PDA

View Full Version : not cool, nilbog!

DevGrousis
01-31-2011, 04:43 PM
That thread wasnt meant to be a rant or flame. As you can tell by the title and opening post it was just a question of when an estimated time for kunarks launch might be.

THIS is a rant/flame whatever

dont nazi shut down threads because you 'sick' of having to see something brought up again.

xp penalties are wack, and un necessary. even if its free, no one WANTS to eat a shit sandwhich. but when your starving..

to justify the them being here as "its part of classic EQ" is fine, but to say it is alive and well exactly where it should be, because most of the penalties dont make any sense at all. How a fully group dependent tank has a 40% penalty, but a unbelievably OP mage has a 10% penalty is not only beyond me, but beyond any logic. like stated prior. not a mistake in coding, just a mistake in the thought process that leads to the xp penalty existing in the first place.

i love you and this game dont take this the wrong way. without this kind of criticism life doesnt work.

Thanks,

Dev

john_savage1982
01-31-2011, 04:46 PM
in b4 delete

Hobby
01-31-2011, 04:47 PM
This is not easy mode EQ

Please see EZ Server.

rugerx
01-31-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm sensing cabbage in ya muff!

Shannacore
01-31-2011, 04:48 PM
lol ~

korrowan
01-31-2011, 04:50 PM
In b4 banhammer strikes.

Messianic
01-31-2011, 04:51 PM
You'd probably have less of a problem with the xp penalty if you spent more time playing or learning how to play more efficiently and less time typing.

soup
01-31-2011, 04:57 PM
Really though, the penalties are pretty dumb lol

Ranger has same penalty as a bard? What drugs were the original EQ developers on when they thought that sounded logical?

Messianic
01-31-2011, 05:02 PM
Really though, the penalties are pretty dumb lol

Ranger has same penalty as a bard? What drugs were the original EQ developers on when they thought that sounded logical?

This has been explained to death, but basically the original EQ code paid a kind of homage to the D & D concept of hybrids; when the EQ versions of hybrids were actually weaker than the pures they attempted to splice, the devs (after a long time) just recognized them as regular classes with strengths/weaknesses just like the pure classes they emulated, but not any stronger, so not needing any kind of exp penalty.

However, the exp penalty is a part of the classic experience and it doesn't need to be whined about anymore.

karsten
01-31-2011, 05:02 PM
dude, nilbog

not cool

Kassel
01-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Calling Nilbog a nazi???

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/2009/10/custom_1256950366573_banhammer15gq9.jpg

soup
01-31-2011, 05:22 PM
This has been explained to death, but basically the original EQ code paid a kind of homage to the D & D concept of hybrids; when the EQ versions of hybrids were actually weaker than the pures they attempted to splice, the devs (after a long time) just recognized them as regular classes with strengths/weaknesses just like the pure classes they emulated, but not any stronger, so not needing any kind of exp penalty.

However, the exp penalty is a part of the classic experience and it doesn't need to be whined about anymore.

Yeah, I've heard the story.

Just funny how you wind up with one of the most desired group classes that can solo well having the same penalty as one of the least desired group classes that can not solo as effectively.

Don't interpret this as bitching, please. I'm just killing time and discussing shit on a forum.

nilbog
01-31-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm glad you found the appropriate venue to complain. I am sick of seeing people complain in Server Chat, you are correct. Do it here.

The objective of the server is to create a historical representation of the classic experience to the best of our ability.

Experience penalties: The in-game experience bar for every original player abided by these same rules. So, let's look at dates. EQ was released in March of 1999. The penalties were removed in January of 2001, in Velious. The majority of the classic timeframe (1 yr and 10 months) happened exactly the way it should be happening now.

