PDA

View Full Version : The Burden of Intellect

Ektar
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Those of us cursed with the ability of logical thought are bound by the laws of reason and rationality. The others blessed with ignorance and a clouded mind can pass through these obstacles without difficulty. The end is all they can see; they'll go straight to it by whatever means, not having to yielding to any sort of sense or order.

We unfortunates must travel the maze of argument to reach our points. Others are able to walk ahead using fallacy upon fallacy while we attempt to clean up their messes. But it is impossible to keep up. While we are picking up after them, they are already on something else that we'll have to clean up after they're done depositing. After each clean up we try to get back on track toward our goal, but the next pile to clean takes us (without the ability to transverse the bounds of logic) too far out of the way.

An illustration to analogize this fact is a child with a toy sword. Let's say you're doing a play fight with your little cousin. He slashes the air and begins celebrating, saying "yeah I got you!" You, baffled, stand there and try to explain why he's wrong, but it's like talking to a brick wall. He just continues on with his celebration of his victory.

Daydrem
02-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Amen.

rachel
02-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Very few people are what you call less intelligent.

You are just trying to make yourself feel smart while you are in college! You sat here bored for two hours probably to write this. When you could of been out helping little old ladies cross the street! :P I'm sure they couldn't care less about your intellect. They would make their conclusion of your humanly worth based on your morals and actions.

Just givin ya shit. You still should get down off your Clydesdale !
Anyone who thinks they are smarter than others is an Asshole.

Yellow
02-04-2010, 07:45 PM
skippity bobidoop

Dabamf
02-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Anyone who thinks they are smarter than others is an Asshole.

I'm smarter than you

Zithax
02-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Very few people are what you call less intelligent.

You are just trying to make yourself feel smart while you are in college

YEAH FUCK YOU FOR HAVING AN EDUCATION. Shit. It's all I can do to hold myself back, phew gotta turn on fox news and soothe the rage.

cepheusei
02-04-2010, 10:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

I'm sure this doesn't apply to you. You're really better than everyone else unlike everyone else.

karsten
02-05-2010, 12:55 AM
oh man, i'm ektar, how horrible it is to be smarter than everyone, OH THE WOE

Ektar
02-05-2010, 01:46 AM
Hey dudes, I said "we." Just cuz you didn't include yourself in with me is not my fault!

And actually I just graduated college and have nothing to do with my life for the moment =p. My career is starting slowly with freelance fill in work a few times a month. And that took me like 5-10 min I guess.. took so long because I worked hard on the dog poop analogy.

p.s. I am smarter than most people =p

karsten
02-05-2010, 01:53 AM
cept me tho

Zexa
02-05-2010, 02:03 AM
Zexa > Karsten > Ektar

quido
02-05-2010, 02:40 AM
Are you calling my little cousin ignorant? Bite me!

Simon Belmont
02-05-2010, 03:49 AM
I cant port you to Nro.

Hasbinbad
02-05-2010, 04:20 AM
Those of us cursed with the ability of logical thought are bound by the laws of reason and rationality. The others blessed with ignorance and a clouded mind can pass through these obstacles without difficulty.
Ektar, don't poke the Philistines.

guineapig
02-05-2010, 08:56 AM
This thread is filled with so much sad and so much funny all at the same time.

Segoris
02-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Don't worry Ektar, you'll win a sword fight with your cousin one day!

Supreme
02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Those of us cursed with the ability of logical thought are bound by the laws of reason and rationality. The others blessed with ignorance and a clouded mind can pass through these obstacles without difficulty. The end is all they can see; they'll go straight to it by whatever means, not having to yielding to any sort of sense or order.

We unfortunates must travel the maze of argument to reach our points. Others are able to walk ahead using fallacy upon fallacy while we attempt to clean up their messes. But it is impossible to keep up. While we are picking up after them, they are already on something else that we'll have to clean up after they're done depositing. After each clean up we try to get back on track toward our goal, but the next pile to clean takes us (without the ability to transverse the bounds of logic) too far out of the way.

An illustration to analogize this fact is a child with a toy sword. Let's say you're doing a play fight with your little cousin. He slashes the air and begins celebrating, saying "yeah I got you!" You, baffled, stand there and try to explain why he's wrong, but it's like talking to a brick wall. He just continues on with his celebration of his victory.

Intellect falls short to big balls and a large penis.

Its all about perpetuation of the species. The rest is just smoking mirrors and rhetoric.

Simon Belmont
02-05-2010, 02:14 PM

Its all about perpetuation of the species. The rest is just smoking mirrors and rhetoric.

This was a nice analogy of the world evolution. War is always constant whether it is fought with weapons or words. Small populations grow and war machines perpetuate. Like people unite and fans the fire of hatred against another for having something you are without. If the inevitabity of Imperialism comes to fruition and in the end all are punished, when will England and the United States be punished for theirs?

karsten
02-05-2010, 02:16 PM
pretty sure the answer is pants on the ground

Ektar
02-05-2010, 02:35 PM

lol=D well I'mma think of a brilliant plan to chop off all penises larger than my own!

And 5 points to the first person to use this LARGE opening for a joke. Good luck!

Hasbinbad
02-05-2010, 02:45 PM

OH MAI GAWD!!!

Haven't you ever seen Penoy's Fami.. ..er.. ..I mean Idiocracy?

Segoris
02-05-2010, 04:31 PM
lol=D well I'mma think of a brilliant plan to chop off all penises larger than my own!

Any woman who told you "not even if you were the last man on Earth" is about to be tested wether they were lying or not.

Ektar
02-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Any woman who told you "not even if you were the last man on Earth" is about to be tested wether they were lying or not.

BETTER THAN I EVER IMAGINED

ten points!

Supreme
02-06-2010, 04:05 AM

lol.

SwordNboard
02-09-2010, 02:30 AM

Thread winner.

No, seriously, I know what you mean. And with everything you said in your OP I have came to my own conclusion that we are actually the unintelligent ones for thinking too far into things and "falling behind".

It's called megalomania. Get over yourself and your self-assumed, higher logic. Move on.

baub
05-07-2013, 05:53 AM
oh man, i'm ektar, how horrible it is to be smarter than everyone, OH THE WOE

you can't spell karsten without ektar

smokemon
05-07-2013, 06:11 AM
hahahah ^^

Cecily
05-07-2013, 07:30 AM

tl;dr

vulzol
05-07-2013, 10:38 AM
http://i.qkme.me/3sm7bs.jpg

Lojik
05-07-2013, 11:06 AM
The way I see it there are lots of really stupid and really smart people, but stupidity stands out more than intelligence.

Hasbinbad
05-07-2013, 12:23 PM
I hope Ektar is still collecting his chest hair to weave me a sweater.

Hasbinbad
05-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Someone post that picture of ektar dressed up in the kitchen. omg yum.