PDA

View Full Version : NASA scientist claims conclusive evidence of alien life.(aka no God).

chtulu
03-06-2011, 01:50 AM
http://journalofcosmology.com/Life100.html

Dr. Hoover has discovered evidence of microfossils similar to Cyanobacteria, in freshly fractured slices of the interior surfaces of the Alais, Ivuna, and Orgueil CI1 carbonaceous meteorites. Based on Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy (FESEM) and other measures, Dr. Hoover has concluded they are indigenous to these meteors and are similar to trichomic cyanobacteria and other trichomic prokaryotes such as filamentous sulfur bacteria. He concludes these fossilized bacteria are not Earthly contaminants but are the fossilized remains of living organisms which lived in the parent bodies of these meteors, e.g. comets, moons, and other astral bodies. The implications are that life is everywhere, and that life on Earth may have come from other planets.

Members of the Scientific community were invited to analyze the results and to write critical commentaries or to speculate about the implications. These commentaries will be published on March 7 through March 10, 2011

Suck it creationists!

h0tr0d (shaere)
03-06-2011, 02:02 AM
hrm

SwordNboard
03-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Oh noes! Microscopic aliens!!

SlankyLanky
03-06-2011, 03:23 AM
i beleive that god created the aliens.

chtulu
03-06-2011, 03:25 AM
i beleive that god created the aliens.

Fucking liar.

nemethor
03-06-2011, 04:27 AM
Chtulu, how do you define God?

chtulu
03-06-2011, 04:38 AM

# the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in monotheistic religions
# deity: any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force

dredge
03-06-2011, 05:00 AM
your a tard

JayDee
03-06-2011, 05:19 AM
She's my cherry pie somethin somethin sweet surprise

looks so good make a grown man cry

Sweet cherry piiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hoggen
03-06-2011, 09:05 AM

He defines god as bacteria. Isn't it obvious? Those things that most resemble himself.

mimixownzall
03-06-2011, 09:05 AM
God tells Chtulu, "Obsess much?"

Autotune
03-06-2011, 10:41 AM
I like to picture the devil as the good guy, and god as the bad guy.

God came down and raped a woman who then had a kid who was half human. Then that half human, Jesus, told a bunch of lies and id parlor tricks to convince everyone that God was good and the Devil was evil. hmmm God.. Good... Devil...Evil. Yep the branded him with the name devil to mark him as evil. Now everyone blames the good guy (Lucifer) for all the bad things, and thank God (hasn't told us his name) for all the good things.

& no one knows for sure one way or the other, because of that book that was written by old people from years back. Back when they were trying to convert everyone and take over more lands.

OMG I figured it out!

Uaellaen
03-06-2011, 10:47 AM
first of all ... i do not belive in "god" as diety ... but who is to say that the whole universe isn't some experiment from someone? like maybe we are a giant ant farm!

so since we dont know, why not stop fighting and invest that energy into finding out!

Supreme
03-06-2011, 11:33 AM
think outside the box.

nemethor
03-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Chtulu, check out Socrate's PD (priority of definition) thesis here (http://philosophyfaculty.ucsd.edu/faculty/rickless/Phil100/Phil100-Socratic%20Definition.htm).

What it boils down to is that you can't have a debate about something if you're using the same word to describe two different things. Arguments driven by equivocation are a waste of time.

The same God that you don't believe, I also don't believe in.

nemethor
03-06-2011, 02:17 PM
To bring the point home, here's a stab at my definition of God, though its difficult to pin-point.

God is whatever force created the universe and determined its properties. The fundamental (and perhaps only) property of this force is that its beyond our comprehension. The universe is unfathomably vast and our understanding of it is infinitesimally small. What is our relationship to the unknown, the unfathomable? Do we reject the unknown and restrict ourselves to the meager limits of the demonstrable which is a kind of hegemony, a kind of internal and external violence? Or do we seek a relationship with the unknown, relate to that which lies beyond the strict boundaries of our limited reason, which serves its function but is limited in scope?

