PDA

View Full Version : Special ed is that way --->

Reiyz
02-08-2010, 11:16 PM
hopefully they can teach reading comprehension.

Seriously though. I'm going to ask nicely to stop replying to my posts without reading them. L4Phantom (yeah, I'm calling you out punk) reads my post on two-boxing and seemed to have only picked up on the sentence involving me solo'ing in between LFG'ing. I clearly fucking stated that I LFG constantly, but I'm a warrior and groups only need one tank type to be efficient.

If you honestly believe two-boxing is going to ruin this "community" then you are sorely lacking in common sense, or are very insecure and realize you're a fucking douche that no one would group with, could they two box.

This isn't 1999, and I'm not 14 anymore. I don't have the time to spend two hours LFG, then half an hour running to a group in Mistmoore when I'm off in Guk, only to have it fall apart 10 minutes after arriving. If two boxing was enabled, I'd be able to play my warrior plus a cleric/druid/shaman, whatever I decided at the time, and exp while building a much more efficient group. Another word you (L4Phantom) seem to be confused about.

Yes, I could box my warrior plus a healer and be set, but exp would be painfully fucking slow due to no dps. Why would I want to waste my time getting an orange an hour when I could be getting half a level/a level an hour?

And before you say it, yes, I'm a huge baby who has to resort to vulgar language in order to get my point across. Nonetheless, read my fucking post more thoroughly next time and don't be a douchebag.

yaaaflow
02-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Your opinions are bad and you should feel bad.

L2Phantom
02-08-2010, 11:26 PM
I think not allowing two boxing is important to this server's health, and should stay.

184 votes

75.10% of votes

Looks like no one agrees with you, sorry.

Dabamf
02-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Who has the top single person burst DPS server wide?

Jify
02-09-2010, 12:43 AM

Bards?

Auvdar
02-09-2010, 01:08 AM
SAM DA MAN DEATHWALKER THATS WHO.

Goobles
02-09-2010, 01:24 AM
WHERE THE FUCK HAVE I BEEN?

^^

drplump
02-09-2010, 04:31 AM

This is one of the Druids MANY abilities.

Sloth
02-09-2010, 12:21 PM

sam da man deathwalker

Malrubius
02-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I was on the fence before. Now I am certain. No boxing.

Shads
02-09-2010, 01:05 PM

Seriously though. I'm going to ask nicely to stop replying to my posts without reading them. L4Phantom (yeah, I'm calling you out punk) reads my post on two-boxing and seemed to have only picked up on the sentence involving me solo'ing in between LFG'ing. I clearly fucking stated that I LFG constantly, but I'm a warrior and groups only need one tank type to be efficient.

If you honestly believe two-boxing is going to ruin this "community" then you are sorely lacking in common sense, or are very insecure and realize you're a fucking douche that no one would group with, could they two box.

This isn't 1999, and I'm not 14 anymore. I don't have the time to spend two hours LFG, then half an hour running to a group in Mistmoore when I'm off in Guk, only to have it fall apart 10 minutes after arriving. If two boxing was enabled, I'd be able to play my warrior plus a cleric/druid/shaman, whatever I decided at the time, and exp while building a much more efficient group. Another word you (L4Phantom) seem to be confused about.

Yes, I could box my warrior plus a healer and be set, but exp would be painfully fucking slow due to no dps. Why would I want to waste my time getting an orange an hour when I could be getting half a level/a level an hour?

And before you say it, yes, I'm a huge baby who has to resort to vulgar language in order to get my point across. Nonetheless, read my fucking post more thoroughly next time and don't be a douchebag.

Stop crying...

PEQ is that way --->

Hasbinbad
02-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Stop crying...
That's like getting mad at a dog for barking.
You can't be mad at a creature for its nature.

Reiyz
02-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Stop crying...

PEQ is that way --->

Are you upset?

Reiyz
02-09-2010, 02:05 PM
That's like getting mad at a dog for barking.
You can't be mad at a creature for its nature.

oh snitchin' ass.

Reiyz
02-09-2010, 02:10 PM
^^

I don't think I'm actually going to play again. Uhh, I'll send you a PM on Infinit forums and make a time to meet up to give you back all the gear you gave me.

Shads
02-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Are you upset?

I'm not the one crying...

Reiyz
02-09-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm not the one crying...

I'm pretty sure you got upset and told me to leave, but I could be wrong.

