PDA

View Full Version : Just a bard telling a true story

Everlover
01-17-2018, 09:40 PM
So I'm in this guild right....Been in the guild for about 3 months, I stay quiet because I'm low level (40's) and I dedicate myself to observing their behaviors....

I finally decide to level up so that I can hang out with them.

The first day, we hit Kael plate house and various BP/Legs drop. The rule here was that it was greed because it can improve anyone's gaming experience (for lack of a better explanation). Totally cool, not too bad yet right? Okay!

The same weekend, the guild parks everyone in perma for Lady Vox to be taken down. Being a level 48 bard, this is good news because this is part of my epic quest.

I join discord, I communicate, I set up what is needed. The guild whipes 5 times before defeating Vox (For various miscalculations) and I stick it through being the only bard there. They link the loot and confirm a white scale dropped.

They ask if anyone needs it, I say that I need it in the guild chat and then on discord (mic). The scale is awarded to a bard that wasn't maining a bard at the raid (No clue where he showed up from) and that was that.

Guess who this guild is?

Here is a hint, their name stands for the following :

"regard with great respect; revere."

Be careful!

hyejin
01-17-2018, 09:49 PM

I'm not able to solve this riddle and I find that I just don't have problems like the ones you describe here. I think the truest most efficacious balm for this injury is somewhere in that. Hope this helps and God bless you.

citizen1080
01-17-2018, 09:51 PM
You expect better from Hyjal's guild lol?

indiscriminate_hater
01-17-2018, 10:02 PM
lol @ a brand new "raiding" level 48 bard expecting a 350k item to be awarded by a guild

Baler
01-17-2018, 10:03 PM
You expect better from Hyjal's guild lol?
this, dude showed how unstable he is on the forums.

skarlorn
01-17-2018, 10:06 PM
Welcome to raiding on p99, I am sorry to say. Your best bet is to join a DKP guild where politics can't turn you into a cuck quite so much

Lammy
01-17-2018, 10:09 PM
Problem here is people covet pixels like they are real and important. You're both lame for caring so much what happens to whitescale800500. Did you have fun raiding? Will there be a whitescale8005001? I'd be more pissed that you joined a guild that wipes 5 times on lady vox.

Synthlol
01-17-2018, 10:13 PM
I'm sorry that nobody made you aware that your guild is led by the most persistent failure in the server's history.

Take the advice of someone who also made the mistake of teaming up with Acarer when first starting on this server - leave now and don't look back.

Synthlol
01-17-2018, 10:17 PM
I also was unfortunate enough to join up with Acarer when I first started on p99. I'm sorry that nobody made you aware that you are being led by the most persistent failure in the server's history.

Your only winning move is to leave now and never look back.

Pokesan
01-17-2018, 10:25 PM
lol @ a brand new "raiding" level 48 bard expecting a 350k item to be awarded by a guild

Lhancelot
01-17-2018, 10:38 PM
Welcome to raiding on p99, I am sorry to say. Your best bet is to join a DKP guild where politics can't turn you into a cuck quite so much

Sajan
01-17-2018, 11:07 PM
Unfortunately, this...

Gotta put some skin in the game before you can expect to win an item of such immense value. I know how it feels OP. I've been present on raids where epic items dropped, only to be looted by an officer and MQ'd to someone else who wasn't present at the time, but had more attendance than me. This is the nature of the beast raiding on P99. Keep your head high, a positive attitude, and steady attendance, and you too shall wield a weapon of epic proportions one day.

maskedmelon
01-17-2018, 11:10 PM

good advice here ^^

Docx
01-18-2018, 12:22 AM
They ask if anyone needs it, I say that I need it in the guild chat and then on discord (mic). The scale is awarded to a bard that wasn't maining a bard at the raid (No clue where he showed up from) and that was that.

I wonder if it was a 60 ( or even just a higher lvl ) bard on a naggy vox alt because bringing a bard over lvl 52 to one of these two dragons is as worthwhile as used toilet paper.

Also I would just love to know how far along you are in your epic, you seem JUST the type who is only a white scale away from one of the most difficult epics to obtain at 48 you special snowflake you....

Everlover
01-18-2018, 12:26 AM
The message and the facts are posted for those new players that might be looking for some cool online experiences (Maybe I was lucky in classic) instead of what happened.

It was a fair warning and I reserve the right to have my opinion regardless of how lame you think I am...um...Lammy. (LOL)

Those with respect, I salute you and thank you for the advice. The post served it's purpose :)

skarlorn
01-18-2018, 12:36 AM
OK good start call me a cuck now plz and the ritual will complete

Rygar
01-18-2018, 12:40 AM

<Venerate>

Google it... Definition: Venerate. Exact quote

citizen1080
01-18-2018, 12:40 AM
OK good start call me a cuck now plz and the ritual will complete

Shut your whore mouth, cuck

Beastagoog
01-18-2018, 01:30 AM
LOL

Dude it's project1999. That scale is already in ec tunnel sold for 300k and split 50k each to the officers and guild leader.

