PDA

View Full Version : Edging Pet Casters in XP groups

Frighteous
01-07-2018, 12:05 AM
Okay after a few minutes of time, it seems like people get complacent and forget they have other spells and debuffs and then commence to simply sick the pet (late) on the mob. I'm tellin you there's people out there that edge and play this game, and just try to get into xp groups, play for a quick minute, then start beatin it. I'll see activity from you during ten pulls and then after that, I get pet attack on mobs at 40% health and zero spells being cast from you. Tired of you jerkoff casters jerking off in xp groups on my time. The irony is that you all can solo really well, but you come to COM and hire a fat ogre Warrior to run around pull. Great, I love the game, but I don't wanna work for you unless I like you. I can only like people who I respect, and I don't respect admitted hard drug addicts who aren't doing anything about it, especially when they nuke mobs extra early, making me run around like I'm in a gadamn PoN kite group playing Rogue, fuck. you need to microdose lsd and take up yoga, silly prick.

The other day, it was Christmas Eve actually, there was a monk who afked like three times in twenty minutes...then, he condescendingly said 'Oh, now I'm going to call my parents, sorry, forgot, afk a bit' - I just bailed on the group and went to Kaesora, guess I probably could handle certain things like that better, but the XP really sucked anyway and it wasn't worth being diplomatic. I'm really looking forward to leveling up, getting into a proper guild with people who are usually on the ball to play with.

hyejin
01-07-2018, 12:09 AM
didn't read but I did find it funny

Frighteous
01-07-2018, 12:10 AM
I tried to edit it and jack up the font, hit it with a black background, give the fonts a gold color but can't even edit here.

Kaino
01-07-2018, 12:29 AM
pulling in general is just a pain in the ass, i wont even play some classes knowing they are expected to pull in groups

Canelek
01-07-2018, 06:45 AM
You speak of micro-dosing LSD, but you are obviously up at least an 8-ball on the ski powder.

Rivera
01-07-2018, 07:19 AM
what a way to start off 2018

i fucking agree

also kromulox is a god

skarlorn
01-07-2018, 03:35 PM
Greetings Kromulox you are 100% correct that people have edge while playing EQ. this even happens in raid guilds. You are right of course to prescribe a healthy and awakening lifestyle of micro lsd and good devotional yoga. Greetings Kromulox excellent post

Muggens
01-07-2018, 03:44 PM
Yes its why I only play rogue n wizard, who wants to pull 24/7 to semi afks like me, sorry

HalflingWarrior
01-07-2018, 04:05 PM
pulling in general is just a pain in the ass, i wont even play some classes knowing they are expected to pull in groups

Some monks in xp groups have NP just pulling for hours on end. Give 'em a bless folks!

Nexii
01-07-2018, 04:06 PM
This is why you get group leader, and take charge. AFK = kick

Itap
01-07-2018, 05:38 PM
I feel your pain. I have been leveling a bard recently and seems most of the players AFK in a PUG entirely. Tank engaging too slow, priests barely getting heals off, etc. Then again, grinding in a group setting is extremely boring and monotonous so I can see why players load up netflix and chill.

maskedmelon
01-08-2018, 11:42 AM
I find that sometimes I get shit by people who think I'm not pulling my weight on my mage or necro. They will see a couple late pet focusing and then accuse me of nonsense like being afk a lot.

That behaviour is why I started always parse. Then I can show those ignorant fools how I'm either top or 2nd DPS. Typically they simply shut up after proof. Sometimes though they hilariously claim parsing means nothing and that they "know for a fact" I'm not doing enough.

why don't you just talk or emote stuffs insteada goin all nerdmode with the parses? ^^

also, OP, can you share one the names of the offending pet casters, please krom? this is important.

Frighteous
01-08-2018, 07:43 PM
http://imgflip.com/i/22cf1d

Frighteous
01-08-2018, 07:46 PM
http://i.imgflip.com/22cf1d.jpg

Frighteous
01-08-2018, 07:50 PM
I'm attempting to make the image display with the post. One shitpost at a time.

maskedmelon
01-08-2018, 08:57 PM
I'm attempting to make the image display with the post. One shitpost at a time.

here you go friend:

https://i.imgur.com/M4K3m1I.png

Lulz~Sect
01-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Necro please

Lhancelot
01-08-2018, 11:37 PM
also, OP, can you share one the names of the offending pet casters, please krom? this is important.

