PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever cried (literally shed tears) over Everquest or other video games?

mefdinkins
01-12-2018, 05:15 PM
I've been noticing on RNF that there are many accusations of "crying" or individuals reveling in their adversary's tears. A quick search shows that there's hundreds and hundreds of posts on P99 forums with the word tear. Sure some related to child's tear, doze tears, but they're mostly about people crying.

Exhibit A
Search: Keyword(s): tear
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.17 seconds.

So let's be honest, have you ever cried over a video game?

Xap
01-12-2018, 05:19 PM
My younger brother got done with the old 'pay me now, item is in the bank' scam in EC circa 2001. I'm 99% sure he cried over that lost Lamentation.

skarlorn
01-12-2018, 05:21 PM
I have cried every time Swish posted a cutting remark about BDA.

maskedmelon
01-12-2018, 05:25 PM
i have cried over EQ once. cried over people lotta times and cried over stories in games a couple times. im a crier. deal with it.

Mead
01-12-2018, 05:39 PM
I cry every time someone capitalizes on the opportunity to inflict tears before me

mefdinkins
01-12-2018, 05:43 PM
OP is mad

You sad.
https://i.imgur.com/qJqWbPP.gif

Lulz~Sect
01-12-2018, 05:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/WTSAq77.gif

maskedmelon
01-12-2018, 07:04 PM
Need details

There were some times in Ultima Online where I was brought to near tears but I am not sure I ever actually let one shed. If you think EQ scamming was bad LOL try UO circa 1999. Scamming/griefing was basically fully sanctioned and promoted by GMs. "Git gud" defines the time very well

the time EQ made me cry was very early in my elf career. i had been trying to get out of level 11 for liek a long time in CB and was only allowed to play an hour a
night (my parents weren't sure that i wasn't inadvertently worshiping the devil or being seduced to evil by th wandering eye on the chanter class symbol thingy). anyway, this
night i got some extra time and the stars aligned and i found a group too and got 2.5 bubs (yellow of course, blue weren't implemented). I had been notified (several times ^^;) that my time was up, so I made my way to kelethin to camp. It was slow because I was super encumbered with bags full of cloth armor and rusty weapons, but I made it.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to sell now or not. i was suppose to get off the puter and i HATED the lift. I played on dial up with a k6 266 48mb ram and a voodoo 3 vidya card. I lagged liek a bitch all the time and had fallen THROUGH the lift more than once. well, i decided to risk it and.. i fell through the lift and died. it sucked, but i didn't youth oh well, it happens sometimes, im still ahead on xp and am not lagging now, so I can sell... hop on ththe lift and... fell through again.

honestly can't remember if I tried once more or if that was it, I think i actually tried a third time with the same result. the i remember very clearly however that i lost all the xps that i had earned and would hafta spend my next play session (all 1hr of it) trekking to felwiith to sell my stuff and then back to kelethin to park since i wouldn't have time to look for a group after that.

the times people have made me cry on EQ and other online games include one when people were douches and just wouldn't leave me alone, but mostly just when people were super nice to me.

for game stories, most recent was when Nanamo died in FFXIV.

Lulz~Sect
01-12-2018, 07:11 PM
I am not surprised that a dewd that liek posts liek this^ has cried over a vidya

(also didn’t read)

Barkingturtle
01-12-2018, 07:41 PM
I once tapped my nuts with a wiimote nunchaku.

arsenalpow
01-12-2018, 08:23 PM
Probably that goddamn swimming level on ninja turtles way back in the day. Fuck that seaweed bullshit.

Detoxx
01-12-2018, 08:35 PM
I cried tears of joy when I finally beat Mike Tyson

Baler
01-12-2018, 08:37 PM
path of exile announced xbox release. I shed a tear.

Detoxx
01-12-2018, 08:37 PM
I was 25...

Check12345
01-12-2018, 08:44 PM
I put my hand through a plaster wall over Zelda in the 80's on NES. It was't pretty, looking at your hand, going pale, and puking, but I am sure there were some tears too. :D

matticas
01-12-2018, 11:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/WTSAq77.gif

Same. Legit cried at this one.

Heebs13
01-13-2018, 12:28 AM
I got a little teary eyed when the end credits started rolling in Final Fantasy Tactics cause I was sad it was over.