Ultimately, this is a very personal choice. I respect your decision to not to have a relationship with the unfathomable. I was a virulent atheist for a long time, until I realized that I rejected something based on misinformation. Just try to have an open mind is what I'm trying to say, and ask the right questions--if you want to learn.

Seaweedpimp
03-06-2011, 03:46 PM
You stupid motherfucker, do you know how many might believe in A god much less the christain god? Prolly 1/2.

We all know hes not real, and for some of us he is. Who gives a fuck. Who gives a fuck. Who gives a fucking fuck.

Nooooboooodddyyyyy

Saskrotch
03-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Just be an atheist and quit trying to deconvert people. I'm an atheist and I don't spend my time trying to convince people there is no god. It doesn't benefit me in anyway if I can deconvert people.

http://www.dailyawesome.com/images/atheists1.jpg

Henri
03-06-2011, 05:24 PM
You started another thread about your thoughts on religion?

Pico
03-06-2011, 05:30 PM
scientists discover alien life, chtulu still a virgin

Supreme
03-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I used to be an atheist.

But then i realized that there is too much creation for it to have been randomly designed. To think that a Divine being plays a role in our every day lives is arrogant and naive.

But to say one does not even exist is parallel to saying that there is no life anywhere else in the universe but Earth.

Glitterati
03-06-2011, 06:11 PM
The Vatican actually has astronomers and astrobiologists working for them already, this is not old news. They've said that the existence of extraterrestrials does not preclude a belief in God. Astrologist Father Gabriel Funes has said:

“Just like there is an abundance of creatures on earth, there could also be other beings, even intelligent ones, that were created by God. That doesn’t contradict our faith, because we cannot put boundaries to God’s creative freedom. As saint Francis would say, when we consider the earthly creatures to be our “brothers and sisters”, why couldn’t we also talk about a “extraterrestrial brother”? He would still be part of creation.”

I was raised Orthodox so I don't even recognize the pope as a person of power within the religion I was raised in, but these are the main go to guys for Catholics. To think out of the millions of galaxies there isn't some form of life out there is just naive.

Humerox
03-06-2011, 06:31 PM
the heck with the god debate.

this is a fantastic find, and changes everything for us.

SlankyLanky
03-06-2011, 07:06 PM
god made me get loaded last night and think it was a good idea to explain why god isnt real to p1999

wodiranger
03-06-2011, 07:26 PM
so cthulu, you dont believe that after you die, there is no afterlife?

wodiranger
03-06-2011, 07:36 PM
what i was taught being a little girl, though i cant say i have faith in my old guidance, but that some dude named God, or more divine Heavenly Father, being pretty much a master of all matter, universe, galaxy, space/time, and there are more then one of these figures through out the cosmos

that they create spirit children, and these spirit children are allowed to go have a body and this life time is the final test (that of in which Lucifer, now a fallen angel Satan, led 2/3 of the host of heaven to follow with him) so they were cast out to earth, not allowed a body, where those who didnt follow Satan, were given a body, and through this body you have to listen to the almighty dude, and go to his temple(s) and stay faithfull, fervent, and obediant to his commands, and you will recieve his glory of heaven, or you go to the kingdom of christ, or hell

i grew up lds, but i dont pratice very much at all, but i am a huge fan of zechariah sitchens books, some of it is hogus bogus, though he leaves out the lovely touch of the Divine

growing up, i got into alot of darker things, reading Crowleys works, read alot of HP Lovecraft, last night alone, i watched the new episode of ancient aliens, and this episode was on the nazi scientist, and the top scientist guy, forgot his name, something herman i think, but he said to someone who asked how did you get this technology? and he replied, them, they taught us, and the guy replied who? the guy said the aliens

could be hog wash because i know they put made up things in shows to get ratings up, but that was interesting

wodiranger
03-06-2011, 07:38 PM
all atheist here should smoke a ton of weed, the next day take some acid, then after that, shrooms, salvia, and finally take a week off being sober, exercise, do some yoga, eat healthy

then do some DMT, tell me what do you believe after now?