DONT PLAY P99 if you're anything but a casual it's just not worth it.

Agnarr has room for 1 more bard btw.

Beastagoog
01-18-2018, 01:33 AM
Also what Skarlon said. Join a pure dkp guild is the best thing you can do on p99.

Loot council guilds suck dick and only bring the wurmy fucks to the surface of whixh there are plenty on p99.

NegaStoat
01-18-2018, 04:45 AM
Bizarre. Longer term members of a guild can put in enough time being peons for raids time and again that after a certain threshold, they don't even have to show up for loot. The noobs of the guild will funnel it to them. With a pyramid scheme like this going on, the guild should rebrand to Mary Kay.

OP, if a guild doesn't have a website with rules that all members are to follow that also includes raid expectations and loot rules, it ain't a guild that's ready to raid. If it does and you can't be assed to read them, well.

Lhancelot
01-18-2018, 09:35 AM
Longer term members of a guild can put in enough time being peons for raids time and again that after a certain threshold, they don't even have to show up for loot. The noobs of the guild will funnel it to them. With a pyramid scheme like this going on, the guild should rebrand to Mary Kay.

This is exactly what I seen with my eyes firsthand in a "casual" raid guild and that is exactly what made me quit it and to never set foot in another raid guild.

That being said, another option is joining a guild that actually does pure /ran rolls for anyone that attends the raid who can use the loot. I believe some guilds do this on p99? Had you been in one of these guilds, being the only bard there you would automatically have gotten the scale if I understand their rule sets correctly.

There are a few different options regarding how guilds hand loot out from raids. As mentioned above, don't assume things run fairly in a guild regarding loots just because you read how much people love the guild and how it's "casual" and the second coming of Christ regarding guilds on P99. You will be sorely disappointed if you expect fair loot distribution in many of the p99 guilds.

Over time I went from pushing toons to 50+ joining guilds and wanting to "advance" my characters with better loots via a guild and raiding to understanding that to do this you have to play a certain way and fit into a certain style of play often losing your autonomy in the process.

I readjusted my thinking, stopped joining guilds, and I just do what part of p99 I like, and that is leveling up solo or in groups and not worrying about top tier pixels and the drama you have to deal with in a guild. For some, it's fun. For some they are willing to deal with dramas and guild bullshit for dragon pixels. For others, it's simply not worth it and for those people we don't join raid guilds.

TL;DR

The game is great! However, what you find is even on p99 especially the higher you go the people turn out to be just as shitty as they are on other games, especially as you start seeing high worth items dropping on raids. You really see the greediness.

Some guilds do /ran rolls on equippable loots for those who attend raids. Look into joining one of these guilds.

Do not join a loot council neckbeard shithole guild OR a shithole pyramid scheme loot guild which uses it's new members as slaves to funnel all the loots to their longtime neckbeards that are more interested in gearing their 6th alt than to help new guild members who are trying to gear their main that just joined the guild recently.

Kye1709
01-18-2018, 09:44 AM
I join discord, I communicate, I set up what is needed. The guild whipes 5 times before defeating Vox (For various miscalculations) and I stick it through being the only bard there. They link the loot and confirm a white scale dropped.

"Alright guys I'm set up, I'm standing here playing mana song. I haven't started my epic yet, and most of you don't know me because you haven't seen me at many guild events but, shotgun white scale!"

tldr: scale went to active (60) bard working on epic.

Lammy
01-18-2018, 10:06 AM
sounds like OP did ya'll a favor

Thiefboy777
01-18-2018, 10:28 AM
You seriously think you deserve a white scale on your first raid at lvl 48?

Pokesan
01-18-2018, 10:38 AM
Why not, he attended...unlike the guy who won it (at least not on his bard)

sounds like the bard was playing a 52 alt for vox. this is common practice in raiding guilds.

Pokesan
01-18-2018, 10:40 AM
someone tell the green scale story

Domo
01-18-2018, 11:12 AM
>started on p99 May2016
>got to lvl 60 + epic(cleric) around 6 months later
>did a Cazic Thule raid with guild
>failed at 1-2% because to stupid/unlucky
>around 12-18 Aftermath assholes showed up and kill stealed Cazic Thule at 2%
>took a break for over 9 months from EQ
>2 week after I came back, my guild was raiding Cazic Thule again
>Cazic Thule was at 2%
>around 12-18 Aftermath assholes showed up
>we won!

https://i.imgur.com/6hWE08D.jpg

@OP

As you see, raiding can be on many levels ugly on P99. But in my opinion a bit of bullshit is needed on P99, to keep the 1999 nostalgia up ;)

It wouldn't be EverQuest if it would be to easy.

Hope ya know what I am trying to say.

