennanigans that savage people with low morale do. Also we have leaders/officers who cannot agree to things so i would love to make a system where subjectiveness is the lowest possible.

Anyways, wanted to hear you guys about it. I feel it would be a nice break from the petition quest non stop because "you pulled wyrverns" or "You agro that dragon to leashe it away and get new fte" and all other stuff that we been thro.

Post your thoughts, i am not here for blood or discuss about A/A whos right or wrong, i just truly want to make the raid scene better before the new GM's bug Sirken enough to make him rotate shit serverwide and kill p99 classic feeling. (not here to discuss your idea of classic either, Rogean, Nilbog and Sirken played on a server that did not had rotations, so did i. If your server rotated, thats too bad for you!)

Ravager
04-07-2018, 03:21 PM
TL;DR couldn't give a shit.

Nexii
04-07-2018, 03:24 PM
I think they were stupid. One person being good at Mario Kart shouldn't = pixels.

skarlorn
04-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Runnyeye must be destroyed

Skew
04-07-2018, 03:25 PM
I think youd be better off repenting your sins and leaving those shitbags in Taken mate.
Aint no changing the rules because you have to be a bunch of cheaty McCheats to get 1 mob every 20.

beargryllz
04-07-2018, 03:28 PM
Root A/A

bspa0700
04-07-2018, 03:54 PM
I'd be open to rotating the rules.

All mobs being coth or all mobs being run up sucks. But rotating the rules would be fun and keep the spice up.

Mixing in some run ups, some weeks for mobs like Doze, Iki, Eashen, Aary, WTOV, Statue, KT could be fun. Heck even run ups all the way to Vulak is fun. Run ups to triplets and twins is stupid though.

Wonkie
04-07-2018, 03:57 PM
ban everyone with more than 1 vulak loot

branamil
04-07-2018, 03:59 PM
a bunch of level 9 ogre shamans piled on top of eachother waiting to race was the dumbest thing I've ever seen in an RPG

Detoxx
04-07-2018, 04:19 PM
And desperation kicks in! Sure I'd love to go back to having you guys use 2 to 3 people who cheat to get every job. Sounds awesome.

Detoxx
04-07-2018, 04:20 PM
Mob*

Shinko
04-07-2018, 04:32 PM
random spawns, random zones imo

Alde
04-07-2018, 04:44 PM
ban everyone with more than 1 vulak loot

Phatez
04-07-2018, 04:45 PM
Make variance 2x the length of respawn. That way every dragon is always in window. If it’s a 7 day spawn make it +\- 7 days so it can spawn at any point!

Nexii
04-07-2018, 05:12 PM
FTE racing was also very dumb to enforce. There was no way to know when another guild's lock expired, or even whether they had one.

Shorter variance or an hour notice ahead of quakes would probably serve the same purpose as FTE racing.

Sivaeb
04-07-2018, 05:17 PM
TL;DR couldn't give a shit.

Then why reply?

Bboboo
04-07-2018, 05:33 PM
how about lockouts for rnf posts

icedwards
04-07-2018, 05:36 PM
Remember when it as like 4am, one of the triplets spawned, AW coth'd up an entire raid force, i ran a rogue up there, FTE'd the dragon, logged out. Cock block engaged

You guys had to wait 1 hr before you could engage so intead of waiting you logged.

Really wanna go back to 1 hr lockouts? There will be a fix to the wyvern issue, i dont have the answer but ive heard some good suggestions. 1hr lockouts isnt the fix.

Kluwen had the best idea: No secondary pullers beyond the hub without an active FTE.

RedXIII
04-07-2018, 05:40 PM
Remember when it as like 4am, one of the triplets spawned, AW coth'd up an entire raid force, i ran a rogue up there, FTE'd the dragon, logged out. Cock block engaged

You guys had to wait 1 hr before you could engage so intead of waiting you logged.