Uaellaen
03-06-2011, 08:32 PM
that drugs n rock n roll are fun?

bizzum
03-06-2011, 08:34 PM
I don't think believing in God or aliens is a prerequisite for not being able to believe in the other. While it may be sad that I remember this article from over 2 years ago, check it (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7399661.stm).

He's probably jealous of them anyways, not having those sins and shit.

Saskrotch
03-06-2011, 08:49 PM
all atheist here should smoke a ton of weed, the next day take some acid, then after that, shrooms, salvia, and finally take a week off being sober, exercise, do some yoga, eat healthy

then do some DMT, tell me what do you believe after now?

Did you vomit on your keyboard and this is what came out?

chtulu
03-06-2011, 09:53 PM
The universe is already amazing, complex and beautiful as it is. Is it really necessary to try to conjecture that there is magical tea pot (or a God) floating in space that created all this?

Stop ruining the sheer beauty of the universe by saying it was created in a few days by some omnipotent being that also refuses to intervene acts of evil.

nemethor
03-06-2011, 10:22 PM
"virgin blames god" made me lol. whoever wrote that is brilliant.

Badmartigan
03-06-2011, 10:44 PM
The universe is already amazing, complex and beautiful as it is. Is it really necessary to try to conjecture that there is magical tea pot (or a God) floating in space that created all this?

Stop ruining the sheer beauty of the universe by saying it was created in a few days by some omnipotent being that also refuses to intervene acts of evil.

waiting for you to spew something out that is your own..

All you do is repeat what others have said and stances they have taken... be your own person brew...

JayDee
03-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Time is an illusion. There is no beginning and no end. There is no parameter to space yet it is growing at an increasing rate. There are an endless amount of parallel universes.

Everything I just typed is impossible yet a reality.

xnolanx
03-07-2011, 12:28 AM
let the probing commence

Saskrotch
03-07-2011, 01:46 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6GLKzp2GRj4?autoplay=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hoggen
03-07-2011, 07:42 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110307/ap_on_sc/us_sci_alien_life

Harrison
03-07-2011, 08:20 PM
If this kid was any dumber he would absorb intelligence from those around him and obliterate all intelligence on this planet.

nemethor
03-08-2011, 02:14 AM
If this kid was any dumber he would absorb intelligence from those around him and obliterate all intelligence on this planet.

this

Japan
03-08-2011, 04:20 AM
just in case anyone is actually taking this claim seriously, read the PZ Myers' debunk on pharyngula

also i doubt one unsubstantiated claim has any influence on the validity of other unsubstantiated claims

Humerox
03-08-2011, 04:23 AM
Scientists are pretty much saying Hoover is a dumbass. (http://rrresearch.blogspot.com/2011/03/is-this-claim-of-bacteria-in-meteorite.html)

I was excited...for a while.

:(

chtulu
03-08-2011, 05:24 AM
Even the scientific community has trolls.

Harrison
03-08-2011, 05:33 AM
In no way does life in another place in the universe even remotely begin to disprove the existence of a deity, at all.

/thread

Plumb
03-08-2011, 10:08 AM
All should be grateful that there are religions for people who need them. Try to imagine what all these people would be doing if they didn't have anything of the sort to keep themselves occupied with.... ... .. .:eek:

Uaellaen
03-08-2011, 10:10 AM
All should be grateful that there are religions for people who need them. Try to imagine what all these people would be doing if they didn't have anything of the sort to keep themselves occupied with.... ... .. .:eek:

i have an idea ... camp nameds!

