PDA

View Full Version : Another Dev Bites the dust.

conFIGured
02-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Good luck in your EQ classic fun and games guys. You population should really look at all the work the project1999 staff does for you guys FOR FREE so you can play FOR FREE.. I for one cannot deal with you guys. I played along side of you and decided to help development for your server. Just cant do it.. You guys bicker and complain about every single thing and what changes? NOTHING! You wake up and log in the very next day to cry bitch and moan some more and LOVE IT! My time is not worth your bitching and moaning.

Enjoy

conFIGured - Resigned
Resi - Retired

Slathar
02-09-2011, 08:55 PM
im sorry that you feel that way. i enjoyed playing on project1999 and your hard work was/is much appreciated. i can totally understand why you feel this way, though.

the population here is pretty poor in terms of attitude/entitlement and appreciation for your work.

i guess im just saying thank you for your work and sorry that things ended up this way for you.

Japan
02-09-2011, 08:59 PM
laugh out loud

President
02-09-2011, 09:01 PM
You wake up and log in the very next day to cry bitch and moan some more and LOVE IT! My time is not worth your bitching and moaning.

Enjoy

conFIGured - Resigned
Resi - Retired

I actually bitch and moan without logging in anymore. It's impressive! Not that I don't appreciate what yall do, but the current raid scene(SEE: sockfest) isn't anything close to classic, and it doesn't appear the GM's/Dev's care at all.

Tumdumm
02-09-2011, 09:02 PM
:(

JayDee
02-09-2011, 09:02 PM
wut

Glaani
02-09-2011, 09:05 PM
The silent MAJORITY of us are extremely grateful for all that is provided to us for free. Unfortunately, the whiners are louder than we are, and more prolific in their posts.

Because of your hard work I was able to enjoy playing EQ again with my friends from 7-8 years ago, something I didn't think would ever happen!

Because of your dedication to this project, I got to relive some of my best MMO memories, which includes meeting my husband.

Thank you for your hard work and good luck in your future endeavors. :)

Jjlent
02-09-2011, 09:07 PM
damn dude sorry to see u quit. PM before u leave

YendorLootmonkey
02-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Eh, ignore the bitchers and the whiners... they will NEVER be happy. If they cause you to leave, you let them win. :( Do it because you care about the project, not the people who bitched/complained for years on EQLive then came here and nothing was good enough for them, either.

Lazortag
02-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Good luck in your EQ classic fun and games guys. You population should really look at all the work the project1999 staff does for you guys FOR FREE so you can play FOR FREE.. I for one cannot deal with you guys. I played along side of you and decided to help development for your server. Just cant do it.. You guys bicker and complain about every single thing and what changes? NOTHING! You wake up and log in the very next day to cry bitch and moan some more and LOVE IT! My time is not worth your bitching and moaning.

Enjoy

conFIGured - Resigned
Resi - Retired

hey configured. I really do appreciate all the work you do (I saw you on the beta server all the time). In fact I think even the douchebags on the server appreciate the work you do, they just have a weird way of showing it. It's not too late to reconsider your decision, understandable as it might be.

Noser
02-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Dev team: Don't let the self-entitled minority get you guys down. They are a small bunch that happen to be very vocal and whiney on the forums.

The vast majority of this server greatly appreciates all your work. They are silent because they have very little to complain about and they are off enjoying the server that you have provided for them. Trust me, you guys are appreciated.

I myself may have disagreed with some GM decisions in the past but I've always appreciated the development and work you guys have put into this server and I've been here since day one.

Noser
02-09-2011, 09:22 PM
I actually bitch and moan without logging in anymore. It's impressive! Not that I don't appreciate what yall do, but the current raid scene(SEE: sockfest) isn't anything close to classic, and it doesn't appear the GM's/Dev's care at all.

It's not their responsibility to babysit the community.

Nedala
02-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Makes me sad :(

Im pretty sure the majority of the playerbase doesn't even visit this forum, and most peopöle appreciate your work without bitching about it.

Anyway, thanks for your help on p99 i hope you come back sometime.

beowulf420
02-09-2011, 09:39 PM
:( some of us do appreciate the hard work put in by the dev team. unfortunately, those lighting up the boards on a regular basis are low-life scum that clearly have nothing better to do.

Thanks for your contributions config.

