PDA

View Full Version : The life of a druid?

Skegi
03-13-2011, 02:43 AM
-casting ensare-
*resisted*
-casting ensnare-
*resisted*
-casting ensnare-
*resisted*
/say dfklgjdfgjdkfghdlgjdk
-casting ensnare-
douche is ensnared!
-casting ensnaring roots-
*resisted*
douche is engulfed by roo- jk they broke
*resisted*
*resisted*
douche is engulfed by roots!
-casting creeping crud-
douche is engulfed by a swarm!
-casting immolate-
*resisted*
-casting immo-
not enough mana

Anyone else experience shit like this. Is this how a druid is? This is my first time playing one and I love it but sometimes these resists get really annoying.

Evalina
03-13-2011, 03:19 AM
-casting ensare-
*resisted*
-casting ensnare-
*resisted*
-casting ensnare-
*resisted*
/say dfklgjdfgjdkfghdlgjdk
-casting ensnare-
douche is ensnared!
*resisted*
douche is engulfed by roo- jk they broke
*resisted*
*resisted*
douche is engulfed by roots!
-casting creeping crud-
douche is engulfed by a swarm!
-casting immolate-
*resisted*
-casting immo-
not enough mana

Anyone else experience shit like this. Is this how a druid is? This is my first time playing one and I love it but sometimes these resists get really annoying.

U missed /roots self
*Mob attacks you for 300 points!*
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

LOL at least thats what has happened to me a couple of times lol..

Saskrotch
03-13-2011, 03:50 AM
Need a port for CR.

Saskrotch
03-13-2011, 03:50 AM
Can I have a SoW?

Skegi
03-13-2011, 03:54 AM
Need a port for CR.
Can I have a SoW?

Sure dude, np. :)

Kimm Barely
03-13-2011, 05:46 AM
get paid

bluejam
03-13-2011, 06:34 AM
Anyone else experience shit like this.
Nope.

Torven
03-13-2011, 06:54 AM
You druids are seriously bitching about the wrong problems. Who cares about dots or snare resists? The real issue is

You begin casting Allure of the Wild.
Your Allure of the Wild spell has worn off.

Leokaiser
03-13-2011, 06:59 AM
Don't use roots unless you have a significant level advantage or the mob has weak MR, way too unreliable for the mana cost. Immolate pretty much sucks, both due to it's mana efficiancy (2 damage per mana compared to Flame Lick's 3) and the amount of resists you will get even on weak blues.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the druid solo playstyle as I leveled up to 30. Mana efficiancy is not what I had hoped for, root is useless at times and snare/med kiting is such a chore. Quadding at 34 makes up for this however; there aren't many great spots for it in the Old World, but when Kunark opens, say hello to a world of rapid exp.

Aarone
03-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Leokaiser's correct, Ensnare/Ensnaring Roots are unreliable until you're a) consistently higher level than what you're pulling or b) are at least several levels higher than the spell's level (both are 29, correct)? You'll get a feel for when they will work, and when they won't.

As a general rule of thumb, kite reds/yellows and root rot blues, until you get the familiarity and feel for both, and then you should be able to intuit when you can modify your tactic situationally. Also (esp. if attempting reds), if the snare doesn't land right away (first couple of attempts) then get out of Dodge and try again later - the resists on the Snare are only indicators of likely resists on the rest of your casts.

Alawen Everywhere
03-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi. Extremely experienced druid here. Level 55 druid on Xev, 60 on Sullon Zek, 60 on Kane Bayle, 65 on Stromm, 60 on VZTZ, 60 on P99.

I'm going to let you all in on the secret: druids aren't very good. They're one of the weakest classes for grouping, with mediocre buffs, heals and nukes. They have no raid role whatsoever. They're not even very good scouts. In fact, as far as I can tell, druid track on P99 has too big of a range and it should be nerfed. Druids are laughably bad in pvp.

