PDA

View Full Version : <Auld Lang Syne> comes to Red as <Auld Lang Sigh>

b_rob242
11-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Hey folks!
Some blue players in progression guild <Auld Lang Syne> have formed a Red version of our guild, <Auld Lang Sigh>. We’ve heard a lot about Red and it seems like an interesting endeavor. We aren’t trying to muscle in on territory, as if a bunch of Amish could at this point. Just looking for a good time, earning our way through Norrath.
We strive, as we do on Blue, to live by a no-PL, no-Gifting lifestyle. It makes finding that first cracked staff or backpack on a skeleton an amazing victory!

We are just getting started, so recruitment is a little slow going but we hope to get up and running soon! Roll an alt with us and see if we are a fit.

/who all Auld and ask for an officer!

Thanks!
Maggie <ALS - Red>

MiRo2
11-15-2017, 08:46 PM
But seriously, if you want to play Red, hit me up on Winla and I'll link you up with some people to play with, or we can create brand new characters in Qeynos and only equip what we loot if that is more your style.

Its happening!

I just rolled a level 1 wizard in Qeynos.

b_rob242
11-15-2017, 08:57 PM
Its happening!

I just rolled a level 1 wizard in Qeynos.

Awesome! We are setting up the officer acct to have guild tagging alts in all starter zones. The original ALS rules apply to Red, so if you are interested, you can review our charter at:

http://auldlangsyne.gamerlaunch.com

Also we are on Discord (link in my signature)

Cylock
11-15-2017, 11:30 PM
Welcome to red99! I am really happy to see you guys on the server!

If you haven't already, in your downtime you can check out this (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148787) thread.

Happy adventures!

Fragged
11-16-2017, 04:02 AM
You guys are awesome, I wish you the best of luck!

Loto
11-16-2017, 05:36 AM
I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

AzzarTheGod
11-16-2017, 07:50 AM
This could be huge for red. If you were considering trying red, now is the time to get in.

Red doesn't deserve an Auld Lang chapter so you guys better treat them right.

b_rob242
11-16-2017, 11:42 AM
Hey thanks for the warm welcome! We are getting ourselves established and such. Some of our blue players know Red from before and have had generally good things to say about it. We aren’t looking for fights but are ready to join in the PVP action if it comes our way. The server fits us as there is little in the way of PL’g due to low population, especially in the areas we’re currently in.
Say Hi and consider rolling a toon with us. We have at least one fellow who is close to making Banded Armor (don’t laugh! That’s huge for us!) so we can get our folks some gear.

If you aren’t aware, we do not take handouts or gifts. Thank you to anyone who would offer to our members and understand if they decline (hopefully in a respectful way).

Thanks again Maggie (on Red)

kotton05
11-16-2017, 12:22 PM
You will have lots of fun. The xp bonus makes the pure alt quest so great.

tnttoken
11-16-2017, 12:49 PM
I understand you guys don't take handouts, but if you do ever need anything as far as some buffs or ports or cheap gear hmu. Just ask for Metroid.

Amyas
11-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Welcome

skarlorn
11-16-2017, 03:32 PM
This could be huge for red. If you were considering trying red, now is the time to get in.

Red doesn't deserve an Auld Lang chapter so you guys better treat them right.

Servant
11-16-2017, 07:35 PM
God you'd be doing me a favor if you'd let me clean out my bank gifting to you guys :)

What kinds of help do you and don't you accept? Ports to get a group going? High level rogues or necros helping on CRs? Incidental buffs from high level druids that happened upon your group? The line between normal interactions and powerleveling is very blurred on red, what with the population being so skewed towards 50+ players. If I have a high level character and I kick down some gear to my low level alt in ALS, have I transgressed against the honor of the guild?

I'm interested to see how this all plays out, because there's a very different dynamic on red - gear is gifted more often than it is sold, by far. Also, since the experience bonus is so huge, especially in full groups - you are going to SERIOUSLY outlevel your gear in a way you cannot predict coming from the blue experience. Like for real, you may well still be wielding that cracked staff at level 50, meaning that the higher you level, the bigger an albatross you might find yourself becoming around the necks of your groupmates. I have some odd pieces of cloth and bronze on several of my 50+ characters, because all you need to do is blink once slowly and you find yourself level 50, and then that's where the true red experience begins.

In any event, just talking shop - welcome to Red, we're mighty pleased to have ya :)

b_rob242
11-16-2017, 07:39 PM
I understand you guys don't take handouts, but if you do ever need anything as far as some buffs or ports or cheap gear hmu. Just ask for Metroid.

