PDA

View Full Version : Off the beaten path solo spots? (lvl 45+)

pijan
05-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Hey y'all. I'm a level 45 enchanter looking for some spots to solo that are less traveled. The reason I made this character was to solo and explore the less seen parts of Norrath. I've been soloing grobb guards since 43 and I'm ready for something new.

welly321
05-04-2017, 08:32 AM
Lguk isn't really off the beaten path but its still a ton of fun to solo in.

Izmael
05-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Some Paw areas should still be pretty challenging at 45.

Not sure if Kaesora qualifies as less seen parts but I certainly never saw a 45 enchanter doing the Xalgoz area.

Izmael
05-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Some Paw areas should still be pretty challenging at 45.

Not sure if Kaesora qualifies as less seen parts but I certainly never saw a 45 enchanter doing the Xalgoz area.

Live side Guk has plenty of areas which rarely see any action.

Connecticut
05-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Put your enchanting skills to the test, and head to Kedge Keep

It has a higher skill requirement than any other zone at the level range.
It's hard, it's fun, and the exp is amazing.

loramin
05-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Hey y'all. I'm a level 45 enchanter looking for some spots to solo that are less traveled. The reason I made this character was to solo and explore the less seen parts of Norrath. I've been soloing grobb guards since 43 and I'm ready for something new.

Check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide on the wiki (there's a link in my signature). It's the perfect resource for finding places that not everyone uses, and it has a pretty healthy assortment of options so if one place doesn't work for you there are plenty others.

pijan
05-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Put your enchanting skills to the test, and head to Kedge Keep

It has a higher skill requirement than any other zone at the level range.
It's hard, it's fun, and the exp is amazing.

I don't think I've ever been in Kedge. Do you have a recommendation location within the zone?

branamil
05-04-2017, 12:33 PM
I recommend the terrors in crystal caverns. Good xp and you might get a blackened crystalline robe or a froststone Stein. Also a vendor and bank in the zone.

Barlu
05-04-2017, 01:20 PM
I feel like I'm going to be negative on Paw again but I wouldn't reccomend going there. Pathing is terrible and a lot of healers make it difficult. I know you said off the beaten path but I just never enjoyed my time there.

You also may be high enough to go the entrance mobs in the hole. Never been myself but Rygar is so passionate about it there must be something to it! Seems like a cool spot with Loam drops and the corpse run can be mitigated with some planning of a Brell Rogue I think? Someone else can give a better explanation than I can.

You could also do Specteal Keepers in TT if you'd like. Think they are lvl 38-40 wizards so that can be a little annoying when you are breaking charm but always a ton of mobs up when I've been there.

I think Kedge would be fun I never tried it on my chanter but plan on going with a different character at some point. Great ZEM too but the underwater thing always kept me away.

Triiz
05-04-2017, 02:02 PM
Spirocs in TD are somewhat off the beaten path, although it has gained some popularity. Spiroc provens backstab for around 300. When hasted a spiroc proven can kill about 1 feared spiroc every 30-45 seconds. No need for snare for fear kiting since the island is so open, but a duo partner would help with the pet stealing xp.

I would not try the Hole entrance at 45 solo. If a named spawn's it's pretty unlikely you'd be able to solo it. Think nameds are level 49? or close at least.

loramin
05-04-2017, 02:06 PM
I don't think I've ever been in Kedge. Do you have a recommendation location within the zone?

At your level I think the only/best camp is the fish in the area where you first zone in. For most classes it's a pain to split them (you have to agro a bunch, root one, zone, come back, kill the one you rooted, repeat) but that shouldn't be an issue as an Enchanter. Also there's a rare mob (Fierce Impaler) whose rare drop, Darksea Harpoon, is worth 500-1k plat (and his common drop sells for a few hundred).

Once you're too high for those fish you can explore almost the entire zone with invis to find your next spot: as long as you avoid the two named mermaids and Phinegal nothing else in the zone sees invis.

One warning though: whether you have a fishbone earring or just fish scales/enduring breath, when you die you will have neither of these things. This isn't a huge issue for the entry fish (they're close enough you can swim to them and loot your corpse before you run out of breath), but once you go deeper I'd recommend parking an alt with a few fish scales nearby, so that if you do have to make a corpse run you can drop/transfer a fish scale to your main (or alternatively leave a corpse with several fish scales, all separated in to different slots).

JonyeGway
05-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Grobb guards are a pretty good chanter solo spot. 11p a drop and you can merchant and bank with illusion + benevolence. Way less camped than oggok.

loramin
05-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Grobb guards are a pretty good chanter solo spot. 11p a drop and you can merchant and bank with illusion + benevolence. Way less camped than oggok.

I 100% agree, only ...