Druids are basically good at two things: powerleveling other characters up to level 20-30 depending on class and popping around the world farming greens and light blues. That's pretty much it. Quad kiting isn't bad, but be ready for 10-15 minutes of meding in between each quad.

Why, you might ask, do I play a druid? I have no idea. If you want to be powerful, make an enchanter, a bard, or a necro.

Have a nice day!

Kimm Barely
03-13-2011, 11:40 AM
i love sow too much to reroll necro :(

Daldaen
03-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi. Extremely experienced druid here. Level 55 druid on Xev, 60 on Sullon Zek, 60 on Kane Bayle, 65 on Stromm, 60 on VZTZ, 60 on P99.

I'm going to let you all in on the secret: druids aren't very good. They're one of the weakest classes for grouping, with mediocre buffs, heals and nukes. They have no raid role whatsoever. They're not even very good scouts. In fact, as far as I can tell, druid track on P99 has too big of a range and it should be nerfed. Druids are laughably bad in pvp.

Druids are basically good at two things: powerleveling other characters up to level 20-30 depending on class and popping around the world farming greens and light blues. That's pretty much it. Quad kiting isn't bad, but be ready for 10-15 minutes of meding in between each quad.

Why, you might ask, do I play a druid? I have no idea. If you want to be powerful, make an enchanter, a bard, or a necro.

Have a nice day!

Druids during classic - Velious (velious especially... was terrabad) aren't all that great. Only reason I play one is because I did originally + ease of transportation.

PvP, Mediocre Heals/Buffs/DPS, and little desirability in group game all stays true for about... ~ half of EQs life. But the later half of EQLive, that the majority of you never played, druids are awesome in all those categories if you know what you're doing.

Reynard_CT
03-13-2011, 12:58 PM
This druid talk makes me nostalgic about fun times in PoJ... fun in PoJ seems impossible, I know.
When it was actually a populated zone full of people asking/demanding/begging for trial runs, I used to enjoy kiting the High Guardian of Justice mobs around the zone. While it was great xp, the most fun was freaking out the fresh PoP initiates at the PoJ zoneout.

Myrkskog
03-13-2011, 01:25 PM
I never understood why there are so many druids. Sure they can port, but other than that they suck.

Leokaiser
03-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Druids have a lot of appeal to people who like to help other players out. Between ports, SoW, DS, heals and other buffs, you have a lot of tools to make a lot of tasks less painful for others. Added to that the ability to solo well when there are no groups open, and to slot into various roles in groups when you can find one, even if Druid isnt the most ideal choice, it's pretty easy to see why they are so popular.

GreenRanger
03-13-2011, 02:22 PM
mfw Droods can solo Undertow

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4797/1277899987668.jpg

Stay free P99

Alawen Everywhere
03-13-2011, 02:47 PM
I think the big appeal is that Spirit of Wolf and Ensnare combine to make it almost impossible to die unless you're doing something super stupid. Even if you do die, you're back in a hurry.

I would disagree that druids can solo "well." Let's just say that druids can solo, unless you're talking about quad-kiting, which I will agree is fairly nice experience, though not as good as a balanced chain pulling group.

loneless999
03-13-2011, 02:56 PM
number 1 reason people play druids

to sell ports to other people to make PP to buy items for another toon

druid is a good class to start with if you dont want to be broke

yaaaflow
03-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey don't forget that druids have it pretty good here on p99. As if the spells you cast in your OP weren't wasteful enough root and snare shouldn't even overlap (snare breaks root, root breaks snare) until just after velious

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html (Jan 9th 2001)

Slave
03-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Hey don't forget that druids have it pretty good here on p99. As if the spells you cast in your OP weren't wasteful enough root and snare shouldn't even overlap (snare breaks root, root breaks snare) until just after velious

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html (Jan 9th 2001)

Apart from anything else, what you are saying via this timeline is that Taunt should not affect mobs higher level than the taunter until after Velious?

yaaaflow
03-13-2011, 04:26 PM
it would appear so, and that's how taunt is currently working on this server I think?

