PDA

View Full Version : Dear PLers

Estu
01-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Dear PLers who take a super-popular dungeon spot during peak hours and refuse to give it up for a full group looking to EXP there and politely asking for the spot:

What's your deal?

senna
01-06-2011, 08:27 PM
that bowl of rice isn't gonna fill itself, now is it?

h0tr0d (shaere)
01-06-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm with ya here, plvlers should not interfere with normal people or groups.

Nocte
01-06-2011, 08:58 PM
If it's super popular, then it makes sense that you probably would get into a group there in the first place, because it'd be full, right?

Maybe instead of relying on one camp in one dungeon, you could try exping in less populated zones like the inside of MM Castle, or Kedge (past the entrance), or Paw, or LGuk Live side, or Permafrost. All of those spots are typically at full spawn even during peak hours.

azeth
01-06-2011, 09:15 PM
I have 0 sympathy for complaints regarding farmers or PLers taking primetime grind spots solely because you could be doing the inside of Kedge for twice the exp and half the hassle of any of the common grind spots.

Estu
01-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Reasonable points, Azeth and Nocte, except that part of the problem with the underused dungeons is exactly that they're underused. As a 20 WIZ I'm not gonna have much luck finding groups there or getting people to go there, and I certainly can't solo with any kind of efficiency.

Ronas
01-06-2011, 09:30 PM
which spot are you referring to anyways?

Estu
01-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Fireplace in Unrest.

SlankyLanky
01-06-2011, 11:05 PM
yikes if you FP in Unrest is bad just wait =/

Ronas
01-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Fireplace in Unrest.

Unless the person plvling has some kind of rotation going and tagging mobs exactly as they spawn. Generally second floor and first floor FFA. Just keep that in mind, unless theres a whole group there. But in this case, pretty much free to do a takeover. IMO

AexDestroy
01-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Dear PLers.....http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2594/3871543315_19d82ee46f.jpg

Fixed.

ElanoraBryght
01-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Stop sending people to Kedge, it's overcamped already.
No, REALLY. If you don't believe me, you haven't been to kedge lately when the server pop is over 400.

Bubbles
01-07-2011, 03:41 AM
Stop sending people to Kedge, it's overcamped already.
No, REALLY. If you don't believe me, you haven't been to kedge lately when the server pop is over 400.

No, he wants to send people to kedge to get away from the people getting paid 1k an hour to PL people.....

Oh WAIT.

On second thought, you're probably right... :rolleyes:

Ledzepp02
01-07-2011, 04:01 AM
No, he wants to send people to kedge to get away from the people getting paid 1k an hour to PL people.....

Oh WAIT.

On second thought, you're probably right... :rolleyes:

typically 1k/hr for druids, 1.5k/hr for us monks =P but we get shit done. Enchanter 1-50 in <24hrs played heh. Well....it WAS Halloween weekend, but still.

h0tr0d (shaere)
01-07-2011, 04:27 AM
If you're powerleveling you can bug off. You can go find some obscure spot, as opposed to telling the group looking for place to hunt. You got the plat to pay for a powerlevel, pay for a fucking port and go find a spot that doesn't impede on the general population. Try pulling that nonsense with me around.

Ronas
01-07-2011, 06:03 AM
typically 1k/hr for druids, 1.5k/hr for us monks =P but we get shit done. Enchanter 1-50 in <24hrs played heh. Well....it WAS Halloween weekend, but still.

Use of multiple toons tho on one toon with that enc?

So mix of druid/monk/mage/bard? Find it abit hard to do it with a single class.

aggresor223
01-07-2011, 06:12 AM
Dear PLers who take a super-popular dungeon spot during peak hours and refuse to give it up for a full group looking to EXP there and politely asking for the spot:

What's your deal?

I completely agree, it is rather upsetting to log in to High Keep and have someone taking the entire basement :( by him self!

Alawen Everywhere
01-07-2011, 11:31 AM
I love how people get all righteous against powerlevelers. What exactly is it that you're going to do? If a camp is taken, a camp is taken. It doesn't matter if it's a solo farmer or a couple of twinks or a full group of gimps, THE CAMP IS TAKEN. Move on.

