PDA

View Full Version : Fippy Darkpaw the next generation....or is it? - by Vincin

vincin
02-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Fippy Darkpaw adventure begins...or what?
Sony Online Entertainment announced the release of their so called time-locked progression server that be be activated this Tuesday 2-15-2011. After reading the descriptions, the server should be exactly the same as how The Sleeper/Combine servers started, but is this good?

The answer: Yes, because it depends on the person you are. If you like the old shit graphics (like me), then you may differ, but I like the new graphics too (except the gay Drakkin). Yea there will be the new Freeport and Commonlands zones instead of the old ones, but will that really ruin the experience or make it better or equal to?
Its clear the point of Fippy Darkpaw is NOT to bring back classic EQ, but to play the world of classic EQ again through inhanced zones/graphics. Of course you will get the options to make your graphics shit if you want to.
Class penalties and stats
Fippy will throw out the penalties...but is that bad? No. Penatlies are so enjoyable on P99, but sometimes people realize that racism can only funny for so long. As crappy as rangers are, they deserve an equal opportunity to level up.
People are complaining about the monks famous 26/20 level 50 stat and the SK's famous HT affecting gameplay. Ill tell you this, that wont happen. I know they said they are keeping the stats as is, but im 100% sure that they will curve some stuff out to make things fair.

End result: Will Fippy Darkpaw be a great server?
If you liked the Sleeper/Combine "classic" stages, then yes. If not, then still yes because you should always give things a try. Its always fun to start a character on the first months a server opens and I recommend you to do so.

see you there...or will I?
- Your buddy ...Vincin

Divarin
02-12-2011, 11:55 AM
I have completely lost faith in Sony's ability to code and keep the game running smoothly without bugs.
I've played EQ2 extended and it was buggy as heck.

this web page of theirs:
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/prog_flash.vm?sid=152
has a messed up flash program that shows text boxes off the right side of the screen making them unreadable.
ya it's just a web page, who cares? well this lack of attention to detail is indicative of a poor development team.

I like nice graphics too, I don't get anything special out of old-school graphics, but more importantly the game has to work correctly. This is why P1999 is superior.

Noser
02-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Fippy Darkpaw adventure begins...or what?
Sony Online Entertainment announced the release of their so called time-locked progression server that be be activated this Tuesday 2-15-2011. After reading the descriptions, the server should be exactly the same as how The Sleeper/Combine servers started, but is this good?

It's actually gonna be significantly different than sleeper/combine. They are taking out hot zones so people will actually exp in more than one zone. They are also taking out defiant armor and some of the other items that were trivializing content. Furthermore, this one is time locked whereas the original was not. The three major complaints i had with the original server are actually being addressed, at least to a certain extent.

fischsemmel
02-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Racism can only funny for so long, indeed.

Uthgaard
02-12-2011, 08:28 PM
I have completely lost faith in Sony's ability to code and keep the game running smoothly without bugs.

It's what happens when you run off your original developers, they leave with the proprietary tools they used to design the game, and then replace those developers with anyone who ever adminned an ezboard on an everquest fansite.

Like so:
|
V

Badmartigan
02-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Is defiant armor going to be in on fippy darkpaw ?

If it is that makes it an instant NO for me..

Erasong
02-12-2011, 09:30 PM
no defiant

Naum
02-12-2011, 09:59 PM
This has probably been posted already but these things alone makes me never wanna set foot on Fippy

1) Monk dmg will remain the same as it is currently.
2) Coin is wieghtless
3) Soulbinders in game
4) Corpse recover is non exsistant.
5) Sk harmtouch is that of current live
6) Mage and necro pets currently how they are on live ( Over powered)
7) Focus effects on items will be in game , unless the item is chosen not to be in game. <this goes the same for flowing thought>
8) Revamped zones stay in game
9) Hell levels are not back
10) Maps are in game
11) Stat point values will remain as they are in live
12) Some market place items are in game
13) All Spells will remain how they are on live. O You gain a new one every level sigh
14) Kerra isle is merged with tox.
15) Boats are no in game translocators are.
16) Skill caps will be 260 like on live.