Paleman
03-14-2011, 02:35 PM

Have a nice day!

Spot healing, debuffing( AC debuff is pretty useful imo), regeneration/chloro for necros/monks, healing in between CH chains, curing disease/poison.

you sound extremely experienced at ignoring a druids capabilities. but aside from all that, every class seems to be as useful, or as useless as you play them in this game.

Alawen Everywhere
03-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Spot healing, debuffing( AC debuff is pretty useful imo), regeneration/chloro for necros/monks, healing in between CH chains, curing disease/poison.

you sound extremely experienced at ignoring a druids capabilities. but aside from all that, every class seems to be as useful, or as useless as you play them in this game.

Our biggest heal in classic is Greater Healing, 270 hit points. Yes, once in a while we can save the enchanter, but our heal is basically irrelevant for a tank and if a squishy has aggro from a real mob, 270 hit points isn't going to save them. We can't even cast it as fast as high level mobs can do that much damage.

AC debuff? Do you mean Flame Lick?! That decreases AC by 4. Not 40. not 400. 4. Four. It's also extremely high aggro. In fact, it's a great spell for aggro kiting with rangers or wizards or pet classes. I used to do that in Plane of umm. One of those places in PoP. So if your idea is for a druid to get aggro and die quickly so he can afk until after the fight, great idea. Otherwise, not so much. Or do you mean Ro's Fiery Sundering (5 to 9 AC) or possibly Fixation of Ro (15 to 22 AC), both of which are Velious spells and also extremely high aggro?

Yes, necros love chloroplast and we actually had a raid role back before manastones were nerfed in the planes--everyone wanted chloroplast AND SLN and they cost tons of mana so we basically spent all our time medding and casting those two buffs, which was fine. Monks mostly don't care about ten hit points a tick. They just get a CH when they're under 50% or so and mend is down. I usually buffed pull monks, but honestly 100 hit points a minute has very little effect. Furthermore, shamans can also cast chloroplast for the two or three necros on any given raid.

Yes, druids get Counteract Disease and Counteract Poison, which means if we chain cast, we can cure one person of the dracoliche effect in between area effects. Cool. On the other hand, shamans get Abolish Disease and clerics get Abolish Poison, both of which are more than four times as effective as counteract.

Maybe you should learn a little bit about druid abilities before disagreeing with me. I really do know what I'm talking about. If you want to point out ways druids can actually make themselves useful, we can charm gorillas in fear and rats in hate and do a shitload of damage because of our pet-only haste spell. We're decent at kiting adds in open areas like Fear, although we better be perfect at the kite.

But the bottom line is that druid is about the last choice of class for any given situation. Instead of regening the necro, just bring another necro. Instead of healing the enchanter, just bring another enchanter. We can't even port people to the planes.

It's nice that you want to try to prove me wrong by glancing at the druid spell list, but your half-assed conflusion just happens to be grossly wrong.

Alawen Everywhere
03-14-2011, 04:16 PM
I left off Immolate, which is also has an AC debuff element of 10 to 18 AC. It's also high aggro and super high resist. Excellent.

inyane
03-14-2011, 04:24 PM
regen is important on the pull monks because they are often FD away from the raid, so they can't get healed. at least all the monks i played with did give a crap about 10 hps/tick. hell, if they could get 1 more hp/tick they would do it.

so, yeah, in classic, druids not so great for raiding. but they got more useful every expansion. they are certainly became valuable secondary healers for aoe's and such. though i don't think they really came in to their own till after velious, so on this server....meh

Alawen Everywhere
03-14-2011, 04:44 PM
regen is important on the pull monks because they are often FD away from the raid, so they can't get healed. at least all the monks i played with did give a crap about 10 hps/tick. hell, if they could get 1 more hp/tick they would do it.

so, yeah, in classic, druids not so great for raiding. but they got less useful every expansion. they are certainly became valuable secondary healers for aoe's and such. though i don't think they really came in to their own till after velious, so on this server....meh

Alawen Everywhere
03-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Fixed! It gets worse, not better. Mobs hit harder, have more hit points, higher resists. We get the nice FR/CR buffs in Kunark and that becomes our bigger raid role until... whatever that mana regen hp buff is.