P.S.
So far Ive meet only nice people from Aftermath (except the 2x 12-18 assholes :D ), I just hate their guilds, thats all. Paradox, I know.

xoxo

(sorry about my english)

xKoopa
01-18-2018, 11:20 AM
A level 48 Bard on his first raid does not deserve to roll against a level 60 Bard who is actually doing his epic. If you don't understand why they I suggest you climb back into whatever Euro dumpster you are living in and shut the lid

Gotta agree with this. Plenty of lvl 60 bards who raided for over a year before getting scale

Legday
01-18-2018, 11:27 AM
>started on p99 May2016
>got to lvl 60 + epic(cleric) around 6 months later
>did a Cazic Thule raid with guild
>failed at 1-2% because to stupid/unlucky
>around 12-18 Aftermath assholes showed up and kill stealed Cazic Thule at 2%
>took a break for over 9 months from EQ
>2 week after I came back, my guild was raiding Cazic Thule again
>Cazic Thule was at 2%
>around 12-18 Aftermath assholes showed up
>we won!

Is the first item in bold what led directly to the second item in bold?

If so, that's awesome.

Legday
01-18-2018, 11:29 AM
Also @OP, most people play level 52 alts or guild toons for Naggy and Vox because their main is 60 and can't participate in the fight. It may have appeared some random unattending bard was gifted scales, but not even Dolj or Venerate would do that.

Domo
01-18-2018, 11:42 AM

If so, that's awesome.

I dont really remember anymore. It might was the trigger, but I think I wanted a break anyway.

Tenderizer
01-18-2018, 11:49 AM

If so, that's awesome.

Poor guy.

Troxx
01-18-2018, 11:56 AM

This.

Lhancelot
01-18-2018, 11:57 AM
Why not, he attended...unlike the guy who won it (at least not on his bard)

Exactly. ^

As you see, the typical attitude of the neckbeards on this server is the newer guild member who actively attended the raid on his main should not get a raid item even when he was the only one on the class that could use the item.

Instead it should go to someone's 5-6th alt who's been in the guild forever, because they "deserve" it. These are pixels remember.

This discourages newer players from wanting to be part of the raid scene, btw. Of course our greedy neckbeard guilds don't care about that.

Sick fucks need help tbh.

OP, consider this: Join Aftermath or Awakened if you really want to raid. Ignore all the hate on these two guilds, mostly it's one throwing insults at the other due to their competing for dragons head to head.

Honestly I hear less complaints by members of AM/AW regarding loots. The only bad thing with these two guilds is they seem to get banned frequently now and that's not fun. Regarding loot though, I personally know two different people in AW, both have nothing bad to say about the guild they enjoy it.

I have run across more disgruntled players who have tried "casual raid" guilds, all because of what you experienced in your guild. I too seen what you seen and became quite bitter and unhappy while trying to fit in with my "casual" raid guild. I stuck it out for 3 months before saying fuck it and left never to join another raid guild again.

Pokesan
01-18-2018, 12:08 PM
Exactly. ^

are you intentionally being a dumbass? 99% likelihood the bard was on an alt helping

xKoopa
01-18-2018, 12:10 PM
Lhance the bard was probly on an alt as stated before. Random noob shows up on raid and expects to get item for bis quest over an established member. Thats just not how it works. Also, a 48 bard is pretty useless outside of naggy/vox

Also, def get lvl 60 and join a/a if you want loot. Casual guilds always have these jacked up loot systems where as the big guilds are dkp based so you get back what you put in

Pokesan
01-18-2018, 12:14 PM
leveling past 52 as a bard means losing access to half the white scale mobs in the game, if you believe in Swish/Lhance ethics

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jakerees
01-18-2018, 12:21 PM
Bards sing songs right like I have seen them singing several times and it can be a song that hurts something but it can also be a song that makes them run faster and I know they really like running because this one time in the Overthere there was a bard just running and running around not killing anything it seemed, in fact there were like 30 or more creatures from sarnak people to chicken things to sentient cacti following this guy around the zone and he obviously is in the level range to be there to get exp but it was like he was trying his best to just avoid a fight with these things and some people around the ramp to the skyfire mountains were getting irritated because they were hoping some of those things would stop chasing the bard and pay attention to them and they weren't but bards are really good at running and it would be fun if there was a 'trip' skill for all classes that they could use when a bard with a big following of creatures ran by they could push that hotbutton and make the bard 'fall down' (get rooted) for a few seconds and give the things a chance to catch up to him and then they could all be like 'hey you be trippin!' and laugh but the really weird thing is when they sing songs and run around and do this in east commons too and take every creature in the zone away from people trying to kill things and it makes me wonder if they do that because they sat under the first torch in the tunnel for too long and they finally snapped after seeing so many people selling the same things over and over and probably wondering why no one will offer an awesome ogre shaman an epic mq for 20k and then they just snap and go on a rampage although I'm not sure you can call it a rampage so much when all they do is run and sing but don't actually kill anything but it doesn't change the fact that john q human monk is sitting at the first inn away from Freeport wondering where all the decaying skeletons are which makes him wonder about them more not knowing that they are chasing some bard and they key in on the 'decaying' part of decaying skeleton and wonder if the skeleton is decaying and wanders around for awhile without anyone killing it maybe it just fully decays and withers away into nothing and maybe that's why they can't find anything to kill which probably confuses them more about the game. I like to sing

