PDA

View Full Version : Don't let a dark past ruin a bright future

Lammy
01-18-2018, 04:19 PM
Recently I’ve had to come to terms that my current guild (who I won’t mention) is just not allowed to be as active as I’d like.

I want to do something better with my time. I'd want to try raiding again. I know both Aftermath and Awakened are the most active but I realized that I don't really know much about them or their leadership other than that. I'm in it for the long haul and want to make the best decision when applying.

What are some Pros or Cons of each that I should take into consideration?

Cecily
01-18-2018, 04:27 PM
It's hard to get honest feedback on this because your either getting opinions from current or ex-for-a-reason-members. Both groups are biased. Out of respect for both guilds, I'm not going to share my thoughts.

Lhancelot
01-18-2018, 04:33 PM
Think you going to just have to try them and see for yourself.

I have no dog in the race, but have an acquaintance and an actual decent pal in AW, neither have ever had one complaint regarding the guild whenever I have talked to them.

hyejin
01-18-2018, 04:44 PM
I want to do something better with my time. I'd want to try raiding again.

you're a low hanging fruit :(

Pokesan
01-18-2018, 04:51 PM
TLDR - Aftermath is better by a large margin in just about every conceivable way

do they have pizza partys?

maskedmelon
01-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Aftermath has Aikons, who is fucking fantastic. He takes the time to explain how/why to do things, is super positive and highly competent with his own characters. Never seen a better officer/leader.

AM is also highly independent, which is nice because it confers an ample measure of freedom. That can make it rough if you don't know wtf you are doing, but there are lots of people to answer any questions you have.

Awakened is liek aftermath's evil twin from opposite land. lotta good people there too, but recently many have defected to Team Good Guy's.

If you all AM, I'll give you a net (^。~)v

skarlorn
01-18-2018, 05:09 PM
i had a brief period of high playtime last summer and wanted to do some velious raiding. I joined Aftermath because they have a cooler name. I was in the guild for a few weeks before quitting due to my personal circumstance improving and no longer being sedated enough to enjoy EQ raiding.

There are a lot of really fun people to play EQ with in Aftermath. As a warrior, raid guilds can be really autistic about their tank power dynamics. BDA was really awful about that. So I was very very pleased to find out how welcoming and inclusive the warrior crew of Aftermath was, particularly Wooliez and Aikons, and Detoxx as well when he was around.

People were quick to give me useful advice and I legitimately enjoyed most of the guild banter during raids and idle chatter.

Yes, there were 5-10% fully autistic pixel addicted retards who got upset when I teased them, but I promise you will find that in any guild.

On the topic of leadership, Detoxx probably only was at 20% of the raids. He has done a good job giving power to ppl who can run shit so he's not around all the time.

Recently, I have heard forum rumors that the once admirable Erati of Awakened has turned into a true pixellord scumbag and is no longer the cool, normal pal we once knew. Likewise, Awakened has Henrique, and it's a lot more fun to trigger him by being part of AM than to read his posts as part of Awakened.

If I raided again, I'd go back to AM. Fortunately, I am past that stage of my life :-)

Now i'm just addicted to Post Quick Reply

Cecily
01-18-2018, 05:15 PM
It's hard to get honest feedback on this because your either getting opinions from current or ex-for-a-reason-members. Both groups are biased. Out of respect for both guilds, I'm not going to share my thoughts.

That sounds negative. What I will say is there's plenty of positives to either guild. I had fun in both of them and I honestly don't think there's a bad choice between the two. It's a matter of where your friends are and how you get along with the people. You can't know until you try them out.

