PDA

View Full Version : Decency shouldn't be optional

Hetjan
01-24-2018, 05:37 PM
I put this in RNF because I'm certain the topic will head that way.

As a note to players ... Having some common decency and mild courtesy and understanding doesn't need to be a tremendous effort. While the message is related to a a specific person last night I find myself prompted to remind people these are humans (mostly) at the keyboard on the other end of that simelf.

I (like humans) make mistakes. I own my mistakes. When someone tries to own their mistake, being a significant anus should be considered optional. Not only did I own my mistake I tried to correct it and was prevented from correcting it by the anus I am talking about. I apologized and tried to explain and was told, "You fucked up.". Yes I did fuck up and anus made it impossible to correct my fuck up. While trying to explain that, said anus acted even more anus like.

My summary point, calm down and try to be a little considerate?

Okay now that's all said I'm sure people have a lot of crappy things to say, /rant on ... I know I have presented an unrealistic unattainable server request but at least I feel better having done it.

Regards,

Spyder73
01-24-2018, 05:41 PM
So you ninja looted an item, got called out on it, and are now victim blaming the person you ninja looted? Seems pretty sh!tty of you IMO.

You also refer to humans like you are not one yourself [I (like humans) make mistakes]

Tupakk
01-24-2018, 05:45 PM
Name n Shame.

Spyder73
01-24-2018, 05:47 PM
What kind of drugs were you on OP? For the record.

Canelek
01-24-2018, 06:29 PM
Let's replace 'anus' with like dickbeat or shithands or something. Anus sounds weird in this application. Too clinical.

Go with shithands.

maskedmelon
01-24-2018, 06:34 PM
jerk works too, or "Highly Immersed Player," hip?

Nagoya
01-24-2018, 06:35 PM
it is somewhat cute of you to expect all players of a 2018 everquest '1999 classic' emulator to be sane and reasonable people though.

most people on this server, and even more so on the forum, have legit mental problems and/or addiction issues (mmos being the main one but not only) and are runing away from real life and 'real' people.

i think you should be very thankful for the many times you get actual decency and feel absolutely nothing of the times you don't.

good luck hetjan!
always remember there are two types of people; people with great results and people with great excuses.

Mead
01-24-2018, 06:41 PM

As a note to players ... Having some common decency and mild courtesy and understanding doesn't need to be a tremendous effort. While the message is related to a a specific person last night I find myself prompted to remind people these are humans (mostly) at the keyboard on the other end of that simelf.

I (like humans) make mistakes. I own my mistakes. When someone tries to own their mistake, being a significant anus should be considered optional. Not only did I own my mistake I tried to correct it and was prevented from correcting it by the anus I am talking about. I apologized and tried to explain and was told, "You fucked up.". Yes I did fuck up and anus made it impossible to correct my fuck up. While trying to explain that, said anus acted even more anus like.

Okay now that's all said I'm sure people have a lot of crappy things to say, /rant on ... I know I have presented an unrealistic unattainable server request but at least I feel better having done it.

Regards,

you did one thing right, posted the thread in the correct place

https://i.imgur.com/NrmgUb3.gif

this user was banned
01-24-2018, 06:46 PM
Fuck you, I told you my dick wouldn't fit up your ass but you forced me to try anyway! He wanted to blow me after to clean up the shit and blood but I was just so pissed I told him to fuck off and then he got angry because he's not even a good lay.

NegaStoat
01-24-2018, 06:46 PM
Experienced players have no patience with a player that is running a high level character that fucks up with something they should have learned back in the 20's or 30's stage of the game. Making a completely basic mistake comes down the person either being developmentally deficient, drunk, or on drugs, or some or all of those things.

If it was something you could 100% fix within the game with a time frame of 24 hours or less, then the guy you dealt with is a shithead. If it wasn't, refer to the above of what I typed and consider why a person should have to deal with your personal problems.

Sonderbeast
01-24-2018, 07:31 PM
Regards,

Look Regards,, I don't like you based on the fact that somehow you have a comma in your name. Take that anus elsewhere.

skarlorn
01-24-2018, 07:34 PM
I disagree with OP thread title at a fundamental level.

Without the existence of Anus, there can be no decency.