Tenderizer
01-18-2018, 12:33 PM
That wall of text hurt my soul

maskedmelon
01-18-2018, 12:34 PM
Bards sing songs right like I have seen them singing several times and it can be a song that hurts something but it can also be a song that makes them run faster and I know they really like running because this one time in the Overthere there was a bard just running and running around not killing anything it seemed, in fact there were like 30 or more creatures from sarnak people to chicken things to sentient cacti following this guy around the zone and he obviously is in the level range to be there to get exp but it was like he was trying his best to just avoid a fight with these things and some people around the ramp to the skyfire mountains were getting irritated because they were hoping some of those things would stop chasing the bard and pay attention to them and they weren't but bards are really good at running and it would be fun if there was a 'trip' skill for all classes that they could use when a bard with a big following of creatures ran by they could push that hotbutton and make the bard 'fall down' (get rooted) for a few seconds and give the things a chance to catch up to him and then they could all be like 'hey you be trippin!' and laugh but the really weird thing is when they sing songs and run around and do this in east commons too and take every creature in the zone away from people trying to kill things and it makes me wonder if they do that because they sat under the first torch in the tunnel for too long and they finally snapped after seeing so many people selling the same things over and over and probably wondering why no one will offer an awesome ogre shaman an epic mq for 20k and then they just snap and go on a rampage although I'm not sure you can call it a rampage so much when all they do is run and sing but don't actually kill anything but it doesn't change the fact that john q human monk is sitting at the first inn away from Freeport wondering where all the decaying skeletons are which makes him wonder about them more not knowing that they are chasing some bard and they key in on the 'decaying' part of decaying skeleton and wonder if the skeleton is decaying and wanders around for awhile without anyone killing it maybe it just fully decays and withers away into nothing and maybe that's why they can't find anything to kill which probably confuses them more about the game. I like to sing

better hard story than OP :c

Raavak
01-18-2018, 12:46 PM
Good news is: there are (infinitely) more white scales dropping in the future.

Don't get too bent out of shape over pixels. If you dislike how your guild handles loot there are plenty of other options.

d3r14k
01-18-2018, 12:51 PM
it would be fun if there was a 'trip' skill for all classes that they could use when a bard with a big following of creatures ran by

/slowclap

As always, there is great wisdom sprinkled in among your posts, Master Jake of the House Rees.

Itap
01-18-2018, 01:14 PM
I understand the frustration OP, but it’s expected. Just because you show up doesn’t mean you’re going to get a particular item, especially one that is pretty rare. Loot council guilds usually have inner cliques and the officers will hook up their friends and their alts. Solution? Join a true dkp system and bid once you have attended enough raids and built up some points.

skarlorn
01-18-2018, 01:36 PM
someone sell jakerees hsi epic

Lhancelot
01-18-2018, 02:18 PM
This is what happens when you throw a steak into a pit of hungry dogs, A/A are more civilized because they have more to share. Isn't it funny how a lot of extremely wealthy people 'don't care about money', this is the same principal.

Also you are being a moron and need to give this argument up. If I was in a casual guild who gave White Scales to a level 48 bard I would be furious. Its a waste of resources anyway you look at it. If OP was ACTUALLY AT THE POINT OF THE WHITE SCALE TURN IN it would be slightly different. As it stands a 48 Bard who has killed Vox once is not even close to needing scales and will mostly like never even reach 60

So I am right and I am wrong? got it. :rolleyes:

It's true about AW/AM not having issues with loots from what I can tell. They seem to spread it around very generously. One fellow I knew who joined AW was getting loots the first week he joined. He was quite happy in the guild.

Really this is what made me realize that if you going to raid on p99, you might as well join the top tier raid guilds. The lower tier are just that, lower tier. They are equally selfish for pixels but have less to share and lesser quality of pixels on top of that.

Join AW or AM if you going to raid here. End of story.

Sadiki
01-18-2018, 02:28 PM
"White scale dropped, it's a Vox raid so only low levels and people playing sub-53 shitbag bards at this exact time can roll"

Sounds pretty silly. Ven isn't wrong in this case.

Scale is worth way more time than you think. I had to kill a man in real life to get mine.

Mead
01-18-2018, 02:46 PM
LOL loot council guilds :o

Never thought I would agree with you on something but ^

Mead
01-18-2018, 02:48 PM
My favorite part about loot council guilds is when they disband and everyone who won gets to talk about how much winning they did in the open

Nexii
01-18-2018, 02:54 PM
Avoid loot council guilds like the plague.

Skew
01-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Get level 60. App Aftermath. Stare at a wall for a few days and as long as you are 10% RA you will probably get a white scale a month or two after making FM.
Its easier than farming 200 goblin earings and making your wife play the glockenspiel.

Lhancelot
01-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Dude logged in his bard toon, looted the scale and will be WTS it via a newly created level 1 toon in EC that no one knows.

Will split the money with said officers that decided it was best going to his bard or keep the plats himself.