I just scrolled down, that's exactly what you did.

Shads
02-09-2010, 02:17 PM
That wasn't me getting upset and telling you to leave. That was just me telling you if you don't like the rules of this server, then there is another server with the rules you may like that way --->

P.S. the server is called PEQ

Reiyz
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM
That wasn't me getting upset and telling you to leave. That was just me telling you if you don't like the rules of this server, then there is another server with the rules you may like that way --->

P.S. the server is called PEQ

Don't let people on the internet upset you so much.

Shads
02-09-2010, 02:24 PM
It's ok you wont always get your way...

See you on PEQ when the servers are down here.

Reiyz
02-09-2010, 02:25 PM
It's ok you wont always get your way...

See you on PEQ when the servers are down here.

What is PEQ?

Shads
02-09-2010, 02:27 PM
A server that will let you two box. In fact if you so wish you could 100 box.

Finawin
02-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Boxing is a massive detriment to server cohesiveness. If you disagree you are wrong. There is no use explaining the reasons because if you can't grasp why the aforementioned sentence is true, you won't understand the logic used to explain.

TL;DR

GTFO :cool:

Bodeanicus
02-11-2010, 05:51 AM

Don't let the door hit you in ass on the way out. D&D Online allows you to control an entire group. And it's free. Now get the fuck out of here, crybaby puss.

Hasbinbad
02-11-2010, 02:00 PM
If you disagree you are wrong.
I lol'd.

Witness
02-11-2010, 04:08 PM
I understand everyone reasoning on no boxing, i actually agree with it. But one thing I have only seen mentioned a couple times and never really elaborated on is the fact that you could box on classic. This server is trying to recreate the classic experience so why was it decided to cut this element of classic play out?

EDIT: I just want to emphasize i am strong supported of NO boxing, I just want to see both sides of the argument

Abacab
02-11-2010, 08:37 PM
This server is trying to recreate the classic experience so why was it decided to cut this element of classic play out?

Cause everyone is afraid of the dude who does this:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7374/monnew48ac.jpg

To permacamp this:

http://www.hyperhighway.com/bilgehunter/images/Hunter/used/nagafen.jpg

and this:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/scenery/gukbottom-evileye.jpg

and this:

http://common.allakhazam.com/images/i/d/id3699.png

and be a total bad ass on the server

Abacab
02-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Boxing is a massive detriment to server cohesiveness. If you disagree you are wrong. There is no use explaining the reasons because if you can't grasp why the aforementioned sentence is true, you won't understand the logic used to explain.

TL;DR

GTFO :cool:

What cohesion? The only time a majority of the players get into the "cohesiveness of the community" is when they're trying to gank 17k for rubi BP's and 15k for a SSOY.

In most cases people tend to hang out with their collective guilds or just solo (cause you can't get enough mages amirite?) and that leaves a good chunk of the player base specifically the melee classes constantly struggling to find full groups, or get around places.

You dont care for boxing cause you play a mage you can just farm shit all damn day, while someone who plays an untwinked, unguilded warrior can't even get past level 13 cause the player base is either far above or far below his level range.

So don't feed people bullshit that it ruins the "cohesiveness of the community" when your class/level specifically does that exact thing.

TL;DR

Boxing doesn't ruin servers, farmers do

Finawin
02-11-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't think anyone wants to hear your sob story about difficulty finding groups or getting places. We've already been through it. Make your own. Stop being a whiny bitch.

Newsflash:

This is Everquest. Shit like that happens.

The hilarity that is the misconception of mages soloing everything is a hoot as well. Direct your penis envy to Necromancers and Enchanters. Get over it.

Boxing doesn't ruin servers, farmers do L O L what do you plan to do when you hit 50? It's the natural progression of what you do in this game. You farm gear for your next alt, friends, etc.

Abacab
02-11-2010, 11:02 PM
L O L what do you plan to do when you hit 50? It's the natural progression of what you do in this game. You farm gear for your next alt, friends, etc.

Train people in Lguk, pick pocket crushbone orcs, and drag peoples corpses in the lava! Like a NORMAL NON-FARMING 50 does.

Abacab
02-11-2010, 11:08 PM
The hilarity that is the misconception of mages soloing everything is a hoot as well.

O rly?

Finawin
02-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Right, proved my point entirely with the sarcastic response.

There's nothing to do when you're 50 but to make an alt. You have to farm to equip said alt if you aren't a masochist that wants to level your alts ungeared.

