PDA

View Full Version : To all those who hated on me for my Naming Policy Thread.

Pages : [1] 2

Baler
02-10-2018, 03:09 PM
Me right now...
https://i.imgur.com/VdSOdDB.gif

How does it feel when justice is served?

skarlorn
02-10-2018, 03:20 PM
inshallah

Mazan
02-10-2018, 03:21 PM
lmao. This made his week, maybe his year.

Jimjam
02-10-2018, 03:26 PM
And lets not forget Lhancelot's excellent contributions too! In fact I think I also snitched a couple of names.

/surfs coat tails.

http://i.imgur.com/86wSDu4.gif

skarlorn
02-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Baler knows I have always been a STRONG supporter of this effort.

Pokesan
02-10-2018, 03:32 PM

Baler
02-10-2018, 03:44 PM
inshallah
Pras! :)

lmao. This made his week, maybe his year.
Yes it did.

/surfs coat tails.
I see what you did that, keep up the good work jimjam.

Baler knows I have always been a STRONG supporter of this effort.
Your efforts were not in vein sir.

Thanks!

Mazan
02-10-2018, 04:11 PM
The naming policy is racist against Native American names Redcloud, Crazyhorse, Sittingbull, Blackhawk, etc. These are not immersion breaking at all. I also think Barbarian names fit this mold perfectly. I guess this server only excepts white european names.

Canelek
02-10-2018, 04:13 PM
Voted 5-stars. Your crusade has yielded fruit. Better get those coattails reinforced. :)

Baler
02-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Voted 5-stars. Your crusade has yielded fruit. Better get those coattails reinforced. :)

Thank you for the kind words. :)

skarlorn
02-10-2018, 04:18 PM
this is such a huge day

so proud of everyone who has won this enormosu victory

i'm gonna log on i think and petition the shit out of the world

GOD BLESS

Computer Man
02-10-2018, 04:55 PM
It was a long time coming. Thank you Baler.

Baler
02-10-2018, 04:55 PM
Great work, Baler! Not to be rude, but I'm pretty sure it's in vain...unless you're talking about a junkie or a phlebotomist. inb4 lanceless

I actually googled to make sure,. I found that vein was acceptable. :confused:
Due to it being a noun it can also mean "‘a distinctive quality of character, a strain or streak" In english proper circles you're probably far more correct in this though. :)

Pras the great name purge of 2018!

Baler
02-10-2018, 05:01 PM
It was a long time coming. Thank you Baler.
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Works for me, hard to be mad today. Hilarious in Norrath today.
Thank You! :)

Lhancelot
02-10-2018, 05:03 PM
And lets not forget Lhancelot's excellent contributions too! In fact I think I also snitched a couple of names.

/surfs coat tails.

http://i.imgur.com/86wSDu4.gif

rofl Jimjam. :)

skarlorn
02-10-2018, 07:44 PM
I hereby motion to make February 10th known across p99 forums as "Baler Day".

You know why!

I look forward to 2/10/2019 when I can honor the King Baler and his tireless hunting of the unlawful names.

Baler
02-10-2018, 08:04 PM
I hereby motion to make February 10th known across p99 forums as "Baler Day".

You know why!

I look forward to 2/10/2019 when I can honor the King Baler and his tireless hunting of the unlawful names.

You do me a great honor by posting these kind words. You played an important role in all that has unfolded today. Let us not forget the deeds Lord Skarlorn has done on this immense day of joy and entertainment!

Thank You Skarlorn! :)

Expediency
02-10-2018, 10:26 PM
I'm sure to get a lot of "wow didnt read all that" responses, but I decided to do a little investigative reporting regarding the legitimacy of the name "stockmarket". Granted, all I found was circumstantial evidence, but taken as a whole I believe stockmarket has been punished unfairly.

These are two rules** I could find on the p99 naming policy that seemed applicable to this case:

"Names that contain sentences (Ikillorcs), phrases (Ontop), or two or more words that do not form descriptive compound words (Petcarbob, Diediedie and Tablechair).

Descriptive compound words are allowed in first names and are encouraged in surnames (e.g. Treehugger, Giantslayer).
Descriptive compound words (each separate part of the word and the entire word) must otherwise adhere to all other naming rules."

Key here is the determination of whether "stockmarket" is a phrase, or a descriptive compound word that describes the character. Only the first would be against the rules. A stretch to convict based only on this rule.

"Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis)."

Interesting. A search of the p99 wiki shows that merchants regularly use the word "stock." Clearly a concept they are familiar with, it is used in many interactions. Even more damning is a search of the word "market" which gives numerous demonstrations that citizens of norrath are aware the market has incentives and disincentives and they are surprisingly sophisticated in their financial awareness. A few examples:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Kwinn%27s_Quest (proof that black markets also exist in norrath)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Odd_Items (proof that authority figures participate in the market, acknowledge its legitimacy, and are aware of its uncertainty)
https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Bread_Shipment (proof that the market changes based on location)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Rogue_Epic_Quest (Proof the market is shady and/or can be manipulated "The Circle quickly took any market opposition out of Qeynos."

Pretty strong evidence that stock markets, etc would be found in the time/place/setting of everquest and that these concepts would be normal for anyone with financial literacy. (off topic, but "switchblade" was a poor example, a gnomish rogue should be familiar with the idea of a mechanical hidden blade)

Grandfather clause:

Claiming to be in operation since 2010, "Stockmarket" has stood out in the public sphere for almost eight years, after some amount of time you would think that the statue of limitations had ended on this name. The public comment period certainly lasted long enough

Conclusion:

"Stockmarket" is not an aggressively offensive name. It seems to be within the spirit of the law, may or may not be against the letter of the law, but it certainly has a case for legitimacy and if that name is so beyond the pale as to be made an example of, then many (most?) of us have a name that would not pass those rules.

Reciprocity:

Baler has been incredibly heavy handed with his naming thread, refusing to consider any rebuttals to his position. He's a cowboy. As pointed out numerous times, Baler himself is rolling with a name that does not pass EQ muster: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baler

Baler at minimum should be shunned for causing disharmony in our community, at maximum his forums handle should be regenerated using the EQ name generator.

**There's always a catch

Above all else, you may not choose character or guild name which, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff, is deemed to be offensive or improper.

Sorry stockmarket, but there's no arguing this one. An appeal for clemency is your only option.

Bboboo
02-10-2018, 10:42 PM
yikes

skarlorn
02-10-2018, 10:49 PM
I'm sure to get a lot of "wow didnt read all that" responses, but I decided to do a little investigative reporting regarding the legitimacy of the name "stockmarket". Granted, all I found was circumstantial evidence, but taken as a whole I believe stockmarket has been punished unfairly.

These are two rules** I could find on the p99 naming policy that seemed applicable to this case:

"Names that contain sentences (Ikillorcs), phrases (Ontop), or two or more words that do not form descriptive compound words (Petcarbob, Diediedie and Tablechair).

Descriptive compound words are allowed in first names and are encouraged in surnames (e.g. Treehugger, Giantslayer).
Descriptive compound words (each separate part of the word and the entire word) must otherwise adhere to all other naming rules."

Key here is the determination of whether "stockmarket" is a phrase, or a descriptive compound word that describes the character. Only the first would be against the rules. A stretch to convict based only on this rule.

"Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis)."

Interesting. A search of the p99 wiki shows that merchants regularly use the word "stock." Clearly a concept they are familiar with, it is used in many interactions. Even more damning is a search of the word "market" which gives numerous demonstrations that citizens of norrath are aware the market has incentives and disincentives and they are surprisingly sophisticated in their financial awareness. A few examples:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Kwinn%27s_Quest (proof that black markets also exist in norrath)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Odd_Items (proof that authority figures participate in the market, acknowledge its legitimacy, and are aware of its uncertainty)
https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Bread_Shipment (proof that the market changes based on location)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Rogue_Epic_Quest (Proof the market is shady and/or can be manipulated "The Circle quickly took any market opposition out of Qeynos."

Pretty strong evidence that stock markets, etc would be found in the time/place/setting of everquest and that these concepts would be normal for anyone with financial literacy. (off topic, but "switchblade" was a poor example, a gnomish rogue should be familiar with the idea of a mechanical hidden blade)

Grandfather clause:

Claiming to be in operation since 2010, "Stockmarket" has stood out in the public sphere for almost eight years, after some amount of time you would think that the statue of limitations had ended on this name. The public comment period certainly lasted long enough

Conclusion:

"Stockmarket" is not an aggressively offensive name. It seems to be within the spirit of the law, may or may not be against the letter of the law, but it certainly has a case for legitimacy and if that name is so beyond the pale as to be made an example of, then many (most?) of us have a name that would not pass those rules.