Either way, winning. :rolleyes:

Sick fucks. That's why raid scene here has such an abysmal reputation.

Pokesan
01-18-2018, 03:10 PM
last i knew venerate was DKP

hyejin
01-18-2018, 03:12 PM

knowing there is someone like u out there makes the sun shine brighter

Lhancelot
01-18-2018, 03:15 PM
last i knew venerate was DKP

Didn't they kinda fall apart recently... then, got new leadership and started to zerg invite?

Not sure how they are doing tbh maybe I am wrong, just seems like they kinda fell off the map.

For real... If a person really wants to get da pixels, just join one of the guilds that conveyor belts da dragon loots.

Why fuck around with bottom tier pixel guilds whos loots are highly contested by some of the greediest neckbeards on p99?

OP - Join Aftermath or Awakened. I am more familiar with AW and like what I have heard from some of their members and I imagine AM isn't much different.

rebeccablack
01-18-2018, 03:28 PM
Dude logged in his bard toon, looted the scale and will be WTS it via a newly created level 1 toon in EC that no one knows.

Will split the money with said officers that decided it was best going to his bard or keep the plats himself.

Either way, winning. :rolleyes:

Sick fucks. That's why raid scene here has such an abysmal reputation.
your posting has gone to absolute shit recently. please take corrective action immediately.

Sadiki
01-18-2018, 03:33 PM
AW doesn't even really raid classic/Kunark content unless they really need something.

It's amusing watching forum trolls think they're up to speed on how the server operates.

mattydef
01-18-2018, 03:43 PM
These white scales definitely cause a lot of drama. In this case I'd say Venerate isn't in the wrong, there was a 60 bard at the raid playing an alt (because you have to be 52 or less for vox) in order to help with the fight. Another funny story though involving a white scale, my friend / guildie killed gore on a guild raid and they ended up giving the scale to another bard that wasn't there, wasn't as far along on the quest, had less raid attendance, less dkp earned and just got back from a 6 month break. Talk about playing favorites. Poor guy pretty much quit playing after that.

Beastagoog
01-18-2018, 03:52 PM
Log out of P99.

Patch EQLive client.

Pay the sub (or use Krono)

Level bard to 60 in a month

Join a guild

Get 6 other level 6 pals and run down to Perma, request a instance from the AoC.

Kill vox and loot scale.

TADA! You just spent less time leveling a toon 1-60 and looting a scale than it will take you to go 48-55 on p99.

Bless you.

Beastagoog
01-18-2018, 03:52 PM
^on Agnarr

maskedmelon
01-18-2018, 03:59 PM
Log out of P99.

Patch EQLive client.

Pay the sub (or use Krono)

Level bard to 60 in a month

Join a guild

Get 6 other level 6 pals and run down to Perma, request a instance from the AoC.

Kill vox and loot scale.

TADA! You just spent less time leveling a toon 1-60 and looting a scale than it will take you to go 48-55 on p99.

Bless you.

OR, play ffxiv instead. you can be a cat girl (super popular, but kinda meh to me tbh), a ninja (fu-king awesome in MY book (^。~)v, ride a wet chocoho, have a fairy as a pet, get married, gamble, raid on YOUR schedule, pvp, own and decorate a home, grind (if you really want to), craft, EMPLOY not crafters, have you own hairdresser, indulge in a fantastic story, master ALL classes, collect stuff, be rewarded for exploration anda lot more!

i miss it :c

maskedmelon
01-18-2018, 04:13 PM
Housing is something that too many Mmo don't do or get well. The housing in EQ2 was awesome.

yeah, i lieked how you could turn old Legendary? items liek i thought jboots was one iirc, into placeable trophy kinda things once you outgrew them. i never got too deep into it, but thought it worked well. actually LOVED eq2 in general. FFXIV has super spiffy housing though, from apartments to fricken estates and you can put liek crafting things and wardrobes and jukeboxes and baths and chocobo stables in/around them. think you can make a garden too.

Phenyo
01-18-2018, 04:15 PM
Sorry to hear that you are fairly new and uninformed but like others have said loot council guilds are trash, venerate is a dumpster fire lead by corrupt bads that will blackhole loot and you cant be expecting a white scale on your FIRST fuckin raid. Come on guy.

Lhancelot
01-18-2018, 04:41 PM
your posting has gone to absolute shit recently. please take corrective action immediately.

Sorry you in a shitty loot council guild and I hurt your feelings. Sometimes collateral damage happens. :(

skarlorn
01-18-2018, 05:13 PM
guys, let's not hate on loot council guilds too much.

If you manage to lead a loot council guild, be an officer of it, or have deep in-ties with the leadership of said loot-council, it's EXTREMELY beneficial.

So it's a great option for people adept at social engineering to receive more payment than they are worth

*equips his warrior epics and clicky invis cobalt pants and thinks back to the grand old days of his 8% raid attendance in BDA*

Vorkon
01-18-2018, 05:34 PM
LC guilds work in a different game setting than P99. When you are trying to blow through content to beat other guilds to the next expansion, have a a legit hardcore raiding group of 20-40 (early WoW and other game models).

