PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco cops shoot a guy in a wheelchair, twice

boboo
01-11-2011, 09:39 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHzOI4p9RJM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHzOI4p9RJM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

President
01-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Belongs in off topic.

boboo
01-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Belongs in off topic.

Youre not my president, president! Happy now?

JayDee
01-11-2011, 10:20 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/s67q8o.jpg

vztz lore

Tiggles
01-11-2011, 11:46 PM
San Francisco - At least seven San Francisco police officers, some in uniform and others in plain clothes, surrounding the man and attempting to subdue him with a beanbag gun. Minutes earlier, the man had stabbed a police officer in the shoulder after cops were called to a mental health services center. Once surrounded, the video shows the man maneuvering away from the cops. The man then throws the knife and police open fire, shooting him in the groin.

Both the man and the officer are expected to survive.

A worker at the mental health center said the unidentified suspect was a client of 1380 Howard St. who had become angry after he was denied services. Chiang said the man used a wheelchair, but was not confined to it.

Police originally told "LIED" reporters that the man was standing at the time of the shooting. But at the evening news conference, Gascón acknowledged that the suspect was sitting down in his wheelchair when he was shot. Gascón also released a cell phone video of the shooting captured by a passer-by.

Gascón said the department is investigating how many shots police fired. According to the chief, four officers initially arrived at the scene, including the officer who would be wounded.

Georgia Jackson, who works in the building, said she saw the suspect about an hour and a half before the shooting, sitting in his wheelchair. Jackson said a co-worker told her the suspect became angry after he was denied servies

The man already stabbed one cop and threw a knife at another when they opened fire.

Fuck him he should of been shot in the head just because you are in a wheelchair doesnt mean you can attempt to murder two people.

Who cares if he was mentally ill he was a danger to the public and the police did the right thing.

I do see that they lied of the condition of the man when he was shot but they where just in shooting him.

I'm not a fan of the police but come on give them a break I'm not a fan of wheeled knife carrying hobos either.

Timzilla
01-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Guy was going the wrong way on a one way. Good shoot.

Harrison
01-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Clearly this means no one should own knives, either.

Slathar
01-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Clearly this means no one should own knives, either.

if everonyne ghad a nife this never wuld have happed

Harrison
01-12-2011, 01:22 AM
When you can form a cogent thought, let us know.

Rathali
01-12-2011, 02:55 AM
Why go straight to the shotgun? Don't these guys carry a freakin' tazer?

Harrison
01-12-2011, 03:05 AM
Hmm, friend of mine just got stabbed before my eyes.

I either, A.) Shoot him in the face.
or, B.) Tazer him to satisfy some ridiculous pussies' tendencies to lend power to criminals.

I choose A.

yaaaflow
01-12-2011, 03:17 AM

or, B.) Tazer him to satisfy some ridiculous pussies' tendencies to lend power to criminals.

I choose A.

they should put that question on a test for anyone wanting to be a cop.

Anyone choosing option A should under no circumstance ever be allowed to be a cop.

Nuggie
01-12-2011, 03:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_pgcmI490

Harrison
01-12-2011, 03:20 AM
Most people on your typical force today shouldn't be anyways, but that's another discussion entirely.

Nepotism keeps the cycle going more often than not. (I couldn't think of a better term to use in this situation, but you get my point I hope.)

Fromage
01-12-2011, 03:53 AM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5042/5341302383_fc63021584.jpg

Stibe
01-12-2011, 04:44 AM
they should put that question on a test for anyone wanting to be a cop.

Anyone choosing option A should under no circumstance ever be allowed to be a cop.

And then should be put on meds for being completely fucked in the head.

Omnimorph
01-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Clearly this wheelchair guy said "don't taze me bro" so the cop didn't taze him... Idiot should have said "don't shoot me bro" ... newb.

Hoggen
01-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Clearly, stricter gun laws would have averted this tragedy.

Alawen Everywhere
01-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Goddamn, I was pre-stalked in this thread.

I don't live in San Francisco anymore. I moved in October.

Nedala
01-12-2011, 09:55 AM
omg how fucked up is a country where cops shoot a dude in a wheelchair because he throwed a knife at them....sad.

LevinJ
01-12-2011, 11:14 AM
In my state, cops aren't allowed to use tazers. So when somebody pulls a deadly weapon on them, they have the choice of risking their own lives by engaging him with a baton/hands, or shooting him when they know it isn't strictly necessary. While many cops are on power trips, not all of them are. Some really hate living knowing they faced this decision.