What you will never hear in EQ: the raid has been canceled because we don't have any druids.

Kimm Barely
03-14-2011, 05:55 PM
ok so whats an alternative to druid that's solo friendly as i haev no friends

Skegi
03-14-2011, 06:24 PM
This thread has been very enlightening. Thank you all for the info, keep it coming! :D

Messianic
03-14-2011, 06:26 PM
ok so whats an alternative to druid that's solo friendly as i haev no friends

Wizards are in a similar boat to druids until 51. Quad kiting rocks, but soloing single mobs isn't very fun. At 51, wizards get an AoE spell that is so much more efficient from their previously most efficient AoE that its really ridiculous...

But 1-24 sucks. 24 is when quad kiting actually became worthwhile for me.

Rasah
03-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Our biggest heal in classic is Greater Healing, 270 hit points.
Curious that you would limit your comments to classic when Kunark is less than 2 weeks away.

Rasah
03-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Hi. Extremely experienced druid here. Level 55 druid on Xev, 60 on Sullon Zek, 60 on Kane Bayle, 65 on Stromm, 60 on VZTZ, <b>60 on P99</b>.
Just bumping this in case you insist this was a classic only discussion.

burkemi5
03-14-2011, 07:35 PM

i guarantee that he leveled to 60 on beta

jammer191
03-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Honestly, In my eyes they totally killed our class. I am level 33 I tried to kill a yellow HG yesterday it resisted snare 3 times then killed me cause I didn't know SoC broke SoW now. So then I decide hum well i cant solo HG's now lets try a griffon. The griffon was snared for about 30 seconds. I hit it with creeping crud, resisted my evocation dot Immolate. 3 Times, then preceeded to break snare and kill me I honestly can't find where it says what they changed but whatever it was it ruined the game for me I'm certainly not playing my druid till I can kite stuff again. So you nerf the fuck out of the druid and let the necros and mages be OP as fuck I mean you say druids are OP but we cant do near the damage of any of those classes but I guess we can heal for a shitty ammount of HP. But If i wanted to friggin heal. Wouldn't I have rolled a cleric?

Alawen Everywhere
03-14-2011, 10:41 PM

That was obviously a typo. I'm 50 on P99.

Alawen Everywhere
03-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Our Kunark lineup of heals is:

Super Healing 540 hit points 185 mana (2.92 hp/mana) 3.5 second casting time
Chloroblast 428 hit points 175 mana (2.45 hp/mana) 3 second casting time
Nature's Touch 978 hit points 400 mana (2.45 hp/mana) 5.5 second casting time

Do you really want to be on the side arguing that those are great choices? They're certainly better than Greater Healing, which is basically garbage, but they're far from main healing eligibility. If it makes you feel better to patch heal a couple melees or casters, enjoy it. That's what I usually did on raids, but it made a whole lot more sense to log out and bring my cleric.

So what do you want to get excited about? Wildfire? Winged Death? Circles of Summer and Winter? That's about all there is. Our only really cool spells in Kunark are Egress and Succor. They're really solid. The rest? Increasingly worse than the equivalent heals, nukes and dots from the better classes.

You can argue all day long and druids will still be a pretty weak class.

Alawen Everywhere
03-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Whoops! I used current numbers for Superior Healing; my mistake. Here's the classic numbers:

540 hit points 250 mana (2.16 hp/mana) 4.5 second casting time

Awesome, huh?

Hobby
03-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Druids can be a tree

Get over it :/

Alawen Everywhere
03-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Spirit of Oak is actually a really good tree to be, if one can get one's hands on the scroll.

