PDA

View Full Version : Alawen

Myth
02-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Live Lord Grimrot was up in SK last night. Nobody around, and no players on track. Two of my guildies run w/o sow from Paw to the skeleton ruins and poof... Alawen (Druid of IB) shows up. he immediately says:
"No"
"I will not kill him for you, if you are going to do it, do it yourself"
I don't recall any of us asking for help, but whatever, that is not the point.

Nothing brought more joy to my heart than a 27 monk, 28 cleric, and 27 druid killing Lord Grimrot in front of this druid who couldn't do anything but sit there and watch. I beamed a smile at him as Grimrot died and got
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9721/alawen.jpg (http://img715.imageshack.us/i/alawen.jpg/)
(first line says "He's mad because we can do it")

Ok, ok. He could have KS'd us... so thank you for not being a complete asshole and KS'ing. Though it really wouldn't have mattered because he spawned again 30 minutes later!! Uweal and I both sent tells to Alawen telling him that he was up, but never got a response. Alawen had already cried his heart out that he lost his precious spawn.

Uweal then started camping the heart, and got it 2 hours later when dead grimrot spawned. According to Alawen, this is now 3rd heart on the server... lawl.

So, Alawen, you 'camp' this spawn for 2 days, and in a matter of 3 hours we saw 2 live grimrots and 1 dead?
Cry a little more next time you piece of shit.

Hasbinbad
02-13-2010, 03:03 PM
http://memegenerator.net/Content/Images/Instances/Cool-Dog-Hey-Cool-story-bro41.jpg

Murphy
02-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Memegenerator.hasbinbad.net

Brad_mo123
02-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Wait, so you actually take the time to post on the forums becuase someone said a few bad words to you? I think you are pointing at the wrong person for crying here bud.

uweal
02-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Haha, we aren't crying. We found the whole situation hilarious. Also, got the Aegis, so unfortunately the scythe didn't see any bank time...

L2Phantom
02-13-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't get it.

Myth
02-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Wait, so you actually take the time to post on the forums becuase someone said a few bad words to you? I think you are pointing at the wrong person for crying here bud.

Yeah, I took a whole 2 minutes out of my day to post. I wanted to share my experience, as well as call Alawen a piece of shit.

oh, and Alawen will understand what I mean by crying.
He spent a good bit of time complaining in tells to Uweal about how he will never see the heart and that there are only 2 that ever dropped on the server, enjoy banking the scythe forever, blah, blah, blah.

karsten
02-13-2010, 08:40 PM
alawen's pretty nice. he used to drop everything to port me, he puts his guild before himself, and is generally amiable in vent as well. three cheers for alawen!

Otto
02-13-2010, 08:47 PM
alawen's pretty nice. he used to drop everything to port me, he puts his guild before himself, and is generally amiable in vent as well. three cheers for alawen!

Truth.

Also, I know of 4 hearts that have been dropped and used to complete the quest, and every one of those 4 finished items have been sitting on characters who haven't logged in since December.

Simon Belmont
02-13-2010, 08:59 PM
I dont have any beef with you, but I know Alawen has been camping that for days on end when we havent been raiding. I think he was also killing stuff around the area to get quill to spawn. I congratulate you on your loots and I hope he gets his Grimrot soon as well.

Sloth
02-14-2010, 12:40 AM
qtf

Zexa
02-14-2010, 12:56 AM
That heart was a fucking retarded long camp

Tristin
02-14-2010, 01:41 AM
I usually agree with Karsten on things that are above my level, so yea...Cool Story Bro!

Kazoruuk
02-14-2010, 04:23 AM
I camped this about a week ago and saw two undead grimrots and one live grimrot in a period of about one hour. :X I also had silvia come get the extra undead one. I got crazy lucky.

Erasong
02-14-2010, 10:14 AM

i leveled a bit with this guy and added him to my F list as a pretty nice individual. fuck you OP.

Segoris
02-14-2010, 11:00 AM

This. Great guy

/cheer Alawen

Rael
02-14-2010, 12:44 PM
ITT: All Alawen's friends trying to big him up after he was caught acting like a dick in EQ.

