PDA

View Full Version : My statement to those who say we should appreciate P99

Ashimar
02-10-2011, 11:12 AM
I just wanted to post a quick thread to point how people say we should
appreciate the server because its free to play. I say bullshit - the people
who made and run this server have no choice but to make it free to us. Otherwise
they get a lawsuit from Sony.

/q

darkblade717
02-10-2011, 11:14 AM
You're an idiot. They volunteered their time to make something for a bunch of people they don't even know to enjoy because of their love of the game. It's not the fucking money that they give a shit about it's the fact that idiots like you fucking cry every 2 seconds about everything and don't have the intelligence to realize that another human being dedicated their time, without even being asked, to make something for scumfucks like YOU!! Fuck, they don't even ask for a 'Thank You', and all they do get is 'Fuck You'.

Ashimar
02-10-2011, 11:18 AM
No one asked them to volunteer their time, They choose to do it themselves. And if money isn't much of a concern there wouldn't be a Donate button.

darkblade717
02-10-2011, 11:24 AM
No one asked them to volunteer their time, They choose to do it themselves.

Which is even more of a reason to not be a total jackass to them. It's not like someone said 'hey, do this for free'. They willingly decided 'hey, wouldn't it be cool to give people a decent version of EQ to play instead of all of the SOE garbage nonsense with their endless expansions?'

And if money isn't much of a concern there wouldn't be a Donate button.

You try running a server this big and see how your electric and internet bill looks at the end of the month. The donations button is there for Rogean@co can at least break even at the end of the month when the bills come in.

DOPE
02-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Yeah this dude fucking blows. Boo this man!!

Ashimar
02-10-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm not or never have been a Jackass to people who run this server. And i do appreciate the server in a different context - just not that its "Free to play."
I'm simply pointing out facts. Example...

Project99: Where people sell NODROP items.

korrowan
02-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Just ban this clown..hes an ass.

Humerox
02-10-2011, 11:33 AM
nice troll

Omnimorph
02-10-2011, 11:55 AM
They could keep the server private, available to a select few. Still for free. They don't owe anyone anything.

azeth
02-10-2011, 12:02 PM
WARS USE EXE AXE

Ashimar
02-10-2011, 12:05 PM
WARS USE EXE AXE

Lol been a long time. I Prefer Razing Sword of Skarlon now.

maegi
02-10-2011, 12:33 PM
throws the troll a bag of nuts...

Massive Marc
02-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Ashimar,

Every time you go to create a post, stop and think: "is this post going to make me sound like a retard"

If you exercised this option more, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have to read a single post from you ever again.

xshayla701
02-10-2011, 12:40 PM
lol man this guy's posts always crack me up

Ashimar
02-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Ashimar,

Every time you go to create a post, stop and think: "is this post going to make me sound like a retard"

If you exercised this option more, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have to read a single post from you ever again.

Stating facts doesn't make me think im going to sound like a tard.

Massive Marc
02-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Your "facts" got thrown out the window in the second post and every other post in this thread. How you manage to find the "Post Reply" button fucking baffles me.

Messianic
02-10-2011, 01:01 PM
WARS USE EXE AXE

hahahaha

WARRIORS WEILD WHAT THEY WANNA

(misspelling intentional)

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18465&highlight=warriors+weild

Omnimorph
02-10-2011, 01:11 PM
hahahaha

WARRIORS WEILD WHAT THEY WANNA

(misspelling intentional)

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18465&highlight=warriors+weild

Yah. My war will be rockin' 2 blood points when kunark is out!

Ashimar
02-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Your "facts" got thrown out the window in the second post and every other post in this thread. How you manage to find the "Post Reply" button fucking baffles me.

Its at the bottom of the page in clear view. Simple huh?

Omnimorph
02-10-2011, 01:28 PM

Actually, i accidently adblocked the image before and it wasn't there!!!

