PDA

View Full Version : It's time for a wipe or new server

bomaroast
01-15-2018, 05:42 PM
This server is screwed. Everything that is worth anything is being hogged by old timers. New people have to spend weeks and months farming. Thought about starting as a shaman? I hope you don't plan on having any of the important 55+ spells. Either that or I hope you have a friend with 250,000pp.

There is not enough new blood on the server and it's readily apparent. Time for a wipe.

jpetrick
01-15-2018, 06:03 PM
Tomorrow it’s my turn to make this thread.

maskedmelon
01-15-2018, 06:05 PM
sorry you waited 9 years to roll you shaman alt, OP :c

skarlorn
https://i.imgur.com/k9deRzG.jpg

Kesselring
Do you have to buy items for super cheap to have fun on this server? I dont quite understand.

JurisDictum
01-15-2018, 06:07 PM
Just play DBG version of this server when it comes out...

I don't think there is going to be a Re99

rabids
01-15-2018, 06:12 PM
It was always hard for new players to get the pp to buy the best things. Its classic:)

PS. Want to buy shaman epic and spells for 20k total. Send tells or PM me here.

/Hotpant, 53 shammy

Argh
01-15-2018, 06:25 PM
The spell that lets you farm anything you want solo should just be free.

Lulz~Sect
01-15-2018, 06:29 PM
pity reply

Mead
01-15-2018, 06:40 PM
New people have to spend weeks and months farming.

And you think it's going to be easier if they wipe the server?

WoW servers are still up last I checked if you wanted easy pixels and instant gritification

Lhancelot
01-15-2018, 07:05 PM
It's easier now than ever to make plats as a noob, and items actually are cheaper than ever except for some very specific high end items.

I run into so many new players on this server, you don't know what you are talking about quite frankly.

Your post is nothing but a salt mine. Sorry OP.

Next time put it in it's proper spot, it's a RANT. Should be in RnF.

Danth
01-15-2018, 07:45 PM
It's easier now than ever to make plats as a noob, and items actually are cheaper than ever except for some very specific high end items.

I run into so many new players on this server, you don't know what you are talking about quite frankly..

Heh, browsing archived EQ discussion forums shows plenty of cases of level 40-plus, even 50-plus characters using weapons and armor that are virtually beneath a newbie's dignity here on P1999.

Danth

aaezil
01-15-2018, 07:59 PM
torpor etc arent really all that rare. Play the game and loot your spells. Why are you assuming buying your spells from other players is the only path?

Mblake1981
01-15-2018, 08:19 PM
This server is screwed. Everything that is worth anything is being hogged by old timers. New people have to spend weeks and months farming. Thought about starting as a shaman? I hope you don't plan on having any of the important 55+ spells. Either that or I hope you have a friend with 250,000pp.

There is not enough new blood on the server and it's readily apparent. Time for a wipe.

I was on Bristlebane server in original era. A member of <Ring of Valor> had a Cloak of Flames for sale in EC for 60-80k, I cant recall exactly but it was wayy up there. This was before Kunark release. This is the same time period when our guild druid, Xavier, had 1,000pp in his bank account and we all considered him EQ rich. Coin was never easy to come by and only a handful of people had the means to purchase things like a Cloak of Flames.

In the Kunark period our main Shaman, Cloudd, never had the spell til sometime later possibly during Luclin.

<Reckless Fury>

Mead
01-15-2018, 08:30 PM
Good stuff. Glad this thread went well

Can't wait for next one

Ciksharn
01-15-2018, 09:30 PM

TLDR: I can't get what I want everyone else should have to start from 0 also.

Nisse
01-16-2018, 02:54 AM

katrik
01-16-2018, 04:38 AM
I'd be down for a new server..... buuuuuuut... they've already said they're not going to do it. So... stop making threads like this :(

Bboboo
01-16-2018, 09:51 AM
Good to see these threads are still being made.

Phenyo
01-16-2018, 12:59 PM
every day till you like it

Tenderizer
01-16-2018, 02:29 PM
There is not enough new blood on the server and it's readily apparent.

This is pretty accurate. All those "new" players are alts or people undercover or banned scrubs starting over. Most are twinked and dont group if they can help it and some new ones dont stick around long. Not to mention the silly amount of lvl 60's parked everywhere making raiding a joke. If the server was released with accurate timeline I guarantee the raid scene would be different. Why? Because most wouldnt have multiple 60's for coths, rezz, ect... other factors as well.

A complete wipe of p99 servers would be the best thing for everyone. The p99 old timers might disagree but it would help thm put into perspective their life choices of being the biggest nerd here.

skarlorn
01-16-2018, 02:34 PM
i think teh best thing would be to kill everyone. i mean everyone. except for me and like 10,000 10/10 females. Then I will repopulate the planet one womb at a time, i will also maintain enough computers and internet and EQ that when my children are of age i can get THEM hooked on everquest and we'll really have some fresh blood, then

PST if interested

branamil
01-16-2018, 02:35 PM
Project 0: delete your character to prove you’re not addicted

Tenderizer
01-16-2018, 03:01 PM

Been there done that. Well, gave everything away one of the times but still counts. Iv talked with some people who cant even fathom doing something like that. These are the ones that would fight tooth and nail to keep what they built here even though its just lights flickering on a screen.

Pokesan
01-16-2018, 04:33 PM

match me? :)

skarlorn
01-16-2018, 04:40 PM
if i delet filbus i expect rogean to delet the server.

Baler
01-16-2018, 05:03 PM
if i delet filbus i expect rogean to delet the server.

I think it's coded to automatically place the server offline if Filbus is removed from the system. :p

AzzarTheGod
01-16-2018, 06:48 PM
https://i.imgur.com/oQxnhfH.gif

https://i.imgur.com/KKHaCX4.gif

Go on, try it.

The cats are too fat. What makes you think they can move?

ridiculousmoose
01-17-2018, 12:44 AM
Can a resident troll please take the time to catalog all the 100+ previous threads like this so we can link it each time one of these is posted to mock them??

Thanks,
Rnf guy

EpicAdventure
01-17-2018, 06:54 AM
the solution to this is simple: git gud

smitho1984
01-17-2018, 09:53 AM

Ya... wipe the server because you just started and feel behind... Fuck everyone else whos put in work.

d3r14k
01-17-2018, 10:06 AM
Ya... wipe the server because you just started and feel behind... Fuck everyone else whos put in work.

What confuses me is OP has a join date of November '09. If after 8 years and 3 months you haven't gotten the pixels you want on a time-locked server, you either:

1) Haven't been logging in much in the last near decade, in which case you don't deserve said pixels or;

2) Have been sitting in the EC tunnel in the last near decade, in which case you don't deserve said pixels

If you think the platinum grind in this game is ridiculous, don't ever play a Korean MMO.

Lhancelot
01-17-2018, 10:07 AM
Can a resident troll please take the time to catalog all the 100+ previous threads like this so we can link it each time one of these is posted to mock them??

Thanks,
Rnf guy

Sorry, the RnF guys are too busy writing fictional stories to take on such an endeavor! (see RnF thread for reference here https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286084)

I could see Mead or Swish doing this for you though. PM one of them and ask kindly, it might happen.

Tenderizer
01-17-2018, 10:32 AM
the solution to this is simple: git gud

You and others confuse competition with addiction. You can see it all over the forums the words competition, get good ect.. are just slogans used so those with problems don't have to come to reality about the social and mental issues they are facing on p99.

Bro, get good at life and then you can speak up.