Glitch
02-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Idk, I got the scythe and heart in like an hour.
NERF SPAWN PLEASE

Pheer
02-14-2010, 01:20 PM
ITT: All Alawen's friends trying to big him up after he was caught acting like a dick in EQ.

o no detective rael has cracked this case wide open

please dont expose us!

Myth
02-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Alawen says: I play EQ on an emulated classic server and I'm kind of a big deal.

Alawen Everywhere
02-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Dear Myth,

I apologize for calling you a nobody and hurting your feelings.

Congratulations to your friend on his shield.

Hi and thanks to all my friends! Hi friends!

Love,
Alawen

Hasbinbad
02-14-2010, 02:34 PM
I apologize for calling you a nobody and hurting your feelings.
That's nice of you. Not everyone can admit when they are wrong and apologize. That was kind of a jerk thing to say. Other than that, these people can eat my dick for whining.

Ektar
02-14-2010, 02:47 PM
grats alawen on achieving a hate turned praise thread.

Doug the Jerk couldn't get that.

drplump
02-14-2010, 02:50 PM
ALAWEN IS A JERK!

Ikeren
02-14-2010, 04:31 PM

He came here specifically to apologize. I'd say that shows pretty good character.

anthony210
02-14-2010, 05:28 PM
I dont really agree with posting this on the forums but thank you for coming to apologise Alawen.

IMO It wasnt that we got our feelings hurt it was the manner in which you responded to us. You said you were camping the mob for 2 days. Myth found Lord Grimrot up while myself and Uweal were inside Paw. We ran from Paw to the skeleton camp near NK without sow, then sat prepping at the camp for atleast a minute or so. Only then did you show up.

At that time I didnt know you were camping the mob and I was going to ask you for help but before we could even ask you simply said "Oh no, im not helping you kill him". A simple sorry but ive been camping him for days so I am just gonna wait and see if you guys can kill him then ill take my shot would have been fine.

When we killed him, you raged at us for over 20 minutes. You called us nobodies and said to Uweal that he would never get the heart. Which is ironic because less than 3 hours later Uweal got the heart and the very next day he has the Aegis of Life.

We did not KS you, We did not steal your camp. We didnt deserve to be raged at by you. And your just showing your elitism by calling us nobodies simply because your in IB.

Again thanks for your apology, maybe you are indeed the great guy everyone says you are but you certainly did not show it that night.

Erasong
02-14-2010, 05:36 PM
i dont think he was being elitist. He was playing the odds. Odds of the other grimrot not spawning for a bit and odds of you continuing playing as was noted earlier in this thread, a few people have major items that never log in anymore. Trust me when I say, he isnt what you think he is.

anthony210
02-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Calling people nobodies simply because you think your better than them or that you somehow deserve the item more than they do is elitism. What did you expect? Oh sorry, please take Lord Grimrot since we are nobodies and your Lvl 50 in IB...

If he was really camping the mob for 2 days maybe he should have been at the camp where the mob spawns? Perhaps then this wouldnt have been an issue.

yaaaflow
02-14-2010, 06:07 PM
What do you want, he apologized. Alawin has been camping that like crazy when he can, but since we've got an awful lot of raiding going on we keep dragging him away from it. After having to ditch the camp multiple times to do guild stuff he shows up, the mob he is after is there, but someone else is killing :\ So he overreacted a bit, and has since apologized.

Anyway quit blaming his IB tag for this, it took me at least a month to turn into an elite asshole after joining up I don't think Alawen has hit that stage yet.

Alawen Everywhere
02-14-2010, 06:09 PM
I left to port someone and returned to find you three opportunists staring at the spawn. I declined when you invited me to your group and asked me to kill it for you. I said nothing else until you repeatedly taunted me.

I thought I deserved the spawn because I killed about twenty of the previous spawns during that session. When two other individuals came to camp for their shield, I surrendered the camp to them on both occasions. I try to be respectful and courteous about all camps.

Congratulations on how easy the camp was for you. I'm sure that it seems like a long run from Split Paw to the spawn point without SoW, but it's actually less than a minute. I returned on Saturday and spent several more hours before the live Grimrot spawned again.

karsten
02-14-2010, 07:52 PM
christ you guys aren't nobodies, you're gigantic assholes

Myth
02-14-2010, 09:08 PM
The replies to this thread just further prove a point. The elite act like nobody has ever played Eq before. Like we all haven't camped shit for days on end in live. Like we haven't already done this before... I guess we killed
grimrot just for the simple fact that he had a name over his head that didn't start with "a" and had to quick look up what he dropped was used for...

