PDA

View Full Version : Tagging/splitting mobs

Damn
02-24-2017, 03:53 PM
Is currently impossible with the current rates at which mobs walk back

Sneak pulling has been killed so give monks the abillity to split by making the mob reset rate classic

I really hate complaining on the forums but i really shouldnt have to have my guild employ the use of 2-3 monks training and peeling mobs just to break traks lair or split mobs in hate

Lazie
02-24-2017, 08:40 PM
Is currently impossible with the current rates at which mobs walk back

Sneak pulling has been killed so give monks the abillity to split by making the mob reset rate classic

I really hate complaining on the forums but i really shouldnt have to have my guild employ the use of 2-3 monks training and peeling mobs just to break traks lair or split mobs in hate

Sounds classic.

Zarcath
02-24-2017, 09:18 PM
old trick used to be to melee them so they lose some health and they'd stand around regenning hp before they started to walk back. It doesn't seem to work on P99.

Dreenk317
02-28-2017, 06:16 PM
I have no proof as of yet. But I do recall the memblur aspect of FD to be much more effective on live. I.e. you could pull six mobs, FD, let them start pathing, stand up, and not all six would remember you more often than not. Made it possible to single out a mob with nothing but repeated stand/FD until only one or two were still agroed.

Currently on p99, the mobs men wipe at an extremely low rate it seems.

Izmael
02-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Offtank / CC adds. Game being harder is good news, classic was hard.

Treats
03-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Get good.

Try timing your stand from feign when multiple NPC's return to their spawn point to single one out.

Sounds like Monk is somewhat classic now after six years.

Lobus
03-07-2017, 06:33 PM
i love the "get gud" responses... Coming from people who have a dozen level 60's who benefited from the previously broken mechanics and chardok plvl'ing

I don't mind the slog, i just find the artificial classism amusing

Treats
03-13-2017, 01:38 PM
i love the "get gud" responses... Coming from people who have a dozen level 60's who benefited from the previously broken mechanics and chardok plvl'ing

I don't mind the slog, i just find the artificial classism amusing

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68541

Created in 2012 dipshit.

I'll say it again, GET GOOD.

EQBallzz
03-13-2017, 02:01 PM
I don't really like the "git gud" responses either so I won't go there but I will say that monk solo splitting is still possible. I was able to solo split Trak's lair at 55. I most certainly haven't benefited from broken mechanics and i don't have uber gear or any level 60's.

It's certainly more of a PITA now..and I think some of the mechanics are actually broken (FD mem blur rate is too low and mobs that reset at re-spawn point sometimes don't mem blur like they should) but you don't need 2-3 monks for something like Trak's lair.

Like mentioned already you just have to use spawn point reset with LOS and pathing to get them split. They don't always cooperate with their return to spawn times and sometimes jumpy is a serious PITA but it's doable...just more time consuming. Having a good peeler will speed things up.

Hate on the other hand..that's another story. Probably do need a good chain of pullers/peelers there now unless you can handle huge pulls. Aggro in there seems pretty whacked and they don't seem to follow any LOS rules at all..just aggro through all walls all the time.

Buhbuh
03-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Wasn't there talk of sneak acting like a lull still, even after the change?

EQBallzz
03-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Wasn't there talk of sneak acting like a lull still, even after the change?

I haven't heard that and I don't believe that to be the case. Sneak does still work (sort-of) on mobs that have not been aggro'd by you yet but with the increased social aggro radius it has limited usefulness. Certain pulls that have mobs facing different directions and/or have obstacles blocking some LOS can still be split with sneak if you aren't on their hate list yet and the spacing is right.

The only thing that changed is sneak no longer 100% mem blurs targets from FD (which is what enabled such easy sneak pulling before). Now you have to rely on FD to mem blur (not working properly) or the mem blur that happens when they return to spawn point (doesn't always work now either).

SeanWaan
04-09-2017, 02:15 AM
Here is what I have been doing as of late... it may not be useful for all content however. Here it is:

Say there is a room with 3 mobs. You pull all 3 mobs till they are close to you. FD. Then let them start going back to their spawn point. If you can stand and aggro again before the 2nd one hits its spawn point and let them all come right up to you again and FD. The mobs that didnt get the chance to hit their reset spot will turn and walk away very quickly. Leaving you with 1 mob that will reset normally.

I have only really been testing this on LDC and fire giants in Solb. Because that is the content I have been doing as of late. However, I can pull LDC room that has 4ish spiders in it and sometimes single pull. Sometimes I get annoyed and just pull 2. However, if I wanted I can almost always pull one. Just takes some time.