Reciprocity:

Baler has been incredibly heavy handed with his naming thread, refusing to consider any rebuttals to his position. He's a cowboy. As pointed out numerous times, Baler himself is rolling with a name that does not pass EQ muster: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baler

Baler at minimum should be shunned for causing disharmony in our community, at maximum his forums handle should be regenerated using the EQ name generator.

**There's always a catch

Above all else, you may not choose character or guild name which, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff, is deemed to be offensive or improper.

Sorry stockmarket, but there's no arguing this one. An appeal for clemency is your only option.

https://i.imgur.com/ZFJiAbZ.gif

I'm revising my petition lens based on this incredible EQ lawyering. I agree that Baler has always been too unyielding. But he's a radical revolutionary leader so I can't fault him. Without the extremity we wouldn't be experiencing the Cleansing.

Expediency
02-10-2018, 10:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ZFJiAbZ.gif

I'm revising my petition lens based on this incredible EQ lawyering. I agree that Baler has always been too unyielding. But he's a radical revolutionary leader so I can't fault him. Without the extremity we wouldn't be experiencing the Cleansing.

On paper, I agree and support Baler' initiative, but he is just an idealist with no sense of justice at all as it applies to himself or his friends. His name is clearly against the EQ naming policy, being an industrial machine not available in norrath and beyond the realm of their knowledge or experience. Another prime offender is Loramin, who is using a name that is trademarked by a major corporation. If these people are going to cheerlead efforts to change names like "stockmarket" and "elephant" for being unclassic, they need to be held accountable.

Baler is like one of those politicians who secretly did a bad thing and knows it so they try to hide it by loudly calling to make the punishment worse for everyone else.

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Baler was my original ultima online character name on a Roleplay Enforced shard called Journey's End.

My older brother who got me into UO and EQ helped me out with names and suggested Balor from Myth (the game).

I like the effort you put into all this though expediency. I'm not sorry if you lost a name however.

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:08 PM
It's unfortunate that Expediency is so out of touch with the forum quest scene. They tend to voice their opinion in a direct and rough way to bully peoples thinking. It's no wonder AG is having internal problems. Can't let everyone in and expect sunshine and roses. Yeah that's a personal attack on you too. Except I know knowledge and I watch closer than you even know. :)

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:08 PM
"I know knowledge" *facepalm*

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:09 PM
And yes you had to fucking piss in my cherio's you prick. I was having a nice day hoping to hit midnight.

Expediency
02-10-2018, 11:11 PM
Baler was my original ultima online character name on a Roleplay Enforced shard called Journey's End.

My older brother who got me into UO and EQ helped me out with names and suggested Balor from Myth (the game).

I like the effort you put into all this though expediency. I'm not sorry if you lost a name however.

I am shocked at how flimsy an excuse you have for your own name considering you had over a year to dream up how you would defend yourself when someone inevitably brought it up.

Look in the link in your own signature! I dont see any exceptions for "If Baler's brother made it on UO its excluded from the p99 rules" and your name is "Baler" not "balor" so what EQ allegedly suggested to you in the past has no relevance here.

To my knowledge I have not lost a name, I had a level one mule that was the only questionable one and would welcome a name change.

Baler
so petition it and shut the fuck up

Ivah
Whole lot of butthurt nerds on the forums. Good job my man

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:12 PM
so many people with opinions yet so few of them have any idea what's going on.

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:13 PM
ps. I'm tired, it's been a long day and my face hurts from smiling hard.

Bboboo
02-10-2018, 11:15 PM
I'm all for enforcing the naming policy but taking such great pleasure in the misfortune of others is just sad.

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:16 PM
I'm all for enforcing the naming policy but taking such great pleasure in the misfortune of others is just sad.

My goal was never to hurt anyone. Immersion was always my goal.

Expediency
02-10-2018, 11:18 PM
so petition it and shut the fuck up

No thanks, I am not interested in wasting the staff's time on trivial issues. Much more fun to spend my time triggering you into quadruple posts

Seriously tho you didnt have even one bit of foresight to think of an excuse for yourself while calling that crusade?? Straight up embarrassing.

Pokesan
02-10-2018, 11:19 PM
No thanks, I am not interested in wasting the staff's time on trivial issues. Much more fun to spend my time triggering you into quadruple posts

Seriously tho you didnt have even one bit of foresight to think of an excuse for yourself while calling that crusade?? Straight up embarrassing.

knock it off or else

Yoink1986
02-10-2018, 11:21 PM
Lol Expediency got baler by the balls and it’s hilarious.

Bboboo
02-10-2018, 11:22 PM
ps. I'm tired, it's been a long day and my face hurts from smiling hard.

My goal was never to hurt anyone. Immersion was always my goal.

https://imgur.com/a/crzuf

ps can you not post images in rnf anymore?

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:22 PM

You seem to be placing these terms in my lap yet I never once said them. You're totally out of touch with the forums and forum questing. Yet you think it's amusing to taunt me with your word.

I'm sorry you don't get a gold star and a pat on the back. I don't know what you want or why you're even here. Congrats my alias is Baler wow mind fucking blown, not.

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:24 PM
But in expediency's mind they're so vastly superior to everyone here that their smug attacks on me are winning.

Pokesan
02-10-2018, 11:26 PM

post the image not the album

it goes i.imgur.otherstuff

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:27 PM

You mistook the context. I was smiling hard today because of the TITLE because of what has finally happened,. Not because people are sad or hurt they lost their name.

Expediency
02-10-2018, 11:31 PM
You seem to be placing these terms in my lap yet I never once said them. You're totally out of touch with the forums and forum questing. Yet you think it's amusing to taunt me with your word.

I'm sorry you don't get a gold star and a pat on the back. I don't know what you want or why you're even here. Congrats my alias is Baler wow mind fucking blown, not.

Does the name "Baler" violate the p99 naming policy or does it not? You cant evade this question forever, playing for time isnt a bad idea tho maybe by tomorrow you can come up with a better excuse for your naming violation

Be the change you want to see in the world. Petition yourself, baler

Bboboo
02-10-2018, 11:32 PM
post the image not the album

it goes i.imgur.otherstuff

sweet thanks

gl sleeping tonight baler with all this adrenaline

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:33 PM
Does the name "Baler" violate the p99 naming policy or does it not? You cant evade this question forever, playing for time isnt a bad idea tho maybe by tomorrow you can come up with a better excuse for your naming violation

Be the change you want to see in the world. Petition yourself, baler

CCCCChanging the subject.
But to answer it does not violate the naming policy. Baler is a perfect valid fantasy roleplay name. It's been on p99 since 2010 and was been used on a enforced roleplay server.

Seek help dude. I still don't know why you're so interested in me. I will repeat because it hasn't gotten through yet. You are out of touch with these forums.

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:34 PM
gl sleeping tonight baler with all this adrenaline

no rest for the wicked. :)

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:46 PM
I hate playing forum quest when I know there's no good move to make simply because randoms come along and spew their opinions at a thread with little to null context.
Double posting/Triple posting is frowned upon but I also can't edit posts. :(

Cambiant
02-10-2018, 11:49 PM
Dick.

Baler
02-10-2018, 11:50 PM
Dick.

If I need to be a poster boy for the naming policy bring on the hate. :rolleyes:

Computer Man
02-10-2018, 11:53 PM
The only people upset here are the ones with stupid names that shouldn't be allowed. You dug your own graves.

Yoink1986
02-11-2018, 12:18 AM
So Computer man are you upset people like their names and want them chaneged? You seem to think if you don’t like them then thought shit. No offense but these so called rules on names seem kinda stupid and many names changed don’t make a lick of sense. FYI my char names have been fine.

Baler
02-11-2018, 12:24 AM
It would make sense for people who lost their char's name to lash out at me. I did include several ag people on that list so I'm sure they're none too happy right now. Which again I didn't do it to hurt them or make them sad. I just hate running around norrath and seeing stabby mcballs the rogue and punchy scalefist the monk. It's immersion breaking.

Senescant
02-11-2018, 12:31 AM
TLDR

Where'd you come up with the list?

Baler
02-11-2018, 12:34 AM
TLDR

Where'd you come up with the list?

From my thread back in 2016...
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255329

Baler
02-11-2018, 12:38 AM
It seems that Yoink1986 was upset about this topic even back in 2016. :rolleyes:

Baler
02-11-2018, 12:40 AM
The "classic" naming policy was too rigid anyway. Stop snitchin

LOL some mads are just mad for life I guess. Man I need to re-read this old thread to see how many names I spot.

Senescant
02-11-2018, 12:54 AM
I see, Excellent forum trolling.
Spooniest didn't get touched. But many of us had a good laugh today. A+ job by you and the staff. Hopefully they catch up on the other names I petitioned as well.