Chubbler
01-18-2018, 05:31 PM
If I raided again, I'd go back to AM. Fortunately, I am past that stage of my life :-)

I recall you quitting many times and coming back just as many times. Somehow I doubt you’re passed that stage in your life filbus. Lie to yourself but don’t lie to the community.

bhs13501
01-18-2018, 05:32 PM
suspicious honest question hehe

apples and oranges. AM has alot more members and has been doing really well lately. AW has much stricter app process, with fewer members. so theres gonna be pros and cons to each. ask people in game if your legitimately curious not forum people that either dont raid, or burnt their bridges to either one

Pokesan
01-18-2018, 05:35 PM
suspicious honest question hehe

apples and oranges. AM has alot more members and has been doing really well lately. AW has much stricter app process, with fewer members. so theres gonna be pros and cons to each. ask people in game if your legitimately curious not forum people that either dont raid, or burnt their bridges to either one

'apping' should not be a thing in TYOOL 2018

skarlorn
01-18-2018, 05:37 PM
I recall you quitting many times and coming back just as many times. Somehow I doubt you’re passed that stage in your life filbus. Lie to yourself but don’t lie to the community.

every time i have quit i come back less and less.

now i can log in for an hour, once a month, tops. There's nothing left for me in Norrath old pal

Cecily
01-18-2018, 05:41 PM
I had fun playing with your perma death druid until we got you killed. Between that and you mugging Wyntir for a port on your rogue, and the raid on Neriak... some of my favorite memories on the server. Sucks we're losing you more and more but you do you, girlfriend.

Baler
01-18-2018, 05:42 PM
only apply to aftermath or awakened if you're an idiot who wants to think they're important and valued. Otherwise there are tons of other great guild options!

Sonderbeast
01-18-2018, 07:21 PM
A/A are obviously top dogs. Last month while they were on suspension however, I was very impressed by Paradigm Shift. I vowed to never join a loot council guild after BDA, but from what I've heard about them, a lot of their members are happy with the leadership and are very active raiding. At least consider it before throwing your chips in for am or aw, that's my suggestion.

Sonderbeast
01-18-2018, 07:50 PM
I've recently seen some dkp shenanigans happen in some casual alliances that turned me off to that method too. Casual guilds tend to be more relaxed about things and for a method that requires a lot of attention to details, you need some dedicated leadership for it to worm.

Tenderizer
01-18-2018, 08:01 PM
Recently I’ve had to come to terms that my current guild (who I won’t mention) is just not allowed to be as active as I’d like.

I want to do something better with my time. I'd want to try raiding again. I know both Aftermath and Awakened are the most active but I realized that I don't really know much about them or their leadership other than that. I'm in it for the long haul and want to make the best decision when applying.

good knowledegable people in both guilds, really comes down to which personalities you want to raid with. don't let all the biased opinions influence your own and no shame in guild hoping to find a good fit. Do what your heart tells you.

nilzark
01-18-2018, 08:03 PM

Djones
01-18-2018, 08:47 PM
LIFTING HEAVY OBJECTS HAS TAKEN MUCH MORE PRIORITY THAN PUSHING A MOUSE AROUND.

ITS TIME YOU MOVE TO CANADA KERBEY AND TOGETHER WE WILL GROW TEAM ALBERTA INTO SOMETHING GREATER THAN IT ONCE WAS. THEN INSTEAD OF "RAIDING" WE WILL BUY THE PIXELS WE REQUIRE. WHILE DRINKING WHISKEY/TEQUILA/GIN/VODKA/ AND BEER.

TIME TO GET AS HIGH AS A GIRAFFE PUSSY AND COME TO CANADA.

skarlorn
01-18-2018, 09:16 PM
so djones u back on the hooch bud?

come to portland lets lift

then OT hammers for 10k a pop

Detoxx
01-18-2018, 09:16 PM
i had a brief period of high playtime last summer and wanted to do some velious raiding. I joined Aftermath because they have a cooler name. I was in the guild for a few weeks before quitting due to my personal circumstance improving and no longer being sedated enough to enjoy EQ raiding.

There are a lot of really fun people to play EQ with in Aftermath. As a warrior, raid guilds can be really autistic about their tank power dynamics. BDA was really awful about that. So I was very very pleased to find out how welcoming and inclusive the warrior crew of Aftermath was, particularly Wooliez and Aikons, and Detoxx as well when he was around.

People were quick to give me useful advice and I legitimately enjoyed most of the guild banter during raids and idle chatter.

