PDA

View Full Version : Belabor <Disciples of the Gods>

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Prologue...

2. Just because you know the timer a mob's spawn does NOT mean you are entitled to the camp. Examples include Ishva mal, Estrella, and Undertow. I have seen too many threads about ishva mal in particular where there is a person there at the camp and someone comes and either KS's the spawn or charms the mob to bring it somewhere else etc claiming it was theirs due to it being on timer. If you are trying to timer a spawn and you arrive and someone else is there, too bad, you should have been there earlier.

Our story begins in the Lair of the Splitpaw, well not begins really, but perhaps continues. As of late, I find myself idling through the game, and took up camping Hadden for the earring, and decided I would like a Summon Corpse spell for my necromancer alt, and perhaps a robe, for my Magician alt as well. I should also say, forgive it for being wordy, but the usual drivel of OMG WYF KS NOOB or whatever else is placed here is not my style.

I have sat there, there being the Ishva Mal camp, on 3 seperate occasions on this server, with the most recent being this morning. I have encountered several farmers, and a few campers in my adventures there, Beauregard, Callous, Skelemancer, Dwanden, and a player named Belabor. It is to this player to which this post pertains, and the reason it lies here in this section of the forums.

I first encountered Belabor several days ago, as I went to check on Ishva camp, and found her sitting there along with another player or 2 in the room. I asked if it was camped, and Belabor said something to the effect of, "Yes, I have been farming it for weeks trying to get the robe." Now, that could be true, but we all know farmers.. it could also have easily meant she just wanted another robe, or just a defensive statement to avoid the illusion of hey I'm not greedy, just bad luck with the robe!

I digress. I cannot speculate on what is true, or pass judgement, at least... until now perhaps. So it is late Friday night, I cannot sleep, so I run to Ishva Mal and find it uncamped. I would say there is about 7 hours until he spawns, so I set up in the corner of the room on my 50 Magician, and load up Stronghold Kingdoms in the background, and youtube. The hours pass uneventfully, as you can relax in a corner, and not aggro the one room spawn. That is until....

Approximately 2 hours before the Ishva Mal is due, this player named Belabor arrives. I might add, wearing the robe dropped from Ishva. And instantly asks, "Why aren't you keeping the room clear?" Now, we all know what she really means. It is merely a set-up at an attempt of EQ lawyering, in an effort to justify taking the camp, or at least justify a camp dispute. You see these Farmers will say, "If you are camping Ishva Mal, you must clear all these mobs nearby." Or, as she so eloquently put it, "I am hunting gnoll whips, and since you aren't killing these, I will." Pretty transparent, eh?

So I let her know that I am on to her ruse, and send this little piece of what I believed to be pretty good logic. "There are plenty of gnolls not in this room in this zone you could hunt. If your intent was really to hunt whips, you would not choose this exact room at this specific time. There is nothing here, besides the Ishva Mal of note, no reason to 'hunt here' as it were." The reply? "You will not be affected." She then proceeds to summon a pet, and she FDs on the spawn point of the Ishva Mal.

Now it is obvious to anyone with half a brain who simply isn't an ass, or wants to be argumentative what she is doing, or potentially prepared to do.
Now in my mind already we have a clear case of someone not abiding by any kind of play nice policy, being completely rude and discourteous, and basically creating a situation where all sorts of things could happen, drama, for no reason other then they are greedy.

This EXACT situation is covered here in the Camps defined post.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

It specifically mentions Ishva Mal. If someone else is there, too bad so sad. Move on.

2. Just because you know the timer a mob's spawn does NOT mean you are entitled to the camp. Examples include Ishva mal, Estrella, and Undertow. I have seen too many threads about ishva mal in particular where there is a person there at the camp and someone comes and either KS's the spawn or charms the mob to bring it somewhere else etc claiming it was theirs due to it being on timer. If you are trying to timer a spawn and you arrive and someone else is there, too bad, you should have been there earlier.

I think that covers it, but here I am, in Ishva Mal, with this, as I believe Rogean once called this sort of behavior, "douchebaggery" going on.

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-05-2011, 10:55 AM
And yes excuse the poor grammar, all the commas, and well. It is late, I am exhausted, but not tired enough to sleep. Content is what I was going for, not a grade in English class.

Jupiler
02-05-2011, 11:15 AM
And yes excuse the poor grammar, all the commas, and well. It is late, I am exhausted, but not tired enough to sleep. Content is what I was going for, not a grade in English class.

You can add "also excuse my poor logic".

Hint : what's the best way to know the timer on a fixed repop ?

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-05-2011, 11:36 AM
I don't follow you. I do know the timer. Why do you think I was sitting there? I think you are trying to say "Well, obviously she is trying to get the spawn timer."

To which I reply. Bullshit. If that was true, the encounter would have started differently. Not the transparent and idiotic approach of "I am here to hunt for gnoll whips."

Oh, and yes I am a regular Ishva farmer just coincidentally happening to be here hunting gnoll whips 2 hours before he pops. The fact I am on his spawn point with pet made, knowing the spawn time because I was the last to kill him...Oh you know what? I am just here to get a timer.

Got more inane drivel?

AexDestroy
02-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Shaere, love ya man, but I'll let you know right now what Uthgaard is going to say to you if a situation like this gets petitioned.

