PDA

View Full Version : are they serious?

mitic
02-16-2011, 04:22 PM
lvl 3 ranger reporting in from live

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/miticeq/fuckedupprogression.jpg

Bottle of Adventure I (blue aura)
Categroy: Potions
Increase experience gained by 10% for 4 hours. This effect does not stack with other similar effects and persists through death

Fiendish Pumpkin Rapier Ornamentation (Giant Snake Fang augmented)
Category: Ornamentations
Changes a one-hand piercing weapon to a rapier shaped from a fiendish pumpkin

Collar of the King:
Category: Pets and Familiars
Summons a lion to follow your every move

Humerox
02-16-2011, 04:34 PM
luclin models omg my eyes

guineapig
02-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Little known fact that pumpkins cat pierce through virtually any material known to ma...

no wait!

Massive Marc
02-16-2011, 05:27 PM
must...kill....Halfling Guard.... needs to ..die...

mitic
02-16-2011, 06:35 PM
srsly...

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/miticeq/epicatlvl3.jpg

Nedala
02-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Looks very classic....

Harrison
02-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Lol you should see how fast you regen mana, in combat or out...

You can kite mobs at level 1 like you have KEI. Chain nuking and sitting to get mana back and never getting hit.

mitic
02-16-2011, 06:50 PM
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/miticeq/uberbow.jpg

Longbow of the Ocean Ornament
Changes a bow to alongbow worthy of the Lord of the Ocean (4$)

Beau
02-16-2011, 07:03 PM
That's on the progression server? Wow what a piece of shit. I loaded a character on one earlier today and was repulsed by how half assed and lazy it was. Made me appreciate the development team here all the more.

Anyway, Sony's last ditch effort to lure in subscribers did not work on me. Thank god I got to check it out for free. Although i'm shocked that so many people are that dense and willing to throw their money away on garbage. One dude tried to tell me EC was the same as it has always been and nothing was different. /sigh

I wish someone would be innovative and creative and original enough to come out with a quality excuse for a game so that finally, at 30 years old I'm not limited to playing the original version of a game I started at 18. Eq was too good. It set the bar way to high :(. I'm just glad the team and community here actually recognizes the best part of it.

Fuck Sony -

/rant off

mitic
02-16-2011, 07:03 PM
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/miticeq/uber2hblunt.jpg

Bound Rune Staff Ornamentation
Transforms the appearance of a two-handed blunt item to a Bound Rune staff Ornamentations (4$)

mitic
02-16-2011, 07:04 PM
and yea, its on progression lol

Uaellaen
02-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Lol you should see how fast you regen mana, in combat or out...

You can kite mobs at level 1 like you have KEI. Chain nuking and sitting to get mana back and never getting hit.

lol i actualy did that at lvl 1 with lvl 4+ mobs at launch, because tehre were like 200 lvl 1's in nektulos killing everything the second it spawned :p

when i reached lvl 7 on 2 characters, the highest level ones just dinged 11 (erudites, no one likes erudites! they didnt have clusterfucked newbie zones) ...and that after ... 10 hours playing ...

so im glad i got to try it out for free, since i could verify: this is not classic EQ, this is a completly different game, not only zones and items, but also game mechanics ...

so my conclusion: Sony, you suck!

mitic
02-16-2011, 07:12 PM
the highest level ones just dinged 11 (erudites, no one likes erudites! they didnt have clusterfucked newbie zones) ...and that after ... 10 hours playing ...

there are 2 lvl 20+ erudite mages already, and they are from P99 :D

Beau
02-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Of course they are from P99 , Or they wouldn't have picked mage hah.

Uaellaen
02-16-2011, 07:15 PM
well, its now exactly 21 hours ago that i dinged lvl 7 and highest was lvl 11, so if there would not be lvl 20+ people now, it would be sad ...

Uaellaen
02-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Of course they are from P99 , Or they wouldn't have picked mage hah.

and what about those that have been mage on live 11,5 years ago already?

Jenni D
02-16-2011, 07:17 PM
i like the look of this Mitic better!

mitic
02-16-2011, 07:19 PM
well, its now exactly 21 hours ago that i dinged lvl 7 and highest was lvl 11, so if there would not be lvl 20+ people now, it would be sad ...

superfast manaregen, 10%exp pots, lower spell levels and the like helps! :D

ps: mann, wo warst die letzten wochen!

Crone
02-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Hey mitic, what up!

You on Vulak?

Beau
02-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Oh i'm just saying because mage is ridiculously easy to level here and this is actually a very accurate representation of classic. They have to be a joke over there . Was kind of a joke, meaning there are 5 bazillion mages on this server. so no surprise the top levels over there would be mages from this server.

mitic
02-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Hey mitic, what up!