I made this mage with the sole purpose of farming shit for me and my friends. It's not my fault you suck and are having trouble with your first character.

Reiyz
02-11-2010, 11:17 PM
I don't think anyone wants to hear your sob story about difficulty finding groups or getting places. We've already been through it. Make your own. Stop being a whiny bitch.

Newsflash:

This is Everquest. Shit like that happens.

The hilarity that is the misconception of mages soloing everything is a hoot as well. Direct your penis envy to Necromancers and Enchanters. Get over it.

L O L what do you plan to do when you hit 50? It's the natural progression of what you do in this game. You farm gear for your next alt, friends, etc.

L O L. The best part is how ironic this is. THIS IS EVERQUEST!!!

No it's not. It's a dev teams idea of what EQ should be.

L2Phantom
02-11-2010, 11:22 PM

You know what's the best part about their idea of what EQ should be?

There's no boxing allowed.

Finawin
02-11-2010, 11:24 PM

Cry elsewhere.

You're completely allowed to leave whenever you please rather than complain about the state of the game not fitting to your ideas.

Reiyz
02-11-2010, 11:29 PM
You know what's the best part about their idea of what EQ should be?

There's no boxing allowed.

I'm sorry that you were either too dumb, or too poor to originally box on EQLive.

And no, you did not "just choose to not box." You either fucking sucked at it and cried because it was allowed, or was too poor to purchase two accounts. There is no middle ground here.

Reiyz
02-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Cry elsewhere.

You're completely allowed to leave whenever you please rather than complain about the state of the game not fitting to your ideas.

But I just want to be a part of this community.

Finawin
02-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I boxed when I was in the mood to farm on Live. It's antisocial. It's detrimental to the community as a whole. It's stupid.

Like everyone has said. GTFO if you're going to keep crying about something you can't change out of sheer selfishness.

"WAAH I CANT GROUP BECAUSE I FUCKING BLOW"

lol it's fun watching you cry, however. At least stick around on the forums for me to read while I camp stuff for friends.

But I just want to be a part of this community.

Then level up the way the rest of us have. Boxing is a retardedly huge hit to the server and its success doesn't directly correlate but it has a lot to do with it I am sure.

Reiyz
02-11-2010, 11:42 PM
I boxed when I was in the mood to farm on Live. It's antisocial. It's detrimental to the community as a whole. It's stupid.

Like everyone has said. GTFO if you're going to keep crying about something you can't change out of sheer selfishness.

"WAAH I CANT GROUP BECAUSE I FUCKING BLOW"

lol it's fun watching you cry, however. At least stick around on the forums for me to read while I camp stuff for friends.

Then level up the way the rest of us have. Boxing is a retardedly huge hit to the server and its success doesn't directly correlate but it has a lot to do with it I am sure.

I just like how upset you get over me "crying". You're a riot.

I still don't understand how boxing kills community. Considering certain classes can solo most non-raid named pops as it is, all two boxing would do is kill camps only mages can hit by themselves. You've already said you played a mage, which makes your argument much more clear. You fear domination.

That's understandable. Not everyone can press a couple of buttons efficiently enough to be better then the person sitting four hundred miles away.

Back to it though, the "community" aspect. I've addressed this before, but I'm sure between my crying and you spending five minutes writing a four paragraph reply, you failed to read it. Efficiency is what promotes community in Everquest. Mages could solo to 50, but grouping with five others is much more efficient in terms of experience gained/per hour. Same thing goes with two boxing.

I could box my warrior, plus a cleric, and exp. But I'd be getting shit exp. I would still want to fill the group out with DPS in order to efficiently gain experience. So how exactly does boxing kill the community, chief?

Finawin
02-11-2010, 11:54 PM
http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2738

Read this thread. Stop crying. The majority of the server directly opposes your crybaby reasons for boxing.

Don't forget to breathe while doing so. I know how difficult it is for your kind to multitask.

L2Phantom
02-12-2010, 12:24 AM
You've already said you played a mage, which makes your argument much more clear. You fear domination.

You know, your blood pressure would probably drop if you just rolled a mage. Warrior is clearly not the class for you.

Abacab
02-12-2010, 12:41 AM

That's why my SK on PEQ (where people box whole groups) is 65 has 400ish AA's and is decked in planar/VT armor (in before XP is enhanced on this server), if boxing crippled the sociability of the game I wouldn't have any of that gear or those AA's

Yeah people box, I've been grouped with boxers but they always shot me an invite to grind up some plat and xp in CoM, they always tagged me along for raids, they always communicated and traded with the server just like a solitary player.