Learn the TAO you fucking MORON.

*white bitch smiles*

katrik
01-24-2018, 08:05 PM
are you new here, OP? lol

Cecily
01-24-2018, 08:25 PM
I disagree with OP thread title at a fundamental level.

Without the existence of Anus, there can be no decency.

Learn the TAO you fucking MORON.

*white bitch smiles*

"The sage does nothing and in doing nothing leaves nothing undone."

Always liked that one and try to incorporate it into my life as much as possible.

Cecily
01-24-2018, 08:35 PM
I bought a copy of that book awhile ago and haven't read it yet. Thank you for reminder, Filbus! Gonna get off internet, bike some, and ponder the meaning of the universe.

skarlorn
01-24-2018, 08:39 PM
glad you also resonate with that bit

*proceeds to shitpsot for days*

Cecily
01-24-2018, 08:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/GMh5zi2.png

Wfrench1234
01-24-2018, 08:47 PM
This thread sucks. Where are the details? The way it reads to me is someone wanted to roleplay a bottom and was rebuked repeatedly until OP had a meltdown and came to
RNF looking for respite. He found none.

Hetjan
01-24-2018, 09:56 PM
Well at least the thread went the direction I expected. hah

Some of the specifics ..

Enchanter, I went invis and went to grab my corpse. On the way back a 1 mob popped that sees invis and agroed me to the zone in where I was dragging my corpse. Didn't realize until I reached zone in.

I attempted to mez and then was going to drag down and memblur. But everytime I mezzed someone broke mez and caused havok.

Guy who kept breaking mez made a stink about training zone in. I apologized and took ownership for my f-up but tried to explain... Would love folks to read what is said and go .. oh I get it ... but just like here, making assumptions and a crap storm is the preferred method of dealing with something.

haha

mcoy
01-24-2018, 10:05 PM
Sounds like lower guk - I'd be happy to CR for ya.

-Mcoy

Sonderbeast
01-24-2018, 10:09 PM
Well at least the thread went the direction I expected. hah

Some of the specifics ..

Enchanter, I went invis and went to grab my corpse. On the way back a 1 mob popped that sees invis and agroed me to the zone in where I was dragging my corpse. Didn't realize until I reached zone in.

I attempted to mez and then was going to drag down and memblur. But everytime I mezzed someone broke mez and caused havok.

Guy who kept breaking mez made a stink about training zone in. I apologized and took ownership for my f-up but tried to explain... Would love folks to read what is said and go .. oh I get it ... but just like here, making assumptions and a crap storm is the preferred method of dealing with something.

haha

Get him!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Hetjan
01-24-2018, 10:10 PM
Thanks Mcoy ... really did come just to vent and this is the category for that for sure.

The situation was fully handled by the end of it, I just didn't think it needed to be a toxic event. I did think this thread would create a toxic response though.

Lhancelot
01-24-2018, 10:54 PM
There are some players on p99 that overreact to the smallest in game occurrences that disrupt their personal gaming experience. That's putting it nicely.

Just apologize, and don't respond if they send belligerent or asinine tells. Otherwise, it will go on for an hour and you will only end up extremely irritated.

Hetjan
01-24-2018, 10:58 PM
Yeah that is good advice Lhancelot. I should take that advice if it happens again.

Wfrench1234
01-24-2018, 11:03 PM
Thanks Mcoy ... really did come just to vent and this is the category for that for sure.

The situation was fully handled by the end of it, I just didn't think it needed to be a toxic event. I did think this thread would create a toxic response though.

Didn’t expect things to get toxic.

Posts directly in rants and flames, acknowledging the thread was going to head in that direction.

Surprised things got toxic.

I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I say “purple monkey dishwasher”

Hetjan
01-24-2018, 11:04 PM
I think you read incorrectly .. "Did think" not "didn't".

Hetjan
01-24-2018, 11:05 PM
I was referring to the in game when I said didn't.

Sonderbeast
01-24-2018, 11:07 PM
I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I say “purple monkey dishwasher”

Agreed

Lhancelot
01-24-2018, 11:11 PM
Yeah that is good advice Lhancelot. I should take that advice if it happens again.