P99 is legit locked at Velious, everything has been beaten, you have 2 uberguilds + tier 1 guilds who can pretty much clear everything that will be competing for mobs for as long as the server exists. With everyone having a bunch of max level alts for multiple encounters, endless tracking, specific chars for Naggy and Vox and no new expansions,etc... DKP is a better system.

Lhancelot
01-18-2018, 06:40 PM
guys, let's not hate on loot council guilds too much.

If you manage to lead a loot council guild, be an officer of it, or have deep in-ties with the leadership of said loot-council, it's EXTREMELY beneficial.

So it's a great option for people adept at social engineering to receive more payment than they are worth

*equips his warrior epics and clicky invis cobalt pants and thinks back to the grand old days of his 8% raid attendance in BDA*

You truly have been a beacon of positivity lately. I really appreciate this, Skarlorn. ^

Thiefboy777
01-19-2018, 04:07 AM
Ok this thread has confirmed for me that Swish and Lhancelot are the same person, and that person is even more retarded than I ever thought possible.

Zal22
01-19-2018, 04:55 AM
Ok this thread has confirmed for me that Swish and Lhancelot are the same person, and that person is even more retarded than I ever thought possible.

Swish is to the point mostly.

Lhance TL;DR are even TL;DR.

Lhancelot
01-19-2018, 10:19 AM

Players like Thiefboy can't fathom sharing pixels with guildies outside of their loot council members. Seek help buddy.

This mentality is why casual raid loot council guilds are total shit on this server and don't stand a chance against top tier raid guilds.

The majority of the "casual" raid guilds gear the same 10 people's army of alts instead of gearing everyone that's providing bodies to their ranks. If you nerds geared everyone you'd have a larger/stronger guild force.

Like Skarlorn facetiously pointed out, loot council guilds are good; for those who are in the loot council.

Also, Thanks for the compliment. I find Swish and his gifs highly entertaining and only wish I could do gifs like he does. I also find some of his threads like his health thread highly inspiring. TY.

Troxx
01-19-2018, 12:39 PM
I understand the frustration OP, but it’s expected. Just because you show up doesn’t mean you’re going to get a particular item, especially one that is pretty rare. Loot council guilds usually have inner cliques and the officers will hook up their friends and their alts. Solution? Join a true dkp system and bid once you have attended enough raids and built up some points.

If he was in a proper DKP guild he wouldn't have had a chance as it was his first raid at 48. Whether an alt of a bard main (playing alt to participate) was present or otherwise, I would not allow a white scale to go to a level 48 bard who's first raid was the one Lady Vox that dropped a white scale.

I'd honestly guild bank it for an offline high level main bard who wasn't even online.

Guild leaders/officers should make reasonable decisions based on what is best for the guild. White scales are tradable, very valuable, incredibly ... INCREDIBLY useful when placed on a bard that has proven loyalty/longevity/attendance.

Giving it to a random level 48 nobody who's barely ever raided is a stupid decision to make from the standpoint of a guild leader/officer. I've just seen too many people bail on a guild prematurely for greener pastures after receiving the type of support that only veteran players deserve.

White scales that drop belong to the guild and the guild should place them on members that have not only earned them ... but on members that they expect will remain. If I were a guild leader who ran anything other than a raw DKP system, I'd make sure that scale went to the bard who was most likely to contribute the most in the long run (Ie a bard with long tenure and 50% attendance over a new bard with 95% attendance that joined a month ago). Even in a pure dkp guild, I'd not let the only bard in attendance take a white scale with low tenure/dkp over an offline bard with high tenure/dkp. That shit is tradable and deserves to go the the bard who you can most count on to not leave the lesser guild for a higher tier guild 3 months later.

TLDR? White scales are a special kind of rare/awesome/useful. Don't expect a guild to give you one without earning the trust of said guild and actually earning your keep.

Troxx
01-19-2018, 01:10 PM
PS: an epic bard brings a lot of power to any guild that raids. Higher resists, more ac, better at all the critical things a bard NEEDS to do. An epic bard is a win for the whole guild along with the individual. More than any other epic it changes gameplay and power curve. Bard epic will forever be a BIS item 100% of the time. It adds an aspect and power to the class's gameplay that cannot be replaced or replicated in classic era.

White scales represents THE bottleneck now that undead bard exists. If no worthy bard is online, guild bank should get it until one is found (online or offline). The item being tradable also makes a guild more likely to get burned by someone not actually turning it into an epic for them-self. 300k+ is a pretty huge temptation for the level 48 bard who hasn't even decided if it's their main class long term. The 50s weed out most would-be bard mains.

The only other epic that comes close to being irreplaceable is the cleric epic - and even then the best geared clerics can bag their epic until they need a click. For other classes? Epic is replaced easily in velious with much better. In some cases (warrior) epic is obsolete compared to cheap tradable gear.