This particular topic has been discussed in length (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%2B%22exp%22+%2B%22penalties%22+site%3Awww.proj ect1999.org) on the forums. In my opinion, the experience system is an integral part of the game that shouldn't be ignored because people want to balance the entire game. I grow increasingly tired of playing mmorpgs until they are completely balanced. When that happens, everyone is the same, and it is boring. This is one small corner of the gaming universe where we are not forced to balance due to complaints of difficulty or envy.

If you want a level 60 hybrid character when Velious opens, put some time and effort into it. There will be more loot for you.

Messianic
01-31-2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I've heard the story.

Just funny how you wind up with one of the most desired group classes that can solo well having the same penalty as one of the least desired group classes that can not solo as effectively.

Don't interpret this as bitching, please. I'm just killing time and discussing shit on a forum.

Don't worry, I definitely didn't take it as complaining. I just explained it in case you were unaware...And its totally valid to point out the distinct differences between the classes, yet somehow they get the same penalty. It is dumb. But our hindsight is really clear, whereas the original creators were probably just trying to keep people leveling at the same pace and nurture the social aspect of the game. But they couldn't accurately predict which classes would be the most powerful, which I find hilarious.

soup
01-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Don't worry, I definitely didn't take it as complaining. I just explained it in case you were unaware...And its totally valid to point out the distinct differences between the classes, yet somehow they get the same penalty. It is dumb. But our hindsight is really clear, whereas the original creators were probably just trying to keep people leveling at the same pace and nurture the social aspect of the game. But they couldn't accurately predict which classes would be the most powerful, which I find hilarious.

The being unable to predict what classes would be most powerful is an interesting bit. It seems like it should be so obvious to them looking back with hindsight as well as having the knowledge of all kinds of other games, but I guess if you think about it they didn't really have crap to base anything on to be able to reallllly figure out how things would go.

Henini
01-31-2011, 06:02 PM
not a mistake in coding, just a mistake in the thought process that leads to the xp penalty existing in the first place.

And your thought process is just fine playing this game while you thing it's messed up.

go play wow or has it gotten to hard for you now that they made shit require more then pressing one key every 15 seconds while your eyes are closed to take down end game content?

please. this stuff is what makes EQ EQ, don't come here saying you love eq but bitch about how it's not designed well.

it's not like you just bought the game and are unhappy because of this and you want your mom the get a refund on the game and get pokemon island instead.

He wasn't happy about your rant, Heck I'm not happy about it and I'm not even part of the staff. your type piss me off, if I had my way you would be banned already.

this is classic eq, classic eq had this, it was awesome. pick a different class if you think the penalty is so harsh. or see pokemon island as already mentioned

in other words, STFU or GTFO!

boboo
01-31-2011, 07:39 PM
If you want a level 60 hybrid character when Velious opens, put some time and effort into it. There will be more loot for you.

Yeah put some time and effort into it, and dont EVER msg uthgaard on ANYTHING, act like youre afk if he messages you (you know, he could take "What do you mean?" the wrong way) and you might not get banned and lose that time and effort.

Gorgetrapper
01-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Yeah put some time and effort into it, and dont EVER msg uthgaard on ANYTHING, act like youre afk if he messages you (you know, he could take "What do you mean?" the wrong way) and you might not get banned and lose that time and effort.

Looks like someone was banned and is twisting the situation to make him look innocent.

boboo
01-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Then again, he might ban you for playing while afk, im not sure how deep into bans = boner he got since i left last autumn.

SlankyLanky
01-31-2011, 07:46 PM
shut up and deal witht he penalty like everyone else has. or play a halfling rogue.

Uthgaard
01-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Then again, he might ban you for playing while afk, im not sure how deep into bans = boner he got since i left today.

fixed

Harrison
01-31-2011, 08:51 PM

Guess what?

Pickpocketing isn't classic in its form.
Pets don't melee faster with low-delay weapons.
Dot stacking

Etc.

Classic argument has failed. Stop using it.

This is "quasi classic" and the sooner people accept it for that, the better. Cherry picking classic mechanics and ignoring others arbitrarily makes it so. You can't use the "but it's classic" statement, at all. It isn't universal.

