PDA

View Full Version : Hope you're ready for GOBBY ears to get CLASSIC

skarlorn
03-06-2018, 08:58 PM
HHK goblin ears about to get CLASSIC (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282446)

sorry you thought farming 100 was going to help you Powerlevel that 10th alt

(not)

God bless you Rygar, Telin

Argh
03-06-2018, 09:16 PM
If you ever want to feel like a genius, read old allakhazam comments.

Bboboo
03-06-2018, 09:44 PM
>going to afk residentsleeper camps in 2k18

d3r14k
03-06-2018, 10:11 PM
If you ever want to feel like a genius, read old allakhazam comments.

Why is this so true?

kempoguy80
03-06-2018, 10:28 PM
I'll finally be able to afford to faction my Iksar monk! I'm still not going to do it though

indiscriminate_hater
03-06-2018, 11:02 PM
I'm mad

ldgmo
03-06-2018, 11:23 PM
I think this change is awesome. That zone already PLs people 35-35 so fast, maybe some will try different zones on their next alt

ldgmo
03-06-2018, 11:23 PM
25-35***

Baler
03-07-2018, 07:19 AM
Make sure we all thank rygar for reporting player hindering bugs. :)

Computer Man
03-07-2018, 08:51 AM
Can anyone list any other remaining decent quests? I'll go research them to make sure we can't enjoy those either ;)

Rygar
03-07-2018, 10:43 AM
For all those saying I'm ruining quests and hindering players with these fixes... I would argue the quests are ruining your P99 experience. Exp gains were way too high and encouraged a printing press mentality for alts and high level players farming scalps and ears kept exp camps on lockdowns.

Things will improve because of this.

Robbintha Hood
03-07-2018, 10:50 AM
I'm still gonna farm orc scalps and goblin ears even after the update. I ruined my Highpass and Freeport factions ganking Stanos Herkanor about 20 times in a single night.

Bboboo
03-07-2018, 11:10 AM
For all those saying I'm ruining quests and hindering players with these fixes... I would argue the quests are ruining your P99 experience. Exp gains were way too high and encouraged a printing press mentality for alts and high level players farming scalps and ears kept exp camps on lockdowns.

Revert all exp gained through unclassic means

*cough* chardok *cough*

Spyder73
03-07-2018, 11:23 AM
New players are able to make a small fortune in HHK from 23-33. This will only make sh!t harder for new players unfortunately.

Baylan295
03-07-2018, 11:32 AM
New players are able to make a small fortune in HHK from 23-33. This will only make sh!t harder for new players unfortunately.

This. Between HHK Gobby Ears and the Nybright sisters I managed to get a decent head start on my goblin gazughi ring, my Spells, and the cheap CHA gear out there. Would be hard for a new player without that extra 1-2k of pp.

Dman2701
03-07-2018, 12:13 PM
Agreed, it's due to high level players "printer press mentality" when it comes to leveling, that it allowed me to make a decent amount of money as a new player selling bone chips, orc scalps and goblin ears. i never used any of those for exp but would sell them to players so i could afford items i needed badly when i first started.
People need to stop hiding behind this "classic" stuff..this server isn't remotely close to classic.

loramin
03-07-2018, 12:33 PM
i never used any of those for exp but would sell them to players so i could afford items i needed badly when i first started.
You didn't need any items (let alone "need badly") when you first started: classic EverQuest players leveled up just fine while wearing bronze armor ;)

People need to stop hiding behind this "classic" stuff..this server isn't remotely close to classic.

You have to understand, the staff didn't just spend all their free time on this server so you could play a free game: they made it so they could "beta test" classic EQ as they developed it. It is in fact VERY classic, and the entire reason Blue exists is to find and make fixes like this to get the code even closer to classic.

Baler
03-07-2018, 01:07 PM
You have to understand, the staff didn't just spend all their free time on this server so you could play a free game: they made it so they could "beta test" classic EQ as they developed it. It is in fact VERY classic, and the entire reason Blue exists is to find and make fixes like this to get the code even closer to classic.

In the words of the almighty..
This is actually an unfinished that project I would like completed prior to opening a new server.
[source] (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122674)

Irulan
03-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Gobbo ears suck anyway. Their only really good for rich people with no friends.