I've been soloing grobb guards since 43 and I'm ready for something new.

pijan
05-04-2017, 03:09 PM
I feel like I'm going to be negative on Paw again but I wouldn't reccomend going there. Pathing is terrible and a lot of healers make it difficult. I know you said off the beaten path but I just never enjoyed my time there.

You also may be high enough to go the entrance mobs in the hole. Never been myself but Rygar is so passionate about it there must be something to it! Seems like a cool spot with Loam drops and the corpse run can be mitigated with some planning of a Brell Rogue I think? Someone else can give a better explanation than I can.

You could also do Specteal Keepers in TT if you'd like. Think they are lvl 38-40 wizards so that can be a little annoying when you are breaking charm but always a ton of mobs up when I've been there.

I think Kedge would be fun I never tried it on my chanter but plan on going with a different character at some point. Great ZEM too but the underwater thing always kept me away.

Where are the TT keepers? Never heard of it.

pijan
05-04-2017, 03:11 PM
At your level I think the only/best camp is the fish in the area where you first zone in. For most classes it's a pain to split them (you have to agro a bunch, root one, zone, come back, kill the one you rooted, repeat) but that shouldn't be an issue as an Enchanter. Also there's a rare mob (Fierce Impaler) whose rare drop, Darksea Harpoon, is worth 500-1k plat (and his common drop sells for a few hundred).

Once you're too high for those fish you can explore almost the entire zone with invis to find your next spot: as long as you avoid the two named mermaids and Phinegal nothing else in the zone sees invis.

One warning though: whether you have a fishbone earring or just fish scales/enduring breath, when you die you will have neither of these things. This isn't a huge issue for the entry fish (they're close enough you can swim to them and loot your corpse before you run out of breath), but once you go deeper I'd recommend parking an alt with a few fish scales nearby, so that if you do have to make a corpse run you can drop/transfer a fish scale to your main (or alternatively leave a corpse with several fish scales, all separated in to different slots).

Can I just use water elemental illusions or does stuff dispelled?

loramin
05-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Can I just use water elemental illusions or does stuff dispelled?

The seahorses can dispel, and possibly the mermaids also. However the fish and the sharks don't, and you can completely avoid seashorses/mermaids if you want.

Where are the TT keepers? Never heard of it.

I assume that refers to http://wiki.project1999.com/Spectral_Keepers, which are all over the ruins in TT.

Barlu
05-05-2017, 09:38 AM
The Traknaons Teeth keepers should be around #4 on the wiki leading to the Seb key turn in. Think they will stay dark blue till 52.

Tecmos Deception
05-05-2017, 09:48 AM

Water elemental illusion doesn't take scales. Handy for CRs or when you don't want a different illusion up.

Mid- and upper-40s seems like a dead spot to me in terms of "off the beaten path solo spots." That's the point where I ended up leaving dungeons when doing my solo chanter videos and visiting LOIO bloodgill goblins, DL, and CoM, IIRC. If kedge works for you, it'd be super off the beaten path, that's for sure. Lots of people swear by it. It always annoyed me... or maybe I just never spent enough time there to figure it out :)

I think Kaesora is a bit too low to be really nice XP at 45 though. Xalgoz is 40 and pretty nasty, but everything else is right at the edge of being green IIRC. It's definitely doable down there, just not sure if it's worth it for the XP alone.

Izmael
05-05-2017, 10:06 AM
TT keepers start to green out at 51. You can ding 52 on them, but I recommend moving on at 51, at which point you CAN start doing HS basement if you have a trusted and capable cleric with you + a CR plan so you don't waste 1 hour after each death (that will happen at 51).

loramin
05-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Water elemental illusion doesn't take scales. Handy for CRs or when you don't want a different illusion up.

After dying multiple times in Kedge recently and having to to either send alts over to Dagnor's with fish scales or try to make a SoW-powered swim through most of the dungeon on a single breath, I now have yet another reason to be insanely jealous of Enchanters.

Also, I have the sudden urge to go level mine.

EDIT:

On the plus side, all those deaths got me 7x Driftwood Treasure Chests (http://wiki.project1999.com/Driftwood_Treasure_Chest), which may well be a server first as I'm not sure anyone else is stupid enough to do that camp for so long.

ghost182
05-05-2017, 12:13 PM
i would recommend floor 6A in ToFS. you wont get any big ticket items there but youll get some coin and weapons. youll need to spend a good session getting yourself keyed to go up there, and in the long run it might wield you some decent tserina items from floor 7. but you can absolutely charm kill 1by1 the undead drolvargs until lvl 51ish.

They are each in their own little cubby along 2 hallways, so they dont aggro because of LoS. charm 1 kill 1 and rinse repeat.

I doubt you would every clear them all but if you did there are also 2 rooms on that floor with a ton of spectres that you could also very easily charm kill.