Computer Man
02-11-2018, 12:55 AM
So Computer man are you upset people like their names and want them chaneged?

I'm not upset that people like their names. I do think in a fantasy world that some of the names listed/changed recently don't belong there.

Computer Man is very wise, he tells the truth he never lies (https://youtu.be/l3eww1dnd0k?t=1m56s) ;)

Expediency
02-11-2018, 12:56 AM
LOL some mads are just mad for life I guess. Man I need to re-read this old thread to see how many names I spot.

I also found something entertaining in that thread:

I have been waiting for this!
That is in fact correct. Technically Baler is a violation of the Naming Policy!
Well done Adcid!

Not only that but it's a miss-spelling of a character from another video game.
http://mythipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Balor

By his own hand he admits he must be purged!

BOOK'EM DANNO

Baler
02-11-2018, 12:59 AM
Fun fact there was a gnome mage on live back in the day named Baler.
SHIT'S CLASSIC

Baler
02-11-2018, 01:01 AM
SHIT'S CLASSIC

I just found another person who had a ranger named Baler on live back in the day.

shit is so classic!

Watchmyfeet
02-11-2018, 01:04 AM
SHIT'S CLASSIC

Was he as big of a douche as you are?

Baler
02-11-2018, 01:06 AM
Was he as big of a douche as you are?

Probably not, I'm a self admitted douche. Although i'm not proud of it, it's good to know ones self. Especially when you post on the forums where people can dig up your posts to see if you're a fake. *shrugs*

Baler
02-11-2018, 01:11 AM
Here's the gif I was looking for earlier in regards to "Baler" being a valid name...
http://i.imgur.com/GyaUGaT.gif

RIP Swish miss you man, Hope you're shaking your head and laughing. :o

Watchmyfeet
02-11-2018, 01:14 AM
You stick to forum posts because ToV is too hard?

skarlorn
02-11-2018, 01:44 AM
I just follow server rules sorry you can't reed.

Hope my message has soothed you and given you understanding outside your little ego!

Meep
02-11-2018, 01:46 AM

Aftermath wall starer identified.

Watchmyfeet
02-11-2018, 01:51 AM
Aftermath wall starer identified.

Awakened...but thanks

Jimjam
02-11-2018, 05:32 AM
As a halfling, and susceptible to bribes, I have to agree with Expediency because expediency gave me an infestation.

Will reconsider position in exchange for 5 tink bags.

Sicc
02-11-2018, 07:44 AM
Never understood this mentality. It's just a silly game with silly names.

Snitches and greifers just gained power. Now we're going to have the obsessed people researching origins of everyone's names just like raiders lawyer quest.

Mead
02-11-2018, 08:07 AM
I have to give it to you Baler. You defeated me :). You got my name changed. And my name was really important to me. This is not a good day for me, or week for that matter with my broken leg lol. You got justice for your pal Swish :). Although a troll on the forums, I really did a lot for the community in game. It won't ever be the same for me logging in without my original name. Sad times pals. <3

Lulz~Sect
02-11-2018, 08:44 AM
Lol Expediency got baler by the balls and it’s hilarious.

Cambiant
02-11-2018, 09:15 AM
I repent. I see now that Baler (a real town ((and body of water)) in the Philippines) has intended to sacrifice himself all along for our naming sacrileges. Obviously taking the name of a real world place is not "thematically consistent with the high-fantasy environment of EverQuest". I'll light a candle in your name, Baler, or Plutrien or whatever terrible fantasy name you get. Pras.

Lhancelot
02-11-2018, 10:10 AM
I repent. I see now that Baler (a real town ((and body of water)) in the Philippines) has intended to sacrifice himself all along for our naming sacrileges. Obviously taking the name of a real world place is not "thematically consistent with the high-fantasy environment of EverQuest". I'll light a candle in your name, Baler, or Plutrien or whatever terrible fantasy name you get. Pras.

The name "Baler" doesn't violate the naming policy, just FYI. :p

Cambiant
02-11-2018, 10:26 AM
A player character name that could potentially be, letter for letter, another player's hometown? Riiiight. See you in elf-court, Plutrien.

fastboy21
02-11-2018, 10:28 AM

Forum posting is objectively harder than most play in ToV. Sad facts about EQ raiding.

Ravager
02-11-2018, 10:36 AM
I have to give it to you Baler. You defeated me :). You got my name changed. And my name was really important to me. This is not a good day for me, or week for that matter with my broken leg lol. You got justice for your pal Swish :). Although a troll on the forums, I really did a lot for the community in game. It won't ever be the same for me logging in without my original name. Sad times pals. <3
What justice? Swish's permaban was self-inflicted and long overdue.

Lhancelot
02-11-2018, 10:40 AM
What justice? Swish's permaban was self-inflicted and long overdue.

Mead is just prepping the salad.

Mead
02-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Mead is just prepping the salad.

Nah, I’m not prepping anything buddy. I’m done here. This naming thing is really petty. I never in all my time here thought they would enforce this the way they just did. And for Landris to add in the initial post they changed the names for a reason, so don’t bother petitioning to get it back. Np.

jakerees
02-11-2018, 11:23 AM
I think we need more pictures of people deleting their characters and rage quitting the game over their name being changed. That was hilarious

Lhancelot
02-11-2018, 11:25 AM
Nah, I’m not prepping anything buddy. I’m done here. This naming thing is really petty. I never in all my time here thought they would enforce this the way they just did. And for Landris to add in the initial post they changed the names for a reason, so don’t bother petitioning to get it back. Np.

I feel you.

It's peculiar they'd suddenly start enforcing it after people had established themselves with these names for years.

Clearly no RnF post began the purge, as we have mocked the policy in the past even in the server section ages ago so I am just wondering what the real reason is, why they started to enforce it.

I am kind of stymied by the glee some people seem to get from it. This has had no impact on me whatsoever but I am trying to wrap my head around why a few select people trumpet this as if it's the next coming of Christ.

As for Baler and others, I guess I am supposed to congratulate you guys on your happiness with the guides for enforcing the naming policy which had nothing to do with you wanting it to be enforced, congrats! Trying to be happy for you here. :p

P.S. Not one of my character names has been changed! (Yay for inventive fantasy driven names on my behalf.)

P.P.S. Even Bahgtru was untouched, which clearly is in violation btw! :)

Pokesan
02-11-2018, 11:47 AM
I feel you.

It's peculiar they'd suddenly start enforcing it after people had established themselves with these names for years.

Clearly no RnF post began the purge, as we have mocked the policy in the past even in the server section ages ago so I am just wondering what the real reason is, why they started to enforce it.

I am kind of stymied by the glee some people seem to get from it. This has had no impact on me whatsoever but I am trying to wrap my head around why a few select people trumpet this as if it's the next coming of Christ.

As for Baler and others, I guess I am supposed to congratulate you guys on your happiness with the guides for enforcing the naming policy which had nothing to do with you wanting it to be enforced, congrats! Trying to be happy for you here. :p

P.S. Not one of my character names has been changed! (Yay for inventive fantasy driven names on my behalf.)

P.P.S. Even Bahgtru was untouched, which clearly is in violation btw! :)

because anger is funny, especially video game anger.

i wonder what the split was between actual characters and tunnel mules. policing the tunnel is a waste of time unless you start suspending for mild but repeated violations(please do not)

Lhancelot
02-11-2018, 11:58 AM
because anger is funny, especially video game anger.

i wonder what the split was between actual characters and tunnel mules. policing the tunnel is a waste of time unless you start suspending for mild but repeated violations(please do not)

I get what you mean here, but let's be honest.

All of us value or have some sort of attachment to our toons and the game, whether it's the gear on them, the name, a dungeon, mechanics we love to implement, etc.

If some really big monumental change occurred with no forewarning that upset people, for instance let's say the shaman class was removed from P99, and this upset lots of shaman players, who would actually enjoy the fact this change upset people?

I know it's an awful analogy, but you get what I mean here. :p

I mean I guess it gives us a RnF topic to troll on about, but when I see people are legitimately upset, even when I may not share the same feelings for what has upset them, I don't openly relish it and celebrate the change just because it makes others unhappy.

It's fucking weird to me bro, but w/e.

Ravager
02-11-2018, 12:17 PM
I don't understand the rage over losing a name. Personally, they could change all of mine and I couldn't give a shit. Surprised Ravager hasn't been touched, since that's not a very elfy name, but maybe it's because I haven't logged on him in months, and never show up in EC which seems to be where dumb names go to die.

