PDA

View Full Version : Keeping the Haters out. Epic mealtime

Neach
02-13-2011, 06:11 AM
I hate haters especially vegans.

I like my food manly like this.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wZDv9pgHp8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thumbs UP if you like meat and hate vegans!

Lostprophets
02-13-2011, 06:14 AM
We about to get drunk off of pancakes!

xshayla701
02-13-2011, 12:02 PM
15,709 calories and 1005g of fat. I'm def not a health freak but EW

maegi
02-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Meat! Yes! I like some veggies, but definitely a carnivore. Don't drink for breakfast, but have had one to cure a hangover, that's been quite a while ago. You left out munchies!! Smoke a little maryjane, but whatever you do, don't go to the grocery store high.

Benebric
02-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Awesomesauce

Harrison
02-13-2011, 01:31 PM
I fucking hate Vegans.

People are starving around the world and they decide, "I'm not going to eat X, because I have the luxury of a choice! lol I'm so trendy and forward thinking."

Neach
02-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Harrison you made me chuckle.

Lazortag
02-13-2011, 02:35 PM
I fucking hate Vegans.

People are starving around the world and they decide, "I'm not going to eat X, because I have the luxury of a choice! lol I'm so trendy and forward thinking."

So if someone were to limit what they eat in some other way (say, by not eating cheese whiz or something, because it's disgusting), would you condemn them for having the luxury of a choice while people in the developing world are forced to eat cheese whiz?

Neach
02-13-2011, 02:37 PM
^^^^^

building a fortress to keep all the hatred out!

Orxudan
02-13-2011, 02:48 PM
I agree that a lot of vegans are really annoying, seem really pretentious about their diets, but I also think vegan haters are equally annoying with their willful ignorance... i mean yea, you're real manly for going to the grocery store and gorging yourself on meat, you badass.

People have evolved to eat meat. You'll actually become vitamin deficient if you don't eat any animal products and don't supplement your diet. Also, meat tastes really good and it can be pretty miserable to deprive yourself of it. Still, factory farming an animal for its meat, eggs, or milk causes a lot of suffering... a pretty fucked up amount. A cow, chicken, pig, whatever, is not smart like a human but it's pretty impossible to deny that it can't feel pain exactly the same way a human can. So what is the difference between slaughtering a pig and eating it and slaughtering a 3 year old orphan and eating it, besides the legality of it? They'd both suffer about the same amount.

But of course, this kind of thing happens on a huge scale every second of every day. Lions are eating buffalos alive, sharks are eating seals, bears are eating people, etc. Still, if someone is willing to deprive themselves of animal products to reduce the total amount of suffering that exists, I think that's a good thing to do. If that person then goes on to feel that he's better than everyone else, well, that's what humans like to do, just accept it with equanimity. It's no different than you thinking you're better than all the vegans because they're all pussies. The only difference is, you're pretentious and you're also going to hell. fucking murderer.

Seaweedpimp
02-13-2011, 03:24 PM
So what is the difference between slaughtering a pig and eating it and slaughtering a 3 year old orphan and eating it, besides the legality of it?

Somethin along the lines of tasting great.

Orxudan
02-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Somethin along the lines of tasting great.

actually, orphans are delicious.

Ongbak
02-13-2011, 04:37 PM
I was honestly overwhelming by the video LOL, I'm very calories conscious and the calories meter just cracked me up hah.

Good one.

quido
02-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Jesus told me to eat meat.

Bodeanicus
02-13-2011, 06:08 PM
If we weren't meant to eat animals, God wouldn't have made them of meat. Amen.

Harrison
02-13-2011, 07:10 PM
If we weren't supposed to eat animals we wouldn't be able to digest them and benefit from them nutritionally.

Bruno
02-13-2011, 08:00 PM
I agree that a lot of vegans are really annoying, seem really pretentious about their diets, but I also think vegan haters are equally annoying with their willful ignorance... i mean yea, you're real manly for going to the grocery store and gorging yourself on meat, you badass.

People have evolved to eat meat. You'll actually become vitamin deficient if you don't eat any animal products and don't supplement your diet. Also, meat tastes really good and it can be pretty miserable to deprive yourself of it. Still, factory farming an animal for its meat, eggs, or milk causes a lot of suffering... a pretty fucked up amount. A cow, chicken, pig, whatever, is not smart like a human but it's pretty impossible to deny that it can't feel pain exactly the same way a human can. So what is the difference between slaughtering a pig and eating it and slaughtering a 3 year old orphan and eating it, besides the legality of it? They'd both suffer about the same amount.

But of course, this kind of thing happens on a huge scale every second of every day. Lions are eating buffalos alive, sharks are eating seals, bears are eating people, etc. Still, if someone is willing to deprive themselves of animal products to reduce the total amount of suffering that exists, I think that's a good thing to do. If that person then goes on to feel that he's better than everyone else, well, that's what humans like to do, just accept it with equanimity. It's no different than you thinking you're better than all the vegans because they're all pussies. The only difference is, you're pretentious and you're also going to hell. fucking murderer.

Pretty solid post besides the whole hell part. That land was made up.

Neach
02-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Orphans yumm. Only a matter of time before we start harvesting them.
As for the calories that meal they made wasn't bad. If you watch some of the others they easily double that. I think the highest I have seen them cook was 129,000 calories.

Too much of anything is a bad thing, but vegans are always pale and skinny and get sick very easy and shit talk people who eat meet. These are truely epic meals. I personaly wouldn't mind trying the fast food sushi they make in one video, but I also would mind a epic salad.