Badmartigan
02-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Sorry you let things get to you man. This place and people can def get under your skin.

I totally understand where you're coming from man, and I hope you end up continuing with game development somewhere where you dont have to put up with so much open criticism.

cheers

Gorgetrapper
02-09-2011, 09:53 PM
This just means, permanently get rid of the fucking people who are causing this shit to happen. You don't come across people who like to do this shit for FREE on their own FREE time.

Alkorin
02-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Definitely sad to see you go, but I hear ya. Too many self-important douchebags in the emu community that demand attention and results when they deserve neither.

Alkorin
02-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Also, TMO vs. Fear/Naggy taggers, thank you for demonstrating exactly how fucking childish this community can be. <3 you.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-09-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm gonna guess when job hunt time comes around, this goes somewhere on the resume. Not a total waste of time.

Jjlent
02-09-2011, 10:44 PM
90% of the population here are so appreciative of what you and the other devs/GMs do they just don't troll the forums, please don't let these negative faggots get to you man, i understand it can be extremely stressful doing so much hard work for free just to be criticized by a bunch of negative f***s. all your hard work is extremely appreciated bro.
If you check this forum please PM me bro.

Ronas
02-09-2011, 10:51 PM
very appreciative on the hard work and helping the dev team make this server. I think just take out the frustration on some of the community as i am sure some of the other dev/gm are doing to blow off steam.

Like put hidden traps around and watch people fall in them and have a good laugh watching.

Lucrio40
02-09-2011, 10:55 PM

Enjoy

conFIGured - Resigned
Resi - Retired

TL:DR THEY DON'T APPRECIATE ME Q_Q

http://racetalkblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/crybaby.jpg

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Im thinking he should have just rolled into EC during peak hours as Rallos Zek, broadcast "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!" and roll the zone. Stess relieved.

azeth
02-09-2011, 11:18 PM
see ya later toolbag

Gandite
02-09-2011, 11:18 PM
It only takes a few minutes browsing these forums to see that this truly is the worst place on the internet.

xshayla701
02-09-2011, 11:19 PM
TL:DR

that's silly

saucer
02-09-2011, 11:52 PM
see ya later toolbag

Mongoloids like you are the case in point of the original post, and what could bring the server down.

Funny thing is not a single person would rather have you stay and a dev leave, you basically shit up the server for all of us.

KilyenaMage
02-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Go FIGure. Get it!?!?

KilyenaMage
02-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Oh...and thanks for finishing Kunark up first.

Ongbak
02-10-2011, 02:31 AM
I can't speak for anyone else but I'm just letting you know that I do appreciated your hard work from the dev. team. I would never imagine to be able to play this game ever again and here I am, tried to play 3-4 hours a week and juggling between family and work and EQ haha.

Secrets
02-10-2011, 02:32 AM
I'm gonna step in here and say this:

While the majority of the population may be like you are describing, remember what you did in your time here as a developer is for the greater good; for classic EverQuest. You will be missed, even if they don't respect you being missed.

Best of luck in life.

Reynard_CT
02-10-2011, 02:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/ReynardCunningfox/LeaveConfiguredAlone.jpg

Leave conFIGured alone!

President
02-10-2011, 02:46 AM
It's not their responsibility to babysit the community.

Of course not, but their attempt here is to recreate classic, which did not have random 7-9 day spawns. Even worse, there are far more capable level 50's than classic.

The turnover rate of players is already high. When end game is a sock fest instead of the exciting race it was in classic, it's even worse. When the same people on my friends list have logged in since the server opened don't show up anymore, there might be an issue. Will Kunark fix that if they keep the current boss spawn system? Sure, temporarily. The shit I used to hear every day about how excited people were about raiding in Kunark has turned into "well... I'll be happy do some sebilis I guess?"

Of course the devs will say they don't do it for the players, but I highly doubt they would have a team of devs if only 5 players were on the server even if nilbog says otherwise. It's a sense of accomplishment to see 800 players a night knowing 90%+ of the players that come to this server stayed or left happy. I wouldn't actually mind contributing myself since I actually have free time at work, but, lol... I don't see them allowing that.

I am echoing the sentiments of many past and present players who would *love* to continue this end game as it was in classic. I've done it in a mostly polite manner, and there has been nothing back from devs but dismissal. The "best" reason I've seen out of nilbog for not doing simulated patch days was that the "creators probably wouldn't have wanted respawn on hardware down time," which I find hard to believe considering how long it lasted.