Damn what a good game.

hyejin
01-13-2018, 12:30 AM
I was completely baffled by the Aeris scene cuz the internal rules of the Final Fantasy VII narrative are very unclear and her being revived seemed the most likely outcome. I think if it ever caused you to feel emotion there might actually be something wrong with you legitimately. I imagine people like that readily pulling the lever on the gas chamber, then going home and sobbing to Frozen. Everyone in this thread I will assume his trolling, but I had acquaintance with a little queer once who told me very seriously that it made him weep lots. I didn't realize he was trying to fuck me for a number of years after that, such was my purity at the time. Sometimes, I think if I were the sort of little faggot who would cry over Aeris I would have wound up with guilt free and totally legal memories of little 4 foot 11 Twinkie 14-year-old bodies rubbing against mine to treasure, and that I would be a happier girl today. But then again, he was playing league of legends and planning his trip to EDC last time I checked up on the Facebook whereas I turned out pretty cool.

haints
01-13-2018, 01:49 AM
I once masturdbated to dragon age sax scene

Baler
01-13-2018, 02:33 AM
^ I've gotten talked to about that but I really don't care if other people do.

---
I fucked up my pokemon blue when I was younger, I lost my whole team. qq

Baler
01-13-2018, 02:38 AM
mmm I feel you now. I respect you and my professional advice is to roll an anon alt. Apply for guide, Get guide then convince people you're not a guide. Get sirken on board to tell people otherwise. And wrap it all up with a drink at the pub on me!

Baler
01-13-2018, 02:40 AM
ps. I enjoy your sig gif.

Kaight
01-13-2018, 02:41 AM
I'ved cried countless times cause someone called me ugly or fat while i was streaming.

mefdinkins
01-13-2018, 03:38 AM
I'ved cried countless times cause someone called me ugly or fat while i was streaming.

Some may fat fat and ugly but I'm sure your troll face and ogre belly are amazing for roleplaying!!! Just kidding, just kidding! Don't listen to twitch trolls!!

I turned in my 9th Ring and I was the happiest human in all of Norrath leading a valiant Ring War defense against the giants. Until the dwarfs fell through the world on the 16th or 17th Wave (of 21? somewhere about 85-90% done). Each additional wave pushed us back just a little bit and we were falling a little more behind with every giant. When the second to last or last wave spawned, we were overran by giants.

It was very sad watching everything fall apart in front of me. If I was a kid I would have def. shed a tear. Instead I'm an adult so I just cried on the inside and laid awake at night wondering what I could have done differently to protect my Thurg homies. True sadness for sure.

Endorra
01-13-2018, 04:21 AM
Got into live EQ when I was 14, became extremely immersed in my dark elf necromancer. Somewhere in my early 20's I went to najena, fell in the pit trap and died. Died again a couple times trying to get the body. Nerd raged. Parents grounded me from the game for nerd raging, which made the rage intensify to tear-level nerd rage because they didn't understand that the body was gonna rot and I would lose everything. Everything!

Yea. That was some immersion right there.

Nommis
01-13-2018, 07:43 AM
I thought this was pretty sad because at this point of the game you didn't really know Cait Sith's whole story. The way this part played out too with him tripping I thought that maybe at least the cat was real all along because he was rubbing his head. Sheeeit.

https://youtu.be/lrHzvk54-lI

Also one time an Aftermath guy called me gay.

Pokesan
01-13-2018, 12:47 PM
*cough*

you're allowed to say it if that's how you identify

hope this helps

Cecily
01-13-2018, 01:25 PM
I cried for about a week after I went to TMO, a combination of a guilty conscience and people's reactions to my betrayal. The first thing Quickfingers told me after I joined was, "Lol. They hatttte you." People like Visceral made it possible to hate my old guild back and overall made the change easier. The whole thing sucked but god I was sooo much happier in TMO.

Kaight
01-13-2018, 01:37 PM
Some may fat fat and ugly but I'm sure your troll face and ogre belly are amazing for roleplaying!!! Just kidding, just kidding! Don't listen to twitch trolls!!

Just would like to state for the record and my own dignity that I was being sarcastic.

Lulz~Sect
01-13-2018, 01:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jV77TSN.gif

Portsche
01-13-2018, 01:58 PM
I cried for about a week after I went to TMO, a combination of a guilty conscience and people's reactions to my betrayal. The first thing Quickfingers told me after I joined was, "Lol. They hatttte you." People like Visceral made it possible to hate my old guild back and overall made the change easier. The whole thing sucked but god I was sooo much happier in TMO.

<3

skarlorn
01-13-2018, 02:05 PM

I turned in my 9th Ring and I was the happiest human in all of Norrath leading a valiant Ring War defense against the giants. Until the dwarfs fell through the world on the 16th or 17th Wave (of 21? somewhere about 85-90% done). Each additional wave pushed us back just a little bit and we were falling a little more behind with every giant. When the second to last or last wave spawned, we were overran by giants.

It was very sad watching everything fall apart in front of me. If I was a kid I would have def. shed a tear. Instead I'm an adult so I just cried on the inside and laid awake at night wondering what I could have done differently to protect my Thurg homies. True sadness for sure.