As far as my feelings go... Far from hurt. This post was created just to show your attitude towards others, that is all. I could care less that I was called a nobody. I've done and seen plenty in my years of playing EQ live and have nothing to prove to you or anyone else for that matter.

On that note, it was very noble of you to post an apology. Thank you for that. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Going forward, all
I ask is you be a bit more kind to others.

Thanks again,
Myth

Jewce
02-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Alawen is a really cool guy, this thread is a fail

karsten
02-14-2010, 10:17 PM
being a newbie on this server also isn't an excuse to play the victim card and act like a complete dickhead either, fuck you myth

drplump
02-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Alawen is a really cool guy, this thread is a fail

Jewce I know you are in Divinity with comments like that it is clear you are an IB SPAI!!!!

anthony210
02-15-2010, 09:06 AM
No one is playing a victim karsten. We are just saying that he acted a bit rude towards us for no reason.

Pheer
02-15-2010, 09:13 AM
No one is playing a victim karsten. We are just saying that he acted a bit rude towards us for no reason.

Oh *SHIT* are you serious? He acted a bit rude? THE PLOT THICKENS

Thats it, im totally voting no on alawen's app. Being slightly rude to people is grounds for immediate dismissal in IB you know!

drplump
02-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Ban Alawen and anyone who calls him friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erasong
02-15-2010, 10:31 AM
The replies to this thread just further prove a point. The elite act like nobody has ever played Eq before. Like we all haven't camped shit for days on end in live. Like we haven't already done this before... I guess we killed
grimrot just for the simple fact that he had a name over his head that didn't start with "a" and had to quick look up what he dropped was used for...

As far as my feelings go... Far from hurt.
Thanks again,
Myth

Im calling total bullshit on this post. "the elite" is a rather blanket statement for everyone who replies to this thread. Ill have you know my highest level on this server is 35, and im not affiliated with any of the top end guilds here but still found you guys clearly being jackasses in this thread.
I think you are just a bit butthurt that he called you guys nobodies tbh and that you arent server elite yourselves yet or this shit wouldnt have gone on for as long as it has. You're aspiring elitist trash who got upset someone called you out as nobodies.
As far as the elite possibly referencing Alawen, maybe you havent read the 3 pages of people all saying the exact opposite. Ill even quote myself for you.

i dont think he was being elitist. He was playing the odds. Odds of the other grimrot not spawning for a bit and odds of you continuing playing as was noted earlier in this thread, a few people have major items that never log in anymore. Trust me when I say, he isnt what you think he is.

Dabamf
02-15-2010, 11:40 AM
I was about to read this thread, but I don't read threads started by nobodies

Trimm
02-15-2010, 12:01 PM

sick burn

drplump
02-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Who posted this thread again? Alawen right?

anthony210
02-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Forget it. Alawen is a saint. We should have bowed down and gave up the spawn as soon as he showed up at the camp because we are nobodies so we dont deserve to kill the great Lord Grimrot or loot his heart!

I am sorry, next time we will know our place and give it up. We shouldnt even be camping Lord Grimrot, he is reserved for only veteran players.

Sorry Alawen

Zexa
02-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Forget it. Alawen is a saint. We should have bowed down and gave up the spawn as soon as he showed up at the camp because we are nobodies so we dont deserve to kill the great Lord Grimrot or loot his heart!

I am sorry, next time we will know our place and give it up. We shouldnt even be camping Lord Grimrot, he is reserved for only veteran players.

Sorry Alawen

Glad to see you know your place now! Don't let me catch you getting all uppity again, ya hear?

Erasong
02-15-2010, 01:48 PM

Sorry Alawen

here you go again drawing some imaginary fucking line in the sand with veteran player bullshit. This has NOTHING to do with anyone feeling superior than another other then YOU GUYS getting butthurt over his nobodies comment. Ive even quoted myself explaining what other people have said in thread. The largest ego around so far has been you guys. Also,
News flash: changing elite to veteran but still implying the same thing doesnt really change anything at all.