I feel the real reason is they don't want to "give in to the players," or set a precedent for doing so. Though, one would think with the success from the database crash and rogeans respawn a couple weeks ago....

jilena
02-10-2011, 03:18 AM
Awww. I don't think I have ever interracted with you outside of IRC but I am sad to see anyone who spent their personal time giving me this happy server to play on go. Especially on less than the happiest of terms. I love the EQ drama but I guess I could see it getting old when it's directed your way regularly.

Best of luck!

Also I think the tag system is the best thing that ever happened to these forums. Every time I scroll down and read something random about alawen or xyz guild I smile a little. With my penis.

Noser
02-10-2011, 04:02 AM
I'm gonna step in here and say this:

While the majority of the population may be like you are describing, remember what you did in your time here as a developer is for the greater good; for classic EverQuest. You will be missed, even if they don't respect you being missed.

Best of luck in life.

I agree with Secrets. I just wish you guys didn't feel like the entire community was against you. I think it just feels that way because 80 % of the posters are trolls. It's the sad truth of how message boards work i think :/

aggresor223
02-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Love what you guys do, have no complaints personally, accept the asshats that take the "rules" to new level and have no respect for a fellow eq gamer. There is always going to be the doushbag that bitches about anything and everything. Ban hammer imo =). Sorry to see you go and thanks for all the work you put in man (for real)

mitic
02-10-2011, 05:30 AM
what happened so bad for taking this decision? some random kids nerdraging in kunark forum? if so, why was no action taken by forum-mods or ingame-gms?

anyways, thanks for your time you "wasted" (?) on the project! <3

mitic
02-10-2011, 05:35 AM
Mongoloids like you are the case in point of the original post, and what could bring the server down.

Funny thing is not a single person would rather have you stay and a dev leave, you basically shit up the server for all of us.

i dont agree on the mongoloids part but i do on the rest since ive experienced it already once on VZ/TZ

as a dev you need a clear mind and be 100% troll-resistant or a server could die in a second (as seen on vz/tz)

Thetruth
02-10-2011, 05:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/ReynardCunningfox/LeaveConfiguredAlone.jpg

Leave conFIGured alone!

The truth says,

This is Secerets photo. Why have you posted his emotions?

Omnimorph
02-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Bye.

Appreciate your work, but not so much for your reason for leaving. If you can't see that the vast majority appreciate the work you do, but then the few who habitually complain about everything have gotten to you, then i question your reasons for doing it in the first place.

I'm assuming you had a bad experience whilst playing the game? i bet most people have had a bad experience at some point, they don't let it get to them, or QQ over how the community is so bad.

As said, i appreciate the time you spent to help develop this server.

Messianic
02-10-2011, 08:26 AM
It only takes a few minutes browsing these forums to see that this truly is the worst place on the internet.

4chan??????????

maegi
02-10-2011, 09:00 AM
I don't know you Configured, but I know a mutual friend that plays here. I'm sad to see you leave as anyone who helps develop here is an asset to this project as a whole, obviously. I agree with most who have said the trolls and whiners are actually the minority here, just have the smallest cocks and the largest holes to spout off their insecurities and shortcomings to the rest of the community here on a regular basis. I wish I could talk to you personally to know more of exactly what happened to make you decide to quit working here. Your reason was rather vague. I can imagine it though from personal experience and from simply reading these forums on a regular basis. I wish you the best in whatever it is you decide to do in the future. I thank you personally for the time and effort you put forth to help this game and this community. Your efforts as well as all devs that work here are very much appreciated. Thank you!

Rynada
02-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Sorry to see that the "whiners" have gotten to you. I don't post very often and I am sad to see you leave. I want you to know that the majority of the people that play this game probably do not ever come to the forums, or they read but don't bother posting. They are playing and enjoying all the work that you and the other Dev's have put into this game. This is my first online game experience and I can say that it has had its ups and downs. There are some great people on this server, but there are some others that are a complete waste of the air they breathe. Often times the rude inconsiderate people have made me feel as if I no longer wanted to play. I try not to let them get to me. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to devote your time to, and thank you wholeheartedly, for all the work you have put into seeing that we have a gaming experience to enjoy. Thank you to all the Dev's who devote their free time to helping with this project. Do not let the minority who badmouth everyone outweigh the majority that actually play the game.

anotherfiz
02-10-2011, 09:20 AM
there will always be spergs and assholes.

