PDA

View Full Version : Everything related to Agnarr!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Daldaen
03-16-2017, 01:24 PM
https://www.everquest.com/news/new-progression-server-2017-planes-of-power

Next up, our plans are weaving together for our new Progression server: Agnarr! We're planning on launching around early summer this year. This is a new time-locked progression server with a unique rule set. Here are a few details:

Agnarr is a time-locked progression server that will start at the base game and eventually lock at Lost Dungeons of Norrath… permanently
We will refer to this server informally as "PoP-locked" even though it will eventually include Legacy of Ykesha and Lost Dungeons of Norrath
Expansions automatically unlock 12-weeks per expansion
Experience rates will be the same as Ragefire and Lockjaw
True Box server rules apply (one account per machine)
We will have a limited store that will start with lower-tier consumables (potions & buffs), appearances, and bags – and some mounts will unlock with Luclin, but marketplace offerings will not be too powerful for each expansion's er
a

FatMice
03-16-2017, 01:32 PM
What's the over/under on Sleeper getting cucked by Hoku and pals?

Fifield
03-16-2017, 01:33 PM
I'll play with you.

Thinking Cleric main with Ranger box combo

Zade
03-16-2017, 01:37 PM
are pets and monks still broken as fuck? wouldnt play

khanable
03-16-2017, 01:38 PM
So who is making the 'BDA to Agnarr?' thread?

pogs4ever
03-16-2017, 01:40 PM
Can you play this with classic graphics?

khanable
03-16-2017, 01:41 PM
Can you play this with classic graphics?

Probably but nothing will look classic because of idiotic ornaments

Comoc1
03-16-2017, 01:41 PM
Awesome maybe I can get some Doze loot finally

Papa
03-16-2017, 01:42 PM
RIP P99 lol

Fifield
03-16-2017, 01:47 PM
are pets and monks still broken as fuck? wouldnt play

I am going to guess it'd be like phinny, monk fists still amazing, and pets dmg lessened due to mighty buff?

arsenalpow
03-16-2017, 01:50 PM
No instanced raiding?

Ponapalt
03-16-2017, 01:51 PM
It's not on that page, but in the live announcement they said yes it will have instanced raiding Chest.

Pokesan
03-16-2017, 01:54 PM
FUCK YES POP LOCKED! REROLL

Daldaen
03-16-2017, 02:01 PM
I cant wait to group with AFK Daldaen again! The XP leaching is real...

#Ruthlessing through content.

I like the idea behind the server but they should offer free transferred off the server once you've reached PoP to allow you to move on should you wish.

Yea the instanced raid content would be a pretty big deal, glad they clarified that in the live stream.

Unsure if I will do Agnarr or not... I wish they would resurrect the Al'Kabor server instead.

Fifield
03-16-2017, 02:08 PM
Im totally going to play, missed classic on phinny and on P99.

Plus why roll another alt on phinny or p99 when you can start with rusty weapons lol

Fifield
03-16-2017, 02:11 PM
Has there ever been a EQ2 progression server? Kinda googled around but didnt find much.

Pokesan
03-16-2017, 02:11 PM
#Ruthlessing through content.

I like the idea behind the server but they should offer free transferred off the server once you've reached PoP to allow you to move on should you wish.

Yea the instanced raid content would be a pretty big deal, glad they clarified that in the live stream.

Unsure if I will do Agnarr or not... I wish they would resurrect the Al'Kabor server instead.

You aren't fooling nobody! You will be there day 1.

Here's hoping they tone down player power. Insano DPS really undermines the premise and MOTM is a very low effort solution.

Comoc1
03-16-2017, 02:15 PM
Im totally going to play, missed classic on phinny and on P99.

Plus why roll another alt on phinny or p99 when you can start with rusty weapons lol

EQ for old men. I can't wait to get back on that pixel shower gravy train that's about playing the game and not waiting for shit to spawn.

Fifield
03-16-2017, 02:18 PM
EQ for old men. I can't wait to get back on that pixel shower gravy train that's about playing the game and not waiting for shit to spawn.

ahhh dont remind me Uyan. I tried gaming last weekend on friday and was sleeping by 11:30pm.

getting old... gettin old...

Erati
03-16-2017, 02:20 PM
seems like it would be pretty boring to be PoP locked with Kunark,Velious, Luclin then PoP launching after only 3 months between

would be a fun ride for a lot of people tho no doubt - its basically what many many many people wanted to enjoy that play here namely a locked server with AAs and no outrageously dumb xpacs

Pokesan
03-16-2017, 02:22 PM
too bad they already wasted "Quarm" on a shitbox

Daldaen
03-16-2017, 02:22 PM
Yea 28 min into their live stream Prathun confirmed it would be LoS balanced and Agents of Change will be around. He mentioned they may change Agents of Change to have Agnarr graphic rather than a Kedge due to the server name also.

Mendo
03-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Will they add in the legacy items? Dark elf mask and what nots?

derpcake
03-16-2017, 02:33 PM
i really liked this until someone mentioned prathun

Daldaen
03-16-2017, 02:36 PM
Phinny didn't so Id doubt it. Could get them later from the Lotto dude in that one zone off the bazaar I guess later.

Phinigel has DE masks.

Just some of the OP items like Manastone were left out.

derpcake
03-16-2017, 02:43 PM
Phinigel has DE masks.

Just some of the OP items like Manastone were left out.

rampage - earthshaker nerfed?

AE bard kiting?

Comoc1
03-16-2017, 02:44 PM
ahhh dont remind me Uyan. I tried gaming last weekend on friday and was sleeping by 11:30pm.

getting old... gettin old...

Lol I know man my ass likes going to sleep early these days

Bruno
03-16-2017, 02:59 PM
Finally.

Bruno
03-16-2017, 03:00 PM
rampage - earthshaker nerfed?

AE bard kiting?

That doesn't exist anymore.

Ponapalt
03-16-2017, 03:01 PM
The worst thing about TLP are those god awful attack animations with 2 handers on the classic models--is there a way to use the classic animations?

Kagey
03-16-2017, 03:18 PM
^
yes you change it in options on the patcher, just unclick all the race animations, and make sure the eqclient has velious textures to TRUE.

now you can also use a horse with velious animations.

Rang
03-16-2017, 03:50 PM
http://imgur.com/DlgCNsQ

Secrets
03-16-2017, 04:14 PM
Only took Daybreak 10 years to figure out this was a good idea.

http://web.archive.org/web/20071011205054/http://www.projecteq.org/

dafier
03-16-2017, 04:31 PM
I....might play this. OMG!

This is awesome news.

dafier
03-16-2017, 04:32 PM
Time for P99 to progress? =D Or was that part of the 'agreement' that occurred a while back in?

dafier
03-16-2017, 04:34 PM
Swish you in?

skarlorn
03-16-2017, 04:40 PM
I'm very happy to say that the project 1999 emulated server fulfilled my needs to re-experience classic everquest.

Rolling fresh on Agnarr is a one way ticket to mental slavery.

Consider devoting your life to God.

Bruno
03-16-2017, 04:49 PM
Swish you in?

dafier
03-16-2017, 05:38 PM
Rogean, you in?

teai
03-16-2017, 05:50 PM
p99 is free and I can always say, " I am just enjoying this, maybe toss a donation, no biggie "

As soon as I start paying for something, " I have to get the most out of what I am paying for "

I think I can still say, " Its pay 2 win "

Ahldagor
03-16-2017, 05:53 PM
This sounds......swell.

Bruno
03-16-2017, 06:15 PM
p99 is free and I can always say, " I am just enjoying this, maybe toss a donation, no biggie "

As soon as I start paying for something, " I have to get the most out of what I am paying for "

So you only play free games?

indiscriminate_hater
03-16-2017, 06:26 PM
Wait who am I supposed to call a cuck here?

Pokesan
03-16-2017, 06:37 PM
Wait who am I supposed to call a cuck here?

ez. anyone that raids blue after agnarr launches.

teai
03-16-2017, 06:41 PM
So you only play free games?

I dabble all over PC based. Vive/oculus, but I just have an issue with paying for games.

I donated $5,000 to Natural-Selection 2, did it pay out? Nah. But I played NS1 for probably like 4000 hours for free.

I'll pay for a game, but it better be fucking awesome, and if you try to milk more money out of me, it wont happen.

Thankfully, daybreak has paywalls, so I know I will never play there.

Maner
03-16-2017, 06:43 PM
Where's that shithead Swish at with his "I'll play my shitty P99 chars forever when your progression server dies after PoP" nonsense?

Except you just said it is the server people have been waiting for meaning it will kill your progression server....

Bruno
03-16-2017, 06:51 PM
Except you just said it is the server people have been waiting for meaning it will kill your progression server....

Nobody playing on the progression server actually thought it was going to last forever because that's crazy. That was a Swish troll argument in order to feed his agenda. He can no longer use that anymore.

