PDA

View Full Version : why is competition good?

Pokesan
01-13-2018, 11:07 PM
what benefit does it provide?

speaking strictly in terms of everquest; contrarians get the bullet.

Phenyo
01-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Promotes improvement

Pokesan
01-13-2018, 11:10 PM
Promotes improvement

?

skarlorn
01-13-2018, 11:23 PM
it isn't. the ideal situation is only one guild for all purposes.

Pokesan
01-13-2018, 11:38 PM
can anyone say henrique isn't mentally ill?

he's one of the "best" raiders on p99

Nagoya
01-14-2018, 01:44 AM
for those competing i guess competition is fun
what does 'good' mean?

skarlorn
01-14-2018, 01:47 AM
i got my epics thanks to class r rotation lottery

praS

Pokesan
01-14-2018, 01:57 AM
what does 'good' mean?

i would say 'good' means a net positive ratio of fun, comparatively, for the server, staff, and community. i don't deny that a competitive system is 'fun' for a select few, but if it comes at the cost of greatly reducing the amount of 'fun' for everyone else, it's not 'good'.

skarlorn
01-14-2018, 02:00 AM
good means that you don't base your life responding to batphones

skarlorn
01-14-2018, 02:01 AM
i talked to the police and they told me EQ is doesn't qualify as a pro sport, This Just In

Sonderbeast
01-14-2018, 03:35 AM
Does anyone else watch Swish's gif for like, minutes?

Baler
01-14-2018, 03:38 AM
Yes
Sometimes I find myself looking at and watching gifs for hours of my day.
I too like swish's newer tom the cat gif, I find myself watching 2-4 loops of it every time I see it. :o

Dolalin
01-14-2018, 04:40 AM
There is no real competition. A/A are rotating Ikatiar and triplets. There's just player-made agreements and A/A-only player made agreements. It's complete hypocrisy.

Zekayy
01-14-2018, 05:06 AM
There is no real competition. A/A are rotating Ikatiar and triplets. There's just player-made agreements and A/A-only player made agreements. It's complete hypocrisy.

theres no real competition because casual shit guild doesnt even try....... you instead are like bda and log the fuck out when you see either tag.... I have friends in ag and europa they all say the same thing...

Zekayy
01-14-2018, 05:08 AM
also Competition is good because It Promotes Growth, Where would we be without rivals? I know I would have never taken as many chances and learned as much as I have if I didn’t want to win and compete against other great people on this server.

mattydef
01-14-2018, 05:26 AM
Anyone that thinks this "competition" on p99 is healthy is either fooling themselves or are far too immersed in the game. This is a time locked pve server that has already been beaten, there's nothing left here to compete for. Go play a sport or a game with some pvp (not red server) if you want competition and stop pretending your 87th tov dragon means something, because it doesn't. Unfortunately a lot of people lose their way on eq, even I am guilty of it, and start playing it for the wrong reasons. Sometimes it takes a small break from the game to remember why you love eq and why you still play it and to get a good dose of reality...you'll hopefully realize how foolish you've become over pointless things like pixels on a game, and imaginary competition.

AzzarTheGod
01-14-2018, 05:26 AM

the cat is very charismatic. the dancing alone not be enough to hypnotize

Phatez
01-14-2018, 06:59 AM
Competition is good because it allows those that are superior, in terms of play time, skill, shadiness, dick size, and neck beard length to dominate the content and control the flow of pixels. This is good because casual scum deserve nothing but the ashes of sebilis.

joediddy
01-14-2018, 07:17 AM
FUCK EQ PUBG FOR LIFE

Phenyo
01-14-2018, 07:24 AM
lot of millennials in this thread that think they should get a participation medal for showing up. Glad the game doesnt work like that, as much as some people try to push it in that direction.

AzzarTheGod
01-14-2018, 07:25 AM
FUCK EQ PUBG FOR LIFE

a scholar appears

Dolalin
01-14-2018, 07:25 AM
lot of millennials in this thread that think they should get a participation medal for showing up. Glad the game doesnt work like that, as much as some people try to push it in that direction.

Why aren't Aftermath and Awakened racing each other for Triplets and Ikatiar then?

Dolalin
01-14-2018, 09:09 AM
It's *crickets* every time the A/A-only rotation is brought up. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander. Thought you guys liked racing? Isn't that why you play? Why rotate mobs then, unless you're all just massive hypocrites?