That’s correct! We play by a very strict rule set. We don’t necessarily click off buffs (or at least we aren’t required to) but we don’t actively participate in say a high level Druid just hanging out at Orc 1 and buffing us to the Teeth. LOL. We want to experience Norrath in all its glory.

I caught wind that we had our first PVP kill by someone outside ALS. So we’re getting into that aspect. We are glad for a warm welcome and hope to contribute to the growth and expansion of the Red population.

Thanks! (Maggie on Red)

b_rob242
11-16-2017, 07:50 PM
God you'd be doing me a favor if you'd let me clean out my bank gifting to you guys :)

What kinds of help do you and don't you accept? Ports to get a group going? ...

Servant,
Thanks for the offers. We have a couple Aulders who have Druids that ported a few of us around at the beginning but we are sticking to the experience of boats and such for now.

If someone offers ports, that is up to the Aulders to accept (and pay) or decline. We don’t actively ask for buffs or ports from outside the zone we are in.

We have a closed economy on Blue (we only buy/sell within the guild), but as you said there is not really an “EC tunnel” on Red to avoid, but we avoid the handouts as well. If we can’t kill, loot or craft it, we will wait til we can. :-)
We plan to mostly level together, so it will be slower than usual and we want to crawl some dungeons and gear up along the way in similar fashion as we have on Blue.

It will definitely be a new experience but one I believe we can have and maintain our way of life. :-)

pgerman
11-17-2017, 02:21 AM
these people make me sick, someone grief them off the box before I have a stroke, or worst yet

have to re install the game and play again

new players with the capacity for actual tears, someone better have fun with this

tnttoken
11-17-2017, 10:07 AM
No worries guys... any character piloted by Outer is a shitcan and you guys will be gifted free kills!

Ardok
11-17-2017, 02:54 PM
dont worry about the inbred hillbillies like outer and his ronin/epidemic toxic waste. they are part of the reason this server has a bad rep. honestly, there are alot of good normal people here enjoy your time here :) also i’ll make a char with you guys soon as i get back from vacation at the end of the month! stick it out guys.

Rainik Stormseeker
11-17-2017, 06:06 PM
'tis OK, we will not be deterred ;)

baxters
11-18-2017, 03:47 AM
Sounds fun. Welcome

Cylock
11-20-2017, 02:07 AM
If you guys want to welcome them to the server that’s fine. All other posts, you can make a thread in the proper forum. Thanks for your cooperation

Shrubwise
11-20-2017, 10:03 PM
No trolling guild discussion. It’s the rulez ~

b_rob242
11-21-2017, 03:46 AM
If there is any misconduct in-game toward others from an ALS player, the best course of action would be to seek an officer in-game to handle it. I have not heard of this occurrence thus far.

Kirban
11-23-2017, 10:13 AM
Welcome!

Outer
11-23-2017, 12:40 PM
Welcome! So glad more bluebies joined the red server!

Servant
11-24-2017, 02:53 PM
Hunted with a couple ALS last night in mistmoore, seemed like a happy crew. Glad they've come to make a new home on red, and hopefully some more of their friends from blue will dip a toe in as well and find it to their liking.

medievalerror
11-25-2017, 09:31 PM
Do you have any level limits for recruitment, my friends? 45 Wizard here (and, I assure you, as poorly geared as you'd expect!). --Ravenlok.

bestovv
11-26-2017, 10:19 PM
see you on the battlefield, pansy elfs

Rainik Stormseeker
11-27-2017, 02:13 AM
Hello Ravenlok -- yes. we're sticking to our lvl 15 max cap to join that we have on blue.

p.pumpjob
11-27-2017, 04:26 PM
What are your goals

MerkelMacron
01-15-2018, 10:11 PM
Did.....did they prosper?

Baugi
01-16-2018, 01:50 AM
Did.....did they prosper?

Members I met had a blast until they started hitting their 50s and finding the dedicated trainers. Think they lost critical mass sometime over the holidays.

MerkelMacron
01-16-2018, 07:47 AM
Members I met had a blast until they started hitting their 50s and finding the dedicated trainers. Think they lost critical mass sometime over the holidays.

RIP

who where the trainers? name and shame

Baugi
01-16-2018, 11:59 AM
RIP

who where the trainers? name and shame

Sounds productive.

HippoNipple
01-16-2018, 12:15 PM
They survived the low population grind and twinks but it was getting trained a couple times after being 50+ that did them in. It wasn't the stale end game with nothing to do besides join Apex and afk raid the same content for eternity that did them in.

Baugi
01-16-2018, 01:18 PM
It's almost like people are cool with PVP and the progression struggle, but not with broken griefing mechanics that are supposedly against server policy. Weird.

HippoNipple
01-16-2018, 02:36 PM
So do people just create huge trains and then lose them in creative ways to avoid blatant rule breaking/banning?

