PDA

View Full Version : An Open Apology

Supreme
03-23-2018, 06:54 AM
About 3 years ago i created a character named Whitemare Grandwizard. At the time there were alot of racially charged issues. Being bored with EQ i thought it would be amusing to troll about it. I made comments like "if it aint white it aint right", "that is mighty white of you", "where the white women at" and "i always enjoy the holidays because i dream of a white christmas". Whitemare no longer exists.

Being bi-racial in RL i can honestly say that I am not racist nor do I support racism in any form. My actions were my own and i accept responsibility for them and have been paying the price ever since.

Please accept my sincere apology to anyone that i may have offended. It was my intent to inflame and I truly regret my actions.

Tenderizer
03-23-2018, 07:08 AM
If I were you Id regret that name in your avatar first.

d3r14k
03-23-2018, 10:03 AM
RIP sweet prince

He now trots in the lands of Valhalla, riding atop his sentient burning cross.

Seriously though, if this apology is legitimate, kudos. Personally speaking, it takes a lot to offend me, so I can't see this getting a rise out of a lot of people. But then again I am white, so... Maybe I'm not qualified to have an opinion here.

radda
03-23-2018, 10:10 AM
Hey may think his name was changed personally but a lot were changed white, and good to hear from you

danzig
03-23-2018, 10:26 AM
Some wrongs must finally be made white.

Jk nice of you to apologize. I bet Uni hated that name lol

Also sup Supreme.

Raavak
03-23-2018, 10:28 AM
Why this now?Being white has only become inappropriate and/or illegal recently.

Canelek
03-23-2018, 11:04 AM
Glad to hear it.

These days, actual racists have only become emboldened by the fucking moron (I was going to say orange moron, but didn't want to offend Oompa Loompas) that somehow ended up in the White House. If there is any silver lining to it, at least the racists are easier to identify now, what with the cheap MAGA hats and tiki torches.

Supreme
03-23-2018, 11:38 AM
Why this now?

Because I did not say it before and I want it to be stated.

kotton05
03-23-2018, 11:49 AM
hashtag all lives matter

deezy
03-23-2018, 12:00 PM
#MeToo

Irulan
03-23-2018, 12:23 PM
:googles open gaping wounds:

skarlorn
03-23-2018, 02:39 PM
honestly this is hilarious

"that's mighty white of you" makes me lol to think of a gnome saying that to me in norrath

sorry you bitched out and couldn't keep up a good sense of humor

you've been libcucked.

jilena
03-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Fuck this shit. Race war! Now!

Nagoya
03-23-2018, 04:22 PM
To be fair, from a Lore point of view, Norrath must be absolutely filled with racism, xenophobia and other fear of the other in all its glorious forms.

Just /role it and live the dream bro!
Satire is not meant to be understood by all, embrace the backlash!

skarlorn
03-23-2018, 04:45 PM
This guy caused slavery

jilena
03-23-2018, 04:50 PM
To be fair, from a Lore point of view, Norrath must be absolutely filled with racism, xenophobia and other fear of the other in all its glorious forms.

Just /role it and live the dream bro!
Satire is not meant to be understood by all, embrace the backlash!

Out of the way, Peck!

Canelek
03-23-2018, 04:51 PM
This guy caused slavery

This is true. But he apologized, so to quote the great John Oliver, "cool."

d3r14k
03-23-2018, 04:59 PM
to quote the great John Oliver, "cool."

This only works with a deadpan expression upon delivery and sarcasm turned up to 11 on the dial.

Love John Oliver.

Atramentous
03-23-2018, 05:36 PM
Got denied from Aftermath

Some folks in Awakened are not happy with him being an app

So either come clean or be booted from AW too

Not an app anywhere or any guilds.

Honestly the best people that I had the pleasure to play with were in Rustle. Most of them are in AM. Yes i was denied AM because of comments i made a long time ago. Nothing about what or who i am now. While that does not "excuse" me it is my intent to offer my sincere apologies.

I obviously offended a great deal of people with my trolling and insensitive comments. I humbly offered an open apology. You can either accept it or reject it. Nothing else to come clean about.

Canelek
03-23-2018, 05:54 PM
This only works with a deadpan expression upon delivery and sarcasm turned up to 11 on the dial.

Love John Oliver.

You are correct. And yes, he is a national treasure.

Tenderizer
03-24-2018, 09:49 AM

Doesnt seem worth it. Just goes to show those 2 guilds have silly priorities when it comes to EQ. Treat each other and the server like shit but require a grown man to apologize for comedy? Gtfo, your trolling, hes trolling.