Personally, I power level in obscure places just because you people with sticks up your asses who absolutely suck at leveling would much rather argue than level and you'll slow me down. I even had two assholes come and get righteous on the northern edge of SolA one time when the entire rest of the zone was empty.

Chanus
01-07-2011, 12:07 PM
I love how people get all righteous against powerlevelers. What exactly is it that you're going to do? If a camp is taken, a camp is taken. It doesn't matter if it's a solo farmer or a couple of twinks or a full group of gimps, THE CAMP IS TAKEN. Move on.

I'm pretty sure a Powerlevel session tends to involve more than a single camp.

I mean, I dunno how you do it, but four mobs ever seven minutes a powerlevel does not make.

Ihealyou
01-07-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm pretty sure a Powerlevel session tends to involve more than a single camp.

I mean, I dunno how you do it, but four mobs ever seven minutes a powerlevel does not make.

If they're pulling from more than one camp, just take whichever camp they're not sitting at. If they start pulling from your camp, tell them to stop, and if they don't, petition them. You can't claim a camp that you're not actually at. Maybe the people power leveling will take the hint and go somewhere less crowded.

karsten
01-07-2011, 12:17 PM
i went to kill kobolds in steamfont today and even those were camped.

I was level 4

mimixownzall
01-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Personally, I power level in obscure places just because you people with sticks up your asses who absolutely suck at leveling...

What? Because someone doesnt have thousands of pp in their bank or high level friends/guildies who will help that makes them 'suck at leveling'?

Or, God forbid, they want to come and group and relive their classic experience, which is what this server is all about, by camping their favorite dungeon spots.

Dantes
01-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Unrest is your problem. Unrest blows.

Slathar
01-07-2011, 03:13 PM
so much crying. my only advice to you guys is play better.

Dantes
01-07-2011, 03:16 PM

Personally, I power level in obscure places just because you people with sticks up your asses who absolutely suck at leveling would much rather argue than level and you'll slow me down. I even had two assholes come and get righteous on the northern edge of SolA one time when the entire rest of the zone was empty.

And why wouldn't they be? It's kind of a self-centered asshole thing to do. Either you're in it for money or you're in it for fast experience. You bypass the grouping system, which this game was designed for, in your own personal interest. You serve yourself, 1 person, rather than the needs of 6. It's selfish. It's that obvious? Me first! I want more experience, I want more plat. ME ME ME ME! Fuck everybody else, they can lick my balls.

Seaweedpimp
01-07-2011, 03:21 PM
And why wouldn't they be? It's kind of a self-centered asshole thing to do. Either you're in it for money or you're in it for fast experience. You bypass the grouping system, which this game was designed for, in your own personal interest. You serve yourself, 1 person, rather than the needs of 6. It's selfish. It's that obvious? Me first! I want more experience, I want more plat. ME ME ME ME! Fuck everybody else, they can lick my balls.

Wow. Really?

Slathar
01-07-2011, 03:22 PM

yep, that is pretty much it. fuck everyone else.

Walabaego
01-07-2011, 03:23 PM
yep, that is pretty much it. fuck everyone else.

Good ol' Cancer :)

Kassel
01-07-2011, 03:36 PM
If someone is killing the mobs you want to kill, do not cry, just go elsewhere. Their motivation for killing the mobs is irrelevant. Groups or lower levels have no additional rights to claim mobs. There is tons of mobs to kill in this game, if your favorite spot is full, take this as an opportunity to find a new one.

Alawen Everywhere
01-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Well, there's always a choice. I can either worry about me and my enjoyment, or I can worry about you and your enjoyment.

Considering that this is a FUCKING VIDEO GAME, I'd say you are responsible for your own fun, loser.

Play better.

Chanus
01-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Aren't you the one who cried and left because other guilds ruined your fun?

Alawen Everywhere
01-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Other guilds? I was in the #1 guild and when they failed I was in the other #1 guild.