I had a day where I got into a discussion with a guy that blew up on me in MM for over an hour. It was the biggest waste of time I think I have ever had with someone on a game.

After that day, I told myself no matter how retarded someone is, I will just be polite and short with them once I recognize they are an irrational idiot.

So far this has helped me avoid many in game arguments and saved me some mental health too. When you get into it with these types, you only end up feeling as dumb as they behave.

There are tons of helpful good players, but just as irl there are those individuals who are special. Just avoid exchanging tells with them, and you'll be fine.

Wfrench1234
01-25-2018, 12:39 AM
I don’t understand how everyone has so many problems with other players on this server I’ve been here for years and can count on one hand the amount of toxic situations I’ve found myself in.

Cecily
01-25-2018, 07:32 AM
Hang around RnF a bit.

punkbythebook12
01-25-2018, 10:30 AM
you monster !!!

Nah.. hetjan is a solid dude on this server, you just got on the wrong nerve or some dude in a bad mood. who cares bud. fuck em is what i say... u did right by owning up and apologizing. too bad they didnt let it go...

Tuljin
01-25-2018, 10:33 AM
it is somewhat cute of you to expect all players of a 2018 everquest '1999 classic' emulator to be sane and reasonable people though.

most people on this server, and even more so on the forum, have legit mental problems and/or addiction issues (mmos being the main one but not only) and are runing away from real life and 'real' people.

maskedmelon
01-25-2018, 10:49 AM
I don’t understand how everyone has so many problems with other players on this server I’ve been here for years and can count on one hand the amount of toxic situations I’ve found myself in.

i tend to agree with this. only ever encountered one complete anus and even he softened up after i booted him and addressed his hour long rant. there are plenty of abrasive folk though, so I can see it happening, especially if there nobody around to modulate the mood.

Raavak
01-25-2018, 11:27 AM
/ignore works wonders
ignorance is bliss

Spyder73
01-25-2018, 11:38 AM
You say "zone in" so to me that means most likely Seb or HS. I am going to guess you were corpse dragging in Seb and flooded the zone-in with mobs. Am II correct in my thinking OP?

Tenderizer
01-25-2018, 12:00 PM

Regards,

Nobody is entitled to decency or respect. Old world is dieing, the days of caring about others boasting their ego of importance or some social acceptance of respect elders or other dogma for "reasons" is just simply going to vanish.

Lhancelot
01-25-2018, 12:35 PM
Nobody is entitled to decency or respect. Old world is dieing, the days of caring about others boasting their ego of importance or some social acceptance of respect elders or other dogma for "reasons" is just simply going to vanish.

Nihilism is on the rise. :(

SiouxNation
01-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Nihilism is on the rise. :(

skarlorn
01-25-2018, 01:27 PM
Old world is dieing, the days of caring about others boasting their ego of importance or some social acceptance of respect elders or other dogma for "reasons" is just simply going to vanish.

holy shit this sentence is terrible to read.

Smurflogik
01-25-2018, 02:25 PM
hetjan is a solid dude on this server, you just got on the wrong nerve or some dude in a bad mood. who cares bud. fuck em is what i say... u did right by owning up and apologizing.

Lemonhead
01-25-2018, 02:46 PM
Old world is dieing, the days of caring about others boasting their ego of importance or some social acceptance of respect elders or other dogma for "reasons" is just simply going to vanish.

https://i.imgur.com/nBGsVPr.png?1

Idk, I found it inspirational.

skarlorn
01-25-2018, 02:51 PM
wha the fuck does it mean

Lemonhead
01-25-2018, 03:00 PM

Art it for the mind's eye to know, only when ready my young elder.

skarlorn
01-25-2018, 03:04 PM

Galadriel's Voice: The Old world is dying. The days of caring about others who boast their ego and flaunt self-importance OR some social acceptance of RESPEK ME ELDERS U WOT M8. "Reasons??" Gwan vanish, innit fam? Safe.

eyes implode as he tries to parse the Ancient Runes

Lemonhead
01-25-2018, 03:17 PM
Galadriel's Voice: The Old world is dying. The days of caring about others who boast their ego and flaunt self-importance OR some social acceptance of RESPEK ME ELDERS U WOT M8. "Reasons??" Gwan vanish, innit fam? Safe.