I obviously still play here, and enjoy it a great deal, but let it fucking die with the "it's classic" bullshit.

Kassel
01-31-2011, 08:59 PM

This is "quasi classic" and the sooner people accept it for that, the better. Cherry picking classic mechanics and ignoring others arbitrarily makes it so. You can't use the "but it's classic" statement, at all. It isn't universal.

I obviously still play here, and enjoy it a great deal, but let it fucking die with the "it's classic" bullshit.

It is as classic as technically possible with titanium client, no one is cherry picking anything you dumbfuck.

Shut the shit up.

korrowan
01-31-2011, 09:07 PM
You are taking this far too seriously. Why so srs?

Guess what?

Dot stacking

Etc.

Abysis
01-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Just reroll mage/enchanter/necro and be quiet. Thats what everyone else does.

maegi
01-31-2011, 11:09 PM
It is as classic as technically possible with titanium client, no one is cherry picking anything you dumbfuck.

Shut the shit up.

u mad brew?

Harrison
01-31-2011, 11:15 PM

Shut the shit up.

No, there are other things that can be implemented but won't be. It has nothing to do with Titanium client limitations. You're not as smart as you think you are.

I am in no way slamming the project, or those working on it.

I am saying, "Stop using 'it's classic' in your sad excuse for an argument."

DevGrousis
02-01-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm glad you found the appropriate venue to complain. I am sick of seeing people complain in Server Chat, you are correct. Do it here.

The objective of the server is to create a historical representation of the classic experience to the best of our ability.

Experience penalties: The in-game experience bar for every original player abided by these same rules. So, let's look at dates. EQ was released in March of 1999. The penalties were removed in January of 2001, in Velious. The majority of the classic timeframe (1 yr and 10 months) happened exactly the way it should be happening now.

This particular topic has been discussed in length (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%2B%22exp%22+%2B%22penalties%22+site%3Awww.proj ect1999.org) on the forums. In my opinion, the experience system is an integral part of the game that shouldn't be ignored because people want to balance the entire game. I grow increasingly tired of playing mmorpgs until they are completely balanced. When that happens, everyone is the same, and it is boring. This is one small corner of the gaming universe where we are not forced to balance due to complaints of difficulty or envy.

fair enough. just my opinion.

thanks for the reply

Harrison
02-01-2011, 02:55 AM
Hahah, the tags are great.

bled12345
02-01-2011, 04:28 AM
the reason why knights have such high EXP penalties, is because they are hybrid, and they have the best of both worlds!!!

an SK at level 50 can serve as a tank, AND gets to cast level 29 necro spells!!! zomg win.

seriously though, pure melee is pure melee, and pure caster is pure caster... hybrids get to do a bit of both, and that is why they were penalized.

Abysis
02-01-2011, 08:36 AM
classes with exp penalty's are for people that want the game to be hard...like people who play rangers. ( lol track bots )

but hybrids are neat.

All you really need is mages, clerics and maybe a few monks and a enchie.

bards are cool too for mana song the clerics and mages.

but enough of my criticisms

Messianic
02-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Guess what?

Dot stacking

Etc.

I think you entirely misunderstand the "its classic" line of thinking i'm describing. Let me interpret for you, since you seem to be taking what I say hyper-literally.

"It's classic" or "Its a part of the classic experience" means "as classic as possible within any inherent limitations, including but not limited to developer staff manhours, priority shifts, implementation problems, lack of knowledge, or other reasons."

Basically, I'm saying that wherever something is "inconsistent," there's a reasonable or pragmatic reason it's not that way - even if that reason is purely because the devs don't want to bother fixing the inconsistency or simply don't care enough to fix it (and for very minor or unimportant issues - I sympathize).