Psionide
03-16-2017, 06:57 PM
Instanced raiding in EQ? Isn't non-instance raiding what makes EQ EQ?

dafier
03-16-2017, 07:04 PM

No.

dafier
03-16-2017, 07:04 PM
I dabble all over PC based. Vive/oculus, but I just have an issue with paying for games.

I donated $5,000 to Natural-Selection 2, did it pay out? Nah. But I played NS1 for probably like 4000 hours for free.

I'll pay for a game, but it better be fucking awesome, and if you try to milk more money out of me, it wont happen.

Thankfully, daybreak has paywalls, so I know I will never play there.

What's a 'paywall'?

Papa
03-16-2017, 07:11 PM

if you're sick and sad in the brain, then you might need non-instanced eq to have a good (bad) time

Izmael
03-16-2017, 07:14 PM
People who like zone instances should just play WoW or maybe just watch TV.

meadtj
03-16-2017, 07:15 PM
You guys think this is news? it was announced 6 months ago.

maskedmelonpai
03-16-2017, 07:18 PM
What's a 'paywall'?

it like a firewall, but it only stop people who not covered in monies. it burn up all you money when you step through though, so you too embarrassed to go back out cause you naked.

it how they control information and entertainment like academic pubs and news articles and stuff.

Gimp
03-16-2017, 07:25 PM
I regret not getting in on Phinny when it first came out..will definitely give this one a try

Erati
03-16-2017, 07:27 PM
how long did ghoul assassin drop Guise when Phinny came out?

dafier
03-16-2017, 07:28 PM
This is one of the most serious RnF threads ever.

maskedmelon
03-16-2017, 07:29 PM
I'm very happy to say that the project 1999 emulated server fulfilled my needs to re-experience classic everquest.

Rolling fresh on Agnarr is a one way ticket to mental slavery.

this mostly how i feel. it not gonna be classic EQ, so no incentive there and p99 been super fun for me :3 also, there an expansion coming out for ffxiv this summer, so I be too busy even if I developed a hankering for a faux99.

Erati
03-16-2017, 07:34 PM
cant wait for FBSS to be sold for 2 Krono lol

teai
03-16-2017, 07:47 PM
What's a 'paywall'?

I am kind of using it loosely. Generally

Paywall = Content that is locked behind $$$$, So, Free to play, pay for the fun stuff, like freemium games.

Daybreak has an ingame store where you can purchase things for your character to give you a benefit over the other people in the game.

You can buy time for the game called KRONO, and sell units of this in game for plat/items/ect, and vice versa.

So content is locked for a Quasi-RMT situation and the hardcores are eating it up.

For me, that IS a paywall.

Pokesan
03-16-2017, 07:55 PM

Paywall = Content that is locked behind $$$$, So, Free to play, pay for the fun stuff, like freemium games.

Daybreak has an ingame store where you can purchase things for your character to give you a benefit over the other people in the game.

You can buy time for the game called KRONO, and sell units of this in game for plat/items/ect, and vice versa.

So content is locked for a Quasi-RMT situation and the hardcores are eating it up.

nice 7$ paywall moron

maskedmelonpai
03-16-2017, 07:58 PM
i don't like paywalls either. i jus want an animated banner that I can monitor for new products and witty marketing while I grind. it be nice if maybe they could introduce short periodic sponsored ads for bathroom breaks and stuff. It help keep players healthy and be a new revenue stream. I honestly don't understand why this not been done yet. the tech is there now.

AzzarTheGod
03-16-2017, 08:22 PM
RIP P99 lol

LMAO yeah, and how long before there is a cease and desist if they want to move into this market?

Not good. And P99 certainly won't be allowed to release a new server, at any point, in light of this. I truly believe there won't be any further permission on future servers. Not without turning the project over to Daybreak and allowing them to monetize it.

AzzarTheGod
03-16-2017, 08:24 PM
Basically, if Daybreak blocked the release of Discord PvP, a temporary niche PvP box, why would we not be heading to a C+D?

Unless the agreement was very clear to allow P99 to exist as it currently does, Rogean could be looking at a sticky situation as Daybreak enters the classic/golden age market.

They might even want PEQ's cleaned DB or P99's DB and/or have already taken it from Rogean. I think that was probably also part of the agreement.

Bruno
03-16-2017, 08:30 PM

None of this matters unless you're a headcase and you let shit like an in game store bother you. It doesn't trivialize anything. You can buy a months sub or get a Krono on the black market for about 8 bucks, then farm the rest of your Krono with ease like a lot of people do, and never have to pay for a sub after the initial time. I have enough Krono for the next 6 years, and I wasn't even trying.

Zade
03-17-2017, 07:53 AM
I dont see the big whoop here. Need some explanation. I played on the newest TLP server, cant remember the name. I was so pumped to replay old EQ. All the things I loved about original EQ were roflstomped out the summabich. Some asshat with 6 mage boxes and his three friends or some shit downed naggy opening weekend.

So we can only have one account per computer. That won't be abused at all from the thousands of neckbeards that will be playing.

Ravager
03-17-2017, 08:14 AM

Bristlebane is the one true God. All other religions are lies and scams.

Dronuspk
03-17-2017, 08:33 AM
Meh.

I'd rather P99 go Luclin tbh.

Yasi
03-17-2017, 09:32 AM
Definitely gonna play. Sounds awesome, take my money.

Daldaen
03-17-2017, 10:39 AM
What class will everyone roll?

By PoP, basically every class has a pretty useful Raid role, and all of the classes can be used interchangeably in the group setting.

PoP... such incredible game balance.

Swish
03-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Where's that shithead Swish at with his "I'll play my shitty P99 chars forever when your progression server dies after PoP" nonsense?

I'll play my P99 characters forever, sorry you're mad about that.

Ella`Ella
03-17-2017, 11:17 AM
Best combo you're going to get is Cleric/Enchanter.

Papa
03-17-2017, 12:28 PM
I'll play my P99 characters forever, sorry you're mad about that.

forever lol

azeth
03-17-2017, 12:48 PM
will be rolling agnostic barb rogue 25 pts into sta

Ravager
03-17-2017, 01:32 PM
forever lol

It's funny and sad that he believes it.

Hitpoint
03-17-2017, 03:52 PM
Why wouldn't people who want a pop locked server just play P2002 or TAK? Retail EQ is horrendous.

Ravager
03-17-2017, 04:05 PM
Guarantee retail PoP locked server will have a higher active population than any emulated server, even after it "dies".

Hitpoint
03-17-2017, 04:10 PM
Guarantee retail PoP locked server will have a higher active population than any emulated server, even after it "dies".

Probably true, but all the "non-classic?" stuff about it, that would never be right, would be really offputting to someone who played through pop.

Hitpoint
03-17-2017, 04:12 PM
The only redeeming features seems to be the population and this:

"True Box server rules apply (one account per machine)"

LenkoCambria
03-17-2017, 04:16 PM
To each their own. In the end, we're all still playing a video game that came out in 1999.

AzzarTheGod
03-17-2017, 04:23 PM
Probably true, but all the "non-classic?" stuff about it, that would never be right, would be really offputting to someone who played through pop.

Right, its not going to be P99 PoP quality.

kempoguy80
03-17-2017, 04:26 PM

I haven't played live since 2001, but why would this server be considered non-classic if it is only expanding up to PoP era? I was considering this server because I was curious to see what happened after Velious as I quit live right when Velious came out. I'm really enjoying Velious but I think at some point I am going to want new content and this might be the way to go, especially if they are limiting boxing.

LenkoCambria
03-17-2017, 04:28 PM
It will have issues, I'm sure, but I'm pretty excited about it either way.

Phatso
03-17-2017, 04:33 PM
isnt phinny a "true box server"? where you are only supposed to have one character per comp

Hitpoint
03-17-2017, 04:40 PM
I haven't played live since 2001, but why would this server be considered non-classic if it is only expanding up to PoP era? I was considering this server because I was curious to see what happened after Velious as I quit live right when Velious came out. I'm really enjoying Velious but I think at some point I am going to want new content and this might be the way to go, especially if they are limiting boxing.

In later expansions SoE changed a lot about the game which effects older content. And they don't reverse those changes for progression servers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell, the most they do is apply a huge buff to raid mobs so that they aren't super easy. Does this buff apply to anything else, or just bosses?

It's still an intriguing prospect for players to see at least see PoP again. People love progression servers, for whatever reason, and this one will stop at exactly the right time. Aside from Velious, when the quality of the game was probably the best. I think EQ peaked at PoP. It was the best mix of hardcore raiding with still lots to do if you're casual, and it had convenience features. Luclin and Velious gear and content was still relevant if you weren't in an end game guild, so there was tons to do content wise.

Ella`Ella
03-17-2017, 05:08 PM
In later expansions SoE changed a lot about the game which effects older content. And they don't reverse those changes for progression servers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell, the most they do is apply a huge buff to raid mobs so that they aren't super easy. Does this buff apply to anything else, or just bosses?

