PDA

View Full Version : Policy on pulling pathers

fischsemmel
02-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Like with seafuries and HGs who have started wandering from their initial spawn points.

IS there a policy for this? Or some kind of Or should I, too, mem a fast-casting spell and do my best to ninja mobs out from under the noses of other people who are obviously about 2 seconds away from pulling with a REAL spell that a fight should actually be started with?

Don't mean to complain too much really, cause if it's common practice to be a dick... I'll be a dick too and not give it another thought.

Was I expecting too much from the average p99 player, to think that they would actually let me pull with cascading darkness instead of having to try pull shit diseae cloud and run the mob away so that no one else can kill it? I really thought that was the kind of shit that I left behind when I quit WoW... and even in WoW, you only see people doing that for the first week of a new expansion.

Kassel
02-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Its not yours until you engage it. It is not always obvious that you are about to pull a mob

Not everyone who hits a mob first is a dick, sometimes its hard to see skellys, consider that there Darkness spell takes as long to cast as yours and they just happend to get the jump on you.

SF island is probably the most overcamped area on the server so yes you should expect this type of play on that island.

In short, move faster and play better.

fischsemmel
02-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Also, am I blind? Why can't I figure out how to edit a the first post in a thread?

Ihealyou
02-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Young passive aggressive post.

fischsemmel
02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
In short, move faster and play better.

You mean box a shaman and mage duo? No thanks.

In the meantime, disease cloud pulls here I come.

Autotune
02-02-2011, 09:04 PM
quit being a bad necro and use the lvl 12 snare. or if you still cant tag fast enough, use the level 4 snare.

I have no problems tagging and killing furies even when its crowded

Kassel
02-02-2011, 09:27 PM

What does boxing have to do with being observant and hitting a button faster than the next guy?

Slathar
02-02-2011, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=Kassel;215853 hitting a button faster than the next guy?[/QUOTE]

this is all the skill thats required in eq

Harrison
02-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Slathar, I have a sneaking suspicion you're some chump level 3x still lol

Slathar
02-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Slathar, I have a sneaking suspicion you're some chump level 3x still lol

i have 2 50s both have had full planar gear since last november, i only played for a few months.

Harrison
02-02-2011, 10:01 PM
So what you're saying is you no longer play, but troll the forums?

I see.

bizzum
02-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Also, am I blind? Why can't I figure out how to edit a the first post in a thread?

For some reason they dont let you edit your R&F posts. I hope its so people who rage and then feel bad about it have to feel the shame for raging after when they are regretting it and getting roasted.

LevinJ
02-02-2011, 10:29 PM
There are plenty of ways to be as quick on the draw as everyone else. I would recommend that as a necro you send your pet in, then begin casting Cascading Darkness immediately after hitting the Pet Attack button. This way your pet won't die because your snare will quickly draw aggro from the pet, but you will be able to quickly engage the mob as well.

Or you can use Clinging Darkness, which is faster to cast than Cascading and will temporarily snare your mob thus not requiring you to run away screaming like a little girl because an unsnared mob is pissed off at you for casting Disease Cloud on it.

Seeing as how you probably are sending your pet in immediately after casting Cascading Darkness anyway, the only real difference is the order of operations. Now you first send in your pet and then cast your snare. The difference is really insignificant. It seems a pretty obvious solution to me.

Humerox
02-03-2011, 12:03 AM

Can't edit R&F.

:eek:

Humerox
02-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Can't edit R&F.

:eek:

Like I just wanted to because I just saw this just a couple posts up.

:mad:

Humerox
02-03-2011, 12:06 AM
just, just, just.

no posting when tired.

Knuckle
02-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Like with seafuries and HGs who have started wandering from their initial spawn points.

IS there a policy for this? Or some kind of Or should I, too, mem a fast-casting spell and do my best to ninja mobs out from under the noses of other people who are obviously about 2 seconds away from pulling with a REAL spell that a fight should actually be started with?

Don't mean to complain too much really, cause if it's common practice to be a dick... I'll be a dick too and not give it another thought.

Was I expecting too much from the average p99 player, to think that they would actually let me pull with cascading darkness instead of having to try pull shit diseae cloud and run the mob away so that no one else can kill it? I really thought that was the kind of shit that I left behind when I quit WoW... and even in WoW, you only see people doing that for the first week of a new expansion.

Quit being a giant vagina and pull with disease cloud.

Autotune
02-03-2011, 12:50 AM
you can use clinging, but i don't really like it.

I use engulfing darkness. Takes 2.5 secs to cast, and I never have problems with taggin furies.