Really wanna go back to 1 hr lockouts? There will be a fix to the wyvern issue, i dont have the answer but ive heard some good suggestions. 1hr lockouts isnt the fix.

I haven't heard any other fixes, care to share?

RedXIII
04-07-2018, 05:43 PM
Kluwen had the best idea: No secondary pullers beyond the hub without an active FTE.

Issue is, how do we know the FTE was droped? we need to dedicate someone to bindsight on the target? Also whats the punishment if someone enters north wing with active FTE? also what if a monk is flop, mob is non engage, you enter north wing, he re-engage the mob before you? You just DQ'ed since you enter the NTOV door?

Idk man, i feel like we should try and narrow down the the minimun interpretation possible... the idea is nice but i know it will be exploited/confuse in the heat of the moment.

Phatez
04-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Or we could just be grownups and admit when we fuck up. If you agro wveryns in another guilds FTE concede the mob.

That will never happen though.

icedwards
04-07-2018, 06:00 PM
Or we could just be grownups and admit when we fuck up. If you agro wveryns in another guilds FTE concede the mob.

That will never happen though.

I mean, we can go right back to pointing to your wyvern trains in November/December, then you guys point right back at Bruize this week - or we can discuss real changes.

Detoxx
04-07-2018, 06:07 PM
I have a really good idea on how to fix this

How about when you're shown a fraps of one of your guild members obliterating the opposing guilds fter and all the monks waiting to secondary that fter while the mob still has over 50% life left...you drop the mob and concede it!

No need to add more rules when you can just adhere to the ones already in place.

Phatez
04-07-2018, 06:08 PM
I mean, we can go right back to pointing to your wyvern trains in November/December, then you guys point right back at Bruize this week - or we can discuss real changes.

Point point point point point. Cry cry cry cry cry.
Grow grow grow grow up.

Maner
04-07-2018, 06:08 PM
I haven't heard any other fixes, care to share?

And I haven't seen any problems. The issue right now is your guilds leadership and going back to FTE races isn't going to fix that problem.

Funny, I don't see any videos here from November or December, I also don't see any in the other thread. Are you still bitching about the people who trained them when there wasn't even a target up let alone being pulled?

Phatez
04-07-2018, 06:13 PM
You guys are unbelievable. Instead of breaking the rules and then making RNF threads about how it’s unfair and how unreasonable AM is and about how we need more rules.

Why

Don’t

You

Just

Follow

The

Rules

??????

icedwards
04-07-2018, 06:18 PM
I love this "our wyvern trains happened only during off hours when nothing was in window and nothing had spawned and it's totally your fault for getting trained anyways" talking point AM is parroting now. We submitted multiple videos of live FTE'ers being trained, and all that came out of it was a few AM monks getting individual suspensions for the month of January. Here we are, AW trains a AM FTE with wyverns, and it's bloody murder.

Believe it or not, wyvern trains are going to keep happening. I'll gladly discuss options with anyone level-headed enough to come to up with ideas on how to remedy the inevitable issue.

I like Kluwen's idea. Come earn your reeeetox bux and tell me why it's dumb.

Maner
04-07-2018, 06:20 PM
I love this "our wyvern trains happened only during off hours when nothing was in window and nothing had spawned and it's totally your fault for getting trained anyways" talking point AM is parroting now. We submitted multiple videos of live FTE'ers being trained, and all that came out of it was a few AM monks getting individual suspensions for the month of January. Here we are, AW trains a AM FTE with wyverns, and it's bloody murder.

Believe it or not, wyvern trains are going to keep happening. I'll gladly discuss options with anyone level-headed enough to come to up with ideas on how to remedy the inevitable issue.

Considering there is an entire 40+ page thread right now that proves awakened and it's leadership lies, requiring you to prove your claims seems like the logical next step. Notice how you keep repeating the same claims and yet have never bothered to provide support for them? That is you emulating your leadership which is the real problem.