And seconds after the great elf speaks the words, the ground quakes. A great fissure forms. From the deep, a slithering shadow appears.

It speaks in ancient elvish: "The days of caring and respect are over. The ego flauntation social acceptance of elders and youngers alike vanish respek. Self reasons mean nothing. Decency IS NOW OPTIONAL!!!!" It screams in an unfathomable pitch....

Lemonhead
01-25-2018, 05:36 PM
And seconds after the great elf speaks the words, the ground quakes. A great fissure forms. From the deep, a slithering shadow appears.

It speaks in ancient elvish: "The days of caring and respect are over. The ego flauntation social acceptance of elders and youngers alike vanish respek. Self reasons mean nothing. Decency IS NOW OPTIONAL!!!!" It screams in an unfathomable pitch....

With the great scream and nonsensical words Galadriel's mind goes numb, his eyes go dark, his soul fades away......

There is a distant croak. A toe twitches. A mind shudders. Two eyes slowly open. Galadriel has awakened. But where is he?

The world is not with which he left. His vision not what it was. The world, it has lost it's definition. It almost blocky, as if it was created as an illusion, by some great wizard! But the colors, OH the colors, they are so vibrant. Mesmerized by it's simple beauty, Galadriel falls under it's spell. He feels almost resurrected, a child again, innocent, naked. He falls in Love like he has never before. He is transported to his childhood, free from worry, in a land of bliss. He rests under the spell...

Time unknown passes, Galadriel opens his eyes. In the distance, a frog man appears, just hoping along without a care in the world. The frog man cheerfully crossed a bridge. Holy shit, I must be in heaven, thinks Galadriel. As the frog approaches, it croaks in a low pitch growl "You have ruined my lands, Hetjan. Time to die!"

Galadriel thinks to himself, "Am I Hetj.." Before he can finish the thought, the frog man bashes him with a mace square in the face. It doesn't hurt that bad. The frog man then just stands there momentarily. The man who is was Galadriel must accept he is this "Hetjan." 6 seconds after the first assult, a second assult comes, this one with 2 blows in a matter of an instant.

The naked man, now named Hetjan, grabs his tatter cloths and runs through the nearest doorway. Soon, in the distance, An ELF! Hetjan yells, "Help!" As Hetjan approaches, the now great elf starts to glow blue. The blue propagates from all parts of the elf, rising right through the ceiling and crescendoing into a great bolt that smites the frog man dead in one great bolt.

Hetjan, amazed, says, "Thank You, Great Elf friend, what is your na.." And before he can finish, the elf begins to dissolve, the left over mist turning black as night. The mist swirls and grows larger, blacking out all of the dead end hallway. Hetjan's former life returns to his memory. He thinks to himself, "Not again."

Before he can finish, the black mass screeches out, "My name is Anus, and you shall know my Sphinctorial Wrath! I'm not very nice, and I'm going to say mean stuff to you!"

Hetjan says, "Ummmmmmmmmm...sorry? What's the big deal?"

Anus, clearly getting more and more puckered up screams, "Don't you remember me? You have brought this creature to my door one too many times. It is time for the Dogma for reasons to end. I will NOT be decent to YOU! EVER!"

Hetjan, confused, mumbles, "Wait, wha?" The darkness closes in yet again....

skarlorn
01-25-2018, 06:11 PM
galadriel was a girl.

maskedmelon
01-25-2018, 06:13 PM
maybe she still figuring that out. can take a while.

Hetjan
01-25-2018, 06:14 PM
Wow.

I concede.

Lemonhead
01-25-2018, 06:22 PM
Shit.

Fine, I'll start over...

maskedmelon
01-25-2018, 06:24 PM
*gives Hetjan a big hug and hands her a copy of esquire and box of tampons*

it a brave new world. go gettem girl (^。~)

aMindAmok
01-25-2018, 07:05 PM
*gives Hetjan a big hug and hands her a copy of esquire and box of tampons*

it a brave new world. go gettem girl (^。~)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
SAVAGE

*insert soft clapping and accepting nod here*

Lemonhead
01-25-2018, 07:13 PM
maybe she still figuring that out. can take a while.

Hetdriel awakens!