Yes, there were 5-10% fully autistic pixel addicted retards who got upset when I teased them, but I promise you will find that in any guild.

On the topic of leadership, Detoxx probably only was at 20% of the raids. He has done a good job giving power to ppl who can run shit so he's not around all the time.

Recently, I have heard forum rumors that the once admirable Erati of Awakened has turned into a true pixellord scumbag and is no longer the cool, normal pal we once knew. Likewise, Awakened has Henrique, and it's a lot more fun to trigger him by being part of AM than to read his posts as part of Awakened.

Thats not fair!

https://imgur.com/f3Lvjn0

Been around 50% for a long time, cant play like I used to!

In all seriousness though, both guilds are almost identical policy wise and want to achieve the same goal.

Argh
01-18-2018, 09:51 PM
Consider how retarded Taken was.

Wfrench1234
01-18-2018, 09:56 PM
A/A are obviously top dogs. Last month while they were on suspension however, I was very impressed by Paradigm Shift. I vowed to never join a loot council guild after BDA, but from what I've heard about them, a lot of their members are happy with the leadership and are very active raiding. At least consider it before throwing your chips in for am or aw, that's my suggestion.

Thanks for the shout out! I may be biased but I’d give a +1 for PS. We are quite active; we have something going on nearly every night, all our players are adults (although I act like an idiot to keep things fresh) , and our players know how to play the game and their classes. It really is refreshing to do raids in a low pressure, have fun but get stuff done atmosphere. It’s really the only kind of guild environment that would keep me logging in. /who all paradigm if you’re curious at all. Can talk to me or anyone else.

Wfrench1234
01-18-2018, 10:00 PM
Also since this is rants and flames may I just add that everyone on this
Thread has a significant other, mother or sister whose lady parts resemble the end result of a hand grenade going off inside a pastrami sandwich.

Mead
01-18-2018, 10:06 PM
Also since this is rants and flames may I just add that everyone on this
Thread has a significant other, mother or sister whose lady parts resemble the end result of a hand grenade going off inside a pastrami sandwich.

woulda been more cooler if you said P.S.

Wfrench1234
01-18-2018, 10:46 PM
woulda been more cooler if you said P.S.

I am not too proud to acknowledge that this is sold advice and I embrace the constructive criticism. I am always looking for opportunities to be better even if they are in the darkest corners of a lizard murder simulator forum.

mefdinkins
01-19-2018, 02:33 AM
Both A/A have very similar loot policies/DKP system.

I think Aftermath gives you a little more flexibility in gearing out alts, Awakened gives a little more protection to mains looking for best in slot items. Not sure though, both guilds are constantly reviewing and revising their policies.

mefdinkins
01-19-2018, 02:38 AM
Also watchu mean by "Don't let a dark past ruin a bright future"!?!?

Mead
01-19-2018, 02:43 AM
Also watchu mean by "Don't let a dark past ruin a bright future"!?!?

Yea, his future isn't very bright if his next career path is AM or AW

khanable
01-19-2018, 09:15 AM
Consider how retarded Taken was.

Lhancelot
01-19-2018, 09:51 AM

If you are speaking of RL sure you may be right. However, if you speaking from the point of view of a true neckbeard on p99 his title is 100% applicable.

RL only gets in the way of true neckbeard happiness.

Erati
01-19-2018, 10:46 AM
Recently, I have heard forum rumors that the once admirable Erati of Awakened has turned into a true pixellord scumbag and is no longer the cool, normal pal we once knew.

I am shocked by this revelation, when was I admirable?

mefdinkins
01-19-2018, 11:28 AM
I am shocked by this revelation, when was I admirable?

wood elf? sorry tani ain't gonna get a lot of street cred from the mean streets of rivervale where Filbus and I were born and raised

Nexii
01-19-2018, 11:44 AM

I think it was a joke that went over your head

Ella`Ella
01-19-2018, 12:52 PM
The bar is lower at Aftermath and we are better for it. Everything extra, as it turns out, is unnecessary and detrimental.

