PDA

View Full Version : Raid Suspension Suggestion

Supreme
03-01-2018, 12:24 PM
Greetings everyone!

I have been here raiding on p99 since the first Nagafen raid. Over that time I have seen many changes to the raid scene, the guilds that have come and gone, players and even GMs.

What i gather from what is going on right now is that GM's REALLY do not WANT to be involved in Raid Drama. They do not want to have to sort over "fraps" , "he said she said" or anything of the sort. For them it is a chore...a headache to have to corral grown-ass men into behaving and co-operating.

With that being said the ROOT of the problem is guilds petitioning each other. GM's do not have the time (or care) what we are doing as a raid guild UNTIL another guild petitions. Much like any law enforcement they are then bound by server rules to take action based on the evidence and then hand down their own kind if punishment.

Here is what, as a server, we should do. We need to create the raid council again. Raid guilds have representatives to the raid council based on Class. Problems, issues and grievances should then be taken to the raid council and discussed and/or remedied BEFORE it is ever sent to the GMs. Members of the council agree to the terms and the rules and work with each other to solve this petty pixel problems. This could include self-imposed suspensions, concessions of mobs or any other kind of remedies.

An example is what happened with Eashen and the resulting 30 day suspension for AW. AW could have assisted with pulling Eashen after it was conceded or even helped KILL it to expedite the matter to a conclusion. However the real issue was that even after the mob was conceded and AG was trained there was this opportunity to solve the matter diplomatically. Before any petitions, before any possibility of suspensions. Now AW and AG will harbor animosity and look for ways to continue feuding to months to come.

If we can put forth as much effort into creating a positive raid environment as we do trying to gain pixels I am sure that the server as a whole can benefit.

Skew
03-01-2018, 12:25 PM
cliff notes pls. im not reading that mate. and dont start a post in RNF with GREETINGS you nerd ;p

Csihar
03-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Doesn't this rely on people communicating in an attempt to understand each other/the situation without vitriol? If that was possible there most likely wouldn't be a need for a raid council.

Loke
03-01-2018, 12:40 PM
What i gather from what is going on right now is that GM's REALLY do not WANT to be involved in Raid Drama.

Definitely. Just like my buddy who is totally sick of dealing with his crazy girlfriend he keeps getting back together with. :rolleyes:

Spyder73
03-01-2018, 01:08 PM
Exhibit A

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275320

Legidias
03-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Lol @ trying to reel in pixel greed

Just facts
03-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Greetings everyone!

What i gather from what is going on right now is that GM's REALLY do not WANT to be involved in Raid Drama. They do not want to have to sort over "fraps" , "he said she said" or anything of the sort. For them it is a chore...a headache to have to corral grown-ass men into behaving and co-operating.

The fact that you belive that the staff doesn't want to be involved in the drama shows you still have no clue.

As soon as the guild comes to an agreement to solve stuff internaly, you have staff members going about how it hurts the server that they solved stuff by rotating for example or that they won't petition eachother.

Basicly everytime things calm down on the server, someone gets handed a supprise suspension even if they done exactly what the posted rules say they should do if they do wrong.

And for someone who played on this server as long as you have, you must live in a fantasy world for real to think anything else.

Supreme
03-01-2018, 01:35 PM
The fact that you belive that the staff doesn't want to be involved in the drama shows you still have no clue.

The fact that you think staff want to suspend guilds from raiding for 10/20/30 days at a time shows you have no clue.

GMs want a healthy and productive raid environment. They WANT guilds to follow the rules as agreed upon. They do NOT want to suspend guilds but also recognize that without enforcement of rules then the rules mean nothing.

Sorry to get you triggered i hope you can rest.

Ella`Ella
03-01-2018, 01:51 PM
The fact that you think staff want to suspend guilds from raiding for 10/20/30 days at a time shows you have no clue.

GMs want a healthy and productive raid environment. They WANT guilds to follow the rules as agreed upon. They do NOT want to suspend guilds but also recognize that without enforcement of rules then the rules mean nothing.

Sorry to get you triggered i hope you can rest.

Where you are both wrong is that the GMs don’t give a shit about suspending anyone. It doesn’t effect them. If you’re going to break the rules and are unable to come to mutual agreements amongst each other, the GMs are just going to take your toys away.

GMs don’t want a healthy raid scene
GMs don’t want a toxic raid scene
GMs don’t want to listen to a bunch of 30year old nerds fight about pixels they never had when they were 13 (and probably don’t deserve now)

Baler
03-01-2018, 01:52 PM
Where you are both wrong is that the GMs don’t give a shit about suspending anyone.

You are lucky this is a private server and not live. As well as these forums have a #safespace rnf section.

skarlorn
03-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Where you are both wrong is that the GMs don’t give a shit about suspending anyone. It doesn’t effect them. If you’re going to break the rules and are unable to come to mutual agreements amongst each other, the GMs are just going to take your toys away.