Good story was this in BDA

Lhancelot
01-13-2018, 02:56 PM
So let's be honest, have you ever cried over a video game?

No, I never have.

mefdinkins
01-13-2018, 05:12 PM
Just would like to state for the record and my own dignity that I was being sarcastic.

hahaha i stalked your twitch and felt you were being sarcastic... i wouldn't have been so cavalier in my joking response if i felt you were really crying bout it!

i generally only cry once a day when i watch youtube montages and listen to the fast & furious 7 "see you again" song and miss my boy paul walker

Kimmie
01-13-2018, 09:52 PM
I cried when my mommy banned me from EQ when i averaged below C in geometry in 2004.

Mead
01-13-2018, 11:00 PM
also is kimmy in any of these pictures http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/asininecowboy/media/cGF0aDovbF8wZWM2MTg1Nzk2MGQ0ZWQ2YTg5ZTkzZmFjNThiMD c2MS5qcGc=/?ref=

lol first pic "Uploaded by asininecowboy"

http://i.imgur.com/t15g9QW.jpg

Mead
01-14-2018, 12:32 AM
Side mention, are you posting other people's RL pics? :eek:

You are really bad at forumquest bud

applesauce25r624
01-14-2018, 01:18 AM
when Captain Keyes died ;[

hyejin
01-14-2018, 01:19 AM
asinine was a hero

smitho1984
01-14-2018, 01:50 AM
1996... Like 180 stars deep in Mario 64... Got in a fight with little sister and she deleted my memory pack and I had to restart like 2 months worth of progress. You're fucking right I cried.

Smeeter
01-14-2018, 01:58 AM
Didnt cry but was pretty sad. When the twins on FFII sacrificed them self's to save the group. Tragic and sad day for me.

Another sad day was when Trammel came out in Ultima Online and ruined the game. Saddest day in gaming history!

Most pissed off is probably playing Ultima Online on dial up and call waiting would kick you off. Best game I've ever played. Ultima Online in 99 was soooo much fun. My GM thief was a blast and will always be missed.

bhs13501
01-14-2018, 01:09 PM
me and a friend were dueling in commonlands just messing around ,i took it to far and killed him, he was bound far away. he called me up in tears yelling at me, claiming his older brother was gonna beat me up. was fucked up and i felt awful

early in luclin on live, i traded accounts with a friend from school, all was well but i didnt like the chars that much even tho they were higher level. thing is we never officially traded, just swapped passwords cause we diddnt have access to our parents cc's. he moved away and shit got even more convoluted. eventually the credit cards changed and i didnt have an account anymore, so i stopped playing, and parents ended eq sub on the other account.

tried to get parents onboard to get it going again but they were tired of all this unheard of at the time video game credit card bullshit and said fuck off. i felt horrible, i dont remember crying but im pretty sure i did

bhs13501
01-14-2018, 01:21 PM
come to think of it... if that didnt happen i probably would have continued to play live for a long long time, and been one of these hardcore EQ people. instead i stopped at luclin (the glory days, praise be) and didnt return until randomly quitting Rift after a breif stint a few years ago, and thinking... man, all this time im just trying to relive how much fun i had as
a kid way back in everquest. did a few google searches watched a p99 video and the rest is history.

Kawazu
01-14-2018, 05:53 PM

Lies.

mefdinkins
01-15-2018, 12:14 AM
come to think of it... if that didnt happen i probably would have continued to play live for a long long time, and been one of these hardcore EQ people. instead i stopped at luclin (the glory days, praise be) and didnt return until randomly quitting Rift after a breif stint a few years ago, and thinking... man, all this time im just trying to relive how much fun i had as
a kid way back in everquest. did a few google searches watched a p99 video and the rest is history.

that's awesome, welcome back! Originally my post was sort of trolling but Dald hit the nail on the head. The real emotion we feel playing eq all stem from the level of immersion we had as kids! Really can't ever re-create that but P99 does an amazing job!

bhs13501
01-15-2018, 11:10 PM
that's awesome, welcome back! Originally my post was sort of trolling but Dald hit the nail on the head. The real emotion we feel playing eq all stem from the level of immersion we had as kids! Really can't ever re-create that but P99 does an amazing job!

nostalgia junkies anonymous

*p99

Lulz~Sect
01-15-2018, 11:35 PM
loooooool

kjs86z
01-16-2018, 01:10 PM
Cried from laughing so hard when I first saw this go down in 2006:

https://youtu.be/MEpv7YxnLCQ

Ket
01-16-2018, 08:04 PM
I didn't cry, but when my dear ol' ma uninstalled EQ from my computer back in '00, I ran away from home.

And I'd goddamn do it again.