PDA

View Full Version : Surname Removed?

Golla1988
02-10-2018, 02:10 AM
To whoever reported me or to the GM that decided it was their civic duty to have my surname removed, I hope you realize how much of a power tripping jerk you are. You're a horrible and rude person. I am extremely polite, generous and helpful to every person in this game. I constantly buff noobs, give free ports, and make people smile. The one thing I've asked in return for the 5 years I've had my character is to let me have my funny and only MAYBE MILDLY inappropriate. Is SMEAR really so SOOO horrible that it needs to be removed? I've got one damn thing on this game that I truly love and find unique because it makes others smile and laugh. Not once have I ever had some one complain about it.

At the very least, let me change it to something relatively the same. This is absolutely absurd and not necessary. Clearly a lot more people find it amusing and funny than people that don't like it. It's not a curse word, it's not an offensive word, it's literally just a medical procedure. CAN I PUHLEEASE HAVE MY DAMN NAME BACK?

Golla1988
02-10-2018, 02:15 AM
ARE YOU SERIOUS? NOW MY ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED? WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?

Baler
02-10-2018, 02:18 AM
https://i.imgur.com/YpXoYVm.gif

Wfrench1234
02-10-2018, 02:19 AM
You came to the right place. My people will make some callls.

P99Druid
02-10-2018, 02:19 AM
I assumed they suspended you since you disappeared midconversation.

Golla1988
02-10-2018, 02:22 AM
Why in the.... I can't even COMPLAIN now?

Phenyo
02-10-2018, 02:37 AM
To whoever reported me or to the GM that decided it was their civic duty to have my surname removed, I hope you realize how much of a power tripping jerk you are. You're a horrible and rude person. I am extremely polite, generous and helpful to every person in this game. I constantly buff noobs, give free ports, and make people smile. The one thing I've asked in return for the 5 years I've had my character is to let me have my funny and only MAYBE MILDLY inappropriate. Is SMEAR really so SOOO horrible that it needs to be removed? I've got one damn thing on this game that I truly love and find unique because it makes others smile and laugh. Not once have I ever had some one complain about it.

At the very least, let me change it to something relatively the same. This is absolutely absurd and not necessary. Clearly a lot more people find it amusing and funny than people that don't like it. It's not a curse word, it's not an offensive word, it's literally just a medical procedure. CAN I PUHLEEASE HAVE MY DAMN NAME BACK?

GOTEM

skarlorn
02-10-2018, 02:38 AM
i was the one who petitioned. get REKT for ruining my immersion. enjoy !

Golla1988
02-10-2018, 02:39 AM
AND? Did I break the rules here?

Bboboo
02-10-2018, 02:40 AM
Wouldn't happen on red mate, give it a try.

Golla1988
02-10-2018, 02:41 AM
ruining what immersion? what did I do to you? seriously I try to be nice and fair to everyone

Golla1988
02-10-2018, 02:46 AM
At least have the decency to send an email or make a phone call to me to explain what is going on and/or why. This is just childish and very unprofessional how people are being treated right now. I've already talked to several people on an alt account about how they're dealing with more or less the same kind of absurdity.

beargryllz
02-10-2018, 02:51 AM
TLDR: p99 staff are sick of running this idiotic server and decided to ban all the guilds and all the players for inane shit until we all give up and then they don't have to babysit us anymore and we can all move on with our lives

P99Druid
02-10-2018, 02:53 AM
Post in the petition forum to ask why they suspended you exactly. But I'm almost positive its over what I told you in game.

Phenyo
02-10-2018, 02:53 AM
THE GREAT PURGE IS AT HAND. SINNERS REPENT

Computer Man
02-10-2018, 03:11 AM

https://i.imgur.com/HNoD3od.gif

Geomance22
02-10-2018, 03:16 AM
entire thread no mention of name, what a waste of time

punkbythebook12
02-10-2018, 03:28 AM
two of my toons names were changed. 2 years i had them, OH well. I petitioned to have a chosing of my liking and they responded pretty quickly.. Give it a try when you arent suspended bud

Canelek
02-10-2018, 03:29 AM
There are some pretty stupid names around. I am not excluding any of mine.

OPRAH-BAN EVERYONE!

Bboboo
02-10-2018, 03:35 AM
entire thread no mention of name, what a waste of time

Is SMEAR really so SOOO horrible that it needs to be removed?

mattydef
02-10-2018, 03:39 AM
His name was Papp Smear. He raged in game and put in /shout that whoever was responsible should kill themselves and pretty much got himself insta banned.

Phenyo
02-10-2018, 03:45 AM
His name was Papp Smear. He raged in game and put in /shout that whoever was responsible should kill themselves and pretty much got himself insta banned.