But the "it's classic" line of thinking isn't completely invalid just because in some cases things do not work exactly classicly - and could be implemented, but aren't. The Classic experience *still is* the guideline for nearly everything on the server, and although I don't have specific links or explanations for the ones you've provided - every "inconsistency" i've read has been thoroughly explained by Nilbog at least once. Because every single time an inconsistency arises, it is explained rationally and sufficiently, I generally assume there is a specific reason it has been left "unclassic." Even if that reason isn't a specific implementation or knowledge problem. Just because I don't know the specific explanation does not then relegate the "the reason things are X is because of an attempt to mirror the classic experience" line of thinking to being invalid.

Would it make you feel more fuzzy and warm if I changed my words to say "It follows the general parameters of the classic experience, within a limited set of parameters" every time I want to say "it's classic" or "part of the classic experience?" Is that exact enough for you? Because the reason the exp penalty still exists really is because it mirrors the classic experience. That's a fact. Nilbog could remove it, but he specifically said he left it there because it was "part of the classic experience."

Now that i've spent all of that time to explain it - can you see why people consider what you're doing nitpicking?

Massive Marc
02-01-2011, 12:02 PM
I think you entirely misunderstand the "its classic" line of thinking i'm describing. Let me interpret for you, since you seem to be taking what I say hyper-literally.

"It's classic" or "Its a part of the classic experience" means "as classic as possible within any inherent limitations, including but not limited to developer staff manhours, priority shifts, implementation problems, lack of knowledge, or other reasons."

Basically, I'm saying that wherever something is "inconsistent," there's a reasonable or pragmatic reason it's not that way - even if that reason is purely because the devs don't want to bother fixing the inconsistency or simply don't care enough to fix it (and for very minor or unimportant issues - I sympathize).

But the "it's classic" line of thinking isn't completely invalid just because in some cases things do not work exactly classicly - and could be implemented, but aren't. The Classic experience *still is* the guideline for nearly everything on the server, and although I don't have specific links or explanations for the ones you've provided - every "inconsistency" i've read has been thoroughly explained by Nilbog at least once. Because every single time an inconsistency arises, it is explained rationally and sufficiently, I generally assume there is a specific reason it has been left "unclassic." Even if that reason isn't a specific implementation or knowledge problem. Just because I don't know the specific explanation does not then relegate the "the reason things are X is because of an attempt to mirror the classic experience" line of thinking to being invalid.

Would it make you feel more fuzzy and warm if I changed my words to say "It follows the general parameters of the classic experience, within a limited set of parameters" every time I want to say "it's classic" or "part of the classic experience?" Is that exact enough for you? Because the reason the exp penalty still exists really is because it mirrors the classic experience. That's a fact. Nilbog could remove it, but he specifically said he left it there because it was "part of the classic experience."

Now that i've spent all of that time to explain it - can you see why people consider what you're doing nitpicking?

Way to get owned, then try and spin what you said earlier. good job. someone has spent sometime on a forum before....Harrison, annoying as he may be, is correct... Using the "It isn't classic" argument is getting fucking old when so many elements in p99 aren't classic.

"No, I mean It's semi, kinda,sorta, almost, near, not exactly,as humanly possible, part of the classic experience"... give me a break.

john_savage1982
02-01-2011, 12:10 PM
neckbeard reporting in, can I join your ultra-logical-trying-to-contradict-one-another-show-off-small-penis-size argument guys?

http://cvillain.com/wp-content/uploads/neckbeard.jpg

Messianic
02-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Way to get owned, then try and spin what you said earlier. good job. someone has spent sometime on a forum before....Harrison, annoying as he may be, is correct... Using the "It isn't classic" argument is getting fucking old when so many elements in p99 aren't classic.

"No, I mean It's semi, kinda,sorta, almost, near, not exactly,as humanly possible, part of the classic experience"... give me a break.

