PDA

View Full Version : Why P99 is a giant dumpster fire

Spyder73
12-21-2016, 03:18 PM
As the last thread fizzled out because no one wanted to discuss it, I am bringing the discussion back with actual scenarios that should be addressed.

We are all aware that you can lock into a mob after a raid has wiped to that mob or the hour lock has expired. What about legitimate ways to obtain this new lock?

Sirken wrote, in reply to an old question:

Quote:
4) the guild has 60 min to engage the raid target. if they wipe, or exceed the 60 min limit on engaging, the raid target then becomes FFA and these footrace rules do not apply.

Scenario:
<Guild A> locks in on Target. <Guild A> pulls Target but wipes or an hour elapses.

1) Target is at his spawn point. Either the hour has expired or <Guild A> wiped and Target has successfully pathed back to his spawn.
Can <Guild B> Call of the Hero a member of their guild near Target's spawn point to tag Target for a new lock?
Can <Guild B> gate a member of their guild near Target's spawn point to tag Target for a new lock?
Can <Guild B> log in a member of their guild near Target's spawn point to tag Target for a new lock?

The referenced quote of Sirken says, these footrace rules do not apply. This would imply these are acceptable, provided you are not violating Tracker FTE. Gating or logging in on top of Target's spawn point in my mind would violate this.

2) Target is pathing back from wiping <Guild A>
Can <Guild C> Call of the Hero a member of their guild into Target's path back to his spawn to tag Target for a new lock?
Can <Guild C> gate a member of their guild into Target's path back to his spawn to tag Target for a new lock?
Can <Guild C> log in a member of their guild into Target's path back to his spawn to tag Target for a new lock?

Again, per the quote, I would guess that as long as Tracker FTE is not obtained, all of this would be an acceptable way to lock in.

I do not see any requirements to obtain subsequent FTEs, as long as your Tracker does not get it. If we could have a civil discussion on this topic, and maybe if Sirken has some thoughts, I believe it would benefit all of us to be on the same page.

Spyder73
12-21-2016, 03:20 PM
Breaken the Autistic wrote this, not me BTW

nyclin
12-21-2016, 03:23 PM
thanks for your low-effort attempt at commentary on a game that you no longer play

Cecily
12-21-2016, 03:37 PM
Yeah it's pretty bad. Glad you noticed!

Spyder73
12-21-2016, 03:39 PM
1) I offered absolutely 0 commentary
2) I still play

Its sh!t like this that Sirken should read over one time and say "Naaah" and start perma banning the no lifers who abuse the server and make it unenjoyable for 90% of the population. I would trace Breakens IP and ban every account he has ever logged in on for posting this if I were a GM.

Kushie
12-21-2016, 03:40 PM
Tekilya is a little bitch who makes Wu-tang look bad.

Lobus
12-21-2016, 03:42 PM
Asperger syndrome is a condition on the autism spectrum, with generally higher functioning.
People with this condition may be socially awkward and have an all-absorbing interest in specific topics.
Communication training and behavioral therapy can help people with the syndrome learn to socialize more successfully.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a0/72/dc/a072dca36ba935ef4a4294781b7b1c9e.jpg

entruil
12-21-2016, 03:44 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implicit_theories_of_intelligence#Entity_theory_vs ._incremental_theory

Spyder73
12-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Wu-tang is a popular rap group who became famous in the 1990's while Wu'Tang is an area of China often referred to as the Wudang mountain region. Big difference chief

maskedmelon
12-21-2016, 03:47 PM
I actually read that this morning and thought about making a post <3

The whole thing is super silly. Every one of his questions can be answered by looking at Sirken's past rulings. They are generally very black and white and face value interpretations of the rules ^^

We don't need more rules. Ban people who are shitheads and move on ^^

Legday
12-21-2016, 03:55 PM
Well since we're on the topic...

The guild wiping to Vulak maintaining agro on Vulak while the other guild runs underneath him, unable to get a new FTE because of the wiping guild maintaining agro, and then the wiping guild coordinates an agro drop that triggers a new 1 hour FTE lock on them (the guild that wiped)... is a blatant exploitation of the FTE mechanics.

Since that wiping guild can't come to that realization on their own, we have their guild leader going to the raid discussion forum pretending that the rules are too complicated, and that is why they blatantly exploited the mechanics by accident on purpose.

