PDA

View Full Version : Permadeath Guild ( Gauging Interest )

Fizzletrix
03-08-2018, 07:52 PM
Would any of you be interested in participating in a permanent death guild?

If so please comment with what would be the most interesting rules to run it by .
Im thinking non twink, and try to have some rewards for toons reaching a specific level and such.

Christina.
03-10-2018, 03:12 PM
Sure I’ll make a character and play with you guys :)

But it’ll have to be when I’m not playing my main character Christina

shokar
03-10-2018, 06:44 PM
allow twinks. love to watch a geared elf eat shit

Jeni
03-10-2018, 09:39 PM
I already play this way it’s just too bad that I’m pretty much unkillable at this point. May delevel to 6 if I have any close calls though. Obv only PvP deaths matter.

deadlycupcakez
03-10-2018, 10:12 PM
id play

fan D
03-10-2018, 11:59 PM
do you accept lvel 60 toons who have yet to die on this server?

rogue here

Fizzletrix
03-11-2018, 04:32 PM
So looks like only pvp deaths would be the death condition.
Once your yellow tagged thats it toon is done or leaves guild i suppose.

Guild members can not go anonymous , defeats the purpose id think.

I'm sure someone is going to want to go out of there way to try to yellow tag a guild member , so it should be quite fun.

So the question is twinks and already established characters.
Should they be allowed to come into the guild?

I think ground up would be best , so you could really say hey im level 60 and ive carried a permadeath guild tag the entire way!

Thoughts?

Ignight
03-12-2018, 05:27 PM
This like Cypher Dec's guild on blue?

Fizzletrix
03-12-2018, 08:03 PM
This like Cypher Dec's guild on blue?

It would be similar , except PVE deaths are not considered.

Fizzletrix
03-12-2018, 08:07 PM
A concern that came up in ooc the other day was plugging.

I realize someone can become attached to a toon and not want to die or not like losing.
This guild would not be for them, it is that simple.

I think toons should be invited at level 1, no deleveled toons no already made toons just the one you want in the guild.

No twinking , no hand me downs, Earn it yourself!

Make it to 60 and try to stay alive!

Fizzletrix
03-12-2018, 08:09 PM
The last item that i need to resolve is the guild name.

I am open for suggestions on this.

But i was thinking Immortals..

Jeni
03-13-2018, 01:29 AM
Well max level for this is somewhere in the 32-35 range cause I’m going to hunt everyone down.

Fizzletrix
03-13-2018, 09:21 AM
Well max level for this is somewhere in the 32-35 range cause I’m going to hunt everyone down.

Thanks for your contribution to the post.
Please troll elsewhere.

Jeni
03-13-2018, 12:08 PM
Thanks for your contribution to the post.
Please troll elsewhere.

You seem to misunderstand me I’m not trying to troll promise. What I mean is If you level unanimously I WILL kill you when you enter my level range. That is if I don’t decide to delevel and come to you. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Fizzletrix
03-13-2018, 04:50 PM
That is what its all about, but why not take up the challenge aand level a toon under the tag?

Jeni
03-13-2018, 05:24 PM
You think I endured a whole month of raiding on dead99 to fight fair?

Fizzletrix
03-13-2018, 06:49 PM
You think I endured a whole month of raiding on dead99 to fight fair?

Well when you need a change of pace from the same ole same ole , you are more than welcome to make up a toon and fight tooth and nail for the fun of it!

Christina.
03-14-2018, 02:06 AM
I think toons should be invited at level 1, no deleveled toons no already made toons just the one you want in the guild.

No twinking , no hand me downs, Earn it yourself!

Make it to 60 and try to stay alive!

This

rhoward
03-14-2018, 02:39 AM
This

I thought maybe the guild name Immortals

Saludeen
03-14-2018, 05:06 AM
Should be able to keep it if you make it to 60. Also what if someone dies but refuses to delete? Not much you could do except shame them. Would be cool if it was hard coded /cough discord server

Irulan
03-14-2018, 07:04 AM
Make it so only deaths caused and screenshoted by other permadeath members count. Start at lvl 1. Stick to classic gear only. Do it like a progression guild. Would be neat.

rhoward
03-14-2018, 10:53 AM
Make it so only deaths caused and screenshoted by other permadeath members count. Start at lvl 1. Stick to classic gear only. Do it like a progression guild. Would be neat.