You on Vulak?

nah, ive quit progression like 10 mins ago lol

failsony is fail

Crone
02-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Aww man, hook me up with station cash. I'll take all that cool stuff from ya! :)

Uaellaen
02-16-2011, 07:28 PM
well the top levels are all erudites ... mages / chanters etc. anything that can engage fast ...

erudites didnt have much competition since no one played them realy .. all other newbie zones have been HORRIBLE overflowed ... and it took me like 2 hours to get to lvl 2 ... because i got a mob like every 3 ~5 minutes ...

mages over there are actualy way more powerful ... the game mechanics are a joke, i sent my pet (water) on a young kodiak (red to me) at lvl 6, and before my pet even engaged i started to chain nuke (46dmg max.), then sat down, regened for another nuke (takes like .. 30 seconds to be full mana in combat ...) and i never even got agro off my pet ... only if i went into melee range ...

so for enchanters that is paredise ... they pull, get one hit, move, and pet has instant agro ... and unless you get an add or your pet dies there is realy no way to get agro ><

Crone
02-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Necro's are going to rule the world!

Beau
02-16-2011, 07:46 PM
I want to take bets on how long they keep two servers up. The population will plummet when people realize what a joke it is, if they haven't already.

My bet is by March 27th they will merge the two. By August it will be scrapped and turned into a regular server. And this time next year it will be merged with an older server.

Any takers?

captainspauldin
02-16-2011, 07:48 PM
i bet it will draw more people over here haha, ty sony for the great job

Beau
02-16-2011, 07:50 PM
i bet it will draw more people over here haha, ty sony for the great job

Actually very true. I hope you're ready to break and sustain well over 1000 at peak hours p99.

captainspauldin
02-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Actually very true. I hope you're ready to break and sustain well over 1000 at peak hours p99.

please jesus no

maegi
02-16-2011, 08:09 PM
its already hard enough to get a decent area to fight here at any hour...not sure why the devs want all these new players here unless they are planning to open a second server or greatly increase capacity here. I'd say we have a good population now, but if it gets much more crowded, people are gonna have to wait in line for every camp in the game, and that's never a good thing for any game.

Beau
02-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Well whats funny is they do such a good job here that if they actually had the time and resources and desire, they could easily keep the numbers to sustain a few servers. I personally would love to see a true timeline server released when they finish the work on kunark and velious but I'm doubting that will happen. Either way devs you should save each patch/nerf/etc. so the option is open in the future! Who knows , maybe Sony will even pay you for it.

I'm surprised that live didn't model their servers after a known popular success.

Harrison
02-16-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm surprised that live didn't model their servers after a known popular success.

That would be them admitting, more than they are now, that their model of pumping out expansion after expansion after expansion is a failure. (And it is...)

They wouldn't do that.

Uaellaen
02-16-2011, 08:39 PM
not necessarily ... they could provide a "classic" server and just make it like it was back then ...

i think after this, or maybe 1 more progression server, they will finaly realise ... its not the progression whats drawing people, its reliving the "classic" content, the "classic" way ...

i for one would love SoE hiering nilbog & co. to make "Project 1999" an official SoE product, i would even pay for that (donations hai) and im sure many others would ... of course it would require a spin off patcher etc. and probably its own login server ... but they already did that for macs, why not do this for "classic" ...

Uaellaen
02-16-2011, 08:40 PM
gnarf sent too early ... F no edit

it would be realy cool, since it would allow bug fixes / changes on the client side also ...

Beau
02-16-2011, 08:43 PM
You know that could be their intentions. Like the whole reason their legal team hasn't hassled anyone over here yet. I mean I know its legal, but a lot of times companies like that press the envelope and try to muscle the little guy out.

Who knows , maybe they are just letting these guys do all the work for them and waiting for the right time hah.

Personally its fine with me, as long as they get compensated for their efforts, and I get to enjoy a quality game rather than their bullshit.

Nedala
02-16-2011, 09:21 PM
its already hard enough to get a decent area to fight here at any hour...not sure why the devs want all these new players here unless they are planning to open a second server or greatly increase capacity here. I'd say we have a good population now, but if it gets much more crowded, people are gonna have to wait in line for every camp in the game, and that's never a good thing for any game.

At one point the population of this server will start to decrease slowly, and one time the server will be dead...like any mmo server. The more people we get here while the number is increasing the longer it goes until its empty :)

And with kunark open 1-1.5k peak times is ok

Mountaineer
02-16-2011, 11:32 PM
lol the day Kunark comes out there will be over 2500 people online!!

Alisa
02-17-2011, 05:54 AM
Longbow of the Ocean Ornament
(4$)

i like the look of this Mitic better!