"Camping mobs is a privelege, If you AFK at all the camp isnt yours. If you dont clear the camp its not yours. If you dont pray to the Camp gods, say 12832974 hailmary's and circle jerk me in the off time, the camp isn't yours. Failure to comply will result in a gross miscalculation of punishment and probably being banned because Uthgaard does not have time to deal with you."

Dont Afk.
Clear the mobs in the room.
tell everyone else to fuck off.
Thats how you camp Ishva.

Hobby
02-05-2011, 03:40 PM
AFK Camping is not an approved method of claiming a spawn. If someone shouts CC, asks if you are camping, yadda yadda ~ then you need to be able to respond that "hey yeah im here, and im camping this" within a resonable time.

'Reasonable' is extremely subjective, I personally prefer to use the time of repops for that zone *such as upper guk, you have around 17 minutes to respond* since there is no rule saying you can not afk between spawns.

But, thats me. Simply put: put there to answer camp checks and keep a stake on your camp -- otherwise you may as well not even be there.

Knuckle
02-05-2011, 04:19 PM
man why cant everyone stop being giant bitches. Right of might, if you can kill the mob its yours.

Knuckle
02-05-2011, 04:20 PM
more i think about it this is mega lols. this shit was rarely dealt with on live, here you get a case by case qq thread for mob stealing in fucking crushbone.

Beauregard
02-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Fuck Belabor.

Jenni D
02-05-2011, 04:55 PM
afk camping - snooze you lose :)

Loke
02-05-2011, 05:14 PM
AFK Camping is not an approved method of claiming a spawn. If someone shouts CC, asks if you are camping, yadda yadda ~ then you need to be able to respond that "hey yeah im here, and im camping this" within a resonable time.

'Reasonable' is extremely subjective, I personally prefer to use the time of repops for that zone *such as upper guk, you have around 17 minutes to respond* since there is no rule saying you can not afk between spawns.

But, thats me. Simply put: put there to answer camp checks and keep a stake on your camp -- otherwise you may as well not even be there.

The issue with what you're saying Hobby is that on previous occasions it has been said that since Ishva is not dependent on a PH, the actual Ishva camp is NOT the mobs in the room. You don't need to clear the mobs to kill the Ishva, so the camp is honestly just waiting on the Ishva to spawn. It is no different than any other spawn - just that instead of 17 or 23 minutes, it is 36 hours. It's really a 1 spawn camp where the PH is the previous Ishva.

Personally, if I were a guide and Shaere were sitting there first and this chick rolled up and tried to snipe it when it spawned she'd be getting a short (maybe 3 day) suspension just because this is pretty blatant douchery imo.

Loke
02-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Also, this isn't really AFK camping. When the rules say AFK camping, I'm pretty sure those were referring to the early days of this server when mages and necros were able to park their pets on the other side of a zone at like a single mob spawn point and slowly exp for hours on end while afk. I remember it being a big issue last winter/spring.

Knuckle
02-05-2011, 05:20 PM
sounds like a huge issue, boring meaningless pve grind is incredibly tedious and they played a class where they can afk and do other things, sorry their not scrubs playing shit leveling classes.

Loke
02-05-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm retarded, like for real.

Gotcha.

Kassel
02-05-2011, 05:28 PM
sounds like a huge issue, boring meaningless pve grind is incredibly tedious and they played a class where they can afk and do other things, sorry their not scrubs playing shit leveling classes.

I agree. ppl who play monk mains are scrubs

Lazortag
02-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Why can't people just be nice about camps? I realize it was never proven that Belabor wanted to take the camp from shaere, but I can't imagine why someone would do that regardless. If I see someone intending to camp something and not clearing the room it's in, if they maintain some sort of physical presence, I'm not going to be a douche and take their camp. It's not like he was purposely keeping Ishva alive forever or doing anything that would affect anyone else. Even if he didn't technically have a valid claim over the camp (which Loke suggests he did, and I think I agree, but let's assume otherwise), who cares? Is it really worth starting a camp dispute over?

TLDR: just play nice.

Noser
02-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Wait. Did she actually try to KS you or was she just clearing trash in the room? There's a difference

Lostprophets
02-05-2011, 06:21 PM
I had a situation similar to this a couple days ago. People could give a fuck less about camp checks for the most part.

I was claiming Royals and Noble in Sol B the other day for several hours. and I was sitting on top of the Noble spawn/PH and Amphetamine from Eclipse rolls in charms a mob that was OOR of aggro right as the Noble spawns, I Melee engage it and he starts Mezzing it, then nuking it, sending pet in, then mezzing it again in a repetitive motion making it impossible to pull it back to royals, as I had been for several hours and KS'd my group.

Also, before he rolls in here denying his douche baggery, I'll add it was witnessed by 9 people aside of myself (6 people in the group + 3 people outside healing/mezzing if needed to help a few of us gain some levels). I petitioned because even if it was a Raid target (obviously it isn't) I was First to engage. Even though i had been claiming it...and nothing happened to him, Not a word from a guide/GM. I wouldn't even have cared so much but I've got a friend new on the server and was in attempt to hook him up with one of them necks that drop there for his Necro.

