PDA

View Full Version : THAT guy........

Tippett
01-14-2011, 01:50 PM
We all know this individual, he can visit at any level in the form of any caster class. He is the "random" AFK guy, he is a menace and a disruptive force to any group. In this example the individual was encountered in EC at the second Orcish camp. The following exhibits are my observations about this individual.

Exhibit A - Usually didn't react to a mob with his pet or a DoT until they were under 25% HP

Exhibit B - Never called an afk, just ceased to contribute for long, sporadic amounts of time.

Exhibit C - After warnings he continued to go afk without notice and during one such stretch he was removed from group.

Exhibit D - After being removed he continued to sit in the same spot for a good hour or two medding as he was before being removed. I honestly believe he would have just sat there even if he was still in the group, and just leeched exp without contributing in any way.

Is this a common occurance? I know this isn't my first encounter with a caster engaging in this type of behavior, does it piss anyone else off?

Rool
01-14-2011, 02:06 PM
I have come across those guys in every low level group i joined!. I found Oasis was the worst for this.

Extunarian
01-14-2011, 02:08 PM
I can tell by the look on his face that he thinks he's getting away with the biggest XP leech scam in history. Not today. Not to Tippit.

ukaking
01-14-2011, 02:20 PM
"Oh buddy, hope you aren't afk, there is a TRAIN!" =)

ElanoraBryght
01-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Set "Spells - others" and "Experience Messages" to go to their own window. Good times, as you see who afks for how many kills in a row. For boring camps, play bookie and bet on the over/under for how many pulls he'll be afk for.

Dantes
01-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Kick from group and move on.

purist
01-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Check those bangs out, he's clearly above participation.

boboo
01-14-2011, 06:15 PM
We all know this individual, he can visit at any level in the form of any caster class. He is the "random" AFK guy, he is a menace and a disruptive force to any group. In this example the individual was encountered in EC at the second Orcish camp. The following exhibits are my observations about this individual.

Exhibit A - Usually didn't react to a mob with his pet or a DoT until they were under 25% HP

Exhibit B - Never called an afk, just ceased to contribute for long, sporadic amounts of time.

Exhibit C - After warnings he continued to go afk without notice and during one such stretch he was removed from group.

Exhibit D - After being removed he continued to sit in the same spot for a good hour or two medding as he was before being removed. I honestly believe he would have just sat there even if he was still in the group, and just leeched exp without contributing in any way.

Is this a common occurance? I know this isn't my first encounter with a caster engaging in this type of behavior, does it piss anyone else off?

My grandma fell in the stairs the other day, she broke her hip in 3 different places, the group was pissed i didnt warn them i was gonna be afk for a while. I know, my priorities are all messed up.

Peatree
01-14-2011, 06:36 PM
My grandma fell in the stairs the other day, she broke her hip in 3 different places, the group was pissed i didnt warn them i was gonna be afk for a while. I know, my priorities are all messed up.

...just get her Life Alert and your good to go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BluFIbRZ3rM&feature=related

Slathar
01-14-2011, 06:59 PM
...just get her Life Alert and your good to go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BluFIbRZ3rM&feature=related

im not going to lie, i just click on tags to stare at your avatar for hours

Tippett
01-14-2011, 09:48 PM

So after your grandma fell you went and helped her for 15 minutes, came
back played EQ for 20 minutes, THEN took her to the hospital and never came back to EQ.... Your the worst person ever!

Duma
01-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Over the years I've heard everything from "I fell asleep at the keyboard", to "someone had to go to the hospital", to "I set the house on fire".

Confronting a chronic afker/leecher is like catching an exploiter red handed. Every single one will have outlandish excuses or explanation of why it wasn't them.

I have begun thinking I may cursed at all the granny's of the party members that have been seriously injured or killed over the last decade because someone simply grouped up with me. The number has to be well over 100 for that excuse alone.

Alawen Everywhere
01-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Every time I ninja afked, I was either piss drunk, stoned out of my mind or balls deep in pussy.

Fuck you if you don't like it. Remove me from your bullshit group. Oh, what you're really pissed about is that I was the only tank/cleric/puller and the group split before I could throw up and/or blow my load? Sucks to be you!!!

Bubbles
01-14-2011, 10:47 PM
lol tags.

Ihealyou
01-14-2011, 11:05 PM
I feel like not being on EQ at all is more appropriate than going AFK if you're balls deep in pussy.

Alawen Everywhere
01-14-2011, 11:11 PM
So there's this thing that happens sometimes when you live with a woman. You're doing something (playing EQ, cooking, watching the paint peel off the walls) and she walks up behind you, presses her tits against your back, sticks her tongue in your ear and her hand down your pants.

When that happens to me, the EQ gets afked, the food gets burned and the paint goes unwatched. You can do whatever you want.

Tippett
01-15-2011, 02:08 AM
Im sick of the misconception that this post was about people going AFK and never coming back. If something comes up IRL I get it. I'm referring to people who basically watch a movie or find something else to do while playing EQ and do a really effortless and shitty job, like the exhibits mentioned before the individual was reacting incredibly slowly or not engaging for a few minutes and then coming back for a encounter or two. If your fucking your wife, I don't think your going to fuck for 3 minutes, come back play for 2 minutes, go fuck for 3 minutes, etc.... Your going to go fuck and come back in like 20 minutes or not at all.

boboo
01-15-2011, 02:44 AM
Im sick of the misconception that this post was about people going AFK and never coming back. If something comes up IRL I get it. I'm referring to people who basically watch a movie or find something else to do while playing EQ and do a really effortless and shitty job, like the exhibits mentioned before the individual was reacting incredibly slowly or not engaging for a few minutes and then coming back for a encounter or two. If your fucking your wife, I don't think your going to fuck for 3 minutes, come back play for 2 minutes, go fuck for 3 minutes, etc.... Your going to go fuck and come back in like 20 minutes or not at all.

I know, i read quickly and then realized what you were saying, but had started to troll already lol

Alawen Everywhere
01-15-2011, 02:59 AM
I can't be impotent, purist said I was VIRILE!!!

purist
01-15-2011, 05:06 AM
lol @ alawen viral with aids

john_savage1982
01-15-2011, 05:33 AM
I don't given a fuck when I group. If I feel like intense playing I'll play intensely. If I want free exp I'll find excuses to go afk. Kick me. I don't care. I'll go on a pussy holiday for a few days then come back to find another group of peeps. Reputation? If I cared about reputation on a 10 year old emulated mmorpg i'd have to shoot myself.