Kassel
01-12-2011, 01:21 PM
omg how fucked up is a country where cops shoot a dude in a wheelchair because he throwed a knife at them....sad.

To be fair he had already stabbed a cob prior to throwing the kinfe.

In Canada they are trying to ban tasers becouse a guy died after being tased becouse he threatend the cops with a stapler and could not speak english. This does not make a whole lot of sense becouse with out the tasers i am sure the cops would have just shot him.

Rule # 1 in life. Do not fuck with a cop who has a gun pointed at you.

fischsemmel
01-12-2011, 01:31 PM

How about ANYONE who had a gun pointed at you? :p

Slathar
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM

I choose A.

another example of harrison being a completely well-adjusted member of society.

boboo
01-12-2011, 02:53 PM
To be fair he had already stabbed a cob prior to throwing the kinfe.

In Canada they are trying to ban tasers becouse a guy died after being tased becouse he threatend the cops with a stapler and could not speak english. This does not make a whole lot of sense becouse with out the tasers i am sure the cops would have just shot him.

The guy in a wheelchair was outside a mental health clinic, minor detail. I bet me and a buddy could have tipped this guy over from behind in a couple of minutes, failing that, boxing him in easy. I love how people defend the right for cops to shoot people first, not as a last resort.

And the canadian taser guy, that is such a bad example, did you see the video? He died from suffocation, with like 2 cops sitting on top of him. He hadnt done anything violent, he was just confused and shouting.

Beau
01-14-2011, 07:34 PM
The guy in a wheelchair was outside a mental health clinic, minor detail. I bet me and a buddy could have tipped this guy over from behind in a couple of minutes, failing that, boxing him in easy. I love how people defend the right for cops to shoot people first, not as a last resort.

And the canadian taser guy, that is such a bad example, did you see the video? He died from suffocation, with like 2 cops sitting on top of him. He hadnt done anything violent, he was just confused and shouting.

Cops, whether good or bad, are put into their positions to protect the public from all types of threats or potential threats. Including the fact that it was right outside of a mental health clinic is an unnecessary detail, as most people with the capacity to stab a police officer and throw a knife at another ;when give instructions that EVERY other person gets when confronted by law enforcement, obviously have something wrong with them, no matter what building they are standing just out side of.

The officers assessed the situation. Fired beanbag rounds to incapacitate and take out any other potential unseen threat(i.e. a gun or another knife) and then proceeded from there. I'm sorry but a few bruises from a beanbag sack are a small price to pay for stabbing someone and attempting to injure another with like 8 guns pointed at you. I hope that some day all of these people that are crying about excessive force are faced with the same situation and actually take a stabbing and then maybe a bullet so they can understand just how appropriate the officers actions actually were. Ever been to san fran? There certainly is no shortage of psychopathic hobos and daily problems involving them.

Kassel
01-14-2011, 08:00 PM
He died from suffocation, with like 2 cops sitting on top of him. He hadnt done anything violent, he was just confused and shouting.

He did not die of Suffocation. They can see if that is the case during the autoposy.
The principal cause of death as "sudden death during restraint", with a contributory factor of "chronic alcoholism" often called "Excited Delerium" - really they do not know what it was, just what it was not

And he was violent, the threw a computer across the room (perhaps he played on P99)
which prompted the call to the police.

I am not saying they should or should not have tased him 5 times. But it was a major deal hear and use of tasers in Canada have been restricted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braidwood_Inquiry

boboo
01-14-2011, 11:18 PM
He did not die of Suffocation. They can see if that is the case during the autoposy.
The principal cause of death as "sudden death during restraint", with a contributory factor of "chronic alcoholism" often called "Excited Delerium" - really they do not know what it was, just what it was not

And he was violent, the threw a computer across the room (perhaps he played on P99)
which prompted the call to the police.

I am not saying they should or should not have tased him 5 times. But it was a major deal hear and use of tasers in Canada have been restricted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braidwood_Inquiry

Right, i was thinking of that other guy that got killed while getting sat on

Maybe you should say that they should not have tased him:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPCgwCS3viQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPCgwCS3viQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

L2Phantom
01-14-2011, 11:50 PM
another example of harrison being a completely well-adjusted member of society.

Are you kidding? Harrison was spot on.

Slathar
01-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Are you kidding? Harrison was spot on.

yeah, it's always a good idea to shoot someone in the face when they have a knife in their hand. jesus christ

boboo
01-15-2011, 12:04 AM
yeah, it's always a good idea to shoot someone in the face when they have a knife in their hand. jesus christ

To be fair he was shot in the balls. Twice.