It's still an intriguing prospect for players to see at least see PoP again. People love progression servers, for whatever reason, and this one will stop at exactly the right time. Aside from Velious, when the quality of the game was probably the best. I think EQ peaked at PoP. It was the best mix of hardcore raiding with still lots to do if you're casual, and it had convenience features. Luclin and Velious gear and content was still relevant if you weren't in an end game guild, so there was tons to do content wise.

Hey Hitpoint. Miss you, pal!

Hitpoint
03-17-2017, 05:22 PM
Hey Hitpoint. Miss you, pal!

Hi. Hope you guys are all doing well. I miss the FE/TMO crew, but not the game really.

Fifield
03-17-2017, 05:37 PM
The real question is, who is gonna create a guild for all of us to play together?

PS. Leave your P99 drama at the door. New server new friends.

Rang
03-17-2017, 06:20 PM
The real question is, who is gonna create a guild for all of us to play together?

CONCEDE DECAYING SKELE W CRACKED STAFF!!!!!

Gimp
03-17-2017, 06:22 PM

<Gimp and Pals>

Erati
03-17-2017, 06:40 PM
<Eratani's E-Pals> or EEP

LenkoCambria
03-17-2017, 06:43 PM
CONCEDE DECAYING SKELE W CRACKED STAFF!!!!!

For real though. The thirst for that first taste of platinum is real.

TimTheToolmanTaylor
03-17-2017, 07:03 PM
will they unmerge the commonlands to east and west again?

Mblake1981
03-17-2017, 07:09 PM

I would pay for original EQ redone with UE4 or better graphics, I would pay a monthly fee for that.

It was an amazing experience for me in 2000-2002. I will dislike WoW and nearly every other MMO for as long as I own a computer. For me its a case of something starting out on a peak then gradually working its way to the bottom.

I will forever have disdain for the moon expansion.

skipdog
03-17-2017, 09:19 PM
Why wouldn't people who want a pop locked server just play P2002 or TAK? Retail EQ is horrendous.

I think the main draw is a healthy server population. P2002/TAK are great, but they have so few players, your options for who you want to complete content with is very limiting.

Dreenk317
03-17-2017, 10:25 PM
Someone is gonna have to get in early and make a guild called <Ninety Niners> Or something for everyone that's gonna be moving over.

Thiefboy777
03-17-2017, 11:36 PM
Someone is gonna have to get in early and make a guild called <Ninety Niners> Or something for everyone that's gonna be moving over.

Why the fuck would we guild with the psychopaths from this cesspool when we no longer have to.

kaev
03-18-2017, 12:21 AM
Why the fuck would we guild with the psychopaths from this cesspool when we no longer have to.

So filter the sociopaths? They are a minority here you know, for all the shit they've spread so liberally around the place. Nobody's forcing you to guild with the asshat chucklemonkeys who get a kick out of shitting their own beds.

Nommis
03-18-2017, 12:42 AM
Gimp and Eratani i know you both can do better, the word pal is stupid.

AGAIN!

Young Guns (1988) disagrees.

PALS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX0MiXBrL84)

rollin5k
03-18-2017, 01:05 AM
What is actually good about this? Don't undastand

LostCause
03-18-2017, 06:47 AM
fuck rolling classic again lol

between p99 and ragefire/phinny fuck all that

unless this server was pvp

AzzarTheGod
03-18-2017, 07:21 AM
eta on discord bros :o

LenkoCambria
03-18-2017, 09:14 AM
What is actually good about this? Don't undastand

Change and progression.

Viper7
03-18-2017, 10:28 AM
Would be fun but how eq has changed so much i doubt ill play this. ill stick to 2002

Ravager
03-18-2017, 02:26 PM
It's the first live server I've considered playing in 15 years. 1 box with locked progression until I get bored with it and no poopsocking for content sounds good to me.

pogs4ever
03-18-2017, 04:49 PM
What is the estimated population of phinnie? More than here?

Lhancelot
03-18-2017, 04:49 PM

Which one?

AzzarTheGod
03-18-2017, 05:14 PM
Which one?

Ayyy lmao...

AzzarTheGod
03-18-2017, 05:18 PM
A lot of people before the announcement seemed to think the new server was going to be a Phinny clone and they were just going to perpetually release new TLP's with nearly identical rulesets once they get to OoW-ish start a new one. This was unexpected by pretty much everyone I think. A PoP-locked server has been the #1 requested server maybe ever? This has very high potential to cut Phinigel population significantly. I don't think Phinny will die but yeah it's gonna lose a lot. Hell I may even try it and play both.

Would be cool if they used the PEQ database and consulted some of these emu guys for weapons formulas and mitigation/tanking.

I think people want EQ Mac in terms of difficulty on a progression-locked box.

Although the original classic content was extremely difficult for guilds outside of the best of the best...maybe its best to leave it on easymode, nobody has time to beard a guild into shape anymore. My guildleader on rallos live dropped out of college to lead PoTime re-entrance.

Ella`Ella
03-18-2017, 09:06 PM
Hi. Hope you guys are all doing well. I miss the FE/TMO crew, but not the game really.

Haven't really played in almost 2 years myself. Don't miss it, just some of the people.

Swish
03-18-2017, 10:35 PM
What is the estimated population of phinnie? More than here?

Population doesnt really matter when so many things are instanced. Not sure how people enjoy that kind of world environment, or cash shop options, or XP pots, or any of that nasty shit.

I think Phinny is dead long before P99 is dead, that much is true...but anyone with a brain (ie - not BDA) knew that from the beginning :o

Mistle
03-18-2017, 11:44 PM
Erm I can't speak for p2002 but takp isn't a pile of shit... both mechanics and people work better there than they do on p99.

Hitpoint
03-19-2017, 12:36 AM
both servers have been wanting a PoP lock server that's not a P2002/TAK pile of shit for a long time.

Probably true. But quality wise, Agnarr is going to be leagues of magnitude worse than those two emulators. They are getting pretty close to what old EQ was actually like, with regards to mechanics and shit. Retail servers will have the population but will never have the same feeling.

Pokesan
03-19-2017, 12:53 AM
jcr doesn't like p2k or tak because there isn't any rampage dick for him to suck

same reason he left p99

AzzarTheGod
03-19-2017, 01:00 AM
Erm I can't speak for p2002 but takp isn't a pile of shit... both mechanics and people work better there than they do on p99.

Yeah jcr way off on this one.

Unless these guys consult with the emu and start with PEQ DB and PEQ formulas I don't see the servers being close.

Gimp
03-19-2017, 01:24 AM
Server sounds great aside from the easy mode status that is phinny / live progression servers. It's a terrible joke how easy group and raid content is from classic to PoP.

There's still all open world stuff to "compete" on outside of your guaranteed instances.

If we're all being honest, a PoP locked server is what everyone has longed for. I fucking wish p99 devs would get over their "cats on the moons lulz" complex and make this server go up to PoP because it would be fucking great, but they never will.

The sad truth is we're all playing on a server that is at its end progression wise. My only gripe with the Agnarr model is that I wish they would wait longer between expansion drops, but anything involving PoP is fucking money.

PS, love ya Fing. Roll Tide

zati
03-19-2017, 01:55 AM
Nope. Can't switch to Agnarr. I will never forget

-Pok books suck
Rip wizard and druid buddies
-Luclin models suck
Rip norrath . looks like im playing 2 games merged in one
-Cats on moon suck
Rip lore/immersion

if I "realllly" wanted PoP I'd play on P2002/TAK as jcr4990 mentioned. I believe that if P99 succeeds on making custom content fit original content then this server will blow everything out of the water.

Hitpoint
03-19-2017, 01:59 AM
We'll see how "way off" I am when Agnarr releases. Despite what you chucklefucks think the vast majority of people that enjoy EQ do not enjoy it for shitty "classic" mechanics. If that were true P2002/TAK would have higher population than Phinigel right now. You're a very small minority of mentally ill individuals that for some sick reason enjoy not being able to open a map or see a window for your guild/raid members or scroll wheel to a camera angle that doesn't suck ballsack. Tell yourselves what you want but most people don't want those things. Proof is in the pudding.

Well no actually. Because both are still only released up to Velious.

And p2002 uses the titanium client, with raid window and mouse scroll. So the rest of what you said is false too.

Bones
03-19-2017, 02:21 AM
love it, lol... please tell me more about how the umpteenth progression server to come out since p99's launch is going to kill the server pop this time like was supposed to happen with all of the other progression servers that have released since. I wish agnarr a smooth release and healthy population but to say its going to kill p99 pop is just fucking stupid. Enjoy your cash shops and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

AzzarTheGod
03-19-2017, 05:47 AM
We'll see how "way off" I am when Agnarr releases. Despite what you chucklefucks think the vast majority of people that enjoy EQ do not enjoy it for shitty "classic" mechanics. If that were true P2002/TAK would have higher population than Phinigel right now. You're a very small minority of mentally ill individuals that for some sick reason enjoy not being able to open a map or see a window for your guild/raid members or scroll wheel to a camera angle that doesn't suck ballsack. Tell yourselves what you want but most people don't want those things. Proof is in the pudding.