Nagoya
01-14-2018, 10:42 AM
i would say 'good' means a net positive ratio of fun, comparatively, for the server, staff, and community. i don't deny that a competitive system is 'fun' for a select few, but if it comes at the cost of greatly reducing the amount of 'fun' for everyone else, it's not 'good'.

Don't get wrong I do think that using batphones or tracking something for 16h or clicking air etc. and all in all being in-game 10h+ a day at any point in the day and week is a very weird and probably wasteful usage of one's life.

That being said, I have never felt that "these people" 's fun was impairing on mine and making a negative balance of fun...

Is the crazy fake "competition" hard on people that are trying to compete on the same grounds but without being willing to sacrifice their whole life to it? The casual raiders? I've never been there but there must be some kind of grey area up there I guess. If I were there I might find that so-called competition to be bad as well.

Valakut
01-14-2018, 11:04 AM
i got my epics thanks to class r rotation lottery

praS

Dolalin
01-14-2018, 11:12 AM
That being said, I have never felt that "these people" 's fun was impairing on mine and making a negative balance of fun...

On an instanced server you'd be quite right. This isn't an instanced server. Left to its own devices, the P99 raid game becomes a race to the bottom, the very bottom of neckbeardery and autistic behaviour.

When it's quite clear that the mask of "We like racing and competition!" that covers the A/A-only mob rotations is thinner than a wet kleenex, the question that must be asked of the people running this place is why the hell are they enabling these absolute losers?

Pokesan
01-14-2018, 11:24 AM
to the people saying stuff like 'improvement' or 'growth', stop begging the question. you have to explain why those things are good for it to be a point worth considering.

don't be this guy

https://i.imgur.com/MhwceOQ.jpg

Lhancelot
01-14-2018, 11:55 AM

Funny thing is I don't anymore, however while reading posts a few days ago, I looked down at the cat that is in my avatar, and he was sitting next to me staring at the screen... I looked closely at what he was watching, and he was watching Swish's avatar lol.

bhs13501
01-14-2018, 12:37 PM
a/a rotates a few mobs, so they will take their time prepping and killing these mobs, or put them off till later if there are better targets in window they can compete with each other for. so instead of competing with both a/a for these, you only have to compete with one with a more relaxed time restraint, giving you a better shot if you decide to go for it. a/a rotation doesnt mean mobs are off limits to all and limited to only a/a killing

autistic or weird behavior imo is constantly regurgitating extreme examples of neckbeards and crazy people pointed out or brought to life by the rnf circle jerk, and over explaining why you dont raid or why u even care to justify or feel better about not "competing", while not offering anything interesting or constructive to a discussion

also its all a big inside fun joke for people who get it (just like the forums), and have learnt to not take it seriously and enjoy the politics, and see it for what it is. if raiding/competing/politics dont interest you, then i suggest you dont do that.

but by damning your idea of what the "raid scene" is, that you have derived from rnf shitposts and a desire to feel in the know, or better about not getting pixels and your suggesting that no one competes and we rotate everything, then an equally unfair/autistic dumbed down stereotypical view of your idea would be a pixel waiting line so people can gear their toons for group content, after the honeymoon phase of learning to pull a mob and push a few buttons/not afk is over. and if you did "did all this stuff on live", then its even dumber to complain about the raid scene on a time lock server.

competition and racing for mobs can be alot of fun, but if thats not your cup of tea, then i suggest you dont do that thing

skarlorn
01-14-2018, 12:48 PM
a/a rotates a few mobs, so they will take their time prepping and killing these mobs, or put them off till later if there are better targets in window they can compete with each other for. so instead of competing with both a/a for these, you only have to compete with one with a more relaxed time restraint, giving you a better shot if you decide to go for it. a/a rotation doesnt mean mobs are off limits to all and limited to only a/a killing

autistic or weird behavior imo is constantly regurgitating extreme examples of neckbeards and crazy people pointed out or brought to life by the rnf circle jerk, and over explaining why you dont raid or why u even care to justify or feel better about not "competing", while not offering anything interesting or constructive to a discussion

also its all a big inside fun joke for people who get it (just like the forums), and have learnt to not take it seriously and enjoy the politics, and see it for what it is. if raiding/competing/politics dont interest you, then i suggest you dont do that.

but by damning your idea of what the "raid scene" is, that you have derived from rnf shitposts and a desire to feel in the know, or better about not getting pixels and your suggesting that no one competes and we rotate everything, then an equally unfair/autistic dumbed down stereotypical view of your idea would be a pixel waiting line so people can gear their toons for group content, after the honeymoon phase of learning to pull a mob and push a few buttons/not afk is over. and if you did "did all this stuff on live", then its even dumber to complain about the raid scene on a time lock server.