Plumb
03-08-2011, 10:22 AM
I just realized that this was probably the wrong place to post that... lol

Kraftwerk
03-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Aliens have been here for decades already:

http://scifiology.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Christopher_Eccleston-Dr_Wh.jpg

Badmartigan
03-08-2011, 02:12 PM
dr hoover is a hack btw..

Also, god throws these things out there to test our faith.

chtulu
03-08-2011, 05:01 PM
dr hoover is a hack btw..

Also, god throws these things out there to test our faith.

What a stupid answer.

So God has time to try to deceive us into potentially damning our souls, but doesn't have the decency to prevent genocides or other horrific events?

Harrison
03-08-2011, 05:22 PM
What a stupid answer.

So God has time to try to deceive us into potentially damning our souls, but doesn't have the decency to prevent genocides or other horrific events?

We have free will. What would existence's purpose be if they controlled, through divine intervention, all things? This is assuming a deity had a hand in the creation, of course. It wouldn't make sense to allow free will, and then to stop specific acts born of it.

Why bother giving life free will, and the ability to do evil at all, if they're just going to stop all evil? That's fucking stupid.

So, because people choose to do evil, the deity or deities involved with existence are somehow evil for not stopping it? Lol what a retarded way of thinking. (Not surprising seeing the regurgitated ignorance you spew regularly...You have no original thought. You are a tool.)

TL;DR

Chtulu is a fucking slackjawed retard.

Pico
03-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Why would God give man the ability to reason and deduce, the driving factor that has allowed us to thrive as a race, and then expect us to believe in him on sheer faith alone?

Or how can someone really "decide" to be evil, when people are products of their environment?

Also you're both retards.

Harrison
03-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Why would God give man the ability to reason and deduce, the driving factor that has allowed us to thrive as a race, and then expect us to believe in him on sheer faith alone?

What makes you think he/she/it does? You are thinking too small, like most people.

You are so locked into the close-minded box you can't think objectively about it at all.

JayDee
03-08-2011, 05:52 PM
My post was the best one in this thread

JayDee
03-08-2011, 05:52 PM
and that one was the 2nd, this is the 3rd

Pico
03-08-2011, 05:55 PM
What makes you think he/she/it does? You are thinking too small, like most people.

You are so locked into the close-minded box you can't think objectively about it at all.

I thought it was pretty obvious we're talking about the Christian God here, in which case He does. Specifically in response to badmartigan's post. But way to be an obnoxious autistic retard literally drooling over the chance to call someone close-minded over the internet.

Harrison
03-08-2011, 06:00 PM
You are close-minded. You took a broad subject and locked it into one pigeonhole, because you're incapable of looking beyond it else you'll lose your sandy foundation of hateful ignorance to spew from.

Pico
03-08-2011, 06:09 PM
You are close-minded. You took a broad subject and locked it into one pigeonhole, because you're incapable of looking beyond it else you'll lose your sandy foundation of hateful ignorance to spew from.

Why would God give man the ability to reason and deduce

I take that back because you're logic is lol

you're mistaking my arguments on something that has already been brought up as my sole beliefs about the supernatural. like I said, you will jump at the chance to call anyone close-minded. your smug, misplaced sense of intellectual superiority on the internet is probably a result of crippling self-esteem issues. seek therapy.

Pico
03-08-2011, 06:12 PM
hateful ignorance to spew from.

please point to this hateful ignorance I have apparently spewed in this thread towards theists?? oops looks like someone's projecting their preconceptions onto others! could it be harrison?? no way.

Harrison
03-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I take that back because you're logic is lol

you're mistaking my arguments on something that has already been brought up as my sole beliefs about the supernatural. like I said, you will jump at the chance to call anyone close-minded. your smug, misplaced sense of intellectual superiority on the internet is probably a result of crippling self-esteem issues. seek therapy.

Don't quit your dayjob, Freud.

You can't spell and yet you think you're capable of a psycho analysis on the forums based on my calling you out on your hateful drivel. :rolleyes:

Pico
03-08-2011, 06:21 PM
aha and now a retort calling me out on a common spelling error! pure genius! what's next in your repertoire of argument-dodging abilities?