Sadiki
03-07-2018, 01:21 PM

Doesn't play P99, knows what is best for everyone.

https://i.imgur.com/ExSICik.jpg

You're like a door to door salesman I'm trying to ignore, but my wife won't stop answering the door and buying all your shit.

skarlorn
03-07-2018, 01:24 PM
rygar's a fucking saint after this

kaev
03-07-2018, 01:39 PM
rygar's a fucking saint after this

Prove it! Start and play an untwinked human paladin named Rygarsman. Grow up to rule the gobby caves!

Premaximum
03-07-2018, 01:40 PM
My favourite thing about Skarlorn is that he's the quintessential WWE Heel. Whatever "The People" love, he hates. Whatever "The People" hate, he loves.

skarlorn
03-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Ok i'll do this IF you'll do my job for me but I sitll keep all the money

Rygar
03-07-2018, 01:45 PM
Doesn't play P99, knows what is best for everyone.

https://i.imgur.com/ExSICik.jpg

You're like a door to door salesman I'm trying to ignore, but my wife won't stop answering the door and buying all your shit.

Sweet Sadiki, muse of the erotica... I found new evidence on the vindi boots too. Very soon you will be styling in turd gold boots! I look forward to being a constant reminder every time you log in.

Rygar
03-07-2018, 01:47 PM

They have players throwing items at them for dirt cheap in the tunnel or for free due to a 10 years of farming. They will do just fine.

Sadiki
03-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Sweet Sadiki, muse of the erotica... I found new evidence on the vindi boots too. Very soon you will be styling in turd gold boots! I look forward to being a constant reminder every time you log in.
Please go away with your nonsense.

Argh
03-07-2018, 02:31 PM

They still can by killing guards. You get 4-5k from fine steel before leaving highkeep.

Rygar
03-07-2018, 02:59 PM
If someone enjoys leveling quickly due to turning in goblin ears, who are you to ruin their experience? Literally and figuratively.

You're saying that the Quest is ruining everyone's P99 experience, but that is what they enjoy doing. So in turn, you pushing and pushing and pushing to have this changed is ruining peoples fun. No matter how you try to spin this to make you look like you're helping everyone out people are going to, and already do, hate you for it.

My point is the message behind what P99 is to recreate the EQ experience from 1999-2001. Information indicates these exp gains weren't possible, so should be fixed. It really isn't about ruining or improving anyone's experience in the game, it is just about making the game more accurate to 1999-2001 EQ.

If you guys are this upset over ears and scalps you need to relax, save the tears for when everyone gets an accurate mana pool or can only have 2 bags open at once.

Argh
03-07-2018, 03:02 PM
It's crazy the amount of weight that get's put on Allakhazam comments, given how retarded and wrong those posters generally are on everything.

Sadiki
03-07-2018, 03:03 PM
My point is the message behind what P99 is to recreate the EQ experience from 1999-2001. Information indicates these exp gains weren't possible, so should be fixed. It really isn't about ruining or improving anyone's experience in the game, it is just about making the game more accurate to 1999-2001 EQ.

If you guys are this upset over ears and scalps you need to relax, save the tears for when everyone gets an accurate mana pool or can only have 2 bags open at once.
P99 isn't classic.

Also it doesn't use classic UI on purpose, rendering half of your bug reports pointless.

d3r14k
03-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Ok i'll do this IF you'll do my job for me but I sitll keep all the money

Deal! You didn't say we had to do a GOOD job.

After one week with P99ers at the helm, this:

https://i.imgur.com/bh0TpgW.png

Gonna look like this:

https://i.imgur.com/y4KQBIb.png

skarlorn
03-07-2018, 03:29 PM
lol @ perrishh and sadiki

you guys belong on a different server. go to TLP. Go play with your looselin models and nexus portals and planes of potence.

p99 is a classic server and anything which makes it more classic is a good thing. thank you Rygar for your invaluable help!

p99pally
03-07-2018, 03:50 PM
P99 is NOT classic...

It is a custom server.

is nerfing oot seafuries classic?
Is tab targetting classic?
Is a 25 mob pbaoe classic?
Is item recharging classic?
Is mqing quests classic?