What an appropriate response, sounds like he should try red. YIKES.

Bboboo
02-10-2018, 03:45 AM
You saying there was more to this story than OPs raged induced flurry of typing told us?

You calling OP a liar?

Computer Man
02-10-2018, 03:49 AM
Thread of the month - February 2018

moss_snake_shadowknight
02-10-2018, 03:59 AM
One of mine got changed as well, this is some next level bullshit. Did they let Swish on the staff? Totally something he'd do.

Geomance22
02-10-2018, 04:15 AM
thats just a crass name OP, what a baby

Quinas
02-10-2018, 04:29 AM

/thread

Canelek
02-10-2018, 05:58 AM

That'll do it.

Mead
02-10-2018, 06:16 AM
I sometimes wonder if rnf will ever dry up

Shits like the clap

I hope op gets this hole mess sorted out

Pokesan
02-10-2018, 10:22 AM
hilarious needs a bump

Mytral
02-10-2018, 10:24 AM

How's that working out for you?

aMindAmok
02-10-2018, 10:31 AM
The namepocolyps is the best thing to happen to RnF ever. They should do this more often.

Baler
02-10-2018, 12:44 PM
hilarious needs a bump

Pokesan you da man! :)

fastboy21
02-10-2018, 12:55 PM
I am extremely polite, generous and helpful to every person in this game. I constantly buff noobs, give free ports, and make people smile.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA

The old "I make people smile" defense...gotta love it.

You sure are making me smile right now...lolz. :)

Baler
02-10-2018, 01:00 PM
HAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA

The old "I make people smile" defense...gotta love it.

You sure are making me smile right now...lolz. :)

https://i.imgur.com/EHATsTk.gif

Lhancelot
02-10-2018, 01:39 PM

That sucks you got banned from the game, bro. There is a bright side to everything though. You can now invest more time on your Forumquesting!

skarlorn
02-10-2018, 01:43 PM
Your surname didn't make me smile. That's why I petitioned the staff and got you removed.

Lulz~Sect
02-10-2018, 01:46 PM
thats just a crass name OP, what a baby

kotton05
02-10-2018, 01:50 PM

can you say GOTTIM!

putrid_plum
02-10-2018, 01:59 PM
OR you could just follow-the-rules, just saying ;)

Lhancelot
02-10-2018, 02:03 PM
I'm still seeing lots on names in violation. You petitioners need to get on the ball.

Golla1988
02-10-2018, 04:59 PM
I never told anyone to kill themselves but I did react badly to the situation. After a good night's sleep I've calmed down and decided to be rational about it. I'm not entirely sure why it upset me so much to have it removed but it just did. So I'd like to apologize to anyone that I upset last night in EC, WC and on these forums. It was a stupid, anger fueled decision that I made and I'll make sure to not react so inappropriately next time something like that happens.

And to all of the other people that are upset about their names being removed/changed, I feel your pain BIG TIME but please let my situation be an example of how not to complain and petition the problem.

Once again I'd like to apologize to you all, including the GM that removed my name and suspended my account. While I might not agree with your decisions, I will just bite my tongue and respect it. :(

skarlorn
02-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Nice job man. Your personal growth makes me even more proud of having turned you in to the gulag.

Golla1988
02-10-2018, 05:14 PM
yeah thanks

Baler
02-10-2018, 05:18 PM
I hope you realize how much of a power tripping jerk you are. You're a horrible and rude person. I am extremely polite

aMindAmok
02-10-2018, 05:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4M5zeWB.gif (https://imgur.com/4M5zeWB)

Golla1988
02-10-2018, 05:44 PM
Yes I understand. I'm usually very nice to people unless they do mean things to me and I saw that as mean, but as I've said before. I apologize to everyone for my behavior last night.

Golla1988
02-10-2018, 06:22 PM
Lmao Rivera:p

skarlorn
02-10-2018, 06:32 PM
golla is a true sweet heart; tell us your new surname dear

Phenyo
02-10-2018, 06:33 PM
golla is a true sweet heart; tell us your new surname dear

hes banned

LOL

Golla1988
02-10-2018, 06:45 PM
I'm honestly not sure. Perhaps something that is more halfling sounding? Maybe... Smearfoot? lololol

Golla1988
02-10-2018, 06:50 PM
Phenyo I'm pretty sure I'm just suspended for a few days. I'll accept the punishment though. Having my account permanently banned however would seem pretty extreme. I really REALLY hope that's not the case. That would be crazy depressing. I've put a lot of time into that character and to lose it over something like that... ugh I don't even want to think about it

Lulz~Sect
02-10-2018, 07:08 PM
move to resolved

Pokesan
02-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Phenyo I'm pretty sure I'm just suspended for a few days. I'll accept the punishment though. Having my account permanently banned however would seem pretty extreme. I really REALLY hope that's not the case. That would be crazy depressing. I've put a lot of time into that character and to lose it over something like that... ugh I don't even want to think about it

you should be fine. it'll either be a week or a month, but staff tend toward mercy for nerdrage incidents.

skarlorn
02-10-2018, 07:15 PM
I can imagine a hobbit named Papp. Papp Poggles. Papp Hillbelly.