Daybreak has proven they aren't willing to put meaningful dev time into classic boxes regardless.

The content may be too easy, that would be the only reason why it fails. You are arguing otherwise by claiming TAKP sucks. In reality, Agnarr will suck. If Agnarr is a failure its because the sense of achievement is lacking.

What good is PoP lock if they don't use the PEQ/Titanium era damage formulas and spell files and tuning for tanks mitigation, monks/pullers mitigation, etc.

AzzarTheGod
03-19-2017, 05:48 AM
If they have EQ Mac backups, then Agnarr might have a chance.

Swish
03-19-2017, 06:36 AM
Sorry but if you can't emulate Al'Kabor then it's not classic.

✓ Updated versions of Freeport and other zones

✓ DB Cash logo

✓ Cash shop

✓ Instanced content

✓ Kronos (sellable for $$)

✓ Boxing enabled

That's a small list of its problems, and it hasn't launched yet :o

Safe to say P99 will continue on, offering classic EverQuest to those who enjoy classic EQ. Enjoy your latest RMT EQ Lite server.

khanable
03-19-2017, 06:50 AM

It's less about enjoying the "shitty" mechanics and more about enjoying the implications of the "shitty" mechanics. It's a more difficult experience on the more classic-style emus. Even with massive buffs, Phinny content was underwhelmingly easy from what I saw. Hell, BDA has Quarm on farm status, that alone proves that point. :p

AzzarTheGod
03-19-2017, 07:36 AM
It's less about enjoying the "shitty" mechanics and more about enjoying the implications of the "shitty" mechanics. It's a more difficult experience on the more classic-style emus. Even with massive buffs, Phinny content was underwhelmingly easy from what I saw. Hell, BDA has Quarm on farm status, that alone proves that point. :p

Yeah I don't know if most of these guys didn't raid PoP on live, or just dont care about a meaningful experience.

I have no idea how you can say Agnarr and Phinigel will hold interest when the achievement is so cheapened. Its almost like McDonalds raids in WoW.

I've seen you guys in the BDA thread saying "BUT ITS THE STRATS, WE ALL KNOW THE STRATS NOW LOL. WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT"

No. No its not the strats. We had the strats, it was still ridiculously hard even with veteran raid leaders returning out of retirement to help us relaunch back into PoTime. Veteran off-tanks, veteran pullers and raid leaders. You barely scraped by, you didn't fucking stomp your way back into PoTime and stomp your way to Quarm and then stomp Quarm

Attempting a PoTime relaunch was considered IMPOSSIBLE and a WASTE OF TIME on Live. That is how massive of an undertaking it was considered to be during the year it launched.

Swish
03-19-2017, 07:40 AM
If they took instancing and the cash shop/kronos out, there might be hope for it.

khanable
03-19-2017, 07:52 AM
If there is anything we should all be able to agree on is it's wonderful that we have actual options now. A very short time ago our only options were p99 and live with 20-something expansions.

Pick your poison and enjoy it.

Swish
03-19-2017, 08:42 AM
If there is anything we should all be able to agree on is it's wonderful that we have actual options now.

There's two types of people in this world. People who like and enjoy classic EverQuest as it was meant to be played back in 1999, and people who are wrong.

Froakula
03-19-2017, 09:13 AM
Takp will be perfect once they fix mouse stuck in window.

Daldaen
03-19-2017, 11:42 AM
Consider Agnarr if P99 raiding isn't for you.

Bessy
03-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Right, its not going to be P99 PoP quality.

p99 pop sucks phinigel have like x5 the numbers. You know right that you once get the gear there is no progression.

Westcreek
03-19-2017, 11:56 AM
The only bad thing about this server is that it'll have the abomination that is post-revamp Freeport.

PoP is a great cutoff area, and the AA system gives plenty of advancements for alts to stick around, having the LDoN adventures will help too.

It's been pretty obvious to me that all TLP's would start declining after the PoP-era, and it seems like it's finally become obvious enough for even DBG to take notice.

I think it's a smart move to have a locked server that won't progress past the parts people care about, a place you can come back to after breaks.

It won't be nearly as tough as it actually was back in the day, but then again neither is P99, as anyone fortunate enough to have played on EQMac will know.

Palemoon
03-19-2017, 12:18 PM
The hardness of p99 has gone way up over the years though, hard to notice that though due to item glut everywhere. Now if p99/red99 were to reboot fresh, and all those levels/gear regained in these days after all the years of bug fixes, it would be glorious.

Mistle
03-19-2017, 03:11 PM
Takp will be perfect once they fix mouse stuck in window.

Torven says its fixed, but the client update rollout hasn't happened yet. That and the sticky alt key when tabbing across windows.

khanable
03-19-2017, 03:14 PM
Torven says its fixed, but the client update rollout hasn't happened yet. That and the sticky alt key when tabbing across windows.

That's amazing news

Swish
03-21-2017, 03:43 AM
Boy P99 raiding sure is great. At least there's no RMT right guys? <Insert extremely sarcastic winky face>

You're right, false subscription currencies, the cash shop, XP pots and instanced content are way better...see you on Agnarr :o

AzzarTheGod
03-21-2017, 05:02 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268709

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268708

Boy P99 raiding sure is great. At least there's no RMT right guys? <Insert extremely sarcastic winky face>

jcr has a point P99 isn't perfect

Yasi
03-21-2017, 05:43 AM
Once I started playing on Agnarr, I will relog into p1999 once in a while and tell you some stories about the time I drank that tasty 75% exp potion to boost me through that annoying hell lev... oh wait, there are no hell Levels on Agnarr. There are just these smooth and fun levels to achieve instead of 30hours High Keep Basement.
Maybe then I will tell you about that time I sat around in Gfay hoping to grab a port to join my blackburrow Group, to finally find a wizard to port me to NK after one hour to make a 30min run through WK to join my friends in BB who by then had logged out... oh wait - that didn't happen, because I just went through PoK to Group up with my friends within 10mins. Very antisocial I gotta say, because PoK books clearly ruined the social aspect of harrassing random druids and wizards for 60mins instead of being in a Group to kill stuff.

Daldaen
04-18-2017, 04:05 PM
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/agnarr-faq-pop-locked-progression-server-coming-weds-may-24-2017.239813/

May 24th Launch Date!

Aviann
04-18-2017, 04:49 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268709

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268708

Almost as great as having plebs who retired from the server still posting on the servers forums. Its fantastic!

Swiftyfist
04-18-2017, 05:17 PM
But it is so easy! xp pots?! clicky books, poor druids and wizards not needed anymore, well thats exactly why i quit live when i came back to see what it was like...that is not EQ! p99 is the end folks, we must accept this.

Zekayy
04-18-2017, 06:53 PM
on this day no fucks were given.... by me

indiscriminate_hater
04-18-2017, 07:07 PM
Looking forward to all these plebs leaving p99. Only hardcore neckbeards for me, thank you

Pokesan
04-18-2017, 07:57 PM
it'll be a goofy ass mac server with a huge population

will play

chief
04-19-2017, 04:50 PM
ill play

Swish
04-20-2017, 04:47 AM
Maybe we'll run into each other in Norrath_214 <3

Mead
04-20-2017, 05:27 AM
Can't wait to give daybreak more money so swish has to pop more beta blockers and anxiolytics

HeallunRumblebelly
04-20-2017, 09:55 PM
Ragefire / Lockjaw Exp. Prepare to be lvl 50 in > 1 day. Pick zones forming @ 12-18. Sad.

Fifield
04-20-2017, 11:44 PM
Its a server made for a more casual lifestyle then playing it 12 hrs a day. not sad at all. kind of enjoyable if you dont have the time to invest yet still wanna have some fun raiding.

Pokesan
04-20-2017, 11:45 PM
will karana arrows exist? going paladin if not

Enderenter
04-21-2017, 07:41 PM
Yeah I don't know if most of these guys didn't raid PoP on live, or just dont care about a meaningful experience.

I have no idea how you can say Agnarr and Phinigel will hold interest when the achievement is so cheapened. Its almost like McDonalds raids in WoW.

I've seen you guys in the BDA thread saying "BUT ITS THE STRATS, WE ALL KNOW THE STRATS NOW LOL. WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT"

No. No its not the strats. We had the strats, it was still ridiculously hard even with veteran raid leaders returning out of retirement to help us relaunch back into PoTime. Veteran off-tanks, veteran pullers and raid leaders. You barely scraped by, you didn't fucking stomp your way back into PoTime and stomp your way to Quarm and then stomp Quarm

Attempting a PoTime relaunch was considered IMPOSSIBLE and a WASTE OF TIME on Live. That is how massive of an undertaking it was considered to be during the year it launched.

Everybody knows (or should know) that the TLP servers are trivialized content.

LostCause
04-21-2017, 10:25 PM
can't wait to train efreeti camp and ks efreeti.