So yeah Shaere, I'd say it seems like the guides/gm's could give a flying fuck anymore about KSing unless it's in the planes.

Jupiler
02-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Wait. Did she actually try to KS you or was she just clearing trash in the room? There's a difference

Exactly, that rants its because he thinks clearing trash in room (for whips and to know the exact time Mal is killed) was a RUSE !

Droxx
02-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Doesn't sound like she made any effort to KS you at all. Just sayin.

yaaaflow
02-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah what happened next, what`s the end of the story. Did you cum or what?

Hobby
02-05-2011, 08:57 PM
I get petitioned 3 or 4 times a day regarding a few mobs being stolen from them at a derv camp, or some other mob that people kill such as "their giant bat they are fighting and a level 3 runs up and hits it"...... When it becomes a consistent issue and clearly the people involved are acting maliciously to destroy someone's fun, THAT is when we start caring and THAT is when you should petition.

We are not here to babysit every single dispute that comes our way. In shaere's instance, I would of probablly smacked Belabor..that is a camp that requires dedication and it isnt something that will pop every 23 minutes unlike other camps. Regarding the 90% of the other KS disputes? I blatantly ignore them until it becomes a reoccuring issue. People need to stop bitching at every opportunity and try to handle things themselves (WITHIN THE RULES) before calling a guide...we are to be treated as a last resort when all other avenues have been explored.

Lostprophets
02-05-2011, 09:20 PM
I get petitioned 3 or 4 times a day regarding a few mobs being stolen from them at a derv camp, or some other mob that people kill such as "their giant bat they are fighting and a level 3 runs up and hits it"...... When it becomes a consistent issue and clearly the people involved are acting maliciously to destroy someone's fun, THAT is when we start caring and THAT is when you should petition.

We are not here to babysit every single dispute that comes our way. In shaere's instance, I would of probablly smacked Belabor..that is a camp that requires dedication and it isnt something that will pop every 23 minutes unlike other camps. Regarding the 90% of the other KS disputes? I blatantly ignore them until it becomes a reoccuring issue. People need to stop bitching at every opportunity and try to handle things themselves (WITHIN THE RULES) before calling a guide...we are to be treated as a last resort when all other avenues have been explored.

so your saying you ignore issues of people that have already engaged a mob, a named one mind you and someone rolls in and mezzes it, nukes and sends in a pet and KS's you. that's just fabulous, it really is. =D

Hobby
02-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Yes I do...missing 1 mob on a less-than-half hour timer wont kill you. And if it does, then I wish you the best of luck.

Noser
02-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Yes I do...missing 1 mob on a less-than-half hour timer wont kill you. And if it does, then I wish you the best of luck.

He is just saying not to qq over tiny issues, which i agree with.

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-06-2011, 02:24 AM
Who said I was afk camping? I was there, alt tabbing to strong hold kingdoms, but AT the keyboard. And at all camps in EQ, I have the screen situated in such that even while watching youtube or playing zynga poker, or stronghold kingdoms, I see my eq chat box.

My reply to camp checks and Hails, or tells happens within seconds. I don't afk camp, or advocate it. However, I also don't roll up on someone's camp with the intend to eq lawyer them. If someone is at Hadden for 4 hours, and goes afk for 30 minutes to shower or eat, or whatever, I won't be a wanker and try to eq lawyer them. Now, if they are abusing the afk...I do not honestly understand how some of you expect people to sit at a camp staring at a computer screen for 36 hours.

And Loke nailed it. It used to be where walking into someone's camp and sitting or staying there was rude. Pulling another camp's mobs was considered rude. You simply did not do these things. If you are camping AC, and someone comes up and says they are camping the other cyclops, and choose to sit and med at the AC spawn point. Seriously? You are camping Raster of Guk, and a player comes and claims since you aren't killing all the minos in the area, the camp isn't yours. Or, they are just killing for experience, but they sit with pet up, at Rasters spawn point. It's transparent. And rude. Douchebaggery, if you will.

If you want to camp gnoll whips, go anywhere else in paw. Heck I would settle for sitting outside the room, and pulling the ONE mob in the room to your camp.

A good majority of you see this poor behavior regularly. If your raid is IN the Maestro hall, sitting at the door, we didn't pull through the other raid. They got there first, it is their house. So we find another camp spot to sit, and pull. This server it is accepted behavior to run THROUGH another's raid, pull mobs from within aggro radius of their raid, and pull THROUGH them. All sorts of things which violate the spirit and letter of the rules concerning conduct. It says it clear as day if you read the raid rules or camps defined rules. Which are necessary only because people act like wankers. And instead you get wrapped up in minute details, did she ks you? Who the fuck cares? That is a seperate issue. She comes into my camp, tries some transparent lie, sets up a pet and parks on the spawn point of the mob I am camping. THAT is asinine. A deliberate attempt to grief, or provoke something. The polite thing to do, is ask if I mind if they pull mobs from the room. Or if they can FD outside , or in my corner to get a spawn time. You are missing my point Noser. IF paw was overcamped, perhaps I can see a group wanting to fight the one mob inside Ishvas room. But with 2 people in zone? And Droxx, only because Hobby arrived and removed her pre spawn. And once again the point isn't that x player tried to ks or not. That player was griefing. Causing unnecessary angst and drama just because they wanted the mob that was already camped.