I thanked people for cheating and releasing me from the mesmerizing effect this game has on me. My classes begin on Monday, at which point I will become a very rare spawn.

Congratulations to you on your remarkable reading comprehension and memory skills.

purist
01-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Didn't you claim you'd become a "very rare spawn" about 4 times already?

Alawen Everywhere
01-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Didn't you claim that your rectum was collapsed from years of anal penetration?

Alawen Everywhere
01-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Rectal prolapse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectal_prolapse)

purist
01-07-2011, 06:23 PM
So, is this the 4th time or the 5th time you've "quit?" I lost track.

Something tells me that "mesmerizing effect" is harder for you to kick than a meth addiction.

Slathar
01-07-2011, 06:28 PM
lets argue more about video games guys

Alawen Everywhere
01-07-2011, 10:05 PM
So, is this the 4th time or the 5th you've "destroyed your rectum?" I lost track.

Something tells me that "anal penetration" is harder for you to kick than a meth addiction.

Jaxon
01-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Come on Alawen, quit busting his ass.

purist
01-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Yes, he clearly has more fart and "lol butt sex" jokes than his 50 year old peers.

Alawen Everywhere
01-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Come on Alawen, quit busting his ass.

This made me lol. Thanks :)

AexDestroy
01-08-2011, 05:23 AM
Didn't you claim you'd become a "very rare spawn" about 4 times already?

Alawen you have a fan club!

aggresor223
01-08-2011, 05:32 AM
So, is this the 4th time or the 5th you've "destroyed your rectum?" I lost track.

Something tells me that "anal penetration" is harder for you to kick than a meth addiction.

Running out of witty remarks? Finely realize your fail at life? Don't fuck up this time, from the looks of it your about to hit a midlife crisis. Take care.

LevinJ
01-08-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm with ya here, plvlers should not interfere with normal people or groups.

Alright, rant time. "normal people or groups"... so high level people are not normal people? This is the same liberal, "the world needs to accommodate me and make my life easier" bullshit that the government is spewing all the time (in America). (Where "spread the wealth" means hardworking people need to spread their hard-earned profits to support the welfare assholes that have no interest in earning their own way).

So a high level person worked hard, leveled up, and now wants to enjoy the game with the power that he earned - and that makes not a normal person? That means s/he has less rights to any given camp than anyone else because they didn't take the time and work as hard?

Most high level people are pretty nice, in my exp, about sharing camps. I know I am if you approach me about it politely. But this sense of entitlement because we are high level and you are not, therefore we owe you something, gets zero respect from me.

Walabaego
01-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Running out of witty remarks? Finely realize your fail at life? Don't fuck up this time, from the looks of it your about to hit a midlife crisis. Take care.

Lol. Passing this one along, way too easy.

Alkorin
01-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Most high level people are pretty nice, in my exp, about sharing camps. I know I am if you approach me about it politely. But this sense of entitlement because we are high level and you are not, therefore we owe you something, gets zero respect from me.

Bingo.

Don't know about others, but ask nicely, and I'll be on my way. "Demand" that I move? Uh, no. Who the hell are you, and why should I accomodate you when you clearly have no respect?

Alawen Everywhere
01-08-2011, 09:57 AM
That's exactly my point. The two or three guys powerleveling are playing a video game, same as anyone else. The sense of entitlement in this culture is getting really out of control.

I have a significant fan club. Unfortunately, they're all cowardly and illiterate mouth-breathers and not even interesting to insult.

Timzilla
01-08-2011, 10:26 AM
What? Because someone doesnt have thousands of pp in their bank or high level friends/guildies who will help that makes them 'suck at leveling'?

Or, God forbid, they want to come and group and relive their classic experience, which is what this server is all about, by camping their favorite dungeon spots.

Apparently if you're not being power leveled, you just suck at leveling. Kinda ironic.

h0tr0d (shaere)
01-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Ironic yes, because one could argue the one being powerlvled sucks, therefore needing the powerlvl. Heh enough of this, some choose to skip the levelling for alts, or mains,their choice. I know I don't like grinding again and again and again... but then again people really should lvl up, and group, and enjoy the ride. Especially when you get the mad rush to hit 50 and then.... yeah.