GMs don’t want a healthy raid scene
GMs don’t want a toxic raid scene
GMs don’t want to listen to a bunch of 30year old nerds fight about pixels they never had when they were 13 (and probably don’t deserve now)

So much foul shit has gone on during raids on this server. Finally, people are getting banned. And the people getting banned act like the dindunuffin.

Maybe you should have behaved better for the past years and not made such a stinking pile of shit for the GMs???

lol enjoy your ban and GOD BLESS SIRKEN

Ella`Ella
03-01-2018, 02:33 PM
You are lucky this is a private server and not live. As well as these forums have a #safespace rnf section.

I'm not lucky - I know the drill; I'm <Woke>. You amateurs are still clinging to what you think your concept of "Fair" and "Healthy" is.

I'll give you a hint - it's not just about the rules. I helped write 80% of the rules and they were never written to be fair and they sure as shit aren't healthy.

You want to stop sitting on the bench, you need to learn to play ball and 90% of that begins with working shit out among yourselves.

Loke
03-01-2018, 02:36 PM
Maybe you should have behaved better for the past years and not made such a stinking pile of shit for the GMs???

lol enjoy your ban and GOD BLESS SIRKEN

I mean, I get what you're trying to say, but AFAIK ol' Brella hasn't graced the raid scene with his presence since before Aftermath even existed. Your outrage and indignation is misplaced.

skarlorn
03-01-2018, 02:37 PM
i was agreeing with unbrella and expounding my own point of view off the foundation of what dear unbrella said, good sir

The "you" pronoun was used editorially

Sorry for the confusion.

Daloon
03-01-2018, 02:59 PM
There was a raid council up until a week or two ago. Oddly enough I heard AW ended it because they didnt get 4 free Vulaks or something. Maybe they can clarify.

Lulz~Sect
03-01-2018, 03:07 PM
Try 50+ year old nerds upset about virtual dragons

YikeS

Spyder73
03-01-2018, 03:09 PM
This message was hidden because poster has micro penis

zodium
03-01-2018, 03:09 PM
monarchy is the only answer to the wolves of democracy

https://i.imgur.com/0gKaeFV.gif

Supreme
03-01-2018, 03:23 PM
We should convert into an anarcho-syndicalist commune. Each guild leader takes it in turns to act as sort-of-executive officer for the week. But all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting. By a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs. But by a two thirds majority, in the case of more major issues. From that officer he then distributes raid targets via lottery until all targets are then divided based upon a point system and priority of last encounter killed. From there we can then random across all guilds each item and then appropriately redistribute a bonus point system for players that are only raiding for "the nostalgia".

Sonderbeast
03-01-2018, 03:46 PM
We should convert into an anarcho-syndicalist commune. Each guild leader takes it in turns to act as sort-of-executive officer for the week. But all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting. By a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs. But by a two thirds majority, in the case of more major issues. From that officer he then distributes raid targets via lottery until all targets are then divided based upon a point system and priority of last encounter killed. From there we can then random across all guilds each item and then appropriately redistribute a bonus point system for players that are only raiding for "the nostalgia".

You had me at anarcho-syndicalist. Marry me and lay my eggs.

Lulz~Sect
03-01-2018, 04:15 PM
sorry you didn’t get raid

Spyder73
03-01-2018, 04:20 PM
sorry you didn’t get raid

evilkorn
03-01-2018, 09:59 PM
I personally find it sad Supreme feels the need to inject his opinion into this at all. Best advice I can give is to just lay low and don't RMT again (on blue or red).

Supreme
03-01-2018, 10:35 PM
I personally find it sad Supreme feels the need to inject his opinion into this at all. Best advice I can give is to just lay low and don't RMT again (on blue or red).

Fake news.

CNN investigates.

Lulz~Sect
03-01-2018, 11:06 PM
https://i.imgur.com/seh6p.gif

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=572003&postcount=19

Never denied that i was banned for MQ on Blue..like 40% of the server was banned for the same thing. That is why NO ONE CARES.

-Supreme

Supreme
03-02-2018, 08:14 AM
https://i.imgur.com/seh6p.gif

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=572003&postcount=19

-Supreme

Damn u still mad about being griefed off red?

Lulz~Sect
03-02-2018, 03:21 PM
https://i.imgur.com/MMIVs.gif

Baler
03-02-2018, 03:30 PM
lulz has sand in his vagina.

Lulz~Sect
03-02-2018, 03:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/uvOuJfT.jpg

Swiftyfist
03-02-2018, 03:45 PM
I think if guilds want to raid in tov, they should aim for the goal of discussing and not petitioning over stupid shit. put the greed aside and work with the process of not stressing the gm's out with stupid petitions like the other guilds do.