You don't friggin sit down at Hadden's spawn point to "Get a timer". You show some respect and courtesy and sit back on the hill and watch. You don't pull, or fight in another person's camp. Because there is potential for training, death, griefing. So if someone deliberately acts like a prick to create conflict, drama, grief, unnecessarily, I'm with Loke. There should be consequences for someone doing so.

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-06-2011, 02:26 AM
The end of the story was Hobby arrived and moved said player to the zone in. My post was not a flame against guides or GMs, or ksing. It was against this idiotic behavior most of you seem to accept.

Hobby
02-06-2011, 03:17 AM
I never suggested you were afk camping to begin with. People failed to understand the reason I brought it up which was to say you were not afk camping, and " otherwise you may as well not even be there" which should of encompassed Belabor.

I don't know why Loke thought I was claiming you were afk camping to begin with, when I was the one who fucking moved the guy out because he had no reason to be there.

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-06-2011, 04:15 AM
Ahh, was not referring to you, was another player in this thread on the first page who seemed to assume I was afk camping, and then others picked it up. I don't think Loke thought that either. My comments were directed to most of the people that are purposefully ignorant with their assumptions. Irregardless, thanks for moving them, helped avoid escalation of the issue.

Ruinous
02-06-2011, 04:26 AM
I lol that you can post a 15 paragraph rant about how rude blabla player was to you simply because they were in your camp yet tell Lostprophets to fuck off when he tries to validate your point about unacceptable behavior continually taking place, through his experience with getting blatantly KSed.

What the fuck are you crying for? Why were you worried about Belabor being in your camp? Was it because you were worried they might take your mob? Funny, that sounds like what Lostprophets was talking about too.... the difference being, he actually lost his mob.

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-06-2011, 04:31 AM
What in God's name are you talking about. Nothing I said was directed towards Lost. Are you on prescription medication?

Massive Marc
02-06-2011, 06:11 AM
The end of the story was Hobby arrived and moved said player to the zone in. My post was not a flame against guides or GMs, or ksing. It was against this idiotic behavior most of you seem to accept.

God, I want to skull fuck you right now. So let me get this straight, your AFK farming, someone comes and FD'd at your camp, you get butt hurt , hobby moves him to the ZONE ?? and you write a rant in R&F ? wow... please uninstalled.:eek:

Scratch&Sniff
02-06-2011, 07:51 AM
he wasn't afk, the above poster clearly is mentally deficient.

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-06-2011, 07:56 AM
I don't understand where you all that I was AFK. I wasn't. Why do all these peons assume I must have been afk. Can I make it clearer?

I WAS NOT AFK.

And even if I had been afk a short period, I wouldn't stand for some farmer to come in and try EQ lawyering me with, you were afk 10 minutes so it is my camp!

William_Munny15
02-06-2011, 09:45 AM
You need to stop twisting Shaere's words. Like he said if I was to pop up by Ishva, and saw somebody sitting there/standing there whatever, I'm moving on... to FD on top of the spawn, to anyone who isn't braindead is a dickhead thing to do. Shaere has a great reputation, and is a great player, I would hope not to encounter anyone that would do the same thing this douch nozzle did. - Soedar

Hoggen
02-06-2011, 11:21 AM
My only question to you Shaere: if you didn't want abuse from low grade morons, why the hell did you post in Rants and Flames?

Uthgaard
02-06-2011, 12:01 PM
So yeah Shaere, I'd say it seems like the guides/gm's could give a flying fuck anymore about KSing unless it's in the planes.

It's all a waste of time. It doesn't take a genius to know what people should or shouldn't do. If you have to ask, don't do it, instead of mounting your ivory soapbox and trying to drag us into it. It's not our problem, it's yours. So when you rage at us for making a decision, you can rage right back at yourself for putting us in the position to mediate it. There's only so much time in the day to get shit done. Every time someone wants to act like a baby, it wastes time. You want Kunark faster? Take an active role in not causing problems by acting like kindergarteners, pay attention to what you're vendoring/destroying, don't delete characters in drunken rages, and stop sharing your damned account information. This alone would free up about an entire one to two more days per week.

Gorgetrapper
02-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Next time you get complaints about shared account information, or account sales, just ban the account and be done with it.

Rhambuk
02-06-2011, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=Uthgaard;217437]don't delete characters in drunken rages/QUOTE]

My bad, Thanks for the restoration chief!

Tillan
02-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Selfish, inconsiderate douche bags like Belabor are the only source of frustration on this server for me. I completely sympathize with the op. Belabor knew exactly what he was doing, I don't care if he actually took the mob or not, his behavior was unacceptable and childish. It wouldn't be so aggravating if this type of behavior didn't get repeated on a daily basis by a small percentage of greedy, childish players. Not to be classist, but it's usually a mage or necro, juiced up with their power of a pet (and sometimes Feign Death) they believe they're entitled to everything. Not that I haven't met other classes that are douches, but just seems to be these two classes more than any.

Nothing bothers me more than people that only think about themselves; and, sadly, on the internet this is magnified due to the fact that you can't be bitch slapped for being a wannabe-tough guy.

