PDA

View Full Version : Raid Mob Drop History Bug Report is in

Rygar
03-09-2018, 09:31 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292981

Guessing some flames may happen so making this post. Please don't flame staff in thread (here or in the bug report). Flame me all you want here.

In truth I welcome any opinions in the bug report as to what should be modified to make P99 more classic and what is working as intended.

Please take a look.

Murri
03-09-2018, 09:46 AM
While classic raid loot is a good thing to work on I believe the staff should be focused on removing mouse wheel camera and tab targeting first!

Baylan295
03-09-2018, 09:53 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292981

Guessing some flames may happen so making this post. Please don't flame staff in thread (here or in the bug report). Flame me all you want here.

In truth I welcome any opinions in the bug report as to what should be modified to make P99 more classic and what is working as intended.

Please take a look.

This is an insane amount of classic-quest and I am impressed.

d3r14k
03-09-2018, 10:14 AM
This is an insane amount of classic-quest and I am impressed.

Rygar doesn't mess around. Mad respect.

I just skimmed the link, so apologies if it's in that thread somewhere, but how does this impact current drop rates? Judging by the tone in your preface, I assume this would lower drop rates on rare items?

Spyder73
03-09-2018, 10:27 AM
Go outside while there is still time

Rygar
03-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Rygar doesn't mess around. Mad respect.

I just skimmed the link, so apologies if it's in that thread somewhere, but how does this impact current drop rates? Judging by the tone in your preface, I assume this would lower drop rates on rare items?

Honestly I'm not sure, I don't know P99 drop rates for specific items, I just know people have been saying total number of drops should be higher or not as low, but seems like mobs weren't really a loot pinata as some remember.

I will say City Leaders in Velious seem to drop a lot of loot, I saw some reports that Dain on P99 had dropped head plus a single hammer, which I never saw as that low in the data.

Rygar
03-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Go outside while there is still time

Minnesota winter man, best time to ClassicQuest.

Rygar
03-09-2018, 11:02 AM
95% of the mobs drop what they should. The other ones have lower rates than what is listed in that bug report. Most likely due to admin discretion. Good job on wasting your life on something already known and implemented I guess.

My sweet Caiu, I yearn for the day where you will treat me as a neutral party and not some kind of sworn enemy, but alas...

The point of researching those drops is people were stating what it should be or should not be and wasn't backed up by hard facts, this is the hard facts which can now be referenced.

It was fun for me to gather the data and learned some stuff along the way, so no waste of life had occurred.

Rygar
03-09-2018, 11:32 AM
The new bi-monthly repop system is probably enough justification to also set loot to "classic" drops. If the admin's really wanted to keep stuff rare we wouldn't be having so much fun here.

It was a bit interesting reading the guild websites talking about their hauls. I guess ToV was a very unstable zone and Vulak was hard to kill consistently because zones would crash and they'd be 'cursed' with a full repop when it came up.

Obviously they were crawling and not zone line pulling, but seems like end gamers didn't really scoff at 2 loot drops as they were getting a ton of stuff often. Weren't as many competitors too I suppose (maybe 1 or 2 end game guilds per server)

d3r14k
03-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Lulz -- If we put your drawing on the fridge, will you stop posting it?

skarlorn
03-09-2018, 12:46 PM
after the 3rd of 4th time of lulz posting that pic i really came to appreciate him as a cool guy he's so neat

Oleris
03-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Imagine gore & Sev dropping up to 3 scales every kill..

Rygar
03-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Imagine gore & Sev dropping up to 3 scales every kill..

Sorry, maybe I should have busted that out better... those epic items are lumped together with Pally books.

I only saw some super rare cases of double scales and some double books. I think they are subject to a much lower percentage secondary dice roll. So maybe a scale has say 85% drop chance, upon success of that first roll, maybe a second roll is cast for a 2nd one to drop (say a 1-3% chance).

So I saw '2 scales + 1 book' or '2 books + 1 scale'. But I never saw 3 scales or 3 books. I think it would be possible for '2 scales + 2 books' but I never saw that, would be a very rare occurrence.