I'm not even trying to talk anyone out of being a druid. I'm just saying here are the realities, get used to it. Getting tipped 25 platinum for ports now and again isn't a road to riches, so if someone is going to play a druid, it'd better be just because they like the idea of a druid.

Spud
03-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Don't listen to Alawen!
Druids can sow, heal, teleport, shoot fireballs from our eyes and lightning from our arses!

Aarone
03-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Don't listen to Alawen!
Druids can sow, heal, teleport, shoot fireballs from our eyes and lightning from our arses!

Hey - all this time I've been trying to shoot fireballs out my ass and NOW you tell me I'm supposed to be shooting them out of my eyes??

Damn, I guess that ends all the fun for me! ;)

Toobit
03-16-2011, 08:47 AM
I love playing a Druid.. We are a utility class. Our spells are what they are. Why bitch about their effectiveness compared to other classes? We can do alot of things those other classes cannot do at all.

That crappy little 270 point heal has saved many a group or raid from wiping completely..

I can't think of any well-played class that isnt a welcome addition to any group or raid. Outside of the holy trinity of Tank/Cleric/Chanter.. No class is a MUST have on raids..

There are no 'weak' classes.. only weak players.

Alawen Everywhere
03-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I love playing a Druid.. We are a utility class. Our spells are what they are. Why bitch about their effectiveness compared to other classes? We can do alot of things those other classes cannot do at all.

That crappy little 270 point heal has saved many a group or raid from wiping completely..

I can't think of any well-played class that isnt a welcome addition to any group or raid. Outside of the holy trinity of Tank/Cleric/Chanter.. No class is a MUST have on raids..

There are no 'weak' classes.. only weak players.

Bravo! Well said!

Now, think you can talk your way into a disco or jugs group with your bullshit? I think no.

Toobit
03-16-2011, 06:20 PM
I've never had a problem getting groups anywhere.. Maybe you just have a bad attitude or something..

I guarantee you will see me in Sebilis groups.. and I wont have to talk my way in with my 'bullshit'.. People know me and how I play.

If you REALLY truly think that we serve no purpose in high-end camps.. then you REALLY dont know how to play a Druid...

Toobit
03-16-2011, 06:27 PM
And before you even go there... My main on live was an 85 Druid with 2k AA's.. and I'm lvl 50 on P99...

My main was a raid-healer on the 2nd highest Raid guild on the Combine.. Was in the CH rotation right up through PoP, till the tanks just had too many HP's..

And yes.. I know it's different in Classic, and we arent AS effective before AA's... but weak? I think not.

Harrison
03-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Don't use Combine "experience" as a piece of your argument. That's just begging for it.

Apples to Oranges

Toobit
03-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Point taken. Was merely illustrating that this isnt the 1st Druid I ever played.. been playing EQ since before Kunark, played a druid to 60 on nameless before quitting for awhile..

Point is.. like Alawen.. I am also a VERY experienced druid... difference is.. I happen to like it.

Harrison
03-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Another Nameless! Represent!

Alawen Everywhere
03-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Why would I play a druid if I didn't like it? I absolutely love to quad. I have no explanation why, but I think it's awesome to run along with four nasties and then have four bodies to loot. I'd probably think swarm kiting was the coolest thing in the universe.

I'm just much more realistic about our capabilities. We're never good healers in the scope of this server. We're never good DPS in the scope of this server. We can't pull or tank. Snare isn't necessary with the screwy runspeed stuff on P99.

So that leaves what? Try to spam heal the chanter when he fucks up? Let the rogue run amok for a while before he evades? DS the tank? Be ready to evac if your puller is inept? A wizard or a ranger or a shaman is sounding pretty good to that group right about now.

You're half a wizard and one fourth of a cleric. I love my druid. I fool around on him most days. Then, when it's time to group or raid, I play a real character.

Toobit
03-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Alawen, man.. you have such a negative outlook..

I enjoy doing all those things you describe.. I Love it when I save the chanter.. whether he 'fucks up'.. or more commonly.. when someone else breaks one of his mezzes.. I like the responsibility of keeping the DS, and whatever other buffs, up on my groupies... I take pride in recognizing a hopeless situation and ripping off a timely evac that saves a lengthy CR..