I'll keep this name on my shitlist. Good luck in the future, Shaere.

Darian
02-06-2011, 02:49 PM
it's usually a mage or necro

http://media.funlol.com/content/img/thats-racist.gif

Odeseus
02-06-2011, 03:08 PM
This topic was already discussed at length with the end result being pretty well accepted.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25798

Thought that solved the issue once and for all. *shrugs*

Massive Marc
02-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Selfish, inconsiderate douche bags like Belabor are the only source of frustration on this server for me. I completely sympathize with the op. Belabor knew exactly what he was doing, I don't care if he actually took the mob or not, his behavior was unacceptable and childish. It wouldn't be so aggravating if this type of behavior didn't get repeated on a daily basis by a small percentage of greedy, childish players. Not to be classist, but it's usually a mage or necro, juiced up with their power of a pet (and sometimes Feign Death) they believe they're entitled to everything. Not that I haven't met other classes that are douches, but just seems to be these two classes more than any.

Nothing bothers me more than people that only think about themselves; and, sadly, on the internet this is magnified due to the fact that you can't be bitch slapped for being a wannabe-tough guy.

I'll keep this name on my shitlist. Good luck in the future, Shaere.

Your right.

Lets just outright Ban anyone that comes into a camp and FD's.
Then we can go onto the forums and write a page long Public Service Announcement informing us all that the evil/rude/childish people that are FD'ing at your camp. Seriously, nothing bothers me more then fucking retards like you.

Gorgetrapper
02-06-2011, 05:05 PM
god p99 is dumb.

why do ppl still play, roflcakes.

Same reason you come to the boards. Nothing better to do. Go play WoW kid.

darkblade717
02-06-2011, 05:56 PM
People need to stop bitching at every opportunity and try to handle things themselves (WITHIN THE RULES) before calling a guide...we are to be treated as a last resort when all other avenues have been explored.

You're giving people way too much credit.

abegeda
02-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Same reason you come to the boards. Nothing better to do. Go play WoW kid.

fail logic is fail.

you got nothing better to do kid, u mad bro.

Gorgetrapper
02-06-2011, 07:41 PM
fail logic is fail.

you got nothing better to do kid, u mad bro.

So mad. What's the point of you constantly coming here anyway? You're probably still playing here but you don't want to admit it, or you were banned and now you hate the world because you have nothing to do. GG

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-06-2011, 11:59 PM
The point was merely to draw attention to this problem, which is larger then me Hoggen, but from a very personally involved standpoint. It isn't the first time I've drawn issue with poor behavior, and voiced complaints about it in various forms. I try not to waste time of the support staff, but sometimes you need the actual police to step in. My post was more out of frustration, then an attempt to rage on the forums. I do talk with people in game quite often concerning these issues. Most are receptive. Loke there is one who will discuss it with me.

On live, I do not know how it was on your server, but by and large the monks were the ones with level heads. Most here are as well, when I sense a conflict in a plane, I merely send tells to the monk in the other guild pulling. And we come to an agreement over these very issues, to avoid petty nonsense. To date, only two guilds and their pullers have told me to pound sand when I ask we share a plane, and respect the others camps. The rest we respect the others camp, or area, and avoid pulling from/through them, or training their pull path.

But again, the reason I posted was mounting frustration. Not every incident ends with a petition or a post about it, but I felt frustrated enough to draw attention to my problem, which is a microcosm (did I use that right?) of what alot of us have dealt with. It is inevitable that you get the trolls posting here, not what I was going for, but I think most see them and their inane babble for what it is.

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-07-2011, 12:01 AM
And what I forgot was, on my server reputation mattered the most. Tunare didn't have large guilds, most of the raids I saw during classic, were open raids. Until Talisman started going in Kunark, that is. But without the reputation, you didn't get the invites to the raids. Here, it seems to matter less to most, and that is what frustrates me the most.

Hoggen
02-07-2011, 12:07 AM
On the three servers I played on, the monks were the biggest douches that ever walked the face of Norrath, Luclin, or any other part of the EQ continuum, but I'd never assume someone was a turd just because they played a monk. Thanks for letting us know that Belabor is a douche and we learned that guides/GMs care. I personally already knew about GMs caring, and will likely never camp the Ishva Mal, but count me among those that will not question your methods or motive. In tribute, I will neither SOW nor port Belabor.

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Well, Belabor acted poorly, but I do not know if this incident was indicative of their regular behavior or not. It was a dick move, but I won't go as far as to call them a 'douchebag' (I hate that term) for the rest of their life over it. the sentiment is appreciated though.

KilyenaMage
02-07-2011, 03:44 AM
I had a situation similar to this a couple days ago. People could give a fuck less about camp checks for the most part.

I was claiming Royals and Noble in Sol B the other day for several hours. and I was sitting on top of the Noble spawn/PH and Amphetamine from Eclipse rolls in charms a mob that was OOR of aggro right as the Noble spawns, I Melee engage it and he starts Mezzing it, then nuking it, sending pet in, then mezzing it again in a repetitive motion making it impossible to pull it back to royals, as I had been for several hours and KS'd my group.