ZiggyTheMuss
03-24-2018, 05:45 PM
Yeah nothing to apologize for, a real racist would have it so ingrained in them that they probably wouldn’t think to joke about it like that.

Maner
03-24-2018, 05:55 PM
Glad to hear it.

These days, actual racists have only become emboldened by the fucking moron (I was going to say orange moron, but didn't want to offend Oompa Loompas) that somehow ended up in the White House. If there is any silver lining to it, at least the racists are easier to identify now, what with the cheap MAGA hats and tiki torches.

Nothing says "I am a racist" like generalizations and bigotry... keep up the good fight lol

Sonderbeast
03-24-2018, 05:58 PM
It's okay to feel racially superior if you are Iksar

Naxi
03-24-2018, 07:14 PM

valaka
03-24-2018, 11:07 PM
Glad to hear it.

Fake news

Canelek
03-24-2018, 11:34 PM
Fake news

Catch phrase used when fully bought in to the propaganda machine. Good work.

skarlorn
03-25-2018, 12:29 AM
]

That's mighty white of you.

rollin5k
03-25-2018, 12:31 AM
Catch phrase used when fully bought in to the propaganda machine. Good work.

thinking the opposite of what mainstream media feeds you is buying in to the propaganda machine? dumb

Zekayy
03-26-2018, 10:22 PM

hes still part of our guild.....

Canelek
03-27-2018, 02:06 AM
thinking the opposite of what mainstream media feeds you is buying in to the propaganda machine? dumb

Fox News and Jesus? Sure thing pal.

I'll take a difference of opinion when it is not drenched in white nationalism. We had plenty of that in Germany almost a century ago.

The Mexicans are not after yur gurns, yo.

Rainik Stormseeker
03-27-2018, 03:46 AM
Nothing says "I am a racist" like generalizations and bigotry... keep up the good fight lol

this.

Endonde
03-27-2018, 07:20 AM
About 3 years ago i created a character named Whitemare Grandwizard. At the time there were alot of racially charged issues. Being bored with EQ i thought it would be amusing to troll about it. I made comments like "if it aint white it aint right", "that is mighty white of you", "where the white women at" and "i always enjoy the holidays because i dream of a white christmas". Whitemare no longer exists.

Being bi-racial in RL i can honestly say that I am not racist nor do I support racism in any form. My actions were my own and i accept responsibility for them and have been paying the price ever since.

Please accept my sincere apology to anyone that i may have offended. It was my intent to inflame and I truly regret my actions.

I never had a problem with you on a personal level, but didn't you have a character named coons as well?

d3r14k
03-27-2018, 07:52 AM
I never had a problem with you on a personal level, but didn't you have a character named coons as well?

"Coons" as a character name seems pretty harmless.

As long as it wasn't an Erudite. ... It was an Erudite, wasn't it?

Barkingturtle
03-27-2018, 09:12 AM
It's important to understand the terminology associated with various concepts, particularly if we are interested in the pursuit of truly equitable justice. In this vein, the actions of the OP--though immature and gross--were not racist. By definition, racism requires the perpetrator possess some power to affect the lives of the group against whom he is prejudiced. Everquest players, also by definition, obviously have no power. Thus, Everquest players cannot be racist, merely bigoted, stupid and juvenile. Hope this helps you guys in your individual journeys of growth. Namasté.

Teppler
03-27-2018, 09:17 AM
I don't care that you are racist but you sound low class and stupid.

Teppler
03-27-2018, 09:22 AM
"Being bi-racial in RL i can honestly say that I am not racist nor do I support racism in any form. My actions were my own and i accept responsibility for them and have been paying the price ever since."

What kind of price are you paying?

Nikkanu
03-27-2018, 09:48 AM

Erudite cleric... yep. Funny he didn't mention this.

Nikkanu
03-27-2018, 09:52 AM
Are we also going to see an open apology for power tripping, banning people from Taken's voice chat server over a disagreement when you weren't an officer, taking down their forums without even offering them an archive of the content to put on their new forums, etc etc?

valaka
03-27-2018, 10:06 AM
Fox News and Jesus? Sure thing pal.

I'll take a difference of opinion when it is not drenched in white nationalism. We had plenty of that in Germany almost a century ago.

The Mexicans are not after yur gurns, yo.

https://i.imgur.com/rIdBUQC.jpg

Whirled
03-27-2018, 10:18 AM
What's the wiki price for forgiveness and/or compassion?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4aELnPYCIc

Canelek
03-27-2018, 10:38 AM
https://i.imgur.com/rIdBUQC.jpg

Is the meme a justification for you? Fairly standard dipshit excuse, really.