THis thread sure got derailed though didn't it?

Timzilla
01-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Well, there's always a choice. I can either worry about me and my enjoyment, or I can worry about you and your enjoyment.

Considering that this is a FUCKING VIDEO GAME, I'd say you are responsible for your own fun, loser.

Play better.

Obviously you're good at the video game. Just as obvious, you suck at Everquest.

Estu
01-08-2011, 10:39 AM

Sir, if you read the OP, you'd see that I specifically said I asked politely.

Bingo.

Don't know about others, but ask nicely, and I'll be on my way. "Demand" that I move? Uh, no. Who the hell are you, and why should I accomodate you when you clearly have no respect?

You too.

Estu
01-08-2011, 10:47 AM
But really? Here's the "sense of entitlement". Your level 50 character that you worked so hard to make isn't spending his time doing something like camping a piece of loot or fine steel weapons to sell, which I can respect. He's being paid by some other character to take a fast track through the leveling process and blast through the levels instead of playing the game how it's meant to be played. Which is fine, except that this SINGLE person is getting in the way of SIX people who are actually trying to play the game as it's meant to be played, who maybe can't afford your power leveling services, who maybe would happily accept the PLee into their group (say they have five people instead of six), except he's gotta have it his way, he's gotta level as fast as possible.

You're putting the needs of one person over the needs of six, is where the "sense of entitlement" comes from, and you're doing it for what's essentially an exploit, bypassing the entire point of the game. And again, I have no problem with that in theory, but for fuck's sake, have the decency to do it somewhere or sometime that a ton of people aren't regularly trying to legitimately EXP, or share the camp with them, or PL everyone simultaneously - do ANYTHING other than just hog the entire fucking camp for a single lazy lowbie.

Alawen Everywhere
01-08-2011, 10:54 AM
So the guy paying for powerleveling is a lazy exploiter, but the paupers who want it for free are playing the game how it's meant to be played.

Are you for real?

Alawen Everywhere
01-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Obviously you're good at the video game. Just as obvious, you suck at Everquest.

Wow, ZING! Yes, I'm the one who sucks because I spend my time on camp disputes in Unrest and then I start flame threads about it.

Estu
01-08-2011, 11:05 AM
So the guy paying for powerleveling is a lazy exploiter, but the paupers who want it for free are playing the game how it's meant to be played.

Are you for real?

You're kind of missing the point. I don't demand free PLing; I just said that it's an option that's preferable to keeping the entire camp for a single person. I'd be just as fine (in fact, I'd be happier) with the PLer and the PLee just heading off to another area or zone. Yes, if six or seven people at once are being PLed then it's still not playing the game exactly how it's meant to be played, but it's not greedy as fuck, which is the actual point of this whole thread.

Alawen Everywhere
01-08-2011, 11:21 AM
You're kind of missing the point. I don't demand free PLing; I just said that it's an option that's preferable to keeping the entire camp for a single person. I'd be just as fine (in fact, I'd be happier) with the PLer and the PLee just heading off to another area or zone. Yes, if six or seven people at once are being PLed then it's still not playing the game exactly how it's meant to be played, but it's not greedy as fuck, which is the actual point of this whole thread.

No, you, sir, are missing the point. The point is that if you get to a camp that you'd like and someone is already there, you can attempt to negotiate for the camp or you can wait your turn, just like everyone else. It doesn't matter if it's a solo farmer, a twinked duo, a group of brand new characters or an entire raid guild who decided it would be cool to lock down evil eye for weeks.

Wait your turn.

Estu
01-08-2011, 11:22 AM
No, you, sir, are missing the point. The point is that if you get to a camp that you'd like and someone is already there, you can attempt to negotiate for the camp or you can wait your turn, just like everyone else. It doesn't matter if it's a solo farmer, a twinked duo, a group of brand new characters or an entire raid guild who decided it would be cool to lock down evil eye for weeks.

Wait your turn.