The world is a blur of many shades of blue. As Hetdriel's eyes and mind come to focus, the world becomes blockier than ever before. Nothing is recognizable. Words fly around, but have no meaning. The lines of gender are gone. Right and wrong, evil and good are blurred into one inescapable mass. Hetdriel becomes dizzy with angst. Hetdriel is in utter despair.

But wait! In the distance Hetdriel spots something familiar. Are those...wait, are they faces? Hetriel moves in closer, and closer, and closer. Hetriel squints her eyes, AND NOOOO! They are not friends! They are a tiny mockery of Hetriel's elfdom. They are only here to cause pain and evil. Hetriel tries to run, tries to hide, but Hetriel no longer knows what running is! No longer knows what hiding is! Hetriel is in a Nightmare of tiny mocking faces, swirling around! The dizziness over comes. The blackness fades in again.

Hetriel awakes. Oh no! That blue tint is back! But, this time it feels different. Hetriel feels like an old friend has arrived. And out of the blue a familiar voice says, "Decency shall not come to you today!" The world turns black. Hetriel quakes, it's ungendered form without the hormones to fight back. Hetriel is in despair, without hope. Time unknown passes.

Then, with time itself lost, a light shines out of the darkness. Slowly, words appear before Hetriel, sort of like how Starwars starts.

"The Old world is dying."
"The days of caring about others who boast their ego"
"and flaunt self-importance"
"OR some social acceptance of RESPEK ME ELDERS U WOT M8."
"Reasons??" Gwan vanish, innit fam?"
"Safe."

And with those last words, Hetriel ceases to exist. The darkness is consumed by the light. Hetriel transforms...NO Is born ANEW as Hetjan The Strong, pulsing with manjuice!

The tiny faces become weapons for Hetjan. He finds Anus and gives him one of these :mad: and then one of these :D And it's all over.

Anus is defeated. Anus shall never hurt any of us again. We are safe from Anus.

Decency Shall Never be Optional again.

Thank you, Hetjan.

Lhancelot
01-25-2018, 07:52 PM
galadriel was a girl.

That's not for you to decide.

Pokesan
01-25-2018, 08:19 PM
That's not for you to decide.

Children Celebrían

Lemonhead
01-25-2018, 09:32 PM

This new genderless world Tenderizer has created here has me very confused.

I'm confused.

Champion_Standing
01-25-2018, 10:16 PM
You can't make this stuff up. This is pure gold.

TBH you probably could make this up

Lhancelot
01-26-2018, 02:27 AM

Cecily, why did you post a pic of a girl flashing a gang sign? :confused:

Cecily
01-26-2018, 06:37 AM
Cecily, why did you post a pic of a girl flashing a gang sign? :confused:

I posted boobs with funny words on them. What she does with her hands is up to her.

Lemonhead
01-26-2018, 07:59 AM

What's that below her butt? Is someone under there tryin somethin and she's flashing the sign for help?

Tenderizer
01-26-2018, 08:13 AM

Thanks for clarifying its been a rough last couple of days

Jimjam
01-27-2018, 02:15 AM
What's that below her butt? Is someone under there tryin somethin and she's flashing the sign for help?

You never punched your hand into your stomach pouch so hard it came out your butt?

Lhancelot
01-27-2018, 03:48 AM
I posted boobs with funny words on them. What she does with her hands is up to her.

Fair enough.

Supposedly some people during ancient biblical times lived much longer than modern day humans. Rumor is they were part alien thus had longer lifespans.

Also our ancient lore of gods came from these same beings and their fathers.

SiouxNation
01-27-2018, 03:54 AM
Fair enough.

Supposedly some people during ancient biblical times lived much longer than modern day humans. Rumor is they were part alien thus had longer lifespans.

Also our ancient lore of gods came from these same beings and their fathers.

There is a theory about the old ages cited in Genesis that these numbers are symbolic and not as simple as their numerical value. Certain numbers had special meaning.

Lemonhead
01-27-2018, 04:58 AM
You never punched your hand into your stomach pouch so hard it came out your butt?

Always wondered what that little hole was for.

mcoy
01-27-2018, 06:01 PM

It took me a while to realize it's her left foot. Looks uncomfortable but /shrug.

-Mcoy