The only context I've ever heard the term "Setting the bar lower" used to as a positive...

Ella`Ella
01-19-2018, 12:52 PM
The only context I've ever heard the term "Setting the bar lower" used to as a positive...

Used as*

grammar is hard.

Comoc1
01-19-2018, 12:54 PM
The bar is neither low nor high. It has been set exactly where we want it to be in order to recruit players that fit our play style and values.

thiz1234
01-19-2018, 01:59 PM
LIFTING HEAVY OBJECTS HAS TAKEN MUCH MORE PRIORITY THAN PUSHING A MOUSE AROUND.

ITS TIME YOU MOVE TO CANADA KERBEY AND TOGETHER WE WILL GROW TEAM ALBERTA INTO SOMETHING GREATER THAN IT ONCE WAS. THEN INSTEAD OF "RAIDING" WE WILL BUY THE PIXELS WE REQUIRE. WHILE DRINKING WHISKEY/TEQUILA/GIN/VODKA/ AND BEER.

TIME TO GET AS HIGH AS A GIRAFFE PUSSY AND COME TO CANADA.

Sign me up!

Lhancelot
01-19-2018, 02:36 PM
Sign me up!

I have fond memories of Djones, if it's the same one I recall. Was a wood elf druid female back then!

I remember running into him sometimes when I was playing Rillifane my half elf druid at Permafrost. We both were druids and would go there to farm stuffs, similar level and all. We talked semi-frequently about druidly things, things other classes know nothing about.

then I took long break and came back... To see he had a guild tag of <Rustle>. I was happy to see he moved up from being a common peasant as I was, to somewhat royalty! Kind of like seeing an old pal from the ghetto finding a position in congress! Made me proud, just to know someone FINALLY made it!

Skew
01-19-2018, 03:44 PM

We are just keeping pace with the millenial generation and society as a whole bro.
Cant beat em join.
If you find yourself getting upset that your local barista didnt capitalize your name in his spunk riddled foam on top of your mocha skinny decaf chai tea then app today.
If youre a well balanced , high T shit stomping self sustainable mother fucker , then also app today.

maskedmelon
01-19-2018, 03:49 PM
We are just keeping pace with the millenial generation and society as a whole bro.
Cant beat em join.
If you find yourself getting upset that your local barista didnt capitalize your name in his spunk riddled foam on top of your mocha skinny decaf chai tea then app today.
If youre a well balanced , high T shit stomping self sustainable mother fucker , then also app today.

that's pretty well put. AM just about winning merbs. long as you ain't a GIANT douche, COMPLETE retard or otherwise insufferable, you welcome to contribute to the hunt ^^

Mead
01-19-2018, 04:35 PM
I think it was a joke that went over your head

:)

Lammy
01-19-2018, 05:08 PM
All good info guys. I appreciate most of it. Definitly a lot of things to consider. Paradigm Shift did originally sound interesting but I havent heard anyone ever say anything positive about loot council except darkdeath in the past. Sounds like most of you prefer Aftermath. Does anyone know if they still do easier things like Velketor and Ringwars?

Skew
01-19-2018, 06:04 PM
you could maybe send one of your dozen or so ex guildies in game a tell and theyll let you know. As long as you have gotten over batphones before 10am or worked out how to use twitter alerts to prevent those dark days of repops youll fit right in.
AM are pretty good at RWs when sports isnt on the teevee. I dont know who Velketor is (should paid up for those bro)

Nexii
01-19-2018, 06:32 PM
All good info guys. I appreciate most of it. Definitly a lot of things to consider. Paradigm Shift did originally sound interesting but I havent heard anyone ever say anything positive about loot council except darkdeath in the past. Sounds like most of you prefer Aftermath. Does anyone know if they still do easier things like Velketor and Ringwars?

AM does more Ring Wars lately than any other guild. Velketor maybe twice a month or so and is a non-DKP raid.

Lammy
01-19-2018, 08:01 PM
batphones before 10am or worked out how to use twitter alerts to prevent those dark days of repops youll fit right in.