I dunno, he kinda looks like Hulk Hogan :/

Tehwoot
02-17-2011, 07:02 AM
I rolled a bard and took around 5 hours to get to level 4... I figured out that there was no point in leveling seeing as once I get higher levels there won't be anyone to play with do to the huge number of soloable casters and monks. Saw a lvl 4 Mage in a noob zone with his air pet on agro and he was afk leveling on yellows...

Estolcles
02-17-2011, 09:01 AM

Makes me glad I play in the offest of off hours. :D

Omnimorph
02-17-2011, 09:13 AM
I believe it was the intention of the devs here to run the server, but eventually to redo the server, so they actually have a chance to play on it themselves.

Mitic, are you spending money on live?! :O you scumbag!

also, does /claim work on live? because i have a shit load of random LoN stuff i could use :p Aspect of the brood ftw!

Chippy
02-17-2011, 09:39 AM
lol the day Kunark comes out there will be over 2500 people online!!

Not that high although I wouldn't be surprised. p99 is a straight up godsend.

Erasong
02-17-2011, 09:44 AM
90% of claim is disabled. same with veteran awards.

KilyenaMage
02-17-2011, 05:29 PM

Are you stupid? The MAX population on P99 is like 33% of the population of Classic-Live Servers.

I really don't understand why people here are AGAINST more people joining the server.....oh wait, I understand perfectly -- this server is full of greedy douchebags.

Holey
02-17-2011, 06:10 PM
a little bird told me we can hold up to 3k people on this server?

Harrison
02-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Rogean has said before what he projects the new box could handle, and the bandwidth.

shuklak
02-18-2011, 03:17 AM
Rogean has said before what he projects the new box could handle, and the bandwidth.
neat what was it?

Lazortag
02-18-2011, 03:37 AM

p99 isn't overcrowded at all. There's just a lot of people leveling in the same places. Nothing is preventing you from starting groups in relatively empty zones like Paw, Runnyeye, Liveside Lguk, Gorge of King Xorbb, Befallen, Najena, Blackburrow, Cazic-Thule, Highpass, Permafrost, Sol A, Mistmoore castle, or Dagnor's Cauldron. It's not like every mob in the world is on permanent lockdown. The zones I mentioned above are never used to their full potential (ie there's always an unclaimed camp in them), and among them are camps for every level, so there's nothing to complain about.

Omnimorph
02-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Nothing is preventing you from starting groups in relatively empty zones like Paw, Runnyeye, Liveside Lguk, Gorge of King Xorbb, Befallen, Najena, Blackburrow, Cazic-Thule, Highpass, Permafrost, Sol A, Mistmoore castle, or Dagnor's Cauldron. It's not like every mob in the world is on permanent lockdown. The zones I mentioned above are never used to their full potential (ie there's always an unclaimed camp in them), and among them are camps for every level, so there's nothing to complain about.

Gorge of King Xorbb

... :O been there once in my eq career...once... :3

mitic
02-18-2011, 06:46 AM
90% of claim is disabled. same with veteran awards.

there is a ton of weapon-ornamentations with sparkling effects activated already at lvl 1 on progression (see my first posts in this thread)

the point is, i want to accomplish something and to work hard for my sparkling class epic, spending countless hours/days questing for it. rite now i just pay 4$ on live and can have an epic "giant snake fang" the second i create a lvl 1character

this is just wrong and ruins the whole concept of the game we all loved back the day. current live-eq has clearly become a dumbed down world of warcraft clone, youre such a fail sony

fastboy21
02-18-2011, 07:35 AM
there is a big difference between having an epic and getting a weapon with a cool model.

the **only** real concern i have about progression is that all the things they "can't"(tm) roll back, classic content may still be too obsolete.

Messianic
02-18-2011, 07:47 AM

This isn't the case at all. Sure, high-demand stuff like frenzy, oasis and feerrott specs, seafuries, etc are heavily camped, but there are tons of places to level. It's work to be creative.

Massive Marc
02-18-2011, 12:16 PM
The amount of available exp camps are abundant on this server. The problem is, half these people complaining about all camps being full, are the same ones walking into LGUK or SOLB shouting LFG and not getting any tells, then nerdraging on the boards.

Omnimorph
02-18-2011, 12:43 PM
The amount of available exp camps are abundant on this server. The problem is, half these people complaining about all camps being full, are the same ones walking into LGUK or SOLB shouting LFG and not getting any tells, then nerdraging on the boards.

Lol. Very true.

Few people want to take on the extra work and responsibility of forming a group.

I'm guilty of this myself, having logged on my bard, lfg'd for 20 minutes and then logged when nothing came about.