You're right that those are the camp rules. But it's possible to be a completely law-abiding citizen and still be a gigantic douchebag.

Alawen Everywhere
01-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Let me remind you that you're the one who can't resolve his camp disputes who then runs to the forums to whine.

Estu
01-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Let me remind you that you're the one who can't resolve his camp disputes who then runs to the forums to whine.

I mean that's what this forum's here for, right? Isn't a rant essentially a whine with an angry face on? Anyway, the camp dispute was resolved: the PLer kept PLing and my group got shitty EXP on the first floor. Whoo.

Alawen Everywhere
01-08-2011, 11:47 AM
No, this forum is for that Lazortag loser to stalk me from thread to thread and spam a bunch of tags on every thread I post in because he's STILL butthurt that I trolled him in that guild name thread.

Estu
01-08-2011, 12:15 PM
No, this forum is for that Lazortag loser to stalk me from thread to thread and spam a bunch of tags on every thread I post in because he's STILL butthurt that I trolled him in that guild name thread.

Yeah, fuck that loser. What kind of a name is Lazortag anyway?

Lazortag
01-08-2011, 01:00 PM

Uh, a person can put a maximum of two tags on a thread. I see way more than two tags about you on this thread Alawen. Sorry princess, but I'm not the only one in this community who doesn't like you.

Lazortag
01-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah, fuck that loser. What kind of a name is Lazortag anyway?

Don't act like we aren't bosom buddies estu. <3

Alawen Everywhere
01-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Uh, a person can put a maximum of two tags on a thread. I see way more than two tags about you on this thread Alawen. Sorry princess, but I'm not the only one in this community who doesn't like you.

Notice he doesn't say that none of the tags are his and that he doesn't follow me from thread to thread. He wants to be part of a mongrel gang that follows me around yapping. Nice life!

Alawen Everywhere
01-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Brb, making a couple anonymous accounts so I can be my own gang, too.

Ihealyou
01-08-2011, 02:33 PM
There's also the possibility that more than one person doesn't like you...

Alawen Everywhere
01-08-2011, 03:08 PM
There's also the possibility that more than one person doesn't like you...

There's little doubt that there's more than one person who doesn't like me. What is in doubt is that there is an actual heard of morons who follow me from thread to thread tagging. I think that is Lazortag's unique gift to the world.

purist
01-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Notice he doesn't say that none of the tags are his and that he doesn't follow me from thread to thread. He wants to be part of a mongrel gang that follows me around yapping. Nice life!

Brb, making a couple anonymous accounts so I can be my own gang, too.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY

Alkorin
01-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Sir, if you read the OP, you'd see that I specifically said I asked politely.

Your beef is not with me. I would have moved along when asked politely.

Some other people in this thread, however, seem to indicate that they have a right to -demand- that PLers be on their way. They don't. If someone walked up to you and said "you're PLing, we want xp, gtfo right now", would you move for them?

Estu
01-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Your beef is not with me. I would have moved along when asked politely.

Some other people in this thread, however, seem to indicate that they have a right to -demand- that PLers be on their way. They don't. If someone walked up to you and said "you're PLing, we want xp, gtfo right now", would you move for them?

Probably not if they were THAT rude. Then again, it's hard to say. My main motivation for not moving would be to spite them and I don't tend to be very spiteful. On the other hand, if someone rudely demanded buffs from me, I wouldn't give them the buffs, even if I was just sitting around in EC. I think the difference is that I see buffing as doing someone a nicety, whereas I see stepping off of a PLing camp for an EXP group as fulfilling an obligation.

Theldios
01-08-2011, 07:13 PM
If it's super popular, then it makes sense that you probably would get into a group there in the first place, because it'd be full, right?

Maybe instead of relying on one camp in one dungeon, you could try exping in less populated zones like the inside of MM Castle, or Kedge (past the entrance), or Paw, or LGuk Live side, or Permafrost. All of those spots are typically at full spawn even during peak hours.