competition and racing for mobs can be alot of fun, but if thats not your cup of tea, then i suggest you dont do that thing

https://i.imgur.com/V6GXww7.jpg

fan D
01-14-2018, 12:51 PM
what does 'good' mean?

no, no1 in awakened or aftermath is having fun except this redxii guy and maybe nalken.

theres maybe 1-3 ppl in each guild who enjoy staring at a wall for 16hrs or coth ducking, every1 else only does it for dkp/so they wont get guild kicked

its a miserable process, no ones having fun, but they do it anyway. do u know how good it feels to gain +4 dex and +5 str upgrade on ur leg slot? its like the 1st time i heard the beatles

bhs13501
01-14-2018, 12:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/V6GXww7.jpg

while not offering anything interesting or constructive

lol fair enough skar. would love to hear your thoughts on the matter, we need men of wisdom to chime in

skarlorn
01-14-2018, 12:54 PM
i'm letting fan D handle my thoughts and wisdom in this thread

bhs13501
01-14-2018, 12:57 PM
i think ive got it. its a crusade or intervention to get others to acknowledge that they are indeed not having fun, but are suffering from deep addiction and cult like brain washing. community coming together for everyones best interest

loramin
01-14-2018, 01:06 PM
Obviously it depends on the type of competition. The kind in games that were designed for competition, like say in WoW batlegrounds? Tons of fun. The kind that's shoe-horned in to a game not designed for it because you have 10-20x the number of players you're supposed to (vs. live) all wanting the same pixels? Terrible, and I think 95% of the server knows it.

So why do we still have the current system instead of an (also classic) rotation? Because there are like 20 VERY vocal whiners here who have invested their life in the current system and every time anyone tries to make it better they bitch about "participation trophies".

loramin
01-14-2018, 01:07 PM
Also, for everyone who is a fan of Swish's signature, you should see the original video. It has Shakira and Rhiana being ... close.

icedwards
01-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Sirken
I wasn't gonna post in this thread, but then 293 posts later, my opinion changed and there's a couple things I'd like to say.

Firstly, we as a staff and as a community, are juggling many different play-styles here on P99. That includes everything from players that will only ever reach mid levels and those level appropriate dungeons, it includes super casual guilds that may only get together once a week or every other week to farm planes, guilds that are capable of downing content but do not want to do anything besides show up to partake in that content, as well as guilds that are willing to track, race, be in voice chat & on batphones, mobilize & react to things extremely fast at any time, and a bunch of play-styles that fall between the aforementioned descriptions.

When you are dealing with that many different people, with that many different play-styles, it is literally impossible for one single course of action to make everyone happy. Surely it's possible to make one group happy, but i'm a firm believer in the school of a good negotiation means no one walks away from the table completely satisfied.

It really bothers me when I see some (not all) of the casual guilds acting like the staff doesn't care about them, and never does anything to help them. We dramatically shorted the variance window from what it was as a direct response to casual guilds complaining that it was too big (and lets be honest, hardcore guilds hated it and complained about it too), so we agreed to shorten the windows on the condition that players would stop poopsocking; we held up our end of the bargain, players did not. At this point, we will not entertain offers from players that involve the promise to stop the sock (because they already spent that card, and the staff is still awaiting it to be delivered), and we will not offer to shorten the variance any more (for the same reason).

Now, as for racing; my personal opinion aside, there is literally no universe in which an argument can be made that having an hour to kill a target that you FTE does anything besides help casual guilds get to experience more content. This change was added solely for the purpose of helping casual guilds, without destroying or removing play-styles that are enjoyed by the more hardcore guilds.

That said, Project 1999 is literally the only place where you can play Classic EQ with any kind of population and also still enjoy a competitive raid scene. It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing. And as much as I hate saying it, I have had to tell guild leaders that if all they really want is instanced raid zones, or a forced rotation, that maybe P99 just isn't the right server for them or their guild. Literally every other server has instances and/or rotations, and some guilds might just be happier there.

Before anyone tries to jump in and play the "we don't care about pixels, we just care about experiencing content" card, let me just stop you because if it was just about content and not about loot people would have been more than ok with rotating all but two VP dragons (PD & Hosh), and people would have been ok with literally any mob split or agreement, as it would still result in casual guilds getting more content than they would be getting if there was absolutely nothing in put in place (be it by staff or a player agreement).