Rang
03-07-2018, 03:51 PM
Praise Rygar, Making Norrath Great Again!

Teako
03-07-2018, 03:52 PM
I sure do wish Wedar would dedicate himself to addressing things on the server that actually impact the server.

NTOV dragon loot tables not being classic in quantity.. Root duration on most mobs being absolutely fucked since it was "fixed" (green cons breaking level 54 root consistently).. Vulak rogue dagger being neither the first state (where it should be) or final state (where it should be with chardok revamp) - but being the weird second-tier version..

Lifetaps being resistable (not classic), pet exp penalty (should be removed by now), AC not working at all, MR having breakpoints instead of being per-point chance to resist.. Knight weapon skill patch, monk triple attack.. AoW being much, much harder than it should be.. There being three "different" Dains that are significantly easier/harder depending on which spawn (not classic)

Not to mention the hundreds of other non-classic really pressing issues.. But hey, at least level 20 alts will have to group again.

mickmoranis
03-07-2018, 03:52 PM
Look. Im just glad we'll manage to make yet another (of the tiny few remaining) classic zones, OBSOLETE after velious.

Rygar
03-07-2018, 03:59 PM
I don't pretend to know the technical reasons behind using the Titanium client. It may have been because the client had a lot of exploits and bugs worked out of it compared to Trilogy client, maybe it was thought to be more readily available in the marketplace compared to the Trilogy when they started P99. Maybe at some point they will switch to the Trilogy client (songs of praise will be sung) and those bug reports that weren't possible due to 'client issue' will now become relevant. I will stay the course.

In regards to putting weight on allakhazam comments... sometimes you have to go with what you have. Other sources are out there as well, you can find idiots everywhere. You can't just rely on a few idiots / flamers coming across as misinformed as representative of anyone.

In the cases of Left Goblin Ears, Gnoll Scalps, and Orc Scalps I asked: Did the dev team come across any information that states the P99 exp gains on this quest are accurate? If there was other information out there that was contradictory to what I posted, I would welcome it. Get to researching if you don't like it and get it repealed!

Ket
03-07-2018, 04:00 PM
This is superb.

Fuck yo ears.

skarlorn
03-07-2018, 04:03 PM
is nerfing oot seafuries classic?
YES

Is tab targetting classic?

you can disable tab targeting in your UI - problem solved. CLASSIC.

Is a 25 mob pbaoe classic?

it's definitely made the server more CLASSIC

Is item recharging classic?

YES. Classic.

Is mqing quests classic?

yep This as well, is class!c

jpetrick
03-07-2018, 04:04 PM
I sure do wish Wedar would dedicate himself to addressing things on the server that actually impact the server.

NTOV dragon loot tables not being classic in quantity.. Root duration on most mobs being absolutely fucked since it was "fixed" (green cons breaking level 54 root consistently).. Vulak rogue dagger being neither the first state (where it should be) or final state (where it should be with chardok revamp) - but being the weird second-tier version..

Lifetaps being resistable (not classic), pet exp penalty (should be removed by now), AC not working at all, MR having breakpoints instead of being per-point chance to resist.. Knight weapon skill patch, monk triple attack.. AoW being much, much harder than it should be.. There being three "different" Dains that are significantly easier/harder depending on which spawn (not classic)

Not to mention the hundreds of other non-classic really pressing issues.. But hey, at least level 20 alts will have to group again.

Wedar fix this shit instead of your useless pat yourself on the back gobby ear xp fix.

Rygar
03-07-2018, 04:05 PM

Probably tomorrow I will post a comprehensive drop history on near all raid mobs. I expect that to have some impact. Every loot table will show odds for each item as well as how many drops per kill.

In regards to Dain, I at least came across 2 versions during loot table research: 'Weak Dain' and I think he was called '425 Dain'. Something about some versions would have a low max hit, but others would either hit or bash for 425 or something extremely fast. Not sure what the 3rd version may be. In that regard, there should at least be 2 different Dain's spawning. I never raided on P99 much to know much about how those encounters work on P99.