Phatez
04-07-2018, 06:22 PM

It’s not dumb. It’s a good idea, but it’s impossible to enforce without bind sight fraps on each other’s pullers. It makes the meta more complicated and rewards more BS fraps which is already dumb.

What will happen is FTE stalling.

icedwards
04-07-2018, 06:28 PM
It’s not dumb. It’s a good idea, but it’s impossible to enforce without bind sight fraps on each other’s pullers. It makes the meta more complicated and rewards more BS fraps which is already dumb.

What will happen is FTE stalling.

Fair criticism - is the concern that opposing guilds will wait for pull teams to run to aary, then drop wyverns off at, say... eashen? My back of the napkin view of this is active FTE'ers are free to send secondary monks/etc up to Aary, other guild keeps secondary pullers at 4-way hub but can coth into dagarn ledge. I think stalling is a real issue, and in that case it becomes FFA where secondary pullers at the hub are then allowed to move up to try and get the pull.

@Maner: Bad dog, go sit in the corner and think about how to remedy your critical levels of aspergers.

Endonde
04-07-2018, 06:45 PM
It seems like it would be in both guilds best interests to fully rotate everything, the majority of targets are rotated already. Yet guilds are still being suspended at an alarming rate, Awakened is suspended a little over a 1/3rd the time these days, and this will likely catch up to Aftermath eventually as well.

Just gotta find a way to make Rogean and co. not hate you for rotating shit on their server.

Ravager
04-07-2018, 07:23 PM
Then why reply?
It was an effort on my part to show the OP that what he posted ultimately did not matter in the grand scheme of things. I wanted to show him that his efforts were futile and would ultimately go unrewarded. I was hoping to open his eyes to the wider world out there where elfsim pixels do not matter on a Saturday night. I wanted to show him that there were other avenues to travel that did not involve negotiating with anonymous internet nerds for imaginary things. I was genuinely trying to show him a better life.

Now, why the fuck are you replying?

RedXIII
04-07-2018, 07:29 PM
Its amazing how quick you morons start the: "no its impossible because YOU did this" and then the second moron comes along and say "we did this because you did that"... "We play clean, you are the cheater!" ... "No YOU ARE! Watch the fraps that doesnt show shit!" "No you watch it, and WATCH IT FAST BECAUSE I WANT THE MOB NOW!"

Thats exactly what i am trying to figure out with you guys help. HOW can we end this?

Stop pointing fingers at each other. We both want the same thing, fucking morons.

Btw, Casual guilds, scrublinngs... besides the usual "Lets rotate everything" What you guys feel we can do to fix this raid scene so more guilds can step up and come to play?

@Detoxx, calm down. Don't make me smack you.

Ravager
04-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Btw, Casual guilds, scrublinngs... besides the usual "Lets rotate everything" What you guys feel we can do to fix this raid scene so more guilds can step up and come to play?
Play nice policy with no leapfrogging as Rogean envisioned in the first place: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13306&highlight=leapfrog

Maner
04-07-2018, 08:46 PM
Its amazing how quick you morons start the: "no its impossible because YOU did this" and then the second moron comes along and say "we did this because you did that"... "We play clean, you are the cheater!" ... "No YOU ARE! Watch the fraps that doesnt show shit!" "No you watch it, and WATCH IT FAST BECAUSE I WANT THE MOB NOW!"

Thats exactly what i am trying to figure out with you guys help. HOW can we end this?

Stop pointing fingers at each other. We both want the same thing, fucking morons.

@Detoxx, calm down. Don't make me smack you.

"How can we end this, you fucking morons" perhaps the first step would be for you to stop trying to help

Sivaeb
04-07-2018, 09:01 PM
It was an effort on my part to show the OP that what he posted ultimately did not matter in the grand scheme of things. I wanted to show him that his efforts were futile and would ultimately go unrewarded. I was hoping to open his eyes to the wider world out there where elfsim pixels do not matter on a Saturday night. I wanted to show him that there were other avenues to travel that did not involve negotiating with anonymous internet nerds for imaginary things. I was genuinely trying to show him a better life.