Every now and then a mage will try to tag one after i started casting, but mine will still land and still take aggro and I generally still kill it like normal unless the mage decides to use all his mana to nuke it down.

anyhow, GL.

Ledzepp02
02-03-2011, 03:50 AM
Or you can use Clinging Darkness, which is faster to cast than Cascading and will temporarily snare your mob thus not requiring you to run away screaming like a little girl

Clinging Darkness:

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr107/Ledzepp_wow/ClingingDarkness.png

fischsemmel
02-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Seeing as how you probably are sending your pet in immediately after casting Cascading Darkness anyway, the only real difference is the order of operations. Now you first send in your pet and then cast your snare. The difference is really insignificant. It seems a pretty obvious solution to me.

I've been sending in my pet as soon as I'm in range that he will respond the attack command, and then starting cascading, and I end up either 1) losing the NPC because someone hits it with a quick nuke before my pet gets there (pet is always lagging a bit behind since he has no jboot/sow/whatever), or 2) someone else ends up nuking it but then cascading finishes cast and I get aggro, and the other person gets upset that I "stole" their pull.

Here's the kicker though. Someone else and I had words over the #2 situation last night because she was mad that I wasn't following the standard practice of pulling everything I possibly can with a level 1 spell. I "stole" two of her seafuries because cascading landed after she tried to pull with a level 1 nuke.

But yeah, I would have gotten the seafury either way. The only way cascading, a 7-second cast, could possibly go off on a target that someone else has nuked and is started to pull towards away to their pet on the shoreline, is if I started casting cascading like 3-4 seconds before the other person started casting their 1.5-second nuke. So whether I use cascading or a level 1 nuke, I'm going to get that seafury. But because I use cascading, I get bitched at.

Also, what is the OFFICIAL policy on "camping" individual spawns of seafuries/HGs/etc? The stickied post in the library defining camps seems to say that you can claim to be camping specific spawn(s) of these pathing NPCs by parking your character within aggro range of the creature's spawn point and being able to immediately engage it. But a "zone poll" of oot last night revealed that no one follows that policy, and instead just pulls whatever the hell they feel like because that's how they feel like doing it.

Even had someone try to level1nukepull a seafury off of my pet last night when I was doing just that, sitting right on the spawn waiting for the pop. Fucking lame.

fischsemmel
02-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Every now and then a mage will try to tag one after i started casting, but mine will still land and still take aggro and I generally still kill it like normal unless the mage decides to use all his mana to nuke it down.

This is what tends to happen with me.

Once in a while someone will aggro, via pet or proximity or nuke, a seafury when I have just started my darkness cast, and the seafury will be pulled too far away from me before my spell finishes... so I lose the seafury. That's fine by me, I can live with it.

What pisses me off is that I get blamed when someone else thinks when they hit a seafury for 6 damage after I've already been casting a spell on it for the last 6 seconds, and then I get the cyclops on me after cascading darkness finishes... that I did something wrong. The result would be the same if I used a level 1 spell, except that in the situation where I sometimes lose a seafury cause they get pulled out of range of CD would happen less often.

Me doing things this way actually gives everyone else MORE of a chance to get more kills, but people are bitching at me for using a real spell instead of fucking lifetap or disease cloud or clinging darkness, anyways.

fischsemmel
02-03-2011, 06:06 AM
So let's say I do start pulling with clinging darkness or disease cloud. They have 1.5- and 1.8-second casts, respectively.

It is still going to happen, now and again, that someone else and I are both starting our casts within a second or two of each other. AKA the casts are happening close enough together that they are both going to go off. And when my spell lands, it is going to pull aggro off of the low-level mage nuke or proximity or whatever.

And I'm still going to get people complaining, cause while I'm running off with the cyclops, they're going to be looking at their combat log until they see that they actually started the original cast .1 seconds before I did, and that their initial cast finished .1 seconds before mine did.

But see the problem here? Regarding their cast starting first... I get told I'm a whiner when I point out that it's stupid that I don't get credit for being the first to engage something until my spell FINISHES... I get told I'm a baddie because I want to pull with cascading darkness instead of disease cloud... but other people are going to bitch that my disease cloud landed after their whatever but I still got aggro. Zomg killstealer!

And regarding their cast LANDING first, it just isn't fucking realistic to expect me to sort that shit out while I'm playing the game.

So you guys are gonna say "just be an adult about it and share kills!"

I'm willing to do that, but no one else is. That's why everyone except me pulls shit with level 1 spells or a sow'ed pet, because they can't fucking let a single kill get away from them.