Sounding good. No issues here, you can always silence your alerts

Skew
01-20-2018, 04:47 AM
The only question is whys it taken you so long. Hope the house went to plan. See you in /gu soon!

Cecily
01-20-2018, 10:14 AM
The only question is whys it taken you so long. Hope the house went to plan. See you in /gu soon!

Most questions have an answer. My question is why are you pretending to be so nice and cheery?

RedXIII
01-20-2018, 10:41 AM
@Lammy, sorry i just saw this post.

Well, 90% of the people who posts here is aftermeth. Awakened ppl hardly come here, its maybe 4-5 of us so yeah, you gonna get more aftermeth fans in here(wich i belive its a win for Awakened).

Try pick a guild that you have friends in it. If both have friends and pixels interest you, try chose the one with best loot system for your needs. Awakened protect a lot items to make it stay Main Only, like lets say Avatar of War monk pants. Afaik aftermeth has more of a free loot system, allowing alts to get those items.

For me, that am old in the server and only missing Vulak gear, Aftermeth lootsystem would fit the best because while wait for Vulak stuff i could still get some BiS item for my 13th alt. If i was a new player focusing only gearing one or two toons, id say Awakened would be better because since most items are protected, the dkp bids are lower for those items, less ppl bidding/needing it, if open to alts a lot more ppl could get it.

Both guilds kill all the good loot mobs. Sometimes one get more mobs, then the other and etc. The whole #1 bantering is more of a fun trash talk then anything.

Hope it helped. Btw, i am shocked that PS loot concil system... Otherwise it would for sure be a good candidate in my eyes.

beargryllz
01-20-2018, 10:49 AM
There is absolutely no reason you can't apply to a guild to get a feel for it

It's not fucking marriage. A guild isn't going to take half your gear if you decide it isn't working out

Phenyo
01-20-2018, 11:10 AM
@Lammy, sorry i just saw this post.

Well, 90% of the people who posts here is aftermeth. Awakened ppl hardly come here, its maybe 4-5 of us so yeah, you gonna get more aftermeth fans in here(wich i belive its a win for Awakened).

Try pick a guild that you have friends in it. If both have friends and pixels interest you, try chose the one with best loot system for your needs. Awakened protect a lot items to make it stay Main Only, like lets say Avatar of War monk pants. Afaik aftermeth has more of a free loot system, allowing alts to get those items.

For me, that am old in the server and only missing Vulak gear, Aftermeth lootsystem would fit the best because while wait for Vulak stuff i could still get some BiS item for my 13th alt. If i was a new player focusing only gearing one or two toons, id say Awakened would be better because since most items are protected, the dkp bids are lower for those items, less ppl bidding/needing it, if open to alts a lot more ppl could get it.

Both guilds kill all the good loot mobs. Sometimes one get more mobs, then the other and etc. The whole #1 bantering is more of a fun trash talk then anything.

Hope it helped. Btw, i am shocked that PS loot concil system... Otherwise it would for sure be a good candidate in my eyes.

This guy represents awakened. Let that sink in.

kotton05
01-20-2018, 11:23 AM
Better off in kittens

Phenyo
01-20-2018, 11:24 AM
Better off in kittens

Cecily
01-20-2018, 11:25 AM
He's being pretty nice in that post. I'm sure Henrique is pretty cool when your not on the receiving end of his rabid frothy RnF spittle.

Phenyo
01-20-2018, 11:25 AM
Kittens is #1 on the box after our vulak

Lhancelot
01-20-2018, 11:48 AM
Spacepope and The Kittens are coming for your dragons.

Rang
01-20-2018, 12:35 PM
Detoxx is pretty much spot on here.

Both A/A have very similar loot policies/DKP system.

Loot/mobs go about 50/50 to each give or take a bit each week.

Recently Aftermath has had a raid size 10-30% larger than Awakened so that could be a pro or a con depending on how you see it and the raiding style you like.

As others have said it rly comes down to the people and who you want to interact with. OP was in Rustle (I think?) tho so not sure why you did not get gobbled up with the rest of the Rustle crew.