Patch healing between pulls... dropping a nuke here and there.. quick-rooting a loose mob.. Harmony in outdoor zones (yes.. Karnor's Castle is an outdoor zone. I'll seeya there) to facilitate pulls.. Keeping SoW on everyone in case we gotta zone it... This is our role.. and I love it all.

We were never intended to heal as well as Clerics, Nuke as well as Wizards, or buff as well as Shammys... but we are the only ones that can do all three, and then some.

I tend to worry less about what we CAN'T do and try to be the best at what we CAN do..

I can't really argue your major points.. all are true.. but why dwell on that crap?

We have our role.. and when executed well.. it is both desirable and appreciated.. at least in the groups that I have been in.

Alawen Everywhere
03-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Maybe you haven't noticed, but our root has a damage component. That means you just broke mez. If the enchanter who was having trouble but just got a mez to stick was standing in melee range, you just killed him.

I don't see myself as having a negative outlook at all. I am simply a realist--perhaps that's unwelcome to you. Perhaps you'd like to live in a dream world where druids are TEH UBER ZOMG WHY DOESN'T EVERY GROUP HAVE ONE???

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. I think druids have no role. Perhaps the difference is that I have played major roles--I've anchored rotations as a cleric and main tanked as a warrior.

This is not WoW. There are key classes. Clerics are the most powerful class. Tanking with a warrior requires the most capable player--their limited abilities mean they have to take advantage of every small thing. Enchanters need to be the most reactive. Shamans need to be consistent. DPS classes all need to be very active. Druids need to... huh. Try to look busy? Yeah.

Toobit
03-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Nope.. no negative outlook there..

Okay.. we agree to disagree.. fair enough.

Toobit
03-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Ok.. just one more thing...

Perhaps YOU never noticed.. but not every group HAS a chanter.. in which case root can be a vital method of CC...

Not every group has a wiz.. in which case the only hope of evac falls to a Druid...

Not ever group even has a Cleric( OMFG can you imagine!)... in which case a shammy/druid combo or even (the HORROR) 2 druids can do a perfectly capable job of healing...

Don't believe me? Ask anyone from the dozens of groups in Lguk or Solb where I found myself a MOST welcome addition...

Perhaps the IDEAL group put together on paper may not include a druid... but the game isnt played on paper, bud..

Bruno
03-16-2011, 09:44 PM
His argument is in the case you had all of the most useful classes present, not in the case where you don't have one. that's what you aren't understand heh. You just proved his point by saying 2 druids doing the job of one. He's not taking your ability to play your class well away from you, but lets say you were playing a cleric vs a druid, you would be more efficient healing for more. Doesn't mean you are better or worse of a player.

Toobit
03-16-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm going to let you all in on the secret: druids aren't very good. They're one of the weakest classes for grouping, with mediocre buffs, heals and nukes. They have no raid role whatsoever. .

Have a nice day!

I saw nothing there about having all the ideal classes available.. which in reality is usually nonsensical anyway..

Bruno
03-16-2011, 09:55 PM
I saw nothing there about having all the ideal classes available.. which in reality is usually nonsensical anyway..

You're seeing what you want to see :) but that's ok. It's not going to keep me from sleeping tonight.

Toobit
03-16-2011, 10:02 PM
His argument is that Druids have no role in groups or raids...

MY argument is that we are a utility-class capable of filling in the gaps for whatever a group may be lacking..

THAT in itself.. IS a role.....

Darian
03-16-2011, 10:28 PM
His argument is that Druids have no role in groups or raids...

MY argument is that we are a utility-class capable of filling in the gaps for whatever a group may be lacking..

THAT in itself.. IS a role.....

Don't mean to pile on, but you're second- or third-best at that as well. Bards are the quintessential gap-filling utility class...