Lhancelot
02-11-2018, 12:24 PM
I don't understand the rage over losing a name. Personally, they could change all of mine and I couldn't give a shit. Surprised Ravager hasn't been touched, since that's not a very elfy name, but maybe it's because I haven't logged on him in months, and never show up in EC which seems to be where dumb names go to die.

I haven't really fell into any one character on p99, but I have had toons on other games where I forged a much bigger identity in the game and when I think to myself if that character got a name change instantly by the guides, yeah that would make me upset.

So I can see how some people feel here.

Pokesan
02-11-2018, 12:31 PM
congrats on being a humorless paragon of virtue

*gold star*

Phenyo
02-11-2018, 12:33 PM
MAY THE CRUSADE PURGE THE UNRIGHTEOUS FROM THESE LANDS

Lhancelot
02-11-2018, 12:51 PM
congrats on being a humorless paragon of virtue

*gold star*

congrats on being a humorous paragon of nihilism

*gold star*

:rolleyes:

You know humor isn't found funny universally, right? Pretty sure you smart enough to know that. :p

Jimjam
02-11-2018, 01:35 PM
I get what you mean here, but let's be honest.

All of us value or have some sort of attachment to our toons and the game, whether it's the gear on them, the name, a dungeon, mechanics we love to implement, etc.

If some really big monumental change occurred with no forewarning that upset people, for instance let's say the shaman class was removed from P99, and this upset lots of shaman players, who would actually enjoy the fact this change upset people?

I know it's an awful analogy, but you get what I mean here. :p

I mean I guess it gives us a RnF topic to troll on about, but when I see people are legitimately upset, even when I may not share the same feelings for what has upset them, I don't openly relish it and celebrate the change just because it makes others unhappy.

It's fucking weird to me bro, but w/e.
A bit of a 180' on your previous claim that you submitted names in the original thread, bud ;).

I see where you are coming from though!

Lulz~Sect
02-11-2018, 01:37 PM
So what was Meads character name that got hit?

skarlorn
02-11-2018, 02:02 PM
I think we need more pictures of people deleting their characters and rage quitting the game over their name being changed. That was hilarious

MAY THE CRUSADE PURGE THE UNRIGHTEOUS FROM THESE LANDS

Canelek
02-11-2018, 02:12 PM
I think the world (of Everquest) is better off without crass, homophobic or mildly racist names. Granted, someone with a name like Douchelord would be mildly entertaining as a group puller. "Hey Douchelord, find us one with a T-Staff!"

Lhancelot
02-11-2018, 02:18 PM
I think the world (of Everquest) is better off without crass, homophobic or mildly racist names. Granted, someone with a name like Douchelord would be mildly entertaining as a group puller. "Hey Douchelord, find us one with a T-Staff!"

I think 99% of the players feel this way.

People are most upset when they had a name like "Winchester" or some other rather inoffensive name for 5+ years that suddenly gets wiped off.

Canelek
02-11-2018, 02:38 PM
I think 99% of the players feel this way.

People are most upset when they had a name like "Winchester" or some other rather inoffensive name for 5+ years that suddenly gets wiped off.

I have no issues with that name at all. In fact, as a Shaun of the Dead fan, I find it quite clever.

skarlorn
02-11-2018, 02:38 PM
I have major issues with it, especially now that someone is talking about it as a movie reference.

Winaar is a beautiful elvish name.

Jimjam
02-11-2018, 02:47 PM
I have major issues with it, especially now that someone is talking about it as a movie reference.

Winaar is a beautiful elvish name.

It's a mispelling of Weiner.

It's a sausage pun, and one step away from the Scottish processed meat product that must not be named.

TBH, it's a dick joke too, and if I were staff I'd feel ashamed, not that I'm saying they should do. I'm sure it was an oversight.

skarlorn
02-11-2018, 02:49 PM
I disagree.

If it was Wiinar, I would agree.

But Winaar clearly emphasizes the 'aa' part of the name which is a fitting name for a wood elf.

Lhancelot
02-11-2018, 02:52 PM
I disagree.

If it was Wiinar, I would agree.

But Winaar clearly emphasizes the 'aa' part of the name which is a fitting name for a wood elf.

Only if the wood elf was named after a wiener. This is clearly derived from wiener.

Immersion breaking, needs fixed!

kotton05
02-11-2018, 02:54 PM
You don’t have to agree but you can accept!

Brad will save us!!!!! Till then purge the non classic away!

skarlorn
02-11-2018, 02:58 PM

Lhancelot
02-11-2018, 02:59 PM

I wish brad would stop by and chat with us on the P99 forums sometimes. That would be pretty cool. I bet he'd fit right in tbh.

Jimjam
02-11-2018, 03:02 PM
i THOUGHT LULZ WAS BRAD?

skarlorn
02-11-2018, 03:08 PM
that's funny jimjam i think you are right

kaev
02-11-2018, 03:27 PM
Classic name enforcement was a mix of nuking deliberately stupid names chosen by 12 year-olds itching to prove they were stupid, and random bullshit with no rhyme or reason. I remember a troll warrior I knew named Scumbag being forced to change his name because it was "offensive", meanwhile various NPCs are yelling "Scumsucker!" at the players thousands of times per day.

So, we've got the combo of 50 year-olds being hit for proving they're able to be just as stupid as any 12 year-old and some random others being victims of caprice on the part of the staff, it's as classic as classic can be.

Lhancelot
02-11-2018, 03:29 PM
Classic name enforcement was a mix of nuking deliberately stupid names chosen by 12 year-olds itching to prove they were stupid, and random bullshit with no rhyme or reason. I remember a troll warrior I knew named Scumbag being forced to change his name because it was "offensive", meanwhile various NPCs are yelling "Scumsucker!" at the players thousands of times per day.

So, we've got the combo of 50 year-olds being hit for proving they're able to be just as stupid as any 12 year-old and some random others being victims of caprice on the part of the staff, it's as classic as classic can be.

Except some of these names have been running around for 7 years. That's why this is upsetting for many here atm.

Consistency is the lather which keeps all calm.

Lulz~Sect
02-11-2018, 03:29 PM
https://i.imgur.com/vMZHM1f_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Canelek
02-11-2018, 03:45 PM
Well, I am sure Sirmightydingus, upon logging in for retrieval of his corpse in BB, will be pretty happy.

Unless they are still purging, of course.

Lulz~Sect
02-11-2018, 03:46 PM
So what was Meads character name that got hit?

Cambiant
02-11-2018, 07:27 PM
Awfully quiet today, Baler. Did something sour all this for you?

Baler
02-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Awfully quiet today, Baler.

I just found another person who had a ranger named Baler on live back in the day.
http://i.imgur.com/GyaUGaT.gif

acidosis
02-11-2018, 07:43 PM

Hahahhahahahahahaha

Cambiant
02-11-2018, 07:44 PM
I wonder how the curator of the Museum of Baler (celebrating the history and culture of the Filipino town of Baler) would feel about all this. Some goof on the internet representing the whole darn town and it's peoples in such a ridiculous way. I bet they'd be offended. It would be a shame if they played p99. What a terrible position they'd be in. Unless of course they didn't have to see it anymore. Dead. To. Rights.

Ps none of my names have been changed

Baler
02-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Hope you get banned for wasting the staffs time Cambiant.

---
Get well soon mead, I look forward to our FQ brawls! :)

Cambiant
02-11-2018, 07:59 PM
I'm not from Baler. Why would I petition the staff? You created a thread, seeking heat. Are you warm?

Oscillate
02-11-2018, 08:16 PM
Me right now...

Snitch

Baler
02-11-2018, 08:23 PM
Snitch

Another verb is mad, which describes your state! :p

Oscillate
02-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Another verb is mad, which describes your state! :p

Not mad, but it is fascinating, that you care that much about others name's. I can't imagine, out of everything, that is what affects your game experience the most.

That is just me though, I don't put much weight into names, personally.

NachtMystium
02-11-2018, 08:50 PM
Not mad, but it is fascinating, that you care that much about others name's. I can't imagine, out of everything, that is what affects your game experience the most.

That is just me though, I don't put much weight into names, personally.

The thing about Baler is, while fascinating, is a well known issue. It's called Autism. He gets pleasure out of things your average person would find kind of ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if his room looks like a paranoid schizophrenic who's jotted down all the illegal names he's seen on the server and has them plastered all over his walls.

Cambiant
02-11-2018, 09:10 PM
I'm finding more Filipinos on the server than I expected. I sure hope Baler (a democratic municipality in the Philippines) is as gracious a fellow by another name (likely Plutrien).