WTS gebs 2 krono

Steven23
04-23-2017, 09:14 PM
Why would one even play agnarr especially if they have to pay? Isn't the project the same thing but better with no fee? Someone please explain this to me?

Andos
04-23-2017, 10:08 PM
Why would one even play agnarr especially if they have to pay? Isn't the project the same thing but better with no fee? Someone please explain this to me?

Because you can avoid the AIDS that is p99 raiding for a nominal fee.

Steven23
04-23-2017, 11:42 PM
2 completely different games really,

along with 2 different end expansions

I'm sorry I meant to say project 2002 what is the difference between agnarr and 2002?

Pokesan
04-23-2017, 11:46 PM
I'm sorry I meant to say project 2002 what is the difference between agnarr and 2002?

paywall keeps psycho grocers & staff out

Swish
04-24-2017, 02:17 AM

Pal you're mistaken there, the AIDS is built in - you'll find it alongside the Daybreak Cash button and instancing.

PoP never had instancing, so why you'd promote an instanced server that doesn't continue beyond that expansion is a bit weird.

I'm sure everyone will enjoy reliving the time they got 30 AAs an hour using shop bought XP pots, just like in the old days.

Darkatar
04-24-2017, 02:19 AM
I'm sure everyone will enjoy reliving the time they got 30 AAs an hour using shop bought XP pots, just like in the old days.

This guy gets it.

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2017, 03:45 AM
More concerned about the raids on Agnarr being trivialized in comparison to TAKP/2002 or whatever.

The tuning is garbage on live progression, I'm not even sure the most trash zerg guild would struggle to enter PoTime or kill Emperor.

Prove me wrong, list a trash guild that went PoTime on Phinigel relatively quickly?

Swish
04-24-2017, 04:31 AM
Prove me wrong, list a trash guild that went PoTime on Phinigel relatively quickly?[/size]

That's an easy one, not sure if I should say it though or they'll batphone the thread.

Mortec
04-24-2017, 07:28 AM
Been out of the loop for a long while - and only recently started playing on this'ere server, (and thoroughly enjoying myself, I might add), but what is Ragefire/Lockjaw xp?

I'm thinking - and dreading, heeps more xp for what is "normal/usual"? Trivializing content and thus, perhaps, sense of achievement?

Yasi
04-24-2017, 08:08 AM
More concerned about the raids on Agnarr being trivialized in comparison to TAKP/2002 or whatever.

The tuning is garbage on live progression, I'm not even sure the most trash zerg guild would struggle to enter PoTime or kill Emperor.

Prove me wrong, list a trash guild that went PoTime on Phinigel relatively quickly?

It isn't trivialized raids what makes raids easy on classic Servers. It's the players that do just as the technical environment.

Back in the day, when ppl raided PoTime, it was the year 2002. The big fish were rocking their Geforce 4 series with 128mb ram on a sick 17" Monitor. My mouse had a ball back then. wtf?

Take WoW for example. (Yes please, you may come out of your "ERMERGERD WOW IS SO EASY; EQ WAS SO HARD RAIDS"-cave now). WoW raids at release were kinda hard, take BWL or smth similar, where (at least on our EU Servers), guilds struggled for several weeks, hoping for luck with chrommagus or nef-p1 random. Now on the classic WoW servers (exactly the same content, no trivilization), BWL is cleaned 6h after opening. Simply because People know what they're doing. They've played 15 different MMOs in the meantime and just know their stuff.

It doesn't matter if you make raids more trivial today. The ppl playing on Agnarr won't be your 45 year old dad enjoying 2hours of EQ a week and whiping your raid due to brain-hand-delay (like he did in 2002). The ppl playing on Agnarr will be advanced gamers.

maskedmelonpai
04-24-2017, 09:34 AM
The ppl playing on Agnarr will be advanced gamers.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-24-2017, 11:09 AM
The ppl playing on Agnarr won't be your 45 year old dad enjoying 2hours of EQ a week and whiping your raid due to brain-hand-delay (like he did in 2002). The ppl playing on Agnarr will be advanced gamers.

That's right. I'm not 45 anymore, pussy.
http://i.imgur.com/BbTAzjY.png

Kazik
04-24-2017, 01:02 PM
Why do people get stressed about a monthly fee? What is it, $15?

Is everyone on P99 on a McDonalds and ramen noodle budget?

Darkatar
04-24-2017, 01:07 PM

P2P is fine, P2W is garbage.

Daldaen
04-24-2017, 01:56 PM
A lot of their cash shop stuff is retarded.

But you don't need any of it to raid at a top tier. Can easily max level an AA without absurd playtime requirements or exp potions.

Tankdan
04-24-2017, 02:18 PM
Why do people get stressed about a monthly fee? What is it, $15? Is everyone on P99 on a McDonalds and ramen noodle budget?

I always hated this stupid argument. What is it, $15x12=$180 a year to access a single game before even using a single cash shop item. The moment you stop paying Daybreak, that game is literally taken away from you. It's a retarded model. And even then, hardly anyone is stressing over it. Hundreds of cool things are cheap as hell, doesnt mean you have it. Why don't you pay Project1999 $15 a month since its just $15? Why don't you have Hulu right now if its $10 a month?

Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you should get it. In the end I just don't want to give my money to Daybreak.

dafier
04-24-2017, 02:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OdU1elQ.jpg?fb

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2017, 05:28 PM

Who the fuck goes to McDonalds on a budget? You realize how expensive McDonalds is compared to your ramen?

You can blow 30 dollars at McDonalds easily just to eat a full meal

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2017, 05:28 PM
It isn't trivialized raids what makes raids easy on classic Servers. It's the players that do just as the technical environment.

Back in the day, when ppl raided PoTime, it was the year 2002. The big fish were rocking their Geforce 4 series with 128mb ram on a sick 17" Monitor. My mouse had a ball back then. wtf?

Take WoW for example. (Yes please, you may come out of your "ERMERGERD WOW IS SO EASY; EQ WAS SO HARD RAIDS"-cave now). WoW raids at release were kinda hard, take BWL or smth similar, where (at least on our EU Servers), guilds struggled for several weeks, hoping for luck with chrommagus or nef-p1 random. Now on the classic WoW servers (exactly the same content, no trivilization), BWL is cleaned 6h after opening. Simply because People know what they're doing. They've played 15 different MMOs in the meantime and just know their stuff.

It doesn't matter if you make raids more trivial today. The ppl playing on Agnarr won't be your 45 year old dad enjoying 2hours of EQ a week and whiping your raid due to brain-hand-delay (like he did in 2002). The ppl playing on Agnarr will be advanced gamers.

woke

maskedmelonpai
04-24-2017, 05:48 PM
Who the fuck goes to McDonalds on a budget? You realize how expensive McDonalds is compared to your ramen?

*daps noodle*

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2017, 06:10 PM
ITT someone thinks its 1995 and McDonalds has great cheap food.

Its practically a luxury priced restaurant now with priced burgers the same as a restaurant. The fake chicken nuggets are like fucking 10 dollars for a bunch of FAKE chicken...they make a killing in profits.

If we could get McDonalds buns + flavor + Wendy's burgers = perfect fast food worth the cost.

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2017, 06:12 PM
( correction, strike the above post. )

ITT someone doesn't leave their house for 20 years, since EQ came out, and makes post on the forum.

Only explanation I have for the suggestion that McDonalds is anywhere near cheap. GJ staying inside buddy, the world sucks anyway.

dafier
04-24-2017, 06:13 PM
... 30 dollars at McDonalds easily just to eat a full meal

confirmed fat

maskedmelonpai
04-24-2017, 06:15 PM
If we could get McDonalds buns + flavor + Wendy's burgers = perfect fast food worth the cost.

*daps buns*

Kazik
04-24-2017, 06:16 PM

Don't know, I don't eat that crap. I just associate it with the poor, who also happen to be dumb.

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2017, 06:18 PM
confirmed fat

*peers through binoculars*

I thought you were a happy epic mage?

dafier
04-24-2017, 06:21 PM
happy...sad...joyous...whatever...

It's really just a point of view. Kinda like looking through glass whether magnified or not.

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2017, 06:29 PM
happy...sad...joyous...whatever...

It's really just a point of view. Kinda like looking through glass whether magnified or not.