Keep in mind I'm not on the dev team, some of these things you mention would require me to do some coding. Stuff like Knight defense has been established and acknowledged, but something is wonky that they just need to hopefully figure out at some point.

skarlorn
03-07-2018, 04:06 PM
It's not classic. If you think it is you're delusional.

sounds like you belong on a different server. go enjoy your gingerbread man mercenaries and weeeaboo models!

P99. Classic. Deal with it.

Rygar
03-07-2018, 04:06 PM
Wedar fix this shit instead of your useless pat yourself on the back gobby ear xp fix.

I didn't even make this thread, Filbus did! Thus far it has only served to increase the sexual tension between me and Sadiki that has existed for years but now has gone public and reaching critical mass.

skarlorn
03-07-2018, 04:10 PM
For all you naysayers and complainers. If there's something that needs to be fixed, why don't you try researching, finding evidence, and then compiling a compelling bug report such as Wedar the Great?

Wedar is an inspiration. Go forth. Find evidence that will make p99 more classic.

Pras

Rang
03-07-2018, 04:11 PM
How did CB belts/pads squeak through this change? Soon we’ll have A/A shouting concede over leggos. I can remember doing cb belts and pads circa 2000 and the most exciting part I remember was getting the leather pieces. I don’t think the xp for these quests should be bumped into the ground, but the current rate of return probably is too high.

Rygar
03-07-2018, 04:12 PM
How did CB belts/pads squeak through this change? Soon we’ll have A/A shouting concede over leggos. I can remember doing cb belts and pads circa 2000 and the most exciting part I remember was getting the leather pieces. I don’t think the xp for these quests should be bumped into the ground, but the current rate of return probably is too high.

I looked into those and bone chips briefly. It seemed confirmed that they were crazy exp. I will investigate more in depth one day, but it may only be a minor change. Perhaps a level cap was maybe implemented at some point, but I don't know.

Ket
03-07-2018, 04:15 PM
It literally says, at the top of the goddamn page you are on RIGHT NOW ....

Project 1999
CLASSIC Everquest

Complain all ya want about it not being completely classic yet, but to say it's not meant to (as in, in the goddamn title) makes you a big ol' dumb head.

loramin
03-07-2018, 04:18 PM
It's not classic. If you think it is you're delusional.

Ding ding ding, you win the prize! Project 1999 is not classic ... and that's the entire point.

Green, should it ever get released, will be classic, or at least as classic as possible. Of course there's some things that simply can't be re-created perfectly unless a mythical lost copy of the old Verant source code turns up, but aside from those things Green will be classic.

But Green isn't ready yet, and the only way for it to be ready is if the developers work on it ... and where do they do that work? Ding, ding, ding, you win another prize: they do it on Blue, ie. the "almost classic but still a work in progress" server.

Teako
03-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Probably tomorrow I will post a comprehensive drop history on near all raid mobs. I expect that to have some impact. Every loot table will show odds for each item as well as how many drops per kill.

In regards to Dain, I at least came across 2 versions during loot table research: 'Weak Dain' and I think he was called '425 Dain'. Something about some versions would have a low max hit, but others would either hit or bash for 425 or something extremely fast. Not sure what the 3rd version may be. In that regard, there should at least be 2 different Dain's spawning. I never raided on P99 much to know much about how those encounters work on P99.

Keep in mind I'm not on the dev team, some of these things you mention would require me to do some coding. Stuff like Knight defense has been established and acknowledged, but something is wonky that they just need to hopefully figure out at some point.

Dain has 3 different versions.. One can bash, one hits as if he's using frostreaver - regardless of using frostreaver or not -- and one hits as if he's dual wielding, regardless of dual wielding or not with a higher max hit.

NTOV dragons should be consistently dropping 3-4 items, and on average drop 1-2.. That is a game-breaking huge issue imo, that should deserve top-tier respect when approaching non-classic bugs... even from non-raiding players.

If Zeriphra's Dagger of Blood is supposed to be 11/17 with Feast of Blood (which it never had in any iteration.. dunno how that even happened..) - then Gharn's Rock of Smashing should be 6/13. They are updated the exact same patch.