Well I tested this theory today 6 hours in MM LFG and guess what even though there were enough people in MM to form a couple of groups not one formed.
No Matter how much you would like to think it is as easy as going there and hooking up a group it is just not gonna happen because not enough people want to go there.
So Less populated zones do not help in the quest for EXP as there are no groups to be had

Harrison
01-08-2011, 07:26 PM
MM is fucking terrible.

Mobs warp through walls way too often for it to be any good. (in castle)

Scrooge
01-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Can we get back on topic over here?

Mardur
01-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Well I tested this theory today 6 hours in MM LFG and guess what even though there were enough people in MM to form a couple of groups not one formed.
No Matter how much you would like to think it is as easy as going there and hooking up a group it is just not gonna happen because not enough people want to go there.
So Less populated zones do not help in the quest for EXP as there are no groups to be had

Hm, had no problem gaining more than 10 levels in MM from ent to GY to castle ent...

OngorDrakan
01-09-2011, 02:49 AM
SFFFFFFFFFFFTUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCXBX

CPOCOXCOXOCOX:p

Estu
01-09-2011, 10:31 AM
SFFFFFFFFFFFTUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCXBX

CPOCOXCOXOCOX:p

QFT

DetroitVelvetSmooth
01-09-2011, 01:58 PM
QFT is a three-letter abbreviation with multiple meanings, as described below:

* QuantiFERON-TB Gold, a whole blood TB infection diagnostic test, based on quantitative measurement of interferon-gamma
* Quantum field theory, the theory of quantum mechanics for relativistic systems
* Quantum Fourier transform, a discrete Fourier transform
* Quantitative feedback theory
* Queen's Film Theatre, a cinema in Northern Ireland

And THATS the truth. CPOCOXCOX.

Swishahouse
01-09-2011, 06:56 PM
The problem with the less populated zones is simply that people are a bunch of unskilled lazy idiots. I heard MM castle as one of the suggestions that was rejected above. I was in MM castle not a week ago with a totally wild group 2ENC, 2 WIZ, CLR, BRD. We were pulling entire wings of the castle trains be damned into an AEstun/dd rapefest. No issue, no deaths. The problem isn't the zones, their bugs, your gear, or any of that shit its the players. LEARN 2 PLAY and for fuck sake where do you think groups come from?? Do they materialize out of thin air? Do you think putting your LFG tag on is like a fucking dungeon finder? The answer to both of those questions is NO. Fuck sake find out whose LFG, send them a tell saying you're going into a badass camp that not many people venture into so there will be little contest for mobs and then invite them. Form your own fucking groups - LIGHTBULB!

skulldudes
01-10-2011, 02:00 AM
but what if i've only been to mm once and get lost and it's scary?

DetroitVelvetSmooth
01-10-2011, 04:17 AM
Hey Swisha, little bit of wtyh abuse going on in that group.

Tudana
01-10-2011, 07:56 AM
The problem with the less populated zones is simply that people are a bunch of unskilled lazy idiots. I heard MM castle as one of the suggestions that was rejected above. I was in MM castle not a week ago with a totally wild group 2ENC, 2 WIZ, CLR, BRD. We were pulling entire wings of the castle trains be damned into an AEstun/dd rapefest. No issue, no deaths. The problem isn't the zones, their bugs, your gear, or any of that shit its the players. LEARN 2 PLAY and for fuck sake where do you think groups come from?? Do they materialize out of thin air? Do you think putting your LFG tag on is like a fucking dungeon finder? The answer to both of those questions is NO. Fuck sake find out whose LFG, send them a tell saying you're going into a badass camp that not many people venture into so there will be little contest for mobs and then invite them. Form your own fucking groups - LIGHTBULB!

/sarc on
Your a Classist!!!

This! a trinity it is not! how do you expect the "real" expers to get a "real" group together and exp is your taking the whole area with that group?

/sarc off

/LFG bish!

mitic
01-10-2011, 08:24 AM

looks like you have done something wrong then. ive led countless groups in mistmoore and filled all of them within 15 minutes from scratch (/who lfg is your friend).

IF someone had problems to come over to mm then i just called a random porter to help out and paid those 20pp for the port.

6 hours... geezuz christ, L2P better imo