If mass pvp happens, which it is very rare and only for a limited time between end game guilds, trains occur. I'm not sure what this guy is talking about but if one guy is just training a newbie guild on purpose they get banned. Maybe with Cylock leaving people are getting away with it but still very unlikely that a guild left due to training.

skarlorn
01-16-2018, 02:42 PM
They survived the low population grind and twinks but it was getting trained a couple times after being 50+ that did them in. It wasn't the stale end game with nothing to do besides join Apex and afk raid the same content for eternity that did them in.

yo this is literally why I quit red. Nothing quite like getting trained by a couple 60s as you and your 3 friends in rags fight toward sol b efreeti.

Baugi
01-16-2018, 03:05 PM
If mass pvp happens, which it is very rare and only for a limited time between end game guilds, trains occur. I'm not sure what this guy is talking about but if one guy is just training a newbie guild on purpose they get banned. Maybe with Cylock leaving people are getting away with it but still very unlikely that a guild left due to training.

When was the last time you played friend? I feel like we're talking about two different servers.

Beastagoog
01-16-2018, 03:38 PM
When was the last time you played friend? I feel like we're talking about two different servers.

~3-3.5 years since this dude logged in (not even joking)

he was forced to quit the game to work extra hours because his partner got pregnant (this is a good thing, shows maturity) but where it get's weird is he posts about been rich and wealthy but life doesn't afford him time to play EQ and he has to work extra hours to afford a child ( something not adding up you see )

Jazzy
01-16-2018, 03:52 PM
How does farzo have so much rl info on various posters?

Beastagoog
01-16-2018, 04:53 PM

pretty sure it's a tzu war thing.

1. know you enemy

2. give them info about yourself that they think is offensive to you so they repeat it like drones ( i.e renting garage out, like duh? $ maker ) so when it comes time for a slap down they are shoot blanks 24/7

3. destroy them from in the inside out slowly

HippoNipple
01-16-2018, 04:59 PM

Farzo has been ridiculed to the point of breaking down and his brain has created an alternate reality to keep him safe.

I have plenty of time to play and never mentioned being rich on here but when real life comes up he gets very defensive when it is obvious others are doing much better than him.

He is right about me having kids though.

SamwiseRed
01-19-2018, 11:28 PM
ive heard this guild name before, i think it was from some druggy who was ODing.

Kaino
01-20-2018, 02:04 AM
https://i.imgur.com/h5NleQU.jpg?1

fan D
01-20-2018, 06:59 PM
Hey B Rob and all Auld Lang Syne

be careful of this man, Metoid, you've been warned

This player is known scummer. He recently stripped all the items off his friends account and also shared his friends login info with half of his guild. He took the trusted information his friend gave him and proceeded to shit all over it, let anyone and everyone play his toons. Now his friends account is in serious jeopardy of blanket bans. Metroid doesn't even realize what he did was wrong -- the man is a serious psycopath. You've been warned.

skarlorn
01-20-2018, 09:18 PM
god jesus lord baby christ and krishna sirlious makes me cry tears of cum

SamwiseRed
01-21-2018, 03:39 PM
may the narcan reach you all in your time of need

Beastagoog
01-23-2018, 09:35 AM
Lol forgot I posted in this thread.

Smedy
01-23-2018, 03:43 PM
the cogs are moving, i may have to clobber these fellas back to blue

skarlorn
01-23-2018, 04:55 PM
the cogs are moving, i may have to clobber these fellas back to blue

:cool:

Balefire
01-23-2018, 05:22 PM
Most of us Alders who were on red gave out a little around the holidays but also due to complications with things such as work/school. I think the majority or our red players are on a bit of a break off P99 all together as i haven't seen them on the blue side either. I realize there is some confusion as to why ALS decided to try red so allow me to clarify.

Part of it was to escape the inflation on blue, it's not uncommon to enter a zone only to have it overrun with twinks and PLers. Monks trying to 'help' by attacking our mobs, druids or whatever trying to force powerleveling on us. In some cases we have people deliberately following us trying to get us to take hold outs and break the charter. With red's low population we were able to uphold our charter in a more pure fashion and could play with a peace of mind that we weren't going to be bothered too much because of our play style. Our goal was simply to enjoy the game as we do on blue.

When i had first suggested red i didn't expect it to gain the traction that it did but I'm glad there are some of us that were able to enjoy it. Personally i really like red and it's small population means you can really get to know people and form strong bonds overtime with the people you meet. However much like blue once you get to the higher levels you start to see the rotten side of the server. I understand why certain people would want to keep up-and-coming guilds from accessing certain content on a pvp server; to keep themselves in control as top dogs. I believe that's why we had been trained several times once we reached those higher levels. We didn't mind the PvP at all really, and quite enjoyed the thrill. However the underhanded tactics being used by some players was a big turn off.