Lobus
12-21-2016, 03:58 PM
Well since we're on the topic...

The guild wiping to Vulak maintaining agro on Vulak while the other guild runs underneath him, unable to get a new FTE because of the wiping guild maintaining agro, and then the wiping guild coordinates an agro drop that triggers a new 1 hour FTE lock on them (the guild that wiped)... is a blatant exploitation of the FTE mechanics.

Since that wiping guild can't come to that realization on their own, we have their guild leader going to the raid discussion forum pretending that the rules are too complicated, and that is why they blatantly exploited the mechanics by accident on purpose.

Please look into this new promising research:

Oxytocin Infusion Reduces Repetitive Behaviors in Adults with
Autistic and Asperger’s Disorders

Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by dysfunction in three core behavioral domains: repetitive behaviors, social deficits, and language abnormalities. There is evidence that abnormalities exist in peptide systems, particularly the oxytocin system, in autism spectrum patients. Furthermore, oxytocin and the closely related peptide vasopressin are known to play a role in social and repetitive behaviors. This study examined the impact of oxytocin on repetitive behaviors in 15 adults with autism or Asperger’s disorder via randomized double-blind oxytocin and placebo challenges. The primary outcome measure was an instrument rating six repetitive behaviors: need to know, repeating, ordering, need to tell/ask, self-injury, and touching. Patients with autism spectrum disorders showed a significant reduction in repetitive behaviors following oxytocin infusion in comparison to placebo infusion. Repetitive behavior in autism spectrum disorders may be related to abnormalities in the oxytocin system, and may be partially ameliorated by synthetic oxytocin infusion.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Eric_Hollander/publication/10978075_Oxytocin_Infusion_Reduces_Repetitive_Beha viors_in_Adults_with_Autistic_and_Asperger's_Disor ders/links/0c96053550b56e0e0d000000.pdf

Breaken
12-21-2016, 03:59 PM
I guess you were not at the repop on Monday, Legday, or you would know that this is in reference to something Aftermath did, not Awakened. Since it was Detoxx who said this was not against the rules, are you saying it is? I was actually in agreement that it could in fact be in line with the rules.

Legday
12-21-2016, 04:01 PM
I see you.

Whirled
12-21-2016, 04:06 PM
yes we do

Lobus
12-21-2016, 04:37 PM
It's a slow day at work counting down to my flight home for the holidays, so I've taken it upon myself to educate everyone on the disabilities many playing p99 face so that we can be a little more understanding of their pixel-lust and lawyerquesting... It's not their fault they are broken

Interesting support group I found:
Video game addictions are one of the most common things that we see when working with others with Asperger’s. They become heavily into video games growing up, and spend most of their time playing video games, instead of socializing.

Watch the video below to learn what to do about this:
https://youtu.be/yC6WIHCCRiM

Detoxx
12-21-2016, 05:19 PM
I guess you were not at the repop on Monday, Legday, or you would know that this is in reference to something Aftermath did, not Awakened. Since it was Detoxx who said this was not against the rules, are you saying it is? I was actually in agreement that it could in fact be in line with the rules.

Wut?

Lobus
12-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Wut?

Many mental health professionals are very concerned about the long-term effects of playing video games. According to Dr. Moran, relying on screens for educational purposes and using them as a stepping stone to other desired activities may prove beneficial.

However, the problem is when the application of video games turns into hours of game play.

“As the obsession grows, kids withdraw into isolation preferring the video game world over real life, which has shown to lead to loneliness, depression and suicide,” Moran adds. “The growing cases of suicide in autistic adolescents is very concerning.”

It’s important to be aware of the pros and cons of video game exposure to children with autism. Be aware of warning signs such as isolation or addiction.

Breaken
12-21-2016, 05:43 PM
Wut?

Maybe instead of replying to an RnF thread about it, you could post your thoughts on mine... It is a legitimate question, as it doesn't appear against the rules, but as you and I have discussed in the past, I was always working under the assumption that you had to run from entrance.

Ella`Ella
12-21-2016, 06:25 PM
I was always working under the assumption that you had to run from entrance.

Did you begin operating under that assumption after Quean manipulated FD mechanic for FTE last week?

Detoxx
12-21-2016, 06:29 PM
Maybe instead of replying to an RnF thread about it, you could post your thoughts on mine... It is a legitimate question, as it doesn't appear against the rules, but as you and I have discussed in the past, I was always working under the assumption that you had to run from entrance.