Toobit
03-16-2011, 10:33 PM
No offense taken.. but bear in mind... Bards have nothing to compare to our HP buffs.. Regens... Damage shields.. SoW for pullers... and.. with Kunark dungeons just around the corner... no way to evac..

Alawen Everywhere
03-16-2011, 11:50 PM
You show me how it's done, big boy. Go ahead and solo heal on fire giants, efreeti, ghoul lord or froglok king. I hate to tell you this, but there's just nothing impressive about your ability to do half the healing at a level 35 camp.

Toobit
03-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Bards tend to fill the gaps that we do not... i wouldnt really compare the two.. they can CC much better than a root can... but thats about it.. they dont DD, regen, DoT, Harmony, HP buff or heal NEARLY as well as a good druid can.. nevermind evac...

That being said... I LOVE a good bard in my group... definitely the most difficult class to play at all.. nevermind play well..

A good Bard is a great thing to have... a bad bard is a friggin nightmare..

yaeger
03-17-2011, 12:08 AM
You show me how it's done, big boy. Go ahead and solo heal on fire giants, efreeti, ghoul lord or froglok king. I hate to tell you this, but there's just nothing impressive about your ability to do half the healing at a level 35 camp.

I don't think anyone has ever said that a druid can/should be able to heal as well as a cleric, or nuke as well as a wizard.

Druids have always been one of the stronger and more popular classes in EQ because they have a multitude of roles that they can fill.

They can solo heal most group content and provide that emergency evac, they can nuke almost as much as a wizard but spot heal if the cleric goes OOM. They can buff, but aren't locked into being a buffer/debuff class.

What exactly brought on this 'druids are crap' argument? Since the majority of posts I've seen in P1999 about druids have been to nerf the OPness outta them.

Alawen Everywhere
03-17-2011, 12:26 AM
You know what? Forget I said anything. You are a unique and beautiful snowflake. You will find amazing groups in Sebilis and Karnor's Castle and Chardok. In fact, you're so special that you will have your choice of the very best camps.

Hey, would you sell me a fungi and a hiero cloak?

Toobit
03-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Alawen.. you are freakin me out, dude..

Are you really this ignorant?

Toobit
03-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Just because no one wants to group with YOUR druid.. dont pass it off on the rest of us..

Torven
03-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Nuking nearly as well as a wizard means jack when spell damage in this game is so useless/expensive to begin with. Wizards are in even worse shape than druids because of it.

Clerics are the only healers in the game when your tanks have 3k+ hp.

The reason why you bring a druid at the higher levels is because of evac, as druids are better than wizards, and that's about it. Aside from the "because he/she is my friend" reason anyway.

Toobit
03-17-2011, 12:41 AM
yeah.. thats the only reason to bring a druid...

Alawen Everywhere
03-17-2011, 01:16 AM
It's a conspiracy, man. I'm obviously a complete tool at this whole game and the other people are just trying to make you look bad so they can take your spot in the leet groups with their shitty rogues and shamans and necros.

Toobit
03-17-2011, 02:24 AM
dude.. ur a druid that sucks... not al druids suck.. get over it

Toobit
03-17-2011, 02:29 AM
I cant fuckin wait to turn you down for a spot in Disco... cuz we need some DPS and not another cleric.... read into it, man....

Bubbles
03-17-2011, 02:43 AM
Don't mean to pile on, but you're second- or third-best at that as well. Bards are the quintessential gap-filling utility class...

Necros laugh at bards. 3min root, screaming terror, Lich mana regen, actual in-battle healing ability all while still providing actual dps.

C'mon now seriously.

As for the druids, there's few things more glorious than having evac in a group, and the ability to get *to* a dungeon in less than 2 hrs to actually start XPing. Couple that concept with baby heals, regen (so very, very underrated), thorns, HP Buffs, STR for whiny melee, ghetto crowd control, invis, sow, and nukes. Believe me, a solid druid is a welcome addition.