Muchew
03-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Seems like a serious discovery. I'm not familiar with that type of scientific journals and publications, but it seems the "journal of Cosmology" needs a new website developer if they are a reputable source.

Gorgetrapper
03-08-2011, 07:17 PM
aha and now a retort calling me out on a common spelling error! pure genius! what's next in your repertoire of argument-dodging abilities?

I honestly don't see it as a common spelling error, but more along the lines of "common wrong-word usage" instead. Spelling something wrong would be like this: thsi. You however, used you're in place of the actual word your.

chtulu
03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Harrison is my favorite troll. He goes with the knee-jerk reaction route.

Saskrotch
03-09-2011, 01:13 AM
If you keep trying to convince people to turn to atheism there won't be anyone left to turn our noses up at.

Badmartigan
03-09-2011, 03:27 PM
What a stupid answer.

My faith is still strong.. God is great and no good.deed goes unpunished.

IDE like to go over some bible verses with you sometime and help you understand the glory that is faith i'n god.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
03-09-2011, 03:35 PM
jesus.

fastboy21
03-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Seems like a serious discovery. I'm not familiar with that type of scientific journals and publications, but it seems the "journal of Cosmology" needs a new website developer if they are a reputable source.

lol

this guy is most definitely **not** a reputable source. just because he is published doesn't make his research believable. a simple search will prob turn up what his peers think of his findings.

JayDee
03-10-2011, 12:39 AM
What do you have to gain by convincing someone that their faith is bogus.

Harrison
03-10-2011, 01:08 AM
It's a defense mechanism. He knows he's an idiot, so he chooses the largest audience he can find fault with, and religion is good for that outlet alone.

However, anyone with any modicum of metaphysical argument experience, knows he's just regurgitating bullshit said by other hateful morons. He hasn't had an original thought in two whole threads now.

hedbonker
03-10-2011, 02:34 AM
http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=32928

Bakaris
03-10-2011, 03:50 AM
Article is interesting! Would be awesome to have found alien life and try found out how they evolved and what it consist of.

Religion - Thats up to one self - I am happy with my non religious life :)

Gukag
03-10-2011, 08:18 AM
"No, no, no. No no no no no no no no.

No, no.

No.

Fox News broke the story, which ought to make one immediately suspicious — it's not an organization noted for scientific acumen. But even worse, the paper claiming the discovery of bacteria fossils in carbonaceous chondrites was published in … the Journal of Cosmology. I've mentioned Cosmology before — it isn't a real science journal at all, but is the ginned-up website of a small group of crank academics obsessed with the idea of Hoyle and Wickramasinghe that life originated in outer space and simply rained down on Earth. It doesn't exist in print, consists entirely of a crude and ugly website that looks like it was sucked through a wormhole from the 1990s, and publishes lots of empty noise with no substantial editorial restraint. For a while, it seemed to be entirely the domain of a crackpot named Rhawn Joseph who called himself the emeritus professor of something mysteriously called the Brain Research Laboratory, based in the general neighborhood of Northern California (seriously, that was the address: "Northern California"), and self-published all of his pseudo-scientific "publications" on this web site.

It is not an auspicious beginning. Finding credible evidence of extraterrestrial microbes is the kind of thing you'd expect to see published in Science or Nature, but the fact that it found a home on a fringe website that pretends to be a legitimate science journal ought to set off alarms right there.

But could it be that by some clumsy accident of the author, a fabulously insightful, meticulously researched paper could have fallen into the hands of single-minded lunatics who rushed it into 'print'? Sure. And David Icke might someday publish the working plans for a perpetual motion machine in his lizardoid-infested newsletter. We've actually got to look at the claims and not dismiss them because of their location.