Oh, but....

LostCause
03-27-2018, 11:05 AM
worst name ive seen ingame has to be kneegrow slayer and yes that was a legit name ingame

Canelek
03-27-2018, 11:22 AM
fbi or cia should look into this person, they're usually the homegrown american terrorists

That sort of hate-speech should always be monitored based on recent events. Do you only watch the fox news?

skarlorn
03-27-2018, 11:31 AM
As a white person, I feel that this apology is racist. being white is good, jsut as being black or brown is good. if OP was less of a cuck b!tchboy perhaps he would have realized this. but instead he is an incel worm who dwells beneath the dewey sheets of salvation, writhing like a pit viper hungry to hurt people while pretending to apologize

skarlorn
03-27-2018, 11:42 AM
please sTop following me from thread to thread attacking my ethnicity and grousing ab out how it's okay taht you're MORBIDLY obese, spyder72. i don't know who, or WHAT, you are but it's not appreciated. we are here to pay alms and you are instead gibbering madly at the hem of my robes defecating into a preserved fish bladder and cradling the mess as though it were your baby please STOP folowing me from thread to thread attackign me for being white and bullying me for exercising

kotton05
03-27-2018, 11:46 AM
No one is following you. You’re in every thread...

Supreme
03-27-2018, 12:02 PM
Are we also going to see an open apology for power tripping, banning people from Taken's voice chat server over a disagreement when you weren't an officer, taking down their forums without even offering them an archive of the content to put on their new forums, etc etc?

When you pay for something with your own money...you own it. When you own it you have authority.

You should get your facts straight about the forums. Taken officers "scorched earth" all the forums of any information before they "left".

I do not apologize for asking Taken to leave. They had 42 apps tagged and were shitting up the place disrupting long time community members that actually contributed to our success.

Supreme
03-27-2018, 12:04 PM
As a white person, I feel that this apology is racist. being white is good, jsut as being black or brown is good. if OP was less of a cuck b!tchboy perhaps he would have realized this. but instead he is an incel worm who dwells beneath the dewey sheets of salvation, writhing like a pit viper hungry to hurt people while pretending to apologize

Pit Vipers are pretty dangerous.

Supreme
03-27-2018, 12:06 PM

He was.

Supreme
03-27-2018, 12:08 PM
What kind of price are you paying?

Reputation.

Supreme
03-27-2018, 12:10 PM
I don't care that you are racist but you sound low class and stupid.

I am the lowest class and the stupidest you could ever know.

Feel better now?

Supreme
03-27-2018, 12:11 PM
It's important to understand the terminology associated with various concepts, particularly if we are interested in the pursuit of truly equitable justice. In this vein, the actions of the OP--though immature and gross--were not racist. By definition, racism requires the perpetrator possess some power to affect the lives of the group against whom he is prejudiced. Everquest players, also by definition, obviously have no power. Thus, Everquest players cannot be racist, merely bigoted, stupid and juvenile. Hope this helps you guys in your individual journeys of growth. Namasté.

This does not fit the narrative of "Supreme is racist". Thanks for trying to explain it.

Supreme
03-27-2018, 12:17 PM
Listen to this song it will make you feel better

https://soundcloud.com/derekwaynebrown/record-year-eric-church-acoustic-covermashup-with-soul-to-squeeze

I feel great.

U ok?

Canelek
03-27-2018, 12:31 PM

Patriam1066
03-27-2018, 12:33 PM
Coons the erudite is racist

Teppler
03-27-2018, 12:37 PM
I am the lowest class and the stupidest you could ever know.

Feel better now?

So what's wrong with racism exactly?

skarlorn
03-27-2018, 12:43 PM
No one is following you. You’re in every thread...

Your oblivious nature always impresses me!

skarlorn
03-27-2018, 02:20 PM
you are instead gibbering madly at the hem of my robes defecating into a preserved fish bladder and cradling the mess as though it were your baby

Wonkie
03-27-2018, 02:33 PM

foxnews is the most popular news the channel

hope this helps

skarlorn
03-27-2018, 02:36 PM
to be fair, fox is better than CNN in this presidential cycle

hope THIs helpS

Wonkie
03-27-2018, 02:43 PM
to be fair, fox is better than CNN in this presidential cycle

hope THIs helpS

possible, just pointing out the actual mainstream media :)

matticas
03-27-2018, 02:51 PM

With as many insecure man-boys as you encounter on P99 and this forum, it's pretty impressive you did this and a) haven't defended yourself or b) gone after anyone in subsequent posts. Really impressive. Honor to you.