Ravager
02-11-2018, 09:10 PM
The thing about Baler is, while fascinating, is a well known issue. It's called Autism. He gets pleasure out of things your average person would find kind of ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if his room looks like a paranoid schizophrenic who's jotted down all the illegal names he's seen on the server and has them plastered all over his walls.
None of what you described is autism.

skarlorn
02-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Chuckling at the Filipino town of Baler allegations

NachtMystium
02-11-2018, 09:22 PM
None of what you described is autism.

I was being facetious, I'm not a young doctor. Let's replace autism with "disorder"

Geomance22
02-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Reading all these threads about hundreds of barely neccesary name changes and then see guilds like <Kittens Who Say Meow> and <Dial a Dad> fucking around, real dissapointed fam

aMindAmok
02-11-2018, 09:32 PM
Reading all these threads about hundreds of barely neccesary name changes and then see guilds like <Kittens Who Say Meow> and <Dial a Dad> fucking around, real dissapointed fam

I notice nobody dares go after the big names like Detoxx. I smell favoritism. :D

Cambiant
02-11-2018, 09:32 PM
Chuckling at the Filipino town of Baler allegations

He, Baler (Come fish the rich waters of Baler Bay! ((credit Baler Tourism Association )) is not chuckling. He is frantically trying to discredit nearly forty thousand real life, feeling people of their heritage and culture.

As a face of the purge, you disappoint, Filibus. Almost sounds like Filipino too, for shame.

NachtMystium
02-11-2018, 09:34 PM
I notice nobody dares go after the big names like Detoxx. I smell favoritism. :D

This is what i'm getting at, it's clear. The only thing about it, around here, it doesn't matter.

aMindAmok
02-11-2018, 09:37 PM
This is what i'm getting at, it's clear. The only thing about it, around here, it doesn't matter.

I agree. Could care less about the names. But it is fun to push people buttons.

Mead
02-11-2018, 09:56 PM
Hope you get banned for wasting the staffs time Cambiant.

---
Get well soon mead, I look forward to our FQ brawls! :)

No more forumquest for me pal. And I’m not delusional enough to think that my presence here matters in any way, but I’m finished here. This entire situation is a joke. Players here longer than most or all GMs except for Sirken getting their names changed that aren’t offensive in any way. But this decision had to be okd from the top. As mentioned, this is their playground. We have no rights here. It doesn’t change the fact that what it’s happened was really thoughtless. And I decided to not be a part of this anymore.

Geomance22
02-11-2018, 10:08 PM
maybe you shoulda followed the rules that were stated whenever the toons were created

Ravager
02-11-2018, 10:23 PM
Of all the things to worry and get upset about.... this isn't one of them.

NachtMystium
02-11-2018, 10:28 PM

I totally agree and that's why there is such a fuss about the sudden focus on trivial name violations :)

Pokesan
02-11-2018, 10:33 PM

skarlorn
02-11-2018, 11:31 PM
I disagree. This is a great thing to be buckling down on right now. When Green comes, I don't want my immersion ruined. How exactly does Detoxx violate naming convention? Plus let me know if he belongs on the List

NachtMystium
02-11-2018, 11:42 PM
I disagree. This is a great thing to be buckling down on right now. When Green comes, I don't want my immersion ruined. How exactly does Detoxx violate naming convention? Plus let me know if he belongs on the List

Detox'ing is a common term used for abstaining from drugs to achieve homeostasis. I guess you could argue drug-use exists with alcohol consumption, which exists in EverQuest.. You may have a point. However, you could also argue Winchester could be a fantasy name and have no relation to a rifle whatsoever.

But it's that last bullet point that really is the only thing that matters:

Cambiant
02-11-2018, 11:44 PM
Such wasted energy. A baby died in Baler tonight from lack of medical services that could have been covered by RMT. #justiceforBaler

MilanderTruewield
02-11-2018, 11:49 PM
LOL. Midrange (bard... because the midrange is where it's at... not the low range, and not the high...) ended up on Baler's list, but not Docturr Greenthumb, my druid (which, contrary to popular belief wasn't named specifically for the Cypress Hill song, but more along the line of druids being plant doctors, and "Green thumb" signifying affinity for growing plants. Btw, if someone would come off the name "Azer", I'd be more than willing to let the GM's change Docturr to my live Druids' name, which was Azer Stormseeker :D

Baler
02-12-2018, 12:01 AM
Just received a PM from someone who lost their name and they blame me. I'm not staff don't shake your fist at me. It's like getting a speeding ticket from a cop and blaming the guy you passed who was driving the speed limit.

@Midrange - a lot of the names I put on that list from 2016 were people I spotted in EC or were level 59/60.

It's nothing personal.

Cambiant is almost my biggest fan right behind lhancelot. Look out Lhance you got competition for my attention.

Cambiant
02-12-2018, 12:29 AM
1/10 as many posts tonight as opposed to last night for you, Baler thief of real life culture. Feeling the heat? Kiss your beloved character name goodnight and welcome Plutrien with the rising sun as a cleansed member of the community.

bluntfang
02-12-2018, 12:50 AM
the real question: do foxes exist in EQ lore?

Barcelona
02-12-2018, 01:19 AM
It seems that Yoink1986 was upset about this topic even back in 2016. :rolleyes:

This is why Yoink1986 is so upset/scared about all of this Baler:

Retllon’s the name and EQs my game!

http://wiki.project1999.com/Retlon_Brenclog

He is Retllon Brenclog<Paradigm Shift>

Dude is literally a gnome magician named almost the exact same name as an NPC gnome magician in one of the most well known noobie zones in the game!

Barcelona
02-12-2018, 01:26 AM

I agree 110% , in addition, let us not forget about Breaken Bad<Awakened>

Let no one be above the law!! Keep Project 1999 immersed in its fanatasy world!

NachtMystium
02-12-2018, 01:31 AM
I agree 110% , in addition, let us not forget about Breaken Bad<Awakened>

Cmon now...we've got bigger fish to fry such as Winchester and Stockbroker... Breaken Bad is just trivial...right? RIGHT? I mean when I logged on to start my name purges, I didn't even THINK of Breaken Bad, my sights were aimed dead on Winchester Supernatural!! People like that can ruin their own lands but they will NOT ruin mine!

Barcelona
02-12-2018, 01:41 AM
But this decision had to be okd from the top.

Oh but it was, the very top

Do you recall what happened last week in Minneapolis Minnesota. This is retribution. He had to focus his anger somewhere!

Pokesan
02-12-2018, 01:41 AM
the real question: do foxes exist in EQ lore?

huge, if canon. the sky of norrath dedinitely has stars at night. if foxes also exist i would like first dibs on the namw Starfox. classic!

ill have to consulr with *lhance personality takes over* the amoral puppetmasters behind this movement to find ourmt if its ok

aaezil
02-12-2018, 02:11 AM
yes plz change detoxx's name kthxbai

Meep
02-12-2018, 02:28 AM
No more forumquest for me pal.

:rolleyes:

skarlorn
02-12-2018, 03:21 AM
huge, if canon. the sky of norrath dedinitely has stars at night. if foxes also exist i would like first dibs on the namw Starfox. classic!

ill have to consulr with *lhance personality takes over* the amoral puppetmasters behind this movement to find ourmt if its ok

it is granteD

Nagoya
02-12-2018, 05:13 AM
You all realize that there are like 200 npcs not "following" the naming policy right?

That no matter what we do to our players, we have to live with NPCs like Bob the Painter, Jeoffrey and Sansa... stupid anagrams or reverse words like felwithe, nilbog or tolapumj, guard Chopin or guard Bach in higher, etc.! the list is long. Many references to real world people, location and pop culture (of the time).

There is no npc named "Asslicker" or "Illilirnmillimn" as far as I know, so that's one thing for a naming policy;

But shouldn't we maybe have a naming policy that is somewhat similar to the base immersion level the game has to start with!?

I'm all in to "protect" the immersion, but that does not mean we should need to elevate it, just keep as it is, not less, not more.

I had no name changed in the current purge, but I guess some of my names would have been petitionned of these bored lunatics had the chance to. Finding a cool name for your character is not always easy, and sometimes what is "immersion-breaking" to one person actually has a cool and legitimate background to another.

I dislike Sirstabsalot the barbarian rogue or Portsyou the halfling druid or Dontdiebro the dwarf cleric as much as most people, but leave Winchester, Stockmarket or Idol alone ffs; you have ruined your own brain and pleasure, but don't ruin other's.

Everyone rejoicing at this event is a sick kid that needs
some time outside in the sun, with a nice ice cream and good city pop music in an open top Cadillac. Also maybe girls. Or dudes.

Lhancelot
02-12-2018, 06:58 AM

While I agree this doesn't shake me up personally, we are talking about a game and nothing in it really warrants "worry" or being "upset" if you really want to break it down.

However, I am sure of all the possibilities something could be changed in the game that would indeed upset you and me.