*throws binoculars aside, begins to adjust telescope*

Yep its a mage.

dafier
04-24-2017, 06:48 PM
miss you too ;)

/hugs

Darkatar
04-24-2017, 06:52 PM
Don't know, I don't eat that crap. I just associate it with the poor, who also happen to be dumb.

cringe

Steve Jobs was broke and homeless at one point.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-24-2017, 06:59 PM

Every 45 minutes, by law, Taco Bell has to throw away that meat paste it uses in its beef tacos. It has to dispose of all food waste to an outside dumpster ever two hours. Both Burger King and McDonald's get rid of unused bread products every hour. If you live near a fast food strip, the timing is pretty easy to get down and the total bill = zero.

kelsoider
04-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Best way to lose weight is to cut out carbs. That means no bread, pasta, rice, alcohol, but most importantly no sugar; good to go? Eat all the meat, vegetables, and assorted nuts that you want.

radda
04-24-2017, 07:17 PM

Yer retarded

Mead
04-24-2017, 07:20 PM
30 dollars at mcdonalds lol

https://secretmenus.com/mcdonalds/full-menu/

If you're spending 30 dollars at mcdonalds in one sitting for yourself you need to end your life

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2017, 07:25 PM
30 dollars at mcdonalds lol

https://secretmenus.com/mcdonalds/full-menu/

If you're spending 30 dollars at mcdonalds in one sitting for yourself you need to end your life

secretmenu aka fake menu. Go to McDonalds yourself and buy 2-3 items and a side of fries, its at least 20-25 bucks.

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2017, 07:26 PM
Yer retarded

*adjusts monocle* Ah lets see what we have here...

Oh, its this pokemon I've been apt to study. It seems to have some type of affinity for these type of remarks, but I'll need a closer look..

Mead
04-24-2017, 07:34 PM
secretmenu aka fake menu. Go to McDonalds yourself and buy 2-3 items and a side of fries, its at least 20-25 bucks.

You talk as if you're the only one on these forums that have ever been to a Mcdonalds. You're either one fat fuck or confused

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2017, 07:40 PM
You talk as if you're the only one on these forums that have ever been to a Mcdonalds. You're either one fat fuck or confused

Maybe I am just average sized and eat a normal sized dinner?

I've talked to people at the bar recently about it, during the day, on no drinks (i dont drink, i pick up takeout) and they said the same thing. They go to McDonalds and blow 50 bucks so they don't go.

Can you order some small cuck items off the bitch menu and spent less than 10 dollars? probably but the real items cost real money.

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2017, 07:41 PM
ITT bitches post about ordering off the bitch menu at McDonalds and call it cheap.

Its still not cheap or anywhere near cheap compared to Ramen. McDonalds is not part of a budget.

You lose.

Pokesan
04-24-2017, 07:44 PM
Every 45 minutes, by law, Taco Bell has to throw away that meat paste it uses in its beef tacos. It has to dispose of all food waste to an outside dumpster ever two hours. Both Burger King and McDonald's get rid of unused bread products every hour. If you live near a fast food strip, the timing is pretty easy to get down and the total bill = zero.

please do not eat things you find in the trash

Rang
04-24-2017, 10:09 PM
ITT bitches post about ordering off the bitch menu at McDonalds and call it cheap.

Its still not cheap or anywhere near cheap compared to Ramen. McDonalds is not part of a budget.

You lose.

We all bow to your intricate knowledge of the McDonald's menu. We have all truly lost.

Swish
04-24-2017, 11:05 PM
Best way to lose weight is to cut out carbs. That means no bread, pasta, rice, alcohol, but most importantly no sugar; good to go? Eat all the meat, vegetables, and assorted nuts that you want.

This is good advice if you're rotting in an office from 9-5. For anyone doing a more physical job you need some carbs in there...I'd go with it in cereal form at breakfast ^^

You're welcome.

maskedmelon
04-24-2017, 11:17 PM
i not it at mcdonalds in prolly 7-8 years :c it make me sad to think of all the foods i been denied :c i not miss the tummy aches though >.>

anyone else suffer whenever they ate at mcdonalds?

i always lieked they cheesburger. it was yum, but gross too. it a conflicted food thing.

AzzarTheGod
04-24-2017, 11:22 PM
We all bow to your intricate knowledge of the McDonald's menu. We have all truly lost.

Thx 4 affirmation

Lhancelot
04-24-2017, 11:35 PM
The passion exhibited in this thread over McDonalds is riveting, to say the least.

That being said, I have my own personal story to share with you about McDonalds, fellas!

As a child I despised hamburger, as I always tended to chew my food quite thoroughly. Chewing hamburger thoroughly seemed to always produce bits of bone and gristle which I found disgusting.

It wasn't until many years later, while in basic training as a young 17 year old I had to learn how to eat hamburger meat, as this was a common meal served to us at least once a week.

Being allotted a small amount of time to eat with drill sergeants barking at us to scarf our food down as quickly as possible all the while being reminded not to talk to any surrounding soldiers in the chow hall inadvertently taught me the proper method to eating hamburger meat.

Essentially the most important thing to do when eating hamburger meat is to not chew it thoroughly, only break the meat up enough so as to swallow small chunks down, similar to how a shark takes chunks out of a floundering seal, gulping chunks of the flesh in pieces.

For this revelation, I owe the U.S. Army.

You may wonder what this has to do with McDonalds, and here it is.

Leaving Fort Jackson with my parents, before heading to AIT, my parents asked me where I wanted to go to lunch, and my first thought was McDonalds.

You see, all my life I had never eaten a Big Mac, I had only heard of them, never once had I ever tried a Big Mac!

My total disgust for hamburger all of my juvenile life held me hostage from the exquisite experience of eating a Big Mac....

Anyway, much to the surprise of my parents, I requested that we go to McDonalds, and I had my first Big Mac at the age of 18, as I had a birthday while in basic training.

For many years I continued eating Big Macs and all other assorted hamburgers from other restaurants, until about five years ago, when I then stopped eating beef and other processed meats.

Anyway, I just felt like sharing with you my good McDonalds story!

Darkatar
04-24-2017, 11:48 PM
For many years I continued eating Big Macs and all other assorted hamburgers from other restaurants, until about five years ago, when I then stopped eating beef and other processed meats.

http://i.imgur.com/pGrnXW7.jpg

Swish
04-25-2017, 12:01 AM
The passion exhibited in this thread over McDonalds is riveting, to say the least.

That being said, I have my own personal story to share with you about McDonalds, fellas!

As a child I despised hamburger, as I always tended to chew my food quite thoroughly. Chewing hamburger thoroughly seemed to always produce bits of bone and gristle which I found disgusting.

It wasn't until many years later, while in basic training as a young 17 year old I had to learn how to eat hamburger meat, as this was a common meal served to us at least once a week.

Being allotted a small amount of time to eat with drill sergeants barking at us to scarf our food down as quickly as possible all the while being reminded not to talk to any surrounding soldiers in the chow hall inadvertently taught me the proper method to eating hamburger meat.

Essentially the most important thing to do when eating hamburger meat is to not chew it thoroughly, only break the meat up enough so as to swallow small chunks down, similar to how a shark takes chunks out of a floundering seal, gulping chunks of the flesh in pieces.

For this revelation, I owe the U.S. Army.

You may wonder what this has to do with McDonalds, and here it is.

Leaving Fort Jackson with my parents, before heading to AIT, my parents asked me where I wanted to go to lunch, and my first thought was McDonalds.

You see, all my life I had never eaten a Big Mac, I had only heard of them, never once had I ever tried a Big Mac!

My total disgust for hamburger all of my juvenile life held me hostage from the exquisite experience of eating a Big Mac....

Anyway, much to the surprise of my parents, I requested that we go to McDonalds, and I had my first Big Mac at the age of 18, as I had a birthday while in basic training.

Anyway, I just felt like sharing with you my good McDonalds story!

"chewing a hamburger"
"disgust for hamburgers"

You're welcome.

Yasi
04-25-2017, 03:59 AM
Considering the reward (playtime fun), I always found 15$ a month a fair deal. Going to the cinema with some popcorn and a coke equals 2 months of playtime. I think it is a cheap hobby. However, this logic came to me at a time when ppl did not expect anything on the internet to be free.

Darkatar
04-25-2017, 04:29 AM
Considering the reward (playtime fun), I always found 15$ a month a fair deal. Going to the cinema with some popcorn and a coke equals 2 months of playtime. I think it is a cheap hobby. However, this logic came to me at a time when ppl did not expect anything on the internet to be free.

The p2play is fine, it's the p2w/p2a that makes it seem like stagnant moneygrab garbage that you could find in almost any private server of any game (or even legit games/servers) that lets you pay for "minor advantages"

I'd rather pay a higher monthly fee than play on a server that sells perks. Matter of fact, I refuse to play on servers that sell perks ("minor" or otherwise).

It's like being offered a discount hotel room, but the bed/sheets/pillowcase/shampoo/water/ice/curtains/doorlock/do not disturb sign "minor advantages" all cost extra. Sure, It's a hotel room, it's got a roof, you can sleep in it, but you're not getting "the whole thing" unless you shell out to the moneygrab.

If they offered a server with twice the monthly cost but no p2w bullshit I'd actually give it a try, As it stands...garbage.

Also the dynamic of being able to pay for your subscription with tradeable krono (buyable with cash) which players can trade is flat out RMT.

Andos
04-25-2017, 04:56 AM
It's like being offered a discount hotel room, but the bed/sheets/pillowcase/shampoo/water/ice/curtains/doorlock/do not disturb sign "minor advantages" all cost extra. Sure, It's a hotel room, it's got a roof, you can sleep in it, but you're not getting "the whole thing" unless you shell out to the moneygrab.