Another drastic over-sight considering that Gharn's is currently the strongest item in the game at 16/19 while proccing the unresistable Strike of the Chosen. It's updated the SAME patch that Zeriphra's Dagger of Blood becomes Mrylokar's Dagger of Vengeance.. yet we have one and not the other.

Either Gharn's should be the nerfed pre-chardok/luclin patch version, or Zeriphra's should be Mrylokar's Dagger of Vengeance.. They're both from the same patch series, yet one is the garbage, while one best-in-game.. Not to mention Vulak consistently dropping 2 items, when there is over-whelming evidence to support it being 4 every kill consistently for years..

Primal Brawlstick should be 45/44 with avatar.. The stats currently held by the Priceless brawl stick, yet the Primal one remains terrible.

Pet exp mod (-50% exp on mobs that your pet out damages you on) was removed before velious even came out.. but two years into velious, pet classes still getting screwed..

Or you could dedicate the time to finding a working AC solution, because at current AC on p99 is a broken stat with no value borderline at all.. Same with MR -- two huge game mechanics are just flat out not working.

Why focus time/energy at all onto petty shit like goblin ears giving level 20's too much exp, and forcing them to group when there's huge glaring server issues? In my opinion, your time/researching talents could be well, well spent twards the genuine betterment of the community -- instead of bizarre nit-picky things.

I'm not trying to be shitty, I'm just saying the squeaky wheel gets the grease when it comes to fixing past updates.. and there's some that could really benefit a lot of the server.. nerfing goblin ear exp isn't one of them.

skarlorn
03-07-2018, 04:51 PM
this is a project for fun.

rygar has fun doing this.

why don't you spend your free time proving all your claims up there need to be fixed? (i believe you personally but devs need research)

Teako
03-07-2018, 04:54 PM
this is a project for fun.

rygar has fun doing this.

why don't you spend your free time proving all your claims up there need to be fixed? (i believe you personally but devs need research)

We each are proficient at the things we're talented at. He's skilled at researching classic everquest, and digging through comments to find things that support/negate his claims.

I am not.

Jimjam
03-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Forced into grouping is a classic experience shared by all. End game raiding is a minority niche for people that have already completed the game.

Post threads with evidence for easy fixes and they will happen promptly.

Quinas
03-07-2018, 05:23 PM
pet exp penalty (should be removed by now)

I wish. But the change where if you do 1 pt of damage to the mob then you get full XP happened on 5 June 2002.

With this patch we've made some rather sweeping changes to the way pets work.

Pets will not attack mesmerized creatures. Pets basically treat mesmerized NPCs as if they were dead.
Pets are neutral to NPCs. Monsters will not attack pets first unless the pet is being aggressive to something.
Pets take 75% of the experience from a creature if no player does damage to that creature.
Pets take ZERO experience from a creature unless no player does damage to that creature.
The exception to the above rule is Dire Charmed pets, which will take a share of the experience scaled by the amount of damage they do. In most situations (with an active party, for example) the Dire Charmed pet will not take experience. Like all pets, they will take 75% of the experience if no PC does damage to the target. As long as a player does damage to a creature, a Dire Charmed pet will never take more experience than it used to.
Charmed NPCs will now respond to the /pet report health command.
/pet sit down command should now work on charmed NPCs.
Fixed a bug that was preventing reclaim energy from working on Magician Epic pets. http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020605a.html

This be classic.

Rygar
03-07-2018, 05:27 PM
Dain has 3 different versions.. One can bash, one hits as if he's using frostreaver - regardless of using frostreaver or not -- and one hits as if he's dual wielding, regardless of dual wielding or not with a higher max hit.

NTOV dragons should be consistently dropping 3-4 items, and on average drop 1-2.. That is a game-breaking huge issue imo, that should deserve top-tier respect when approaching non-classic bugs... even from non-raiding players.

If Zeriphra's Dagger of Blood is supposed to be 11/17 with Feast of Blood (which it never had in any iteration.. dunno how that even happened..) - then Gharn's Rock of Smashing should be 6/13. They are updated the exact same patch.

Another drastic over-sight considering that Gharn's is currently the strongest item in the game at 16/19 while proccing the unresistable Strike of the Chosen. It's updated the SAME patch that Zeriphra's Dagger of Blood becomes Mrylokar's Dagger of Vengeance.. yet we have one and not the other.

