PDA

View Full Version : Suspension consequences

Bubbles
01-19-2017, 02:22 AM
If the goal of the suspension is to have the teeth to discourage future cheating....

In true RnF style....

Wouldn't the most entertaining solution be to simply have a RnF poll of the suspended guild's Active Player Roster.

And the two highest vote getters of the poll are moved to Red Server. For a month? Forever? Depends on their kill %. Do they even keep track of that? Aww, who cares. We'll figure out a way to get 'em back to blue (or not) down the road.

Think about it. Two active raiders on your roster the p99 community gets to vote off our island if you get 'caught'.

An ounce of prevention is a pound of cure. This is a pound of prevention and it would clear the petition queues in a hurry. The importance of raiding clean would be tantamount. The vigilance of the other guilds with their FRAPSes would reach level highs. Harboring cheaters is no longer a valid option. Leadership would be the first voted off, they would HAVE to lead *or* die.

And I'm not talking like Detoxx and Breaken types.. Smart p99ers are going to isolate the best monk pullers.... The Clerics... oh god the clerics.... The COTH mages... One bad week of ALT-TABBING or flubbing a FTE and bammo.... like 6-8 clerics or monks plunked right out of a raid guild...

Possibilities are endless.

Or Cheating stops immediately. :)

Swish
01-19-2017, 02:45 AM
We dont want toxic legalese scum.

Thank you.

Tankdan
01-19-2017, 03:00 AM
My IQ actually dropped

entruil
01-19-2017, 10:23 AM
would be glorious if banned people on blue were transferred to red and bound in an active spot. With item loot enabled, having to do something in the ocean of tears to unban themselves.

Sadiki
01-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Raid suspensions should be 30 days and to reduce it you have to kill other guild's FTEs and give away the loot. You take one day off your ban for every NToV dragon that you feed to a small guild. It'll be like charity.

bigjerry
01-19-2017, 01:56 PM
If the goal of the suspension is to have the teeth to discourage future cheating....

In true RnF style....

Wouldn't the most entertaining solution be to simply have a RnF poll of the suspended guild's Active Player Roster.

And the two highest vote getters of the poll are moved to Red Server. For a month? Forever? Depends on their kill %. Do they even keep track of that? Aww, who cares. We'll figure out a way to get 'em back to blue (or not) down the road.

Think about it. Two active raiders on your roster the p99 community gets to vote off our island if you get 'caught'.

An ounce of prevention is a pound of cure. This is a pound of prevention and it would clear the petition queues in a hurry. The importance of raiding clean would be tantamount. The vigilance of the other guilds with their FRAPSes would reach level highs. Harboring cheaters is no longer a valid option. Leadership would be the first voted off, they would HAVE to lead *or* die.

And I'm not talking like Detoxx and Breaken types.. Smart p99ers are going to isolate the best monk pullers.... The Clerics... oh god the clerics.... The COTH mages... One bad week of ALT-TABBING or flubbing a FTE and bammo.... like 6-8 clerics or monks plunked right out of a raid guild...

Possibilities are endless.

Or Cheating stops immediately. :)

nice. good war and peace about pixels. didnt read it but it has all the marks of a good quality post. I would advise others to read it

Phantasm
01-19-2017, 02:18 PM
would be glorious if banned people on blue were transferred to red and bound in an active spot. With item loot enabled, having to do something in the ocean of tears to unban themselves.

I read this and thought, "Wouldn't it be hilarious if cheaters were doomed to spend all of their days unable to zone out of Ocean of Tears, without sow, without lev?"

kotton05
01-19-2017, 02:20 PM
Raid suspensions should be 30 days and to reduce it you have to kill other guild's FTEs and give away the loot. You take one day off your ban for every NToV dragon that you feed to a small guild. It'll be like charity.

More like a work release program. Half way raiding for all the convicted cheaters😂

Swish
01-21-2017, 12:02 PM
More like a work release program. Half way raiding for all the convicted cheaters😂

Access to Sky only? mhm!

entruil
01-22-2017, 12:40 AM
I read this and thought, "Wouldn't it be hilarious if cheaters were doomed to spend all of their days unable to zone out of Ocean of Tears, without sow, without lev?"

makes me wonder what the actual reason it's called ocean of tears is...

The vast expanses of ocean are punctuated with many small, isolated islands (hence the name, Ocean of Tears, as if the islands were tear drops). Each of these islands is a world unto itself [...]

Several islands have risen above the calm, royal blue waters over the passing era. They are inhabited by an array of creatures both foreign and native to the area.

When Zek's mortal armies were cast down from the Plane of Karana, cursed battalions of Goblin and Giant soldiers were stranded upon one of these isles. In bother appearance and mental ability, the Giants were cursed even more than their goblin counterparts. Bearing but one enormous eye, the Seafury tribe of cyclops patrol the isle, viciously attacking any adventurer that comes within sight.

Not long after the Goblins and Giants arrived, so did the odd birdmen known as Aviaks. The origins of these peaceful creatures are a well-guarded secret. The species found in Ocean of Tears is very vibrant in their plumage, unlike the dull black, ravenesque appearance of their cousins upon Antonica. These creatures live peacefully upon their island, surviving on what resources the land and ocean provide them.

More recent inhabitants of the ocean's isles are The Sisters of Erollisi - a small band of female Elves and Half Elves who voluntarily left their homeland of Kelethin to establish their own temple and culture without disturbing the ancient order of the Fier'Dal. The Sisters of Erollisi are very kind and generous towards adventurers who are not of dark orientation. Supplies and goods can be bought and sold to the merchants that operate just beyond the docks of their isle.

Did the tears have something to do with the giants who were cursed when they were cast out? or was it erollisi sisters tears from leaving their homeland?

maybe it's inhabitants are selected from amongst the most sullen (by its natural draw)?

who knows... one thing is for sure... I shouldn't post when drinking.. =) *clicks submit reply*

entruil
01-22-2017, 12:43 AM
meh... I forgot to ask OP if they enjoy monster lottos every once in a while...

entruil
01-23-2017, 12:54 AM
I would be lying if I said I read anything posted on either page

right in the trash this thread goes.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030801071341/http://www.1stfistoflight.com/~fol/public_html/codex/

Aesop
01-23-2017, 12:59 AM
should just merge blue characters to red, problem solved.

kotton05
01-23-2017, 09:58 AM
should just merge blue characters to red, problem solved.

God I'd give anything to get merkk over there. My raid monk on red is only kunark geared :(

Skew
01-23-2017, 11:34 AM
God I'd give anything to get merkk over there. My raid monk on red is only kunark geared :(

Youd be bored within a week mate. 20 people offpeak and 100 people peak is not the definiton of the M in MMORPG.

Lammy
01-23-2017, 03:27 PM
Earthquakes are the best thing to do while a guild is suspended.

JboxCSU
01-23-2017, 04:45 PM
4/10 troll OP. Snagged a few.

bigjerry
01-23-2017, 05:30 PM
ayyy ayo what up yall, still didnt read thread keep doin what ur doin

Swish
01-23-2017, 09:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/b9L7Ggd.gif