Kassel
02-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Uthgaards sig is LOL

moxbrownie
02-12-2011, 10:48 PM
If that's you in the avatar pic kassel, you're very good looking.

vincin
02-13-2011, 09:42 AM
2) Coin is wieghtless
3) Soulbinders in game
7) Focus effects on items will be in game , unless the item is chosen not to be in game.
10) Maps are in game
13) All Spells will remain how they are on live. O You gain a new one every level sigh

These things are just a more efficient way to play EQ for some people. I think every class is overpowered on live. After all, it is a progression, so you cant expect everything to be like classic. I just hope to see some of you guys there cuz (most)P99 people know what they are doing in the game.

xshayla701
02-13-2011, 12:07 PM
the "what a weirdo" tag made me lol irl

Omnimorph
02-13-2011, 08:31 PM
see you there...or will I?
- Your buddy ...Vincin

I'm not your buddy, friend.

Messianic
02-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm not your buddy, friend.

So you're his friend, buddy?

Omnimorph
02-14-2011, 11:50 AM
So you're his friend, buddy?

I'm not his friend, pal.

to0p
02-14-2011, 11:53 AM
He's not your pal buddy...

vincin
02-14-2011, 01:02 PM
i'm not your friend buddy..

hedbonker
02-14-2011, 01:18 PM
inhanced

Messianic
02-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Class penalties and stats
Fippy will throw out the penalties...but is that bad? No. Penatlies are so enjoyable on P99, but sometimes people realize that racism can only funny for so long.

Lol irl ...or am i? by Messianic

vincin
02-14-2011, 03:47 PM
lol thanks for fixing my mistakes....im a retart when it cames to typingj

Messianic
02-14-2011, 04:52 PM
lol thanks for fixing my mistakes....im a retart when it cames to typingj

Or are you? By Messianic

Krimsin
02-14-2011, 05:00 PM
people realize that racism can only funny for so long.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPgtjEtMK0dmVRpx2EnTqxCWwTNp5EN

Massive Marc
02-14-2011, 05:02 PM
2) Coin is wieghtless
3) Soulbinders in game
7) Focus effects on items will be in game , unless the item is chosen not to be in game.
10) Maps are in game

These things are just a more efficient way to play EQ for some people. I think every class is overpowered on live. After all, it is a progression, so you cant expect everything to be like classic. I just hope to see some of you guys there cuz (most)P99 people know what they are doing in the game.

I'm going to go ahead and agree with you here. Most of the points look like something that was bad game design or something that needed fixing in the first place. I can't speak for some of the points made about mechanics that follow LiveEQ, as I haven't played in years. I assume Monks are broken ? and HT is OP ?

PS: Love your sig Uth.

vincin
02-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Still havent recieved an official answer to what time the server will open tomorrow. Its a mystery....it could be midnight...it could be tomorrow afternoon...who knows

vincin
02-14-2011, 05:55 PM
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://common.allakhazam.com/images/i/d/id3579.png&imgrefurl=http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html%3Fid%3D3579&usg=__Zir5xCtIDwSrXEBKkaDqdlH7mhk=&h=494&w=354&sz=80&hl=en&start=0&sig2=Q-pO8obHDoMMmHhoC4XGAQ&zoom=1&tbnid=2V6Im2P4wnHxTM:&tbnh=149&tbnw=104&ei=uaRZTY-9NYujtgevkKSnDQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfippy%2Bdarkpaw%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26 sa%3DN%26biw%3D1034%26bih%3D727%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=126&vpy=49&dur=1379&hovh=265&hovw=190&tx=120&ty=105&oei=uaRZTY-9NYujtgevkKSnDQ&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

Goobles
02-14-2011, 06:20 PM
http://www.fippydarkpaw.com/

Uthgaard
02-14-2011, 06:32 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/21lqrsi.jpg

Lol...

Goobles
02-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah, that was fun.

Massive Marc
02-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Lol...

ROFL, worst part of that thread:

Chtulu defending P1999.

/me votes for new representative.

Just reading those forums makes me want to slam my head against my desk.

hedbonker
02-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Still havent recieved an official answer to what time the server will open tomorrow. Its a mystery....it could be midnight...it could be tomorrow afternoon...who knows

Supposed to be 10am PST tomorrow morning (Tuesday).