Now, why the fuck are you replying?

Because your eloquent wordsmithing has given me an erection beyond belief

RedXIII
04-07-2018, 09:05 PM
"How can we end this, you fucking morons" perhaps the first step would be for you to stop trying to help

I would truly care about your opinion if i knew who you are ingame, but i don't so it probably means you are irrelevant to this conversation. So stay out of it if you have nothing to add.

RedXIII
04-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Play nice policy with no leapfrogging as Rogean envisioned in the first place: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13306&highlight=leapfrog

I read that post, do you think this whole "First in force" would work? i mean, sounds to me way more complicated then what we got right now... take pictures of /who and with who engage first the trash mob towards the mob and allow that force a clear shot to it because they start to clear first? Sounds a lot harder then what we got right now... dunno. Care to elaborate how you think this would play out with the enviorement we got?

Tenderizer
04-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Yo, posting this on RnF just so people can flame, rant and cuss me or the proposition freely.

So, i was thinking that the best moments competition i had on server lately was during the 1h lockouts. FTE races was cool and a good way to avoid the pulling/training drama that goes on when insta engages that we have atm.

With 1H lockouts we don't need to rotate shit anymore because the drama and petitionquest would be much lesser since you have 1h freely to plan and kill ur thing.

In my eyes it would also help casual guilds since they suck at rushing to kill the mobs and would give them time to coordinate and etc.

I think the FTE Races by foot is something that we need to address thou, since the FPS lowering tecniques is a thing and its hard to police... but maybe make it into a CoTH MAGE FTE race? since its probably less exploitable (if you coth duck, you are a loser even if you "win" the fte.

In my perfect world i would keep things as they are and just freely compete but sadly when 2-3 guilds are trying to pull the same mob to the entrance lots of shit happens. Train each other, train up when the FTE is not even yours to cockblock the other team and lots of other shennanigans that savage people with low morale do. Also we have leaders/officers who cannot agree to things so i would love to make a system where subjectiveness is the lowest possible.

Anyways, wanted to hear you guys about it. I feel it would be a nice break from the petition quest non stop because "you pulled wyrverns" or "You agro that dragon to leashe it away and get new fte" and all other stuff that we been thro.

Post your thoughts, i am not here for blood or discuss about A/A whos right or wrong, i just truly want to make the raid scene better before the new GM's bug Sirken enough to make him rotate shit serverwide and kill p99 classic feeling. (not here to discuss your idea of classic either, Rogean, Nilbog and Sirken played on a server that did not had rotations, so did i. If your server rotated, thats too bad for you!)

It was done before but 1 big issue was early morning pops, waiting around to see that outcome. what are the goals? less staff intervention? less time wasted raiding pixels and getting banned? less meltdowns?

Everytime I turn around and check in on you peeps someones suspended ect... might be impossible to get everyone to agree on anything and then to enforce it

Maner
04-07-2018, 09:41 PM
I would truly care about your opinion if i knew who you are ingame, but i don't so it probably means you are irrelevant to this conversation. So stay out of it if you have nothing to add.

Another example of why you should not be the one trying to help solve anyone's problems, you have too many of your own you cant seem to work out

Triiz
04-07-2018, 10:23 PM
I've heard this isn't a server that allows you to show up and press the "free loot" button, which is what FTE races did for the 99% of people that didn't get FTE's.

I've also heard your only options at this point is 1) join a guild getting mobs under the current rules or 2) get good.

Something something welfare pixels.

Rygar
04-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Lol at saying how rotated mobs aren't classic but endorses lockouts and mario kart everquest.

Just drop the classic argument, GMs did shit a bit different depending on server situation, deal with it.

The simplest solution is just enforce a bag limit on mobs, maybe 7 or 8 per 7 day. Some strategy comes into play, lesser mobs go to up and coming guilds, and you still have competition.