I know the majority of you devs joined this project because you LOVE eq (and programming), and i know that it sucks to see something you've worked so hard on get shit on by ignants who would rather blame other people than themselves for stupidity.

I hope your decisions dont come from the cess pool that is these forums

Harrison
02-10-2011, 09:25 AM
I don't understand how a dev could take anything seriously from this community. They don't need to handle disputes, petitions, etc.

They don't get GM powers, guide powers, commands, etc. (last I was informed)

Ihealyou
02-10-2011, 10:08 AM
I work as a programmer. For the most part, the only feedback you get is when you screw something up. It can suck, and I don't even have to deal directly with the clients. An angry customer on the phone turns into "Dr. Bob needs this soon, so try to get it into the next build" by the time it reaches me. If I had to deal with people screaming things like "OMG LOOKS LIKE THE GMS FAVOR IB AGAIN", I probably wouldn't last long either.

Fromage
02-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Sorry to see you go man, had some fun times with you on beta.

Airdefier
02-10-2011, 12:13 PM
I hope you change your mind and stay, you just have to ignore terrible people sometimes

girth
02-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Whining about whiners. That's cccccRRaaaaaZZZyy.

He only quit so he could play progression.

Massive Marc
02-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Whining about whiners. That's cccccRRaaaaaZZZyy.

He only quit so he could play progression.

Bingo !

karsten
02-10-2011, 12:29 PM
virtually everyone really appreciates what the devs do, as I believe is evidenced in this thread, but I would think that a thick skin to deal with the outliers in our player base would be a prerequisite for the position, just sayin.

maegi
02-10-2011, 12:30 PM
wow...

Kassel
02-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Best of luck Config! I enjoyed the good times on Beta.

Bones
02-10-2011, 01:50 PM
see ya later toolbag
You're fucking bad ass, guy.

azeth
02-10-2011, 02:21 PM
You're fucking bad ass, guy.

I guess. Sorry I don't have sympathy for a volunteer griping about not being paid.

Alkorin
02-10-2011, 02:24 PM
If that's what you think he was complaining about, you're truly broken. irl.

azeth
02-10-2011, 02:24 PM
If that's what you think he was complaining about, you're truly broken. irl.

If you think "complaints" from the masses are worth griping about, you are as well.

Thetruth
02-10-2011, 02:26 PM

The truth is,

No one fuckin cares. Your an ungreatful piece of shit. You demand one oreo today ,tomorrow you will want 10 double stuffs. Shut the fuck up you piece of shit. Go whine with Gmuk for all we care. Or better yet join Darkblade. Your post angers me more then anyones. Gm's Dev's don't care at all. FUCK YOU you piece of fortified vagina eaten toe shit. Go mangle on your own penut brittle.

azeth
02-10-2011, 02:27 PM
The truth is,

No one fuckin cares. Your an ungreatful piece of shit. You demand one oreo today ,tomorrow you will want 10 double stuffs. Shut the fuck up you piece of shit. Go whine with Gmuk for all we care. Or better yet join Darkblade. Your post angers me more then anyones. Gm's Dev's don't care at all. FUCK YOU you piece of fortified vagina eaten toe shit. Go mangle on your own penut brittle.

^ our first clue toward Thetruth's true identity. A personal attack on President.. hmm who could it be?

Edward
02-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Enjoy

conFIGured - Resigned
Resi - Retired

Played alongside us? I think this is some DA member crying again.. sigh, go cry somewhere else Jacob!

Asher
02-10-2011, 02:42 PM

Enjoy

conFIGured - Resigned
Resi - Retired

Welcome to humanity my friend. There will always be these people.
As many people have already expressed here already, a majority of us really appreciate what you do and you shouldn't let the bad apples get you down.

Asher

john_savage1982
02-10-2011, 03:47 PM
As I look for groups in lguk/solb/paw: nada
As I check every possible solo spot on the current Norath: all camped
Giving up I try to start a conversation with a dude waiting for respawn at solo spot
Me - "Yo dude what up"
Him - "Camped"
Me - "That's cool, hows it going?"
Him - "Don't try to KS me asshole"
Me - "I won't. Somebody be an asshole tonight?"
Him - "I will petition"
Me - "Whoa dude, okay, enjoy"
Him - "Will"

I have to say this server is pretty fu*ked up.