Also, before he rolls in here denying his douche baggery, I'll add it was witnessed by 9 people aside of myself (6 people in the group + 3 people outside healing/mezzing if needed to help a few of us gain some levels). I petitioned because even if it was a Raid target (obviously it isn't) I was First to engage. Even though i had been claiming it...and nothing happened to him, Not a word from a guide/GM. I wouldn't even have cared so much but I've got a friend new on the server and was in attempt to hook him up with one of them necks that drop there for his Necro.

I'd imagine something would HAVE to happen in a case like this.

Uthgaard suspended me, no questions asked, for KSing someone is Crushbone. Apparently they are friends.

KilyenaMage
02-07-2011, 03:46 AM
And what I forgot was, on my server reputation mattered the most. Tunare didn't have large guilds, most of the raids I saw during classic, were open raids. Until Talisman started going in Kunark, that is. But without the reputation, you didn't get the invites to the raids. Here, it seems to matter less to most, and that is what frustrates me the most.

You couldn't be more correct.

Lostprophets
02-07-2011, 11:23 AM
I'd imagine something would HAVE to happen in a case like this.

Uthgaard suspended me, no questions asked, for KSing someone is Crushbone. Apparently they are friends.

And yet the kid still roams the server un-suspended, lol.

Saw him on yesterday.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5973/itsallawasteoftimeyo.jpg

Kruel
02-07-2011, 11:44 AM

Sorry to do it to you hobby. But this is DIRECTLY opposite of what other GMs have said. You DO NOT have to answer the camp check when called. You do not have to respawnd to anyone when asked a question etc.

Boggwin Bramblefoot
02-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Your right.

Lets just outright Ban anyone that comes into a camp and FD's.
Then we can go onto the forums and write a page long Public Service Announcement informing us all that the evil/rude/childish people that are FD'ing at your camp. Seriously, nothing bothers me more then fucking retards like you.

Man, why do you always have to defend douche bag, asshole behavior in every situation? You seem like you could be part of the problem...lol.

Stop trolling Little Mark.

Beauregard
02-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Sorry to do it to you hobby. But this is DIRECTLY opposite of what other GMs have said. You DO NOT have to answer the camp check when called. You do not have to respawnd to anyone when asked a question etc.

If you want claim to a camp, you have to be present and able to respond to camp checks within a reasonable about of time. You can't just park a character there afk for 35 hours and 59 minutes and expect to monopolize it.

Hobby
02-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Kruel, feel free to test me.

Kassel
02-07-2011, 01:00 PM

I do recall this being said, how ever it was just a week or so ago that Uthgaurd clearly stated this was not the case and you do in fact need to respond.

xshayla701
02-07-2011, 01:11 PM
I do recall this being said, how ever it was just a week or so ago that Uthgaurd clearly stated this was not the case and you do in fact need to respond.

Uth said respond in a timely manner. If someone gets to my camp and I'm afk between spawns and the guy tries to take my camp, it's not gonna happen. most people would get to the camp and see you there and wait for you to get back to see what's up though. But you have to be back by the time the mobs respawn, otherwise you can't claim a camp. why is this so hard

hedbonker
02-07-2011, 01:13 PM
http://wahfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/funny_finger_art_photo.jpg

Kruel
02-07-2011, 01:44 PM
ok now im confused. Does anyone else remember a GM responding in one of these threads that "you do not have to answer a CC", it is just common curtesy , but not required"

Now we are required to answer a CC? Sometimes when i was leveling up killing spectors i wouldnt respond to CCs, simply because every 10 minute someone would ask what ones are being camped. Eventually i would make a hotkey =P.

xshayla701
02-07-2011, 01:58 PM
ok now im confused. Does anyone else remember a GM responding in one of these threads that "you do not have to answer a CC", it is just common curtesy , but not required"

Now we are required to answer a CC? Sometimes when i was leveling up killing spectors i wouldnt respond to CCs, simply because every 10 minute someone would ask what ones are being camped. Eventually i would make a hotkey =P.

Yeah I remember this, and I don't think you will lose a camp over not responding to a CC. but it's "required" in the sense that if you don't call your camp, someone might show up and try to argue with you over it--especially if you are afk and come back after they are already at the camp.

slydexx
02-07-2011, 02:36 PM
It's all a waste of time. It doesn't take a genius to know what people should or shouldn't do. If you have to ask, don't do it, instead of mounting your ivory soapbox and trying to drag us into it. It's not our problem, it's yours. So when you rage at us for making a decision, you can rage right back at yourself for putting us in the position to mediate it. There's only so much time in the day to get shit done. Every time someone wants to act like a baby, it wastes time. You want Kunark faster? Take an active role in not causing problems by acting like kindergarteners, pay attention to what you're vendoring/destroying, don't delete characters in drunken rages, and stop sharing your damned account information. This alone would free up about an entire one to two more days per week.

If it's this much of a problem and hassle for you uth, then stop being a gm/dev/whatever.
That or shut the fuck up about it, you cry more about the job you do than most of the whiny dickheads that play this game

Massive Marc
02-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Man, why do you always have to defend douche bag, asshole behavior in every situation? You seem like you could be part of the problem...lol.

Stop trolling Little Mark.

This isn't even close to douche bag, asshole behavior. You're slow, I know. So I'll break it down for you.