Finawin
02-15-2010, 02:13 PM
No, calling someone a nobody because you got beat to a spawn is elitist and pretty sad. It's funny that you're sucking on some random stranger's balls, though. lol keep it up.

I've never had any encounters with Alawen I don't think. So it's probably just an isolated incident anyways.

uweal
02-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Okay, everybody just needs to calm down. This isn't about elitist vs. nobodies, this is about Alawen throwing a hissy fit after losing out on a spawn. He may very well be the greatest person to play the game, but that night he was a bit of a douchebag. And I was a douchebag too. I'm not attacking him or anything, I just found the situation to be hilarious. He was banking on us dying, and who would blame him? Three guys under 30, one being naked, trying to kill Grimrot, and we somehow pull it off. So if everybody could relax, that would just be great.

Aaron
02-15-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm glad at least one or two people in this thread can see that Alawen was a douche in this instance. Whether that's his character or not doesn't matter, he pulled a Mel Gibson here and showed that he at least somewhat feels that he is superior to people lower level than him.

Hasbinbad
02-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Too cool, hep cat, too cool. *snap*
he pulled a Mel Gibson
I lol'd.

Alawen Everywhere
02-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Hey, welcome back to my thread! I don't think anyone really remembers the original point of this thread, but it's become a cool place for me and my friends to stop by and hang out a little bit.

So how's everyone doing? I've been catching up on Hulu a little bit since all that raiding we did last week and generally relaxing.

See you later box pals!

drplump
02-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Alawen came up and INSPECTED ME WITH OUT ASKING WHAT THE FUCK

Erasong
02-15-2010, 09:55 PM
if alawen woulda blown the mob the fuck up, we'd have a real thread. This thread is just trying to make someone look like a major douche for being human and having a bad moment. The Green rager ( see wut i did thar? ) thread showed more doucheness and got less support for the OP. Simple point: this thread is dumb.

Zithax
02-15-2010, 09:57 PM
lul erasong

drplump
02-15-2010, 09:58 PM
We have all been there this game is brutal and it takes a long time to do anything. I have been on both ends of this situation and I can understand both people. Your thread is just as bad if not worse. All he did was privately get mad at you. You in turn publicly got mad at him. Alawen dropped it I suggest you do the same.

Erasong
02-15-2010, 11:42 PM
not my thread. we as in the community to lol over =D I have zero to do with this other than being bored and reading forums

Keystone
02-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Seriously what a pussy, I would have TOTALLY KS'd the fuckers.

Lupin
02-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Alawen is a very nice person from my experiences. When I started out on this server, he helped me in every way he could and still does. When I have a question that I need answered, he immediatley responds and gives me the answer. He also guides me through different zones if I'm lost and don't know what to do. But... thats just my experience.

kich1414
02-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Alawen is nothing more than Newala backwards...

ENUS
02-19-2010, 01:48 AM
First you reach around alawen then you cup then you stroke. wash rinse repeat Correct erasong?

Erasong
02-19-2010, 09:11 AM
100% correct.
You got me. how dare I express my contradictory opinion on an open forum. This must be flamed. Also let me know when you're done cupping MY balls. pages of pro Alawen posts and you suck on my dick. Necro'ed a thread to do it too. Honored for sure. You showed me tho. Thru strong use of vicious text with gay references I feel chastised into being quiet now... Well not really. Stfu.

Jeebus
02-19-2010, 06:21 PM
I thought the screenshot text was entertaining. This game truly can make a person rage. I am glad that when I get pissed I usually calm myself down pretty quickly.

Sloth
02-20-2010, 01:40 AM
First you reach around alawen then you cup then you stroke. wash rinse repeat Correct erasong?

Then you work the shaft and swallow the gravy.

Hasbinbad
02-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Then you work the shaft and swallow the gravy.
Whoah there, Skippy. Let him edge me a little more before he STAMPEDES for the gravy! Premature much?

Simon Belmont
02-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Whoah there, Skippy. Let him edge me a little more before he STAMPEDES for the gravy! Premature much?

Complete lack of tonguing the balls makes me angry.

Tristin
02-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Alawen is nothing more than Newala backwards...

4141hcik

no u