Humerox
02-10-2011, 06:37 PM
I have to say some of the unappreciative, ignorant, no-life basement dwellers that are allowed to play on this server are pretty fu*ked up.

Fixt.

SUSUGAM
02-10-2011, 08:10 PM
A very small minority bitch and whine, but make up 90% of the muck on these forums. You've really gotta remember that fact. There are several hundred people who have never complained once, who swim in your hard work day in and day out, and have been nothing but appreciative. I think we'd be better off banning 2-3 constant raging douchebag whiners than having them cause the staff to quit.

Or at least just Chtulu.

Abacab "The REAL truth"
02-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Dev team: Don't let the self-entitled minority get you guys down.

A very small minority bitch and whine, but make up 90% of the muck on these forums.

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5704095/Small-minorities-are-made-by-the-bottle.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=pregnant-bitch

Salty
02-11-2011, 02:37 AM

Enjoy

conFIGured - Resigned
Resi - Retired

You did pathing for non-aggroed NPCs in Kunark.

Good work bro.

aggresor223
02-11-2011, 03:27 AM
FUCK YOU you piece of fortified vagina eaten toe shit. Go mangle on your own penut brittle.

LOL! :D

Razdeline
02-11-2011, 04:15 AM
IMO the crybabies just need to be banned. Nothing to cry about. If your a crybaby conspiracy junky you need to learn how to play, not be a douchebag so people want to play with you, and not be a douchebag.

And look what happens, dev's take off and it really makes me sad to see it, but I cant blame them. If these crybabies had any sense of honor, respect, and an amount of discipline to control their crybaby emotions, shit like this wouldnt happen.

I think a forum user ranking system would be good implementation if at all possible. If they go below a certain number they just get permanently banned.

Razdeline
02-11-2011, 04:16 AM
People have no fucking appreciation for what people do for THEM for FREE.

Omnimorph
02-11-2011, 05:42 AM

It comes down to their warped sense of entitlement. They know it's free, they know you're spending your spare time to do something with little to no reward... and yet they still think you owe them something and will criticise you for it.

On the opposite side, you have the idiots who think that because the thing is free, that any sort of critical feedback is ungrateful and rude... if you can't handle criticism, then avoid being in a position to receive it.

Thetruth
02-11-2011, 06:46 AM

The truth is,

I appreciate what the truth does for me.

Wizard
02-11-2011, 06:06 PM
The truth says,

This is Secerets photo. Why have you posted his emotions?

The Truth is, Secrets** would kick your ass.

Jupiler
02-11-2011, 06:14 PM
The silent MAJORITY of us are extremely grateful for all that is provided to us for free.

That !

fastboy21
02-11-2011, 06:15 PM
If it isn't fun for you then you shouldn't be doing it...

the only significance your quitting really has for me is that it makes me wonder if the future of this server is really stable. this server can not run on auto-pilot, at least not with the size and complexity of its current community. if some devs are getting burned out and walking away, putting less effort, etc. then sooner or later quality will suffer.

I've said it many times before, but thank you to the devs (past and current) who have contributed to this server. I hope you all keep finding ways to re-energize your batteries, and keep this server fun for you----you all are certainly keeping it for fun for me and many others.

Lazortag
02-11-2011, 06:35 PM
People should probably have a bit more respect for the devs than they do now. In fact people should probably just get along better than they already do. I know it's the internet and people should have thick skin and all, but what if you alienate the wrong person? What if someone had alienated savok and he never made those updated UI's? What if someone had alienated the guy who made the helm fix for humans and half elves? You can say, "well you gotta be able to deal with assholes, it's part of the job, blah blah", and even if that's true in some abstract way, there's still bad consequences if someone can't take the stress anymore and leaves, and the project loses another brilliant contributor.

Jayko
02-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Lame. Sorry you couldn't deal with out community of half retarded monkeys. Unfortunately usually the mentally afflicted are more pleasant to deal with.

Azeth, while you might not feel any 'pity' for someone walking away from a volunteer gig, you could at least not be a dick to someone that did help out in the development of something I know you've been waiting on for months.