Not my fault you're too lazy to read. It takes time to untangle the garbage that malcontents like you throw around on this forum. I wonder why you're even here, given how much hatred (or you just like to seem that way on an online forum) you seem to have for the staff.

In some respects, the line is drawn arbitrarily by the devs. If you don't like it, go cry. Devs have made it clear over and over they don't give a crap about anybody who plays.

Ironically, arbitrary is an arbitrary word. Your use of logic is fairly arbitrary. Roll up the "hardcore literalist" dial for "OMG ITS NOT CLASSIC," roll it back when someone rationally explains that intent is different from reality, but intent still has value.

If you wanted to actually "own" me, you'd try to prove that the devs don't really "intend" to produce the classic experience. But I doubt you really tried to comprehend anything I said. It probably feels too good to attack people over the internet.

Messianic
02-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Not my fault you're too lazy to read. It takes time to untangle the garbage that malcontents like you throw around on this forum. I wonder why you're even here, given how much hatred (or you just like to seem that way on an online forum) you seem to have for the staff.

Ironically, arbitrary is an arbitrary word. Your use of logic is fairly arbitrary. Roll up the "hardcore literalist" dial for "OMG ITS NOT CLASSIC," roll it back when someone rationally explains that intent is different from reality, but intent still has value.

If you wanted to actually "own" me, you'd try to prove that the devs don't really "intend" to produce the classic experience. But I doubt you really tried to comprehend anything I said. It probably feels too good to attack people over the internet.

My bad on the quote - that's actually someone else. I blended your two names when I went to reply and quoted someone else who I saw get shut down for the same reason (complaining about the "not classic" thing).

Knuckle
02-01-2011, 12:30 PM

Oh man GMs can troll here thats fucking awesome WTB staff app. <3

Massive Marc
02-01-2011, 12:36 PM

Did you really just claim I'm to lazy to read, then you go and make up something up that I didn't say or insinuate? ... "it seems like I have a lot of hatred for the staff and the server ? " Luluzlzuluzluzlzulzulzulzuz fail troll is fail.

Messianic
02-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Did you really just claim I'm to lazy to read, then you go and make up something up that I didn't say or insinuate? ... "it seems like I have a lot of hatred for the staff and the server ? " Luluzlzuluzluzlzulzulzulzuz fail troll is fail.

Look one post down from that one. I think you missed the post where I actually said "my bad" and explained that I made a mistake. Hopefully you're brushing up on your reading apart from your ventures into NSFW/R&F.

That's something trolls do often - you know, admit mistakes.

But you couldn't tell the difference in reason between proving intent and reality, so I guess I shouldn't expect so much from you.

Massive Marc
02-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Look one post down from that one. I think you missed the post where I actually said "my bad" and explained that I made a mistake. Hopefully you're brushing up on your reading apart from your ventures into NSFW/R&F.

That's something trolls do often - you know, admit mistakes.

But you couldn't tell the difference in reason between proving intent and reality, so I guess I shouldn't expect so much from you.

Admitting your mistake doesn't make you less of a idiot. K thx.

Messianic
02-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Admitting your mistake doesn't make you less of a idiot. K thx.

Oh noez! Massive Marc used the "K thx" forum language that means he wins! You saw it here folks - Massive Marc is superior to me in this internet forum. Clearly his knowledge of "forum deathmatch" has surpassed mine - indeed he is a worthy adversary. I'm just lucky he didn't go as far as "K thx bye" or even the dreaded "Kthxbye"!

Aanelan
02-01-2011, 02:08 PM
lol @ the Dickfest tag

john_savage1982
02-01-2011, 02:37 PM
http://fc19.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/350/7/6/Logic_and_Imagination__white_by_19eight_seven.png

go kill some frogloks bitches

nilbog
02-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Guess what?

Dot stacking

Etc.