And please sirken, make certain areas like ToV exit / entrance no kill zones for boss mobs. Make these people earn pixels like the elders did.

Prismaticshop
04-08-2018, 05:33 AM
Henrique, your president and your guild is in prison

Rip

RedXIII
04-08-2018, 11:39 AM

Rip

Both unjustified and poor judgment on the judge's part. But shrugs. Again i am not here to judge bro, just wanted to try and fix the raid scene but people are more interested in blood and destroying other guilds with petitions and bullshits. Shrugs. This server will become Red99 soon if this keeps up, people say they want compete but all they want is freetime to kill dragons that will be here in 10years. More and more people will have less desire to play on a sandbox where rules are not followed by the staff accordingly. But again, i don't care to judge, its their sandbox, if they want us gone... all they have to do is say it.

I am done, not sure about my guild but i will just probably just deguild and log in once in a while to some dumb farming spot or exp group, or just to talk crap with friends that i find online. None of the core in Awakened has logged in much at all besides batphones for the last 6 months because we are all tired of this "You must be a good politician and suck GM's ball to play on this sandbox".

Good luck playing here, it was very fun and Nilbog did a great job creating classic EQ, sadly the CSR GM's are autist kids who doesn't talk to the community and just punish folks without letting us know what they want from us. Today its US, tomorrow will be someone else if you dont jump when they tell you to jump.

I am ready for my forum ban, i bashed the P99 staff who cannot handle criticism, bring it!

Again, was a pleasure. Thanks Nilbog and Rogean for creating this and all the hidden Development team that get less credit but are also very important to the project.

Foxplay
04-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Make these people earn pixels like the elders did.

Except all raiders want batphone 10min raids to collect pixels... Even by some of their own accounts a large portion of their guild only logs in for batphones

Part of the reason p99 raiding is so toxic is the bloat from all the raiders who don't even play on the server outside of raid logging. Few of them want to actually clear trash, many would if it meant getting all dragons in North, but none of them want to clear for 1 or 2 dragons. They want their easy mode raids that are done in a few minutes.

If the server staff made zone pulling against the rules you'd see a massive die off of these players

So they all agree to keep the status quo of zone pulls that can be botched and then risk petition quest

Valrok
04-08-2018, 12:29 PM
I think the administrators of this server should keep things classic like they love to pretend they are doing and stay out of the business of telling raid guilds how to play. Sony / Verant stayed out of it, as should they. Rules made by raid guilds are one thing but enforced by GMs are another.

Ravager
04-08-2018, 12:48 PM
I read that post, do you think this whole "First in force" would work? i mean, sounds to me way more complicated then what we got right now... take pictures of /who and with who engage first the trash mob towards the mob and allow that force a clear shot to it because they start to clear first? Sounds a lot harder then what we got right now... dunno. Care to elaborate how you think this would play out with the enviorement we got?
It wouldn't work here. It's an ideal that can never match the people here because it would require everyone to have patience, self control and respect for each other. There just isn't enough socially at stake for folks to moderate their own behavior. It's just wishful thinking on my part that if people saw someone clearing to a mob they'd be decent and just move on until next time.

The real answer to these problems is another blue server, or ideally another 2-3 blue servers. It's as classic as can be, since we weren't all forced to share the same server back on live. Each server can do their own thing as far as competition, rotations and play nice policies go. Hell, could even make one an instance server.

But that's not a solution the players can implement. There really isn't a solution the players can implement.

Skew
04-08-2018, 01:22 PM

Rip

3rd World problems.

Daloon
04-08-2018, 01:35 PM
I am done

\o/

Detoxx
04-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Both unjustified and poor judgment on the judge's part. But shrugs. Again i am not here to judge bro, just wanted to try and fix the raid scene but people are more interested in blood and destroying other guilds with petitions and bullshits. Shrugs. This server will become Red99 soon if this keeps up, people say they want compete but all they want is freetime to kill dragons that will be here in 10years. More and more people will have less desire to play on a sandbox where rules are not followed by the staff accordingly. But again, i don't care to judge, its their sandbox, if they want us gone... all they have to do is say it.