I don't bother replying because you guys over there are just going to nit pick and choose what rules and when they apply to be most favorable to you. Don't pretend like you give a shit.

Detoxx
12-21-2016, 06:30 PM
Also, you don't run from the entrance, you fd with a monk on aggro list and stand when you're able to manipulate fte mechanics to your favor.

Ella`Ella
12-21-2016, 06:39 PM
Also, you don't run from the entrance, you fd with a monk on aggro list and stand when you're able to manipulate fte mechanics to your favor.

Sick burn, Detoxx. You really got him good.

Detoxx
12-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Sick burn, Detoxx. You really got him good.

Thanks dawg, autographs in the back

Lobus
12-21-2016, 06:49 PM

Please watch the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9eATBV-_lg

It may help you understand why you're having so much trouble communicating and interacting with hundreds of people here

Hailto
12-21-2016, 08:21 PM
Every time I think about coming back to P99 i just come here and read a couple threads, and then I'm like naw im good and go back to doing other things.

Kushie
12-21-2016, 08:27 PM
The worst part of p99 raiding, this litigating bevel and embosser:

https://i.imgur.com/aL8w7Lw.jpg

zati
12-21-2016, 08:34 PM
Dang it sounds so complicated. Why not make it simple?

lvl 20 FTE AC in Sro. Ends up dying
lvl 50 nearby 1 shots it.

or

Guild A FTE soandso, puts their attempt/1hr. Wipes
Guild B is nearby , tags and kills it

And if Guild C is nearby too? Well id say whoever gets the killsteal wins. No fte no yellow text.

Detoxx
12-21-2016, 09:45 PM
Since you guys can't get a Vulak FTE the best route to obtain one would be to QQ about it in RnF. I like this approach.

Considering your cheating with alt tab jumping to lower framerates, i wouldn't brag too much. Ever wider why you never get KT? Can't jump and cheat in Kael with levitate...

Lobus
12-21-2016, 10:31 PM
Please stop the aspie on aspie violence!

Always remember your disabilities shouldn't stop you from leading fulfilling lives. There are always resources available to you to break you of your autistic tendencies like obsession, repetitive actions and malformed social interactions.

Aspergers awareness day is only a few months away. April 2nd! Mark it in your poopsocking calendars!

Lulz|Sect
12-21-2016, 10:45 PM
Every time I think about coming back to P99 i just come here and read a couple threads, and then I'm like naw im good and go back to doing other things.

alt tab fapping

got it

YikeS

Legday
12-22-2016, 09:57 AM

Your question and example have an obvious answer and explanation. We intentionally got the Zlexak FTE as Rustle was wiping at zone in. Zlex was then pathing back to his spawn point while we logged in our mage to start the pull. FTE was already locked. Summgenie got wrecked in setting up the pull, not the FTE run up.

But keep pretending you don't get the rules to make it look like you shouldn't eat a 10 day for manipulating the rules in your favor (every week) last week.

Lobus
12-22-2016, 10:11 AM
Your question and example have an obvious answer and explanation. We intentionally got the Zlexak FTE as Rustle was wiping at zone in. Zlex was then pathing back to his spawn point while we logged in our mage to start the pull. FTE was already locked. Summgenie got wrecked in setting up the pull, not the FTE run up.

But keep pretending you don't get the rules to make it look like you shouldn't eat a 10 day for manipulating the rules in your favor (every week) last week.

The aspergers is strong with this one. www.autismspeaks.com

Breaken
12-22-2016, 10:16 AM

Keep telling your members this. It is easy to just assume something happens and run with it. Quean was not FD in the corner at entrance. Maybe if you spent more time trying to play EverQuest and less time trying to lawyer into mobs, you would drop this accusation. Instead, you QQ that you lose and then tell your guild, Waahhhhh Awakened cheats.

Lammy
12-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Who ended up with the Vulak kill?

Lobus
12-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Maybe if you spent more time trying to play EverQuest

There are places you can go to get help with your video game addiction as a result of autism. You don't have to be alone in fighting this. We are with you. www.autismspeaks.com

Daldaen
12-22-2016, 10:32 AM
Set respawn to 2 hours on all raid mobs and this becomes a non-issue. Would fix the P99 raid scene overnight. Could throw out damn near every other raid rule along with this change. Not classic but once we reach end of timeline it won't be classic anyways so I'll allow it.

zanderklocke
12-22-2016, 10:41 AM
Set respawn to 2 hours on all raid mobs and this becomes a non-issue. Would fix the P99 raid scene overnight. Could throw out damn near every other raid rule along with this change. Not classic but once we reach end of timeline it won't be classic anyways so I'll allow it.