To the OP: your thread/complaint is laughable. You're 48 ... barely worthless participant for the raid in question. You barely raided before it dropped. With this thread, you effectively proved that the guild leaders were correct in NOT giving it to you. You were not and still are not worth keeping around.

Kudos on your immaturity.

~Peace

Argh
01-19-2018, 01:37 PM
It is not confounding that rare epic pieces dropped at vox would be held for a post hoc bidding process, or that the winner of that item would not have been playing a 52 bard or lower at the raid.

Lhancelot
01-19-2018, 02:39 PM
RIP the poor souls of casual P99ers as they discover the depths of neckbeardism some Epics take to acquire.

d3r14k
01-19-2018, 02:44 PM
His soul was crushed. RIP Biggunsworth.

A picture of Biggunsworth in turtle form (super secret druid animorph spell):

khanable
01-19-2018, 03:24 PM
OR, play ffxiv instead. you can be a cat girl (super popular, but kinda meh to me tbh), a ninja (fu-king awesome in MY book (^。~)v, ride a wet chocoho, have a fairy as a pet, get married, gamble, raid on YOUR schedule, pvp, own and decorate a home, grind (if you really want to), craft, EMPLOY not crafters, have you own hairdresser, indulge in a fantastic story, master ALL classes, collect stuff, be rewarded for exploration anda lot more!

i miss it :c

^ do this

skarlorn
01-19-2018, 03:38 PM
Forgot to mention being a whoremaster and running a cat girl erotic RP brothel. Game owns.

Yooooo this sounds tight

Teako
01-19-2018, 04:04 PM
Forgot to mention being a whoremaster and running a cat girl erotic RP brothel. Game owns.

Can neither confirm nor deny that certain servers may literally have miqo brothels in Ul'Dah.

Shit is weird as all hell. you have been theoretically warned.

hyejin
01-19-2018, 04:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/iYztDrn.png
stares wistfully into log txt

arsenalpow
01-19-2018, 05:09 PM
Me and Cucs are on that FF train. It’s pretty goog

khanable
01-19-2018, 06:12 PM
jesus fuck this is actually real

https://kotaku.com/inside-the-brothels-of-final-fantasy-xiv-1820520915

maskedmelon
01-19-2018, 06:29 PM
oh ^^; you thought they were joking

*pats cucumbers*

hyejin
01-19-2018, 06:47 PM
very real, very lucrative!

the failson population is not a minority in ff14

always looking for new talent PM me ;)
*must be emote proficient*

is this for real? I'm almost at the point where videogames are an option :p

i'm staying hyuman though.

hyejin
01-19-2018, 08:12 PM
NO LALA.

pass

branamil
01-19-2018, 08:16 PM
New trick to get a white scale: level a bard to 46 (should take a day or two) and attend a Venerate Vox raid?

Lemonhead
01-20-2018, 01:51 PM
New trick to get a white scale: level a bard to 46 (should take a day or two) and attend a Venerate Vox raid?

Oh, ya dude. That's gonna be like 20k per hour once you get good.

Badwar
01-20-2018, 04:02 PM

Beastagoog
01-20-2018, 04:27 PM
White scale costs 3,000pp on Agnarr...just saying.

syrox
01-20-2018, 11:53 PM
Several factual confirmations, for the curious:

Winning bard was there on 52 cleric guild alt.
Winning bard is main.
Winning bard is not stuck at 54. He spent 1 day in level. Was 52 at the vox raid 1 week before OP, 56 now.
Scale is not for sale.
Winning bard is very active member of guild.

Losing bard complains about honor and helpful guild, but admitted if he knew he would not get the scale, he wouldn't have logged in that day to help the guild at all.
Literally first raid that losing bard attended.
Losing bard thanked winning bard for showing him the ropes in tells throughout (but didn't realize it was him)
Unless I'm wrong, losing bard was playing an alt through the first 2 or 3 attempts?

FFXIV was boring at end game, instanced raids remove the most exciting part of the game, and the housing in EQ eventually was cool. Turned mine into a cave.

This thread consists of disgruntled lifers making wrong assumptions, clueless newbies who have never raided, and people LOLing at the OP.

OP, stick to grouping in KC. You're not going to like raiding.

All, please, follow OP advice, if you're not interested in being a part of a group, killing targets for accomplishment, and are just going to throw a hissy fit if you don't win pixels, don't apply to Venerate.

skarlorn
01-21-2018, 12:02 AM
Please, tell us more about your fair and non-political loot council. I am dying to read more

Sonderbeast
01-21-2018, 12:04 AM
LOL @ people flipping out over dragon scales. Good times.

Pokesan
01-21-2018, 12:06 AM
Please, tell us more about your fair and non-political loot council. I am dying to read more

if yiska is involved your shitpost is completely WRONG

pras yiska

skarlorn
01-21-2018, 12:41 AM
Wow I agree completely and unironically, yiska is a great guy and guildy, we even swapped haste items

I'm so sorry

Aeateil-rodcet
01-21-2018, 03:21 AM
To the OP: your thread/complaint is laughable. You're 48 ... barely worthless participant for the raid in question. You barely raided before it dropped. With this thread, you effectively proved that the guild leaders were correct in NOT giving it to you. You were not and still are not worth keeping around.