People can complain all they want, but at the end of the day if you guild isn't forcing its members to be in voice chat, isn't utilizing some form of batphone, or is somehow still under the belief that you have to stare at a screen for 16 hours to get a mob, then you guys need to look inwards and fix those problems (and yes, those are absolutely problems if you want to be a raiding guild) because there's literally nothing that the staff or player-base can do to help you if you aren't willing to help yourselves first.

In closing, I'm sick of hearing things aren't "fair". Things are more fair now than they have been in 5+ years. Fair doesn't mean everyone gets the same amount of mobs or loot. Fair means everyone gets the same opportunity to kill those mobs or get that loot, and right now, while it might not be the perfect system for your desired play-style, it is a 100% fair system as it gives everyone a fair and equal opportunity to engage any content, and doesn't even require your raid force to be parked or even in game anymore as you now have the hour to kill.

This message has been brought to you by the letter P and the number 99.

/shrug

skarlorn
01-14-2018, 01:14 PM
i think ive got it. its a crusade or intervention to get others to acknowledge that they are indeed not having fun, but are suffering from deep addiction and cult like brain washing. community coming together for everyones best interest

n!ce poast

Pokesan
01-14-2018, 01:24 PM
/shrug

this doesn't answer the topic question - why is competition necessary or useful in emulated everquest?

stop trolling

skarlorn
01-14-2018, 01:28 PM
stop trolling

icedwards
01-14-2018, 01:32 PM
stop trolling

no u

Champion_Standing
01-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Because it pushes the game devs to create new challenging content that will satisfy their most rabid playerbase.....

fastboy21
01-14-2018, 02:00 PM
I agree with Sirken.

From a "fairness" perspective however, it depends how you look at it. Fair rules isn't the same thing as fair results. If we define rules here as fair rules, then I'd have to agree the server is remarkably fair. Rogean, Nilbog, Sirken, and other lead GMs have made this server work by their diligence with rules and players who try to abuse them. Occasionally, even with staff who try to abuse them.

By fair results, I'd have some issues agreeing. The closest we came to fair results was the rotation system in late kunark. I'm not addressing the good or bad about that system, or even the historical reasons it worked or broke apart...I am saying that there was once another system wide approach that produced different outcomes, that I would call more "fair" at least as defined by their results.

I also think the rules themselves should be addressed from the perspective of habitual offenders. Anyone who casually browses the guild suspension forum will see a fairly steady stream of infractions from the top two guilds resulting in nearly monthly suspensions. It would seem to me that the approach players in these guilds are taking to the game and its rules is that its now part of the game to break rules...and suspensions are just part of the cost of doing business (i.e. playing how they want to play). That seems like the wrong approach to me. Any guild that has been suspended every month for the last year for essentially the same set of infractions has demonstrated a total lack of respect for this server. The rules should be much harsher on the long time habitual offenders.

Frankly, I refuse to join a guild to see content (code for get pixels) knowing that I will be forced by my association with dirtbags to take suspensions. That doesn't seem right to me. It boggles me, given the obvious care that Rogean and others have demonstrated for YEARS on this server, that they allow that reality to exist. Its bazaarly obvious that there are a few bad apples that have spoiled this server --- and while players can vote with their feet to end things on their own --- the system is too entrenched now to expect individual players to not go with the flow. I really think a GM system-wide re-centering of the vision is overdue to fix these problems.

Argh
01-14-2018, 02:08 PM
This server tried the rotation already and it was not a good time. There was literally gm enforced separation between the shitbird guilds of the day and the casual guilds, and all that happened was the top casual guilds then became the shitbirds within the casual-only ecosystem. The time saved staring at a wall in-game was replaced with time spent staring at the FAP boards (literally what it was called) trying to hash out the never-ending stream of bullshit disputes, arguments, and desired rule changes.

Raiding now seems to be way more casual overall, and it has never been easier to raid as an ultra casual with all the open/public raids that happen (Sond's weekly public wtov, pug HoT raids, all of Hyjal's open raids, etc.) or with all the good casual guilds that exist without ridiculous raid requirements or 24/7 batphones (e.g. Kittens, Paradigm Shift, Venerate, The Second Sons, Anonymous, Blood Guard, Omni, Azure Guard, Rustle, Hispartans, Infernus, Hydra [this is the best alliance name], ALS, etc.)

Reminder: Rampage beat the game in Kunark gear. Getting best in slot everything is just self-filating and by no means necessary to do anything in this game. Don't let the fact that you don't want to spend 30 hours a week in ntov hold you back from enjoying other stuff in the game.