But then the game might actually play as the original designers intended. The goal would be to see if you could conquer the programmed content.

Unacceptable.

waltjig
12-22-2016, 10:43 AM
Hey Lobus,

I hope you realize that you are exemplifying all characteristics of the disorders you are trying to roast these nerds on. Best part is, they are ignoring you but you are still raging strong. Pot calling the kettle black and blah blah

Legday
12-22-2016, 10:46 AM
Keep telling your members this. It is easy to just assume something happens and run with it. Quean was not FD in the corner at entrance. Maybe if you spent more time trying to play EverQuest and less time trying to lawyer into mobs, you would drop this accusation. Instead, you QQ that you lose and then tell your guild, Waahhhhh Awakened cheats.

I don't care where or what Quean was doing to be honest with you. What Quean did or how he did it doesn't really matter here. You exploited the FTE mechanics all the same, while throwing up your hands like the rules are too complicated and acting like Snackies' player agreement was something you had never seen.

That's the difference between us really... when we realize we've broken a rule we drop the mob and concede it because we respect the rules and know a 10 day isn't worth it. We got suspended for using our tracker, who had zoned out and back in, to pull an already locked in Dozekar, ffs. Nobody with a brain thought that would go through but it did, and it left an impression on us. It's time for you guys to learn a lesson.

Lobus
12-22-2016, 11:16 AM
Hey Lobus,

I hope you realize that you are exemplifying all characteristics of the disorders you are trying to roast these nerds on. Best part is, they are ignoring you but you are still raging strong. Pot calling the kettle black and blah blah

Yeah I'm just really concerned about the well being of some of the neckiest of the neckbeards around here. Ever since I took interest in subject a day ago I've found a whole host of online resources and scholarly articles that, I believe, would help them overcome their disabilities (sorry, different abilities)

I've also read about the challanges parents and doctors have in explaining the disorder to the person suffering from it so in actuality these posts are not for the most autist here but instead a call for their elf pals to put down the poopsock for a moment and try to reach out to those who are so obviously in pain.

If killing a pixel dragon for the 425th time is not a cry for help, I don't know what is...

Anyway I'm done with my morning dump so I'll be off cooking most of the day for the family and friends coming in this weekend. Don't be alarmed, I have decided to dedicate all of the bowel movements this holiday season to raise awareness about autism, aspergers, and OCD disorders on these boards... I'll be back

www.autismspeaks.com

nyclin
12-22-2016, 01:03 PM
the rules are too complicated and acting like Snackies' player agreement was something you had never seen.

maybe i dunno, this is a WILD idea but i'm just gonna throw it out there

you guys could move on from the "archived skype conversation" method of drafting agreements, and - this is crazy, but bear with me - actually write up an agreement and then post it publicly so that everyone is on the same page. man if only there was a forum where only officers and leaders of established guilds could post...

FatMice
12-22-2016, 04:08 PM

Just so you know how wrong you are; I was FD at Aary spawn point watching Vulak path back. At which point Quean got FTE, Vulak turned around a restarted a train down. After Quean must have zoned out under the assumption of a clean FTE; which was proudly inforced by Happyhands' /ooc claim. AM wanted to also get a FTE message because we didn't believe this was a legit FTE so while Vulak was pathing back Aalpha also got FTE since he was farther up trying to secure the FTE at spawn point once Vulak's train dropped and was pathing back to spawn point. Note I NEVER saw Vulak get back to his spawn point before you guys claimed a legit FTE. On top of which, after Aalphas FTE I stood up and got another FTE on Vulak. Once I did, wouldn't you know, I died. Once I died, being bound at West Exit I zoned out, zoned in and saw Quean in full gear at entrance running back up. How was he fully geared while getting a legit FTE at Vulak's spawn point?

Did he get a corpse summon and rezz within 2min after Vulak Gated? Wouldn't his corpse be up at his spawn point?

You're either delusional, a liar, or perhaps both. I am sick of the bullshit in this game from everyone.