Well, 2 of those issues on your list are known (pets and dots), and will be/are being worked on. I'm not sure what you are referring to about pickpocket. We don't have a huge team of eq developers that can fix any problem on a whim. We slowly add features as fixes are presented or written from scratch. If you want to see them corrected faster, make a detailed bug report about it, so we do not have to put in a week of research on top of fixing it.

Whether you want to believe it or not, the 'it's classic' reasoning still works for me. See, if it was an option to completely and totally revert this to classic, we'd flip the switch, and everything you might mention wouldn't be arbritrary. You wouldn't have item links or different UI possibilites. We do the best with what is available.

Few things I wanted to add to your list, that I want fixed and hopefully we can:

-stamina bar working
-lulls classicized
-sneak pulling
-alcohol effects working properly
-npcs charming PC pets
-PCs charming PCs

Things we might never see due to client:

-qeynos citizen 'gypsy' models
-brown skeletons
-message board functionality
-no medding without spellbook until lvl 35
-sea king and siren's bane non-hollow boat models

Use those examples for the next 'its not classic' list, because I'd like to see them changed as well. If we would change it, but can't or haven't yet, does that still support your argument? When there's nothing left to do source-wise, I'm sure you can still use the client issues. We have a list of our own that we work to correct.

Randy
02-01-2011, 02:56 PM
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/2/1/4/9/1/5/a2306779-142-beating-a-dead-horse.gif?d=1233038343

Tippett
02-01-2011, 10:06 PM

U mad brew?

Harrison
02-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Well, 2 of those issues on your list are known (pets and dots), and will be/are being worked on. I'm not sure what you are referring to about pickpocket. We don't have a huge team of eq developers that can fix any problem on a whim. We slowly add features as fixes are presented or written from scratch. If you want to see them corrected faster, make a detailed bug report about it, so we do not have to put in a week of research on top of fixing it.

Whether you want to believe it or not, the 'it's classic' reasoning still works for me. See, if it was an option to completely and totally revert this to classic, we'd flip the switch, and everything you might mention wouldn't be arbritrary. You wouldn't have item links or different UI possibilites. We do the best with what is available.

Few things I wanted to add to your list, that I want fixed and hopefully we can:

-stamina bar working
-lulls classicized
-sneak pulling
-alcohol effects working properly
-npcs charming PC pets
-PCs charming PCs

Things we might never see due to client:

-qeynos citizen 'gypsy' models
-brown skeletons
-message board functionality
-no medding without spellbook until lvl 35
-sea king and siren's bane non-hollow boat models

Use those examples for the next 'its not classic' list, because I'd like to see them changed as well. If we would change it, but can't or haven't yet, does that still support your argument? When there's nothing left to do source-wise, I'm sure you can still use the client issues. We have a list of our own that we work to correct.

Pickpocket issue I am speaking of is being able to pick pocket droppables from mobs. You can't pickpocket things you were able to in classic.

I don't personally care about it, but I'm just using it in the argument about classic.

Like I said, and I'm sure you know, I am 99% happy with this server and the work you guys have done. I'm just confronting the "it's classic" and "it's not classic" argument from players answering in your guys' stead.

Messianic
02-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Pickpocket issue I am speaking of is being able to pick pocket droppables from mobs. You can't pickpocket things you were able to in classic.

I don't personally care about it, but I'm just using it in the argument about classic.

Like I said, and I'm sure you know, I am 99% happy with this server and the work you guys have done. I'm just confronting the "it's classic" and "it's not classic" argument from players answering in your guys' stead.

I can sum it up this way - the overriding intention on the part of the devs/etc to make things classic is a valid explanation, which is what I think most people mean when they make the argument. Call it a backpedal - spin - whatever - but that's what it is.

They do not necessarily mean that the server is 100% classic, therefore anything not in it is not classic, and everything in it is classic, period (as if p1999 was the gold standard for classic, and not vice versa). I don't think anyone means that unless they're being ridiculous. Of course, there is a lot of ridiculousness in the world.