^^

Lhancelot
01-21-2018, 03:34 AM
Wow I agree completely and unironically, yiska is a great guy and guildy, we even swapped haste items

I'm so sorry

I always appreciate seeing someone admit when they are wrong, not letting their pride get in the way. Very upstanding of you, Skarlorn!

Stunnah
01-21-2018, 06:34 AM
PS: an epic bard brings a lot of power to any guild that raids. Higher resists, more ac, better at all the critical things a bard NEEDS to do. An epic bard is a win for the whole guild along with the individual. More than any other epic it changes gameplay and power curve. Bard epic will forever be a BIS item 100% of the time. It adds an aspect and power to the class's gameplay that cannot be replaced or replicated in classic era.

White scales represents THE bottleneck now that undead bard exists. If no worthy bard is online, guild bank should get it until one is found (online or offline). The item being tradable also makes a guild more likely to get burned by someone not actually turning it into an epic for them-self. 300k+ is a pretty huge temptation for the level 48 bard who hasn't even decided if it's their main class long term. The 50s weed out most would-be bard mains.

The only other epic that comes close to being irreplaceable is the cleric epic - and even then the best geared clerics can bag their epic until they need a click. For other classes? Epic is replaced easily in velious with much better. In some cases (warrior) epic is obsolete compared to cheap tradable gear.

Kudos on your immaturity.

~Peace

Well put :) thanks for articulating that!

Mank <Venerate>

Stormfists
01-21-2018, 12:05 PM
TLDR

Op apps, expects to get epic in a week, rage quits, decides RnF is the best place to air his dirty laundry.

Maliant
01-21-2018, 12:24 PM
Bard got a hard smack of reality and a red stripe on his back.

d3r14k
01-23-2018, 12:46 AM
White scale costs 3,000pp on Agnarr...just saying.

Yeah but it's...on Agnarr. That's like getting a Snickers bar for a nickel and thinking it is a great deal compared to the Snickers bar at the store, then opening it to find this:

Yeah sure, they both have nuts, but it's just not the same.

hyejin
01-23-2018, 03:09 AM
yuck. I think I'll utilize the ignore feature for the first time.

Beastagoog
01-23-2018, 03:19 AM
Can you get one at the bazaar? :rolleyes:

In 10 days you can jejejejejejejejej cya in thr bazaar

Beastagoog
01-23-2018, 03:23 AM
2018 and never seen a bard complain about white/red scales on agnarr.

Though.....red scale sells for 8-10krs about (90-120usd ON AGNARR NOT ON R99 BEFORE THE BAN HAMMER INCS)....you can do naggy with 6 well geared players.

Point is on p99 you fight over shit like this......in 2018. (19 year pass this epics launch).

Beastagoog
01-23-2018, 03:25 AM
8-10kr = 56k-70k plat atm

Beastagoog
01-23-2018, 03:27 AM
With luclin I can see naggy and vox been reduced to 3 person dragons.

wagorf
01-23-2018, 06:49 AM
it doesn't matter whether it's the OP's "first" raid with the guild

given his guild's current loot council logic, OP will have zero chance on any bard drops EXCEPT those that are nobody wants, simply because he's the newest bard.

syrox
01-23-2018, 07:40 AM
Does matter if it's the OP's first raid with the guild. There's no promise that he'll come back to a second raid, and that the guild will get utility from the drop. Also, confirmed, he never came back for a second raid, so decision confirmed.

Also false, as winning bard wasn't the oldest bard in the guild. Scale war awarded based on a few things, including raid attendance, being useful in the guild, and not being a whiny little bitch.

24kanthony
01-23-2018, 06:48 PM
I joined a guild with rules that main in need and on last piece are first in line for Epic Loot. After 2 weeks in the guild, I beat out an sk alt for the soul leech even though he had been a member of The Guild much longer and had been working hard for the drop. Even though I took the soul Leach, of course, I did still feel bad about snatching it out from under someone who deserved it.

sereal
01-23-2018, 11:34 PM
What are the loot council guilds on the server anyways?

Lhancelot
01-23-2018, 11:45 PM
What are the loot council guilds on the server anyways?
I think it's anyone not named Aftermath or Awakened, AKA all the lesser successful raid guilds.

Argh
01-23-2018, 11:49 PM
It's easier to blame people than it is to blame numbers, but the fact is people are going to be upset with loot decisions regardless of what system your guild employs.

skarlorn
01-23-2018, 11:50 PM
it's easier to blame Everquest addiction!

Hope this straightens things out for yoU!!!!

Lhancelot
01-23-2018, 11:52 PM
it's easier to blame Everquest addiction!

Hope this straightens things out for yoU!!!!

Almost. I think it's easier to accept the fact it is Everquest addiction.

Hope this straightens things out. :p