This is not allowed in RnF, it's called "bullying" when you show names of other players that do things we rant about now.

Just letting OP know so no reputations are forever sullied. OP, do not name the offenders.

Regarding the rant, I always felt like I was carrying groups on my melee. Basically when you on a tank, get used to doing 75% of the work or more when you a bard/monk pulling.

I prefer soloing just because of this reason tbh. I rather get maximum XP for the time I put in, but obviously as a warrior soloing becomes less of an option especially 50+.

Good luck, and hopefully you find a guild to help you push through to 60.

Hyperbole
01-08-2018, 11:43 PM
I tried my hand at grouping on my incredibly twinked Bard for a while in popular zones (Unrest, Mistmoore, COM). Did charming, pulling, tanking, twisted 4 songs at all times and swapped instruments.

Was a ton of fun, but I noticed the more I did, the less others did. This really burnt me out quick on grouping as in some cases it was basically me powerleveling the rest of the group on-level.

Druids seemed to be the worst with this, I find it odd when a Druid joins and thinks all he needs to do is heal.

Lhancelot
01-08-2018, 11:54 PM
I tried my hand at grouping on my incredibly twinked Bard for a while in popular zones (Unrest, Mistmoore, COM). Did charming, pulling, tanking, twisted 4 songs at all times and swapped instruments.

Was a ton of fun, but I noticed the more I did, the less others did. This really burnt me out quick on grouping as in some cases it was basically me powerleveling the rest of the group on-level.

Druids seemed to be the worst with this, I find it odd when a Druid joins and thinks all he needs to do is heal.

Got my bard to 24 level and quit. It's really a busy class, I found myself pulling, ccing, tanking, and zero appreciation from the groups. Burned out fast. I should have tried meleeing solo on the bard for fun as someone told me this is very viable way to level, but I did not enjoy the song twisting.

Last group we had a Druid, they healed, only started to use thorns on the tank when asked, and never snared one running mob. Some of this is noobing and not being lazy, but still can be frustrating.

Hyperbole
01-08-2018, 11:56 PM
Got my bard to 24 level and quit. It's really a busy class, I found myself pulling, ccing, tanking, and zero appreciation from the groups. Burned out fast. I should have tried meleeing solo on the bard for fun as someone told me this is very viable way to level, but I did not enjoy the song twisting.

Last group we had a Druid, they healed, only started to use thorns on the tank when asked, and never snared one running mob. Some of this is noobing and not being lazy, but still can be frustrating. The bold was the main issue. I don't mind doing the work as I do enjoy it, but the rest of the group not trying and then expecting you to do everything like it's your job to do theirs? Yeah. That's a problem.

Should've at least got to 27, the charm is a game changer.

bloodmuffin
01-09-2018, 12:11 AM
The joy you get when everyone in your group is active and pulls their own weight.

Also, why do I not see pet classes grouping up together? Just think of the power of 5 mages, or any other combination like cleric/mage/necro ect. I don't see people being very creative here.

Jimjam
01-09-2018, 04:37 AM
Social loafing is a thing.

24kanthony
01-09-2018, 04:45 AM
The joy you get when everyone in your group is active and pulls their own weight.

Also, why do I not see pet classes grouping up together? Just think of the power of 5 mages, or any other combination like cleric/mage/necro ect. I don't see people being very creative here.

This

d3r14k
01-09-2018, 10:20 AM

This makes me sad. I main a druid and, needless to say, when I look for a PUG I'm already not exactly desired. Druids that assume their only role is to heal, something that a cleric already does better, isn't helping the position. People that have grouped with me will hit me up because they know I'm not a slouch, and honestly I prefer a good duo with an enchanter or a trio with a tank and DPS rather than a PUG anyway.

Usually when I hop into a group, the first thing I look at is composition. If I'm the only wisdom caster, then it is pretty obvious. If not, I'll be throwing out Chloroplast, Thorns, Spot Healing, Clicky Snaring, DoTing / Clicky DoTting, and Clicky DDing with a Lumi. Druids can really push a mediocre group into a functioning one if done right, but I might be a little bias.