However, i'll submit to "it's not classic" and "it's classic" are not entirely valid explanations or arguments, as there are often other more important reasons things are or are not "classic," as Nilbog mentioned.

Hopefully i've finally clarified myself.

darkblade717
02-05-2011, 04:24 AM
That thread wasnt meant to be a rant or flame. As you can tell by the title and opening post it was just a question of when an estimated time for kunarks launch might be.

dont nazi shut down threads because you 'sick' of having to see something brought up again.

xp penalties are wack, and un necessary. even if its free, no one WANTS to eat a shit sandwhich. but when your starving..

to justify the them being here as "its part of classic EQ" is fine, but to say it is alive and well exactly where it should be, because most of the penalties dont make any sense at all. How a fully group dependent tank has a 40% penalty, but a unbelievably OP mage has a 10% penalty is not only beyond me, but beyond any logic. like stated prior. not a mistake in coding, just a mistake in the thought process that leads to the xp penalty existing in the first place.

i love you and this game dont take this the wrong way. without this kind of criticism life doesnt work.

Thanks,

Dev

Group-dependent tank? If you're talking about an SK/Pally YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Lostprophets
02-05-2011, 06:28 PM
This is not easy mode EQ

Please see EZ Server.

EZ Server isn't EZ after a certain point. so don't hate if you haven't tried it.

I'd like to see Hobby Rolling up in T3 and T4 on EZ trying to get his Epic 4.0's and such. :D

Hobby
02-05-2011, 09:14 PM
"xp penalties are wack, and un necessary. even if its free, no one WANTS to eat a shit sandwhich. but when your starving.."

EZ server is, indeed, easy when considering what this post was initally about.

I am sure it takes some skill, luck, and dedication to get all those high-end items...but EZ is a pure abomination of why i bothered coming back to everquest in the first place. I box'd my way up to 70, got 2.0's and said fuck it months and months ago.

odiecat99
03-01-2013, 10:38 AM
less QQ

Calabee
03-01-2013, 10:55 AM
why are u bumping 2 year old shit... retard

Nirgon
03-01-2013, 12:41 PM

Now you're speaking their language.

They don't care about a classic experience. They want an easier experience where they can claim to be good at classic EQ / play barbie dolls with items.

roks1
03-01-2013, 01:20 PM

Thanks,

Dev

are you serious? is this guy serious?

Ah, boohoo i am a tank that can guarantee aggro and either feign death or resurrect, heal or lay on hands. Here comes the violin chorus OP.

http://www.abload.de/img/0ubgw6ejua.gif

Nirgon
03-01-2013, 01:30 PM
I'd like to think you'd be playing quite some time after you are 60... so why all the complaining about being 58.5 when your buddy is max lvl? You get incredible utility, snap aggro and HT/lay hands are things you just can't replace when the moment comes up.

I was grouped on blue with an enchanter who had a pacify resisted pulling the area before Crypt Emp, he had 4-5 mobs aggro him and I lay hands'd him while unconscious. Not only did this save his life, it transferred all mob aggro to me so he could safely mez away. If I was a warrior? He'd be DEAD. Not to mention, if my bashes missed, I had a castable stun on the (tashed, had to remind the enchanter to do this lol) crypt guardians. I'll take a penalty to have all that utility. Not to mention? A 90% res as a 60 paladin? Spammable deep water helm on group shaman cannabalizing?

If the force (read: eq mechanics) is strong with you, any added ability at all can be completely game changing.

roks1
03-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Maybe he is just not a very good Everquester, Nirgon. Have some pity.

Nirgon
03-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Talk to a 60 hybrid or send me a tell if you're having trouble

Kekephee
03-01-2013, 05:14 PM

You heard it folks Nilbog just promised to give me free loot if I level a paladin up to 60 REROLLING PALADIN

Tenlaar
03-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Just promised you loots...over two years ago.

Kekephee
03-01-2013, 05:17 PM
JUST NOW