I had considered that only YTs from guild mates counted.
It would solve the problem of ToV twinks destroying the fun.

Of course then you run into trouble with, guildmates murdering each other in groups.

I also like the progression idea, could make it so that on day one only old world content is available to the guild until the old world content is cleared. Which would then open up Kunark

Although i imagine there would be some discomfort with iksar being excluded.

any thoughts? (this is Fizzletrix btw ) found out i was logged into the wrong account and to lazy to change it.

Irulan
03-14-2018, 11:16 AM
I like the idea of including iksar. It sounds rly cool. I mean people are joining the guild for competition, can't really police it, but it'd be more of an honor system, I don't think people would be mad if they killed each-other, just makes it harder to sort enemies by guild tags. Besides couldn't we kill each-other before?

As the Hound Says... every bodies on the f'ck'n list.

rhoward
03-14-2018, 11:45 AM
I like the idea of including iksar. It sounds rly cool. I mean people are joining the guild for competition, can't really police it, but it'd be more of an honor system, I don't think people would be mad if they killed each-other, just makes it harder to sort enemies by guild tags. Besides couldn't we kill each-other before?

As the Hound Says... every bodies on the f'ck'n list.
haha yep

Then i suppose it would include both kunark and old world on day 1 , and no access to velious until .....

Level restriction or content clear?

Irulan
03-14-2018, 11:48 AM
IDK? Content clear would be cool but I don't think it'd work out.

Jeni
03-14-2018, 12:27 PM
So For this to work it should be fresh characters all join a guild and only dieing to another fresh character in the guild should count for deleting. If someone twinks or cheats they are disqualified and kicked. Could have a porter invite everyone. Maybe limit the starting location to faydark or Freeport / neriak / grobb/ oggok or something and make it a one day event for some sweet pixel or something. Maybe with a final zone for last man standing? Just feels like the server is to dead to have to worry about of other 3 people in your guild in the 125 empty zones a few weeks later.

rhoward
03-14-2018, 12:55 PM
I know there's alot of interest in a progression server , and i think a guild could do it on its own instead of needing a new server for it. But im guessing that most of the interest is just a fresh start for everyone.

I suppose if everyone's ganking each then a content clear progression would be an almost impossible endeavor with permadeath.

Id love to find a way to make this work , it would be a refreshing option.

Although i think its blending 2 things that wont go together.

Irulan
03-14-2018, 01:44 PM
I know there's alot of interest in a progression server , and i think a guild could do it on its own instead of needing a new server for it. But im guessing that most of the interest is just a fresh start for everyone.

I suppose if everyone's ganking each then a content clear progression would be an almost impossible endeavor with permadeath.

Id love to find a way to make this work , it would be a refreshing option.

Although i think its blending 2 things that wont go together.

Yeah. So no content clear or progression.

Though not having good gear rules out a lot of solo play on a lot of classes for Casuals. I just wanted to brainstorm with ya'll.

rhoward
03-14-2018, 04:38 PM
could make it so the only twinking you can get is from the guild, in the form of selling items for lower prices mayby

ducktv
03-15-2018, 01:46 AM
3You people are retarded i cant wait to shit all over your patch work warriors with my NtoV geared twink

rhoward
03-15-2018, 02:01 AM
3You people are retarded i cant wait to shit all over your patch work warriors with my NtoV geared twink

Look forward to seeing you in game Duck.

rhoward
03-15-2018, 02:51 AM
It could be set up similar to auld lang, in respect that you can only have gear that is within 5 levels of the spell that has to be cast to make it or the level of the mob that drops it. (as far as twinking is concerned).

And being killed by another guild member results in permadeath.

Irulan
03-15-2018, 09:12 AM
It could be set up similar to auld lang, in respect that you can only have gear that is within 5 levels of the spell that has to be cast to make it or the level of the mob that drops it. (as far as twinking is concerned).

Seems like the best option. Just let people get tagged and participate.

MiRo2
03-15-2018, 09:41 AM

Possible guild names to consider:

<Highlanders>

or

<There can be only One>

Tassador
03-15-2018, 12:35 PM
Does anyone remember the spin off to highlander it was called raven or something. Loved that show :)

Fizzletrix
03-15-2018, 11:12 PM
Possible guild names to consider:

<Highlanders>

or

<There can be only One>

I like those , gives the one life to live some meaning.