Either Gharn's should be the nerfed pre-chardok/luclin patch version, or Zeriphra's should be Mrylokar's Dagger of Vengeance.. They're both from the same patch series, yet one is the garbage, while one best-in-game.. Not to mention Vulak consistently dropping 2 items, when there is over-whelming evidence to support it being 4 every kill consistently for years..

Primal Brawlstick should be 45/44 with avatar.. The stats currently held by the Priceless brawl stick, yet the Primal one remains terrible.

Pet exp mod (-50% exp on mobs that your pet out damages you on) was removed before velious even came out.. but two years into velious, pet classes still getting screwed..

Or you could dedicate the time to finding a working AC solution, because at current AC on p99 is a broken stat with no value borderline at all.. Same with MR -- two huge game mechanics are just flat out not working.

Why focus time/energy at all onto petty shit like goblin ears giving level 20's too much exp, and forcing them to group when there's huge glaring server issues? In my opinion, your time/researching talents could be well, well spent twards the genuine betterment of the community -- instead of bizarre nit-picky things.

I'm not trying to be shitty, I'm just saying the squeaky wheel gets the grease when it comes to fixing past updates.. and there's some that could really benefit a lot of the server.. nerfing goblin ear exp isn't one of them.

So where to start...

Nilbog has acknowledged the Myrlokar dagger thing, it was the only 'pre-revamp' item added in. He didn't want to implement pre-revamps across the board until all evidence was gathered on it to previous versions of weapons. At some point this will all be fixed (Ele gave me access to his spreadsheet, I just need to evaluate items and maybe find a few missing ones).

Vulak being 4 loots is not a thing until Ring event. Spoiler alert: No dragons in ToV should be dropping 4 items with the exception of Dozekar or Lend the Keeper. Triplets will be 1-2, Lords / Ladies / others should be dropping 2-3. Vulak should be 100% 3 loots prior to ring event.

AC solution: Demonstar55 PM'd details of the AC to Haynar, not sure where he is at with it. Major changes like that may involve re-tuning content, so it may be a long development cycle. Patience.

I don't know enough about pet mod, never looked into it. I do see evidence that grouping alone shouldn't eliminate pet taking 50% exp. Only if ALL group members aggregate damage out damage the pet then the pet does not take EXP.

I suspect the brawl stick thing may be tied to the velious weapon upgrades.

I work on what I want to work on, you could do the same. I'm sure the devs do the same. Some may like making visual changes, others may like fixing broken noob quests. Whatever floats the boat.

skarlorn
03-07-2018, 05:56 PM
I'm so excited about this because it's going to reduce popularity of an over desired camp. GOBS in HHK will still be premium xp money and loot, but I anticipate an over correction which will cause leveling people to explore and discover new zones. HHK gobs are actually one of the least interesting camps in that level bracket. The coolest thing about it is using Osargen.

When this rolls out I'll try to release a little guide which helps illuminates other great camps for ppl in thr level range

Baler
03-07-2018, 06:09 PM
When this rolls out I'll try to release a little guide which helps illuminates other great camps for ppl in thr level range

Will keep my eyes peeled for the wiki. :)

Even mini guides for specific areas are in high demand still.

Irulan
03-07-2018, 06:30 PM
I'm so excited about this because it's going to reduce popularity of an over desired camp. GOBS in HHK will still be premium xp money and loot, but I anticipate an over correction which will cause leveling people to explore and discover new zones. HHK gobs are actually one of the least interesting camps in that level bracket. The coolest thing about it is using Osargen.

+1

AzzarTheGod
03-07-2018, 06:45 PM
HHK goblin ears about to get CLASSIC (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282446)

(not)

Just dunked on it. I played 1999 and did a lot of HK pking and HK twinking.

I could have slammed it a lot harder but I went easy just pointing out the facts of the incomplete data that Telin is using to justify the change.

Not a great sign that changes are being made based on false assumptions.

AzzarTheGod
03-07-2018, 06:50 PM

It is not a fix. Its an incomplete change using incomplete data.

Droolcups like you is how these things go in without a fight and probably responsible for the Mrylokar debacle.