People generally just want whatever policy they perceive will benefit them. If they aren't balling out of control, they probably want new/different rules. The policy and ruleset where everyone is happy, or that everyone thinks is fair does not exist. Be happy that the raid scene has vastly improved since days of yesteryear.

Dolalin
01-14-2018, 02:18 PM
Wasn't the 1hr FTE lockout abandoned?

fastboy21
01-14-2018, 02:37 PM
This server tried the rotation already and it was not a good time. There was literally gm enforced separation between the shitbird guilds of the day and the casual guilds, and all that happened was the top casual guilds then became the shitbirds within the casual-only ecosystem. The time saved staring at a wall in-game was replaced with time spent staring at the FAP boards (literally what it was called) trying to hash out the never-ending stream of bullshit disputes, arguments, and desired rule changes.

Raiding now seems to be way more casual overall, and it has never been easier to raid as an ultra casual with all the open/public raids that happen (Sond's weekly public wtov, pug HoT raids, all of Hyjal's open raids, etc.) or with all the good casual guilds that exist without ridiculous raid requirements or 24/7 batphones (e.g. Kittens, Paradigm Shift, Venerate, The Second Sons, Anonymous, Blood Guard, Omni, Azure Guard, Rustle, Hispartans, Infernus, Hydra [this is the best alliance name], ALS, etc.)

Reminder: Rampage beat the game in Kunark gear. Getting best in slot everything is just self-filating and by no means necessary to do anything in this game. Don't let the fact that you don't want to spend 30 hours a week in ntov hold you back from enjoying other stuff in the game.

People generally just want whatever policy they perceive will benefit them. If they aren't balling out of control, they probably want new/different rules. The policy and ruleset where everyone is happy, or that everyone thinks is fair does not exist. Be happy that the raid scene has vastly improved since days of yesteryear.

Yes, but these improvements are all functions of time. If they ever relaunch a new server they will be go back to square 1. I'd agree that with you otherwise, with only two exceptions:
1. Certain problems, which can only be addressed by GM rules, should be implemented before a new server is ever launched. Yes, that might be never.

2. I think the current system should severely punish habitual offenders. This behavior is disrespect to the server and the staff that put hit here for us (for free!).

bhs13501
01-14-2018, 02:39 PM
weird i figured you were on top of all the raid shits considering your over the top opinions about it

to be fair tho i used to talk alot of shit about raiding when i was oblivious to feel like i knew what the fuck i was talking about as well, and ride the top guilds are evil bandwagon that exists on every eq server ever so i get it

Pokesan
01-14-2018, 02:43 PM

yes. awakened and aftermath would not stop breaking the rules, so sirken disbanded rustle.

fan D
01-14-2018, 02:55 PM
no one needs any items. the game was cleared with kunark gear.

there are people in Aftermath right now staring at a spawn point and sitting at the entrance of TOV for 10-30hours this weekend, for the CHANCE to gain +3cha and +8 dex on a bracer slot for someone else in the guild

atleast 1/2 of the stats don't even matter on the blue server on top of it all. none of the resists matter, dex, agi, whatever else im forgetting.

skarlorn
01-14-2018, 02:59 PM

fan D
01-14-2018, 03:07 PM
i can imagine wanting to play everquest in velious and all. but would I sit at a spawn point coth ducking for 16 hours per dragon? For fuckin, Ikatar and shit? thats a yeaaaaaaNOOOO

at some point when youre in Aftermath or Awakened, and you're sitting at the zone for the 16hour window, it hits you, you realize, what the fuck am i doing with my life? What a waste of time, no one in my guild needs these items.

mattydef
01-14-2018, 03:18 PM
Competition is supposed to be where people compete in something specific to see how they match up skillfully. So shouldn't judging your skill on Everquest be based on whether or not you can kill certain high end mobs? Unfortunately on p99 skill has come down to who can sit on their ass and do absolutely nothing for long periods of time. With 16 hour windows it's literally "hey man, I bet I can watch this paint dry longer than you". If you guys actually wanted competition the windows would be lowered to something any reasonable adult with responsibilities could compete in, like say 4 hours. I guarantee you if that was the case you'd have tons of guilds lining up to compete, because they actually know they will get a shot at something instead of just wasting their free time staring at a screen doing nothing.