Personally I don't try to tell others what should or shouldn't upset them when it comes to pixels because honestly it is very subjective what someone finds important to them in a game.

People love to tell others to play the game their way, raid or don't, but then when this very game-changing nerf to names occurs people suddenly think it's fun to troll others because to them it's not important.

Whatever floats ya'lls boats though.

P.S. None of my very violating names have been changed yet. :(

thebutthat
02-12-2018, 07:50 AM
lmao, this is who spent there whole sunday /telling everyone in ec there name was reported for violating the naming policy and causing an uproar in EC /shout? *fedora tip fellow neck beard.

kaev
02-12-2018, 12:56 PM

Definite candidate for absolute most bestest RnF post ever, could be the title of every thread here. Thanks Ravager, made my morning. ;)

mattydef
02-12-2018, 01:40 PM
I love how people are mad about this. It's like driving in the carpool lane by yourself for years and never getting caught. You know it's against the law but you do it anyway. Then one day you finally get pulled over and get a ticket, and you tell the officer that it's not fair because you've been doing it for years and never once got pulled over.

SiouxNation
02-12-2018, 02:01 PM
I love how people are mad about this. It's like driving in the carpool lane by yourself for years and never getting caught. You know it's against the law but you do it anyway. Then one day you finally get pulled over and get a ticket, and you tell the officer that it's not fair because you've been doing it for years and never once got pulled over.

The only flaw in your analogy is that the carpool they have been driving in has been routinely patrolled by police.

A better analogy would be waking up and finding that they started enforcing j walking laws, except they retroactively handed out tickets based on past transgressions.

TLDR: Don’t j-walk and don’t use fabric softener

skarlorn
02-12-2018, 02:05 PM
A better analogy would be that having an illegal name is like possessing CHILD PORN.

Everyone knows you aren't supposed to have CP. But some people download it anyway.

Then, when the FBI come and arrest you, you're like "CMONNN duuuuuude but it was cool for the last couple yeaaars not FAIR, I was about to get a raise!"

Illegal names. Not even once.

SiouxNation
02-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Skarlorn never passes on a chance to weave CP into the conversation.

Pokesan
02-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Sorry for tormenting you with my posts folks. That was wrong of me.

Nagoya
02-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Illegal names. Not even once.

your name is a stupid bus-line system name dude. get off your high horses.

Lulz~Sect
02-12-2018, 02:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/rb6WAPU_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

petition filed

Ket
02-12-2018, 03:32 PM
Purge them all.

Nerds with bad fantasy names are fake nerds. Be better.

skarlorn
02-12-2018, 03:33 PM
cringing at nagoya the autistic

Lulz~Sect
02-12-2018, 03:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/MHgssut_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

📝

Lulz~Sect
02-12-2018, 03:48 PM
📝

Senescant
02-12-2018, 03:50 PM

📝

My Immersion!!!

/petitioned

skarlorn
02-12-2018, 03:51 PM
GUYS I DO NOT HAVE AN ACCENT MARK IN MY NAME FILBUS ....

FIL'BUS HAS AN ACCENT MARK...

IF I NAMED IT AFTER THE FRANCH BUS LINE I WOULD HAVE HAD THE FIL'BUS ACCENT MARK.

HOWEVER ,

I DO NOT...,,

PLEASE DELET YOUR TROLL POSTS NOW THAT YOU UNDERSTAND

Lulz~Sect
02-12-2018, 03:53 PM
📝📝📝📝📝

Lhancelot
02-12-2018, 04:00 PM

📝

Ahh, well. Those in glass houses should not throw stones.

Filbus = French bus for the homeless. Nice.

Lulz~Sect
02-12-2018, 04:02 PM
https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancelot

📝

skarlorn
02-12-2018, 04:11 PM
dam lulz digging DEEP how did no one catch the lancelot ref before?

*SCRIBBLES EXCITEDLY*

Lulz~Sect
02-12-2018, 04:35 PM
That silent H throws ppl off

Nagoya
02-12-2018, 04:51 PM
cringing at nagoya the autistic

You don't even play the game anymore and are on a quest to change people's character names based on nothing. And then you think autistic is an insult.

My name is obviously the name of the Aichi capital in Japan, where I lived for 6 years and have fond memories.

Most people here have names based on something. That something is usually from the real world.

That includes like half the NPCs.

Get over it , you're just being a mean immature kid.

Ban yourself already, get some sun dude.

MilanderTruewield
02-12-2018, 04:58 PM
Either way, you are pointing out a perceived naming violation, when your name is also a naming violation. People in glass houses, and such.

skarlorn
02-12-2018, 05:00 PM
I've petitioned all my toons which had naming violations.

Hope this helps!

skarlorn
02-12-2018, 05:03 PM
double post to continue my cringe at Nagoya. Rly awkward posts to read. Better luck thinking up a name next time pal, PM if you need help with the ol' creativity ;)

Lulz~Sect
02-12-2018, 05:06 PM
No worri s let’s find a japenese phrase to spell out phonetically

😬

Pokesan
02-12-2018, 05:15 PM
first thing i do when my name gets changed is sneak in awakened again. blacklist my ass.

Senescant
02-12-2018, 05:17 PM
I've petitioned all my toons which had naming violations.

Hope this helps!

Including Filbus?

skarlorn
02-12-2018, 05:21 PM
No of course not, I don't waste the staff's time with troll petitions.

khanable
02-12-2018, 05:22 PM
first thing i do when my name gets changed is sneak in awakened again. blacklist my ass.

This could really turn it around for Nuffwin

someone page that guy

Jimjam
02-12-2018, 05:25 PM
No of course not, I don't waste the staff's time with troll petitions.

womblord getting another burst of life?

(that's an ejaculation joke)

skarlorn
02-12-2018, 05:26 PM
Yeah Womblord has been filed on.

I'm waiting on the name change, and then I think I might actually play him again! It'll be like he really did permadie and now I can just play a druid and get him to porting level :-)

Platwhore, my 2nd ever rolled toon and infamous EC slut has also been filed on today.

Jimjam
02-12-2018, 05:28 PM
It's cool that you'll have closure on the druid, and be able to step away from his legacy, but without having to reroll for a portbot!

Nagoya
02-12-2018, 07:29 PM
double post to continue my cringe at Nagoya. Rly awkward posts to read. Better luck thinking up a name next time pal, PM if you need help with the ol' creativity ;)

All my names are super fine, up and running! Don't worry for Nagoya and my stupid army of alts ;)

My creativity does not need the help of someone naming characters platwhore, womblord or some bus-line, thank you very much.

It's cute that you've selected a few favorite insulting words like "cringe" and "autist" thinking that they usually make you win most online arguments and keep using them like you own the place and affect other people's lives. Being insulting, vulgar and arrogant certainly makes you super manly and fierce, continue you have this! You're winning the fight big boy, your mother is proud of you :)

Anyway. /ignore skarlorn.

My only point is that the Naming Convention for PCs should ressemble the "policy" that was used by the devs when making the NPCs for the game. If their Creative Department decided that having a Lars Ulrich or a Mike Patton, a Chopin, Back or Bob Ross in Norrath; that probably means that we can get away with real-life/pop references as well, while still being aligned with Everquest's vision and immersion.

Offensive names, Barcode names, Sentence-names, etc. don't exist in NPCs and as such should probably not exist in PCs either. Everything else should be fine.

skarlorn
02-12-2018, 07:34 PM
*adds Nagoya to the list*

Canelek
02-12-2018, 07:38 PM
So long, Partymountain. You would have been a swell cleric. :)

skarlorn
02-12-2018, 07:40 PM
All my names are super fine
My creativity does not need the help of someone naming characters platwhore, womblord or some bus-line, thank you very much.

>literally names his HALFLING DRUID after a japenese city

help is on the way!!

Nagoya
02-12-2018, 07:41 PM
ouch... this is the 4th time you give me this exact answer dude.
I'm starting to worry about your brain as a whole ;A;
And please, don't be ridiculous and talk about your creativity anymore, you will embarass yourself...

I'll give you the last word cause you think this is how you win an argument online, so fire at will I won't answer anymore :)

good job!

Fil'Bus 1 - 0 Nagoya.

so strong. so man. so fierce. rawr.