My only real gripe with the druid class is their bear pet should at LEAST be bigger than the haflling casting it. Just Sayin'.

yaaaflow
03-17-2011, 04:05 AM
Eh while I haven't always seen eye to eye with Alawen calling him out for being bad at EQ/bad as a druid is pretty absurd. He's not lacking in any way in a) EQ skills b) EQ knowledge or c) giving his honest opinion about shit. Like 1/4 of everyone else on the server I've also got a 50 druid and I enjoy the class, but in a raiding sense (which is where this topic started out I think) they really are pretty meh because they are OK at everything and best at nothing.

The way it really busts down is the more people in the group the less use for druids - solo? awesome. duo? great. trio? solid. full group? ok. small raid? alright. full raid? zzzz

Toobit
03-17-2011, 05:13 AM
Eh while I haven't always seen eye to eye with Alawen calling him out for being bad at EQ/bad as a druid is pretty absurd. He's not lacking in any way in a) EQ skills b) EQ knowledge or c) giving his honest opinion about shit. Like 1/4 of everyone else on the server I've also got a 50 druid and I enjoy the class, but in a raiding sense (which is where this topic started out I think) they really are pretty meh because they are OK at everything and best at nothing.

The way it really busts down is the more people in the group the less use for druids - solo? awesome. duo? great. trio? solid. full group? ok. small raid? alright. full raid? zzzz

zzzz.. eh..? let me ask you... what role do Bards play in a full raid? Rangers? Mages? Paladins? Necros? SK's? Should we all just stay home and leave it to the 'important' classes?

Ridiculous... really...

And nobody called out Alawen, fyi.. he called out my entire class.. claiming that we had no useful role whatsoever in groups or raids.. which I dispute...

Bruno
03-17-2011, 05:33 AM
zzzz.. eh..? let me ask you... what role do Bards play in a full raid? Rangers? Mages? Paladins? Necros? SK's? Should we all just stay home and leave it to the 'important' classes?

Ridiculous... really...

And nobody called out Alawen, fyi.. he called out my entire class.. claiming that we had no useful role whatsoever in groups or raids.. which I dispute...

It's very apparent that you have a bias opinion, and that arguing with you is futile. I'm not exactly sure what you expect to happen here. Do you think the more you cry, the quicker people are going to change their minds? You aren't the only person in Everquest with a druid, I promise you.

The fact of the matter is that druids aren't going to be a make or break the raid/group class, but you could argue that the person playing the character can be. Realistically speaking, druids will get into groups and raids, but statistically they aren't going to be as powerful as pure classes.

Alawen Everywhere
03-17-2011, 09:03 AM
It's very apparent that you have a bias opinion, and that arguing with you is futile. I'm not exactly sure what you expect to happen here. Do you think the more you cry, the quicker people are going to change their minds? You aren't the only person in Everquest with a druid, I promise you.

The fact of the matter is that druids aren't going to be a make or break the raid/group class, but you could argue that the person playing the character can be. Realistically speaking, druids will get into groups and raids, but statistically they aren't going to be as powerful as pure classes, hybrids, melees or int casters.

fixed!

Alawen Everywhere
03-17-2011, 09:05 AM
I cant fuckin wait to turn you down for a spot in Disco... cuz we need some DPS and not another cleric.... read into it, man....

This is an interesting world you live in where druids make the call on clerics getting groups.

If I grovel with your leet treehugging highness, do you have a spot for my ranger, monk or necro?

RazzleDazzle
03-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Druids can be a tree

Get over it :/

the sole reason my brother was gonna play a druid until his sort attn span led him to other things

quellren
03-17-2011, 09:42 AM

Ridiculous... really...

Pretty much everything Alawen posted in this thread read in my mind as tongue-in-cheek trolling.

Pezmerga
03-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Druids aren't bad, nor are they great. They are decent though. Can be just fine in a normal exp group, and spot heal on raids as well. Clerics heal tanks, shamans and druids heal everyone else. Also Druids are decent crowd control when they can kite adds.