Dolalin
01-14-2018, 03:23 PM
^^

Kittens killed Vulak last week. So everyone can pretty much kill everything at this point. Racing only determines who has the fastest batphone.

kaev
01-14-2018, 03:39 PM
good means that you don't base your life responding to batphones

empty quoting this

Ravager
01-14-2018, 04:27 PM

I think everyone should just stand back and watch ALS clear the game with pre-planar classic gear.

Check12345
01-14-2018, 06:37 PM
coth ducking

thankfully this is no longer A Thing

skarlorn
01-14-2018, 07:50 PM
yes she was.

Pokesan
01-14-2018, 07:55 PM
bristlebane defeated tunare in norraths infancy, prior to classic

such is the power of mischief

Videri
01-14-2018, 08:13 PM
I get more joy from sharing than I do from winning or taking.

However, imagine if there were only one guild, and therefore no guild-vs-guild competition. There would be much less incentive for the guild's leadership to lead effectively and abstain from corruption If the guild were afraid of losing members to competing guilds, its leadership would be more incentivized to lead well and behave well. Is this a useful answer to your question, Pokesan?

Pokesan
01-14-2018, 08:33 PM
I get more joy from sharing than I do from winning or taking.

However, imagine if there were only one guild, and therefore no guild-vs-guild competition. There would be much less incentive for the guild's leadership to lead effectively and abstain from corruption If the guild were afraid of losing members to competing guilds, its leadership would be more incentivized to lead well and behave well. Is this a useful answer to your question, Pokesan?

no, because your belts are overpriced.

maskedmelon
01-14-2018, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately on p99 skill has come down to who can sit on their ass and do absolutely nothing for long periods of time.

This is actually surprisingly challenging for people, particularly youth and even more so when couples with an accompanied continuous demand for alertness. It is an incredibly taxing activity. I can't stay alert and idle anywhere near that long without getting restless. I either need to be doing something or be free to let my mind drift. I choose not to participate and instead help in other ways on a team with players who can do the waiting. that option is open to everyone. don't be angry that your team doesn't have people able to do that for them. either find people to fill the role of join a team that has those positions filled ^^

Capi
01-14-2018, 11:12 PM
This is actually surprisingly challenging for people, particularly youth and even more so when couples with an accompanied continuous demand for alertness. It is an incredibly taxing activity. I can't stay alert and idle anywhere near that long without getting restless. I either need to be doing something or be free to let my mind drift. I choose not to participate and instead help in other ways on a team with players who can do the waiting. that option is open to everyone. don't be angry that your team doesn't have people able to do that for them. either find people to fill the role of join a team that has those positions filled ^^

Sticky this please guys. /thread /topic /forum

Exit.

mattydef
01-14-2018, 11:25 PM

That's not skill, that's not competition, that's a sickness. I always picture some of the guys on this server going around and trying to compete in real life. They go to the grocery store and cut in line right in front of the old lady and yell "HA too slow!" Then they rush home and cut everyone off on the road while whispering to themselves "nobody is as good as me, I'm a racing god". Then they finally get home and stare at their computer screen for 16 hours, talking to each other about how good they are at Everquest.

Synthlol
01-14-2018, 11:42 PM
This is actually surprisingly challenging for people, particularly youth and even more so when couples with an accompanied continuous demand for alertness. It is an incredibly taxing activity.

If you have to pay attention, you're doing it wrong.

fastboy21
01-14-2018, 11:48 PM
That's not skill, that's not competition, that's a sickness. I always picture some of the guys on this server going around and trying to compete in real life. They go to the grocery store and cut in line right in front of the old lady and yell "HA too slow!" Then they rush home and cut everyone off on the road while whispering to themselves "nobody is as good as me, I'm a racing god". Then they finally get home and stare at their computer screen for 16 hours, talking to each other about how good they are at Everquest.

You can pretty much say that about any game. I do think EQ is particularly good at attracting (and even forming) these types of people, especially when it comes to the bubble of recursive praise "elite" EQ players stroke each other with while hanging out.

They don't call it EverCrack because it does good things to you...

Videri
01-15-2018, 01:47 AM
no, because your belts are overpriced.

LOL! Send me a tell, you weirdo!

skarlorn
01-15-2018, 12:09 PM
Prove it naethyn. That's right I'm calling you out. I was at the first tunare kill and everyone was in kunark gear.

Lhancelot
01-15-2018, 12:55 PM
Naethyn slashes Skarlon for 42 points of damage
Skarlorn has been cucked by Naethyn
Your faction with Forum Questers increases
Your faction with BDA could not possibly get any worse
You gain party experience!!

lol

skarlorn
01-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Lol made u prove it.

E Z p Z