I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Someone is going to bitch no matter what I do.

Basically it's like I said before. 90% of the time I cast cascading on something and it actually goes off, I was going to get that seafury anyways, because if I were using clinging/disease cloud my spell would have landed 2 seconds before yours did anyways.

Autotune
02-03-2011, 06:15 AM
only difference is that your spell takes so long to cast, you normally have time to cancel yours before it lands.

if you are landing yours right after their cast, then fuck it.

if you see it land and yet you still sit there with a full second to duck it. then you are in the wrong.

if i get my 2.5 started and someone tries to beat me with using a lvl 1 nuke, they will lose every time. Either mine will land first, same, or a split second later. Either way I'm killing it.

also you can claim a single spawn of a seafury as camped, so if they say they are, you have to leave it alone, but if they get up, it's free game. Though, most intelligent people realize more plat to be made by fighting for them.

Often I see mages sit pets near spawn points, and I'll roll up and park my ass right ontop of the spawn (benefit of knowing the island) and aggro it first and let my pet tag it for me.

that's about how it goes, no real rules that I've seen for seafuries. It's really the best competition in the game atm.

Note: 4am and I think this states what I mean.

fischsemmel
02-03-2011, 06:36 AM
only difference is that your spell takes so long to cast, you normally have time to cancel yours before it lands.

if you are landing yours right after their cast, then fuck it.

if you see it land and yet you still sit there with a full second to duck it. then you are in the wrong.

How am I in the wrong? THE SAME THING HAPPENS whether I use cascading and someone interjects a level 1 nuke, and then cascading finishes and I get aggro anyways, or I use disease cloud and pull the thing before the other person even starts their cast.

Except, as I have said twice before, when I use cascading to pull, it sometimes happens that the NPC I'm targetted wanders out of range or gets pulled out of range before my spell finishes.

Me using cascading is what I want to do AND it lets everyone else in the game get more seafuries, but people are STILL bitching about it.

karsten
02-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Clinging Darkness:

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr107/Ledzepp_wow/ClingingDarkness.png

Tudana
02-03-2011, 07:52 AM

If it walks like a duck ,and quacks like a duck, /peition it as though it were a duck.

A GM will investigate.

on with the topip...Yes, these are training grounds for the end game...Tag = first to engage so use a dmg spell and get ownership, then start killing.

Plyers out there exping, tend to leave mobs alone that have dmg and move to the next spawn...the HG do spawn fast and it never stops...so you want run out of mobs.

xshayla701
02-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Quit being a giant vagina and pull with disease cloud.

and LOL at the black baby

Torven
02-03-2011, 12:54 PM
How am I in the wrong?

Because it's the first to aggro the mob who gets it, not the first to start casting on a mob with a spell that might not even finish. Half the time I don't even see the other person casting on the mob to know it's being pursued by another player, so how am I supposed to know you're casting a long ass spell on it? I also pull with my level 4 nuke when other players are not around, even if I don't want the exp. If melee classes didn't suck so much ass at farming in this game and were common on that island, I bet their archery pulling would really drive you nuts.

If anything, we should be the ones whining about necros who tap 3 seafuries at once and just keep them rooted or feared all day.

Extunarian
02-03-2011, 02:52 PM
wow, fischsemmel...between this post and the FBSS rarity post its pretty obvious that you come here posting 'questions' but really only want to have your opinions validated.

A mob isn't yours when you start "casting on it." You have to land the spell. Everyone is telling you this and you still seem to think you have an argument. You are either stupid or closed minded...I'm guessing 70/30.

Opaline
02-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Stop whining, learn from the experience (and what others have said) and move on.

Bruno
02-04-2011, 02:40 AM
wow, fischsemmel...between this post and the FBSS rarity post its pretty obvious that you come here posting 'questions' but really only want to have your opinions validated.

A mob isn't yours when you start "casting on it." You have to land the spell. Everyone is telling you this and you still seem to think you have an argument. You are either stupid or closed minded...I'm guessing 70/30.

What he said. Dude is a gigantic tool.

soup
02-04-2011, 02:46 AM
Engulfing darkness FTW, cascading darkness FTL

just throwing that out there

Bossco
02-06-2011, 02:18 PM
As others have stated, your view of how things should work and how they actually work are inconsistent. You've actually just been ks'ing people and then bitching about it. Good job.

SUSUGAM
02-07-2011, 09:10 AM
yeah. mr. necro, you are wrong. You are KS'ing people when you 'just fight it anyway' after they tag it during your cast.