Golla1988
02-10-2018, 07:23 PM
Haha Rivera not anymore. At one point though I did have a shaman named Chlamydia. That one only lasted a couple weeks. Now it's been changed to Amoebiasis.

Lhancelot
02-10-2018, 07:26 PM
Haha Rivera not anymore. At one point though I did have a shaman named Chlamydia. That one only lasted a couple weeks. Now it's been changed to Amoebiasis.

You have a penchant for making awful names. :D

mattydef
02-10-2018, 08:34 PM
I was wrong, you didn't tell the gm to kill himself, it was "I hope you choke and die" or something along those lines. I'm glad to see you at least realize you did something wrong and are ready to deal with whatever punishment was given. I wish you the best.

Lemonhead
02-12-2018, 07:56 AM
It's cause you didn't use the gloves.

Spyder73
02-12-2018, 11:49 AM
Pretty pathetic losing your sh!t like this over a surname. Seek mental help OP.

Troxx
02-12-2018, 12:11 PM
I never told anyone to kill themselves but I did react badly to the situation. After a good night's sleep I've calmed down and decided to be rational about it. I'm not entirely sure why it upset me so much to have it removed but it just did. So I'd like to apologize to anyone that I upset last night in EC, WC and on these forums. It was a stupid, anger fueled decision that I made and I'll make sure to not react so inappropriately next time something like that happens.

And to all of the other people that are upset about their names being removed/changed, I feel your pain BIG TIME but please let my situation be an example of how not to complain and petition the problem.

Once again I'd like to apologize to you all, including the GM that removed my name and suspended my account. While I might not agree with your decisions, I will just bite my tongue and respect it. :(

God bless when people own up to the mistakes they make. If that post is legit, I'm impressed that you didn't double down like most clowns do.

d3r14k
02-12-2018, 12:58 PM
God bless when people own up to the mistakes they make. If that post is legit, I'm impressed that you didn't double down like most clowns do.

Quoted for truth.

Respect to Golla1988 / Papp for the apology. You've done what 90% of the cucks in this sub-forum are unable to do.

Spyder73
02-13-2018, 11:19 AM
Pretty pathetic losing your sh!t like this over a surname. Seek mental help OP.

This was supposed to be ironic given my past meltdowns.... :confused::mad::(

I would also like to reiterate how much I hated your surname OP, it was crass/gross and I don't think it made anyone smile besides you.

WELCOME TO SURNAME HELL, I HAVE BEEN KEEPING THE FIRE WARM FOR YA

Expediency
02-13-2018, 12:00 PM
Good news, Mr Smear, is that if they unban you, you will have a brand new name and your reputational currency will be reset to zero. Anyone you wronged or righted will no longer know you.

All of you cheering the name changes need to keep this in mind as you're doing it. Do you really want major raid leaders having brand new names? Many of you are very short sighted and I look forward to the inevitable RnF threads several months from now where it is revealed that XXXX used to be the notorious character YYYY and all the arguing about how we can or can not be certain. Good times are on the horizon.

skarlorn
02-13-2018, 12:25 PM
I liked your joke Spyder seeketh helpeth

Golla1988
02-14-2018, 05:25 PM
This was supposed to be ironic given my past meltdowns.... :confused::mad::(

I would also like to reiterate how much I hated your surname OP, it was crass/gross and I don't think it made anyone smile besides you.

WELCOME TO SURNAME HELL, I HAVE BEEN KEEPING THE FIRE WARM FOR YA

Multiple people told me daily how much they loved my name. I got upset because I've literally never received a single complaint and I've had it for a very long time, but my behavior was pretty irrational though I'll own up to that.

And Vorhees a response to "There's a difference between being sorry and being sorry you got caught. ". It was both ;)

Pokesan
02-14-2018, 05:38 PM
Good news, Mr Smear, is that if they unban you, you will have a brand new name and your reputational currency will be reset to zero. Anyone you wronged or righted will no longer know you.