So let's look at the paper, Fossils of Cyanobacteria in CI1 Carbonaceous Meteorites: Implications to Life on Comets, Europa, and Enceladus. I think that link will work; I'm not certain, because the "Journal of Cosmology" seems to randomly redirect links to its site to whatever article the editors think is hot right now, and while the article title is given a link on the page, it's to an Amazon page that's flogging a $94 book by the author. Who needs a DOI when you've got a book to sell?

Reading the text, my impression is one of excessive padding. It's a dump of miscellaneous facts about carbonaceous chondrites, not well-honed arguments edited to promote concision or cogency. The figures are annoying; when you skim through them, several will jump out at you as very provocative and looking an awful lot like real bacteria, but then without exception they all turn out to be photos of terrestrial organisms thrown in for reference. The extraterrestrial 'bacteria' all look like random mineral squiggles and bumps on a field full of random squiggles and bumps, and apparently, the authors thought some particular squiggle looked sort of like some photo of a bug. This isn't science, it's pareidolia. They might as well be analyzing Martian satellite photos for pictures that sorta kinda look like artifacts.

The data consists almost entirely of SEM photos of odd globules and filaments on the complex surfaces of crumbled up meteorites, with interspersed SEMs of miscellaneous real bacteria taken from various sources — they seem to be proud of having analyzed flakes of mummy skin and hair from frozen mammoths, but I couldn't see the point at all — do they have cause to think the substrate of a chondrite might have some correspondence to a Siberian Pleistocene mammoth guard hair? I'd be more impressed if they'd surveyed the population of weird little lumps in their rocks and found the kind of consistent morphology in a subset that you'd find in a population of bacteria. Instead, it's a wild collection of one-offs.

There is one other kind of datum in the article: they also analyzed the mineral content of the 'bacteria', and report detailed breakdowns of the constitution of the blobs: there's lots of carbon, magnesium, silicon, and sulfur in there, and virtually no nitrogen. The profiles don't look anything like what you'd expect from organic life on Earth, but then, these are supposedly fossilized specimens from chondrites that congealed out of the gases of the solar nebula billions of years ago. Why would you expect any kind of correspondence?

The extraterrestrial 'bacteria' photos are a pain to browse through, as well, because they are published at a range of different magnifications, and even when they are directly comparing an SEM of one to an SEM of a real bacterium, they can't be bothered to put them at the same scale. Peering at them and mentally tweaking the size, though, one surprising result is that all of their boojums are relatively huge — these would be big critters, more similar in size to eukaryotic cells than E. coli. And all of them preserved so well, not crushed into a smear of carbon, not ruptured and evaporated away, all just sitting there, posing, like a few billion years in a vacuum was a day in the park. Who knew that milling about in a comet for the lifetime of a solar system was such a great preservative?

I'm looking forward to the publication next year of the discovery of an extraterrestrial rabbit in a meteor. While they're at it, they might as well throw in a bigfoot print on the surface and chupacabra coprolite from space. All will be about as convincing as this story.

While they're at it, maybe they should try publishing it in a journal with some reputation for rigorous peer review and expectation that the data will meet certain minimal standards of evidence and professionalism.

Otherwise, this work is garbage. I'm surprised anyone is granting it any credibility at all."

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011/03/did_scientists_discover_bacter.php

Gukag
03-10-2011, 08:23 AM
So basically the OP is a gullible idiot who will believe anything at the word of what he considers a source of authority. Oh, irony.

gnomishfirework
03-10-2011, 08:38 AM
To bring the point home, here's a stab at my definition of God, though its difficult to pin-point.

God is whatever force created the universe and determined its properties. The fundamental (and perhaps only) property of this force is that its beyond our comprehension. The universe is unfathomably vast and our understanding of it is infinitesimally small. What is our relationship to the unknown, the unfathomable? Do we reject the unknown and restrict ourselves to the meager limits of the demonstrable which is a kind of hegemony, a kind of internal and external violence? Or do we seek a relationship with the unknown, relate to that which lies beyond the strict boundaries of our limited reason, which serves its function but is limited in scope?