That all being said though we still have an interest in red and will likely make a comeback sometime in the future if and when we get enough interested in it again.

HippoNipple
01-23-2018, 05:30 PM
This guild played on red and then all got jobs or went back to school. Red is savings lives people.

Beastagoog
01-23-2018, 05:34 PM
Most of us Alders who were on red gave out a little around the holidays but also due to complications with things such as work/school. I think the majority or our red players are on a bit of a break off P99 all together as i haven't seen them on the blue side either. I realize there is some confusion as to why ALS decided to try red so allow me to clarify.

Part of it was to escape the inflation on blue, it's not uncommon to enter a zone only to have it overrun with twinks and PLers. Monks trying to 'help' by attacking our mobs, druids or whatever trying to force powerleveling on us. In some cases we have people deliberately following us trying to get us to take hold outs and break the charter. With red's low population we were able to uphold our charter in a more pure fashion and could play with a peace of mind that we weren't going to be bothered too much because of our play style. Our goal was simply to enjoy the game as we do on blue.

When i had first suggested red i didn't expect it to gain the traction that it did but I'm glad there are some of us that were able to enjoy it. Personally i really like red and it's small population means you can really get to know people and form strong bonds overtime with the people you meet. However much like blue once you get to the higher levels you start to see the rotten side of the server. I understand why certain people would want to keep up-and-coming guilds from accessing certain content on a pvp server; to keep themselves in control as top dogs. I believe that's why we had been trained several times once we reached those higher levels. We didn't mind the PvP at all really, and quite enjoyed the thrill. However the underhanded tactics being used by some players was a big turn off.

That all being said though we still have an interest in red and will likely make a comeback sometime in the future if and when we get enough interested in it again.

Sorry 2 hear this.

Apex runs another guild off the server to secure pixels.

Servant
01-24-2018, 06:22 PM
Dude didn't specify who trained him, so it's a bit of a leap to conclude that it was Apex. I don't remember seeing any ALS members up to the numbers and gear necessary to contest anything Apex cares about, or even Sanctuary really. Prolly just random griefing more than a true guild conflict.

Beastagoog
01-24-2018, 07:13 PM
Dude didn't specify who trained him, so it's a bit of a leap to conclude that it was Apex. I don't remember seeing any ALS members up to the numbers and gear necessary to contest anything Apex cares about, or even Sanctuary really. Prolly just random griefing more than a true guild conflict.

Just assuming it was Apex considering their history.

Jeni
01-25-2018, 08:13 AM
I'm not sure anyone in this guild ever made it to 32 in this guild so I'm innocent if this guild fails.

skarlorn
01-25-2018, 03:28 PM
i tried to give lvl 15 people diamonds and they where like no we cant take them. Then i logged on my secret lowbie twinks and helped them level. i even used multiple porters that would just arrive when we decided to move. I got these guys in pvp range only to get trained by the usual suspects. I tried so hard. Sorry ALS

you're a great guy man I love this post.

deadlycupcakez
01-30-2018, 05:34 PM
Would this guild come back so I can play a warrior

Somekid123
03-01-2018, 08:52 PM
I miss this guild, baby come back!

Amyas
03-04-2018, 09:24 PM
I miss this guild, baby come back!

^

b_rob242
03-06-2018, 11:18 PM
Most of the folks who were passionate about Red had other stuff come up apparently. They haven’t been around on ALS blue either, sadly. I’d like to get it going again.

Jeni
03-07-2018, 08:03 PM
I’m interested in playing with you guys. I have a character in the mid 30s and I am always looking for groups in Mistmoore.

Heywood
03-08-2018, 01:39 PM
ALS is dead on red.

deadlycupcakez
03-08-2018, 06:15 PM
comeback

nooblord900
03-09-2018, 08:58 AM
I’m interested in playing with you guys. I have a character in the mid 30s and I am always looking for groups in Mistmoore.
can confirm...

MavstabYoudead
03-18-2018, 11:10 AM
best part about this is sanctuary don't believe it can happen to them with there clerics.

their.

slartibartfast
03-22-2018, 06:24 PM
Does this guild still exist? I would love to join. I too just started on Red and want to earn all of my gear/levels on my own.

HippoNipple
03-23-2018, 11:06 AM
Does this guild still exist? I would love to join. I too just started on Red and want to earn all of my gear/levels on my own.

They got to level 50+ without seeing any other players, they then realized PvP was enabled, got killed, and all left the server. You may find them hunting down cracked staffs in Steamfont on blue.