It's late, in the middle of the night.
You wanna check a spawn.
You check the spawn, someone is camping it.
You make quick conversation with them to make sure they aren't AFK camping.
You find out the camp is taken and being held.
You AFK/FD to go to sleep and wake at the spawn.

Please show me how thats being a douche. You can't. The OP took everything out of context and wrote a fucking book on it.

Now, I know he had his pet up while FD/AFK. Probably not a smart thing, and was probably the reason he was moved by Hobby, but this thread is taking it way to far. Belabor didn't deserve a whole thread dedicated to him because he AFK'd/FD. In fact, this is the first time his name comes up at all in these forums (except for a EC tunnel post). Ya, really big douche......

What was it you were saying about trolling ?

Boggwin Bramblefoot
02-07-2011, 03:05 PM
This isn't even close to douche bag, asshole behavior. You're slow, I know. So I'll break it down for you.

You wanna check a spawn.

Please show me how thats being a douche. You can't. The OP took everything out of context and wrote a fucking book on it.

Now, I know he had his pet up while FD/AFK. Probably not a smart thing, and was probably the reason he was moved by Hobby, but this thread is taking it way to far. Belabor didn't deserve a whole thread dedicated to him because he AFK'd/FD. In fact, this is the first time his name comes up at all in these forums (except for a EC tunnel post). Ya, really big douche......

It is a douche bag move, face it. And stop trolling Little Mark.

So you go afk and FD on top of the spawn (While having your pet on guard)? For what reason. Douche bag move and you know it...and defend it. Troll.

Knuckle
02-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Kruel, feel free to test me.

I don't think anyone is willing to test your gangsta you have a green colored and bolded name.

Massive Marc
02-07-2011, 03:22 PM
It is a douche bag move, face it. And stop trolling Little Mark.

So you go afk and FD on top of the spawn (While having your pet on guard)? For what reason. Douche bag move and you know it...and defend it. Troll.

OK, if he didn't have a pet, would it still be douchey ?

Beauregard
02-07-2011, 03:25 PM

You wanna check a spawn.

I'm sure there wouldn't be any drama if we would all leave Belabor's Ishva camp alone.

EVIDENCE : Here I show up at empty Ishva Mal camp with full pop. Supposedly Belabor was having great difficulty killing the one room spawn and gated. I claimed camp and he got all pissy. (he had been poopsocking it for nearly a month prior to this, and nearly a month after rarely ever missing a spawn, often arriving 15 hours+ prior to spawn.)

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff322/abaddonvg/EQ000013.jpg

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff322/abaddonvg/EQ000015.jpg

Massive Marc
02-07-2011, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=Beauregard;217989]I'm sure there wouldn't be any drama if we would all leave Belabor's Ishva camp alone.

EVIDENCE : Here I show up at empty Ishva Mal camp with full pop. Supposedly Belabor was having great difficulty killing the one room spawn and gated. I claimed camp and he got all pissy. (he had been poopsocking it for nearly a month prior to this, and nearly a month after rarely ever missing a spawn, often arriving 15 hours+ prior to spawn.)

Apparently my definition of being a douche bag is different then yours.

To me, you look like the douche bag, but I'm sure half this server would quote the Rules section when they want a camp bad enough.

At least you had pretty pictures to go with your post.

Beauregard
02-07-2011, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=Beauregard;217989]I'm sure there wouldn't be any drama if we would all leave Belabor's Ishva camp alone.

Apparently my definition of being a douche bag is different then yours.

To me, you look like the douche bag, but I'm sure half this server would quote the Rules section when they want a camp bad enough.

At least you had pretty pictures to go with your post.

Yeah I'm a huge douche for thinking I could intrude on that camp once a month when it's clearly wholly owned by Belabor.

Massive Marc
02-07-2011, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=Massive Marc;217994]

Yeah I'm a huge douche for thinking I could intrude on that camp once a month when it's clearly wholly owned by Belabor.

Unless your being facetious in your original post, I would say you had three options.

1: Leave him to have the spawn
2: Help him break the spawn and come back later
3: Take the spawn.

Which one of those sounds douche to you ?

Boggwin Bramblefoot
02-07-2011, 03:42 PM
OK, if he didn't have a pet, would it still be douchey ?

If? If? What if this was a walrus and we were playing Pac-Man under a scarlet moon? WTF! Stick with the situation and don't try justifying it with "what ifs". Typical.

Boggwin Bramblefoot
02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=Massive Marc;217994]

Dude, I think Little Mark has a thing for Belabor judging by the way he defends him...lol.

Massive Marc
02-07-2011, 03:44 PM
If? If? What if this was a walrus and we were playing Pac-Man under a scarlet moon? WTF! Stick with the situation and don't try justifying it with "what ifs". Typical.

Answer the question retard or stfu.

Boggwin Bramblefoot
02-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Answer the question retard or stfu.

I am not answering a question based on something completely different than what we are talking about ITT. Not gonna happen so don't get butt hurt Mark. Face it. You are defending douche bag behavior and you know it. That, or you have a thing for Belabor. Which one is it. Answer the question retard or stfu...lol.