Ultimately, this is a very personal choice. I respect your decision to not to have a relationship with the unfathomable. I was a virulent atheist for a long time, until I realized that I rejected something based on misinformation. Just try to have an open mind is what I'm trying to say, and ask the right questions--if you want to learn.

Lol. What misinformation?

There is no information to suggest a creator or creative force or whatever bullshit description you want to give.

If there is information that suggest such a thing that we have yet to discover or understand, as far as we are concerned there is no information.

I do not think life is anything but an amazing event that happened. I refuse to acknowledge any view based on speculation or wishful thinking.

I will not respect such belief as well. It is no more deserving of respect than the belief that carries exist. I'd be pleased and amazed to find it true, but at the moment there isn't any rational reason to.

gnomishfirework
03-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Just be an atheist and quit trying to deconvert people. I'm an atheist and I don't spend my time trying to convince people there is no god. It doesn't benefit me in anyway if I can deconvert people.

Say that to someone living in a Muslim country facing death or someone in the united states where religious had shaped legislature.

Harrison
03-10-2011, 08:48 AM
So basically the OP is a gullible idiot who will believe anything at the word of what he considers a source of authority. Oh, irony.

We determined this 100 pages ago worth of his regurgitated idiocy lol

I don't even particularly believe in a God or deities in general.

I've found myself arguing against hardcore morons like him more often than the religious side, though. They take their beliefs and keep them as such more often than not.

His kind feel the need to prove to the other how dumb they are. :rolleyes:

This makes me feel the need to reverse the tables on them.

Alexu
03-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Peace & Love!

braveheart
03-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I cant wait until everybody is intelligent enough to understand there is no heaven in the clouds... If I live that long...

quellren
03-12-2011, 05:15 PM
I cant wait until everybody is intelligent enough to understand there is no heaven in the clouds... If I live that long...

This will never happen. the stupid ones breed fastest.

Daldaen
03-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I like how alien life = no God in the title. That is a really large leap.

Humerox
03-12-2011, 05:51 PM
I just nailed Hoover's ass to the wall.

Harrison
03-12-2011, 08:30 PM

Lack of an afterlife doesn't disprove the lack of a deity.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Don't hurt yourself trying to think outside of that little ignorant sphere of yours where any belief other than your own is born from stupidity.

zimmerr
03-12-2011, 08:52 PM
We are made out of the most common elements in the universe, life is ineviable it is everywhere.. but intill we can travel fast and communicate across vast distances quickly.. we really cant do much.

Pico
03-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Lack of an afterlife doesn't disprove the lack of a deity.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Don't hurt yourself trying to think outside of that little ignorant sphere of yours where any belief other than your own is born from stupidity.

Please explain exactly how he said no afterlife = no god.

Harrison
03-12-2011, 09:27 PM
That is the subject of this thread.

Things that they mistakenly think disprove a deity.

Pico
03-12-2011, 09:34 PM
That is the subject of this thread.

Things that they mistakenly think disprove a deity.

I know this might be hard for you to comprehend, but sometimes specific replies in a thread stray from the OP :eek:

milo2689
03-13-2011, 03:38 AM
People who believe in God are almost as lame as people who drive a Prius!

JayDee
03-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Here's a pleasant song about Science

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBM2iGXrshU

JayDee
03-14-2011, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=JayDee;238099]Here's a pleasant song about Science

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcNOmFSFUNM

JayDee
03-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Im drunk but the second link has lyrics

JayDee
03-14-2011, 06:22 PM
QUAD POST ULTRAAA ULTRAAA ULTRAAA

http://www.teamteabag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/killer-instinct.jpg

maultar
03-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Man made the good book, creation could still be legit, why not? Doesn't mean the book is correct though. I trust man as far as I can throw em. Especially back then.