PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this problem?

lonepath
01-10-2011, 07:25 PM
I posted in the petitions section 2 days ago for an IP exemption, so I can play at the same time as my wife, and I haven't had a response. I just wanted to make sure it was visible or the section wasn't broken because I've seen devs on, but no response.

Cars
01-10-2011, 07:27 PM
They Can for sure see it, but the IP exemptions are are done in groups. It can take several weeks for them to get to it if you submitted this after they recently have done a batch.

lonepath
01-10-2011, 07:29 PM
What do you mean by done in groups?

Thatguy05
01-10-2011, 07:30 PM
blah blah blah IPEXEMPTION

/thread

purist
01-10-2011, 07:33 PM
People that make these kinds of threads should automatically have to wait an extra 6 months to get an IP exemption.

lonepath
01-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Wow, I'm sorry, jeez close the thread.
People like you should get 6 months of suspension for showing such a warm welcome (/sarcasm) to new players.
Sorry my wife and I were ecstatic when heard about this server and being able to relive the classic experience.

Crone
01-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Wow, I'm sorry, jeez close the thread.
People like you should get 6 months of suspension for showing such a warm welcome (/sarcasm) to new players.
Sorry my wife and I were ecstatic when heard about this server and being able to relive the classic experience.

Please understand good sir, that your exact question gets asked over, and over, and over, and over, constantly without seeminly any work by the poster (you) in figuring out the answer yourself, when it is clearly on these forums.

Put a little work into this yourself friend, if you are so excited, you surely have the motivation to search, and you might find a friendlier welcome.

Best of luck!

Kassel
01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
I have never asked for an ip exemption becouse i dont 2 box, but perhaps the old addage "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" comes into effect here?

You made 2 threads, why not 20 in every forum on the board?
You could petition in game a bunch of times, or try and contact a gm directly.
You could also send Dev's multiple private messages, they cant ignore them all can they ?

Perhaps if you searched the forums you could see how quickly ppl who did as mentioned above got a response.

Good luck !

Cars
01-10-2011, 08:05 PM
LOL dont worry about the people on these forums. They are hyena's. What i meant by batches is that they are not going to stop what they are doing everytime an IP exemption gets posted because of how frequently it happens. Instead, they do many at a time when the list has built up.

Swishahouse
01-11-2011, 10:59 AM
WERE A BUNCH OF HYENAS!??? HOW OFTEN DOES THIS SAME RETARDED POST HAVE TO HAPPEN?? OP YOU'RE AN IDIOT!

DetroitVelvetSmooth
01-11-2011, 11:26 AM
There's reasonable expectations and unreasonable expectations. I expect the op to check stickies before posting this. If the stickies said anywhere "ip exceptions will sometime take several weeks" then, yes, lets be a dick to him. However, the only mention I found was in the 1999 FAQ in the "library" forum, and that makes it sound as if it is a request that is ostensibly resolvable within a few days. Hows this - A) make a sticky in the petition section. B) amend the FAQ.

You can now commence to pointing out the one sticky I didn't read that explains precisely what the op and I did not run across in the others. Otherwise, quit being pricks. Trollfail.

Jannemaroo
01-11-2011, 12:44 PM
We applied for an ip exemption on the 31st, and figured it was the holidays so it would take some time. But DetroitVelvetSmooth is right, it does not say on the section where you apply for the exemption that they do it in batches and can take weeks to happen. This is why these threads pop up all the time; when you are used to duoing as a husband/wife team (or whatever the makeup) it sucks to discover you cannot log in together right away.

I understand the reason behind needing IP exemption, but I had no clue it can take weeks until I read it in another thread myself. For the time being we have two types of Internet, so we can log in together, but it is a pricy option that us only available to us for a short time; hopefully our exemption will be in place before we have to return the other form of net to my friend. And no, we cannot syphon Internet from the neighbors.

Maybe in the help instructions for setting up eq for play on 1999, where it mentions at the bottom that you need an IP exemption to have more than one in the household play, it could mention that this is a batch process that can take weeks to go through. That way from the get-go, couples will be aware that this process will take time.

The only way our house plays mmorpg's is together or not at all. There's no way we could have one of us playing here while the other watches; we happen to be lucky to have the second ISP for now, because we have truly enjoyed being here so far, and are glad this exists.

I know it has to be irritating to the people who have been here for a long time to see these threads pop up repeatedly, but truly it's just that people are excited to have found this server, and all it says is apply for an exemption without mention that it can take so long until you dig for it.

Jannemaroo
01-11-2011, 12:51 PM
I mean in the project FAQ, rather, where it is mentioned there. :) not the getting started guide.

Uaellaen
01-11-2011, 01:13 PM
it usualy does not take "weeks" ... nilbog does it every other weekend ... patience is a virtue ...

lonepath
01-11-2011, 01:23 PM
WERE A BUNCH OF HYENAS!??? HOW OFTEN DOES THIS SAME RETARDED POST HAVE TO HAPPEN?? OP YOU'RE AN IDIOT!

All caps, really? Swishahouse, it looks as if you have the mentality of a 5 year old child.

Chanus
01-11-2011, 01:25 PM
it usualy does not take "weeks" ... nilbog does it every other weekend ... patience is a virtue ...

I think that may be true during times when Kunark Beta isn't priority #1.

lonepath
01-11-2011, 01:32 PM
DetroitVelvetSmooth and Jannemaroo, I think you for the backup. It is quite amazing how flamers and trolls attack new victims when they feel they see a slight mistake whenever, in reality, it has absolutely nothing to do with them. I am very sure that if I am doing something wrong the devs will let me know, especially considering that I am a new member, and they do not need to be babysat by all the little trolls invading their forum.

Peace.

Maddy
01-11-2011, 01:39 PM
getting trolled much?

MiRo2
01-12-2011, 11:33 AM
It is quite amazing how flamers and trolls attack new victims when they feel they see a slight mistake whenever, in reality, it has absolutely nothing to do with them.

Please understand good sir, that your exact question gets asked over, and over, and over, and over, constantly without seeminly any work by the poster (you) in figuring out the answer yourself, when it is clearly on these forums.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/search.php?searchid=490700