Don't hate. Just mind your own damn buisness is all.

soup
02-13-2011, 10:07 PM
So if someone were to limit what they eat in some other way (say, by not eating cheese whiz or something, because it's disgusting), would you condemn them for having the luxury of a choice while people in the developing world are forced to eat cheese whiz?

Well, to be fair, there's a difference between not eating something because it's disgusting and not eating it because of some pretentious feel good bullshit.

The nutritional value of meat vs. cheese whiz is also worth mentioning.

Orxudan
02-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Pretty solid post besides the whole hell part. That land was made up.

thanks man. I know hell is made up, but for some reason i still enjoy telling people they're going there.

bizzum
02-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Jesus told me to eat meat.

He also told you to drink his own blood, cleverly disguised as wine!:)

Japan
02-13-2011, 10:57 PM
If we weren't supposed to eat animals we wouldn't be able to digest them and benefit from them nutritionally.

This is not a valid argument (unless you're supposing the existence of a deity, lol)

"Supposed" doesn't exist in evolutionary terms. There's little doubt eating meat offered us an evolutionary advantage in our biological history, since we evolved pretty complex mechanisms to metabolize it. A vegan would argue that our ability to eat meat is an evolutionary vestige, since it is not necessary any longer to survive on meat in order to pass your genes on.

Evolution doesn't impose any morality upon us. Using evolution to support your moral argument is complete nonsense.

xshayla701
02-13-2011, 11:58 PM
vegans are always pale and skinny

I'm vegetarian (not vegan), but I'm black and 300lbs. SAY WHAT

Harrison
02-14-2011, 02:51 AM
This is not a valid argument (unless you're supposing the existence of a deity, lol)

"Supposed" doesn't exist in evolutionary terms. There's little doubt eating meat offered us an evolutionary advantage in our biological history, since we evolved pretty complex mechanisms to metabolize it. A vegan would argue that our ability to eat meat is an evolutionary vestige, since it is not necessary any longer to survive on meat in order to pass your genes on.

Evolution doesn't impose any morality upon us. Using evolution to support your moral argument is complete nonsense.

I didn't bring up a moral argument. I responded to one.

Stibe
02-14-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm vegetarian (not vegan), but I'm black and 300lbs. SAY WHAT

Fatatarian? You're doing it wrong.

Lazortag
02-15-2011, 01:29 AM
So, I'm pretty sure the Epic Meal Time people are from the same city as me. One of the recurring girls in their videos actually went to the same high school as my girlfriend. Small world!

DOPE
02-15-2011, 01:48 AM

This. I'm vegan and try my best not to be preachy.. Although it's hard sometimes. The way I think about it, all "food animals" are no different from your pets.. You wouldn't submit your family dog to the same shit animals on factory farms have to endure, would you?

Anyone interested, watch Earthlings.. A documentary on the food industry (Similar to Food Inc, but better IMO) http://www.watchearthlings.com

Oh and Epic Meal Time? The 1st one was funny.. Now they annoy the crap outta me. Main dude is such a fucking tool lmao.

Lazortag
02-15-2011, 01:58 AM
So, I'm pretty sure the Epic Meal Time people are from the same city as me. One of the recurring girls in their videos actually went to the same high school as my girlfriend. Small world!

Using my internet detective skills (which mainly involved aggressive facebook searching), I found out the host of the show goes to the same university as me. Holy shit.

Neach
02-15-2011, 02:15 AM
I did enjoy the valentine special.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jtRMjk7giEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

give a girl heart food. very sexy.

dredge
02-15-2011, 03:14 AM
http://blog.geeksaresexytech.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Bacon-AT-AT-3.jpg
bacon AT AT

but seriously as a Chef I can tell ya those guys are cooking up some crap.
For one, hearts are tuff as nails, secondly pouring Jack D on pancakes or whatever is just retarded, thirdly battering and frying everything is just gross and amateur at best.

I'm all for some manly meals, how bout some Wild Boar or Venison steaks?
Seriously I much rather have a French Omelet with a side of bacon and some fresh fruit then that slop

Ruinous
02-15-2011, 03:28 AM
Hi, I'm trying to validate my ability as a chef by defaming a video that was an attempt at being funny, not a fucking documentary on how to cook a real meal.

Good show, old boy.

Fourthmeal
02-15-2011, 04:11 AM
haters gonna hate

Tang764
02-15-2011, 04:48 AM
"Im making a breakfast fortress, to keep all the haters out!" Absolutely hilarious imo....

Neach
02-15-2011, 07:38 PM
dredge needs a wake up call. These videos are purely entertainment and funny.
However I would eat some things they make.
Anyways these videos are no different then a skateboarder taking a nose dive. I enjoy watching people harm themselves with food instead of a skateboard is all:-)

JayDee
02-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Some of that food looks fucking delicious

PabloEdvardo
02-15-2011, 08:44 PM
but seriously as a Chef I can tell ya those guys are cooking up some crap.

but seriously, as a Chef (also) I can tell ya these guys are hilarious, use a good blend of humor/cinematography, and are utilizing various valid cooking methods to create some ultimate epic meals.

teganyavo
02-15-2011, 08:58 PM
i love the "double kill" one, especially how it starts. "We got drunk again! >=| "

Neach
02-15-2011, 09:02 PM
for sure. These guys are for pure enjoyment not to be taken toooo serious. . . I would love to see them on a cooking channel always cooking bachelor pad meals and shit.

Myrkskog
02-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Because we're fucked up, we garnished it with Baconators.

Lostprophets
02-15-2011, 10:30 PM
EPIC MEALTIME ... It's Serious Business!

Haters gonna hate on pure epicness, that's why there's a fortress to keep them out!

maegi
02-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Hell. Hell is for children. Pat Benatar