Irulan
03-07-2018, 06:53 PM
They definitely should be useless past 24.

I anecdotally remember dinging like 23 on them once as a child.

putrid_plum
03-07-2018, 07:27 PM
why are there haste percentages on my haste items, my classic experience is ruined!!!

Irulan
03-07-2018, 07:32 PM
why are there haste percentages on my haste items, my classic experience is ruined!!!

That's not a database issue. Client issue!

Irulan
03-07-2018, 07:33 PM
P99 is all about that database.

Oscillate
03-07-2018, 11:02 PM

I have to agree with this. More in groups at 2-20+ levels is just healthy for the game. (new player experience)

Oscillate
03-07-2018, 11:03 PM
I have to agree with this. More in groups at 6-20+ levels is just healthy for the game. (new player experience)

Oscillate
03-07-2018, 11:04 PM
I have to agree with this. More in groups at 2-20+ levels is just healthy for the game. (new player experience)

Sorry, level 6-20+

Irulan
03-07-2018, 11:16 PM
Agreed, even twinked alts are fun in grps at low lvl. Dunno why so many ppl want to skip 1-30... Oh it's because there's no groups!

Sonderbeast
03-08-2018, 01:05 AM

(not)

Still do, devs got hired to Pantheon and forgot about p99, no more updoots.

Enjoy your goblin ear xp expliots brothers, hell yeah brothers.

Irulan
03-08-2018, 01:13 AM
Just dunked on it. I played 1999 and did a lot of HK pking and HK twinking.

I could have slammed it a lot harder but I went easy just pointing out the facts of the incomplete data that Telin is using to justify the change.

Not a great sign that changes are being made based on false assumptions.

I do research independent of what is posted in this thread. This quest will still give decent experience at lower levels.

On phone in bed99 devoting my life to email alert fq or I'd rustle up a dunks gif.

jpetrick
03-08-2018, 02:17 AM
It is not a fix. Its an incomplete change using incomplete data.

Droolcups like you is how these things go in without a fight and probably responsible for the Mrylokar debacle.

They don’t make correct changes even with overwhelming data proving something correct. Check how many times I bumped that PoM thread. I gave up on trying to make this server “classic” ages ago. It’s p99 & I enjoy it.

Droolcups made me laugh though.

Murri
03-08-2018, 09:35 AM
Love the fixes but when will bard charm be fixed?! rabble rabble rabble

https://i.imgur.com/kBXYwdm.gif

Perseus
03-08-2018, 10:49 AM

Fuck you Rygar.

putrid_plum
03-08-2018, 10:51 AM
the thing is there's so much that is not 'classic' on P99 to change one things and say because P99 is classic is really a joke, if anything powergaming was 'classic' i just enjoy when people hide under the guise of 'classic' EQ when this is and wont / cannot be pure classic EQ

Irulan
03-08-2018, 10:54 AM
the thing is there's so much that is not 'classic' on P99 to change one things and say because P99 is classic is really a joke, if anything powergaming was 'classic' i just enjoy when people hide under the guise of 'classic' EQ when this is and wont / cannot be pure classic EQ

You do understand that when making a great work of art you have to bring out what's in the stone, piece by piece, one chip at a time right?

Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.
~from Muad'Dib: Family Commentaries by the Princess Irulan

mcy
03-08-2018, 11:49 AM
This isn't like some game changer as gnoll fangs were. HHK usually sports a full group for goblins and by the time you ding out of xp you've acquired like two levels worth of ears at most and that seems like it's pushing it still.. its the zone XP that brings people to hhk, not ears. who cares.

Irulan
03-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Can't drop coins on ground, dunno what to do :(

AzzarTheGod
03-08-2018, 06:58 PM
They don’t make correct changes even with overwhelming data proving something correct. Check how many times I bumped that PoM thread. I gave up on trying to make this server “classic” ages ago. It’s p99 & I enjoy it.

Droolcups made me laugh though.

Admittedly I just needed a punching bag and you were the first to present themselves on a quick scroll.

AzzarTheGod
03-08-2018, 06:58 PM
*brushes off jpetrick's jacket*

*sets him down gently*