Thetruth
02-10-2011, 01:29 PM

The truth says,

You are rude. Regardless if this is how you feel. Why do you show the devs hate? Read this and tell me what you would think if you were a dev. Do you not play on the server? Do you not post on the forums? They put hard work into these things. I hope your enjoying yourself. Regardless of the motives they had for doing it. You should show some appreciatation by not posting this kind of shit. It just makes you look like a jerk. This is the truth.

Ashimar
02-10-2011, 01:47 PM
The truth says,

You are rude. Regardless if this is how you feel. Why do you show the devs hate? Read this and tell me what you would think if you were a dev. Do you not play on the server? Do you not post on the forums? They put hard work into these things. I hope your enjoying yourself. Regardless of the motives they had for doing it. You should show some appreciatation by not posting this kind of shit. It just makes you look like a jerk. This is the truth.

If i was a DEV i wouldnt give a damn what Ashimar thought.

Jovanni
02-10-2011, 01:48 PM
You try running a server this big and see how your electric and internet bill looks at the end of the month. The donations button is there for Rogean@co can at least break even at the end of the month when the bills come in.

I'm sure the box is at a data center, not in his basement hehe. Theres nothing wrong with this persons statment.

I Myself used to run an SAMP server, I first started out playing on some servers then i figured i could run one better. I loved the game but wanted to play it my way and enjoy it with others for free mind you. So i built a script got a dedicated box around 150 a month and setup a donation system. The donations far exceeded the server cost so not only did I have a box for free I could also use for other things aswell and buy more beer.

Anyhow, love playing here. keep up the good work!

Thetruth
02-10-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm sure the box is at a data center, not in his basement hehe. Theres nothing wrong with this persons statment.

I Myself used to run an SAMP server, I first started out playing on some servers then i figured i could run one better. I loved the game but wanted to play it my way and enjoy it with others for free mind you. So i built a script got a dedicated box around 150 a month and setup a donation system. The donations far exceeded the server cost so not only did I have a box for free I could also use for other things aswell and buy more beer.

The truth says,

I'd laugh if a renegade dev fucked the server. Not only fucked the server , but hacked your computer and fucked you too.

Jovanni
02-10-2011, 01:53 PM
The truth says,

I'd laugh if a renegade dev fucked the server. Not only fucked the server , but hacked your computer and fucked you too.

the truth set me free,

Noser
02-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I can just picture this guy on the Jerry Springer show saying, "I'll wield what I want!"

john_savage1982
02-10-2011, 03:53 PM
http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/133413/Equality-Banner02.jpg

darkblade717
02-10-2011, 04:13 PM

The devs are still footing the bill for utilities, regardless if it's at Rogean's actual residence or a data center.

I support your buy more beer policy.

purist
02-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Please direct tells in-game to Hydro or Zaphyer (alt)

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17685

Rogean
02-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Yea, $150 a month... maybe if we were on a dual core server with 2 GB of ram and a 7200 rpm hard drive, in a data center with no SLA's, terrible service and reliability, and horrible connectivity.

Maybe under-exagerating, but you get the point.. you get what you pay for, and what we pay for is nothing less than what it takes to operate a full everquest server in a quality data center, hardware wise and network wise.

And lets not forget ddos protection.. that didn't come cheap.

korrowan
02-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Yea, $150 a month... maybe if we were on a dual core server with 2 GB of ram and a 7200 rpm hard drive, in a data center with no SLA's, terrible service and reliability, and horrible connectivity.

Maybe under-exagerating, but you get the point.. you get what you pay for, and what we pay for is nothing less than what it takes to operate a full everquest server in a quality data center, hardware wise and network wise.

And lets not forget ddos protection.. that didn't come cheap.

DDOS protection is mad expensive. At the place that houses my businesses server its like 2500 just for the hardware!

Messianic
02-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Ashimar got owned.

But i'll always remember that he taught me to WEILD WHAT YOU WANNA

quido
02-11-2011, 02:13 PM
You can sell No Drops here? Cite reference please.

Seaweedpimp
02-11-2011, 02:14 PM
He just means jboots. lawl