It's just a shame my computer is getting too full on hard drive space to run Fraps for hours while I am in game.

maskedmelon
12-22-2016, 04:15 PM
Which guild was Vulak patching back from? Sirks' rules Forsyth clearly state that if you fail you should concede it. Who wiped?

maskedmelon
12-22-2016, 04:17 PM
Dunno what "Forsyth" is or why my phone decided it was a good substitute for "pretty," but end don't allow edit, said oh well ^^

LostCause
12-22-2016, 04:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/eHBc5Ia.jpg

Lobus
12-22-2016, 04:33 PM
http://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_400_400/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAZ1AAAAJDA2ODQ5MTJjLTQ1YzctNGE3NS1iMT BmLTA2ZjQzYTc1NTNiZg.png

FatMice
12-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Which guild was Vulak patching back from? Sirks' rules Forsyth clearly state that if you fail you should concede it. Who wiped?

AW wiped.

Joyelle
12-22-2016, 04:39 PM

Citation needed.

nyclin
12-22-2016, 04:44 PM
of course there's no rules on how the new fte must be obtained and that's where all of this whining is coming from, oh boy i'm so glad sirken refuses to clarify the rules because boy-golly it sure does reduce the potential for abuse

And if your guild wipes, the target is considered open (not engaged) and can be FTE'd by anyone, and then that guild/raid will have an hour to make an attempt at killing the mob.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2403929&postcount=5

derpcake
12-22-2016, 04:47 PM
r99 is a giant dumpster fire because staff doesn't do shit

interactions with community are sarcasm / GoT related / double xp for the weekend

honor the legacy, let this shit die

booter
12-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Consider Phinny!

Legday
12-22-2016, 04:49 PM
of course there's no rules on how the new fte must be obtained and that's where all of this whining is coming from, oh boy i'm so glad sirken refuses to clarify the rules because boy-golly it sure does reduce the potential for abuse

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2403929&postcount=5

AW didn't finish wiping until they intentionally dropped agro to themselves.

Explain a more blatant form of exploiting FTE mechanics. Any hypothetical example will do.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

nyclin
12-22-2016, 04:53 PM
AW didn't finish wiping until they intentionally dropped agro to themselves.

Explain a more blatant form of exploiting FTE mechanics. Any hypothetical example will do.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

sounds like conspiracy theory bullshit because you guys lost another vulak, lets see the fraps

Kushie
12-22-2016, 04:58 PM
Don't worry pals, you have 5+ more years of Velious to be snarky rules lawyers.

Fifield
12-22-2016, 05:04 PM
Breaken you disappoint me, you've changed and not in a good way.

IN OTHER NEWS!

Paladins is a pretty fun game
PoP comes out in like a month
DAOC classic server opens in like 15 days

Merry fucking christmas

FatMice
12-22-2016, 05:05 PM
Merry fucking christmas

Snow up there?

Baler
12-22-2016, 08:35 PM
dont joke about dumpsters

Yeah,. some people on these forums live in them behind wifi hot spots.

Thiefboy777
12-23-2016, 11:00 PM
Nostalrius is back up, let this shit die.

Lulz|Sect
12-24-2016, 01:24 AM
i dumper dove my entire computer setup

get on my level

FatMice
01-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Just so you know how wrong you are; I was FD at Aary spawn point watching Vulak path back. At which point Quean got FTE, Vulak turned around a restarted a train down. After Quean must have zoned out under the assumption of a clean FTE; which was proudly inforced by Happyhands' /ooc claim. AM wanted to also get a FTE message because we didn't believe this was a legit FTE so while Vulak was pathing back Aalpha also got FTE since he was farther up trying to secure the FTE at spawn point once Vulak's train dropped and was pathing back to spawn point. Note I NEVER saw Vulak get back to his spawn point before you guys claimed a legit FTE. On top of which, after Aalphas FTE I stood up and got another FTE on Vulak. Once I did, wouldn't you know, I died. Once I died, being bound at West Exit I zoned out, zoned in and saw Quean in full gear at entrance running back up. How was he fully geared while getting a legit FTE at Vulak's spawn point?

Did he get a corpse summon and rezz within 2min after Vulak Gated? Wouldn't his corpse be up at his spawn point?

You're either delusional, a liar, or perhaps both. I am sick of the bullshit in this game from everyone.

It's just a shame my computer is getting too full on hard drive space to run Fraps for hours while I am in game.

QFT. You're welcome.