While I know that other devs have been helping without being logged into the server (Go go Uthgaard spelldat), besides Rogean who's constant-afk, Config has probably had more time actually at the keyboard logged into the server than anyone else I've seen on my time in beta. Why you felt the need to attack the post is beyond me. Sure, it's an attack on the nastier and more immature components of our little community here. The community has it coming.

I don't know most of the other forum members that clearly live under bridges, but I do know you. You're not as big a tool in game as you are on the forums, so please, man, scale back the douchebaggery.

-Jayko (Azeth's guildmate)

KilyenaMage
02-11-2011, 07:20 PM
You're not as big a tool in game as you are on the forums, so please, man, scale back the douchebaggery.

-Jayko (Azeth's guildmate)

No because being a massive tool IN game would result in him not getting his uber-loots.

So basically, IN game he's putting on an act....PRETENDING to be a decent person. When in reality his forum persona is much closer to his actual being.

Whatever guild he's in should just kick him....teach him a lesson...then he can go 10-box by himself on the EZ server. Hell, he could even troll the EZ server forums!!!

KilyenaMage
02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
The above was both a rant AND a flame....but it's safe for work.

Is this the appropriate forum?

Slathar
02-11-2011, 07:52 PM
No because being a massive tool IN game would result in him not getting his uber-loots.

So basically, IN game he's putting on an act....PRETENDING to be a decent person. When in reality his forum persona is much closer to his actual being.

Whatever guild he's in should just kick him....teach him a lesson...then he can go 10-box by himself on the EZ server. Hell, he could even troll the EZ server forums!!!

for the love of god i hope you don't own a fire arm or else i fear that you'll be another in the long line of gun-wielding sociopathic asperger's champions taking pot shots at innocent bystanders

oh yeah CAPITAL LETTERS FOR EMPHASIS DURRRRR

Harrison
02-11-2011, 08:16 PM
for the love of god i hope you don't own a fire arm or else i fear that you'll be another in the long line of gun-wielding sociopathic asperger's champions taking pot shots at innocent bystanders

oh yeah CAPITAL LETTERS FOR EMPHASIS DURRRRR

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/other-games/142905d1276890517-secret-mana-coming-iphone-word-inigo-montoya-word-think-means-princess-bride-mand-demotivational-poster-1260739585.jpg

Slathar
02-11-2011, 09:14 PM
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/other-games/142905d1276890517-secret-mana-coming-iphone-word-inigo-montoya-word-think-means-princess-bride-mand-demotivational-poster-1260739585.jpg

what word are you referring to, thou who doth not holdeth a GED?

Bones
02-12-2011, 01:42 AM
Azeth, while you might not feel any 'pity' for someone walking away from a volunteer gig, you could at least not be a dick to someone that did help out in the development of something I know you've been waiting on for months.

x10.
That "toolbag" has been developing Kunark content for you for free. Go choke on a dick.

afravi
02-12-2011, 01:53 PM
this server fucking sucks lol, do a better job

Wizard
02-12-2011, 01:58 PM
what word are you referring to, thou who doth not holdeth a GED?

Banned, Lulz.

nilbog
02-12-2011, 01:59 PM
this server fucking sucks lol, do a better job

LoL snakeye. You made a great name for yourself.

vincin
02-12-2011, 02:04 PM
What does this mean for P99?......

vincin
02-12-2011, 02:08 PM
project nine-teen ninty-nine

maegi
02-12-2011, 03:07 PM
it means we lost a good developer because of the assholes that like to lurk in these forums and in the game KSings, training and being general douchebags, grow the fuck up.

vincin
02-12-2011, 03:10 PM
This is actually really sad. Its a great server. I wish people would appreciate things. I hope P99 remains stable...

fastboy21
02-12-2011, 03:15 PM
you can't have it both ways, some devs can't have the opinion that the players don't matter, while some devs are actually sensitive to it. when that happens you are going to get major disharmony.

its a good thing that the dev is leaving because if he stayed he would be making himself miserable...and nobody, paid or volunteer, wants to be involved with work that isn't satisfying, rewarding, or fun.

so, since the community isn't going to change i think he did the right thing. i hope he finds a way to recharge his batteries and have fun here again so he can come back, but if not i hope he moves on to something that new that is rewarding.