Massive Marc
02-07-2011, 03:53 PM
I am not answering a question based on something completely different than what we are talking about ITT. Not gonna happen so don't get butt hurt Mark. Face it. You are defending douche bag behavior and you know it. That, or you have a thing for Belabor. Which one is it. Answer the question retard or stfu...lol.

LOL,

Here is a little guide that may help you in the future.

http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html

Enjoy !

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-07-2011, 03:55 PM
I was with the OP til he used the non-word "irregardless." Now I fucking hate him. Regardless of his correctitude.

Mcbard
02-07-2011, 04:46 PM
You're right.

Let's just outright Ban anyone that comes into a camp and FD's.
Then we can go onto the forums and write a page long Public Service Announcement informing us all that the evil/rude/childish people that are FD'ing at your camp*. Seriously, nothing bothers me more than fucking retards like you.

*the end of this sentence needs some work. It doesn't make sense.

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-07-2011, 04:55 PM

You wanna check a spawn.

This is the problem with your break-down. I shall give you the actual break-down, note the differences.

It's late, in the middle of the night, about 8 hours before Ishva spawns.
You head there knowing when he will spawn, since you killed him last.
You check the spawn, someone is camping it, you got there too late.
You find out the camp is taken and being held. So you try and figure out a way to get the spawn for yourself. So you tell them that you are in that room to hunt gnoll whips. And make the argument of, "if you're not clearing mobs here, you can't claim the camp."
You are called on your transparency. You decide to make your pet and set up camp anyway.
They ask you to leave the room, and hunt gnolls elsewhere, and you say no, and plant yourself on the Ishva spawn. You do not pull any gnolls for whips, because that was just a lie in the first place.
You AFK/FD to go to sleep and wake at the spawn, but Hobby has arrived and moved you to the zone in shortly before.

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-07-2011, 04:55 PM
And DV, do you use dilemna, or dilemma?

Boggwin Bramblefoot
02-07-2011, 05:02 PM
LOL,

Here is a little guide that may help you in the future.

http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html

Enjoy !

Oh, nice retort. I wouldn't have expected any more from you. When the going gets tough, the tough claim troll. Sit down little Mark. It will be ok.

Massive Marc
02-07-2011, 05:09 PM
This is the problem with your break-down. I shall give you the actual break-down, note the differences.

It's late, in the middle of the night, about 8 hours before Ishva spawns.
You head there knowing when he will spawn, since you killed him last.
You check the spawn, someone is camping it, you got there too late.
You find out the camp is taken and being held. So you try and figure out a way to get the spawn for yourself. So you tell them that you are in that room to hunt gnoll whips. And make the argument of, "if you're not clearing mobs here, you can't claim the camp."
You are called on your transparency. You decide to make your pet and set up camp anyway.
They ask you to leave the room, and hunt gnolls elsewhere, and you say no, and plant yourself on the Ishva spawn. You do not pull any gnolls for whips, because that was just a lie in the first place.
You AFK/FD to go to sleep and wake at the spawn, but Hobby has arrived and moved you to the zone in shortly before.

Nice, so you added a bunch of assumptions.

Massive Marc
02-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Oh, nice retort. I wouldn't have expected any more from you. When the going gets tough, the tough claim troll. Sit down little Mark. It will be ok.

The reason I would like to know weather or not being AFK without a pet is acceptable in your books, is because it would help me to know if your trolling or not. Since you couldn't answer, I assume your trolling.

Since you don't know wtf your talking about half the time, I assume your trolling.

It's ok, ill pray for you.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-07-2011, 05:17 PM
New record! Everyone hates you in 12 posts, good job! And you're gonna pray? Let me direct you to where you belong... http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25458

Massive Marc
02-07-2011, 05:20 PM
New record! Everyone hates you in 12 posts, good job! And you're gonna pray? Let me direct you to where you belong... http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25458

Hey fucking retard. How about you read that thread, specifically post #969 and come back and try again.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Resurrect the thread so everyone can see the relevant things you have to say.

Massive Marc
02-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Resurrect the thread so everyone can see the relevant things you have to say.

That's what I thought.

Tillan
02-07-2011, 05:39 PM
massive marc take that massive dick out of your mouth

Massive Marc
02-07-2011, 05:48 PM
massive marc take that massive dick out of your mouth

Wow that was good. Did you come up with that all by yourself ? or did Boggwin help you with that witty comment ?

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Not assumptions, I personally saw the player in question the previous Ishva

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Err that is saw them camp the previous spawn. And the things I said, are what they said. Hey, I am here to kill the other cyclops on AC isle, I'll sit and med with my pet , on the AC spawn point. But I really am here to kill the OTHER cyclops here. /laff

Ronas
02-07-2011, 06:45 PM
This is my simple camp rule, if there is no one there i am taking it. If i call CC and you are at zone in (Not in camp) i am taking it. If you wipe i am taking it. If you gate i am taking it.

Besides those condition i will leave you alone.

And just for precaution i will fraps and SS with timestamps just in case you want cry to a GM/Guide just to humor them because they love watching and have a giggle about these kinds of things. So does the general community i am sure. :D

AexDestroy
02-08-2011, 03:12 PM
I think what is comes down to is we need a specific "/petition Hobby" or "/petition Ezuen" command. The /petition uthgaard seems to fizzle or critical fail every time, resulting in the opposite desired effect.