I am done, not sure about my guild but i will just probably just deguild and log in once in a while to some dumb farming spot or exp group, or just to talk crap with friends that i find online. None of the core in Awakened has logged in much at all besides batphones for the last 6 months because we are all tired of this "You must be a good politician and suck GM's ball to play on this sandbox".

Good luck playing here, it was very fun and Nilbog did a great job creating classic EQ, sadly the CSR GM's are autist kids who doesn't talk to the community and just punish folks without letting us know what they want from us. Today its US, tomorrow will be someone else if you dont jump when they tell you to jump.

I am ready for my forum ban, i bashed the P99 staff who cannot handle criticism, bring it!

Again, was a pleasure. Thanks Nilbog and Rogean for creating this and all the hidden Development team that get less credit but are also very important to the project.

Continue to blame staff instead of the leadership you chose to follow. How has that worked out for you?

Argh
04-08-2018, 02:00 PM
None of the core in Awakened has logged in much at all besides batphones for the last 6 months because we are all tired of this "You must be a good politician and suck GM's ball to play on this sandbox".

You don't need to be Machiavelli, but not having your most retarded member (Eratani) who is held in contempt by all who have ever had to deal with him be the main person responsible for keeping your guild unsuspended would be a good start.

Maner
04-08-2018, 06:31 PM

Probably the best choice you could have made. Stop playing and find some help. Just reading your posts shows how much of a mental toll this game and server has put on you. Little that you say actualiy makes sense and the majority of it is just repeating what your officers have told you...

RedXIII
04-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Probably the best choice you could have made. Stop playing and find some help. Just reading your posts shows how much of a mental toll this game and server has put on you. Little that you say actualiy makes sense and the majority of it is just repeating what your officers have told you...

Still absolutely no idea who you are ingame... well, shrugs, stay mad friend. Maybe a not-a-shroud monk? dunno sounds like it.

Thanks for worry about my mental health, i can assure you its just fine. ;)

Detoxx
04-08-2018, 10:55 PM
Still absolutely no idea who you are ingame... well, shrugs, stay mad friend. Maybe a not-a-shroud monk? dunno sounds like it.

Gratz you got a shroud off someone else's back and are terrible monk to the likes of dianamel.

Maner
04-08-2018, 10:56 PM

It obviously isn't fine if you associate anger with this server or anything that has happened on this server.

All i know of you is how bipolar 99% of your posts are. It is like you just get angrier and angrier as you type. This causes your grammar to suffer right along with ability to express coherent thoughts. Clearly this game has gotten you to the point that your entire life has revolved around it for the last, who knows how many years. Taking a step back and practicing some self reflection can do nothing but help you.

You honestly think people still care that you were a nobody who participated in waking the sleeper? You irrelevance knows no bounds.

RedXIII
04-08-2018, 11:02 PM
Gratz you got a shroud off someone else's back and are terrible monk to the likes of dianamel.

Yep, terrible monk. You got me there pal. Never did shit to my guilds, is why they reward me with loots, didnt u know? Zero FTEs over the years, zero pulls, i stay in corner just to dps and don't even hide from the AOE because busy with my greasy hands eating pizza. You got me... i will try improve.

Stay mad Toxx, RMT that SoD from Kegluas and pretend it was a gift. Yeaaah right...

@Manner, still no clue who you are... but the moment you speak my language as good as i speak yours, maybe i will get offended by not putting words or thoughts right in english for you. #getfukd not-a-shroud pal.

Pezy
04-08-2018, 11:39 PM
Not sure who all is mad here but I'm quite certain you're one of them.

Mockba1980
04-09-2018, 02:26 AM
Ex-President ‘Lula’ of Brazil Surrenders to Serve 12-Year Jail Term

About time!