Bad analogy, if anything the cash shop is like a mini bar. Nothing you can't easily live without, you can save some time by grabbing something from it, or you can walk down the street and grab something for a little more effort/time. Oh no, people are getting XP pots and stupid graphics, my game is ruined, oh wait it won't effect my game because I'll be able to play instanced content with my guild without having to deal with unemployed neckbeards waiting to race for a 2 year old mob to spawn for 12 hours.

Yasi
04-25-2017, 04:58 AM
I am a huge fan of RMT as it allows me to get some stuff with limited time but extra funds to spare. I always wished p99 would allow for RMT and I think in the end, not being able to buy some pp killed it for me at some point. But my personal believes are a different story here :P

I wouldn't really call daybreak's model p2w (I am not used to the term p2a - what is p2a?) but I guess that also depends on where you get your fun out of a MMORPG. If you want to be the fastest leveler, then it is p2w. But if you don't care if you're the first to reach max level, it doesn't rly matter. You can't buy anything that makes your character stronger than other characters - which would be p2w for me and ruin my experience.

Darkatar
04-25-2017, 05:43 AM
Bad analogy, if anything the cash shop is like a mini bar. Nothing you can't easily live without, you can save some time by grabbing something from it, or you can walk down the street and grab something for a little more effort/time.

I was going to originally use the minbar as an example, but it gets dumb because like you said, You can just walk down the street to avoid the stupid pricing. The problem is with a MMO is the ENTIRE POINT OF THE GAME is to spend effort/time, not money. If you want to throw money at a game, go to a casino. At least you get liquor.

not being able to buy some pp killed it for me at some point.

I wouldn't really call daybreak's model p2w (I am not used to the term p2a - what is p2a?) but I guess that also depends on where you get your fun out of a MMORPG. If you want to be the fastest leveler, then it is p2w. But if you don't care if you're the first to reach max level, it doesn't rly matter. You can't buy anything that makes your character stronger than other characters - which would be p2w for me and ruin my experience.

P2A pay to advance/advantage.

You can use krono to play.
You can buy krono with cash.
You can trade krono with players.
So, the economy is based heavily around krono, considering, yknow, krono enables play (or your own cash)

So...You can buy krono, and trade it for anything else that is normally trade-able (and probably loot rights, etc)

Now, The next argument will be "But you can only use it for subscriptionszzz111!!!!

Yeah, but you can be 100% fucking sure that its opened up a "black market" for krono. You can probably find krono cheaper than what you can find it from the server store from illegitimate sources.

"But I don't use those sources so it doesn't matter to me!"
"Those people get banned!"

Yeah, and?
The market revolves around krono, the server prints krono, sells them to players. Some use them, some trade them, some farm like old *insert nationality here* gold farmers on WOW. Even if they DO get banned, the market is still fucked, server still gets their cash, and prints new krono. It's actually beneficial for the gold farm mentality to the server owners, because the small percentage of people that they catch and ban, the server is essentially refunding themselves the krono they inflated the market with, without having to give back the money that was originally paid for the krono.

Good for the bottom line, terrible game.

Xzavie
04-25-2017, 06:28 AM
Paying for EQ is classic AF.

Rang
04-25-2017, 08:15 AM
The market revolves around krono, the server prints krono, sells them to players. Some use them, some trade them, some farm like old *insert nationality here* gold farmers on WOW. Even if they DO get banned, the market is still fucked, server still gets their cash, and prints new krono. It's actually beneficial for the gold farm mentality to the server owners, because the small percentage of people that they catch and ban, the server is essentially refunding themselves the krono they inflated the market with, without having to give back the money that was originally paid for the krono

You make some valid points but raid loot is still non trade and requires cooperation of a guild to obtain so yes Krono campers / farmers are a pain but only for tradeable items. I suppose loot rights could be sold but corpse timers still restrict that to a certain degree. And once the later xpacs come out all the BiS stuff is no trade that requires a guild raid.

Yasi
04-25-2017, 08:28 AM
Krono allows a deal: people with time to play/farm, but unwilling to pay money for the game get playtime, people without time to play/farm, but willing to pay money for the game, get some retwards. It's win-win. Actually win-win-win if you Count in Daybreak ;)

Relbaic
04-25-2017, 08:52 AM
Paying for EQ is classic AF.

burkemi5
04-25-2017, 09:03 AM
30 dollars at McDonald's? Are you shitting me? You are a complete retard if you spend more than 5 dollars at McDonalds. Two McChickens (~700 calories) and one small fry (230 calories) is by far more than any one person should eat from McD's at once. And it only costs you three dollars. Spending 30 bucks at McD's would yield you literally 10,000 calories worth of food. Azzar confirmed obese.

Pokesan
04-25-2017, 10:02 AM
ITT weak skinnyfats insult a big dawg gettin his macros

Spyder73
04-25-2017, 10:05 AM

AzzarTheFatSh!t

Mead
04-25-2017, 10:16 AM
30 dollars at McDonald's? Are you shitting me? You are a complete retard if you spend more than 5 dollars at McDonalds. Two McChickens (~700 calories) and one small fry (230 calories) is by far more than any one person should eat from McD's at once. And it only costs you three dollars. Spending 30 bucks at McD's would yield you literally 10,000 calories worth of food. Azzar confirmed obese.

I think he's going by how much he can fit into his stomach. Nutritional facts got nothing to do with this. I'm almost tempted to go to mcdonalds, buy 30 dollars of food, put it all on a tray, get a pic for the forums, then throw that bullshit out.

dafier
04-25-2017, 12:00 PM
reality check for everyone and defending fat Azz dude.

What if he lives in NY City? I mean McDs is expensive there. Just sayin'

burkemi5
04-25-2017, 12:21 PM

My point stands. Will two McChickens and one value meal fry cost thirty dollars? Of course not.

maskedmelonpai
04-25-2017, 12:25 PM
ITT weak skinnyfats insult a big dawg gettin his macros

this right here. i mean ATG a big dude, he have like background in lotta lifting no? even if he not lifting no more and not all worried about eating clean and stuffs, it still take a lotta foods to fuel a big powerful body like that and that don't mean he fat, especially by American standards.

if we figure he rounded up liek normal people do with math, then we can say actual cost of around $25.00. knock off 10% for tax and you at $22.50 raw cost. now even though he not so worried about eatin clean (i mean, he eating mcdonalds) he still prolly want to get his veggies in and that ain't free! figure 6 extra tomato slices (2-3 per sandwich) and 2 order extra lettuce and you at $4.00 right there just to make you food a bit more nutritious. That leave $18.50 for foods. Figure he get a 20pc nugget order and two bacon clubhouse burger (azzy pretty trendy, so I assume he be on top the promotional burgers most time) and he have $4.50 left for a soft drink and sauces for his nuggets. that only liek 2500 calories TOPS and that assume he eat it all. 1/3 probably go in garbage, or take home for later or dog, so really only around 1600 calorie, not much for someone who can bench press one the neckbeard a around here and they outer desk at once.

Darkatar
04-25-2017, 12:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9eacfEI.jpg

Wanted one with a whole bunch of greasy burgers but i'm wayyyy too lazy to do that for a RNF post

Bubbles
04-25-2017, 12:40 PM

Amen. Those buns at fast food hamburger restaurants are about the worst thing you can put into your body, in terms of digestive health.

Hell I pay half that having lunch at Chipotle. I'm fine with paying for EQ. I've donated to every emu I've ever played on happily. The movie theatres are insane though. F that evil empire.

The p2play is fine, it's the p2w/p2a that makes it seem like stagnant moneygrab garbage that you could find in almost any private server of any game (or even legit games/servers) that lets you pay for "minor advantages"

I'd rather pay a higher monthly fee than play on a server that sells perks. Matter of fact, I refuse to play on servers that sell perks ("minor" or otherwise).

If they offered a server with twice the monthly cost but no p2w bullshit I'd actually give it a try, As it stands...garbage.

Also the dynamic of being able to pay for your subscription with tradeable krono (buyable with cash) which players can trade is flat out RMT.

You... really... need... to look into p99's history and present. Agnarr is an escape from imbalanced RMT, not a blind charge into it.

Darkatar
04-25-2017, 12:43 PM
You... really... need... to look into p99's history and present. Agnarr is an escape from imbalanced RMT, not a blind charge into it.

The difference is, Agnarr makes money (in a roundabout way) by banning RMTers(who rmt krono, at the very least)

Here, on P99, when RMTers are banned, the only benefit the server/server owner gets, is less RMT on their server. Rogean doesn't sell shit to the people he just banned.

maskedmelonpai
04-25-2017, 12:50 PM

this a good point to, one that was playin on my mind. all you rural unemployed whites take you mcprivilege for granted. stuffs ain't cheap in he city, even if you pullin six figures, housing alone knock you effective disposable income down to the point that $30 for a good meal at mcdonalds is really felt in the pocketbook.

and who wanna limit theyself to 2mcchicken and a small fry every time they go out to eat? slave at the office all day only to have to eat liek one? where the joy in life? what about Liberty? FREEDOM OF CHOICE

burkemi5
04-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Can't believe people are actually defending someone spending thirty fucking dollars on some garbage tier McD's. I give you, you trolls win.