Nagoya
02-12-2018, 07:47 PM
(ok sorry but if you're posting while i'm posting as well i use my joker :))

you know that people have been named after cities since the dawn of times right?
you realize it is a very common thing in both the real world and most fantasy worlds and settings?
yes, i did think that "nagoya" was a nice sounding set of syllables for a fantasy halfling, the inspiration coming from a real-world city name.
would you have prefered SonyEQ (qeynos) as a fantasy-inspired name? or maybe white elf (felwithe)? ...

maskedmelon
02-12-2018, 07:50 PM

you know that people have been named after cities since the dawn of times right?
you realize it is a very common thing in both the real world and most fantasy worlds and settings?
yes, i did think that "nagoya" was a nice sounding set of syllables for a fantasy halfling, the inspiration coming from a real-world city name.
would you have prefered SonyEQ (qeynos) as a fantasy-inspired name? or maybe white elf (felwithe)? ...

all of those violate the naming policy :c now, you could have utilized an anagram, liek Chetlopita Fokenchia

jakerees
02-12-2018, 07:52 PM

Where can I find the city of Nagoya in Norrath please? I want to slaughter its citizens

maskedmelon
02-12-2018, 07:54 PM
Where can I find the city of Nagoya in Norrath please? I want to slaughter its citizens

it is a prefecture in central Akanaon.

Nagoya
02-12-2018, 08:00 PM

Baler, Nemce... you know there are many cities in the world and some PC names are bound to sound alike real-world cities :) There is a town in Alberta called "Gimli" - what are you going to do, /petition J.R.R. Tolkien for breaking your immersion?

as stated in my previous post, that you quoted, i thought 'nagoya' was a nice set of syllable for a fantasy halfling, regardless of my inspiration. the inspiration of the player behind the name is a story in itself, but in-within the game, it is perfectly acceptable to think that some halfling people named their daughter 'nagoya' with no outside inspiration whatsoever.

MY inspiration as a human being was a real-world city.
the inspiration of the hypothetical parents of Nagoya the halfling in-game are obscure and a topic for another day! It's probably not a city though sorry, and you probably can't slaughter nagoya's residents.

skarlorn
02-12-2018, 08:17 PM
>cries about my name having some vague ties to a google search result
>brags about naming himself after a Japanese city
>admonishes petty insults
>uses petty insults

Filbus 1 - 0 Nagoya.

Cambiant
02-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Whatwhatwhat!? Is a character named after a real world place against the naming policy!? Srsly though, I forgot all about the fight I picked. Has Baler been seen in game? I ran my alt Balerslayer to the tunnel before moving on with my elf life but it would be fun to rub forum noses in ogre shit.

Lemonhead
02-12-2018, 09:28 PM
did expediency get changed yet? I think it should be changed to portbot2000

Lulz~Sect
02-12-2018, 09:34 PM
📓🖊

maskedmelon
02-12-2018, 10:14 PM
logged in briefly tonight to ensure all of me was still me and saw kimjonghealz in mistmoore.

Senescant
02-12-2018, 10:51 PM
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Llandris_Thirandus

https://i.imgur.com/lQEbfFK.gif

Lhancelot
02-12-2018, 11:35 PM
>cries about my name having some vague ties to a google search result
>brags about naming himself after a Japanese city
>admonishes petty insults
>uses petty insults

Skarlorn, Nagoya has shared on the forums that one time in a past life he participated in a live acting rendition of Rocky Horror Picture Show during the showing of the movie as was tradition before you were even born. Only someone of high culture would ever have done something so brazenly awesome, you shouldn't be so mean to Nagoya. :(

skarlorn
02-12-2018, 11:42 PM
lol clutch gif

Nagoya
02-12-2018, 11:57 PM
Skarlorn, Nagoya has shared on the forums that one time in a past life he participated in a live acting rendition of Rocky Horror Picture Show during the showing of the movie as was tradition before you were even born. Only someone of high culture would ever have done something so brazenly awesome, you shouldn't be so mean to Nagoya. :(

at that point he's only being mean to himself Lhancelot. don't worry about me :)
the fact that he has not a single time answered the very simple fact that the NPCs themselves don't respect the naming policy and are "breaking immersion" means a lot on the shallowness of the whole endeavor you have been a part of ;)

for the record i don't know anyone whose name has been changed, including myself obviously, i'm just vigorously appaled at the immaturity of the witch hunt and the rejoicing of some forum trolls on such a high level of injustice and power trip orchestrated by the GMs...

it's voluntary time and it's a free game is getting old as well. i don't beat up my kids cause they live in my home for free and i raise them on my free voluntary time you know. this is not how it works :)

anyway.

i know you're just being lhancelot, trying to be nice to everyeone not understanding this is the best way to be disliked by everyone cause you lack basic social skills :p don't change bro, you're rocking this ;)

Lhancelot
02-13-2018, 12:48 AM
at that point he's only being mean to himself Lhancelot. don't worry about me :)
the fact that he has not a single time answered the very simple fact that the NPCs themselves don't respect the naming policy and are "breaking immersion" means a lot on the shallowness of the whole endeavor you have been a part of ;)

for the record i don't know anyone whose name has been changed, including myself obviously, i'm just vigorously appaled at the immaturity of the witch hunt and the rejoicing of some forum trolls on such a high level of injustice and power trip orchestrated by the GMs...

it's voluntary time and it's a free game is getting old as well. i don't beat up my kids cause they live in my home for free and i raise them on my free voluntary time you know. this is not how it works :)

anyway.

i know you're just being lhancelot, trying to be nice to everyeone not understanding this is the best way to be disliked by everyone cause you lack basic social skills :p don't change bro, you're rocking this ;)

I shitpost on shit posts, and sorry if you fail to differentiate my real feelings from my trollings but it's not my job to figure that out for you or other readers.

Most of this stuff people get bent out of shape over is extremely petty BS and I just prefer balancing the dumbness with deflections and trollings to alleviate pressures.

Since we discussing personal details about me, I'd like to try to clarify myself to you.

I actually believe every person has good qualities, even people who I have been at odds with on these forums. I have no problem recognizing something they may write that is entertaining and I like to comment on that - not just negative stuff.

I don't subscribe to the idea that just because someone isn't an elf pal, I can't say something nice to them and I guess this is where I am different than most of you people here.

I don't hold grudges and I don't waste energy hating people. Sorry if that's a difficult concept for you and others to grasp.

jakerees
02-13-2018, 12:58 AM

...trying to figure out if you are comparing the GMs changing people's names on a free game with child abuse....

Seek help

Cambiant
02-13-2018, 07:46 AM

But would you change their names?

Nagoya
02-13-2018, 12:29 PM
It's okay Lhancelot. I have no "grudges" against you either. I think you're trying too hard to be 'nice' sometimes and it backfires you and it's cute; no worries ;)

Jakerees, I am comparing the excuses. Having power without remuneration and without a boss (so doing it under your free time and for free) does not mean you can suddenly do whatever you want with that power. I am sorry my comparison shocked you.

Cambiant, no I wouldn't change their names. Their mother and I worked hard to find a name we like. It's against the "naming policy" and there are only one person with this name on earth, and it's based on real-world things; but I hope it won't break anyone's immersion into the real world :) kids get attached to their names really quick and changing it suddenly without notice after years would be very cruel torture. Some people might petition against their names, but I stand firm that something is not shocking as soon as someone is shocked. And that laws and rules are man-made and imperfect and should always be taken with a grain of salt and a head on the shoulders.

Baler
02-13-2018, 01:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Ef9SVjK.gif

skarlorn
02-13-2018, 01:27 PM
Dear Nagoya,

Seeketh helpeth.

Ket
02-13-2018, 03:14 PM
Just follow the friggin' rules. Shit ain't hard.

Lammy
02-13-2018, 04:43 PM
I have a Rogue named Clarkey and I feel that it is definitely in violation of the naming policy. I am so embarrassed now that I have found out what the name means. If you want to change it I am willing.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clarkey
complete penis eating loser who likes the cock. is generally asociated with bitesize and being a total loser.

Lojik
02-13-2018, 06:28 PM
What color text is it when you slay hundreds of names? Pras sir Baler.

skarlorn
02-13-2018, 06:58 PM
I have a Rogue named Clarkey and I feel that it is definitely in violation of the naming policy. I am so embarrassed now that I have found out what the name means. If you want to change it I am willing.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clarkey
complete penis eating loser who likes the cock. is generally asociated with bitesize and being a total loser.

God bless u

Senescant
02-13-2018, 09:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/8CkY70v.jpg

SiouxNation
02-13-2018, 09:52 PM
https://youtu.be/oBWPVNtVYjU

Filbus = Fillbus = Fill the Bus

Guys, he’s a humanitarian with only the well being of his fellow man in mind. Let me be the first to thank him for all he has done, and is going to do for us and our unborn children.

skarlorn
02-13-2018, 10:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/8CkY70v.jpg

LOL

Argentate
02-13-2018, 10:49 PM
Leave Filbus alone.