All of you cheering the name changes need to keep this in mind as you're doing it. Do you really want major raid leaders having brand new names? Many of you are very short sighted and I look forward to the inevitable RnF threads several months from now where it is revealed that XXXX used to be the notorious character YYYY and all the arguing about how we can or can not be certain. Good times are on the horizon.

maybe instead of having longtime grudges you could try not being a bully? :cool:

skarlorn
02-14-2018, 05:46 PM
maybe instead of having longtime grudges you could try not being a bully? :cool:

Spyder73
02-14-2018, 06:00 PM
Multiple people told me daily how much they loved my name. I got upset because I've literally never received a single complaint and I've had it for a very long time, but my behavior was pretty irrational though I'll own up to that.

And Vorhees a response to "There's a difference between being sorry and being sorry you got caught. ". It was both ;)

There is no way people tell you they like your name, it's crude and gross and listening you blathering on about how it makes people smile is super creeper

Lulz~Sect
02-14-2018, 06:02 PM
LOUIS CUCK PLAYS EVERQUEST?!

Golla1988
02-15-2018, 11:05 PM
There is no way people tell you they like your name, it's crude and gross and listening you blathering on about how it makes people smile is super creeper

Are you even aware of what a Pap Smear is? And if so, would you consider growing a thicker skin? People really did tell me that all the time and they did because unlike you, many people here have a sense of humor and I'm guessing we're all adults here. I don't understand how it's creepy though

skarlorn
02-15-2018, 11:23 PM
Sounds like OP still doesn't understand what he did wrong.

indiscriminate_hater
02-16-2018, 12:11 AM
When I first saw OP's name I chuckled sensibly, but now I realize that I was just traumatized and didn't have the capacity to say how much it affected me. This justice was a long time coming for OP, I just hope we can expose more of these psychological predators.

Golla1988
02-16-2018, 06:40 PM
When I first saw OP's name I chuckled sensibly, but now I realize that I was just traumatized and didn't have the capacity to say how much it affected me. This justice was a long time coming for OP, I just hope we can expose more of these psychological predators.

This actually made me laugh really good, for one thing I was immediately reminded of 'sensible chuckle.gif' and then... yeah its just funny, good job mate.

And Spyder73, I'll admit that you're right, it's gross and i'm sure you have a sense of humor too, but just not the type of sense of humor I have. I guess saying that you need a thicker skin might not be accurate. I'm sure you probably aren't terribly shocked and mortified by my name. I have a tendency to be kind of an edgy edgelord sometimes so I'm sorry for that lol. I'll try to make a somewhat normal name this time around kk?

Golla1988
02-16-2018, 06:41 PM
i believe it's a "cunt scraping", as it were.

gross dude

Hahaha omg that really is quite the image producing words

Spyder73
02-16-2018, 06:45 PM
And Spyder73, I'll admit that you're right, it's gross and i'm sure you have a sense of humor too, but just not the type of sense of humor I have. I guess saying that you need a thicker skin might not be accurate. I'm sure you probably aren't terribly shocked and mortified by my name. I have a tendency to be kind of an edgy edgelord sometimes so I'm sorry for that lol. I'll try to make a somewhat normal name this time around kk?

My skin is just fine thank you. Not sure what knid of scum lord you are in real life but joking about the things you are joking about is simply not funny to me. You probably also think retardation and racism are funny. If that's your sense of humor then you are a flawed individual

maskedmelon
02-16-2018, 06:50 PM
Papp smear not a edgy name. and it don't make no sense neither. i mean if you wanted to get laughs and fly under the radar, shoulda been more indirect. there's a certain deliciousness in subtlety. Papsy Mirizing

Golla1988
02-17-2018, 02:02 AM
My skin is just fine thank you. Not sure what knid of scum lord you are in real life but joking about the things you are joking about is simply not funny to me. You probably also think retardation and racism are funny. If that's your sense of humor then you are a flawed individual

Not trying to be sarcastic here but isn't retardation a politically incorrect word? and yes I find racism funny if the joke has taste and it's not meant to be hurtful

skarlorn
02-17-2018, 02:07 AM
KACHIGGA MY *****

Canelek
02-17-2018, 03:40 AM
Not trying to be sarcastic here but isn't retardation a politically incorrect word? and yes I find racism funny if the joke has taste and it's not meant to be hurtful

A tasteful racist joke...

Well, as long as you feel OK about it...

Ambrotos
02-18-2018, 03:40 AM
I approve of this ban. Ban him again.

Muggens
02-18-2018, 07:18 AM
Shouldve been Papa Smearf instead

aaezil
02-18-2018, 01:39 PM
Not sure what's more funny, getting banned for having the name Papp Smear, or crying about getting banned for it

Jimjam
02-18-2018, 02:25 PM
I'm rolling my next toon as Pappa Smearf