You can play with super cool and normal people in Awakened though. Lets all take a moment to look back at some of Teija's best in-game moments

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246016

Yeah pretty much this. You are already being talked down to by one of the most cool and normal members of Awakened for even asking about applying. Just take a look at necros link and Teija post history and you can see for yourself. Unless you have a heavy case of pixel pox, an elitist attitude, and asbergers, then awakened would be a good fit for you.

Skew
01-20-2018, 01:32 PM
Most questions have an answer. My question is why are you pretending to be so nice and cheery?

Im sorry you're guildless again Cecily. I for one shall be keeping an open mind on your re-app process.

khanable
01-20-2018, 01:39 PM
There is absolutely no reason you can't apply to a guild to get a feel for it

It's not fucking marriage. A guild isn't going to take half your gear if you decide it isn't working out

but bda

Cecily
01-20-2018, 07:18 PM
Im sorry you're guildless again Cecily. I for one shall be keeping an open mind on your re-app process.

Are you, figure it wouldn't make a difference to you one way or the other.

Djones
01-20-2018, 07:48 PM
Which guild would a casual player best fit in?

skarlorn
01-20-2018, 08:07 PM
but bda

Lmao dude high five

loramin
01-20-2018, 09:05 PM
Which guild would a casual player best fit in?

"Casual" means many things to many people. For some it doesn't mean raiding at all, just guildies hanging out and leveling together (AKA "family guilds"). On the other end of the spectrum one of the top guilds on the server, Awakened, has argued that they are actually a casual guild, because once you get accepted into their guild it they have very low (no?) playtime requirements.

In between the two you have Anonymous, the guild I'm in, and we too consider ourselves a "casual raid guild". We also don't pressure anyone to play, we don't require a time-intensive VP key, our regular raids are all during EST evening times when people who actually work for a living can play, etc. However, with the help of our alliance guild we've been taking down top tier targets like the Dain and Yelinak, so many people wouldn't consider us casual just because of that.

Really you need to define what you mean by casual for someone to give you a good answer.

sereal
01-20-2018, 10:49 PM
Why no mention of the legend that is The Mystic Order????

Hyperbole
01-20-2018, 10:52 PM
Why no mention of the legend that is The Mystic Order???? The only thing I remember about TMO is them being ran off the red server.

The freshest wounds are the most memorable.

Ravager
01-21-2018, 02:03 PM
The only thing I remember about TMO is them being ran off the red server.

The freshest wounds are the most memorable.
Zeelot's temper tantrum and disbandment after Rogean called out the guild for its shitty behavior was pretty great too.

Kaino
01-21-2018, 04:05 PM
tmo lol those shitter couldnt even break fear in classic

Halox
01-21-2018, 04:26 PM
Kittens is #1 on the box after our vulak

You guys got Vulak all by yourselves?

sereal
01-21-2018, 06:20 PM
tmo lol those shitter couldnt even break fear in classic

From what I remember they were running the show before velious dropped.

Lammy
01-21-2018, 09:43 PM
I remember the 15 lbs I gained in my time with TMO

fan D
01-21-2018, 09:58 PM
i remember joining TMO coz i thought they were good

holy shit they sucked, one guild leader quittin after the next. patching holes with Forceful Entry turdo's. It was alot like the Lannisters in season3. Everyone thinks we got mines of gold, but we really some dogshit creepers clinging on

Shinko
01-22-2018, 10:08 PM
all top tier guilds are the same

Achromatic
01-23-2018, 12:05 AM
Souls of Mischief is a good one if you're really into alcohol.

Atmas
01-23-2018, 12:20 AM
One has a name referencing their intentional ruining of part of the server and the other has a name referencing the others sh!t head move. That alone speaks volumes

TLDR - Aftermath is better by a large margin in just about every conceivable way

I don't want to really give a biased opinion but I will save this statement is pretty worthless. At this point after absorbing Rustle there are probably more players in Aftermath who were involved with Waking the Sleeper than in Awakened.