Filibuster Filbus is the true unsung hero representing the oppressed in this debacle. Disguised as a whistle-blower, he recruited frantic followers and the group effectively paralyzed the petition queue in an elf-sim DDoS fashion until the GMs eventually gave up their pursuit. We should all thank him for his noble actions so people today get to enjoy their freedom of speech and naming rights.

Pokesan
02-14-2018, 12:17 AM
Leave Filbus alone.

Filibuster Filbus is the true unsung hero representing the oppressed in this debacle. Disguised as a whistle-blower, he recruited frantic followers and the group effectively paralyzed the petition queue in an elf-sim DDoS fashion until the GMs eventually gave up their pursuit. We should all thank him for his noble actions so people today get to enjoy their freedom of speech and naming rights.

malicious compliance is a beautiful thing

Uberom
02-14-2018, 12:35 AM
I was being facetious, I'm not a young doctor. Let's replace autism with "disorder"

Wow 8 years later and people are still using the young doctor thing. I think I trolled that up once upon a time. I had some real doozys back in '10.

Meep
02-14-2018, 01:05 AM
<Young> was once a guild

Velthak
02-14-2018, 09:38 AM
inshallah

Nagoya
02-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Their server, their posted rules, how is it injustice and power trip to enforce their posted rules?

I do a agree with your analogy of children though. That's exactly what people are acting like crying over this policy.

And for the record, I don't think your name, or Loramin's, or Filbus, etc should be changed. If you can't tell the difference between those types of names and "Jesuschrist Lordandsaviour" or "Dankk Memez" then I don't really know what to tell you. All the best though.

Injustice is when they enforce it for some and not for others. Have you been in the tunnel today? It is still full of Jesuschrist and Dankkmemes. Everywhere. And yet some people somehow got the axe. This makes people feel unfairly treated. Stockmarket is now Arleigh, but he has to do business with Austin Power, Ecmulexx, Memes and Sellsalot.

I do see the difference between the two categories indeed, as stated numerous times :) I am separating the real shitty names (stabsalot, Dankkmemes and shiteater) to the names that even an NPC could have had and that was uncalled for to change (Winchester, Idol, etc....). I am all in for category A, I am not so much in for category B. And I do think that myself, Fil'Bus, Baler, Loramin, etc. are indeed in category B.

It is a "power trip" when you're not using power as you should (equally and fairly, to everyone the same) but as you can and want.

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Category C: folks who needed to be taken down a peg.
Population: Baler.
Result: ? I'm not sure, still haven't seen him in game since Saturday. I am seeing my name pop up in Seb groups as an alleged mass-informant, which is funny and leads me to believe my name is being slandered in the more exclusive elf-circles, which makes me feel like I got a kill with my one shot. I would appreciate closure on who won our forum duel.

Baler
02-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Thanks for being a fanboy Cambiant. Spread my name and good things will happen. :)

jakerees
02-14-2018, 02:27 PM
Category C: folks who needed to be taken down a peg.
Population: Baler.
Result: ? I'm not sure, still haven't seen him in game since Saturday. I am seeing my name pop up in Seb groups as an alleged mass-informant, which is funny and leads me to believe my name is being slandered in the more exclusive elf-circles, which makes me feel like I got a kill with my one shot. I would appreciate closure on who won our forum duel.

Looks like Baler did

kaev
02-14-2018, 02:31 PM
Looks like Baler did

when you're shot down by jakerees, you've very nearly reached bottom

skarlorn
02-14-2018, 02:35 PM
Looks like Baler did

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 02:47 PM
I shall concede defeat when I see the pc. This has been a lot of fun.

Baler
02-14-2018, 02:56 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Tn5ORN0.gif

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 03:36 PM
Like I said, a lot of fun. Will you be logging on Baler tonight?

Baler
02-14-2018, 03:45 PM
I don't play baler much ever anymore. but I play everyday. So everyone who is screeching like austists to get my name petitioned is wasting their time.

skarlorn
02-14-2018, 03:55 PM
This target on Baler's back is laughable. You're just afraid to take on the real Face of Justice (Llandris)

Canelek
02-14-2018, 03:58 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Tn5ORN0.gif

Rock, flag and Eagle indeed! Great episode.

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 06:54 PM
Trolls are like goblins, we only gain power by slaying those who have it. If indeed your name is intact, I shall submit.

Baler
02-14-2018, 07:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/L3okaUz.gif
https://i.imgur.com/aw1A7kP.gif

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 07:12 PM
Whole Lotta deflection, show us.

Baler
02-14-2018, 07:14 PM
Whole Lotta deflection, show us.

I'm logging in right now, EC at the entrance to tunnel.

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 09:27 PM
Just got home from skiing/tubing. How about now? You can duel down Balerslayer before I delete him and capitulate defeat.

Baler
02-14-2018, 09:40 PM
Just got home from skiing/tubing. How about now? You can duel down Balerslayer before I delete him and capitulate defeat.

Okay I'm logging in now.

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 09:45 PM
Tunnel ent?

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 10:11 PM
Okay I'm logging in now.

/who all baler
Players in EverQuest:
---------------------------------
[1 Warrior] Balerslayer (Dark Elf) ZONE: ecommons
There is 1 player in EverQuest

Does now mean sometime soon? I mean, I'll hang out and have a couple beers. I've been wanting to watch the noir version of Logan anyway, but it's really seeming like you got your name changed and are trying to play it cool while hoping an appeal sticks. Come kill me.

Baler
02-14-2018, 10:20 PM
Yeah man I'll be right in was having net issues. Where are you located again? :)

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 10:32 PM
I understand it must be terribly embarrassing to have a forum-nub come along and strip your name with a single petition: the only petition they've ever written. We all understand the deflection and condescension. Isn't it strange that someone with such an elf-ego wouldn't simply show up to claim victory? Your appeal will not stick and you know why. The volunteers are all players too and every bit just as bored with you. They see you, whatever your name is. This movie is beautiful in black and white.

Lemonhead
02-14-2018, 11:05 PM

Holy shit, what's skiing/tubing? Like strap a little tube on both feet and just fuckin go. That's hardcore.

Pokesan
02-14-2018, 11:13 PM
I understand it must be terribly embarrassing to have a forum-nub come along and strip your name with a single petition: the only petition they've ever written. We all understand the deflection and condescension. Isn't it strange that someone with such an elf-ego wouldn't simply show up to claim victory? Your appeal will not stick and you know why. The volunteers are all players too and every bit just as bored with you. They see you, whatever your name is. This movie is beautiful in black and white.

get an avatar or you're going on ignore!!!

Lemonhead
02-14-2018, 11:16 PM
Also, apparently you guys broke Jakerees. wtf

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 11:20 PM
Holy shit, what's skiing/tubing? Like strap a little tube on both feet and just fuckin go. That's hardcore.

Nah, skiing pass for most of the day then a two hour tubing pass. Although I did watch one chick eat shit so baday she tumbled through the woods between the bunny slope and tubing lift.

Lemonhead
02-14-2018, 11:26 PM
Nah, skiing pass for most of the day then a two hour tubing pass. Although I did watch one chick eat shit so baday she tumbled through the woods between the bunny slope and tubing lift.

I saw someone break their leg, sideways style, right in front of me on a flat section of a blue. It was just a caught edge. She was screaming like crazy. Skiing is awesome!

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 11:27 PM
get an avatar or you're going on ignore!!!

Thought I did. Didn't stick for some reason.

jakerees
02-14-2018, 11:29 PM
Also, apparently you guys broke Jakerees. wtf

No time to be verbose in the face of callous rule breaking. I can be loquacious when this crisis has ended.

#MeToo (I also had immersion ruined by names like Doctordot and Tacosid)

jakerees
02-14-2018, 11:30 PM
Didn't stick for some reason.

That's what she said

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 11:34 PM
#MeToo
That's what she said.

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 11:40 PM
Me right now...

"I understand it must be terribly embarrassing to have a forum-nub come along and strip your name with a single petition: the only petition they've ever written. We all understand the deflection and condescension. Isn't it strange that someone with such an elf-ego wouldn't simply show up to claim victory? Your appeal will not stick and you know why. The volunteers are all players too and every bit just as bored with you. They see you, whatever your name is."

jakerees
02-14-2018, 11:43 PM
"I understand it must be terribly embarrassing to have a forum-nub come along and strip your name with a single petition: the only petition they've ever written. We all understand the deflection and condescension. Isn't it strange that someone with such an elf-ego wouldn't simply show up to claim victory? Your appeal will not stick and you know why. The volunteers are all players too and every bit just as bored with you. They see you, whatever your name is."

What are you talking about?

Cambiant
02-14-2018, 11:57 PM
What are you talking about?

When Logan is wearing the white beater and X-24 is wearing the black tank in the noir version IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. You guys seen this? Also, Baler got his name changed.