William_Munny15
02-15-2011, 08:58 PM
It means the world keeps on spinning i believe

Harrison
02-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Banned, Lulz.

I didn't notice until now that he was banned, there's been a bit less of him following my every post in every forum lol

Humerox
02-16-2011, 02:39 AM
he'll proxy and be back, i'm sure...just to continue the luv, lol

Humerox
02-16-2011, 02:41 AM
it means we lost a good developer because of the assholes that like to lurk in these forums and in the game KSings, training and being general douchebags, grow the fuck up.

oh ya... this.

Thetruth
02-16-2011, 08:43 AM
virtually everyone really appreciates what the devs do, as I believe is evidenced in this thread, but I would think that a thick skin to deal with the outliers in our player base would be a prerequisite for the position, just sayin.

The truth is,

I'm sure most would appreciate it if we found out you got murdered by a midget black man on crack. Heres for wishful thinking *middle finger* shut up scumbag.

shuklak
02-16-2011, 05:58 PM
usually it's the loud minority make the most noise!

Rebby
02-16-2011, 07:06 PM
i miss you resitance!

-Dallben ~Chaotic Delusions~

Thana8088
02-16-2011, 07:08 PM
I don't visit the RnF forum much because, well, it's pretty damned useless; but that does mean I missed this post by ConFIGured/Resitance a week ago.

I am incredibly sad to see you go, Fig. Please, please let me know if you ever come back.

Please. :(

Jjlent
02-16-2011, 10:10 PM
come back homey!!!!! btw if u read this the shroom pathing in seb is really good, very nicely done my friend, i know u worked hard on those.

Jjlent 50 Monk
Blane 50 Necro
Co-founder/officer of Eclipse

Spectre
02-19-2011, 11:22 AM
I know what you kinda mean configured, people seem to complain but not be willing to fix it themselves. People should go sell lewts in ec tunnel while running quests on the beta server to help out. You still my home boy. Thanks for all the rez clicks in the beta server.

Yak
02-19-2011, 01:08 PM
I agree that the DEVs have put in a huge amount of hard work. However, it took Sony a very long time to listen to their player base, implement voting and finally make the neat perfect EQ progression server. I have found that here there appears to be a high level of ignorance and elitist attitude. Classic or bust!!! It's a real shame because with a few modifications, this could really be the best version of EQ. However, the owners and DEVs want to stay true to what they believe is their version of classic. Anyways life and gaming go on. :)

Knuckle
02-19-2011, 03:07 PM

Enjoy

conFIGured - Resigned
Resi - Retired

wow you dont have skin thick enough to dev for a bluebie server? try being a gm on pvp server.

Knuckle
02-19-2011, 03:09 PM
im sorry that you feel that way. i enjoyed playing on project1999 and your hard work was/is much appreciated. i can totally understand why you feel this way, though.

the population here is pretty poor in terms of attitude/entitlement and appreciation for your work.

i guess im just saying thank you for your work and sorry that things ended up this way for you.

let me know what magical gaming community has a positive/endearing personality towards the developers and share such beliefs. Hello kitty online? Maple story?

StinkyGreenBud
02-20-2011, 04:14 AM
***** please, shut the fuck up. You pack more fudge than the goddamned Keebler elves in the old oak tree.

Thats alot of fudge.

Maze513
04-30-2012, 07:27 AM
http://www.saidaonline.com/en/newsgfx/life-is-hard-saidaonline.jpg

FoxxHound
04-30-2012, 10:32 AM
SOrry dude. Lates.

Gmal
04-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Played alongside us? I think this is some DA member crying again.. sigh, go cry somewhere else Jacob!

Hand over the mancard please your avatar and sig needs to be crushed by the anti teeni bopper rage society.

That is all.

Xanthias
04-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Hand over the mancard please your avatar and sig needs to be crushed by the anti teeni bopper rage society.

That is all.

Really Sab? Really?

Truth
04-30-2012, 12:04 PM
cry 2 gm

Enygma
04-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Eh, ignore the bitchers and the whiners... they will NEVER be happy. If they cause you to leave, you let them win. :( Do it because you care about the project, not the people who bitched/complained for years on EQLive then came here and nothing was good enough for them, either.

Lol at Yendor telling him to ignore all of VD.