Now maybe you're too socially inept to box and be communicable, but that is not the norm for everyone else.

Abacab
02-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Cry elsewhere.

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/elitism.jpg

L2Phantom
02-12-2010, 12:50 AM
That's why my SK on PEQ (where people box whole groups) is 65 has 400ish AA's and is decked in planar/VT armor (in before XP is enhanced on this server), if boxing crippled the sociability of the game I wouldn't have any of that gear or those AA's

Yeah people box, I've been grouped with boxers but they always shot me an invite to grind up some plat and xp in CoM, they always tagged me along for raids, they always communicated and traded with the server just like a solitary player.

Now maybe you're too socially inept to box and be communicable, but that is not the norm for everyone else.

If only someone would have taken the initiative to make a poll about boxing we would know how the community really feels about it.

OH WAIT! One thread wasn't good enough for you? Lets fill this one with some tears too!

Finawin
02-12-2010, 12:54 AM
You're STILL crying about something that is never going to change. Give it up already. You're not going to get your way at the expense of the server's health.

No one gives a shit about PEQ and the failure that it is in comparison to this server.

Reiyz
02-12-2010, 01:12 AM
http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2738

Read this thread. Stop crying. The majority of the server directly opposes your crybaby reasons for boxing.

Don't forget to breathe while doing so. I know how difficult it is for your kind to multitask.

I just like how upset you get over me "crying". You're a riot.

You're just shitting up my thread, in rants and flames, where it doesn't even matter. Who's a bigger bitch?

Finawin
02-12-2010, 01:31 AM
I have the time to spare while I farm shit. *shrug*

You're still struggling to make it out of your, what, 20s? I'm sure it's because you can't box too lmao

HarmoniumGuard
02-12-2010, 01:55 AM
This isn't 1999, and I'm not 14 anymore. I don't have the time to spend two hours LFG, then half an hour running to a group in Mistmoore when I'm off in Guk, only to have it fall apart 10 minutes after arriving.

From this quote alone, sir, I believe you are playing the wrong game. At least the wrong server, considering how they added Mercenaries to EQLive for this distinct reason.

I'm sorry that you were either too dumb, or too poor to originally box on EQLive.

And no, you did not "just choose to not box." You either fucking sucked at it and cried because it was allowed, or was too poor to purchase two accounts. There is no middle ground here.

I played EverQuest for eight years, and never once decided to box. This statement is childish, wrong, and rather stupid at that. It's a little immersion shattering when you are your own adventuring group, plus it niggles away at the time you have to be chatting with friends online, being social, and doing all those Massively Multiplayer things.

And... honestly? What's the big argument here. You can't do it because it is against the rules. My life would be an utter wreck if I sat around bitching about how much I wanted to break the law and have everything my way.

Finawin
02-12-2010, 02:08 AM
I suppose we should tell him that PEQ is ------> that way. But the tool already plays there and is bitching that this isn't its clone lol

L2Phantom
02-12-2010, 02:55 AM
I just find it humerous how he wants to be a part of the "community" here instead of PEQ as his reason for staying, but in the multi-boxing poll thread he bashed the idea of community altogether. This guy is downright retarded.

inb4 "LOLSARCASM"

Reiyz
02-13-2010, 03:15 PM
I suppose we should tell him that PEQ is ------> that way. But the tool already plays there and is bitching that this isn't its clone lol

What? You don't make any sense, idiot.

Reiyz
02-13-2010, 03:20 PM
I just find it humerous how he wants to be a part of the "community" here instead of PEQ as his reason for staying, but in the multi-boxing poll thread he bashed the idea of community altogether. This guy is downright retarded.

inb4 "LOLSARCASM"

I find it "humerous" that I bashed the idea of community. I bashed this "community" we have here on p1999. Each guild is it's own community. That's cool, I prefer it that way, but don't gift wrap something that ain't fellas.

Finawin
02-13-2010, 03:39 PM
its

Hasbinbad
02-13-2010, 04:44 PM
its
^wasted.

Talgurin
02-14-2010, 05:56 AM
what is possibly going through someones mind when they get all upset and pissed off on a forum for a FREE computer game that is created by the good will of a team of developers who are not getting paid....