Darkatar
04-25-2017, 01:49 PM
It seems like you may not know what actually happened/happens on P99.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

Server Negativity
Spreading negative propaganda about the server and serving no purpose other than to slander the community and it's staff will not be allowed. This goes hand in hand with trolling however it does extend to the Rants and Flames forums. The staff work hard to provide this experience to you, and we will not tolerate negative conjecture about our agendas or actions.

FatMice
04-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Can't believe people are actually defending someone spending thirty fucking dollars on some garbage tier McD's. I give you, you trolls win.

All these people who think the glass is half empty; I'd look at it half full. Clearly this man is a saint. Buys a $1.50 coffee off the Dollar Menu and tips the helpless minimum wage worker $28.50. Fills his stomach with good deeds.

Darkatar
04-25-2017, 02:21 PM
All these people who think the glass is half empty; I'd look at it half full. Clearly this man is a saint. Buys a $1.50 coffee off the Dollar Menu and tips the helpless minimum wage worker $28.50. Fills his stomach with good deeds.

Are McD employees even allowed to accept tips? I've never seen anyone leave or give a tip at Mcdonalds, myself included.

Might be indicative of the service received (yeah I'm looking at you dude who thinks I don't notice that mustard I asked to not have, that you tried to cover up with extra ketchup because you're too lazy to prepare a different burger, making me drive back to the fucking shop)

mattydef
04-25-2017, 04:02 PM
A luxurious non dollar menu meal at Mcdonalds is under or just about $10. That also includes a drink and fries. There's no way anyone could spend anywhere near $30 on themselves no matter where you live, unless of course you eat multiple Big Macs, 20 piece chicken nuggets, a mcflurry, cookies, large fries and drinks in one sitting.

Darkatar
04-25-2017, 04:04 PM
a mcflurry

Haven't bought one of these since they stopped letting you get M&Ms in them. Might as well get actual real ice cream.

radda
04-25-2017, 04:45 PM
^rofl . weak
why mention bar only to state take-out.
push over...

radda
04-25-2017, 04:45 PM
Maybe I am just average sized and eat a normal sized dinner?

I've talked to people at the bar recently about it, during the day, on no drinks (i dont drink, i pick up takeout) and they said the same thing. They go to McDonalds and blow 50 bucks so they don't go.

Can you order some small cuck items off the bitch menu and spent less than 10 dollars? probably but the real items cost real money.

meant to qoute this above

radda
04-25-2017, 04:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9eacfEI.jpg

AzzarTheGod
04-25-2017, 05:31 PM
A luxurious non dollar menu meal at Mcdonalds is under or just about $10. That also includes a drink and fries. There's no way anyone could spend anywhere near $30 on themselves no matter where you live, unless of course you eat multiple Big Macs, 20 piece chicken nuggets, a mcflurry, cookies, large fries and drinks in one sitting.

I order 2-3 items. At least 2 burgers, additional large fry, and then sometimes a chicken crisp or the fake chicken nuggets. Sometimes a frosty. No soft drinks or sugary drinks.

I only eat 1 meal a day (I fast for 10 hours every day)

Very Slightly overweight from inactivity, nowhere near fat.

AzzarTheGod
04-25-2017, 05:42 PM

Also this. My state has a luxury tax on going out to eat. It's a sales tax for not eating at home basically.

AzzarTheGod
04-25-2017, 05:53 PM
this a good point to, one that was playin on my mind. all you rural unemployed whites take you mcprivilege for granted. stuffs ain't cheap in he city, even if you pullin six figures, housing alone knock you effective disposable income down to the point that $30 for a good meal at mcdonalds is really felt in the pocketbook.

and who wanna limit theyself to 2mcchicken and a small fry every time they go out to eat? slave at the office all day only to have to eat liek one? where the joy in life? what about Liberty? FREEDOM OF CHOICE

Exactly. You're going out to eat, you're going to get some food that you want. If you go to McDonald's you're not going to eat off the dollar menu that's disgusting.

Stay in your house and eat a slice of bread with butter kids. They said it was anorexia. Is it possible? Yes it is.gif

FatMice
04-25-2017, 06:00 PM
Exactly. You're going out to eat, you're going to get some food that you want. If you go to McDonald's you're not going to eat off the dollar menu that's disgusting.

Now you lost me. Explain to me the process of how the dollar menu food is any way different than the rest of the menu; let alone an indication of quality.

A better conversation regarding McDonald'd would be a little known fact that McDonalds corporate makes more money from their real estate and licensing deals than from the margins in the food production. Not many realize that they are one of the largest global land owners.

AzzarTheGod
04-25-2017, 06:25 PM
Now you lost me. Explain to me the process of how the dollar menu food is any way different than the rest of the menu; let alone an indication of quality.

A better conversation regarding McDonald'd would be a little known fact that McDonalds corporate makes more money from their real estate and licensing deals than from the margins in the food production. Not many realize that they are one of the largest global land owners.

Easy. Take a dollar burger and compare it to a quarter pounder or compare it to whatever marquee item is currently being promoted. its junk. if you bought one id wait for you to look away then snatch it up and throw it out the window.

AzzarTheGod
04-25-2017, 06:28 PM
^rofl . weak
why mention bar only to state take-out.
push over...

*twists lens on telescopic camera*

*takes photo of radda* interesting interesting

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-25-2017, 08:33 PM
This entire McDonalds thing is going to get out of control. It is going to get out of control and I do not think any of us are going to live through it.

Byrjun
04-25-2017, 08:59 PM
This server is out right?

I downloaded EQ but it's not on the server list.

Do I have to pay $$$ for it to appear on the list?

Mead
04-25-2017, 09:00 PM
When will then be now?

radda
04-25-2017, 09:12 PM
I order 2-3 items. At least 2 burgers, additional large fry, and then sometimes a chicken crisp or the fake chicken nuggets. Sometimes a frosty. No soft drinks or sugary drinks.

Confirmed a fatass

Byrjun
04-25-2017, 09:12 PM
Oh May 24th.

Not April 24th.

Mead
04-25-2017, 09:38 PM

You will eat 4 buns, two orders of large fries, and a frosty, but no "sugary drinks" heh. No offense but you're either trolling or your knowledge of what carbs are is zero.

Dizey
04-25-2017, 10:10 PM
Seems like some people are hung up on not wanting to pay $15 a month for EQ. I have 3 accounts on Phinny. Haven't payed for my sub out of pocket since the first month. It's easy to make enough Krono to pay for your sub without having to put in any exorbitant effort. You can MQ epics, sell random drops, PL people, use trade skills to make plat and buy krono in game early on, sell planer drop loot rights, etc. You can make a krono in a fraction of the time you spend camping a boss window on p99.

Bubbles
04-25-2017, 10:53 PM
It seems like you may not know what actually happened/happens on P99.

'may' was a kind word :)

Pokesan
04-25-2017, 11:15 PM
gordo is right about the value menu tho. think hard on your life before choking down a $1 burger, there are people who care about you.

burkemi5
04-25-2017, 11:22 PM
Think hard about eating at McDs at all for any meals.

Pokesan
04-25-2017, 11:30 PM
Think hard about eating at McDs at all for any meals.

there's a champion athlete on these very forums who eats 2 mcfish after every workout

he fucking loves sports

Spyder73
04-26-2017, 12:15 AM
1) Stop encouraging Quido

2) ATG, i got a bucket of pixel grease with your name on it fat boi. You gona WOKE up dead due to clog arteries

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-26-2017, 12:27 AM
Technosophomore just needs a slug of water. Fuck fast food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0p8zApGA00

Papa
04-27-2017, 01:31 PM
Server Negativity
Spreading negative propaganda about the server and serving no purpose other than to slander the community and it's staff will not be allowed. This goes hand in hand with trolling however it does extend to the Rants and Flames forums. The staff work hard to provide this experience to you, and we will not tolerate negative conjecture about our agendas or actions.

staff confirmed fragile snowflakes

Mead
04-27-2017, 03:24 PM
staff confirmed fragile snowflakes

fragile like the whiners crying their internet freedom of speech rights are being taken away?

Hailto
04-27-2017, 03:54 PM
Why are people excited over this? It's just going to be live EQ with time locked expansions. The only thing that makes P99 fun is that it's a fairly legitimate representation of classic EQ. You're going to have reskinned zones, vanity items in cash store, pay2win potions, paid mounts etc.

Am I wrong here?

Tankdan
04-27-2017, 03:59 PM
Hmm wat do.. I asked Daybreak for my account name and they sent me 24 accounts associated with my email. I also dont remember my password, and after looking through 3 accounts, they locked me out of all password/account recovery tools.